March 28, 2024, 08:06:09 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Haiti Copa Game (08-Jan-2016)  (Read 58559 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Haiti Copa Game (08-Jan-2016)
« Reply #300 on: January 07, 2016, 05:49:28 AM »
Jones, Cato headline players in Copa playoffs.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

T&T’s trio of Cordell Cato, Joevin Jones and Kevan George are among four players in the American MLS, called up to contest the Copa America Centenario playoffs tomorrow in Panama City.

Panama have called up San Jose Earthquake’s Anabel Godoy while T&T’s Yohance Marshall, Daneil Cyrus and Carlyle Mitchell have all played for MLS teams in the past. Panama’s Blas Perez and Jamie Penedo have also played in the MLS.

According to Jones, the MLS is producing good all-round players who continue to play on the international stage.

“It’s good for the league which is growing each season. For players like myself and Cordell (Cato), it’s quite exciting to be playing on the international stage with our national teams and having the chance to get into a tournament like the Copa America where we could compete against some of the best teams and best players in the world today.

“I think the league provides a good platform for players to get a break and improve their game and have the opportunity to move onto bigger things.”

Looking back at his season for Chicago Fire, Jones added: “We had a decent season but the ambition is to win. We’ve got a decent bunch of players and I think we’ll be looking to improve next season. The team is always looking to improve and the challenge of helping them finish better next season is one I think all the players are looking forward to.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 07, 2016, 11:11:34 AM »
Any streams for tomorrow?

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #302 on: January 07, 2016, 11:55:55 AM »
As promised, the following are the links I have found for you, guys:

Web links:

http://www.tvmax-9.com/en_vivo/

http://www.rpctv.com/en_directo/RPC-TV-Linea_7_635106484.html

TV Link:

Free TV: local broadcast Univision for people in USA

For people in the US with cable, NBC Deportes.

Of course, if you are in Haiti, the French Antilles, France you can watch it on Canal+ or Canalsat. They have traveled with the Haiti national team.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 12:36:28 PM by Toussaint »
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 07, 2016, 01:42:27 PM »
Multiple links for games
Haiti vs. Trinidad
8-Jan-2016
5:30 PM
Panama City, Panama.

TV Link: Canalsat (Haiti), NBC Deportes (USA) Univision (USA)

If you are in the US, you will be able to watch the game live on Univisión Deportes Network.

For the rest of us, Panamanian TV channels RPC and TV Max provide free live streaming.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 01:44:26 PM by truehaitian »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #304 on: January 07, 2016, 02:37:12 PM »
As promised, the following are the links I have found for you, guys:

Web links:

TV Link:

Free TV: local broadcast Univision for people in USA

For people in the US with cable, NBC Deportes.

Of course, if you are in Haiti, the French Antilles, France you can watch it on Canal+ or Canalsat. They have traveled with the Haiti national team.

Thanks a lot brother...  :beermug:

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 07, 2016, 03:26:19 PM »
Multiple links for games
Haiti vs. Trinidad
8-Jan-2016
5:30 PM
Panama City, Panama.

TV Link: Canalsat (Haiti), NBC Deportes (USA) Univision (USA)

If you are in the US, you will be able to watch the game live on Univisión Deportes Network.

For the rest of us, Panamanian TV channels RPC and TV Max provide free live streaming.

Thanks a lot truehaitian..

I was reading the Haitisports forum. The Haitian brothers label me as a Trini spy. I had to laugh.

One thing I like about you guys is all yuh dont get into the name calling and thing. Whenever we play our other regional rivals, some of the other fans/supporters does be quick to call us eediot and pus$yhole. You guys keep this rivalry professional. No name calling or bashing the other team culture. Some of the guys on here know what I talking about. Nuff respect!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 04:27:17 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Preparation underpins T&T’s Copa America plans
« Reply #306 on: January 07, 2016, 06:55:55 PM »
Preparation underpins T&T’s Copa America plans
CONCACAF.com

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Stephen Hart is leaving nothing to chance in advance of his team’s Copa America Centenario play-in match on Friday against Haiti at the Estadio Rommel Fernandez.

His strict attention to detail is necessary, especially since only the winner will advance to the historic competition, which will be contested June 3-26, 2016, in the United States.

“I think we have to do what we do well, be consistent with it, minimize our errors in crucial parts of the field where we could be punished and understand that this game will be a tight one and can possibly be won in the second half so we have to manage it properly,” said Hart. “It’s the nature of the game and we’ve practiced the penalty kicks. We know who are the responsible shooters, but in reality, when it comes to that situation it’s who feels they can kick. I cannot tell somebody to go and kick and their frame of mind is not one of confidence. I will try as best as possible not to reach that situation in our favor.”

