March 28, 2024, 10:02:40 AM

Author Topic: FIFA freezes TTFA funding; KPMG suspends services while football staff unpaid  (Read 9542 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
TTFA gets $$ help from regional body.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

CONCACAF bailout

CONCACAF has given the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) a bailout loan to cover its administration expenses, following notification on Monday from world football's governing body FIFA, that it had halted funding to the local body until yearly audited accounts are presented.

The TTFA is also in the process of recruiting a new audit firm to comply with that request.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFA gets $$ help from regional body.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

CONCACAF bailout

CONCACAF has given the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) a bailout loan to cover its administration expenses, following notification on Monday from world football's governing body FIFA, that it had halted funding to the local body until yearly audited accounts are presented.

The TTFA is also in the process of recruiting a new audit firm to comply with that request.

Another debt !!!

Wonder if they would have taken out a loan to pay the players the money they owed they since the last Caribbean Cup?

The administration office staff (Phillips, Muhammad, Wallace etc) needs their money.

Two weeks before the game against Mexico and now this, do not be surprise if the game is cancel.

I am just curious, is housing allowance really $21,000 in T&T? where does Phillips live?

On the bright side, I am glad they are working on a new auditing company, I hope things work out, but I would not be surprise if no one wants part of this because of the old TTFF.

Tim Kee is the reason why people are suspicious, because he worked for Jack in the financial department and hide money for him, even if Tim Kee is not doing these things anymore, he is still carrying that shadow.

What I don't understand is why did they hire a company (KPMG) that has been working with the old dirty TTFF in the first place?

The KPMG company was part of Jack Warner regime also.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 06:07:54 AM by Errol »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I just have to smile at the attempts to confuse from facts.
Everyone knows that the TTFA hasn't done its accounts since 2008, according to Rastaman. True. But what does that have to do with FIFA regulations? Is that the TTFA's defence? You know I ent do it so what allyuh asking for it for?
If the audit was supposed to go to FIFA at the end of March, then why is KPMG's departure in June relevant?
And, as I showed in my article looking at the constitution and Tim Kee's specific duties, Jack Warner would never have been able to leave the TTFF/TTFA finances in the state it is in without the help of Raymond Tim Kee.
And why do I mention Tim Kee's other job titles like Mayor of POS and PNM Treasurer?
It is fact and up to readers to decide if it is relevant or not.
For instance, the TTFA has no money coming from FIFA. The TTFA has no money coming from private sector. The TTFA relies almost entirely on taxpayers money. And yet the TTFA president has refused to meet the Minister of Sport, regardless of the impact on his football body.
At this point, some readers might consider Tim Kee's political role to possibly have some bearing with the country on a brink of a general election.
But, if you don't, then just gloss past it and pay it no mind.

Good talk Lasana.

So the TTFA got their 9.9 mill from the goverernment?

They got their Gold Cup prize money, what ever is left from it.

They got FIFA grants until June.

The coaching staff and players are paid by the MOS.

They do not pay a rent.

They didn't pay anything for the PanAm teams.

How come they still broke? where is all the money going and what percentage do they contribte?

They have all these big members and they seem like they are forever struggling in the admin department, how come?

Did they use up th money on their new website and board members?

Maybe Flex can asked the TTFA some of these questions?

As for this latest KPMG drammer, why did they hire the same company Jack Warner dealt with for years?

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
"bailout" in other words, organized crime...

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Everyone knows that the TTFA hasn't done its accounts since 2008, according to Rastaman. True. But what does that have to do with FIFA regulations? Is that the TTFA's defence? You know I ent do it so what allyuh asking for it for?
If the audit was supposed to go to FIFA at the end of March, then why is KPMG's departure in June relevant?
And, as I showed in my article looking at the constitution and Tim Kee's specific duties, Jack Warner would never have been able to leave the TTFF/TTFA finances in the state it is in without the help of Raymond Tim Kee.
And why do I mention Tim Kee's other job titles like Mayor of POS and PNM Treasurer?
For instance, the TTFA has no money coming from FIFA. The TTFA has no money coming from private sector. The TTFA relies almost entirely on taxpayers money. And yet the TTFA president has refused to meet the Minister of Sport, regardless of the impact on his football body.
At this point, some readers might consider Tim Kee's political role to possibly have some bearing with the country on a brink of a general election.

