March 28, 2024, 02:17:02 PM

Author Topic: Don't be surprised if we beat top 10 FIFA ranked teams in the future...  (Read 4403 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
With the talent we have, don't be surprised if we beat some top 10 squads, providing we have our full team and have the right prep.

Hart will take this team to the promised land with the right prep. I have no doubts in my mind about that.

Our next step is to get the money to fund this team and start playing teams like Brazil and France. We have the talent to do it, we have a coach who is a football whiz but needs the support.

This team is slowly building confidence to play big sides. They can play with them and compete and win. If we were prepped and had our full team, playing Argentina a second time around would be a different scenario.

Fear God ... Not the opponent you play...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 07:09:30 AM by Controversial »

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Don't be surprised if we beat top 10 FIFA ranked teams in the future...
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 07:09:53 AM »
Congrats to the team and especially the coach who has identified some of the problem. This is a work in progress. we need games and some foreign input plus games in T&T to rekindle the warrior spirit among the home fans

Offline panterry1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 08:34:17 AM »
Let's take one step at a time Please!!. If you have been following the socawarriors under Mr Hart you see that their is a growing confidence.  But this is not the time to be talking about beating top 10 teams.  Our focus should be WCQ.  When that happens so be it.  But if it happens at the expense of qualifying then there is no use.   

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 09:56:50 AM »
Let's take one step at a time Please!!. If you have been following the socawarriors under Mr Hart you see that their is a growing confidence.  But this is not the time to be talking about beating top 10 teams.  Our focus should be WCQ.  When that happens so be it.  But if it happens at the expense of qualifying then there is no use.   

Not everyone has the foresight or vision to see ahead... I was the first man over more than a decade ago to call for Hart as coach, before anyone else on here, so yes I follow Hart and his progress...

I also know Hart wants our team to be in the top 20 in the world.. His goals are big, not small, beating those teams are always on the back of his mind and taking us to the big dance...

Be a visionary ... Think big...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 07:42:50 AM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 09:57:18 AM »
Congrats to the team and especially the coach who has identified some of the problem. This is a work in progress. we need games and some foreign input plus games in T&T to rekindle the warrior spirit among the home fans

That will come with time...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 10:24:32 AM »
hyo..we tied Mexico, don't be fooled by the result the boys managed.. we did not beat or out play Mexico. The boys (and staff)worked their tail of and got a result. Now is not the time to step on clouds.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 10:28:22 AM »
hyo..we tied Mexico, don't be fooled by the result the boys managed.. we did not beat or out play Mexico. The boys (and staff)worked their tail of and got a result. Now is not the time to step on clouds.

In order to step on clouds you must imagine them first and have the self confidence to reach that level.... All the players need is faith the size of a mustard seed... Self belief...

Online lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 10:34:00 AM »

is contro dais par for d course wit he.....if we did loose was goin and be all kinda shit bout mediocrity.............narcissistic attention whores narcissistic and like attention...dey cyar help it :laugh:
I pity the fool....

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 12:08:07 PM »

is contro dais par for d course wit he.....if we did loose was goin and be all kinda shit bout mediocrity.............narcissistic attention whores narcissistic and like attention...dey cyar help it :laugh:

Fellahs like you always strive for the lowest low but feel dey is the hardest hard...

Why all the negativity? Insecure maybe?

Since when is constructive criticism a bad thing, when you know the team can do better..

You like the title of perennial underachievers ...

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 12:12:29 PM »
We already jumping way ahead of ourselves. Two draws against Mexico have man feeling so happy to make these type of posts. We did not dominate Mexico, we did not beat them. We have not even put together some months of executing consistent top quality football that will lead us into this type of assessment that is being made by the original poster.

Allyuh go ahead and jump and wave and don't focus on the problem we have with our defense.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2015, 12:16:23 PM »
We already jumping way ahead of ourselves. Two draws against Mexico have man feeling so happy to make these type of posts. We did not dominate Mexico, we did not beat them. We have not even put together some months of executing consistent top quality football that will lead us into this type of assessment that is being made by the original poster.

Allyuh go ahead and jump and wave and don't focus on the problem we have with our defense.

Positive thinking brother.. Try it sometimes... We have a lot of work to do but Hart has us progressing along the right path...

