March 29, 2024, 07:12:33 AM

Author Topic: 2016 CONCACAF Women’s Olympic Qualifying Championship  (Read 48544 times)

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 CONCACAF Women’s Olympic Qualifying Championship
« Reply #330 on: February 22, 2016, 08:14:46 AM »
My 2 cents

The back 4 looks better when Karen(Baby) Forbes plays in front of them. Never knew her to be a central defender.

We were dropping off the ball too quickly when we lost possession, thus allowing the US time to build their possession and momentum.. It also meant that Cordner and Mollon were too deep and far away from St. Louis when we did get possession back.

Can't wait to see Kayla Taylor in the mix..... She was a fantastic player in the SSFL.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 23, 2016, 08:57:54 PM »
A penny for my thoughts:

Players-too many of the players were not fit showing a lack of discipline on nutrition and preparation. This has nothing to do with TTFA, preparation nor the coach this is each WOMEN looking in the mirror. They, too large a percentage were not match fit which is each persons responsibility.

Coaching-surprised me that he change the formation with such little time to teach and prepare the players for his expectation.  Coach did not look positive on the sideline nor in interviews, he needs to understand he is on global tv and optics are important. Coach was too negative about players mental toughness, it made me think its his mental toughness that is in question not the players. Lastly, his last interview said the team have to rebuild, like this is news but why say that about players that just fought for you. He might be a good coach but he not ready for prime time.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 24, 2016, 09:12:39 AM »
A penny for my thoughts:

Players-too many of the players were not fit showing a lack of discipline on nutrition and preparation. This has nothing to do with TTFA, preparation nor the coach this is each WOMEN looking in the mirror. They, too large a percentage were not match fit which is each persons responsibility.

Coaching-surprised me that he change the formation with such little time to teach and prepare the players for his expectation.  Coach did not look positive on the sideline nor in interviews, he needs to understand he is on global tv and optics are important. Coach was too negative about players mental toughness, it made me think its his mental toughness that is in question not the players. Lastly, his last interview said the team have to rebuild, like this is news but why say that about players that just fought for you. He might be a good coach but he not ready for prime time.

How can they be match fit if there is no league for them to play in ???
That is the responsibility of the TTFA

The only way to get match fit when there is no league, is by playing practice games.
How many practice games(not International friendlies) did the team play ???
That is the responsibility of the TTFA as guided by the Coach

Don't say that it is the ladies to blame at all. They were sold short by the TTFA even before they were selected to represent the country, then to bring in a new coach short of international experience with so little time before the tournament...please

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 24, 2016, 01:27:21 PM »
I ask this again....nobody seems to be giving a response

For an allegedly "broke" Football Federation......where is the $$ coming from to properly support BOTH Mens and Womens football at ALL levels?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 24, 2016, 01:41:27 PM »
A penny for my thoughts:

Seems like each time I tune into a media source, I hear him being slammed for this. One comment seemed to suggest that it transmitted negatively to the players.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 25, 2016, 05:25:52 AM »
A penny for my thoughts:

The only way to get match fit when there is no league, is by playing practice games.

Don't say that it is the ladies to blame at all. They were sold short by the TTFA even before they were selected to represent the country, then to bring in a new coach short of international experience with so little time before the tournament...please

Rastaman

I did not blame the players. Are you suggesting that players will be match fit with practice matches without having previously run at least two/three miles under a specific time, fartlek training workouts, core strength training and utilize proper nutrition?

Our TTFA is CONSTANTLY(hopefully not permanently) in a state of selling our national teams short, the players(men and women) at all levels have to do more on their own. WE the public have to apply as much social and political pressure on the TTFA as possible(not sure how).

You can see my comments on the Coach are against any blaming of the players but the players have to do more for themselves sadly because the TTFA STILL not ready yet. In my opinion some on the team did but not ALL.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 25, 2016, 10:16:15 AM »
A penny for my thoughts:

Rastaman

I did not blame the players. Are you suggesting that players will be match fit with practice matches without having previously run at least two/three miles under a specific time, fartlek training workouts, core strength training and utilize proper nutrition?

Our TTFA is CONSTANTLY(hopefully not permanently) in a state of selling our national teams short, the players(men and women) at all levels have to do more on their own. WE the public have to apply as much social and political pressure on the TTFA as possible(not sure how).

You can see my comments on the Coach are against any blaming of the players but the players have to do more for themselves sadly because the TTFA STILL not ready yet. In my opinion some on the team did but not ALL.
Nah man don't mean to come accross harsh to you....
but there is a difference between fittness and "Match Fittness"

As a coach I know that running 2 or 3 miles does not get you "Match Fit"

My son was the fittest player on his high school team and would barely make it through the first few games because the coach at the time did not play practice games before the season.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 25, 2016, 10:44:10 AM »
A penny for my thoughts:

Well said.

DJW is a very big disappointment.

Since he took over nothing seems to be working.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 25, 2016, 02:13:16 PM »
A penny for my thoughts:

Rastaman

Nah man don't mean to come accross harsh to you....
but there is a difference between fittness and "Match Fittness"

As a coach I know that running 2 or 3 miles does not get you "Match Fit"

My son was the fittest player on his high school team and would barely make it through the first few games because the coach at the time did not play practice games before the season.

Ah like your positive approach to the dialogue. I agree the 2 or 3 miles for total endurance is not match fitness, that's why I mention the fartlek(interval) training to simulate matches. That said practice matches needed so the Costa Rica fiasco and firing Waldrum limiting access to proper competition left us to play a youth team and not a top youth team either. Total fault of TTFA but where are they, we cant find them since the elections.

Anyway we on the same page regarding the TTFA being the source and cause of the problems. BUT what can we do to give our athletes a chance?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 29, 2016, 01:59:31 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-ZdPZl9co_8&amp;featureyoutu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-ZdPZl9co_8&amp;featureyoutu.be</a>

Some of this content appears in written form on the forum, but should be of interest to those who have not read the written version.

1]; } ?>