March 28, 2024, 06:21:52 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Haiti Copa Game (08-Jan-2016)  (Read 58552 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Too late. But elegant pivot for a supertanker.

Either your eyesight or your comprehension failing you, my position has been consistent all along, and that is that the players acted unreasonably. Never did it rise to the level of criticism.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
...no pay ..no play..

win wid playweh...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Too late. But elegant pivot for a supertanker.

Either your eyesight or your comprehension failing you, my position has been consistent all along, and that is that the players acted unreasonably. Never did it rise to the level of criticism.

Ah eh go deny yuh the narrow, albeit tenuous, refuge yuh trying to locate between "critical" and "criticize". Rest easy.

However, in fairness, I am certain I somewhat conflated your vehement reaction to the women's alleged pre-match match fee protest ... with your comments regarding the MNT's stance on the Copa playoff.

Nonetheless, nuance is not paying the players. Moreover, nuance is only appreciated from a position of comfort. Ah man who eh getting paid eh seeing your 'unreasonable' as much other than second-guessing criticism.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
After all those years of trying to get rid of Jack , if now another uncompromising ahole get to be president and disband this team for their own paycheck I might be finish with not only TnT football but TnT sports beside track I.e on the whole .
It just doesn't seem to have proper caretakers down there.
The same thing happened in cricket ,Deryk Murray created a new legacy and he was promptly overtrown by Bassarath and his group , in the following 5 years not one  of the up and coming kids at the time have taken the next step , besides Evin Lewis and he never played for WI .
And that was a golden class.
Just poor management. I eint got no time for that I got my own kids to train.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 07:14:31 AM by Quags »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warriors to be paid after TTFA board meeting.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

A decision by new president David John-Williams to allow the board of directors to sit on the matter of the payments of match fees to players for the Guatemala and USA World Cup Qualifiers may have been responsible for the players’ strike.

At least so said national team manager Williams Wallace yesterday.

The players, through a statement from their captain Kenwyne Jones last week, threatened to withdraw their services for the Copa America play-off with Haiti in Panama City in January if outstanding monies are not paid. But Wallace said yesterday that he has been keeping the players abreast of the situation, claiming they agreed initially that the association could not pay for the friendly encounter with Nicaragua at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, on October 13, but would have paid them for the Guatemala and USA matches, which they agreed to. 

The players were to be paid from gate receipts from the USA/T&T match at the stadium, which according to former president of the football association Raymond Tim Kee, was expected to generate approximately $2 million. But to date football association officials are still attempting to collect monies from the ticket outlets, some three weeks after.

Other setbacks include the delivery of a post-dated cheque by a well-known ticket outlet which has confused the association, as well as changes in the signatories at the T&TFA which resulted from the change in administration.

Wallace said this information was communicated to the players. He said when told that the board of directors would have to sit on the issue before payments could be made, the players decided to take action. “They see it as a deliberate attempt to delay the payment,” Wallace said. In the past the involvement of the board of directors on payment of match fees was a no-no.”

The board is expected to meet on Wednesday to address this issue following which cheques will be sent to the players’ accounts. Wallace has given the players the assurance that the monies will be paid and added that he is optimistic that a resolution will be met after the board meeting. He also sought to clear the air on payments owed to the players, saying no monies were owed to the players for the Concacaf Gold Cup but rather for the USA and Guatemala matches.

In a release last week, John-Williams gave the assurance that his association was committed to paying the players. However he expressed concern at the way things were done by the previous administration and questioned why monies from ticket outlets had not yet been collected.

John-Williams said he knew that a promised was made to pay the players on November 19 by the association but that was before he took office. The Guardian later tried to contact John-Williams about the involvement of the board of directors in the payments but calls to his cell phone went unanswered.

Meanwhile national coach Stephen Hart, who had to whisk back home to Canada due to an emergency, said yesterday that he has been in touch with the players about the issue but made it clear he could not tell the players what to do. He said further that the players did not want him involved. Asked if he had been paid, Hart said no.

“I have spoken with John-Williams about my payment and other matters and by Wednesday I will know more about it,” Hart said. It is understood that none of the staff has been paid. 

In an earlier report, former president Raymond Tim Kee said a gentleman’s agreement was made with the players to be paid from the November 17 game against the USA. He said this was normal.

