April 19, 2024, 01:17:51 PM

Author Topic: 2016 CONCACAF Women’s Olympic Qualifying Championship  (Read 48892 times)

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 CONCACAF Women’s Olympic Qualifying Championship
« Reply #270 on: February 16, 2016, 05:33:09 PM »
now 4-0.....nice finish by Molon for the 4th

Concacaf has 3:1

Nah...it's 4-0 TT.  I'm watching via this link:
http://www.clarosports.com/en-vivo/

But it only works from Mexico...so I'musing the Hola VPN Chrome extension and set my location to Mexico.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 16, 2016, 05:36:01 PM »
now 4-0.....nice finish by Molon for the 4th

Concacaf has 3:1

Nah...it's 4-0 TT.  I'm watching via this link:
http://www.clarosports.com/en-vivo/

But it only works from Mexico...so I'musing the Hola VPN Chrome extension and set my location to Mexico.

Thanks boss
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 16, 2016, 05:51:17 PM »
4-1 at the half. Poor defensive work allowed Guyana to pull one back.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 16, 2016, 05:53:02 PM »
So much for ah clean sheet.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 16, 2016, 05:59:08 PM »

Really the ball was passed to Forbes and passes it up the field
How is that poor defensive work

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 16, 2016, 06:02:09 PM »
Is Mollon injured or has her (substitution and subsequent) non-involvement been due to her not complying tactically?

She is in the starting lineup for today's game.

:beermug:

Ah see she walking thru de GT defence. Literally, the commentator says she has been a headache for Guyana. This game built for her: acres of space in behind.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 16, 2016, 06:03:27 PM »

Poor collective defending.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 16, 2016, 06:04:36 PM »

She was at the top of the box and weakly  kicked the ball along the ground down the middle of the pitch directly to a Guyana player (maybe it was meant for King and she missed  it...)... the Guyana player then had the easy task of lobbing the ball into the empty net leaving Forbes stranded....

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 16, 2016, 06:21:46 PM »
now 5-1

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 16, 2016, 06:25:33 PM »
At 60'+ we are not playing with any stamp of authority, although Mollon and YaYa jes combined for the 5th. About 3 or 4 of the GUY players look particularly useful. Immediate depth if we had them.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 16, 2016, 06:33:32 PM »
At 60'+ we are not playing with any stamp of authority, although Mollon and YaYa jes combined for the 5th. About 3 or 4 of the GUY players look particularly useful. Immediate depth if we had them.

Yeah, there are a few decent players on the GUY team. Apparently a few of them play together at club level in Canada so there's some chemistry there.
The foreign flavour of this team is impossible to ignore though....makes me wonder how they have been received by the population in Guyana.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 16, 2016, 07:07:39 PM »
Mollon bossed the game. Best T&T player in evidence today. However, the real test is bossing superior opposition.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 16, 2016, 07:10:57 PM »
Is the game finished? That stream not working for me

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 16, 2016, 07:17:32 PM »

Yeah, there are a few decent players on the GUY team. Apparently a few of them play together at club level in Canada so there's some chemistry there.
The foreign flavour of this team is impossible to ignore though....makes me wonder how they have been received by the population in Guyana.

What can the local Guy. population do. The govt not investing in local women football. So they have to rely totally on foreign Guy for now, until they get their act together. You see how difficult it is for TT to run a local women program. We also still depend on foreign. Two of our best defenders are US and Canadian.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 16, 2016, 07:23:12 PM »
FINAL: Trinidad and Tobago Women 5-1 Guyana. T&T will now face United States in a semifinal match on Friday, February 19th. The winner will qualify for the Olympics in Rio.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 16, 2016, 07:36:16 PM »
Mollon bossed the game. Best T&T player in evidence today. However, the real test is bossing superior opposition.

Indeed. She looks a better player when she actually makes runs into the box and takes on defenders instead of sending in the hopeful crosses from  the flanks.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 16, 2016, 07:38:43 PM »
WATCH: Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago Women’s 5-1 win over Guyana.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AOHpZ4Nhkxk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AOHpZ4Nhkxk</a>

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 16, 2016, 08:05:45 PM »
Well done Ladies. Good bounce back
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 16, 2016, 08:15:50 PM »
Well done Princesses!!!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 16, 2016, 10:04:21 PM »

Ok Women Warriors it is IMPORTANT to stay focus and motivated and not celebrate. The journey is not over. Approach the semi final as a must win game!

