March 29, 2024, 01:15:15 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Haiti Copa Game (08-Jan-2016)  (Read 58596 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
TTFA and the current Government sabotaging our football...
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2015, 12:01:53 AM »
Both of them only care to fill their own pocket and the new prez only care about w connection...

You mean to tell me that David John Williams had no knowledge of what was going on with our players and money..

All the blind partisan supporters on here talking about the previous government and now we have Smith who in charge how long now and can't tell the public how much money is allocated to football?

No money has been allocated to football and the government knew the situation. What happen to David and the PNM... Put their money where their mouth is and fund the team...

What is all this excuse about election just finish and all this nonsense, we're in December already.

Why doesn't David go and get funding from the local businesses, oh I forgot, he run Sabga and them from the admin, which could have helped in this case.. Smart move..

You ent see, these men is a bunch of idiots only looking for handouts and not proactive..

I don't want to hear anything about this current government until they fund the national team or David get sponsorship to fix this debacle..

Waste of time people..
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 12:12:35 AM by Controversial »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA and the current Government sabotaging our football...
« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2015, 12:03:23 AM »
Forumites Contro is having another mental breakdown  :D

You saying no money has been allocated to football by the Ministry? Voices in your head again.

Why you hate the PNM so much Contro?  ;D

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Good move KJ...

I tell some hard head men on here that the players will strike if this nonsense continues with ttfa and now it's extended to the pnm as well..

Fed up of these men masquerading like they know what they are doing... John better get he business in order and I don't want to see a w connection team nor Charles as coach.. Or I will be done with Trinidad football, and plenty people I know will also be done...

What happen to the glorious new government... Smith can't get rowley to approve funding and write a cheque to the team?

A serious matter like this needs addressing immediately so we can play this playoff.. The players deserve better than this and I don't blame them at all for striking ...

You does still wonder why people in here think you crazy?  :rotfl:

Fool... When the cabinet approve funding for sport, it includes football... When that money getting disperse? When the government writing that cheque for football? It has been allocated and the mos got his budget, where the hell is the money idiot?

Laugh like a fool and watch our football burn and people does wonder why man does catch they tail when they so harden ...

So you opened your hole to make a claim the TTFA has not received funding from the Ministry since the previous budget?  :D

I'm sorry I had to break it down in detail for you, it is blatantly obvious the funding goes to the football org... I didn't know I had to spell that out for you...

My bad, I will draw a picture for you next time to illustrate and the pm has the power to make things happen, unless there something I don't know that you know about how the system of politics works in Trinidad.. Which I don't need an education on...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Good move KJ...

I tell some hard head men on here that the players will strike if this nonsense continues with ttfa and now it's extended to the pnm as well..

Fed up of these men masquerading like they know what they are doing... John better get he business in order and I don't want to see a w connection team nor Charles as coach.. Or I will be done with Trinidad football, and plenty people I know will also be done...

What happen to the glorious new government... Smith can't get rowley to approve funding and write a cheque to the team?

A serious matter like this needs addressing immediately so we can play this playoff.. The players deserve better than this and I don't blame them at all for striking ...

You does still wonder why people in here think you crazy?  :rotfl:

Fool... When the cabinet approve funding for sport, it includes football... When that money getting disperse? When the government writing that cheque for football? It has been allocated and the mos got his budget, where the hell is the money idiot?

Laugh like a fool and watch our football burn and people does wonder why man does catch they tail when they so harden ...

Contro we know you anti-PNM but the Minister should not do the  job as the President of the TTFA. There are ways he can influence football and use his office to ensure things are being done but he definitely should not cut a cheque for football players. The Ministry job has been to distribute funding to different sporting organisations and because of this they have the influence to hold them accountable but you want them to actually bypass the sporting organisation and cut cheques to individual players?   :rotfl:

And hear you talking about Rowley too  :rotfl:

Anti idiot.... Whether it be pnm, unc or you...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #94 on: December 11, 2015, 12:08:30 AM »

You saying no money has been allocated to football by the Ministry? Voices in your head again.

How much money has been allocated to football by the new admin to date?