He said when he took office, he met that system. “Because of our debt, we could not offer the players signed contracts since there was no guarantee of payments afterwards, and therefore that could have led to lawsuits,” Tim Kee explained.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Well done Jones & company.
Expecting trust to get better slowly with DJW
Cyah be worse than it was
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Well done Jones & company.
Expecting trust to get better slowly with DJW
Cyah be worse than it was

Always remember we is the land of the limbo low is very low
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
This fosters well! Kudos to the new ttfa...and great job again warriors!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
It's kind of backwards that the TTFA has to go collect funds. Infact let me make a suggestion. For ticket sales have all the vendors purchase a license or a package of tickets so the funds are instantly collected. In other words sell the tickets to the vendors instead of distributing them and collecting the funds after. The tickets that were not sold can then be returned to TTFA for a full refund.

This kinda backward thing is so inconvenient and gives the TTFA more work to go around collecting funds from stores when the owner is out or in hiding.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
It's kind of backwards that the TTFA has to go collect funds. Infact let me make a suggestion. For ticket sales have all the vendors purchase a license or a package of tickets so the funds are instantly collected. In other words sell the tickets to the vendors instead of distributing them and collecting the funds after. The tickets that were not sold can then be returned to TTFA for a full refund.

This kinda backward thing is so inconvenient and gives the TTFA more work to go around collecting funds from stores when the owner is out or in hiding.

They still selling tickets like it is for a fete? Whats the arrangement, sell 4 keep 1? It makes more business sense to strike licensing deals. That's the way to go..

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Players say new president insensitive.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

Angry Warriors

Recently elected president of the T&T Football Association (TTFA)  David John-Williams has come in for some blows from angry members of the Soca Warriors, who have described him as insensitive.

The players have threatened to withhold their services for the upcoming 2016 Copa America Qualifier against Haiti in Panama City, Panama in January until they are paid monies owed to them for the Gold Cup; an International Friendly with Nicaragua and World Cup Qualifiers against Guatemala and  the USA.

In response to that decision, John-Williams said players received salaries from their clubs while all costs incurred when representing the national team, such as flight, accommodation, meals and sundry expenses were being met by the T&TFA.

The statements have infuriated the players who feel that John-Williams was out of place.

The players, who did not want to be named for fear of victimisation, also took offence to calls by John-Williams for a policy document on players entitlement to match fees, which he described as a serious oversight. The embattled president expressed concerns, saying  “It appears that match fees are not a function of experience, number of appearances at national level, time on the field or category of staff.”

One member explained that the players all want to be paid the same fees. “When we are on the field and a player is in the area with a clear shot at goal, no-one studies if he has been on the field for five or 10 minutes, neither do we wonder about his experience or how many caps he has. All we care about is scoring the goal for our country.”

They are also questioning the necessity for a board of directors meeting to address the issue of the payments. The meeting will be held tomorrow at the TTFA’s office. TTFA officials say the board will determine how much match fees will be paid to each individual.

The players have said that the new president knew what he was getting into when he campaigned for the position of president. “We know the Association has money because we were asked to fill the stadium the day before the Guatemala encounter for us to be paid and that is what happened.

We want to be paid before the expenses are taken care of because these fees can be covered when the TTFA gets funding from corporate T&T,” said one senior member. He added: “The new president came into office promising to get investors so now is the time to do so.”

They are sending a warning that although the players want to represent their country, they are taking a stance at the Haiti match, but they explained that if the matter is not resolved soon, they will look at other means.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
David John Williams making Tim Kee look like a king now.

Allyuh watch this fool kill we football slowly and surely.

Why fix something if its not broken?

The players happy with getting de same pay and it working for them, leave it alone, just pay de players.

I thought, they got paid for the gold cup?, ent Tim Kee said he paid them for the Gold Cup games?

This is real shit.

Allyuh watch and see, not even two week on de job and already is commess.

St Lucian Connection go play Haiti next month.

It good for we, they voted for a mad man.

Jan Williams know him very well.

They know he spiteful to.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Footballers, put country before self
« Reply #162 on: December 15, 2015, 05:39:52 AM »
Footballers, put country before self
T&T Guardian

I am T&T’s greatest football fan. I passed for football college, Naparima.