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2015, 12:35:43 PM »
You need to stop behaving like a child in a candy shop after we draw a game. Everyone is telling you there is NOTHING that has happened to convince anyone we will start beating top 10 ten teams anytime soon but you here talking about positive thinking. Try not to embarrass yourself  :rotfl:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2015, 12:41:36 PM »
You need to stop behaving like a child in a candy shop after we draw a game. Everyone is telling you there is NOTHING that has happened to convince anyone we will start beating top 10 ten teams anytime soon but you here talking about positive thinking. Try not to embarrass yourself  :rotfl:

Everyone is entitled to their opinions.... Note my title stipulates future... Some idiots can't read and comprehend, far less see past the next hour..

Myopic and narrow minded... Didn't expect more from you guys anyway

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2015, 04:07:17 PM »
Jeez...why so much hate and negativity on Controversial post???

The man not saying anything that this site was created for over 16 years ago.

This IS the Soca Warriors fan-site, right?   ;D
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2015, 04:51:45 PM »
Believe is your team son!  :salute:

Offline panterry1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2015, 05:04:39 PM »
As you can see I have only made a few post on this site. But don't be fooled, I have be keeping abreast with T&T soccer for many years, and their is nothing wrong with being critical about where we are and how we can improve as a soccer nation. Being critical is not being negative.  It is what's required to achieve goals.  I bet if you ask Heart what's the goal for the soccer team right now, he would not tell you that it is to be top 20, but to qualify for the World Cup. 

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2015, 01:13:27 AM »
We have an amazing team and I'm proud of the boys. They all did worked hard.

One weakness I saw in the team though is their ability to maintain the lead. I think again it comes down to fitness and composure in the final minutes. We must work on that.

Another thing I notice is a lot of our opponent's opportunities are coming from the right. I love Daniel Cyrus, he's a true warrior with great attitude, but I feel like he needs to step up on that right side. Too many times offensive players pass him and get crosses in our box. But again, great player, just needs to work on fitness and composure.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2015, 06:11:11 AM »
a confidence, hustle, pressing and knock ive never seen before in tnt football (i wasnt around in strike squad days)...of course there's room for improvement but is just to notice the marke difference in those things a mentioned there...to me its amazing...

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2015, 08:30:40 AM »

Totally agree with sando prince...n this BS about not beleiving in your team or being more positive is all cliche n pure f******

yes we are improving as a team. Good individual performances by some younger players coming through.
But 2 draws n one of them vs a weak mexico team and we talking top 10 teams in the future??????
come on...let's not be naiive

we have a longgggggggggggggggggggggggggg way to go before reaching "the promised land"

btw...WTF is the promised land?!???  that is such a soundbyte and makes no damn sense.
I support the warriors but i'm realistic.

So to cry down ppl for being "negative" is madness.
Seems as if those ppl saying that have tunnel vision and think prayers alone gonna make us improve as a team.

come on. wake up. that soundbyte and positive talk does not help the team
Im not saying to be negative, but be realitic.

let's beat usa and mexico regularly n jamaica as a matter of fact b3fore we even talk top 50!

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2015, 08:56:58 AM »
Contro has a track record of making these kind of posts to get our blood hot lol (anyone remembers his crusade for the inclusion of Kerwyn Ḧardest"Jemmott??)    i do agree with the general thrust of his post however.  this team is capable of beating teams in concacaf.  we have shown that we can score against any side...the problem is getting the defense in order i.e. defending as a team and as a unit.

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2015, 09:16:36 AM »
Contro has a track record of making these kind of posts to get our blood hot lol (anyone remembers his crusade for the inclusion of Kerwyn Ḧardest"Jemmott??)    i do agree with the general thrust of his post however.  this team is capable of beating teams in concacaf.  we have shown that we can score against any side...the problem is getting the defense in order i.e. defending as a team and as a unit.