None of the above is to say that the Soca Warriors are expecting a penalty-kick shootout to decide matters. Quite the contrary. They just want to be equipped for any and all eventualities.

“Yea, no doubt about it, our ultimate objective is to win tomorrow’s match and we are hoping to take care of business before it gets down to penalties,” defender Radanfah Abu Bakr said.

On Thursday morning, Hart had his squad train at the Estadio Maracana. It will gather again for one final session later in the afternoon.

“We’ve had some good time together and the sessions have been intense,” Abu Bakr finished. “I think we’re well prepared. One of the key aspects going for us over the last year is the player pool and the guys who have stepped in when a few other players have been injured, suspended or not available and I think it will be the same again tomorrow. We have enough talented players and the attitude is right.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 07, 2016, 08:12:29 PM »
What time is this game on Fri? EST
After some research I found that the game is (20:36) UTC which is 3:36PM EST or 4:36PM TT. I'll wait for official confirmation though.

Looks like we play at 5:36pm EST. Currently, Panama time and EST are the same.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gjUgQ2PY0TM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gjUgQ2PY0TM</a>

Seeking clarification. If the game is playing 530pm Panama Time, Then that would be 630pm TT. We are an hour ahead, not so? 

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 07, 2016, 08:25:07 PM »
Seeking clarification. If the game is playing 530pm Panama Time, Then that would be 630pm TT. We are an hour ahead, not so? 

Correct!

Offline hg495

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 08, 2016, 12:04:22 AM »
i found the game for DIRECTV for those who have direct tv... ts on 464 UNIHD LIVE FROM 525PM
if yuh never get ah buss toe playing small goal den yuh never play football in trini when yuh was small hehehehe

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 08, 2016, 12:23:23 AM »
i found the game for DIRECTV for those who have direct tv... ts on 464 UNIHD LIVE FROM 525PM

Wonderful! I get that channel, good looking out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #311 on: January 08, 2016, 04:45:40 AM »
‘Warriors’ play for Copa spot... stage set for contest with Haiti.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior Men’s Team will have it all to play for when they face off with Haiti in a win or nothing Copa America Centenario qualifying match at the Estadio Rommel Fernandez from 5:30pm (6:30pm TT time) on Friday. Cuba takes on hosts Panama in the second game from 8pm.

At stake is a place in the historic Copa America Centenario where some of the world’s best team with their marquee players will be participating. The likes of Argentina, Uruguay, Colombia, Ecuador, Brazil, Unites States, Mexico and Costa Rica will be awaiting the winner of the encounter. It is surely where Radanfah Abu Bakr and his teammates will want to be in June.

“Yea, no doubt about it, our ultimate objective is to win tomorrow’s match and we are hoping to take care of business before it gets down to penalties,” Abu Bakr told TTFA Media following an early morning training session at the Maracana Artificial surface stadium on Thursday.

Skipper Kenwyne Jones and Sheldon Bateau are missing due to club commitments while Keron Cummings, Justin Hoyte and Willis Plaza are all out through injury. But the team has several players who have carried their weight in 2015 such as Joevin Jones, Cordell Cato, Abu Bakr, goalkeepers Jan Michael Williams and Marvin Phillip, Andre Boucaud, Kevan George, Daneil Cyrus, Aubrey David, Mekeil Williams, Khaleem Hyland and Jonathan Glenn among others with the likes Neveal Hackshaw, Jomal Williams and Shahdon Winchester capable of adding strong support.

“We’ve had some good time together and the sessions have been intense. I think we’re well prepared. One of the key aspects going for us over the last year is the player pool and the guys who have stepped in when a few other players have been injured, suspended or not available and I think it will be the same again tomorrow. We have enough talented players and the attitude is right,” Abu Bakr added.

The Denmark-based defender was among the scorers during the shootout when T&T lost to Panama at the Gold Cup quarter finals where a win would have pushed T&T through to the Copa America.

Hart commented : “I think we have to do what we do well, be consistent with it, minimize our errors in crucial parts of the field where we could be punished and understand that this game will be a tight one and can possibly be won in the second half so we have to manage it properly.

“It’s the nature of the game and we’ve practiced the penalty kicks. We know who are the responsible shooters but in reality when it comes to that situation it’s who feels they can kick. I cannot tell somebody to go and kick and their frame of mind is not once confidence. I will try as best as possible not to reach that situation in our favour.”

