March 19, 2024, 04:29:07 AM

Author Topic: Who should the new PM name Minister of Sport?  (Read 21109 times)

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who should the new PM name Minister of Sport?
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2015, 05:57:40 AM »
probably the ex national footballer darryl smith from diego martin central (former head of the diego martin regional cooperation).

That's the word on the ground. Should be a good choice.
:thumbsup:... Maybe he can initiate the investigations on you!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2015, 08:19:37 AM »
This portfolio demands the command of someone who is attuned to policy-making in the context of high performance sport. It does not need an appointment merely reflective of political patronage or of someone who will be learning elite sport on the job. It also doesn't per se need a visible sports personality. The person should be a consensus builder across sporting disciplines.
You hit the nail on the head with this!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2015, 09:09:22 AM »
Ah wake up early just to see who win. Boy, ah was soooooooo f00cking happy PNM win.

Good bye Kamla and she curry cabinet and most of all, good bye to dirty dread Sancho and he adviser. Throw these f00ckers in a box and in de ocean and sent them Jamaica.

Take that in your face Sancho, wha yuh go do now, Central dont want you, North East Stars dont need yuh and you good as dead in my books, now yuh must be vex yuh didn't help T&T football and sport more. You was one of de worst MOS we ever had, you and Anil Roberts, you make Roger Boyce and Gary Hunt shine.

Ah just hope Rowley doh let meh down.

We really need a good minister of sport, I feel Ato Boldon go make a good one and hire Flex Mohammed and Nigel Myers are his advisers, ah dead serious.

Ah dont know much about Daryl Smith, anybody know if he good or not?

Be a bit more dignified in victory mate,you seem full of hate,your "curry cabinet"comment is racist.As for Sancho,didn't he do well for the footballers and his fight got some millions for the Warriors,why hate him now because he has joined a political party,you describe that party as full of a certain race of people.I would like to go on,but lets hope that your new PM will improves on what the outgoing PM started.Oh I seem to have noticed,Rowley does have quite a few curry type people as members of the PNM,do you hate them too.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2015, 10:58:51 AM »
agreed frico

No need for that BS, regardless of who you support.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2015, 01:39:12 PM »
agreed frico

No need for that BS, regardless of who you support.

Thanks for agreement man,there was no reason for such comments.I have lived in England for so many years,and I still boast to people about how we live and respect each other,of course there will always be some idiots,but I'm sure they are a minority.I am also proud of the biggest Indo/Afro mix in the world,as Crazy say in the calypso,"In Years to Come",Sat Maharaj will have an Afro grand son. ;D

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2015, 01:51:05 PM »
Allyuh serious or just pretending to be ignorant of the fact that Sam does say thing just fuh effect and reaction?

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2015, 01:59:17 PM »
Allyuh serious or just pretending to be ignorant of the fact that Sam does say thing just fuh effect and reaction?
OK, I now understand.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2015, 03:39:22 PM »

??

Anyhow, allyuh hear from Sancho yet?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2015, 04:28:29 PM »
This should be a mute topic if only TTFA was self sustained company as Tim Kee suggests. 

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2015, 05:24:12 PM »
word is Brian Lara

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2015, 05:35:14 PM »
word is Brian Lara
That's the word on the street!
As a Fatima alumnus I would love to see this!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2015, 05:38:03 PM »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2015, 05:40:03 PM »
word is Brian Lara

It will prove a popular pick... but what are his qualifications?

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2015, 05:52:15 PM »
word is Brian Lara

It will prove a popular pick... but what are his qualifications?
Let me answer that with a question. Unlike other professional jobs, are there any prerequisites to being a government minister?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2015, 06:31:16 PM »
Let me answer that with a question. Unlike other professional jobs, are there any prerequisites to being a government minister?

