April 18, 2024, 09:36:57 PM

Author Topic: the Dinesh Ramdhin thread  (Read 3795 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
the Dinesh Ramdhin thread
« on: September 05, 2015, 11:27:29 AM »
http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2015-09-05/wicb%E2%80%88fires-ramdin

Published:
Saturday, September 5, 2015

Wicketkeeper batsman Denish Ramdin ...replaced as West Indies Test captain.
BRIDGETOWN, Barbados—Wicketkeeper Denesh Ramdin has been axed as Test captain after just 15 months in charge and replaced by rising star and One-Day skipper Jason Holder, for the tour of Sri Lanka next month.

The 23-year-old, who has played eight Tests and 33 One-Day Internationals in his fledgling career, will lead a 15-man squad for the October 14 to November 12 series which comprises two Tests, three One-Day Internationals and two Twenty20s.

Long identified as a future leader, Holder was handed the reins of the One-Day team last January and managed to impress with the way he handled the unit.

As a result, the West Indies Cricket Board said yesterday the recommendation by the Clive Lloyd-chaired selection panel to make him Test captain, had been “endorsed unanimously” by directors, during a teleconference last Wednesday.

“The Directors discussed the recommendation put forward by the selectors. We have all seen Jason’s clear leadership potential and believe he can perform an excellent job for West Indies cricket over many years. We congratulate him on his appointment,” Cameron said in a release.

“We would like to thank Denesh for taking on the responsibility of leading the Test side over the last 15 months. He remains an integral part of West Indies cricket and will continue to have a vital role in our Test side.”

Under fire after replacing veteran all-rounder Dwayne Bravo as ODI skipper, Holder endured a further baptism of fire when West Indies were hammered 4-1 in the five-match ODI series in South Africa last January.

Holder also had a rough start at the ICC World Cup the following month when the Windies were upset by Ireland in their opening match but his performance proved pivotal as they came back strongly to reach the quarter-finals.

A lanky seamer and right-handed batsman, Holder showed his mettle with both bat and ball during the tournament and Lloyd said he had done enough during his short stint to prove he was fit to lead the Test unit.

“He is a young man that all of the selectors, people in the Caribbean and worldwide believe has several of the qualities that can take our team forward,” the legendary former West Indies skipper said in the release.

“We felt the time was right for a change and we feel he will do as well as he did when he was elevated to the position of One-day International captain ahead of the World Cup.

“We had a number of detractors when he was appointed ODI captain, but he showed during the ODI series in South Africa and the World Cup that he had the qualities that were needed to take our team forward.”

Though he broke into the team as a seamer, Holder’s batting has improved significantly in the longer version where he has already scored a Test hundred and two half-centuries, and averages 34.

His unbeaten 103 against England last April came in difficult circumstances on the last day of the opening Test in Antigua when he managed to scramble a draw for the Windies.

And last June, he stroked a flamboyant unbeaten 82 from just 63 balls in the second Test to prop up the West Indies batting.

The 30-year-old Ramdin, meanwhile, was appointed to the role in May last year, replacing the long-serving Darren Sammy. He led West Indies in 13 Tests—winning four, losing seven and drawing two.

As captain, he managed 472 runs at an average of 22, and a highest score of 57.

Lloyd said the decision to remove Ramdin was with the view of getting more from the player with the bat, and said he had spoken to the veteran of 69 Tests about his new role in the side.

“I have spoken to Denesh and he understood the situation and there was no animosity,” said Lloyd.

“We just want him to perform a little bit better right now, particularly with the bat, and give of his best and support the new captain.”

Barbados left-arm spinner Jomel Warrican is the only new face in the side, with the uncapped all-rounder Carlos Brathwaite also included.

Warrican, 23, took 49 wickets at nearly 15 runs apiece during the first class season.

Opener Rajindra Chandrika has been retained despite getting a ‘king pair’ in his debut Test against Australia last June while the pair of Kyle Hope and Shane Dowrich, who also made their debuts against the Aussies recently, have been again included.

The squad will undergo a preparation camp in Bridgetown from September 20 before departing for Sri Lanka eight days later. (CMC)
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ramdhin axed as WI Captain
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 02:57:54 PM »
The women's captain got the boot as well...and rightfully so. She was pulling stones for a long time..

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 09:11:58 PM »
The women's captain got the boot as well...and rightfully so. She was pulling stones for a long time..

