March 29, 2024, 06:11:52 AM

Author Topic: T&T's richest people list.  (Read 3302 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T's richest people list.
« on: August 29, 2015, 05:01:42 PM »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T's richest people list.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 07:28:46 PM »
source?

I would dispute this (especially from #8 down)

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 07:51:49 PM »
source?

I would dispute this (especially from #8 down)

I would dispute from #1 down.
If the list is accurate I would expect to see Lawrence Duprey featuring prominently on it.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 12:51:46 AM »
Duprey broke!

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 11:09:36 AM »
This is not a real list, and has some political motivation as most of the members are either UNC politicians or UNC financiers.

Flex, I really don't understand the point of posting this and frankly I think it reflects poorly on this website as an administrator especially without a source.

Additionally, given the issues our country had with mass kidnappings around 2004-2005 due to bank insiders leaking financial information of families in T&T, I think this is highly irresponsible.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 11:12:00 AM by R45 »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 12:46:49 PM »
This is not a real list, and has some political motivation as most of the members are either UNC politicians or UNC financiers.

Flex, I really don't understand the point of posting this and frankly I think it reflects poorly on this website as an administrator especially without a source.

Additionally, given the issues our country had with mass kidnappings around 2004-2005 due to bank insiders leaking financial information of families in T&T, I think this is highly irresponsible.
kidnappings? you're living in the past mate. when last you heard of anyone being kidnapped for ransom in trinidad?

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 05:22:28 PM »
kidnappings? you're living in the past mate. when last you heard of anyone being kidnapped for ransom in trinidad?
There are a still a couple a year (3 so far this year), but only 8 years ago there were as many as 155 kidnappings a year (2007). They all miraculously stopped when 4 soldiers and a couple others got busted in 2008 after they kidnapped a US citizen - very little to suggest that we may not see a recurrence again if another group gets organized. If you think this is paranoia or conspiracy, I would suggest you don't appreciate the levels of organized crime in T&T.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 12:36:49 AM »
There are a still a couple a year (3 so far this year), but only 8 years ago there were as many as 155 kidnappings a year (2007). They all miraculously stopped when 4 soldiers and a couple others got busted in 2008 after they kidnapped a US citizen - very little to suggest that we may not see a recurrence again if another group gets organized. If you think this is paranoia or conspiracy, I would suggest you don't appreciate the levels of organized crime in T&T.
miraculously stopped? i think not. methodically yes. i heard from a reliable source that there was a special unit created by patrick manning that moved heavily on kidnappers and put that to bed, but don't quote me.

i also heard that sautt had a lot of input in the leveling of incidents of kidnappings, but what do i know.

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 07:46:12 AM »
miraculously stopped? i think not. methodically yes. i heard from a reliable source that there was a special unit created by patrick manning that moved heavily on kidnappers and put that to bed, but don't quote me.

i also heard that sautt had a lot of input in the leveling of incidents of kidnappings, but what do i know.
I think you're giving our local forces a lot of credit. The breakthrough came after Baja Maharaj was kidnapped and murdered (US Citizen), and they solicited the help of the FBI. That ended up extraditing a whole gang of them, including some soldiers, and broke up the ring. We (TT Gov't) struggled with all the other cases, and there are over 200 kidnapping cases that were never prosecuted and remained unsolved today. The ring that was charged for Maharaj's kidnap/murder was suspected to be responsible for most of the others, but again that was never proven in court.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 02:51:35 PM »

I think you're giving our local forces a lot of credit. The breakthrough came after Baja Maharaj was kidnapped and murdered (US Citizen), and they solicited the help of the FBI. That ended up extraditing a whole gang of them, including some soldiers, and broke up the ring. We (TT Gov't) struggled with all the other cases, and there are over 200 kidnapping cases that were never prosecuted and remained unsolved today. The ring that was charged for Maharaj's kidnap/murder was suspected to be responsible for most of the others, but again that was never proven in court.
as i said before, what do it know.  i don't live in trinidad and i don't pretend that i do. in all honesty i rely heavily on second hand information from people on the ground. so again, what do i know.

Offline Tigger

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2015, 03:01:57 PM »
Propergander List...

Was Monilal, Goopeesingh, Vasant Bharat,  and Ramloganan (just to name a few) main source of riches ?

# 3 Jack Ramoutarsingh Dead bout 5 yrs now...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2019, 12:34:47 AM »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2019, 11:42:29 PM »
Really ? Pretty selective, I must say!

1]; } ?>