March 28, 2024, 11:00:52 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Haiti Copa Game (08-Jan-2016)  (Read 58566 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Haiti Copa Game (08-Jan-2016)
« Reply #390 on: January 08, 2016, 06:41:20 PM »
Félicitations à nos frères haïtiens.  :beermug:

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 08, 2016, 06:41:33 PM »
We need to learn from tonight. The chemistry was off, spacing between midfield and offense was huge. Feel like they missed KJ
....and someone to command d CAM and wings.....winchester looked useless for the most part....and why no Cato
I pity the fool....

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 08, 2016, 06:42:10 PM »
The team did look flat.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 08, 2016, 06:43:49 PM »
We need to learn from tonight. The chemistry was off, spacing between midfield and offense was huge. Feel like they missed KJ
....and someone to command d He foughtCAM and wings.....winchester looked useless for the most part....and why no Cato

I thought Winchester looked good. He fought a lot. Glenn was off.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 08, 2016, 06:44:17 PM »
congrats haiti on a well deserved win. worst t&t performance in a long time. even the coach and his staff seemed deflated the entire game.

these players have proven more than capable facing much stronger opponents. i have to wonder how much the serial-screw-ups/sabotage by the ttfa and the cummings incident played into this...
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 08, 2016, 06:44:33 PM »
Jan does save some wicked shots...but does shit heself on sitters....

Real disappointment tonight!

my stream freeze just before to ball reach d haitian strikier and I jus knew it was a goal if he made contact even if jan could do better
I pity the fool....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 08, 2016, 06:44:42 PM »
Ah well it was fun while it lasted...... :'( :'(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 08, 2016, 06:45:22 PM »
This hurts, I really wanted these guys to play against the likes of Brazil, Argentina etc. I agree too it seems like they missed kenwyne. Cummings would've handled that attacking midfield role, guerra too. Cato would've injected life into the team if he came on.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 08, 2016, 07:00:45 PM »
Before the demolition crew takes over ...

Very sad loss for a team that seemed to me to be trying very hard and was excellent at playing ball under pressure against a very physical Haiti. I thought our ball possession and one touch and first touch under pressure was better than ever before actually. Yes we did miss KJ and Plaza up front for those crosses, free kicks and several crosses into the box, and we did miss Ball-pest and Molino and Guerra (latter also recovering from injury), Everybody played well in my opinion. Jan was sensational except for one unlucky deflection-shift-the-wrong-way-goal. I see no need to bash Cyrus. We proved that even without Bateau, Carlysle Mitchell has re-established himself as a solid centerback, and showed he can handle stuff at this level. Remember he was our top central defender before he was sent off to exile in Korea and before Bateau came knocking on the door and Radanfah upped his game.

We will miss playing in the Copa. I grieve but it was not meant to be, and there is still football to play for. This team is showing very good midfield and defense depth (no Justin Hoyte, no Bateau), with need to get more depth in the potent strikers and replacements for Ball pest. Good news is that we will be seeing Molino by march 2016.

Good coaching tactics by BraveHart in my opinion. The loss makes it look like we were supposed to lose or inferior but I don't see it that way. Haiti is trouble always. Their keeper was scrappy but had wicked reflexes for every shot, deflection and potential own goal coming his way.
A for effort my Warriors. I know it hurts. No sweat, chin up and attack with full force against Vincy in the next 2 World Cup qualifiers.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 08:23:00 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 08, 2016, 07:09:47 PM »
Clearly men stale drunk after the Christmas. We just drift through the game especially second half. No fitness at all.
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 08, 2016, 07:10:14 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zjV866dA1Uw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zjV866dA1Uw</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 08, 2016, 07:19:45 PM »

Very sad loss for a team that seemed to me to be trying very hard and was excellent at playing ball under pressure against a very physical Haiti. I thought our ball position and one touch and first touch under pressure was better than ever before actually. Yes we did miss KJ and Plaza up front for those crosses, free kicks and several crosses into the box, and we did miss Ball-pest and Molino and Guerra (latter also recovering from injury), Everybody played well in my opinion. Jan was sensational except for one unlucky defection-shift-the-wrong-way-goal. I see no need to bash Cyrus. We proved that even without Bateau, Carlysle Mitchell has re-established himself as a solid centerback, and showed he can handle stuff at this level. Remember he was our top central defender before he was sent off to exile in Korea and before Bateau came knocking on the door and Radanfah upped his game.

We will miss playing in the Copa. I grieve but it was not meant to be, but there is still football to play for. This team is showing very good midfield and defense depth (no Justin Hoyte, no Bateau), with need to get more depth in the potent strikers and replacements for Ball pest. Good news is that we will be seeing Molino by march 2016.

