April 19, 2024, 05:47:37 AM

Author Topic: 2016 CONCACAF Women’s Olympic Qualifying Championship  (Read 48883 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: 2016 CONCACAF Women’s Olympic Qualifying Championship
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2015, 03:08:01 PM »
Low Warriors turnout before Olympic qualifiers.
By Jonathan Ramnanansingh (Newsday).

Trinidad and Tobago’s senior women’s football team is currently facing a player crisis ahead of the opening round of 2016 Concacaf Olympic qualifying matches.

With team captain Maylee Attin- Johnson and TT ’s leading female goalscorer, Kenya ‘Yaya’ Cordner, still nursing serious injuries, the absence of ace winger Ahkeela Mollon and midfielder Arin King, several of the first team picks in college abroad, and a turnout of just six or seven players at the last few national training sessions at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, team selection for Olympic qualification may pose a challenge this year.

TT are in Group II with regional rivals Antigua and Barbuda, St Lucia and the Cayman Islands. The Women Warriors were scheduled to begin their campaign against Antigua and Barbuda almost two weeks ago but were forced to postpone this meeting due to a tropical storm.

With qualifying matches now scheduled to kick off within the coming weeks, TT seem to be in a spot of bother, since most of the top players are either injured, unavailable or too demotivated to drape themselves in national colours once more.

Mollon, who has opted to refrain from national training due to internal issues with team management, revealed yesterday that several other players share her sentiments and have also chosen to be absent from practice. The winger previously cited issues such as non-payments to players, unavailability of proper training attire and having to take money out of their own pockets to attend training as some of the key problems arising out of the female camp.

These matters, according to the 30-year-old, have now forced some of the girls to stay away from training in a crucial time just days ahead of their opening Olympic qualification matches.

“I really hope this issue between management and some of the players can be solved really quickly because of the upcoming Olympic qualifiers,” said Mollon yesterday. “There are only a handful of players coming out to train and there’s only so much that the local coach (Anthony Creese) can do.

The players are not encouraged at all. Some of them are concerned to speak up for fear of being blacklisted but I am at a place in my life where I have experience playing at the top level and I have to stand for something because I’m 30, and there’s only so much more years I have in me.”

Questioned on Thursday as to what avenue of approach might quell the emotions involved in this touchy situation, general secretary of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TT FA) Sheldon Phillips stated that it will be resolved within the managerial ranks of the team. Efforts to reach coach Creese via his mobile phone yesterday however, proved futile.

But Phillips remains calm about the situation, stating: “The coaching staff is on top of the player pool. We are right now discussing the dates with the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) and we are confident that a player pool (for TT) issue shouldn’t be a concern. The group stage matches will see many of the players who are in college unavailable.

As far as numbers are concerned the coaching staff is on top of that issue and we see no problems. All our players should be available following the group stages.” Mollon on the other hand, continued to shed light further on the situation and revealed that when players take time off from their jobs to represent TT competitively, they are unable to receive monetary compensation from either the Ministry of Sport or their respective employers.

She then reflected on her recent Pan American Games experience in July, where she and two other track and field athletes who are all employed as Athlete Development Officers in the Ministry of Sport, were blanked payments for their three weeks on national duty in Canada.

“When we returned and asked if we would be paid for our time away, we were told that we were on contract and would not be paid,” revealed Mollon. “The stipend promised by TT FA for representation is also yet to be paid to us.

“So we are working for free it seems, and have bills to pay like everyone else. I also asked my superior on work if I would be paid for my time away if I’m selected for the Olympic qualifiers and was again given a negative response.

I took it to management and told them of my situation and nothing has been done.” She also indicated that the last time the Women Warriors played a match together was at the Pan Am Games over two months ago.

Mollon noted that development is taking place throughout the Caribbean and urged TT not to be at a standstill.

“Right now Jamaica women’s team are in a camp in Miami and Haiti had the wonderful privilege of playing the USA earlier this week, but what is being done for women’s football in Trinidad? We must put things in place for our players now. Why wait for next two years to decide to get things organised for World Cup qualifiers.

We need to act now and get the practice games now and begin preparations,” she said.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2015, 03:54:12 PM »
The TTFA is really a disappointment time and time again they are haunt with the same problems and yet they manage to keep their jobs and the same personnels from the old TTFF.

