March 28, 2024, 01:47:07 PM

Author Topic: Thread for USA Women vs T&T Women Games (06 & 10 - Dec-2015)  (Read 20253 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for USA Women vs T&T Women Games (06 & 10 - Dec-2015)
« on: September 28, 2015, 06:31:35 PM »
Heard from a source that the women team will play the U.S. in December (2 games).

First game to be played in Hawaii and the second in San Antonio.

Stay tuned for confirmation/updates.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 01:03:39 PM by Tallman »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for USA Women vs T&T Women Games (00-Dec-2015)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 06:45:29 PM »
Word?

If this is true I will have to take back my condemnation of Sheldon and the TTFA.

I am contentment.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 07:01:27 PM »
Hawaii!!!?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 05:01:51 AM »
What a nice piece of news.

Good going again by the TTFA.

Give props when it due.

Waldrum and Hart need to sign up now and de TTFA need to bring some future programs for all teams consistently.

Ah hope they get some sponsors now that USA gone.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 09:45:29 AM »

If the TTFA can secure these games I myself will have to give them due credit.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 03:43:27 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Thread for USA Women vs T&T Women Games (04 & 08 - Dec-2015)
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 03:39:13 PM »
U.S. WNT to play T&T on December 6th in Honolulu.
ussoccer.com

WNT to Play in Hawaii and Aloha Stadium for the First Time

CHICAGO (Oct. 15, 2015) - The first of four December matches for the U.S. Women's National Team on its post-Women's World Cup Victory Tour will be against Trinidad & Tobago on Dec. 6 in Honolulu. The match will kick-off at 3 p.m. local time (8 p.m. ET) and will be broadcast on FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports GO.

The match in Hawaii and the previously announced match in New Orleans on Dec. 16 against China PR will bookend two other matches that will be announced shortly as the U.S. Women finish the Victory Tour with four games during an 11-day span in December. The USA will also face T&T on Dec. 10 at a venue to be announced.

The match in Honolulu on the island of Oahu marks the first trip for the U.S. Women to the 50th state and the first international match hosted by U.S. Soccer in Hawaii. It will also be only the second soccer match between national teams staged at Aloha Stadium. The Philippines defeated Chinese Taipei 1-0 at the venue in 1976 in a match that was a part of a triple-header that also featured the Hawaii All-Stars against the San Diego Jaws (which played one season in the NASL) and the New York Cosmos against Team Honda from Japan, a match that featured four goals from Pelé.

Hawaii will be the 32nd U.S. state (not including the District of Columbia) that the American women have played in since the program's inception in 1985.

"When I took this job I was told of the importance of having a wide footprint in terms of where we bring the team to play and this first-ever game in Hawaii certainly stays true to that goal," said U.S. head coach Jill Ellis. "We always enjoy going to new markets and giving fans across the country, and in December across the Pacific Ocean, a chance to see the team play. I know the players and staff are very excited about going to Hawaii and we are looking forward to the experience of being on Oahu and playing this historic match against T&T at Aloha Stadium."

The U.S. WNT has played T&T eight times, most recently a 1-0 victory during group play of the qualifying tournament for the 2015 Women's World Cup; Abby Wambach's goal in the 54th minute was the difference. Five of the eight games have been in CONCACAF qualifying competitions.

Information regarding tickets will be announced in the near future. For the opportunity to purchase tickets before the general public, fans can join the U.S. Soccer Supporters Club to earn priority access to the ticket presale, or follow U.S. Soccer on Facebook or Twitter @ussoccer to find special presale codes.

Next up for the USA are two games in October against Brazil, the first Presented by Liberty Mutual Insurance at CenturyLink Field in Seattle on Wednesday, Oct. 21 (7 p.m. PT on ESPN2/WatchESPN, buy tickets here), and the second on Sunday, Oct. 25, at the Orlando Citrus Bowl in Central Florida (2:30 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1/FOX Sports GO).

U.S. WNT vs T&T schedule:
Date, Game, Time, Venue

Dec. 6, USA vs T&T, 3p.m. HST/8 p.m, Aloha Stadium; Honolulu.

Dec. 10, USA vs T&T, TBA, TBA

« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 03:41:49 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 03:42:47 PM »
Well done to the TTFA for securing these matches :applause:

Give credit when it's due

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 03:44:02 PM »

Where meh boy Controversial?  :). Ah wonder if he would give the TTFA credit?

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for USA Women vs T&T Women Games (04 & 10 - Dec-2015)
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 03:56:42 PM »
Nice piece of news.. hoping we eh have to do ah sou sou to get them there.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 08:58:29 PM »
Welcome news, indeed.

However ...