Your question offers no substantive response... other than to suggest that he's minimally qualified, or meets the bare minimum necessary.  As such he's no more qualified than the average person on the street.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2015, 08:24:24 PM »
Look Daryl Smith would be a junior minister he is not going to be given a Ministerial porfolio..his choice as a candidate came about as a political favor as the PM wanted to have a happy home. He of all the PM candidates is the least fit for office let's say you went out to buy a box of 120 Watt bulbs and you see a 20 watt bulb in there...he would be the 20 watt bulb

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2015, 09:11:45 PM »
Andrea Baptise i95fm sports announcer might be a good pick.

good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2015, 09:58:35 PM »
Ah wake up early just to see who win. Boy, ah was soooooooo f00cking happy PNM win.

Good bye Kamla and she curry cabinet and most of all, good bye to dirty dread Sancho and he adviser. Throw these f00ckers in a box and in de ocean and sent them Jamaica.

Take that in your face Sancho, wha yuh go do now, Central dont want you, North East Stars dont need yuh and you good as dead in my books, now yuh must be vex yuh didn't help T&T football and sport more. You was one of de worst MOS we ever had, you and Anil Roberts, you make Roger Boyce and Gary Hunt shine.

We really need a good minister of sport, I feel Ato Boldon go make a good one and hire Flex Mohammed and Nigel Myers are his advisers, ah dead serious.

Be a bit more dignified in victory mate,you seem full of hate,your "curry cabinet"comment is racist.As for Sancho,didn't he do well for the footballers and his fight got some millions for the Warriors,why hate him now because he has joined a political party,you describe that party as full of a certain race of people.I would like to go on,but lets hope that your new PM will improves on what the outgoing PM started.Oh I seem to have noticed,Rowley does have quite a few curry type people as members of the PNM,do you hate them too.

what makes that racist? what was the mantra from this gov't ..is we time....who do you think the we is?

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2015, 03:41:39 AM »
MEP When people's culture is used to mock, or used in a derisory fashion,it is termed as racist,racism as you know,better than me, can manifest itself in 100s of ways,so don't pretend,don't split hairs,you know very well, it is an ignorant and racist comment.
"IS WE TIME NOW",I RECALL AS A SCHOOLBOY IN TT, MANY AFROS FRIENDS WOULD SAY, IS WE TIME NOW,what is racist about  that,it's just like saying PNM till we dead,or we like it so,who is talking there.
Regards.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 03:45:10 AM by frico »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2015, 04:56:14 AM »

O lard, a next one, you dont know me.... ... racist?   :rotfl: :rotfl:

And for your information, Sancho did nothiing for football or sports since he became minister. Read before you answer nah, who de f00ck talking about court case? F00ck Sancho and by de way, he is not indian...  :rotfl:

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2015, 05:21:01 AM »

Shaka or Sheldon Phillips ..... my bets

Sheldon Phillips can't even handle the GS job you expect him to handle the MOS position too?

We have to many stagnant people in power in T&T and they want more jobs than they can handle.

I say Dwight Yorke.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2015, 05:30:29 AM »

Fatima's pride: Retired star West Indies batsman Brian Lara, centre, chats with pupils from his alma mater Fatima College, following yesterday's swearing-in ceremony at Queen's Hall, St Ann's. —Photo: CURTIS CHASE - Trinidad Express

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2015, 05:55:11 AM »
Right now, in my opinion, I think we need someone with effective management skills than someone with all this personality business. No disrespect to Shaka, Dwight Lara. I tired of seeing smiling MoS standing with group of people and making some promises. Fed up with all them Photo ops. First thing is to find places in the EW corridor for more footie fields. Separate footie and cricket fields.  Put turf field at the HCS auxiliary field. Track and field needs a separate training field. Basketball and netball need more indoor  facilities. Their coaches, like all other discipline, need desperately to enhance their skills. Rugby needs it own stadium and practice facility. We need more swimming pools and coaches. Field hockey needs small astro turf field in PoS. Most of the clubs are in PoS.

Very importantly the sports associations with the exception of cricket needs to go against the grain and  start to encourage the East Indian yutes to give the other sports a try and some staying power. We are really underachievers when you look at our population. at Carifta games, we should have at least 2 participants in EVERY event.  Sometimes we have none. Most importantly, we need more women participation. Or at least retention. Women drop out from sports too early. Also more women coaches in all the sports disciplines.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 05:59:04 AM by Deeks »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2015, 06:31:54 AM »
Ato is de best for MOS.