Good coaching tactics by BraveHart in my opinion. The loss makes it look like we were supposed to lose or inferior but I don't see it that way. Haiti is trouble always. Their keeper was scrappy but had wicked reflexes for every shot, deflection and potential own goal coming his way.
A for effort my Warriors. I know it hurts. No sweat, chin up and attack with full force against Vincy in the next 2 World Cup qualifiers.
         Nice  feedback dreamer........  As for our warriors and coaching staff keep your heads up  tough luck this time around ... there are alot of football ahead ..... russia world cup .qualifiers next !  Congrats to haiti 

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 08, 2016, 07:22:45 PM »
Félicitations à nos frères haïtiens.  :beermug:
MERCI BEAUCOUP!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 08, 2016, 07:33:28 PM »
Lacked imagination and enterprise in the middle,  hyland does OK as a stop gap 10 but isn't in the same league as keron or molino for movement therefore does not draw defenders to him as effectively so no space was being created for others........
I pity the fool....

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 08, 2016, 07:44:25 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zjV866dA1Uw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zjV866dA1Uw</a>
i say if we can't best teams like this then we have no right in the copa. For that matter I'm kind of happy that we lost because people was already getting besides themselves like we won the hold cup, and simply because we had some good results, like when hart told the lads that they have not achieved anything yet, truer words.

On another not. The #12 and 15 should never play for us ever again with that amateur display of poor defending, one for allowing the cross to leave the boy boots and the other for allowing the striker to touch that ball.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: January 08, 2016, 08:12:28 PM »
WATCH: Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago’s 1-0 loss to Haiti
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RGC_KaO3vzE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RGC_KaO3vzE</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 08, 2016, 08:36:21 PM »
i say if we can't beat teams like this then we have no right in the copa.

true dat!

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 08, 2016, 08:45:53 PM »
I had to log out and cool myself down. I just could not see us not playing in the Copa.
This is just how I felt after our women did not reach the WC. And they mirror each other too. Both teams had three chances to make it. Both teams missed out on penalties . And both teams lost it late on weak goals in their third and final chace.  :'( >:( :(  :-\  I need a stiff drink. I going with ah LLB instead of my usual malta.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 08:47:47 PM by che »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 08, 2016, 08:52:36 PM »
I had to log out and cool myself down. I just could not see us not playing in the Copa.
This is just how I felt after our women did not reach the WC. And they mirror each other too. Both teams had three chances to make it. Both teams missed out on penalties . And both teams lost it late on weak goals in their third and final chace.  :'( >:( :(  :-\  I need a stiff drink. I going with ah LLB instead of my usual malta.

Ah hear yuh. This football is real presshah to watch, and damn cruel for the players, but it is still a privilege to see T&T on TV participating
If I had to choose between seeing T&T playing with a loss vs not playing, I would still want to see us play in qualifiers like this.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 08, 2016, 08:58:24 PM »

true dat!
deeks these guys truly behave like they don't know the game sometimes. Any fool would tell you that when you are stretched you never allow a cross to enter your box, let alone have an attacking player touch a ball in you final third. The two defenders allow this one player a shot with the #12 defending on the wrong side of the attacker, while the #15 player gave the attacker ample time to line up the cross especially in the dying stages of the game, shame on them. Give these guys a few weeks off and they gone mad forgetting everything they learned.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 08, 2016, 09:08:56 PM »

true dat!
deeks these guys truly behave like they don't know the game sometimes. Any fool would tell you that when you are stretched you never allow a cross to enter your box, let alone have an attacking player touch a ball in you final third. The two defenders allow this one player a shot with the #12 defending on the wrong side of the attacker, while the #15 player gave the attacker ample time to line up the cross especially in the dying stages of the game, shame on them. Give these guys a few weeks off and they gone mad forgetting everything they learned.

Except for the couple of counter attacks which almost resulted in us scoring about 3 goal, our players lack vision. Without the mid field control, we were done four. We missed Cummings and Cato(he may be nursing some kind of injury, I don't know). Our mids were notenterprising enough. The Haitians were always probing. Making short passes. Moving into spaces. As you said, we forgot everything after the GC. I am depressed. I wanted us to play in the Copa badly. Like we not ready for prime time. Jeez!!!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 08, 2016, 09:13:14 PM »
Still can't believe we lost like that :frustrated:

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 08, 2016, 09:24:03 PM »
I am glad to see that there are not too many overly negative post about our guys. Because if we as fans are hurting so much think about how much this is hurting those guys right now. I am trying to find the positives in a loss like that, The best that  I could come up with is this. After a lost like that those guys will never want to have that kind of feeling again and it will inspire them to do even better next time. They should now be even more hungry to reach the WC.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 08, 2016, 10:02:39 PM »
I am glad to see that there are not too many overly negative post about our guys. Because if we as fans are hurting so much think about how much this is hurting those guys right now. I am trying to find the positives in a loss like that, The best that  I could come up with is this. After a lost like that those guys will never want to have that kind of feeling again and it will inspire them to do even better next time. They should now be even more hungry to reach the WC.