Good talk Lasana.

So the TTFA got their 9.9 mill from the goverernment?

They got their Gold Cup prize money, what ever is left from it.

They got FIFA grants until June.

The coaching staff and players are paid by the MOS.

They do not pay a rent.

They didn't pay anything for the PanAm teams.

How come they still broke? where is all the money going and what percentage do they contribte?

They have all these big members and they seem like they are forever struggling in the admin department, how come?

Did they use up th money on their new website and board members?

Maybe Flex can asked the TTFA some of these questions?

As for this latest KPMG drammer, why did they hire the same company Jack Warner dealt with for years?

Actually, they also received $5 million subvention from MoS.

But they are in a nationwide grassroots programme and the women are in training for the Olympics. Also, I think the U17's are in competition and they have Mexico in a couple of weeks.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
It's notable that CONCACAF can take an action which effectively negates FIFA's position. The rescuing arrangement might point to FIFA's tacit endorsement of the CONCACAF loan.

(Or, maybe someone out there in FIFA world sent CONCACAF the money and CONCACAF will later say doh bother paying "de loan").

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
It's notable that CONCACAF can take an action which effectively negates FIFA's position. The rescuing arrangement might point to FIFA's tacit endorsement of the CONCACAF loan.

(Or, maybe someone out there in FIFA world sent CONCACAF the money and CONCACAF will later say doh bother paying "de loan").

same thing came to mind when I read the article last night.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
Hmmmmmm...I wonder, how much was that loan?

Sancho, do not give these fools any more money. Stick to your constitution. Let Concacaf bail them out until they conform like everybody else.

Look tiny tim's cronies not calling Lasana a liar. What do you know.........

When you read about KPMG, one of the words that jump out at you is "Integrity". They use that word as a punchline. Yet, they have been reported many times and lawsuits filed against them for "Accounting Improprieties". We are talking about an accounting firm still in existence after being either reported or sued back in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, and 2013, and "accounting".

Yet, tiny tim, as vp in charge of funding and financing, was not aware of KPMG's history, and if he was aware of their unscupulous habits, why didn't he say or do something about that, afterall, didn't he state he was his own man? Bullshit. Jack Warner owned tiny toons. Money talks, bullshit walks.

Why would tiny toons hire a company like that? Why not?  KPMG has been doing the ttff's twisted bookkeeping for years and that puts them in an unenviable position of having rich knowledge of the ttff's practices. Why would you change that and run the risk of revealing the truth. KPMG is the perfect front to conceal years of improprieties from curious onlookers like yourself and the TnT authorities. I would be curious to know the reputation and knowledge of this new accounting firm.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 09:26:56 AM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Of course it's organized crime, some people use their family's name to conduct fraud...

They wouldn't try that in Canada or the U.S..

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com

Of course it's organized crime, some people use their family's name to conduct fraud...

Yeah, they would but their chances of getting away with it is slim and none. Unlike Trinidad, your chances of getting away with it is very likely.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

My point is that we all know that fact.
 And it is not a defense for FIFA. The article was not written for FIFA it was written for us the supporting public of TnT. We know that the Audits are not up to date and WE then cannot logically expect that miraculously that the 2014 Audit could be produced

It is revelant because WE all know that it is a work in progress. Whether or not you support Tim Kee can we realistically expect the 2014 Audit to be completed before the previous years ??????
Can someone here with a financial background please answer that one...

In fareness I did not read that article

And in my opinion and only my opinion that it is not relevant in the context of the article.

Ok but to what extent does Sancho's political role have a bearing.

And just to stoke the fire.... to what extent does Sancho's role in the 2006 WC Court Case against the TTFF have a bearing in the relationship ??

I will say it again, the article for me lost its relevance along the way and started to sound like a witch hunt

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
I find Lasana is pushing fire on Phillips alone, was it relevant to use his info?

What auditing company and a man's pay have to do with anything?

Lasana does things for hits and I dont respect that.

He has talent, but he obviously working for someone.

And not that I like Phillips because I find he has fallen off a lot but there are to many staff that does nothing enough and is secretly fighting each other, not to mention a press officer who is AWOL most of the times and then of course the worst David Muhamad.

