April 25, 2024, 12:57:49 PM

Author Topic: Dwight boy, I feel like an outside child  (Read 3722 times)

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
Dwight boy, I feel like an outside child
« on: November 10, 2005, 10:59:53 PM »
trinidadexpress.com

Dear Dwight Yorke, in 1989 I was not old enough to be present at the National Stadium to see you play in that now infamous match against the USA.  However, after the match against Mexico last month, I thought that I could not miss this and subsequently found out that the first leg of the match against Bahrain was to be held on November 12, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. I immediately started to put things in place to attend the match.

- Accommodation

-checked

- Ferry

tickets-checked

- Tickets to the match

-checked...well almost.

You see Dwight, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF), in its wisdom, did not see it fit to sell tickets for this all-important match in Tobago... so I have to get in touch with my family in Trinidad to arrange the purchase. But get this, since they are only allotting four tickets to each person. I therefore have another obstacle to overcome since the number of tickets needed by our group already exceeds four.

Well Dwight boy, I don't know what to think or say. It seems that once again as a Tobagonian I am made to feel like an outside child. Imagine, one of the reasons given for not selling any tickets in Tobago is that previous sales were not encouraging. But if I recall correctly the game against Mexico was a mid-week game, so I don't know how the average Tobagonian was supposed to go to a game like that and then go to work next day. Also, the people at the T&TFF seem to forget that getting to a game in Trinidad is a matter of accommodation, air or sea travel plus the tickets to the game.

Dwight boy, the bottom line is to the people who run things in Trinidad, we only count every five years or so. Other than that, crapaud smoke we pipe.  

However, I do hope you score one for us and I hope to be there to see it, somehow. 

Good luck to you and the team.

Living in Siberia

Mason Hall

Offline darrel3000

• Full Warrior
  • Go T&T Go!
    • View Profile
    • Professional Audio Sales & Live Event Production
Re: Dwight boy, I feel like an outside child
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 01:22:52 AM »
Mason,
sorry to tell you, but yuh have to make these things happen yuhself. YOU sell tickets in Tobago, YOU arrange 'Football' trips to T&T-all inclusive. if YOU don't do, guess what? nobody doin it. become an organizer. negotiate with TTFA, port authority, Bwia or whoever to get what you want. dont use your money, use their money.

"be the efforts of your own thoughts"-Darrel Sukhdeo
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy? You must be the change you want to see in the world.
    -Mahatma Gandhi

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 06:04:23 AM »
Mason,
some of us live in the states and other countries...guess what? We had to make the necessary arrangements to for the game. Lesson.......if you snooze you lose. Complaining is for losers.

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 06:27:02 AM »
 ::)doh get no horrors pardna ah have good news fuh yuh  ;D-....

....yuh is an outside chile :rotfl:

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 06:29:56 AM »
ah have more news fuh yuh breds.... :o

T&T winning and winning big ;) going up de road and down de road.

dat is what really matters rite now! dat is allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll dat matters. :angel:

so get yuh focus :o rite breds.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 06:33:10 AM »
sub1  your comparison of bago to the states outside only goes to show that the sentiments expressed by ttfa are not only limited to them but .... we ppl from bago  r used to it by now so it doesnt bother some of us anymore .
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 06:37:11 AM »
and  d man name ent mason mason hall is a place in bago
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2005, 06:44:24 AM »
yeah, breads, we just have to accept things for what it is. U know, if these same people here who talking them bull-shit were born and grew up in Tobago they will understand.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2005, 06:51:56 AM »
horse, you should send this to all the papers and personaly ge4t someone to ask jack why no ticketrs in tobago....diaz f'king ridiculous!!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2005, 06:54:12 AM »
hard luck dey I now ketch the top...but ah still vex fuh yuh horse!!!!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2005, 08:50:26 AM »
mason take my signature into consideration.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2005, 09:14:32 AM »
I did read somewhere that they only sell 600 tickets in Tobago

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2005, 09:33:53 AM »
sub1  your comparison of bago to the states outside only goes to show that the sentiments expressed by ttfa are not only limited to them but .... we ppl from bago  r used to it by now so it doesnt bother some of us anymore .

Ok then...how much were the people of cedros entitled to or the people from toco. Freak, I am not into the victim business. Being born in or growing up in Bago does not make you an invalid or a victim. Some of the brighter people and financially succesful people i know from the twin island state are from bago. One thing they all had in common was the ability to get up and get.....no victims there. Maybe you need to speak with Robinson , Rowley or Carrington...even Dwight

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2005, 09:43:40 AM »

Ok then...how much were the people of cedros entitled to or the people from toco. Freak, I am not into the victim business. Being born in or growing up in Bago does not make you an invalid or a victim. Some of the brighter people and financially succesful people i know from the twin island state are from bago. One thing they all had in common was the ability to get up and get.....no victims there. Maybe you need to speak with Robinson , Rowley or Carrington...even Dwight

They could easily have decided to sell only in Tobago ;D
Live large and prosper!