Please enlighten me?

No this is a hate for idiots who try to ruin our national program... Nothing to do with pnm, if this was unc I would treat it the same way..

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2015, 12:14:41 AM »

Please enlighten me?

No this is a hate for idiots who try to ruin our national program... Nothing to do with pnm, if this was unc I would treat it the same way..

Like you said not a red cent. Wha yuh say in another thread? Rowley should come down from the PM house and sign some cheques?  :D  :rotfl:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2015, 12:16:30 AM »

Please enlighten me?

Like you said not a red cent. Wha yuh say in another thread? Rowley should come down from the PM house and sign some cheques?  :D  :rotfl:

He could send you to deliver the cheque... I'm sure you will gladly do it...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Look out for W Connection masquerading as T&T at this tournament.  2 birds with one stone.....Shahdon Winchester gets to be on de National team and Stuart Charles returns as National team coach  :)

Watch de proceedings

I'm done with Trinidad and Tobago football if that happens

I heard that on Nov.19,1989 right after de U.S game and there after from many fans.

This is the last straw ... The football team won't recover from this if the govt and ttfa fail here... It will be solely their blame..

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Every time I see the minister of sport, he shaking hands and smiling but doing nothing and saying nothing of substance..

Like he only focusing on eating 7 and 8 course meals everyday...

Eat ah food minister, eat ah food...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
The TTFA made 1.2 million dollars profit from the Women's game when he played Ecuador and tickets were just $100.00 TTD each.

When the men team played USA last month we had a sold out stadium at higher priced tickets.

My question is.

Where did the money go from the USA game?

300 covered stands and 150 uncovered, do the math.

I am sure DJW will work on this right away.

Give him some time, even though it should not have reached this stage.

Didn't the government put aside millions for sports? or is all going for the olympic team?

Darryl Smith need to wake up.

Smith not waking up, he too busy fulling his belly... Siesta time for him... Watch him hibernate

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2015, 01:15:16 AM »
Contro, John Williams has to straighten out what Tim Kee left for him. At the mean time the Minister has to deal with all other sports. Not just football. Like you, I was expecting John-Williams to come marching in with his financiers to fix TTFA. What the TTFA need first and foremost is money. money, money, money. I will give John some slack for now. but when the WC, Women;s Olimpic and the Copa America qualifiers come around ..... we eh want any excuse!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 06:52:49 AM by Deeks »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I'm not sure we're in any position to be giving anybody ultimatums, or telling them we not playing them in the future.  That would be classic cutting off we nose to spite we face kinda thing.

THIS
True dat. Yet..if we shoot weself in we foot financially chances are we won't afford to play nobody anyway. Did u include player and staff match fees ? Cause I bet everybody not working for free as is US we dealing with.
so what change that we can afford to send 2 women teams up and down the hemisphere now ? We didn't need to play Canada, we playing USA, followed by a couple US colleges, would have been a good measure and learning experience. Anyway..something else happening.
What the men schedule like or dey have none ?
ok many questions get answered with time.  Smh

Add: except, wtfwtt y this would work..sometimes we to shame to say...been there done that..can't have yuh buljol and eat it too
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 05:36:28 AM by maxg »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warriors to blank Copa qualifier.
By Ashford Jackman (Newsday).

LESS THAN a fortnight since being voted in as president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA), David John-Williams has been confronted with his first major challenge.

Unsurprisingly money is the root of the problem which has plagued previous administrations.

A media release sent from national team captain Kenwyne Jones yesterday proclaimed the “entire team” were pulling out of a January qualifier for the 2016 Copa America — a decision that it said resulted from the TT FA’s failure to pay outstanding match fees.

The release, issued from KenwyneJonesMedia, stated: “We were promised months ago that a payment would be made to the boys after the last game (the World Cup Qualifier against USA in November).

To date, unfortunately that arrangement has not been honoured, and based on recent discussions with the TTFA, there is no indication as to when these financial matters will be settled.” Newsday understands the outstanding fees are for the two World Cup qualifiers against Guatemala and the US (on November 13 and 17 respectively) and a friendly against Nicaragua on October 13.