F00ck Yorke, Lara, Latapy, Shaka etc.

Lara and them is pure ass lickers, yuh have money these crooks does show up.

Allyuh ever hear Shaka, Yorke or Latapy helping anyone?

We need somebody humble and eager and hungry to make a change in every sport.

Somebody who not corrupted for once.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 09:15:04 AM by Sam »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2015, 06:45:46 AM »
Anyhow, allyuh hear from Sancho yet?

Yeah, he would like to meet with the incoming MoS to have a transitional conversation regarding what he had put in place and to discuss the ins and outs of the Ministry etc. Something to this effect.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 06:48:06 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2015, 06:56:56 AM »
Ato is de best.

Ato was a UNC senator... so that not happening.
Also he's probably innocent... but remember he was tainted with alleged wrongdoing with the Australian affair/taxpayers money scandal.
Not sure where you finding this person with no allegations and a squeaky clean record.
Maybe Lara really is the guy!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2015, 07:28:00 AM »
Ato is de best.

Ato was a UNC senator... so that not happening.
Also he's probably innocent... but remember he was tainted with alleged wrongdoing with the Australian affair/taxpayers money scandal.
Not sure where you finding this person with no allegations and a squeaky clean record.
Maybe Lara really is the guy!

Not so! Ato was not the Australian officeholder. To the extent any residue of fiscal impropriety exists, it lies with the officeholder.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2015, 09:27:22 AM »
I can guarantee you guys that Ato is not interested in that role.
Ato has said that he tried being a politician once in the past and soon realised it is not for him.

Ato is already making his contribution doing exactly what he is doing right now which is coaching, broadcasting and being an IAAF Ambassador.

Look out for our male and female sprinters who are going to be part of Ato's camp from October all doing big things next year and helping to put T&T on the map at the Rio 2016 Olympics.

If any of Ato's athletes end up winning a gold medal at the Olympics then Ato would have made a major contribution and should be given the Order of T&T in recognition.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 09:32:24 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2015, 10:03:49 AM »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2015, 12:13:20 PM »
First thing that needs to be clarified is......what is the role or vision for the Ministry of Sport?  That's the first question I would ask of the Prime Minister.

If it's to be an administrative department of government to pass funds on to national sporting bodies as it's politically expedient, then that's fine.  Status quo will be maintained and you could put pretty much anyone to be the MOS

If the vision for the Ministry of Sport is holistic and primarily promotes a healthy lifestyle for the nation's citizens, then you appoint a MOS to suit

If the vision for the Ministry of Sport is to have both an holistic approach in terms of promoting healthy lifestyle AND help to develop world class athletes, then you're looking at a different type of candidate IMO

If it is to have a holistic approach and develop world class athletes, then the Minister of Sport should be someone who advocates for Sport as an industry on it's own. 

Someone who recognizes the "wellness" aspect of Sport and the tremendous cost savings it can have to the society in general in terms of overall fitness and health of the citizenry

Someone who advocates for elite athletes to be treated accordingly with the requisite infrastructure, nutrition, physical training, and administrative support needed to be truly elite and compete with the rest of the world.

Someone who can mandate to national sporting bodies that they be inclusive in their selection policies.  Leave no stone unturned to unearth eligible talent for T&T.  Tobago, Carapichaima, Point Fortin, Biche, Toco, diaspora...everywhere

Someone who sees sport as a potential revenue generator through sports tourism.

And finally, someone who can build consensus, understand the needs of the varied sporting disciplines, advocate for those needs, and display and demand transparency, accountability, and proper management practices

In his victory speech, Dr Rowley said one of his goals was to make people proud to be Trinbagonian...just like how many nationals living abroad are so proud to be.  Sport is one vehicle where that can be readily achieved.

It will be beneficial if the Minister of Sport is a former sportsperson.  Someone who has been at the highest level and seen how things operate first hand and knows what it takes to get to that level.  But it's not a necessity.  The Minister of Sport can draw upon such people for their input if he/she does not possess that achievement.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 12:28:21 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>