July 23, 2019, 11:23:04 PM

Author Topic: Governance under the Rowley Administration  (Read 32488 times)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Governance under the Rowley Administration
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2016, 07:18:35 PM »
Ban Carnival.   

Why? Carnival is not the cause of these murderous behavior? Pick something else.

You seem so certain.  Highly, spiritual country with selective spirituality.  Especially when it comes to the merits of Carnival and what it has become. 

Ok, then ban Bacchus..  The same spiritual being from which we get our very popular word, Bacchanal.. 

"Dionysus was also known as Bacchus and the frenzy he induces, "bakcheia". He is the patron deity of agriculture and the theatre. He was also known as the Liberator (Eleutherios), freeing one from one's normal self, by madness, ecstasy, or wine. The divine mission of Dionysus was to mingle the music of the aulos and to bring an end to care and worry. Scholars have discussed Dionysus' relationship to the "cult of the souls" and his ability to preside over communication between the living and the dead." http://www.crystalinks.com/bacchus.html 

To eat the fruit you must sow the seed.  You can't solve this stuff half way.  You can't behave you cyah fete.   :P
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2016, 10:21:45 PM »
You can't behave, you can't fete?!!

Except Preacher, we are the irreverent authors of the "curfew fete". The paradox of it all. :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 10:37:25 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2016, 11:16:30 PM »

Except Preacher, we are the irreverent authors of the "curfew fete". The paradox of it all. :)

Then at least you know who you feteing with.  But let me ask this.

Do you think the populace of our blessed homeland is ready to be armed?  As in own a licensed firearm or is that going in another direction?
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2016, 11:50:22 PM »

Then at least you know who you feteing with.  But let me ask this.

Do you think the populace of our blessed homeland is ready to be armed?  As in own a licensed firearm or is that going in another direction?

Right now, many ppl with licensed firearms are unaffected by the goings-on.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2016, 11:46:07 AM »
14th Sitting of the House of Representatives

Summary:
~ Three papers will be laid.
~ Two interim reports of the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Property (Amendment) Bill 2015 and the Whistleblower Protection Bill, 2015 will be presented.
~ One report of the Standing Finance Committee will be presented.
~ Three questions qualify for oral answer.
~ The Finance (Variation of Appropriation) (Financial Year 2015) Bill, 2016 will be introduced.
~ Motions:
. Adoption of the 1st Report of the Standing Finance Committee on the consideration of proposals for the Variation of Appropriation for the fiscal year 2015. (moved by the Minister of Finance)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aJlfgU86H3w&amp;spfreload=10" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aJlfgU86H3w&amp;spfreload=10</a>
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 01:17:37 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2016, 02:37:55 PM »
14th Sitting of the House of Representatives

Summary:
~ Three papers will be laid.
~ Two interim reports of the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Property (Amendment) Bill 2015 and the Whistleblower Protection Bill, 2015 will be presented.
~ One report of the Standing Finance Committee will be presented.
~ Three questions qualify for oral answer.
~ The Finance (Variation of Appropriation) (Financial Year 2015) Bill, 2016 will be introduced.
~ Motions:
. Adoption of the 1st Report of the Standing Finance Committee on the consideration of proposals for the Variation of Appropriation for the fiscal year 2015. (moved by the Minister of Finance)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aJlfgU86H3w&amp;spfreload=10" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aJlfgU86H3w&amp;spfreload=10</a>

Terrance and Al Rawi most times seem to have the Opposition on the defence and confused as to how to respond to their contributions.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 04:50:53 PM by Sando prince »

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2016, 07:09:35 PM »
I love how we continue to act like crime and criminality is something specific to us and our "breakdown" in family values and moral..Blah blah blah blah.

How are the actions of these men any different to what ISIS doing in Syria? Men executing children in school uniform in the street and we here still talking about dialogue? Soldiers going on "patrol"...is a f**k airstrike them need...plain and simple...These are not men..they are beasts...I don't care that bullying as increased and the crime is now part of our culture. If they know for a fact that they could commit crime and get away they would do it....How much more dialogue is needed before we admit to ourselves that we simply need to wipe those people off the face of earth.

Is a small handful of people who have this country in chaos...Both upper and lower society scum

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2016, 09:44:02 PM »
I love how we continue to act like crime and criminality is something specific to us and our "breakdown" in family values and moral..Blah blah blah blah.

How are the actions of these men any different to what ISIS doing in Syria? Men executing children in school uniform in the street and we here still talking about dialogue? Soldiers going on "patrol"...is a f**k airstrike them need...plain and simple...These are not men..they are beasts...I don't care that bullying as increased and the crime is now part of our culture. If they know for a fact that they could commit crime and get away they would do it....How much more dialogue is needed before we admit to ourselves that we simply need to wipe those people off the face of earth.

