March 28, 2024, 03:44:56 AM

Author Topic: TTFA spent $632k  (Read 3123 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
TTFA spent $632k
« on: September 02, 2015, 12:56:39 AM »
TTFA spent $632k
T&T Newsday Reports.

THE TRINIDAD and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) yesterday gave a breakdown of funds gained from Concacaf following requests made by Minister of Sport Brent Sancho.

The TTFA received a total of $639,522.03.

TT MEN’S TEAM - Technical Staff Stipends ($25,493.20), visas ($8,256), Overseas Expenses ($69,559.95), Insurance ($11,164), Transport ($16,300), Catering ($6,408), Players Stipend ($63,733), Medical / Supplies ($31,389), Apparel/ Laundry ($8,630), Refreshments ($810).

ADMINISTRATIVE - Weekly Staff Wages ($3,230), July Staff Salaries/ Services ($197,000), Special Events ($2,100), Transport/Loading/Off Loading - Water ($700), Customs Clearance: Joma ($15,582.67), Bank Charges: Wire Transfers ($195).

U-23 MEN - Accommodation ($3,200), Medical / Supplies ($6,693.50), Apparel/ Kit Labelling ($1,618), Visas ($19,608), Technical Match Fees ($9,807.81), Players Fee ($35,299.46).

WOMEN TEAM - Training Expenses ($907.50), Players Fee ($35,299.46), Technical Match Fees ($11,753.27).

U-20 WOMEN - Apparel ($1,820), Overseas Travel ($9,720), Accommodation ($34,720).

U-17 WOMEN - Insurance ($1,441).

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA spent $632k
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 04:39:24 AM »
This is good stuff. Now people can recognise how much it costs to run teams. I think this will assist TTFA to get sponsors as they will see where their money is going.  :thumbsup:

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 06:19:00 AM »
This is good stuff. Now people can recognise how much it costs to run teams. I think this will assist TTFA to get sponsors as they will see where their money is going.  :thumbsup:

This would be a good motto for Harrison and Sancho to follow, being more transparent.

I think the TTFA should advise Prince Harry that he has a citizen of his country secretly selling players with the ministry of sport. Harrison should be kicked out from T&T, he is a disgrace and contributes nothing, if this was the other way around, a T&T national would have gotten kicked out of the UK a long time ago.

I could imagine, FIFA getting involved, Central FC will be banned.

Sancho is a snake.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 06:21:14 AM by Jack Horner »
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 06:23:12 AM »

This would be a good motto for Harrison and Sancho to follow, being more transparent.

I think the TTFA should advise Prince Harry that he has a citizen of his country secretly selling players with the ministry of sport. Harrison should be kicked out from T&T, he is a disgrace and contributes nothing, if this was the other way around, a T&T national would have gotten kicked out of the UK a long time ago.

I could imagine, FIFA getting involved, Central FC will be banned.

Sancho is a snake.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 09:44:50 AM »
if this is how $632K is spent, something needs to change...

admin salaries                                         $200,230.oo

players stipend/fee                                   $134,331.oo

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 09:51:26 AM »
Very good job by the TTFA for doing this.

:applause:

Lets hope they consistent especially when real money start flowing, when ever that is.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 10:36:39 AM »

Why?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 10:50:52 AM »
Haul yuh...

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 10:51:31 AM »
Congrats to TTFA! Keep it up!

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 11:18:26 AM »

Why?
almost $297k

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 02:03:59 PM »

Why?

if it was TTFA & Co.,Ltd., then admin salaries could be as high as they wish, because they own TTFA, but it is not so, for non profit organizations there are guidelines like 10 - 15 % for admin salaries, keep in mind the bread-winner here is the footballers and not the other way around...

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 02:14:40 PM »

Why?

if it was TTFA & Co.,Ltd., then admin salaries could be as high as they wish, because they own TTFA, but it is not so, for non profit organizations there are guidelines like 10 - 15 % for admin salaries, keep in mind the bread-winner here is the footballers and not the other way around...

So what would you say would be a reasonable salary for the admin staff?  BTW do you know how many people make up the staff?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2015, 04:37:57 PM »

The 15% restriction that you're referring to only applies to the percentage of charitable contributions that can be paid towards administrative costs.  I don't believe the TTFA is a non-profit, and even so, even if the TTFA was a charitable organization, CONCACAF payments are not charitable contributions.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2015, 07:31:06 PM »

The 15% restriction that you're referring to only applies to the percentage of charitable contributions that can be paid towards administrative costs.  I don't believe the TTFA is a non-profit, and even so, even if the TTFA was a charitable organization, CONCACAF payments are not charitable contributions.

"in 18th may 2008 british arbitrator Ian Mill QC ruled that the Soca Warriors (players not admin staff) were entitled to 50% of the profits...

so my point really is after air fare / hotel / insurance etc..  if admin is getting more than the players, it is that practice that the soca warriors took to the privy council and won...

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2015, 07:55:36 PM »

"in 18th may 2008 british arbitrator Ian Mill QC ruled that the Soca Warriors (players not admin staff) were entitled to 50% of the profits...

so my point really is after air fare / hotel / insurance etc..  if admin is getting more than the players, it is that practice that the soca warriors took to the privy council and won...

Isn't that ruling very specific to the 2006 WC Campaign and the promises that Warner/TTFF made to the players in regards to distribution of the financial windfall from the event?

Yuh can't compare the circumstances and arrangements with one team for one very special event to the ongoing management of a national governing body and multiple teams.

Truth be told, the administrative expenses listed here is just a number until we can compare it to the admin costs of other national federations of similar size. Without a relevant benchmark, who is to say that 31% admin fee is too high or too low?

On another note, I would definitely like to see a further breakdown of the $197K in July Staff Salaries/Services. Who is the staff and what are they labeling as services?

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2015, 09:39:01 PM »

Isn't that ruling very specific to the 2006 WC Campaign and the promises that Warner/TTFF made to the players in regards to distribution of the financial windfall from the event?

Yuh can't compare the circumstances and arrangements with one team for one very special event to the ongoing management of a national governing body and multiple teams.

Truth be told, the administrative expenses listed here is just a number until we can compare it to the admin costs of other national federations of similar size. Without a relevant benchmark, who is to say that 31% admin fee is too high or too low?

On another note, I would definitely like to see a further breakdown of the $197K in July Staff Salaries/Services. Who is the staff and what are they labeling as services?

you are seeing correctly that 31% or 197K is just for the month of july, so if 1 mil came in august will the same rule apply?? 

1]; } ?>