I still have in my possession a 1989 Strike Squad jersey and a 1999 replica when Dwight Yorke won the treble with Man U. My allegiance to T&T football can never ever be questioned.

Our decision to opt out of our next international against Haiti on January 8, 2016 is unfortunate and needs to be reconsidered.

Firstly, DJ Williams has now assumed office, congrats to him. He cannot be held responsible and accountable for the past. Do not convict him for the sins others committed in the past. Let us look foward with anticipation and hard work.

Williams’ function is to secure and ensure a bright future for T&T football. I wish him well.

To represent T&T is an honour. Many wish they had that privilege.

Gents, we have a great squad, the more we play the better for us. I know you were promised payment but sometimes in life things happen in extra time.

Look at the price of oil on which our economy is solely dependent. Who are you going to blame? The poor planners?

Let us face it, none of you are hand to mouth. Do not sell yourselves short.

What is the cost to represent T&T? Look at the national support you now enjoy. Supporters travel from Toco and Mayaro to see you play. Such is our love for the game. Please do not deny us that right.

Gents, let us not wash our soiled shorts in the public. The T&T emblem on the front on the jersey is greater than the name on the back.

Together everyone achieves more. Sport unites all.

Come on gents, put country before self. Winning is the only thing.

Russia, ready or not, here we come!

AV Rampersad,
Princes Town
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline pops

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Sam that's a very ignorant statement. First of all why are you letting your personal dislike for John Williams cloud how you judge the new man in charge of football. It's like a Republican disliking Obama from the very start and never praising him independent of what he does. But moving on, what has John Williams done wrong. A structured match fee system is standard throughout the world. Starting 11's get more money, a win is more money than a lost. That is how it is all over the world, and how it should be. The previous TTFA administration was disorganized and understandably disliked by the players. If you were contented with that it just shows how you are both prepared to settle and satisfied with mediocrity. I wish John Williams well even thought I wanted someone else to be the new TTFA president, but I see nothing wrong with what he has suggested. Structuring our match fee system is must and the previous administration have failed badly with paying staff and players. It was under Tim Kee the USA game was played. Where are the match fees and the sponsorship fees from that encounter? I applaud John Williams and all other candidates for stepping up to the plate to try to fix the mess the former administration caused. The funniest line of what you wrote was "Why fix something if it is not broken?" for a man that comes to the site everyday that is so so sad for you to type. Not broken?? Football administration in Trinidad and Tobago, has been embarrassing to say the least.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Sam that's a very ignorant statement. First of all why are you letting your personal dislike for John Williams cloud how you judge the new man in charge of football. It's like a Republican disliking Obama from the very start and never praising him independent of what he does. But moving on, what has John Williams done wrong. A structured match fee system is standard throughout the world. Starting 11's get more money, a win is more money than a lost. That is how it is all over the world, and how it should be. The previous TTFA administration was disorganized and understandably disliked by the players. If you were contented with that it just shows how you are both prepared to settle and satisfied with mediocrity. I wish John Williams well even thought I wanted someone else to be the new TTFA president, but I see nothing wrong with what he has suggested. Structuring our match fee system is must and the previous administration have failed badly with paying staff and players. It was under Tim Kee the USA game was played. Where are the match fees and the sponsorship fees from that encounter? I applaud John Williams and all other candidates for stepping up to the plate to try to fix the mess the former administration caused. The funniest line of what you wrote was "Why fix something if it is not broken?" for a man that comes to the site everyday that is so so sad for you to type. Not broken?? Football administration in Trinidad and Tobago, has been embarrassing to say the least.
:beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile

Pops, I hear yuh.

DJW have nothing to do with players not getting they pay for past games under Tim Kee.

But he is here now, he knows what he was getting into, why this have to reach this far?

Pay the guys and the ladies, first thing he should do, because this negative news will affect sponsors.

The players dont trust him, he need to call a meeting and clear somethings up.

And I was talking about not broken as far as PAY SCALE goes, de players was happy with it, it seem so?

A pay structure is a good idea, but now you have a man getting,,, leh we say 800 US a game and now because he only played 10 games for T&T, he drop down to 200, how yuh think de man go feel?

If de structure is a good one, then yea, maybe it might work.