Focus on all, not one if thats the case.

I dont respect the TTFA for that, to many of the same people and same problems as before.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 09:56:46 AM by Star Child »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Yeah, they would but their chances of getting away with it is slim and none. Unlike Trinidad, your chances of getting away with it is very likely.

brother, these men are a bunch of narcissistic blue crabs that sucking the football dry, and feel they bigger than national football... fuss they ego big...

imagine none of them bringing any money into the football but constantly begging and raping the treasury...

these are the men some idiots on the board here supporting and they so blind, because I warned them about these men a while ago..

now it is coming to pass...

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I find Lasana is pushing fire on Phillips alone, was it relevant to use his info?

And not that I like Phillips because I find he has fallen off a lot but there are to many staff that does nothing enough and is secretly fighting each other, not to mention a press officer who is AWOL most of the times and then of course the worst David Muhamad.

I dont respect the TTFA for that, to many of the same people and same problems as before.

What auditing company and a man's pay have to do with anything?  If only one person is actually getting paid by TTFA, then it is relevant. Also, his package is relevant to the value that he brings and to the affordability of said package.
Remember that Sheldon is virtually running TTFA (and by extension, our national football programmes) virtually single handed. I feel his salary is good value for money. However, if he does receive such a high housing allowance, that may need to be reviewed. There are many very nice houses and apartments available for far less. In that respect, if his allowance was cut to $12,000 p.m., TTFA could hire a full time marketing guy at $9,000 per month.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Football will always suffer if someone without money is incharge.

You need someone that has money to take over.

Any John Doe can come in who have they head on they shoulder and run football if they have the money.

The current TTFA making this job look like some big brain wok, yes, they need money, but a bunch of broke men with bright ideas cannot do anything and what making it worst is they boss is in politics, all of this is a good remedy for failure.

The TTFA needs to find a rich investor, they should look aboard.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

What auditing company and a man's pay have to do with anything?  If only one person is actually getting paid by TTFA, then it is relevant. Also, his package is relevant to the value that he brings and to the affordability of said package.
Remember that Sheldon is virtually running TTFA (and by extension, our national football programmes) virtually single handed. I feel his salary is good value for money. However, if he does receive such a high housing allowance, that may need to be reviewed. There are many very nice houses and apartments available for far less. In that respect, if his allowance was cut to $12,000 p.m., TTFA could hire a full time marketing guy at $9,000 per month.

Very well said.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Any John Doe can come in who have they head on they shoulder and run football if they have the money.

The current TTFA making this job look like some big brain wok, yes, they need money, but a bunch of broke men with bright ideas cannot do anything and what making it worst is they boss is in politics, all of this is a good remedy for failure.

You guys making to much sense Sam.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

You guys making to much sense Sam.

Good idea but won't happen.. In the revised constitution there are certain provisions that require the individual running for Prez to be a resident of TT and also they would need to have held a position in football for 5 years or more, I believe locally. I will check this again and post the requirements..

What would need to happen is an investor would be the de facto president with the local assuming the post... Something to consider, but someone the investor trusts most importantly...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 12:55:47 PM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Food for thought:

Any candidate that wishes to become a member of the Board of Directors shall fulfil the following eligibility criteria:

- Candidates shall have been active in football for at least three years during the five years preceding the election. This activity must have been performed in a managerial or a similar position in the territory of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Candidates may not have previously been found guilty of an indictable offence.
- Candidates shall be nationals of and shall have permanent residence in the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Candidatures for the office of President, Vice-President and ordinary member of the Board of Directors shall be supported by at least one Member. Candidatures for the other positions of the Board of Directors shall be proposed by the Member they represent.
- The candidate for the office of member representing the Women Association must be female.

Article​40​ Candidates for the office of President:

​The President shall be elected by the General Meeting for a period of four years. His mandate shall begin after the end of the General Meeting which has elected him. A President may be re-elected for one term.

​Only Members may propose candidates for the office of President.

​The General Secretariat shall notify the Members of the names of the proposed candidates at least 10 days before the date of the General Meeting.