San Jose Earthquakes forward Cordell Cato described the encounter as beyond huge.

“The team is definitely ready for the game. Everyone is mentally and physical ready for it so it’s just about getting the business done tomorrow. The game is beyond huge if I can use that term. To be able to qualify for this tournament will be a major step for Trinidad and Tobago,” Cato said.

And fellow MLS-based professional, Joevin Jones believes T&T can turn out a winning performance.

“I feel very good at the moment. The mood in the camp is excellent, the love is there and everyone has each other’s back at the moment. We all want to advance to the Copa America in June and hopefully our performance will get us that spot tomorrow.

T&T will have a 45-minute session at the game venue on Thursday evening. The conditions have been quite humid in Panama City over the past two days and similar is expected on game day.

T&T will play in all white and it was announced at the pre-game match coordination meeting that cautions or red cards for the winning team will carry over to the Copa America while the same will carry over to the next official international match or World Cup qualifier for the losing team from tomorrow’s encounter. The game will head to extra-time and penalty kicks if necessary to determine a winner.

The Haitians meantime, will have at least nine players in its team tomorrow from the line up which lost 1-0 at home to Jamaica in a World Cup qualifier in November. Those include French-based midfielder Max Hilaire and Turkish-based forward Kervens Belfort. French-based striker Duckens Nazon will miss the game after failing to be released by his club Stade Lavallois. Nazon scored the equalizing goal in Haiti’s draw with Panama at the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup.

In a statement, Nazon said: “My dear compatriots and dear teammates. It is with great sadness that I announce that I will not be present at the qualifying match against Trinidad. I thank the coach and coaching staff of the national selection for their efforts with my club to release me for this match of great importance to me and to us all. This game is not positioned during the FIFA dates. My club has decided, as is its right, not to release me for this game. Although it pains me, I respect this decision motivated by the injury of the club’s striker. I have to be ready to play. I offer to the national team my full support for this match. I know my teammates have the quality and determination to get this qualification. Come on, guys, take us to the Copa America!”

Video: - Watch today’s Video Update as the T&T team prepares for Haiti

RELATED NEWS

The Warriors must show their motion.
By Alvin Corneal (Guardian).

With the year 2015 behind us all, the search for an exciting 2016 is facing the Soca Warriors. The general consensus regarding the improvement of the team has been given a good rating, which means that the days ahead starting with tonight’s match against Haiti, has to provide our people with consistency and positive results.

I am certain that the schedule which is now appearing before our squad, could probably end up as a definite trend as to whether our players are now physically, psychologically and mentally ready to plan for the entire year.

The first hurdle is tonight’s contest against Haiti in Panama. Under normal circumstances, the emphasis may not appear to be one of immense value, as the Haitians have not been one of the Caribbean teams which have defeated the Warriors in recent times.

A victory for Stephen Hart and his team will bring a guarantee to participate in the inaugural Copa America tournament which will bring together the South American giants of World Soccer up against the best of Concacaf.

It is clear that the renewed frame of mind on the part of the players has been different from previous occasions. The change of the leadership at the TTFA seem to have convinced the new government that their financial input into the program was of paramount importance in order to have the players in a great frame of mind.

From the initial decision to withdraw their services unless they received their outstanding monies, through dialogue with the relevant persons, the group were able to focus on their two sessions daily under the watchful eyes of the coaching staff whose performances over the past year have been commended by the TTFA and the fans as well.

Misfortune over a shooting incident which involved the newest star Keron Cummings, an injury to Sheldon Bateau, and the absence of skipper Kenwyne Jones because of his recent change of clubs, may appear to be some type of set back as far as this trio had shown in almost every match.

However, there were also certain talented players who were previously injured and are now fit enough to join the squad. My recollection of the performances of Haiti in the Caribbean tournament played in Jamaica and the Gold Cup, was surprisingly very good and they appeared to have come a long way with their present group of players.

Their Gold Cup  sounded a serious bell to all the others, but in this case, T&T especially. There is no room for lethargy, or simple errors. It is one game which is literally a knock out. It is the type of game where immediate focus is valuable and intensity has to be the major rule for each player.

Maybe we should realise that victory in this match will give the team the right spirit to breeze past St. Vincent twice in March and  continue to take care of Guatemala at home, results which will make no difference whether or not the USA win their match when the warriors are away to them.

Straight into these matches will be the Copa America series which to my mind, is probably the most prestigious opportunity in a lifetime. So excuses have been removed, the fans are optimistic, the players are comfortable with the payment pattern, and Haiti’s history of beating us have not been achieved in recent times.