Credit to the TTFA for saying 'yes'? What would have been the benefit of saying 'no'?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2015, 10:20:18 PM »
Welcome news, indeed.

However ...

Credit to the TTFA for saying 'yes'? What would have been the benefit of saying 'no'?

dais how it went down? US Fedration make a call on the phone and say yuh want ah game and the TTFF was caught by surprised and say yeah?

Is that how games are finalized between federations?

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2015, 04:16:23 AM »
Welcome news, indeed.

However ...

dais how it went down? US Fedration make a call on the phone and say yuh want ah game and the TTFF was caught by surprised and say yeah?

Oversimplification on both counts. However, the point remains that these games are likely not as a result of a TTFA initiative.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2015, 04:24:59 AM »
Welcome news, indeed.

However ...

Oversimplification on both counts. However, the point remains that these games are likely not as a result of a TTFA initiative.

Well stated Moses , well stated !!!!!   If I'm a betting man I'm betting that Randy Waldrum was involved in orchestrating this friendly due to his contacts with-in the US Soccer Federation from his involvement over the past number of years. Although only one game has been advised my sources tell me a second game is in the work's around December 10th in Texas. Waldrum is arriving in Trinidad with-in the next 48 hours to begin training for the upcoming CFU group 2 (round 1) competition (again rumored) to be hosted in Trinidad in early November.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2015, 04:35:19 AM »
http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2015/10/15/15/04/151015-wnt-to-play-trinidad-and-tobago-in-honolulu

CHICAGO (Oct. 15, 2015) – The first of four December matches for the U.S. Women’s National Team on its post-Women’s World Cup Victory Tour will be against Trinidad & Tobago on Dec. 6 in  Honolulu. The match will kick-off at 3 p.m. local time (8 p.m. ET) and will be broadcast on FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports GO.

The match in Hawaii and the previously announced match in New Orleans on Dec. 16 against China PR will bookend two other matches that will be announced shortly as the U.S. Women finish the Victory Tour with four games during an 11-day span in December. The USA will also face T&T on Dec. 10 at a venue to be announced.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See the enclosed link from the USA WNT Home page. Last evening it was posted however not the entire article (only the 1st paragraph was on-line). At some point during the night the entire story was updated and posted however if you click at the " Match " tab with -in the web site it still only shows the match in Hawaii. My sources tell me the 2nd match on Dec 10th will be in Austin Texas. I guess we will find out soon enough as the USA will want to make tickets available for the match.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2015, 04:44:06 AM »
Welcome news, indeed.

However ...

I asked and I was told that Sheldon was instrumental in getting these matches.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 07:04:29 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2015, 04:51:43 AM »
T&T women to face US in Honolulu.
T&T Guardian Reports.

The T&T Women’s team will face World champions United States in an international friendly on December 6, in Honolulu, Hawaii. The match will kick-off at 3 pm local time (8 pm ET) and will be broadcast on FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports GO.

It will be the first of four December matches for the US women’s team on its post-Women’s World Cup victory tour.

The match in Honolulu on the island of Oahu marks the first trip for T&T and the first international match hosted by US Soccer in Hawaii. It will also be only the second soccer match between national teams staged at Aloha Stadium.

The Philippines defeated Chinese Taipei 1-0 at the venue in 1976 in a match that was a part of a triple-header that also featured the Hawaii All-Stars against the San Diego Jaws (which played one season in the NASL) and the New York Cosmos against Team Honda from Japan, a match that featured four goals from Pelé.

Hawaii will be the 32nd US state (not including the District of Columbia) that the American women have played in since the programme’s inception in 1985.

T&T Women’s team head coach Randy Waldrum stated: “I’m extremely excited for the opportunity to face the World Champion US Women’s National Team. Our players need this type of competition in order to grow the women’s game in T&T. I’m grateful to the TTFA for organising this opportunity with US Soccer.”

TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee also added: “We are indeed very excited about being able to book this international friendly. Our team made us quite proud at the last CONCACAF World Cup qualification bid and now they are in the midst of preparations for the Olympic qualifying.

“You will recall that they gave a very strong showing against the US team in the CONCACAF round last year.

“This is a tremendous opportunity to face the World champions. It is a timely boost to our women’s national team programme,” he added.

US Women’s head coach Jill Ellis added: “When I took this job I was told of the importance of having a wide footprint in terms of where we bring the team to play and this first-ever game in Hawaii certainly stays true to that goal.

“We always enjoy going to new markets and giving fans across the country, and in December across the Pacific Ocean, a chance to see the team play.

“I know the players and staff are very excited about going to Hawaii and we are looking forward to the experience of being on Oahu and playing this historic match against T&T at Aloha Stadium.”

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2015, 05:35:32 AM »
Welcome news, indeed.

However ...