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2005, 11:03:30 AM »
what they do to tobago is not new. tobago has representatives in sport and government whose job it is to deal with this kind of problem.

all this negative divisive talk right before one of our proudest moments in history of love and togetherness is not helpful. why cant we just take the time to focus our support to the team and 'vibes it up' instead

dwight yorke and cyd gray are from tobago how you think they will feel if they read the newspapers tomorrow morning and see all this going on. you think they will still feel tuh fight as hard for their country?

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2005, 11:36:22 AM »
this is ridiculous... i goin to email TTFF with that post... this is T&T not just T!!!!

u cyah cater only for Trinidad supporters, cuz Tobago is also part ah d country... madness and lack of execution by the TTFF again... Yorke and Gray should stirke until dey fellow islanders given reasonable access to get to and from the game.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 11:37:53 AM by vibetrini »

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2005, 12:26:57 PM »

True but at the end of the day the bottom line is profit.......thank god the match is showing live....btw you did not respond to the pm i sent you.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2005, 12:29:17 PM »

True but at the end of the day the bottom line is profit.......thank god the match is showing live....btw you did not respond to the pm i sent you.

Sorry just saw your response........I must say you know players and that your weak point is coaches :D

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2005, 01:27:19 PM »
One day yuh goh understand dat one .... ah eh goh put it past yuh!!!! Go T! ;D ;D ;D
Live large and prosper!

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2005, 01:36:22 PM »
I was telling padnah that the solution to this problem was etickets that you collect at select locations. You could limit numbers and sell based on previous purchases. Then he point out that not everybody have access to the internet so hat shafting the small man. No matter how the TTFF decide to sell the ticket somebody will get shaft. That is just a fact of life.

Solution: Go by courts take out a real big TV cook a pelau and buy some beers. Charge yuh boys!!!!! Return it after the game.  :devil: :devil: :devil:
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2005, 01:37:39 PM »
what was wrong with kfc selling the damn thing
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2005, 04:19:55 PM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_sports?id=114770988

what was wrong with kfc selling the damn thing

I must give jack he jacket...this ticket selling things wasa general imrovement.  1st he realize kfc was only a setta fren ting, and tickeds sell out before kfc even open dey doors. 2nd south get a venue to buy tickets and 3rd according to the link ont op even tobago get a lil shake...so you coulda doo better, but good try jack!!!

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2005, 11:12:12 PM »
Mason,
some of us live in the states and other countries...guess what? We had to make the necessary arrangements to for the game. Lesson.......if you snooze you lose. Complaining is for losers.

Understand this my friend - the country is called Trinidad AND Tobago, not Trinidad and the States and other countries.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2005, 11:15:41 PM »

My friend don't you know that Cedros and Toco are in TRINIDAD, Tobago got only 600 tix TRINIDAD got the rest that includes folks from Cedros and Toco.
just another outside child.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2005, 11:29:06 PM »
I know it woulda have nuff drama wit dis ticket ting and more dan 3/4 of de country (yes...Trinidad AND Tobago) feel dem entitle to be at de game so it woulda bong to have people gettin leff out.

What I do know is Jack Warner was interviewed today and said with regards to the Tobago situation, they based it on historical sales as well as perceived demand for this game.

He said in all the games prior to this one, they would allocate 200 tickets to Tobago and 10 % of those tickets would end up getting sold.

The simple fact is.....everybody want to be a part of the occasion and dat not physically possible.  Tobago have it harder because purely because of de cost of transportation between the two islands.  When I saw the package price for Tobago of $200 I say daz a real good deal.  I assumin dey goin by de boat but still is a good price no matter how yuh look at it.

Tobago does justifiably feel neglected but in this scenario, TTFF, LOC etc were always going to be in a no win situation.  Hopefully that does not translate to the result on the field.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2005, 11:54:33 PM »
I am assuming that entry into the game is by tix sales only. If I am right then there is no reason why Tobago should not have more allocated. However, in the event sales in Tobago are slow, the unsold tix can be flown to POS to be available an hour or so prior to game time, for the many last minute warrior fans including those of you who are  flying in from the States as I write. Problem solved. What I have just described is quite normal for events like this. Also, Mr. Warner's statement is stupid, most Trini's did not expect us to beat Mexico, so even they didn't feel compelled to support, but the reality is that we are in a "real" position to make the WC, and as a Tobagonian I know for a fact that almost every Tobagonian wants us to make it, if only for Dwight and Cyd.

Let me add, because of the additional costs associated with going to the game for Tobagonians, it is difficult for most Tobagonian to afford to go support OUR warriors, as a Trinidadian in Trinidad you cannot understand how frustrating it is for us, we want to be there, but because of the additional expense we can't. Now i know some of you may add that well we are Trinidadians in the States , and we can't, so Tobagonians shouldn't complain, but guess what - Tobagonians in Tobago can't afford (no fault of their own) to go support OUR team in OUR country.

1]; } ?>