April 23, 2024, 05:40:45 PM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Nicaragua Game (13-Oct-2015)  (Read 25267 times)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Nicaragua Game (13-Oct-2015)
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2015, 10:46:26 AM »
Unbeaten in 6 games (regulation time). Lets keep the run going!
That's a good stat, I didn't even realize that. In those games we played Mexico and Panama twice. Helluva job by the coach to motivate the players given what he has at his disposal.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 07:00:07 AM by soccerman »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2015, 01:59:03 AM »
‘Warriors’ back in training for Nicaragua.
T&T Newsday Reports.

TRINIDAD AND Tobago’s senior footballers were back on the pitch at the Hasley Crawford Stadium on Saturday evening, less than twenty four hours after returning home following their 2-1 victory over Panama on Thursday night.

Skipper Kenwyne Jones and his teammates arrived in Port-of- Spain shortly before midnight on Friday prior to checking into the Carlton Savannah Hotel, where they will be based for the duration of the training camp leading into their international friendly with Nicaragua on Tuesday in Port-of-Spain.

English-based defender Gavin Hoyte, who started against Panama, was only called up for that encounter based on an arrangement between the club and Hart no choice but to have the player return to English club Barnet FC on the weekend.

Following the win in Panama City, Jones expressed satisfaction with the team’s showing, saying they had proven to themselves that overcoming opponents such as Panama and other potent CONCACAF rivals away from home is not beyond the team.

“It was a perfect indication of what we are going to face away from home, especially in the Central American countries. We went out and tried a few things to see how it would work in the game, and under the pressure and the environment we did very well,” Jones told TTFA Media.

Commenting on his strike which was his 21st goal for Trinidad and Tobago, Jones added, “Coming to places like this you have to try and strike the first blow, and I saw the opportunity to take the shot early after having a chance before to have a shot. I just went with it. I went with instinct and thankfully it went into the net.” He was particularly pleased about the team showing mettle to grind out a result away from home after Panama began piling on the pressure in the second half.

“That just shows the strength, character and depth in the team.

Even though after making changes, the players that came in did pretty well in soaking up the pressure.

“Of course Panama would have some dominance because they were at home, but for our team I think over these two years we have grown quite a lot and you can see by the way that we play and the togetherness of the group that we have been getting better and stronger. It’s no surprise that we can go to places and hold out on pressure and especially where we are on top it gives us confidence to hold for the result.”

Looking ahead to Tuesday’s encounter with Nicaragua, the Cardiff City man stated, “For us we are just going to go forward positively. It’s good preparation for us. We are looking forward to playing in front home fans since the Gold Cup. Hopefully the masses will come out and support the team because it’s important that we have this support especially going into the qualifiers that we can feel because home advantage does count,” Jones added.

Defender Radanfah Abu Bakr, who scored the 52nd minute winner with his headed goal, said it was important for T&T to get into the habit of bringing home positive results.

“We are very pleased with the away result. Wins away from CONCACAF are not easy to come by. We know the quality we have from set pieces from Cummings and the other guys. And we have some big guys in our squad. The service was there so it was just to get on the end of it. It was important to go 2-0 up at that stage of the game. Unfortunately we let them back in it, but we did well to hold on for the win,” Abu Bakr said.

“But it’s a testament to the unity in the group and how we stick together on the pitch when things get difficult and we don’t have the ball for long periods and it was good to see we were willing and able to buckle down and defend,” the Denmark-based player added.

The match kicks off at 7pm on Tuesday at the Hasley Crawford Stadium.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 02:36:22 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2015, 01:54:14 AM »
Hart explores options for Warriors.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Attacking midfielder Keron Cummings and forward Jonathan Glenn are both committed to adjusting to head coach Stephen Hart’s demands to suit the style of the “Soca Warriors” depending on their opponents. Both players intend to fill their roles accordingly following Saturday evening’s training session at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Against Panama Glenn made his first start up front  alongside Kenwyne Jones while Cummings started the game in an outside right position unlike his more customary position in the middle of the attack.

Hart spoke about his decision to explore new options describing the change as an experiment. “I wanted to see how we would play with two strikers up front and we were hoping Cummings would come in from the right side on his left foot. It’s something we said, well okay look, we don’t have a lot of time with the two World Cup games coming up, so let’s see how it looks,” Hart said.

He noted the plan did not work defensively because the Warriors struggled to get it right in the first half.  “But we solved the problem in the second half and we did much better. We created a lot of chances and if we scored those chances especially away from home, the crowd would get on the home team and they would feel it a lot more,” Hart said.

Hart said the exercise in Panama served its purpose in relation to T&T’s preparation to play in Guatemala City on November 13.

“I thought the referee let a lot go. Kenwyne Jones was beaten up and really didn’t get any protection but all credit to him,  he handled it very well.  There were some instances where elbows were raised .But then again it’s why you go and play away from home.  We played under difficult conditions and we came away with the victory.”