So the ladies dont have a team and they have a tournament around the corner.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Waldrum to arrive in early October
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2015, 07:46:49 PM »
Waldrum to arrive in early October
By Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian)

US-born coach Randy Waldrum is expected to arrive in T&T in the first week of October to pick up coaching duties with the T&T Women Soca Warriors ahead of their Group Two Caribbean Football Union Women’s Olympic Qualifiers and Final Round series in November.

Providing the necessary financial support from corporate T&T comes forward, the T&T Football Association is very likely to host the  Group Two qualifiers in November featuring host T&T, St Lucia, Antigua & Barbuda and Cayman Islands.

After that round-robin series, the group winner will advance to the final round four-team series which the T&TFA is hopeful of hosting as well, and from which the top three teams will advance to the eight-team Concacaf final round event from February 10-21 in Houston, USA next year.

Speaking on the weekend, T&TFA general secretary Sheldon Phillips noted that the T&TFA has been in contact with Waldrum and is awaiting confirmation of the dates when the Group Two qualifiers will be played. “We expect to confirm with CFU the final dates to host both sets of qualifiers, but coach Waldrum should be here to pick up duties by the end of the first week of October.”

Waldrum, who coaches the Houston Dash in the US Women’s Professional League, was last in charge of the women’s team which came within a win of appearing at a first ever Fifa Women’s World Cup in Canada earlier this year, but fell at the last hurdle, 1-0 on aggregate to Ecuador in a continental playoff.

Asked what kind of player personnel Waldrum, who has recently completed his season with Dash, is expected to meet on return to T&T, Phillips said all the local players called up for training and who are not nursing any injuries should be present.

Commenting on recent criticism from national player Ahkeela Mollon over the lack of attention being given to the team, low player turn out and lack of financial support, Phillips said everything was being sorted out.

“We have met with Mollon and discussed the issues she has highlighted and she has since returned to training on Thursday last and is expected to be a major player in the team once more.”

During the preliminary Group One series, Puerto Rico earned nine points from three games, Haiti six , Grenada three and Aruba nil.

Puerto Rico blasted Grenada 12-0; Aruba 9-0 and edged Haiti 3-2. Haiti hammered Aruba 14-0 and Grenada 13-0 in their other matches, while Grenada blanked Aruba 2-0

In Group Three, Jamaica gained six points from two games, trouncing Dominican Republic 6-0 and Dominica 12-0 while in the other match, Dominican Republic clobbered Dominica 11-0.

And in Group Four, Guyana and Cuba ended up with four points each after they both swept aside St Kitts/Nevis (8-0) and (6-0) respectively, but Guyana had a better goal-difference than Cuba hence they advance to the final round while St Kitts/Nevis ended without a point.

The eight-team Concacaf final round event takes place from February 10-21 in Houston, USA next year and the top two finishers will qualify for the 2016 Women’s Olympic Football Tournament that will run from Aug. 3-20 in six Brazilian cities including the host city of Rio de Janeiro.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline jonny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2015, 02:33:47 PM »
Guyana will battle Puerto Rico on November 18 in the final round of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Women’s Olympic Qualifier at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Trinidad and Tobago.

According to a press release, the CFU wrote the Guyana Football Federation (GFF), indicating that they were having major challenges in securing a host for the Women’s Olympic qualifiers.
Nevertheless, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation has now agreed to host the Women’s Qualifiers Final Round.
Guyana, Jamaica and Puerto Rico qualified for the four team playoff by coming out on top of their respective groups.

Group Two winners have not yet been decided, since the group is yet to be played.

http://www.guyanatimesgy.com/2015/10/19/lady-jags-to-face-puerto-rico-on-november-18/

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2015, 03:53:40 PM »
http://www.socawarriors.net/womens-team/16126-waldrum-back-with-women-warriors.html

Some how the enclosed article got missed due to all the other headline news going on

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2015, 06:48:15 AM »
http://www.fifa.com/world-match-centre/international-tournaments/fixtures-results/women/date=20151101/index.html

Funny how FIFA has the upcoming matches for our Senior WNT on their web site and both CFU & Concacaf does not. Concacaf still has 2011 Women's Olympic news on its Women's feed  :banginghead:

Good luck ladies on the 13th  :wavetowel:

Offline jonny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2015, 04:29:50 PM »
No news about the Olympic qualifying matches ?