Same was said after the loss to Panama in the GC...part of it for us is mental, when it comes to crunch time, our statistics aren't very encouraging...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 08, 2016, 10:24:11 PM »
It's unfrigging believable  and even more hurtful to  hear and read  ( some ) of the comments  directed at the team after the loss to haiti ,   .... fellas  and ladies we all wanted  to see we team in the copa tournament  but on this day  it wasn't to be .... ah hurting real bad too ..... as i know it surely would have  been  useful to qualify for such a prestigious event / the copa....   Dem guys went through alot lately the entire team so as such ah could only say hard luck fellas  .....keep yuh heads up let this be  a lesson learned ...           Ah know  meh fellow forumites hurting  over de loss  .... but lets try to keep things positive   for the team / players sake ...........on a side. Wishng Keron
cummings  a speedy recovery

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 08, 2016, 10:37:11 PM »

Very sad loss for a team that seemed to me to be trying very hard and was excellent at playing ball under pressure against a very physical Haiti. I thought our ball possession and one touch and first touch under pressure was better than ever before actually. Yes we did miss KJ and Plaza up front for those crosses, free kicks and several crosses into the box, and we did miss Ball-pest and Molino and Guerra (latter also recovering from injury), Everybody played well in my opinion. Jan was sensational except for one unlucky deflection-shift-the-wrong-way-goal. I see no need to bash Cyrus. We proved that even without Bateau, Carlysle Mitchell has re-established himself as a solid centerback, and showed he can handle stuff at this level. Remember he was our top central defender before he was sent off to exile in Korea and before Bateau came knocking on the door and Radanfah upped his game.

We will miss playing in the Copa. I grieve but it was not meant to be, and there is still football to play for. This team is showing very good midfield and defense depth (no Justin Hoyte, no Bateau), with need to get more depth in the potent strikers and replacements for Ball pest. Good news is that we will be seeing Molino by march 2016.

:beermug: I thought we played very well. It was hard for Coach Hart to prepare tactically against the Haitians. With a new coach, we knew nothing about how they would play and Hart didn't want them running at us, so we flood the midfield and went at them. We were unlucky, Haiti absorb the pressure and they were more physically prepared and had a game plan. It's easy to look at our team and predict what would be the situation upfront - we had many chances but most importantly while been solid at the back the team was able to create chances. I thought we rush de brush tonite. no finesse.. sometimes just a little patience and less panic when frustrated is important in games like these.

I thought MOM was that Haitian keeper, it was going to take something special to beat him tonite.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 08, 2016, 10:57:20 PM »

T&T don't deserve to be in Copa.. and as usual we have people making excuses for another poor result.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 08, 2016, 11:06:45 PM »
It's unfrigging believable  and even more hurtful to  hear and read  ( some ) of the comments  directed at the team after the loss to haiti ,   .... fellas  and ladies we all wanted  to see we team in the copa tournament  but on this day  it wasn't to be .... ah hurting real bad too ..... as i know it surely would have  been  useful to qualify for such a prestigious event / the copa....   Dem guys went through alot lately the entire team so as such ah could only say hard luck fellas  .....keep yuh heads up let this be  a lesson learned ...           Ah know  meh fellow forumites hurting  over de loss  .... but lets try to keep things positive   for the team / players sake ...........on a side. Wishng Keron
cummings  a speedy recovery

Yuh right yes. 

Aye allyuh don't say anything negative in here dem boys will cry so leh we stay positive and not think or say anything about all the mistakes and errors the national team make in a crucial match eh, let us just sit back and wish for ah better performance next time eh

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 08, 2016, 11:34:41 PM »
This teams deserves to be criticized. We have seen what they are capable of both team wise and individually. This performance was less than mediocre and no one including fans should accept that. The team showed a lack of focus, they looked unfit, defensively we were out of sorts poor 1v1 and even worse 1v2. In this game there seemed to be a lack of communication along with a general lack of understanding of what to do when we had the ball.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 08, 2016, 11:35:41 PM »
I am glad to see that there are not too many overly negative post about our guys.

Breds, this not the Womens or U16, U19. This is the seniors. Professionals. They blew it. 3 opportunities.

1]; } ?>