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 17, 2016, 07:29:32 AM »
The final pass and finish on the first goal is sufficient evidence that a proper investment in the women's game is necessary by the TTFA! This program at all levels U 17 , 20 and Senior with proper investment, resources and management has the potential to be consistently the third best team in CONCACAF over an extended period!
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 17, 2016, 04:13:12 PM »
The final pass and finish on the first goal is sufficient evidence that a proper investment in the women's game is necessary by the TTFA! This program at all levels U 17 , 20 and Senior with proper investment, resources and management has the potential to be consistently the third best team in CONCACAF over an extended period!

Breds, if you could get the major corporations in TT to approach TTFA to help them, be our guest. We want to give DJW some time to come up with a plan to get finances for football. The initial movements by him don't look promising. After talking to a body of mine, I have serious doubts about the positive elements for football for the next 4 years. So our ladies team would be very lucky to be 3rd best in Concacaf. I am not even sure they are the 4th best.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 17, 2016, 05:32:38 PM »

Breds, if you could get the major corporations in TT to approach TTFA to help them, be our guest. We want to give DJW some time to come up with a plan to get finances for football. The initial movements by him don't look promising. After talking to a body of mine, I have serious doubts about the positive elements for football for the next 4 years. So our ladies team would be very lucky to be 3rd best in Concacaf. I am not even sure they are the 4th best.

For me we are the 5th best team right now. USA and Can were always the top two. In the late 90's there was not much to choose from between T&T and Mex and CR was not a contender. Since then Both Mex and CR have made big improvements and are now clearly better than us. The last WC campaign showed that we can compete with the big four but sadly we have fallen off badly since then.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #293 on: February 18, 2016, 04:34:31 AM »
Cordner tries to settle in front of goal.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

T&T women’s senior team forward Kennya Cordner admits that she needs to become more composed in front of goal while on duty for the national team on the international stage.

Cordner has scored three goals so far for T&T during the CONCACAF Final Round of Olympic qualification in Houston, USA but will have a daunting task to find the target when her team comes up against the United States in tomorrow’s semi final at the BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston with the winner going through to the 2016 Rio Olympics.

The Tobago-born player has had numerous other chances to increase her goal tally in the tournament. She has been getting into good position and her defensive efforts have been commendable. But putting the chances away haven’t been that easy for her.

“I’ve been missing a lot of chances and I know to myself that I have to be more focused and composed in front of goal and just put them away,” Cordner said.

“We had a lot of chances against Guatemala and then also against Guyana and that has been one of our problems, putting away the chances when they come. Hopefully it’s something I can improve on and I will be working more on that aspect of my game to get better.”

Cordner said she was honoured to have continued scoring on the CONCACAF stage.

“For me it’s an honour to score for my country on this stage. It is something I always take pleasure doing and once it can help the team go forward then I am happy.

“I hope we can make a statement and allow women’s football to continue to develop in a positive way. The game on Friday against the US is another huge opportunity for us but we know it will be very difficult game. We will just have to work really hard and see how best we can put up a strong fight in order to get the result.” Cordner added.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #294 on: February 18, 2016, 04:34:42 AM »
Forbes: Good progress for Tobago.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

National senior women’s team goalkeeper Kimika Forbes is applauding her fellow women footballers for making a statement on the talent that continues to come out of the sister-isle.

Forbes has started all three games for the Women Warriors during the current CONCACAF Olympic Qualifiers in Houston and will be looking to produce another solid performance tomorrow against the United States similar to what she pulled off in the 1-0 loss to the Americans in 2014.

Like Forbes, her sister Karyn and striker Kennya Cordner are among players from Tobago who have excelled in the game with the likes of Trevin Caesar, Rundell Winchester, Daneil Cyrus and Kevan George to name a few also featuring on the men’s side following the footsteps of Dwight Yorke and Cyd Gray among others.

“We think it’s a great accomplishment for players like myself, Karyn and Kennya to be doing well in football coming from Tobago. Our aim is to inspire more players from the island to try and excel and to further their education and also move on to greater things,” Forbes said.

“Everytime we step onto the field for the national team it’s a statement and hopefully we can continue to be positive role models for others. Players like Dwight Yorke paved the way for us from Tobago and now we are hoping to continue this trend,” she added.