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2015, 08:48:42 PM »
So is it that the women are playing this Friday the same day as the men?
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2015, 09:43:13 PM »
What's the deal with Randy and Ben Waldrum and not getting their plane tickets to Trini?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2015, 03:20:15 AM »
What's the deal with Randy and Ben Waldrum and not getting their plane tickets to Trini?

Randy is unlikely to return?? at least so I was told.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 03:22:50 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2015, 06:51:36 AM »
So is it that the women are playing this Friday the same day as the men?

Yes the Women are playing this Friday 13th as well on Sunday 15th. The team is in camp in Couva headed up by the teams assistant Coach Anthony. The squad will be playing both games at the Ato Bolton Stadium in Couva. I will update you all on game times as soon as I can.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2015, 07:07:16 AM »
This is a issue we should asked the candidates about. What are their plans to give each national squad EQUAL attention. The MNT getting full attention now because of 2018 WC. The women has an opportunity to go to Rio and is like, whatever ....... Whoever intends to run TTFA should stipulate how they intend to support the 8 women and men national teams for regional and world football.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 11:29:45 AM by Deeks »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2015, 11:00:03 AM »
Randy is unlikely to return?? at least so I was told.
That will be a big loss for the ladies. I thought he was doing a good job with them IMO

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2015, 11:06:52 AM »
The FIFA website link saying the 12th and the 14th. Anyone knows if the games were changed to the 13th and 15th or have they now been changed to the 12th and 14th?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2015, 11:26:46 AM »
This is a issue we should asked the candidates about. What are their plans to give each national squad EQUAL attention. The MNT getting full attention now because of 2018 WC. The women has an opportunity to go to Rio and is like, whatever ....... Whoever intends to run TTFA should stipulate who they intend to support the 8 women and men national teams for regional and world football.
These competitions didn't just sneak up. These dates would have been known long time. Again lack of planning and coordination by the administrators. There shouldn't be a situation where you have to sacrifice one for the other. Geez. All our national teams should be given the requisite support. SMH. November 29th soon come.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2015, 03:01:43 AM »
Women Warriors face St Lucia tomorrow.
T&T Express Reports.

ANTHONY CREESE, the former USA high school coach, will be in charge of the Trinidad and Tobago national women’s football team for tomorrow’s opening leg of a two-match Caribbean Zone Olympic qualifier against St Lucia.

The Women Warriors will be in action the same day Trinidad and Tobago’s senior men take on Guatemala in 2018 World Cup qualification. The T&T Women will play St Lucia twice in Group Two Caribbean playoff, with the winner moving on to meet Group Three winners Jamaica in one of two Caribbean semi-finals to be played next week at the Ato Boldon Stadium.

Group Two matches, originally scheduled for August 21–25 in Saint Lucia, were delayed due to Tropical Storm Erika. Antigua and Barbuda and the Cayman Islands later withdrew and the matches were rescheduled as a two-legged tie in the lead-up to the final round at to be hosted in Trinidad and Tobago.

CFU WOMEN’S OLYMPIC QUALIFIERS

Group 2 qualifier

(Fri, Nov 13)
6 pm — Trinidad and & Tobago v St Lucia, Ato Boldon Stadium

(Sun, Nov 15)
6 pm — Trinidad and & Tobago v St Lucia, Ato Boldon Stadium

CFU FINAL ROUND:

(Wed, Nov 18)
5 pm — Puerto Rico v Guyana, Ato Boldon Stadium
7.30 pm — Trinidad and & Tobago v Jamaica, Ato Boldon Stadium

(Fri, Nov 20)
5 pm — 3RD PLACE PLAYOFF: Losers 1 v Losers 2, Ato Boldon Stadium
7.30 pm — CARIBBEAN FINAL: Winners 1 & Winners 2, Ato Boldon Stadium

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2015, 06:50:27 AM »
Nothing on the new TTFA website about the Women's games this weekend  :cursing: Well if it is I can't find it however no disrespect intended to the men however if Jones or Bateau has a hang nail it's front page news so when are the women going to start getting some respect TTFA  :busshead: It is on the Facebook page of the Women Warrior's with the TTFA logo Front and center. Anyways hope that the Women get the fan support they deserve this weekend. It's time the TTFA starts to give the Women the respect they so rightfully deserve.