But you can tell from de article, de players not happy about it because they know DJW very well, he go pinch every dime and under pay them.

Look, ah hope de man prove me wrong, he really cant be worst than Tim Kee.

We go see.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 06:57:28 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
The report in the Newsday concerns me greatly. 

I can see some players fighting down progress.  We need a payment structure.  A clear policy with clear guidelines so as to prevent any ambiguity.  The players want respect and for their livelihood to be treated like a profession, but dont want to be paid based on their experience. 

In many other sports, the payment structure is based on caps and performance bonuses. 

Dammed if you do and dammed if you dont. 

Sam, your post is a horrible one.  If it aint broken? dont fix it? If it wasnt broken, then why are these problems happening?  You want "word of mouth" agreements to continue in this day and age?

We need everyone to sit down and come up with a structure that benefits all parties.  That player who made that statement cannot be serious.  Lets wait and see what the proposals are before we carry on with uninformed opinions. 

Also, your constant St Lucia reference is getting old, give DJW a chance nah.

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
it was clear to me that Sam was talking about the pay structure (more for players with more caps etc) being the 'not broken' thing. I with the unnamed player - I think the one thing this team have going for it is togetherness, equality, respect for each other (even men off the bench step up and trusted as equal) and I don't think some graduated pay structure would help that. If anybody get a chance to interview Hart ask him his opinion please.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
it was clear to me that Sam was talking about the pay structure (more for players with more caps etc) being the 'not broken' thing. I with the unnamed player - I think the one thing this team have going for it is togetherness, equality, respect for each other (even men off the bench step up and trusted as equal) and I don't think some graduated pay structure would help that. If anybody get a chance to interview Hart ask him his opinion please.

Yuh right, but that shouldn't be a consideration.  Just because the players comfortable with the status quo doesn't mean the status quo doesn't need to be changed.  As has been pointed out, this is the international standard.  This was recently sent to me by someone who knows a great deal more than everyone of us here when it comes to football:

England players match fees/Bonuses:

English FA has installed a match fee and competition winning bonus system to
compensate players in the national team setup. English FA usually pay England players around

1. £1500 for winning a match qualifier/friendlies

2. £1000 for a draw

3. £500 for a defeat.

While for competition likes World Cup and Euro Championship basic match fees goes up plus a certain bonus for every player incase England wins the competition. For example during 2014 FIFA World Cup English FA paid £2,500 for every match a player started the game while rest of the squad pocketed £1,500 for every game regardless of playing in the game or not. Plus there was a hefty bonus (£650,000) for each squad member if England were to win the world cup.

This article also discusses the issue in some detail.

The simple point is that from a business standpoint it makes sense to have a graduated compensation structure rather than a flat one.  No business pays all of its employees the same, even when they're doing the 'same' job.  Experience and expertise are factored into the equation.  We keep clamoring for the TTFA to be governed by sound principles... that we want it "run like a business"... but then we complain when steps are taken in that direction.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Here is how the US does it:

Under the CBA signed in 2011, U.S. players’ income from friendlies depends on the result of the game (win, tie or loss) and the quality of the opponent (FIFA top 10 plus Mexico, FIFA top 11 thru 25, or below No. 25 in the FIFA rankings). For any type of friendly loss, each player on the gameday roster receives $4,000 in this quadrennium and $5,000 in the next quadrennium.

Friendly ties against a team ranked in the FIFA top 10 and Mexico bring $6,500 per player, while any other tie brings $5,000.

Friendly wins herald compensation of $14,100 per player (for victories against the FIFA top 10 and Mexico) instead of the $4,000 for a loss; $10,000 (against FIFA No. 11 thru No. 25 teams); and $7,500 (against teams ranked below No. 25). With Azerbaijan, Turkey and Nigeria all ranked lower than No. 25 in the current FIFA rankings, players on the U.S. gameday roster for each of those games will receive $4,000 for a loss, $5,000 for a tie and $7,500 for a win.

Players who are in camp but don’t make the gameday roster earn $1,500 per friendly.

READ How much is a roster spot worth for U.S. players in Brazil? for more details.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sam doh like me I doh like Sam but Sam is talking the truth.

Allyuh voted for the most self centered person to be in charge...something is wrong wid Trinidad people...