Ah understand and agree wid yuh eh, but to take this one literally is hilarious  :rotfl:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 09:59:14 PM »

Ah understand and agree wid yuh eh, but to take this one literally is hilarious  :rotfl:

;D ;D

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 12:23:50 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2015-09-09/wipa-resignation-may-have-hurt-ramdin

WIPA resignation may have hurt Ramdin

Vinode Mamchan
Published:
Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Denesh Ramdin resigned from WIPA.
The fact that wicketkeeper/batsman Denesh Ramdin resigned from the West Indies Players Association (WIPA) may have cost him his job as captain of the West Indies Test team.

This according to former West Indies manager Omar Khan who says that he understands that many of the senior players have resigned from the players body after they again negotiated a poor contract for them

Khan said: “It is alleged that a number of senior West Indies players have resigned from the Players Association (WIPA) with Ramdin being one of them, and it seems as if this has cost him the captaincy.”

Ramdin was replaced by ODI captain Jason Holder last week as captain of the Test team for the upcoming tour of Sri Lanka. The West Indies play two Test matches, three ODIs and two T20s on this tour and Holder will take charge of both the Tests and the ODIs, while a T20 captain is yet to be confirmed. Whether the West Indies selectors continue with St Lucian Darren Sammy or choose another candidate is yet to be seen. Opener Kraigg Brathwaite will serve as deputy to Holder for the Test series.

Khan continued: “The relationship between the WICB and the WIPA is known to be very close and it may have been the thinking of the board that they needed their Test captain to be a member of the players body. I hope that this is not the case because if it is, then it is a very sad state of affairs.”

Ramdin was one of the players who aborted the West Indies tour of India last October over a payment structure dispute between WIPA and the WICB. 

“I cannot understand how they could have removed Ramdin from the post of captain. He skippered in 14 Test matches, won four, lost seven and drew three. This record was not bad given the fact that he was rebuilding a team,” added Khan.

“All the other international teams have given their captains time to build their squad and it is unfortunate that Ramdin’s tenure has been cut short. The WICB has failed in terms of preparing their leaders. When you look at the other countries, they send their captain and those who they think could become leaders to seminars to develop them. This is not done at the WICB, they just ignore this and once they continue to operate in this manner our cricket will continue to be in the doldrums.”

Khan said he was totally puzzled at the current situation and would like those involved to come clean. “The WICB sends out a press release stating that the directors of the board unanimously agreed to remove Ramdin based on a recommendation from the selectors. Yet one of the directors Azim Bassarath comes out and says that he knew nothing of this and is not supporting the move. At the moment people are trying to fool the people of the Caribbean and it is about time someone speaks the truth.”

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 07:07:20 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2015-09-09/wipa-resignation-may-have-hurt-ramdin

WIPA resignation may have hurt Ramdin

Vinode Mamchan
Published:
Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Denesh Ramdin resigned from WIPA.
The fact that wicketkeeper/batsman Denesh Ramdin resigned from the West Indies Players Association (WIPA) may have cost him his job as captain of the West Indies Test team.

This according to former West Indies manager Omar Khan who says that he understands that many of the senior players have resigned from the players body after they again negotiated a poor contract for them

Khan said: “It is alleged that a number of senior West Indies players have resigned from the Players Association (WIPA) with Ramdin being one of them, and it seems as if this has cost him the captaincy.”

Ramdin was replaced by ODI captain Jason Holder last week as captain of the Test team for the upcoming tour of Sri Lanka. The West Indies play two Test matches, three ODIs and two T20s on this tour and Holder will take charge of both the Tests and the ODIs, while a T20 captain is yet to be confirmed. Whether the West Indies selectors continue with St Lucian Darren Sammy or choose another candidate is yet to be seen. Opener Kraigg Brathwaite will serve as deputy to Holder for the Test series.

Khan continued: “The relationship between the WICB and the WIPA is known to be very close and it may have been the thinking of the board that they needed their Test captain to be a member of the players body. I hope that this is not the case because if it is, then it is a very sad state of affairs.”

Ramdin was one of the players who aborted the West Indies tour of India last October over a payment structure dispute between WIPA and the WICB. 

“I cannot understand how they could have removed Ramdin from the post of captain. He skippered in 14 Test matches, won four, lost seven and drew three. This record was not bad given the fact that he was rebuilding a team,” added Khan.

“All the other international teams have given their captains time to build their squad and it is unfortunate that Ramdin’s tenure has been cut short. The WICB has failed in terms of preparing their leaders. When you look at the other countries, they send their captain and those who they think could become leaders to seminars to develop them. This is not done at the WICB, they just ignore this and once they continue to operate in this manner our cricket will continue to be in the doldrums.”

Khan said he was totally puzzled at the current situation and would like those involved to come clean. “The WICB sends out a press release stating that the directors of the board unanimously agreed to remove Ramdin based on a recommendation from the selectors. Yet one of the directors Azim Bassarath comes out and says that he knew nothing of this and is not supporting the move. At the moment people are trying to fool the people of the Caribbean and it is about time someone speaks the truth.”

