March 29, 2024, 05:50:30 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Haiti Copa Game (08-Jan-2016)  (Read 58604 times)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Haiti Copa Game (08-Jan-2016)
« Reply #270 on: January 03, 2016, 08:01:52 AM »
Justin Hoyte has been ruled out after suffering a hamstring with his club Dagenham and Redbridge.

Damn!  >:(

Last month was the player boycott.. Last week was a shooting. This week is an injury.. This team might need a bush bath. I'm sure the    "Haitians" won't hesitate to take theirs.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 03, 2016, 11:00:33 PM »
What time is this game on Fri? EST
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 02:02:29 PM by soccerman »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 04, 2016, 06:23:46 AM »
Williams
Mekeil
Mitchell
Abu Bakr
Cyrus
Jones
Hyland
George
Boucaud
Glenn
Cato

We have to get in on the attack and control the game from the earlies.

Haiti is a good team who love to run and get behind defenders but they terrible in front of goal.

This is why we need to punch a few goals in early and lock up de game, we cannot go into de game with a Jose Mourinho mentality and park de buss and chase de game or score one goal early and defend for 85 mins.

Cato can play as a right winger/attacker leaving Glenn alone upfront at times.

Jaggy, Mustivar, Maurice, Thurière, Belfort, Alexandre  and Lafrance is some decent players.

Jaggy is a good winger who does run forward and not fraid to shoot.

Alexandre and Thurière is solid to.

If Hart could fix Jomal head, he will be a good addition to this squad.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 04, 2016, 10:02:41 AM »
From what I seen, those players are okay Sam. Haiti's top players are missing: Johnny Placide, Jeff Louis, Reginal Goreux, Wilde Guerrier, Jean Jaques Pierre and Romaine Genevois. They all play first team football for decent teams in Europe.

With the services of those players, Haiti played well against Costa Rica despite losing 1-0 in San Jose. Marc Collat replaced 3 of them for their game against Jamaica and Haiti lost 1-0 at home. This tells us that those players are crucial for Haiti. Haiti's team for this copa qualifier is half A-team and half B-team. If they had their A-team, we would definitely need Jones, Bateau and Molino. This does not mean we should take them lightly. With their new coach (who does not know much about the players and team chemistry), my guess is that he will encourage the team to be very offensive.

The average height of that starting back line yuh have is about 6"3. I dont think the Haitian front line has the strength and size to burst through that defense (Nazon is quick and crafty, so we will need to shut him down). Their wingers like to run and move the ball up on the sides. This is where I agree with you that Cyrus should play right back.

Last night I watch the recap of the game we played against them before the Gold cup. Our one-touch plays had them scrambling. About 5 of the missing players I mentioned were on the field for that game and we managed to squeeze a 1-0 result over them.

I think we will be okay once our midfield takes control of the game from early.

One last thing, the Haitians are in a goal keeping crisis. The team does not have much faith in their 2nd goal keeper (Ceus). And the other guy they have is not that much better. I hope Bravehart tells the team to test their goalies. As both goalies are prone to making easy mistakes.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 10:31:05 AM by gawd on pitch »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 04, 2016, 10:29:25 AM »
I like Cato in the front. He will run at the Haitian keeper. This will leave the keeper unsettled and open to mistakes.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 04, 2016, 11:25:11 AM »
From what we have seen in the past, I doubt very much that Mr. hart will allow the team into a false sense of security for such a crucial game. That first in Panama is it. We win and we in the Copa. That is all that matters.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 04, 2016, 11:48:33 AM »
From what we have seen in the past, I doubt very much that Mr. hart will allow the team into a false sense of security for such a crucial game. That first in Panama is it. We win and we in the Copa. That is all that matters.

You mean in regards to Haiti missing more key players than us? If so, I agree. Bravehart aint going to let them think this is an easy game. He  has done an excellent job with preparing the team mentally. And I'm sure he will continue to do so.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #277 on: January 04, 2016, 01:44:12 PM »
Who's showing the game.....

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 04, 2016, 02:10:01 PM »
After some research I found that the game is (20:36) UTC which is 3:36PM EST or 4:36PM TT. I'll wait for official confirmation though.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 04, 2016, 02:20:09 PM »
Who's showing the game.....