https://www.facebook.com/events/743528075751588/

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2015, 08:31:33 AM »
Nothing on the new TTFA website about the Women's games this weekend  :cursing: Well if it is I can't find it however no disrespect intended to the men however if Jones or Bateau has a hang nail it's front page news so when are the women going to start getting some respect TTFA  :busshead: It is on the Facebook page of the Women Warrior's with the TTFA logo Front and center. Anyways hope that the Women get the fan support they deserve this weekend. It's time the TTFA starts to give the Women the respect they so rightfully deserve.

https://www.facebook.com/events/743528075751588/

That's why SWO is the best.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2015, 11:25:12 PM »
So the winner between the 2 games between us and St Lucia will face JA? Is that so? That's how I interpreted it.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2015, 07:10:18 AM »
So the winner between the 2 games between us and St Lucia will face JA? Is that so? That's how I interpreted it.

Yes sir the Reggae Gurlz are awaiting the winner of our games.

Round two :::  Guyana and Puerto Rico , JFF vs ??? , Round 2 will begin on Nov 18th & 20th in Trinidad.

In tonight's match we are the visiting team and we on Sunday evening we are the home team. I am going to assume that the structure is two game aggregate scoring seeing the way the matches are set up (away & home).

Good luck tonight ladies  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2015, 07:45:44 AM »
Wait...so is games on the 13th, 15th, 18th and 20th? Is machines playing...especially as those games were supposed to include flights to and from location.

So qualifications could be done before next weekend???
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 08:00:24 AM by spideybuff »
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2015, 09:35:33 AM »
Flex could you elaborate further on why Randy Waldrun is not likely to return. What does that mean. Till when? When we play US friendlies in Hawaii and Arizona in December, will he be with the team? More info needed.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 09:38:08 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2015, 07:15:23 PM »
Congratulations Soca Warrior Women
Game ended Six nil
4 nil at end of first half.
Have no scoring details

Go get them on Sunday

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2015, 09:10:23 PM »
Congratulations Soca Warrior Women
Game ended Six nil
4 nil at end of first half.
Have no scoring details

Go get them on Sunday

I heard that there were 4 goals by Tasha StLouis and 2 by Akella Mollon.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2015, 10:16:45 PM »
Congrats and big up to de women warriors for de win .... wishing de the entire team best wishes  in yuh next games ... keep the good work.

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2015, 11:23:41 PM »
Great Start for Both our Senior Men and Women's team to kick off there Olympic and W. C qualifying campaign 2night...

I went to the game and watched our Ladies defeat St. Lucia 6-0 earlier tonight at the Ato Boldon Stadium. 4 fantastic Goals from Skipper Tasha St. Louis and 2 From Ahkella Mollon...

And the Icing on the Cake our Men with a brilliant 2-1 win over Guatemala... ‪#‎AhLoveit‬ ‪#‎Warriors‬  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2015, 12:29:11 AM »
Well done ladies!

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2015, 05:39:01 AM »
Congrats on the win Women Warriors!!! Now on to the next victory ;)
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2015, 05:56:10 AM »
Great Start for Both our Senior Men and Women's team to kick off there Olympic and W. C qualifying campaign 2night...

I went to the game and watched our Ladies defeat St. Lucia 6-0 earlier tonight at the Ato Boldon Stadium. 4 fantastic Goals from Skipper Tasha St. Louis and 2 From Ahkella Mollon...

And the Icing on the Cake our Men with a brilliant 2-1 win over Guatemala... ‪#‎AhLoveit‬ ‪#‎Warriors‬  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:
Congrats to the ladies.
Adam Lake, What kind of crowd was at Ato Boldon?

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2015, 06:45:00 AM »

Congrats to the ladies.
Adam Lake, What kind of crowd was at Ato Boldon?

Had around 300 people. Real disappointed with the support especially after the kinda display these ladies put on late last year and after seeing that almost sold out game against Ecuador in HC. I honestly think the TTFA need to promote these games more, apart from facebook posts on there page, there isn't much publicity. These ladies deserve our full respect and support.. Good result for them though.

Still should have been  about 8 or 9-0, they threw away some pretty easy chances... Can't afford to waste those kinda opportunities when we come up against JA

1]; } ?>