Question......wasn't Omar Khan one of the false papers men?
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ramdhin gets the axe?
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 08:47:28 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2016-07-07/ramdin-out

Published:

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Denesh Ramdin

West Indies first choice wicketkeeper/batsman Denesh Ramdin has claimed in a Twitter rant that he has been sacked from the Test squad for the upcoming four-match series against India.

In a series of tweets on the popular online social networking service on Tuesday, the T&T gloveman informed his followers he would not be a part of the series after the “new chairman” of selectors told him that his average was not good enough.

Former Barbados captain and West Indies wicketkeeper, Courtney Browne, last month took over chairmanship of the selection panel from legendary former West Indies captain Clive Lloyd.

While not referencing Browne by name, Ramdin tweeted his apparent anger over the decision, pointing out that his last two innings on last year’s tour of Australia resulting in half-centuries.

“Last two innings over 60 vs Australia down under but not good enough to play anymore,” the 31-year-old said.

Ramdin averages 25 from 74 Tests with four hundreds, the last coming 2-1/2 years ago against New Zealand in Hamilton.

The right-hander has struggled with the bat in his last 11 Tests over a 12-month period, averaging just 22, but showed signs of form in his last two innings on the tour of Australia, gathering 59 in Melbourne last December and 62 in Sydney last January.

Runs aside, Ramdin has taken 212 catches and effected 12 stumpings.

The West Indies Cricket Board are yet to announce a squad for the series set to run from July 21 to August 22. (CMC)

Denesh Ramdin:

“What a rainy day, lil heads up for shotta 80 fans wouldn’t be playing in test series vs India. New chairman says my avg isn’t gud. Life goes on man God is great, what I haven’t done in my test career for sure is dropping any batsman to score a double hundred vs WI.”

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ramdhin gets the axe?
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 11:37:37 PM »

Hmm it look so yes

Ah see it on my FB wall earlier. Ja media published http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Ramdin-claims-he-has-been-sacked-for-India-series_66329

Ramdin claims he has been sacked for India series

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ramdhin gets the axe?
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2016, 01:09:14 PM »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
the Dinesh Ramdhin thread
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 09:43:28 PM »

Ramdhin looking for Test recall

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sports/ramdin-still-eyeing-test-recall-following-t20-retention_130928?profile=1513

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad (CMC) — Seasoned wicketkeeper/batsman Denesh Ramdin says he is still hopeful of making a Test comeback, especially after being retained in the West Indies Twenty20 squad for the Rest of the World XI fixture in London next month.

The 33-year-old returned to the international side for the first time in 17 months earlier this month when he toured Pakistan for the historic three-match T20 series in Karachi.

His selection came against the backdrop of his heavy scoring in the first-class season when he piled up 799 runs at an average of 61, including three centuries.

And following a decent series against Pakistan, the Trinidadian told NewsDay he was now eyeing a return to the Test arena, which was his preferred format.

“My job was to go out and make a lot of runs and I think I did that. That is my part and hopefully the selectors can do their part now,” said Ramdin, who was axed from all formats in 2016.

“I'm just waiting on the call to play Test match or T20. Whichever one, I'm happy to go out and play. Test cricket is the ultimate. Once I get back there, I would like to continue where I left off in Australia where I had some good performances.

“We have some good cricket coming up in the next few months and hopefully if I get my opportunity I will go out and do my best.”

Sponsored Links
Play this Game for 1 Minute and see why everyone is addicted
Delta Wars
Flight Prices You're Not Allowed To See!
FlightFinder
West Indies suffered a 3-0 whitewash in Pakistan, but Ramdin did his chances of re-selection little harm with a stroke-filled unbeaten 42 in the final T20.

Part of a depleted unit then after several senior players opted out of the tour, Ramdin will now be a member of a full-strength Windies squad with the likes of captain Carlos Brathwaite, Chris Gayle and Andre Russell all returning.

Ramdin said he was pleased with his selection and was looking forward to the May 31 fixture at Lord's.

“It's a good feeling still. I didn't do badly in Pakistan. It's always [a privilege] to represent West Indies at any level,” said Ramdin, a member of the T20 World Cup-winning squad two years ago.

“It's an important game against the Rest of the World. It's gonna be a nice experience playing against all the other guys around the world on one team and meeting up the T20 champs (West Indies).

“It's gonna be an exciting game and I hope a lot of people come out and support.”

Ramdin has played 74 Tests, 139 One-Day Internationals and 61 T20Is.

1]; } ?>