Univision is showing a tape replay at 1030 after the Panama v Cuba game. Haven't found anything as yet. I hope we can watch this live.. It will be hell to try and avoid the score while waiting for the 1030 game.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 04, 2016, 02:44:21 PM »
Are you guys sure Haiti is coming with a weaken team? I read on another forum that only  Réginal Goreux  will be missing.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 04, 2016, 03:16:01 PM »
After some research I found that the game is (20:36) UTC which is 3:36PM EST or 4:36PM TT. I'll wait for official confirmation though.

Looks like we play at 5:36pm EST. Currently, Panama time and EST are the same.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gjUgQ2PY0TM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gjUgQ2PY0TM</a>

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 04, 2016, 04:09:05 PM »
Thanks Tallman. I'll go with your details because I found the game time on Wikipedia but sometimes it's not an accurate source.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_Am%C3%A9rica_Centenario_qualifying_play-offs

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 04, 2016, 06:03:49 PM »
Are you guys sure Haiti is coming with a weaken team? I read on another forum that only  Réginal Goreux  will be missing.

Check my previous posts Che. They missing about 6 key guys. Still there is no need for us to take this game lightly. Here is a reliable source confirming their 23 selection:

http://haititempo.com/barrage-copa-america-haiti-les-selectionnes-sont-connus/

Missing:

Johnny Placide -Reims (Ligue 1 France)
Jean Jacque Pierre - Paris Fc (Ligue 2 France)
Jean Sony Alcenat- Steau Bucharest  (Liga 1 Romanian top division)
Reginal Goreaux - Standard Liege 1 (belgian pro league top division)
Romain Genevois - Nice (Ligue 1 France)
Donald  Guerrier - Wilsa Krakow (Ekstraklasa Polish top division)
Jeff Louis - Caen (Ligue 1 France top division)
Duckens Nazon Laval (Ligue 2 France)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 10:34:06 AM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #284 on: January 05, 2016, 09:14:26 AM »
Game might be live here?
http://somoslasele.com/

Click on EN VIVO

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: January 05, 2016, 10:23:30 AM »
Game might be live here?
http://somoslasele.com/

Click on EN VIVO

Thanks Flex. I was worried that I would have to avoid seeing the score so I could watch the game on Univision at 10:30pm est.

On another note, there is news that Duckens Nazon has not been released by his club and wont be playing in the Copa playoff game. Huge blow for the Haitians. Still we should not take this lightly.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 05, 2016, 10:36:16 AM »
Its confirmed. Duckens Nazon joins the list of Haiti's missing players for the Copa qualifier.

https://www.facebook.com/Haititempo/posts/953727611374071

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 05, 2016, 05:52:37 PM »
Duckens Nazon

Good ting he wasn't a batsman
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #288 on: January 06, 2016, 07:02:07 AM »
Its confirmed. Duckens Nazon joins the list of Haiti's missing players for the Copa qualifier.

Yeah, it is a bummer for us. But, not having Placide is what troubles us the most. Haiti does have a secret weapon, though. The pair Sony - Wedson can be quite dangerous if Haiti controls the midfield.

As we're approaching match day, there may be additional viewing options posted here. Haiti Sports Forum
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 07:16:15 AM by Toussaint »
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #289 on: January 06, 2016, 07:29:11 AM »

It is a weaker defense for sure but offensively Haiti still packs a punch.

Most Haitians consider Tiga a better right back than Goreux. So, it s not the absence of Goreux that hurt us but that of Tiga (Jean Sony Alcenat).

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 06, 2016, 07:58:02 AM »
Look out for the man who will replace Nazon. He scored twice on T&T the last time  in the gold cup..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2l1WuEMYkw

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #291 on: January 06, 2016, 09:39:09 AM »

Yeah, it is a bummer for us. But, not having Placide is what troubles us the most. Haiti does have a secret weapon, though. The pair Sony - Wedson can be quite dangerous if Haiti controls the midfield.

As we're approaching match day, there may be additional viewing options posted here. Haiti Sports Forum

Thanks  :beermug:

Can you post the links when you get them here...