When contacted yesterday afternoon, John-Williams told Newsday he had not received any communication from Jones or any team representative about the decision.

He said he only knew of it “by the media houses calling me.” The man best known as the owner/ chairman of the very successful TT Pro League club W Connection (a post he relinquished on assuming the TTFA presidency) added that he had just one comment to make.

“The players were promised their match fees Friday after the World Cup qualifier against the USA, which was the 19th, and I came in to office two weeks after that, and when I came into office...

we were still collecting money from ticket outlets via post-dated cheques. You as the media deduce from that.” Williams explained that he did not want to appear as a president making unilateral decisions.

“I want to be consistent. That is my statement with regard to what has transpired. If I go beyond that, it would open up another can of worms, and Trinidad (and Tobago) football don’t need that right now.” The Soca Warriors are scheduled to play Haiti in a one-off qualifier for the South America championship which will be played in the US next year. The Copa América Centenario match is set for January 8, 2016, at the Estadio Rommel Fernandez in Panama City, Panama.

John-Williams told Newsday he could not say whether TT would face any sanctions if the national team failed to play the match.

It is not the first time Jones and teammates have threatened to boycott a match. In 2014, captain Jones led a proposed strike of the CFU Final against Jamaica over a $10 million wage dispute with the TT FA which was led by former president Raymond Tim Kee with Sheldon Phillips as his general secretary.

Yesterday’s release stated that Jones was speaking on behalf of his “distressed teammates.” “Of course, we want to play. We want to represent our country to the best of our abilities. We have a talented squad that is eager to give their all. But this is also our livelihood.

The conditions must change for our national athletes.

“The support that we’ve seen from supporters has only made the decision not to play even more difficult and disappointing for the team.” The release concluded that Jones and the other Senior Men’s team members are hopeful that a resolution will be swift and forthcoming.

“Above all else,” Jones added, “we never want to disappoint our fans, and we hope that they understand our decision.” David John-Williams, although concerned about the situation, urged the players to use protocol to resolve their problems.

“When the players approach me to deal with it, I will deal with it along with the board of the TTFA, which I think is the right way to do. I’m not going to be a president who, this is not a one man show.

The board is expected to meet next week, Wednesday 16th, at which we will deal with the matter.” While declining to make any pronouncement regarding the situation, John-Williams, however, did comment on the way it was handled.

“What is sad is that the players have not given (the TTFA) a c.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Contro gone clear blaming the govt for this one. TTFA ent even request money from the govt yet because the players ent even contact them.
DJW still ent even know where the stationary cabinet is... Allyuh hold facking tight nah.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
this is bullshit!!!!!!!  :banginghead: :banginghead: :banging head:

i think it's unfair for Jones and the teammates to start trying to get money NOW!!!!!   Trinidad is now rank 49 in the world and playing good football.. it was so hard to get the fans to come out and to support the team. the team manager should've discuss this matter to the president of TTFA regarding the funds. it going to be unfair for the younger players who will love the opportunity to play in the COPA America...

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile

i think it's unfair for Jones and the teammates to start trying to get money NOW!!!!!   Trinidad is now rank 49 in the world and playing good football.. it was so hard to get the fans to come out and to support the team. the team manager should've discuss this matter to the president of TTFA regarding the funds. it going to be unfair for the younger players who will love the opportunity to play in the COPA America...

dread they have apparently been owed for months ...... dat team been leavin it on d field for this country, is not like d WI team, whey yuh hadda tink hard to remember the last team of note dey beat.......let them try to get there monies.....remember d admin change too, dem probably feel it goh issues to get what due to dem from d new admin if dey doh act
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 08:37:46 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
I feel the timing is cause men need their money for the christmas. Hadda buy presents for the kids (and the WAGs) and groceries etc. Specifically the local based.

I think this is more a strategic move to put pressure on the TTFA with enough time for things to be resolved before the January game.