Is a small handful of people who have this country in chaos...Both upper and lower society scum

You do not? Well plenty people care.. Yuh have to be careful for your life if yuh mash a man foot, teachers scared of students, shop keepers getting robbed in broad daylight at gun point..etc you CANNOT deny the social aspect that need to be confronted when it comes to crime. A lot of violent behaviour that lead to criminal activity starts at home and in the community. A lot of parents do not care, some know their children out on the streets engaging in crime but they ignore it, some know their sons on the street corner looking to get involved in SHIT and they turn a blind eye.. my point is we cannot deny there is a culture of crime that exist in T&T and we cannot just submit to just not caring because it will only get worse.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 09:47:39 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2016, 10:19:38 PM »
Finance Minister Colm Imbert says pensioners will receive their payments by the close of the business today.

Minister Imbert was speaking in the Lower House this afternoon.

The Ministry of Finance wishes to advise the public of a delay in the processing of government pensions for January.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 26, 2016, 04:02:06 AM »

You do not? Well plenty people care.. Yuh have to be careful for your life if yuh mash a man foot, teachers scared of students, shop keepers getting robbed in broad daylight at gun point..etc you CANNOT deny the social aspect that need to be confronted when it comes to crime. A lot of violent behaviour that lead to criminal activity starts at home and in the community. A lot of parents do not care, some know their children out on the streets engaging in crime but they ignore it, some know their sons on the street corner looking to get involved in SHIT and they turn a blind eye.. my point is we cannot deny there is a culture of crime that exist in T&T and we cannot just submit to just not caring because it will only get worse.

Why you talking about all that? Is the murders today and tomorrow we should be focusing on. Everything you talking about there takes time and more long term planning. Given the choice I will always invest in body bags and bullets for those pests up the hill and around the country. It is remarkable the amount of resources those parts of the country has received and have very little to show for it. Laventille has a Technology centre. PNM put the technology center there. You know how many people worldwide wish they could have access to a technology center. Stop being apologists for those people. For too long now the state has pussyfooted around these people. You talking about bullying in school and school violence, you eh realise that shows a complete breakdown in society and only drastic and severe measures could bring it back.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2016, 04:06:55 AM »
Every fete in this country pack to the brim...The problem is not that we cant mobilise, we just choose what and for whom we mobilise for. A white boy drowned off blanchisseuse and for three days it was trending on social media and made national news. Two school boys dragged from a taxi on their way home, publicly executed and people trying to rationalise it "they hadda be in thing." What madness is this? This one eating away at meh bad....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2016, 05:56:53 AM »
congo boy, I hadda applaud yuh pussyfootin is joke.....d time for sending ah clear message to dem animal "both d shippers and users" is now....I tellin alyuh it have a real lack of political will balls to do what needs done, and it ent "talk"...d time for talk is over.....yuh know when dey goh realize, is when somebody go crazy and do someting drastic......is decades now people living in fear in a community, and gov't after gov't refuse to take ah hardline........make an example of ah known gang leader or two and I sure yuh will see ah change
I pity the fool....

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2016, 06:50:31 AM »
congo boy, I hadda applaud yuh pussyfootin is joke.....d time for sending ah clear message to dem animal "both d shippers and users" is now....I tellin alyuh it have a real lack of political will balls to do what needs done, and it ent "talk"...d time for talk is over.....yuh know when dey goh realize, is when somebody go crazy and do someting drastic......is decades now people living in fear in a community, and gov't after gov't refuse to take ah hardline........make an example of ah known gang leader or two and I sure yuh will see ah change

Definitely agree with this! Every time there's a murder we always hear that the victim was a  "known gang leader" or a "known drug dealer". If they were known criminals why weren't they removed from the streets??...why are these pests allowed to roam around unhindered??  Aren't there already anti-gang laws in place??

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 26, 2016, 08:07:27 AM »
You ever more dotishness. When a gang member is killed, the police always comes out and say they expecting reprisals? Lo and behold a couple "reprisal" killings take place soon after. How you could claim to be police, expecting reprisals and said reprisals take place. You aint no police. Most of them playing dress up. A bunch on uneducated pests up on those hills running amok making innocent people live in hell. Just today I pass up there and I wondering to myself how much people in trinidad probably wish they could have hiked up there...go behind the hill....I dont even know how behind that hill does look....They basically annexed themselves from there. People can't explore their country in its entirety. That land up there expensive, that is prime real estate. People should have the opportunity to build and live up there in peace. This is beyond frustrating. 