There are other good provisions in there that would eliminate corruption and also keep the TTFA solid... However, TK can't be re elected.. It would be an epic mistake... The fed needs an overhaul ....

« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 01:26:50 PM by Controversial »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Why all the attack on the TTFA fellas?

They are their own worst enemies.

They are so poorly run that they does end up screwing themselves.

Nobody needs to do or write anything, just sit down and let de TTFA do it to themselves.

Look Tim Kee hire a man because he is muslim, and de man f00cking up since de ole TTFF and still doing it and he can't get fired.

Look we have 12 days remaining till we play Mexico and no one knows whats going on, who is de squad, if Hart coming back, etc etc. Next thing they wait so long and we locals can't get visa's and Hart cant cary a few youths for de experience.

Look Shaun does write for de Guardian more than de TTFA.

How they go hire de same people from de ole TTFF and expect different?

Tim Kee is a mad man.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Star Child, I have written several articles on David Muhammad's abysmal management:
http://wired868.com/2015/06/30/muhammad-fingered-for-warriors-cock-ups-u23s-rush-to-replace-corbin/
http://wired868.com/2015/07/07/tim-kee-vows-to-take-responsibility-for-u-23s-managerial-woes/

And Rastaman, Tim Kee insists on being announced as the Port of Spain Mayor in all his football functions. Maybe you should ask him why he considers it relevant then.
Anyone who believes that the political affiliation of someone does not matter when you are discussing their relationship with another political party... I can only respectfully say that I disagree.
And for those who think this is much ado about nothing, please call the T&T U-15 players who missed their CFU competition and let them know.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Star Child, I have written several articles on David Muhammad's abysmal management:
http://wired868.com/2015/06/30/muhammad-fingered-for-warriors-cock-ups-u23s-rush-to-replace-corbin/
http://wired868.com/2015/07/07/tim-kee-vows-to-take-responsibility-for-u-23s-managerial-woes/

And Rastaman, Tim Kee insists on being announced as the Port of Spain Mayor in all his football functions. Maybe you should ask him why he considers it relevant then.
Anyone who believes that the political affiliation of someone does not matter when you are discussing their relationship with another political party... I can only respectfully say that I disagree.
And for those who think this is much ado about nothing, please call the T&T U-15 players who missed their CFU competition and let them know.

:beermug:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Tim Kee slams negative reporting of TTFA
By JOEL BAILEY (NEWSDAY).

Raymond Tim Kee yesterday slammed what he considers the negative reporting of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) by the national media, as he sought to defend his nearly three-year-long tenure as president of the local governing body for football.

Tim Kee made his feelings known during a lengthy address at the VIP Lounge, Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo, during a media conference which announced the support of NGC CNG Company Limited to the National Super League.

Tim Kee, who took over from Lennox Watson as president of the TTFA in November 2012, has seen a number of debatable issues occur under his watch, including last week’s revelation that FIFA, the global governing body, has put a halt to their annual funding of the TTFA.

The halt arose as a result of the current FIFA investigation by the United States Department of Justice and auditing firm KPMG.

Focusing his attention on the media personnel gathered at the media conference, he noted, “the media plays an important part in anything where there are people and there are those who depend on the media for guidance and information.

“But the emphasis must be on truth,” he emphasised. “Truth and sincere interest in the discipline of the sport in which you report.” Commenting on who he called “a few media people who get ‘kicks’ out of misrepresenting facts,” Tim Kee said, “(they say) things that only infuriate possible sponsors, as I have been told by one or two corporate citizens.”

Tim Kee made it clear that “football does not belong to the TT A. The TTFA are facilitators. Football belongs to the people of this country and therefore there should be respect for all, by all and we pursue excellence in football.”

With regards to the FIFA funding scenario, Tim Kee related, “it was suggested that TT FA was the only Association who suffered that situation with FIFA.” He revealed that he met with one of the senior partners of KPMG who stressed, according to Tim Kee, “the TTFA has done nothing wrong. The TT FA has done all they were supposed to have done.

“TTFA was not the culprit,” he added.

“Nothing that happened was within our control. Accounts for the TTFA were not done since 2008.

“About three to four months ago, (the auditors) had completed 2008, 2009, 2010 and they had completed 2011, 2012 and they were going into 2013, exactly as we had promised the Minister (of Sport Brent Sancho).”