Harsh on the President so soon into his reign but at the end of the day, Latas and them should really hadda wait if the players being owed money as they are the ones who "selling the product" currently and would be the key to any future revenue coming in and as such are the most valuable commodity and should be treated as such. Both the male and female teams.

It have a few men on the side who play for Connection though so they would have history in terms of John-Williams and his treatment of players.I think that would have an impact on discussions and if the team willing to trust that he is working on it if he has to wait for a cabinet note or the kpmg accounts that he demanded be completed immediately.

You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Go to work for your Company for the next few months but don't collect your salary but you still have bills to pay Unfair .
Your friend ask you to help him paint his home or fix his roof and he will pay you a little money, job done and he don't pay you. Unfair
You get hurt helping your friend , he did not pay you and now you off your full time job because of the injury and your job let you go Unfair

Now tell me again how are the players unfair?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

The radio just reported that David John Williams said NO ONE from the senior team contacted him before releasing this statement.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

The radio just reported that David John Williams said NO ONE from the senior team contacted him before releasing this statement.
It was stated in the Jackman article ,that no player had contacted him or the ttff which was sad .
So basically someone from the team has to personally contact him to let him know to deal with it and he would start.So call him Guys .
Also there a board meeting next week on the 16th where it will be discussed .

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

It was stated in the Jackman article ,that no player had contacted him or the ttff which was sad .
So basically someone from the team has to personally contact him to let him know to deal with it and he would start.So call him Guys .

This is just stupid.  The point is that at least have a conversation and hear what the new administration is willing/able to do before yuh reach for the nuclear option of announcing strike, and via "Kenwyne Jones Media" at that.  That is not the proper way to do things.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile

This is just stupid.  The point is that at least have a conversation and hear what the new administration is willing/able to do before yuh reach for the nuclear option of announcing strike, and via "Kenwyne Jones Media" at that.  That is not the proper way to do things.

The players can counter and say it not the proper way to continuously put them in a position where they feel they always have to resort to this sort of action to get items that are due to them.

At the heart of the matter is a lack of TRUST.  And I don't blame the players at all for that.

Remember.....KJ was once a W Connection player and very well familiar with the new TTFA President
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Contro gone clear blaming the govt for this one. TTFA ent even request money from the govt yet because the players ent even contact them.
DJW still ent even know where the stationary cabinet is... Allyuh hold facking tight nah.

Hear nah Breds, I don't trust Djw, the radio nor the govt for that matter... Latas get money but the players get blank...

Hold tight for David to screw the players, Jones was a connection player before.. He know what that man gives..

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

The players can counter and say it not the proper way to continuously put them in a position where they feel they always have to resort to this sort of action to get items that are due to them.

At the heart of the matter is a lack of TRUST.  And I don't blame the players at all for that.

Remember.....KJ was once a W Connection player and very well familiar with the new TTFA President

Finally some sense is spoken...  :beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Hear nah I don't trust you, the radio or David John Williams for that matter...

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yeah they should have atleast called him , but they must have thought they would have just gotten a promise of payment .And like Spideybuff said its to close to Christmas to make any misteps , must have thought it wiser to go for the jugular .
And they have to awkwardly call him now because he's waiting before he does anything , .....to him , it seems, its just a rumour until he hears from them.
The meeting is on the 16th , that's a bit over a week before Christmas , so the check has to be cut by the 18th or we are gonna have some unhappy National Players.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Nobody is 'putting' them in any position, money tight and sometimes it runs slow.  The players are well-aware of this.  Money from the friendlies are still being accounted for, this is not unusual.  The Guatemala qualifier was only two months ago, payment isn't even late 60 days... is not 6 months we're talking here.  This is entirely premature given that they didn't even see fit to reach out to find out what could be done about the past-due arrears.

Yeah they should have atleast called him , but they must have thought they would have just gotten a promise of payment .And like Spideybuff said its to close to Christmas to make any misteps , must have thought it wiser to go for the jugular .
And they have to awkwardly call him now because he's waiting before he does anything , .....to him , it seems, its just a rumour until he hears from them.
The meeting is on the 16th , that's a bit over a week before Christmas , so the check has to be cut by the 18th or we are gonna have some unhappy National Players.