Wait nah..."Controversial" is really "TrueTrini" in disguise???  But WDA??  bwahahahahahahahaha

I remember that fella use to real be on this board pushing hard for Kerwyn "Hardest" Jemmott back in 2005 and 2006 to be included in de team... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2015, 09:32:37 AM »

Wait nah..."Controversial" is really "TrueTrini" in disguise???  But WDA??  bwahahahahahahahaha

I remember that fella use to real be on this board pushing hard for Kerwyn "Hardest" Jemmott back in 2005 and 2006 to be included in de team... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

No boy... Controversial is Trinifinite

Truetrini never push for Hardest
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2015, 09:44:17 AM »

No boy... Controversial is Trinifinite

Truetrini never push for Hardest

Ohhh yes, you're right.  Sorry...I got the names mixed-up.  Now I remember "Trinifinite".  :beermug:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2015, 09:49:26 AM »
Honestly speaking, I think everyone is realistic about our play. We have played the top concacf team twice and came out with a draw. And some of us feeling real confident, so much so, that they think the MNT could beat Germany?  Why not? That is how fans think. There is this confidence in them, that they will spend their money to go to the end of the earth to see their team play and win or lose. Just look how the Brits fans go all over the place and they win nothing. Now if players get carried away, then I can see the concern for swell headedness. But even with that, the players themselves must have a certain amount of confidence that they can beat any team. Or else they should stay home. I does tell Contro. straight, he not making sense when I disagree. But he is one of the forumites who have this sense of positive thinking, down with the negative thinking. Maybe he is from the Phil Jackson camp. A zen master and does probably do some serious yoga. As long as Hart has the players grounded and ready for games, that is what matters most.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 02:36:30 PM by Deeks »

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2015, 12:04:34 PM »
i vote for abandoning this thread
n have it deleted or thrown into the abyss of total and utter BS

i not saying it to offend sorry. but it baffling to beleive anyone can think we could run up against a top 10 team soon.
we improving but oh gosh man.....

he cant be serious...really
blind supporting.

we all deserve a red card for replyinG!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2015, 12:22:58 PM »
Mr Contro

This post is not cool.  No one is saying that you cannot have hopes an aspirations for our national team to do well.  But there was nothing in those games vs Mexico to suggest that we can compete vs any top 10.  Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Jamaica played competent and combative games vs three tough South American teams in South America, beat USA in USA, and created history by qualifying for the Gold Cup Final, yet still lost to Nicaragua at HOME.

All we did was draw vs Mexico twice, a team that we had an excellent record against at home for the last 15 years. 

Hart is doing good work, we are removing the shackles of inferiority vs these teams, but the world cup qualifiers should be our focus, NOT a pie in the sky victory vs "top 10 side"

NB: We beat a side ranked #4 in the world already and it got us nowhere.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2015, 01:09:27 PM »
Contro is right in my mind it is possible for Hart to beat a top 10 ranked team...he is well organized...he has players with basic skills and very good athletic ability.

Hart studies the game and studies his opponents. He needs help!

He needs help in getting quicker and more decisive ball movement...players must to be more fit..

He has succeeded in organization with the ball...now we have to become more tactical without the ball..we have to improve in defensive midfield, and set plays..

luck was on our side for two of our goals...we may not be so lucky next time.

And I am saying it again...Jam Michael Williams is not fit!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2015, 02:54:47 PM »
Azzuri and Andre, this post deserves to be here as much as every other post. It may be ridiculous to some, but it is a fan's(fanatic) opinion. Toot your horm, brag and boast, be a waggonista. When your team get creamed, drink a petit quart and take "fatigue in your arse". this is supposed to be a democratic website. At this moment, I dont' think our MNT are capable. But if Hart manages to guide this team to Moscow, I honestly believe we can beat, if not top ten, but top 20. But at this moment I don't see that. I think Hart and these players know their limitations. I just wish we could get to play this top 10, top 20 teams in the FiFa friendly dates. Even if it is their B team. Now I think this Tuesday is a FiFa date(correct) me. It would have been nice to play one of these team. If not, it woud have been nice to get the local players a game against anyone of the island teams. Vincy, Grenada, Aruba. It would give Hart a little more time with the local who are on the squad.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2015, 04:13:58 PM »
let's see, according to fifa's men ranking sept 3rd 2015
1/  argentina         6/ Portugal             26/ mexico
2/  Belgium           7/ Romania             28/ usa
3/  Germany          8/ chile                   39/ costa rica
4/  Colombia          9/ wales                 52/ jamaica
5/  brazil              10/ England              54/ Trinidad & Tobago

the journey of a 1,000 steps begins with the first step.  lao Tzu...

Online lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2015, 04:42:59 PM »
I have no problems with contro having dreams, is jus dat dey unrealistic (for now), and what does irk mih is d bipolar nature of how he reacts to the teams fortunes..........all kinda expectation when dey win ah few, den completely shit on d effort when dey loose......even when they fought as hard as they could..........dias nonsense and it does be a regular occurance
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>