After commending the staff members of the TTFA, as well as technical staff members of the various national teams, for working under dire financial constraints, Tim Kee said, “I plead to you media people, please understand whenever you write something that is negative, the corporate citizens on the outside, who may otherwise be enticed or encouraged to assist, will hold and withdraw.” He continued, “it does not do me anything.

I am completely transient. It does our young people harm because we struggle literally with $5 million a year.” Despite his public feud with the Sports Minister, Tim Kee stated, “we have to give thanks to the Ministry of Sport and the Sports Company.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This turning out to be an interesting "tennis" match. Back and forth.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

You might be right about that but that still does not change the fact as i said before
And in my opinion and only my opinion that it is not relevant in the context of the article.

And what I said was

More and more you sounding one sided.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
the price of a barrel of oil fell under us$40.   and howai said next budget will be based on US$45. p barrel so funding to mos and ttfa may end up being less that expected???

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

You might be right about that but that still does not change the fact as i said before

And what I said was

Is sancho TTFA president? How is Lasana one sided? Unless you stand to gain from TK being in power in regards to Tobago football

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lots of misinformation in your post here.

When you read about KPMG, one of the words that jump out at you is "Integrity". They use that word as a punchline. Yet, they have been reported many times and lawsuits filed against them for "Accounting Improprieties". We are talking about an accounting firm still in existence after being either reported or sued back in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, and 2013, and "accounting".

Yet, tiny tim, as vp in charge of funding and financing, was not aware of KPMG's history, and if he was aware of their unscupulous habits, why didn't he say or do something about that, afterall, didn't he state he was his own man? Bullshit. Jack Warner owned tiny toons. Money talks, bullshit walks.

Every single accounting firm has/had scandals. If you look at the history of KPMG, PWC, EY, Deloitte and the mid-size firms you will find scandals all over the world. All these firms operate in almost every country, and they run as franchises. An analogy I'd use is your experience in a KFC on Independence Square is not the same as a KFC in Japan, even though they're both KFC.

Why would tiny toons hire a company like that? Why not?  KPMG has been doing the ttff's twisted bookkeeping for years and that puts them in an unenviable position of having rich knowledge of the ttff's practices. Why would you change that and run the risk of revealing the truth. KPMG is the perfect front to conceal years of improprieties from curious onlookers like yourself and the TnT authorities. I would be curious to know the reputation and knowledge of this new accounting firm.

KPMG are not TTFF's bookkeepers. KPMG's (or any audit firm) engagement is to audit the work of TTFF's accountants. An audit firm can't both prepare the books and then audit their own work, that's simply not how it works. Most accounting scandals involve collusion between management and the auditors so that the audit firms conveniently allow things to pass, but in those cases and others it's not them doing the bookkeeping - let's not misuse the term.

I'm not defending KPMG though - the lack of due diligence applied to the audit has been well documented, see points 73 through 86 on http://socawarriors.net/federation-news/10495-soca-warriors-question-warner-where-has-the-money-gone.html

--

One thing I haven't seen mentioned recently or in this thread is Kenny Rampersad. This man was Jack Warner's personal accountant and from what I understand, also did some of TTFF's accounting during the JW years. My question for those associating Tim Kee with the Warner era, did he have a relationship with Kenny Rampersad? From everything I've read on the accounting scandal side, it sounded like he (Rampersad) was the key person responsible for hiding / redirecting TTFF/FIFA assets to Jack's personal empire.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 02:12:33 PM by R45 »

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

And what I said was

Is sancho TTFA president? How is Lasana one sided? Unless you stand to gain from TK being in power in regards to Tobago football
I dont understand your point ???????????????????????

My points raised were in regards to this particular article. His responses to the points that I raised did not sound any better the 2nd time around...... maybe it is just me

And no I have nothing to gain directly in regards to Tobago Football except that my 8 yr old might have an opportunity to play age group football.... an opportunity that was denied to his older brother(except for SSFL). If that comes through Tim Kee well I will be happy.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA freezes TTFA funding; KPMG suspends services while football staff unpaid
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2015, 03:52:27 PM »
So I guess the audit is over now that PNM is in power?

1]; } ?>