I am saying it again...John Wlliams will get rid of Hart by making him very uncomfortable...then he will put his man to run things and then open the doors for capping W Connection players..

All de Naps people feel John Williams is a God ...de man looks only after his own interests....right now the National Team is his interest...

Since when a wicked man like John Williams suddenly decides to give up making profit for doing yeoman service to his country...how could a viper be viper in the morning and something other than a viper in the evening?

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Who are these board members that JDW meeting tomorrow , if any body know plz.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Allyuh voted for the most self centered person to be in charge...something is wrong wid Trinidad people...

I am saying it again...John Wlliams will get rid of Hart by making him very uncomfortable...then he will put his man to run things and then open the doors for capping W Connection players..

All de Naps people feel John Williams is a God ...de man looks only after his own interests....right now the National Team is his interest...

Since when a wicked man like John Williams suddenly decides to give up making profit for doing yeoman service to his country...how could a viper be viper in the morning and something other than a viper in the evening?

Coache...  I saw this coming.  I held my tongue and hoped for the best.  Bottom line our football have to much bad mind in it and very little common sense.  To me there was nothing wrong with Tim Kee's record.  The football had it's challenges but was on the up.  At least the players felt the situation was workable.  Just from hearing him talk you could tell this fella to eager and have to much leadership struggles. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Coache...  I saw this coming.  I held my tongue and hoped for the best.  Bottom line our football have to much bad mind in it and very little common sense.  To me there was nothing wrong with Tim Kee's record.  The football had it's challenges but was on the up.  At least the players felt the situation was workable.  Just from hearing him talk you could tell this fella to eager and have to much leadership struggles. 

I warned men about Tim kee and I believe this man is worse... David John Williams cannot be trusted... He will not benefit our football

When he was elected, it was a sad day for Trinidad and Tobago football, I would have rather Tim kee, the man I'm not fond of to stay instead..

Imagine not even 2 weeks David in the office and the players call a strike... Let's see if David resolve the issue and allow Hart and the team to play the copa..

If he doesn't resolve, it's because he has an ulterior motive and an agenda, a selfish one at that..

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Easy Contro, easy ... Doh panic.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I warned men about Tim kee and I believe this man is worse... David John Williams cannot be trusted... He will not benefit our football

When he was elected, it was a sad day for Trinidad and Tobago football, I would have rather Tim kee, the man I'm not fond of to stay instead..

Imagine not even 2 weeks David in the office and the players call a strike... Let's see if David resolve the issue and allow Hart and the team to play the copa..

If he doesn't resolve, it's because he has an ulterior motive and an agenda, a selfish one at that..

Contro imagine you gone and do a wuk by a man house and when it's time to pay he's upset with you because he knows of other monies you get for doing a job for someone else, which is none of his business.   :frustrated:  Can't deal with the shame. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Angry Soca Warrior players call David John Williams Insensitive
« Reply #176 on: December 16, 2015, 01:02:02 AM »
Angry Warriors...

By Walter Alibey

Recently elected president of the T&T Football Association (TTFA)  David John-Williams has come in for some blows from angry members of the Soca Warriors, who have described him as insensitive.

The players have threatened to withhold their services for the upcoming 2016 Copa America Qualifier against Haiti in Panama City, Panama in January until they are paid monies owed to them for the Gold Cup; an International Friendly with Nicaragua and World Cup Qualifiers against Guatemala and  the USA.

In response to that decision, John-Williams said players received salaries from their clubs while all costs incurred when representing the national team, such as flight, accommodation, meals and sundry expenses were being met by the T&TFA.

The statements have infuriated the players who feel that John-Williams was out of place.

The players, who did not want to be named for fear of victimisation, also took offence to calls by John-Williams for a policy document on players entitlement to match fees, which he described as a serious oversight. The embattled president expressed concerns, saying  “It appears that match fees are not a function of experience, number of appearances at national level, time on the field or category of staff.”

One member explained that the players all want to be paid the same fees. “When we are on the field and a player is in the area with a clear shot at goal, no-one studies if he has been on the field for five or 10 minutes, neither do we wonder about his experience or how many caps he has. All we care about is scoring the goal for our country.”

They are also questioning the necessity for a board of directors meeting to address the issue of the payments. The meeting will be held tomorrow at the TTFA’s office. TTFA officials say the board will determine how much match fees will be paid to each individual.