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 26, 2016, 08:13:38 AM »

Why you talking about all that? Is the murders today and tomorrow we should be focusing on. Everything you talking about there takes time and more long term planning. Given the choice I will always invest in body bags and bullets for those pests up the hill and around the country. It is remarkable the amount of resources those parts of the country has received and have very little to show for it. Laventille has a Technology centre. PNM put the technology center there. You know how many people worldwide wish they could have access to a technology center. Stop being apologists for those people. For too long now the state has pussyfooted around these people. You talking about bullying in school and school violence, you eh realise that shows a complete breakdown in society and only drastic and severe measures could bring it back.

LOL what? Did you just ask me why I am talking about all that for? I am talking about CRIME. I am talking about everyday crime. This is why we continue to have a CRIME CULTURE in T&T. There some people who refuse to confront some of the social issues therefore it is not tackled by society.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 26, 2016, 08:49:18 AM »
Something have to be done with the legal system and the police service. When a police arrest a socalled bandit, gang leader and he is charged. Next thing the guy is out on some technicality. Police did not follow procedures, etc. then there is evidence tampering. Evidence for cases missing.  That is totally on the police. Cases taking too long. Remand yard in chaos. Witness no protection. Absolutely abysmal.

Unless the army overthrow the govt and heavy hand for a year or two, NOTHING eh changing. Like Patrick, KR only reacting to the incidence of unbrazen murders. Lock down, shut down, SOE. Whatever it takes.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 26, 2016, 09:11:44 AM »
Something have to be done with the legal system and the police service. When a police arrest a socalled bandit, gang leader and he is charged. Next thing the guy is out on some technicality. Police did not follow procedures, etc. then there is evidence tampering. Evidence for cases missing.  That is totally on the police. Cases taking too long. Remand yard in chaos. Witness no protection. Absolutely abysmal.

Unless the army overthrow the govt and heavy hand for a year or two, NOTHING eh changing. Like Patrick, KR only reacting to the incidence of unbrazen murders. Lock down, shut down, SOE. Whatever it takes.

deeks another SoE will be bad for Trinidad on many levels, what we need is what several gov't in developing nations have done from time to time, a specialized unit of well vetted individuals to handle any operations into gang activity  all kinda man using cell phone in d prison and planty ah dem from up dey...doh jam, intercept and use dem communications and use it to your advantage, treat Laventile and other hot spots like terror cell and intercept every single piece ah chatter going in and coming out, constitutional rights be damned (d bad doh deserve none IMO) and d good people ent goh mind if d bad people disappearing......
I pity the fool....

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 26, 2016, 09:31:13 AM »

deeks another SoE will be bad for Trinidad on many levels, what we need is what several gov't in developing nations have done from time to time, a specialized unit of well vetted individuals to handle any operations into gang activity  all kinda man using cell phone in d prison and planty ah dem from up dey...doh jam, intercept and use dem communications and use it to your advantage, treat Laventile and other hot spots like terror cell and intercept every single piece ah chatter going in and coming out, constitutional rights be damned (d bad doh deserve none IMO) and d good people ent goh mind if d bad people disappearing......

Is not rocket science...Is small group of people acting inimical to the well being of innocent citizens. Citizens literally living in fear and all they could offer is soldiers on "patrol". WTF them train to do? Is a peacekeeping force we have? A prison break out resulted in the death of a police officer and up to now there hasn't been an inquest into how and why it happened. This is a lawless society on the brink of total collapse. We need finality in matters. I don't about crime culture and changing crime culture. Let's talk about eradication. The culture change could happen over time.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 26, 2016, 09:36:11 AM »

The future of our nation right here for everyone to see. Yuh know some will blame the teachers but everything starts at home. I will leave this right here.

https://www.facebook.com/100010398488509/videos/179664619056820/

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2016, 09:38:20 AM »

Is not rocket science...Is small group of people acting inimical to the well being of innocent citizens. Citizens literally living in fear and all they could offer is soldiers on "patrol". WTF them train to do? Is a peacekeeping force we have? A prison break out resulted in the death of a police officer and up to now there hasn't been an inquest into how and why it happened. This is a lawless society on the brink of total collapse. We need finality in matters. I don't about crime culture and changing crime culture. Let's talk about eradication. The culture change could happen over time.

That is definitely not true. Crime is WIDESPREAD all over T&T. Definitely NOT a small group of individuals.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2016, 10:03:02 AM »

That is definitely not true. Crime is WIDESPREAD all over T&T. Definitely NOT a small group of individuals.

sando u sound like u would be firmly against a targeted assault on criminal activities in these areas, all you have been offering is platitudes and fringe psychobabble to d arguments put forward, yuh is a bleedin heart pacifist or your viewpoint clouded by d potential political consideration regardin these issues?

politics aside people need to get dead or get jail for anything good to happen with d hot spot areas whether u like it or not
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2016, 10:07:54 AM »
What is meant by "widespread"?