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 06, 2016, 09:44:35 AM »
Look out for the man who will replace Nazon. He scored twice on T&T the last time  in the gold cup..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2l1WuEMYkw

I remember Maurice. He is a good player. 2 1/2 years ago he was playing regular top league football in France. He has kind of fallen off since.. I believe he is playing somewhere in the Cypriot league . So certainly a few steps below the level he was playing when he played against us. Still not the same player of 3 years ago. But can be a threat.

Our defence consists of some big strong youthful guys who never played in the 2013 game (with the exception of Mitchell and David) Maurice at 5"11 will find it difficult to break through Williams 6"2, Abu Bakr 6"4, Mitchell 6"2, David 6"3 Cyrus 6"4, Marshal 6"0.

We're lacking in the front with K9 Jones missing. But we shown that we can play well without him. Also out of our 17 goals scored this year, 8 have come from players who will be at the game on Friday. Out of Haiti's 13 goals scored, only 4 have come from players who will be at the game on Friday (not to mention that 6 of those goals have come against Grenada)  So we have a slight edge in that department.

I was surprised to see that Marcelin wasn't called up for Haiti. He is a good midfielder. He must be injured.

If Haiti wasn't missing all those key players, we will definitely be needing K9, Bateau and Molino.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 09:46:13 AM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #293 on: January 06, 2016, 10:53:51 AM »
Right on Maurice. Marcelin joined the team yesterday.

Anyway, it will be an interesting match. A likely formation:

Ceus/Odelus
Jerome   Lafrance   Aveska    Jaggy
Alexandre   Norde     Hilaire
Millien   Belfort  Wedson

Maurice and Marcelin will likely start on the bench.

(The best way to watch the match is to use a smart DNS to trick the Internet so you can browse it like someone in Panama would. This way you will be able to watch Panamanian TV live. It is easy to do. Just google smart DNS and learn how to set your device)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 06, 2016, 11:34:54 AM »
Right on Maurice. Marcelin joined the team yesterday.

Anyway, it will be an interesting match. A likely formation:

Ceus/Odelus
Jerome   Lafrance   Aveska    Jaggy
Alexandre   Norde     Hilaire
Millien   Belfort  Wedson

Maurice and Marcelin will likely start on the bench.

(The best way to watch the match is to use a smart DNS to trick the Internet so you can browse it like someone in Panama would. This way you will be able to watch Panamanian TV live. It is easy to do. Just google smart DNS and learn how to set your device)

Decent line up there Toussaint. Imagine what the team would gave been with the missing players. Explains why Haiti had a good game against Costa Rica despite losing 1-0.

I don't see us losing this game. I think 2-0 for the Soca warriors sounds about right.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #295 on: January 06, 2016, 03:41:26 PM »
no channel in TT bringing this game?
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 06, 2016, 04:47:29 PM »
no channel in TT bringing this game?

vb, what is the answer to the quiz. happy New Year!!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 06, 2016, 09:19:45 PM »
WATCH: Coach Stephen Hart, and midfielders Khaleem Hyland and Andre Boucaud talk to the media before leaving for Panama
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4g7faTcGdcM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4g7faTcGdcM</a>

WATCH: Soca Warriors arrive in Panama
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hXUKsVe62IM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hXUKsVe62IM</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 07, 2016, 12:37:57 AM »

There is ALOT at stake in this match against Haiti. I hope the Warriors approach this game as if it was a World Cup qualifier!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #299 on: January 07, 2016, 05:27:34 AM »
‘Warriors’ arrive in Panama for Copa America qualifier.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Trinidad and Tobago’s senior men’s team touched down in Panama City shortly after 9am on Wednesday ahead of Friday’s Copa America Centenario qualifying match versus Haiti at the Estadio Rommel Fernandez.

Head Coach Stephen Hart and his 22-man squad seemingly brought some Caribbean sunshine with them as the conditions have been mostly rainy and overcast in Panama for the past few days. The Haitian team which also arrived on Wednesday might have been thinking along the same lines as they no doubt came with the same intentions of grabbing a win on Friday night and booking their place in the prestigious Copa America.