Where are you getting that from?  He never said they must first call him before he will do anything.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warriors to blank Copa qualifier.
By Ashford Jackman (Newsday).

LESS THAN a fortnight since being voted in as president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA), David John-Williams has been confronted with his first major challenge.

Unsurprisingly money is the root of the problem which has plagued previous administrations.

A media release sent from national team captain Kenwyne Jones yesterday proclaimed the “entire team” were pulling out of a January qualifier for the 2016 Copa America — a decision that it said resulted from the TT FA’s failure to pay outstanding match fees.

The release, issued from KenwyneJonesMedia, stated: “We were promised months ago that a payment would be made to the boys after the last game (the World Cup Qualifier against USA in November).

To date, unfortunately that arrangement has not been honoured, and based on recent discussions with the TTFA, there is no indication as to when these financial matters will be settled.” Newsday understands the outstanding fees are for the two World Cup qualifiers against Guatemala and the US (on November 13 and 17 respectively) and a friendly against Nicaragua on October 13.

When contacted yesterday afternoon, John-Williams told Newsday he had not received any communication from Jones or any team representative about the decision.

He said he only knew of it “by the media houses calling me.” The man best known as the owner/ chairman of the very successful TT Pro League club W Connection (a post he relinquished on assuming the TTFA presidency) added that he had just one comment to make.

“The players were promised their match fees Friday after the World Cup qualifier against the USA, which was the 19th, and I came in to office two weeks after that, and when I came into office...

we were still collecting money from ticket outlets via post-dated cheques. You as the media deduce from that.” Williams explained that he did not want to appear as a president making unilateral decisions.

“I want to be consistent. That is my statement with regard to what has transpired. If I go beyond that, it would open up another can of worms, and Trinidad (and Tobago) football don’t need that right now.” The Soca Warriors are scheduled to play Haiti in a one-off qualifier for the South America championship which will be played in the US next year. The Copa América Centenario match is set for January 8, 2016, at the Estadio Rommel Fernandez in Panama City, Panama.

John-Williams told Newsday he could not say whether TT would face any sanctions if the national team failed to play the match.

It is not the first time Jones and teammates have threatened to boycott a match. In 2014, captain Jones led a proposed strike of the CFU Final against Jamaica over a $10 million wage dispute with the TT FA which was led by former president Raymond Tim Kee with Sheldon Phillips as his general secretary.

Yesterday’s release stated that Jones was speaking on behalf of his “distressed teammates.” “Of course, we want to play. We want to represent our country to the best of our abilities. We have a talented squad that is eager to give their all. But this is also our livelihood.

The conditions must change for our national athletes.

“The support that we’ve seen from supporters has only made the decision not to play even more difficult and disappointing for the team.” The release concluded that Jones and the other Senior Men’s team members are hopeful that a resolution will be swift and forthcoming.

“Above all else,” Jones added, “we never want to disappoint our fans, and we hope that they understand our decision.” David John-Williams, although concerned about the situation, urged the players to use protocol to resolve their problems.

When the players approach me to deal with it, I will deal with it along with the board of the TTFA, which I think is the right way to do. I’m not going to be a president who, this is not a one man show.

The board is expected to meet next week, Wednesday 16th, at which we will deal with the matter.” While declining to make any pronouncement regarding the situation, John-Williams, however, did comment on the way it was handled.

“What is sad is that the players have not given (the TTFA) a c.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Your right he didn't say call now , only that they should have called,  but that's what I  got from it , besides Kenwyne is in Wales so he has to call , unless somebody else go meet the man.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 12:30:17 PM by Quags »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Nobody is 'putting' them in any position, money tight and sometimes it runs slow. 

With all respect, tell that to your or anyone's employees and see what happens.

I don't think the players out to bankrupt T&T football.  And if by some chance they are, they've been given a perfect example of what to do from administrators.

I reiterate....there is a lack of TRUST.  Jack was there for eons. Tim Kee come in.  Same khaki pants.  Williams come now....a KNOWN entity....and you think players expect any different than what went before?

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>