Performance always beat ole talk, according to the old folks, and we must all hope that it applies to this game and our team.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 04:48:32 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 08, 2016, 07:26:01 AM »
Folks, this is it ... part 1 (for qualification to play in the Copa) ...
but at the same time there is a this-is-it part 2 (to qualify for the hex and World Cup).
Getting through part 1 will give us just what we need in terms of top quality games to sharpen for WC qualification, as a broke TTFA could not afford to easily arrange an equivalent schedule of friendlies.
So yes there is pressure on the boys, but doh stiffen up, as all is not lost if we lose to Haiti. There is still lots more to play for.
Still I see those Warriors as so hungry that they will conquer tonight after diggin' real deep.
Go Warriors, we are praying for you all.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 08, 2016, 07:46:23 AM »

Sweet!

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #314 on: January 08, 2016, 08:31:18 AM »

Quote from: gawd on pitch

Decent line up there Toussaint. Imagine what the team would gave been with the missing players. Explains why Haiti had a good game against Costa Rica despite losing 1-0.

I don't see us losing this game. I think 2-0 for the Soca warriors sounds about right.

No doubt we are the underdogs tonight. A new coach with no experience in the region, so many missing players...
However, we will give you a fight. Anyway, I expect a good and entertaining game from both teams. The winner will have my support at the Copa America but, of course, I hope it's Haiti.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 08:32:59 AM by Toussaint »

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #315 on: January 08, 2016, 08:36:13 AM »

Sweet!
If you're not in the US, you should use my links. They will show the match in HD at 5:30 pm.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 08, 2016, 10:14:13 AM »
Let us remember this is attempt number three to qualify for a Copa America.

We blew the first chance on a penalty shootout with Jamaica in the Caribbean Cup Final.

The second chance went in the Gold Cup.

We will get it right this time.

We have improved since then...guidance and effort!

Lets go #warriorstimeisnow

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 08, 2016, 10:33:13 AM »
Let us remember this is attempt number three to qualify for a Copa America.

We blew the first chance on a penalty shootout with Jamaica in the Caribbean Cup Final.

The second chance went in the Gold Cup.

We will get it right this time.

We have improved since then...guidance and effort!

Lets go #warriorstimeisnow

That's right. We have improved tremendously since the Jamaica game. We taking this one. I seeing 2 goals in the first half or 1 in the first and 1 in the second. Trinidad and Tobago wins 2-0. Party done. On to Copa 2016!!!!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #318 on: January 08, 2016, 11:07:47 AM »
Chat room is available, join the lime, 5pm today.

SWO Chat Room.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 08, 2016, 12:29:48 PM »
WATCH: The final countdown to the Copa América Centenario playoff match between Trinidad and Tobago and Haiti
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wMocmDbuOEM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wMocmDbuOEM</a>

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 08, 2016, 02:00:30 PM »
Come Warriors Let's do this. :wavetowel:

Isasha should re do let's do this. With the right lyrics this song can become the warriors anthem for this WC campaign .  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNesq_P4luE&spfreload=10

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #321 on: January 08, 2016, 02:10:57 PM »
I am confirming that the game is at 6:30 pm TT time.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 08, 2016, 02:37:02 PM »

Isasha should re do let's do this. With the right lyrics this song can become the warriors anthem for this WC campaign .  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNesq_P4luE&spfreload=10

Yeah, ah feel he/someone could pull that off without any partisan residue.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 08, 2016, 02:56:52 PM »
is this the game venue, astroturf?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 08, 2016, 02:57:23 PM »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 08, 2016, 03:00:07 PM »
tnt tnt tnt tnt tnt tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 08, 2016, 03:11:24 PM »
LIVE TV: Digicel SportsMax 2

LIVE STREAMS:

Kick-off:  5:30pm EST (6:30pm T&T)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 03:29:53 PM by Tallman »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 08, 2016, 03:20:35 PM »
Ok folks, I am just double checking that the game will kick off in just over 1 hour's time since T&T is 1 hour ahead of Panama.

Is that correct?
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 08, 2016, 03:27:53 PM »

Good idea to re-do the lyrics,is a nice chune with som beautiful visuals.It sounds like a better chune if used as a PNM anthem.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 08, 2016, 03:29:03 PM »
Ok folks, I am just double checking that the game will kick off in just over 1 hour's time since T&T is 1 hour ahead of Panama.

Is that correct?

Thats right Soca. It will be a late night for you. Game starting 10:30 uk time.

1]; } ?>