The players have said that the new president knew what he was getting into when he campaigned for the position of president. “We know the Association has money because we were asked to fill the stadium the day before the Guatemala encounter for us to be paid and that is what happened.

We want to be paid before the expenses are taken care of because these fees can be covered when the TTFA gets funding from corporate T&T,” said one senior member. He added: “The new president came into office promising to get investors so now is the time to do so.”

They are sending a warning that although the players want to represent their country, they are taking a stance at the Haiti match, but they explained that if the matter is not resolved soon, they will look at other means.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2015-12-15/angry-warriors

So said, so done... I warned people on the board about this man and what he would do... He is already creating tension with the senior players and disrupting the senior program with his own selfish ambitions...

David John Williams needs to be removed immediately ... His next move since we are ranked under 50 is to replace Hart and the players, so that he can get the transfers for his players and have his daughter pocket the money, using the national team a springboard for connection.. Some men real blind ...

I warned the idiots on here about him, but people's heads are too hard...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 01:14:38 AM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Easy Contro, easy ... Doh panic.

Boss did you see the new article printed in the guardian about an hour ago?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Contro imagine you gone and do a wuk by a man house and when it's time to pay he's upset with you because he knows of other monies you get for doing a job for someone else, which is none of his business.   :frustrated:  Can't deal with the shame. 

Family the Trinidad Guardian just posted an article on David John creating a feud with the players... This is setting up his takeover and removing hart and replacing the players with connection players

Here the height of the scheme now, since we are under 50 in the Fifa rankings, he will use the national team as a spring board for his players and get his daughter to collect the money for him with transfers and so forth..

David John Williams was neve about national football, he's about himself .. You can't trust him

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
TTFA Board to discuss players’ strike today.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

THE TRINIDAD and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) Board of Directors are expected to meet today, at the TTFA offices, located at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo, to discuss the current player strike issue.

On Thursday, the national squad, via a media release sent by captain Kenwyne Jones, expressed their desire to skip the forthcoming Copa America Centenario qualifying play-offs, which will take place in Panama City, Panama on January 8, until their outstanding match fees were paid.

And team vice-captain Jan-Michael Williams, in a brief telephone interview yesterday, pointed out, “it was agreed for the guys not to say anything, no response until we see what’s going on.” Concerning today’s meeting, Williams noted, “we have a lot of things that we need in terms of the national (men’s) team (which) we have outlined in the press release that we sent. We’re just waiting until we see where they’re heading in terms of everything that we’ve outlined.” However, the TTFA is yet to withdraw the national men’s football team from participating in the Copa America Centenario qualifying play-offs.

David John-Williams, president of the TTFA, noted in a telephone interview that “I haven’t had any such questions” regarding if the TTFA has officially pulled out from the Copa America qualifiers.

Trinidad and Tobago are scheduled to face Haiti in one of two matches on the day, at the aforementioned venue, with hosts Panama due to meet Cuba in the other contest. The winners of both games will advance to the 16-team Copa America Centenario, which will be staged in the United States from June 3-26.

Referring to a media release issued by the TTFA on Friday evening, John-Williams pointed out, that is as much as we will say with regards to that matter until we have something further to put out. The matter has been ventilated in the public already and that is as much as we will say at this time. Until we have something further to say, it remains that way.”

John-Williams went on to state, “the players said they’re not playing until they get paid so you never know what could work out between now and then. If the players get paid in the morning, I guess the strike is off. If they come and get paid on the 27th, I guess the strike is off. That’s as much as we can say at this point in time.”

Asked if the Ministry of Sport, the Sport Company of Trinidad and Tobago (SPoRTT ) or corporate sponsors will help offset the payment to the national men’s team, John-Williams replied, “I cannot say anything on that matter until something happens. The Board meets on Wednesday (today). If we have anything coming out of that Board meeting, we’ll certainly let (the public) know. If nothing comes out, I would certainly let (it be known) also.”

The Board of Directors comprises Samuel Saunders, Sherwin Dyer, Richard Quan Chan, Karanjabari Williams, Anthony Moore, Joseph Taylor, Dexter Skeene and Sharon O’Brien.

1]; } ?>