Hart made six second half changes against Panama with  Daneil Cyrus, Willis Plaza, Neveal Hackshaw, Kevan George, Aubrey David and Trevin Caesar entering the match.

Cummings meantime, added: “We were able to bounce back from the loss from the Gold Cup. We knew we had to come out and work harder in order to get a good result. If it’s one thing you are sure about with this group is it  has character to go out there and fight for each other. Once we put our heads together its something we would go out and do no matter how much pressure we may be under.

On his performance, Cummings stated “Sometimes it’s not always about where you want to play but you have to do it for the team. I wasn’t pleased so much with my performance in the first half but I felt I did better in the second half. And we will continue to work on what is best for the overall play of the team going forward.”

Glenn who scored in the recent 3-3 draw with Mexico, feels that playing alongside Jones will be a work in progress. “It’s something new for both of us (alongside Jones) because we are both usually  playing alone up top for our clubs so it took a bit of adjusting, but as professionals it’s something we knew the coach wanted do so we had to go out there and do it to the best of our abilities.

“It was good that we combined for that first goal. We are both physically strong so we were a bit of a handful for the two centre backs. I wish we would have gotten a little more crosses so we could have used our presence more but generally we are happy to have come away with the win and now we will look ahead to the Nicaragua game,” Glenn said on Saturday evening.

The team trained twice yesterday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium and will have a final run out at 6 pm today, ahead of tomorrow’s encounter with Nicaragua which kicks off at 7 pm.

TICKETS INFO

•The Fan Club (MovieTowne, Gulf City, Trincity)
•Ramsingh’s
•Sportworld
•Kenny’s
•Sports and Games
•online via Island E-Tickets
  Cost $200 and $100

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2015, 08:18:07 AM »
“It was good that we combined for that first goal. We are both physically strong so we were a bit of a handful for the two centre backs. I wish we would have gotten a little more crosses so we could have used our presence more but generally we are happy to have come away with the win and now we will look ahead to the Nicaragua game,” Glenn said on Saturday evening.

If you can improve and build in this area, these two guys will be a terror for defenses in throughout the WCQ's.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2015, 02:39:06 PM »
Nicaraguan Squad

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 03:09:16 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2015, 05:52:46 PM »
We've done a very good job on the road. Hopefully they keep calm and don't let playing in front of the home crowd intimidate them... Ticket in hand, Looking forward to a convincing win from the boys at home...   :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2015, 05:56:29 PM »
WATCH: Marvin Phillip and Aubrey David speak about team unity in the Soca Warriors camp
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/UUB4U4OruD0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/UUB4U4OruD0</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2015, 01:57:30 AM »
Final tune-up for T&T.
By Nigel Simon (Guardian).

T&T Soca Warriors will be looking to secure a second straight win against Cenral American opponents, when they host Nicaragua at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo from 7pm tonight.

It will be the final tune-up for the 59th ranked Soca Warriors ahead of their start to their 2018 Concacaf semifinal round World Cup qualifying campaign on November away to Guatamela, which will be followed by a home tie versus USA, four days later. St Vincent and The Grenadines is the other team in T&T's pool from which the top two will advance to the hexagonal Concacaf Final Round World Cup qualifiers to Russia.

But before coach Stephen Hart can focus on Guatemala, he will have his eyes on another victory in their first match on home soil, since a 1-0 loss to Panama back on March 27, at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva.

Speaking last night ahead of today's encounter, Hart was very eager to see how his team performs following the positive result with Panama. “We are coming off a positive result, but sometimes when you get a positive result, there is a tendency to believe that everything is okay and I am challenging the players to do better in this game in terms of how they manage the game and how they possess the ball and to be a little bit cleaner in that respect.”

With this being the final tune ahead of next month's start to another World Cup campaign the T&T coach he will continue to do some experimenting with his squad. Hart said a couple of players who did not start the last match will get in for this game.

While admitting that Guatemala will be a different opposition, Hart was quick to point out that the match against the Nicaraguans  is still an important exercise.

“Guatemala in Guatemala is a different sort of animal and historically it has been a difficult place to play, and that sort of environment cannot be recreated in a friendly, but the style of play on the field is what we need to get familiar with that's why we choose these games, even though these matches sort of fell in our laps, but it has worked out for us.”

Hart believes it is important to have a lot of support tonight. “Players need to feel love, and they need to feel wanted. I think these players have not only sacrificed a lot, they have been showing a dedication not only towards T&T colours, but a dedication towards what we have been trying to do and that deserves a lot of support, a lot of push and a lot of positive energy and we will need that right through the campaign” stated Hart.

Hart also expressed his satisfaction with the mood and vibes in the team saying, “Right now we have a group of players that will do anything when asked even if its uncomfortable and for me that is very important.”