The first order of business for the T&T team was the official welcome meeting during which a presentation against match fixing and other illegal practices were outlined. Meetings conducted by Concacaf officials were held with all four teams taking part in the playoff

T&T got a good feel of the playing surface in October when they defeated the hosts 2-1 in an international friendly and Iceland-based forward Jonathan Glenn, who laid the pass off to Kenwyne Jones for the opening item, believes that the “Soca Warriors” will definitely fancy their chances of a win on Friday.

“It’s going to be a bruising contest without a doubt because both teams know what is at stake and it’s like a Cup Final, win or nothing,” Glenn told TTFA Media shortly after the team’s arrival on Wednesday.

“But we should feel that we know the conditions here quite well, we know the ground and we know what to expect. We also know the Haiti team quite well so it’s going to be down to us to really put our heads together and pull off the result that we all want on Friday night,” he added.

T&T were scheduled to train at 8pm (9pm TT Time) on Wednesday at the Cascarita Tapia and would then have a session at the match venue at 5pm on the eve of the encounter.

“We knew we would maybe try to get in two good sessions here but this is why it was important to have everyone back at home for the period we did which turned out quite well,” Hart said.

“The focus now is going to be in relation to how we play the game on Friday. We’ll work on a couple things in training here but it’s just basically a couple sessions away from game time. We know what the task is and we know what our focus is going to be,” he added.

DirecTV W Connection’s Shahdon Winchester who came into the team as a replacement for Keron Cummings, admitted his excitement on being in Hart’s squad for the match, adding that he didn’t consider himself to be reserve call up.

“When I got the call I was excited and even though it was as a replacement, I was excited as though I got called in the first twenty three. I took it with a good heart and came into the session and try to give a hundred percent and do what the coach asked of me,” Winchester said.

“It was easy for me to fall into the team because there is a good bond and a lot of excitement. My aim is to perform in the game against Haiti and to be consistent and hopefully keep my place in the team,” he said.

T&T’s match with Haiti will kick off at 5:30pm (6:30pm TT time) on Friday followed by the second match between Cuba and Panama. Both winners will advance to the Copa America Centenario in the United States.

Videos: -

Watch the T&T Team Arrival in Panama City

Hart, Boucaud and Hyland talk to the Press before leaving for Panama

RELATED NEWS

Positive Warriors ready for Haiti.
T&T Guardian Reports.

National coach Stephen Hart and members of the Soca Warriors leave today for the Copa America Centenario Berth match against Haiti in Panama City.

They took a 6 am flight, Copa 0315, enroute to the Central American nation following their final training session at the Hasely Crawford Stadium yesterday. Hart said he was very pleased with the attitude by the players and the energy levels they have shown during the sessions.

The Canada-based coach will leave with a 22-man team as he did not name a replacement for English-based defender Justin Hoyte, who was ruled out with a hamstring injury. Hart’s men were strengthened by the return of Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino, who joined the team last week. He continues his recovery process following ACL surgery in May. Molino is targeting a return to play in March.

The team trained rigorously over the past week and according to Central FC midfielder Ataulla Guerra, the players are aiming to overcome Haiti, their next hurdle.

“The training camp has been quite intensive but very good for us. For me personally, I feel really good to be back after missing out the last couple games.

“We have a big task ahead but it is very important that we stay focused and treat this game with all the respect it deserves,” he said.

“Everyone is very eager to do well. We know what is at stake and the opportunity will be a great one. Day by day we are just putting in the work which I think will see us produce the kind of football on the pitch that will bring us the result we are looking for.”

Only two days ago the team received a visit from Keron Cummings, who was shot last Sunday and had to undergo surgery. Cummings said he wanted pledge his support for the team ahead of their play-off with the Haitians who have already named their squad for the match.

Manager William Wallace said the team was upbeat and ready to play in the Copa America Tournament which is being played in the United States for the first time. The team is expected to touch down in Panama at 8.20 am and will hit the training field at 6 this evening. Tomorrow the team will engage in two other training sessions before the match on Friday. Wallace said the players had indicated that they want to qualify for their injured teammate Cummings before they turn their attention to the World Cup Qualifiers.

The Soca Warriors have four points from two matches, following an impressive 2-1 victory over Guatemala and a goalless draw with the United States at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 05:49:08 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>