Forbes currently attends University of Maine Fort Kent in the USA.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #295 on: February 18, 2016, 04:05:34 PM »
Women Warriors Go after history.
TTFA Media.

T&T try to defy the odds in semi-final clash with World Champions

Trinidad and Tobago’s Women senior footballers will be making another attempt to defy the odds and create history when they seek to defeat the United States for a place in the 2016 Rio Olympic Games as both teams face off at the BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston from 7:30pm (9:30pm TT Time) on Friday.

A convincing 5-1 victory over Guyana on Tuesday sent T&T into the semi-finals and their attacking trio of Kennya Cordner, Ahkeela Mollon and Mariah Shade will be banking on their current improving run of form to lead T&T to what would be a major upset as the Americans are reigning world champions and are definite favourites to come away winners. But the game is no stranger to the most unexpected.

“We have to believe that if our best game is good enough then we can get the result that will take us through,” team captain Maylee Attin-Johnson told TTFA Media.

“With our attacking duo of Kennya Cordner and Ahkeela Mollon, we know our capabilities up front are quite good. We just need to stay focused, composed and avoid too many errors in order to try and get the result. I think the longer we can keep ourselves in the match the better it will be. We have showed before that we can compete with the US and there is no reason why we shouldn’t believe the same thing going into the match.

“For a lot of us it could be the last big opportunity for us so it will definitely be a major accomplishment for us to be on the winning end at the end of the game,” Attin-Johnson added.

An Abby Wambach winner separated the teams in their 2015 World Cup qualifier last year but she is no longer playing. Four members of their winning World Cup team have since retired while midfielder Megan Rapinoe and playmaker Christie Rampone are both injured while forwards Amy Rodriguez and Sydney Leroux are pregnant The Americans however can count on Crystal Dunn, Alex Morgan, who plays for the host city’s team Houston Dash, Hope Solo ,World Player of the Year Carli Lloyd and 17-year old forward Mallory Pugh to take them over the hurdle which could see them qualify for their sixth Olympic Games.

T&T , which lost with an under-prepared team to the US 6-0 in December, meantime will be looking to Cordner, Mollon, Shade, Tasha St Louis and Attin-Johnson and hoping that sisters Kimika and Karyn Forbes also bring their A-game on the day. Defender Arin King will have her work cut out as well.

At the last competitive meeting in 2014, Randy Waldrum led the T&T team and he has visited the training sessions twice in Houston and has watched the matches from the stands.

T&T trained once at the Houston Dynamo training centre on Thursday after most of the players underwent recovery treatment the previous day.

“We are going to give it our best shot. Getting to the semi finals was an accomplishment for us but now we have one final opportunity to achieve something great and that is the mindset we will take into the game,” head coach Hood told TTFA Media.

“We have seen the Americans and what they are capable of in their last three games and of course they will be favourites but our task is not beyond us. We will have to stick to our game plan and of course not become flustered during the game which I expect will be very high tempo because the Americans will try to take control from the opening whistle,” Hood stated.

“But again, I believe it is a tremendous opportunity for our team and for the women’s game on a whole and we will go all out to produce a performance that we can be proud of and hopefully it brings us that good or satisfied feeling at the end,” he added.

The BBVA Compass which has a seating capacity of 22.039 is expected to be packed on Friday night with tickets going quickly over the past couple days. Canada takes on Costa Rica in the earlier game of the double header.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 18, 2016, 04:29:35 PM »
What ever happened to the rb Lauren Hutchinson, I think her name is. Is she injured, in school??

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 18, 2016, 04:37:19 PM »
What ever happened to the rb Lauren Hutchinson, I think her name is. Is she injured, in school??

She got injured in our last game against USA in December. She had to have surgery on her knee.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 18, 2016, 05:13:36 PM »

For me we are the 5th best team right now. USA and Can were always the top two. In the late 90's there was not much to choose from between T&T and Mex and CR was not a contender. Since then Both Mex and CR have made big improvements and are now clearly better than us. The last WC campaign showed that we can compete with the big four but sadly we have fallen off badly since then.

In my opinion being 5th best is not good enough. The ultimate goal for the women team is always qualifying for the World Cup/ Olympics..so being content with being anything less than top three will give us low expectations in term of qualifying for the World Cup or Olympics.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 18, 2016, 11:59:00 PM »

She got injured in our last game against USA in December. She had to have surgery on her knee.

What a bummer! She would have been a real help for today's game.

1]; } ?>