Soca Warriors

Goalkeepers: Marvin Phillip (Morvant Caledonia United), Jan-Michael Williams (Central FC)

Defenders: Daneil Cyrus (Chicago Fire), Mekeil Williams (Antigua FC),  Yohance Marshall (Murcielago),  Abrey David (Shaktar Karagandy), Radanfah Abu Bakr (HB Hoge), Sheldon Bateau (FC Krylia Sovetov), Aikim Andrews (W Connection)

Midfielders: Joevin Jones (Chicago Fire), Kevan George (Columbus Crew), Khaleem Hyland (KVC Westerlo), Andre Boucaud (Dagenham & Redbridge), Keron Cummings (North East Stars), Neveal Hackshaw (North East Stars), Willis Plaza (Central FC)

Forwards: Trevin Caesar (Austin Aztex), Kenwyne Jones (Cardiff City), Jonathan Glen (Breioablik).

Nicaragua:

Goalkeepers: Justo Lorente, Dierich Tellez, Mauricio Sanchez.

Defenders: Luis Copete, Axel Silva, Oscar Lopez, Cristian Gutierrez, Manuel Rosas, Josue Quijano, Jessie Lopez, Alejandro Tapia.

Midfielders: Marlon Lopez, Carlos Membreno, Franklin Lopez, Luis Peralta, Brayan Garcia, Norlan Cuadra, Carlos Chavarria, Elvis Figueroa, Eulises Pavon, Juan Barrera, Luis Galeano.

Forwards: Daniel Reyes, Erick Lazo, Raul Leguias, Norfran Lazo.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 02:43:00 AM by Flex »

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2015, 05:05:59 AM »
I would love to see a 4-3-3 today! Also a better performance by our defense. Idk why ppl giving Cyrus so much stick and calling him a liability...for the gold cup and even prior to that he has always smartly played his position in fine form! Even moving the ball up on the wing and creating chances! I watched the Panama game and I didn't see where he deserved the criticism...things did get a bit wild yes! IMHO is lil hoyte that not ready yet!

Big up warriors!!! Good luck today 🇹🇹All the way!! #warriorstimeisnow!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2015, 06:18:51 AM »
I say, give de youths a chance?

Williams
David
Bateau
Cyrus
Marshall
Hackshaw
Cummings
George
Andrews
Kenwyne
Glenn

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline damiangoal

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2015, 08:50:01 AM »
Good day my fellow warriors, does anyone know the price of tickets for the game this evening. :)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2015, 08:52:21 AM »
Good day my fellow warriors, does anyone know the price of tickets for the game this evening. :)

100 and 200
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline damiangoal

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2015, 08:54:50 AM »
Thank you! :)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2015, 09:37:53 AM »
Is there any coverage at all for this game?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2015, 10:58:43 AM »
tnt...the CUP start
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2015, 11:12:58 AM »

I assume there will be TV coverage in T&T only if the game is sold out.

Hopefully there will at least be an internet link and decent commentary for those of us outside of T&T.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2015, 11:14:12 AM »
QUESTION...Bateau came off vz Panama..i saw him pointing at his knees...any update on this ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2015, 11:45:59 AM »

I assume there will be TV coverage in T&T only if the game is sold out.

Hopefully there will at least be an internet link and decent commentary for those of us outside of T&T.
We can only hope :beermug:

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2015, 01:30:07 PM »
As of now no Nicaraguan stations will be carrying the match

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2015, 01:45:43 PM »
All yuh try and get ah feed for d forin base please!!! Yuh cyah have we out here suffering to see ah friendly playing in we own country.  Even if we hadda facetime all yuh

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2015, 03:03:52 PM »
I not trying to give anyone false hope. But this stream might work. The link says "the video is not up at the moment but will be up soon".. So let's pray that this one works.

http://cricfree.sx/watch/live/trinidad-and-tobago-vs-nicaragua-live-streaming

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2015, 04:01:57 PM »
Is tv4 or ctnt bringing it?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2015, 04:03:12 PM »
For those of you in T&T who can't make it to the Hasely Crawford Stadium, the Trinidad and Tobago vs Nicaragua game will be shown on FLOW Channel 99.

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2015, 04:51:50 PM »
Is there an online link for the foreign crew to watch the match?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2015, 04:54:43 PM »
Is there an online link for the foreign crew to watch the match?

We hoping one appears. I posted one above. If all is well , then the link should start working at 7. If it doesn't,  then we have to wait.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2015, 05:00:47 PM »
Radio stations covering the game? If none then we real lapsing. 
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2015, 05:01:04 PM »
At the very least, we have radio: http://tunein.com/radio/Vibe-CT-105-1051-s13632/

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2015, 05:07:52 PM »
Well it looks like i have to taken the game on the radio. :frustrated:

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2015, 05:09:59 PM »
wuh chubble is dis jed...no video!!!!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2015, 05:12:19 PM »
"You can't even spell left foot"  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

JM Williams, A David, Y Marshall, S Bateau, Cyrus, K George, K Hyland, J Jones, K Cummings, T Caesar, K Jones
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 05:14:07 PM by theworm2345 »

1]; } ?>