Geographical dispersion of crime does not automatically/necessarily equate to a large number of participants in criminal activity ...

Also, as expressed above, a contributing factor to the environment of criminality is that there is a sense that there will be an impotent response by the state. However, this decision-making is employed by a significant minority acting with blatant disregard of law and order.

Also agree with the comment(s) that the the PM's response has been reactionary. That may get us to Friday, but not to long-term resolution.

Kudos to congo, lefty et al for recognising that the solutions need to involve powder other than baby powder.

End the impotence of the state. Grow some balls and apply Viagra in the policy mix.

Wake up, my people.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 10:10:18 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 26, 2016, 10:12:23 AM »

Geographical dispersion of crime does not automatically/necessarily equate to a large number of participants in criminal activity ...

Ok to cut your ramblings short. When I said widespread I meant there are many players involved in criminal activity. Widespread in numbers and not geographical location.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 26, 2016, 10:14:35 AM »

sando u sound like u would be firmly against a targeted assault on criminal activities in these areas, all you have been offering is platitudes and fringe psychobabble to d arguments put forward, yuh is a bleedin heart pacifist or your viewpoint clouded by d potential political consideration regardin these issues?

politics aside people need to get dead or get jail for anything good to happen with d hot spot areas whether u like it or not

How I sound? LOL is this a serious comment?  and again you have a personal agenda a you pointed out political reasons. You are simply assuming because you do not shit about who have political reasons. This alone shows your intentions when you responded to my comment. Now let me break it down for in simplest form. Crime is a multi-face problem and will need a multi-facet approach. targeting one or two area will NOT solve crime in T&T. I have explained this in several posts earlier.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 26, 2016, 10:17:23 AM »

You take your forces and you put these people on the run....I bet you they don't survive 6 months of constant pursuit and scrutiny. They will have to flee, go venezuela or something. Alot of them not even from here, any little heat and they running St vincent etc. Time we put some boots on their throats once and for all. The people of laventille and the wider country deserve some peace of mind. It not that hard to identify males of military age who not contributing positively to the national landscape there. What them so afraid of? Losing votes? They profiting somehow from the onslaught?

Is only around times like these that trinis does know to mind they own business.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 26, 2016, 10:19:26 AM »

Ok to cut your ramblings short. When I said widespread I meant there are many players involved in criminal activity. Widespread in numbers and not geographical location.

Ah know it's not convenient for you to acknowledge the deficiencies residing in the PM's response.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 26, 2016, 10:19:56 AM »
People talking about Politics aside. Yes Politics aside, how many young men on your street corner hanging out looking to get into SHiT. ALL OVER T&T. Yes Politics aside. Where in T&T can a shop open at night and not be worried about getting robbed? WHERE? We living in a country with a CRIME CULTURE. How many youths want to live the gangster lifestyle? The 'get rich quick by any means necessary" lifestyle? resulting to illegal practices? ALL OVER T&T.

Get a damn hold of allyuh selves. This lefty court jester want to come here pointing to me about my political reasons. Voices in yuh head making you not want to admit the obvious. Steupse. Do not be embarrassed to confront the problems

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 26, 2016, 10:21:10 AM »
Sando, many players involved but is the black on black crime that is most damaging. Too many guns in this country and too many murderers walking around free. It have youth who eh even 15 walking around with multiple ghosts on them. That is not no joke....How you as a prime minister/ leader could rest comfortably knowing that is the state of the nation. How much more dialogue we need? Why is it America could find and kill a terrorist in an allied sovereign nation and we can't find some people who have outstanding warrants. We really serious in this life. This thing overbearing now..Time for drastic measures. A good culling is needed, sad to say...Need to eradicate some "heads" so them youths coming up with get a chance to breathe and a chance at life.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 26, 2016, 10:22:26 AM »
Trinidad and Tobago does not have a culture of crime. Stop the nonsense, man. It has a culture of acquiescence and permissiveness that has allowed for crime to fester. Get it right!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 26, 2016, 10:22:53 AM »
Sando, many players involved but is the black on black crime that is most damaging. Too many guns in this country and too many murderers walking around free. It have youth who eh even 15 walking around with multiple ghosts on them. That is not no joke....How you as a prime minister/ leader could rest comfortably knowing that is the state of the nation. How much more dialogue we need? Why is it America could find and kill a terrorist in an allied sovereign nation and we can't find some people who have outstanding warrants. We really serious in this life. This thing overbearing now..Time for drastic measures. A good culling is needed, sad to say...Need to eradicate some "heads" so them youths coming up with get a chance to breathe and a chance at life.

Simple america have the intelligence, technology and personnel mechanism to accomplish this. You really want to compare T&T CRIME CULTURE with America's capability to capture a terrorist? Are you serious? Are you a comedian?