Kudos to Sheldon/TTFA then.   :beermug: :beermug:

« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 07:04:44 AM by Flex »
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2015, 05:40:41 AM »
Welcome news, indeed.

However ...

Well stated Moses , well stated !!!!!   If I'm a betting man I'm betting that Randy Waldrum was involved in orchestrating this friendly due to his contacts with-in the US Soccer Federation from his involvement over the past number of years. Although only one game has been advised my sources tell me a second game is in the work's around December 10th in Texas. Waldrum is arriving in Trinidad with-in the next 48 hours to begin training for the upcoming CFU group 2 (round 1) competition (again rumored) to be hosted in Trinidad in early November.

Absolute not true.

Sheldon have worked with the U.S. and through his connections got these games.

You guys have to stop being negative all the time.

Give credit where credit is due.

Randy had nothing to do with these games.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 05:42:19 AM by Flex »

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2015, 06:01:26 AM »
Welcome news, indeed.

However ...

Absolute not true.

Thanks Flex  for the update well you are better connected than I am .  ;D
Congratulations to Sheldon in securing these two friendlies for our Women's program in December.
Job well done sir  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

I know I am getting ahead of myself however with these two friendlies being secured I hope that there are more to come in the near future ( tournaments to be entered into such as the Cyprus and or Algarve just to name two) .The road to 2019 WWC is a very long journey of which will involve a lot of long term planning and preparation. However it will be here before we know it. A step in the right direction.

Good luck Soca Warrior Women in CFU competition in early November.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2015, 07:05:47 AM »
Positive news. Must keep pressure on TTFA.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2015, 08:03:02 AM »
Welcome news, indeed.

However ...

see dais why you should not be a betting man.  :D

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2015, 08:05:21 AM »
Welcome news, indeed.

However ...

Absolute not true.

I am glad you came and clarified what happened.

Some of us really need to quit the instant knee-jerk negative thinking.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2015, 08:53:04 AM »
Welcome news, indeed.

However ...

Absolute not true.

And by "some of us" you mean whom exactly?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2015, 08:55:04 AM »
Welcome news, indeed.

However ...

Absolute not true.

Saying names will encourage negative discourse that will not be fruitful. However the point that was made is "Some of us really need to quit the instant knee-jerk negative thinking."  :)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2015, 09:01:47 AM »
Welcome news, indeed.

However ...

No doubt in my mind that he was an 'instrument' in the outcome.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2015, 09:04:30 AM »
Welcome news, indeed.

However ...

Absolute not true.

Saying names will encourage negative discourse that will not be fruitful. However the point that was made is "Some of us really need to quit the instant knee-jerk negative thinking."  :)

I eh have time to play Socapro wid you today, eh. :devil:

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
US WNT will face T&T in San Antonio in 2nd of four December Victory Tour Match
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2015, 01:12:38 PM »
US WNT will face T&T in San Antonio in second of four December Victory Tour Matches
ussoccer.com

The U.S. Women’s National Team will play Trinidad & Tobago twice in December on its post-Women’s World Cup Victory Tour, with the 2015 Women’s World Cup champions stopping in San Antonio on Dec. 10 for a match at the Alamodome.

The match in Texas will kick off at 8 p.m. CT and the game will be broadcast on ESPN2 and WatchESPN. The USA will also play T&T at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu on Dec. 6 (3 p.m. local/8 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports GO) before traveling to the Alamo City.

Tickets for the San Antonio game go on sale to the public Friday, Oct. 23, at 10 a.m. CT through ussoccer.com, by phone at 1-800-745-3000 and at all Ticketmaster ticket centers throughout San Antonio (including many HEB and Walmart locations), as well as the Alamodome ticket office (open Monday-Friday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.). Groups of 20 or more can order at ussoccer.com or call 312-528-1290. Ultimate Fan Tickets (special VIP packages that include a premium ticket, a custom-made official U.S. National Team jersey with name and number, VIP access to the field before and after the game, and other unique benefits) are also available exclusively through ussoccer.com.

The U.S. WNT has played T&T eight times, most recently a 1-0 victory during group play of the qualifying tournament for the 2015 Women’s World Cup. Abby Wambach’s goal in the 54th minute was the difference. Five of the eight games have been in CONCACAF qualifying competitions.

The U.S. Women have played 12 matches all-time in the state of Texas, including two visits to San Antonio. The USA played at the Alamodome in October of 2013, a 4-0 victory against Australia. The USA also played a pre-Olympic warm-up match in San Antonio in 1996 at Blossom Field, a 3-0 win vs. Sweden.

Next up for the USA are two games in October against Brazil, the first presented by Liberty Mutual Insurance at CenturyLink Field in Seattle on Wednesday, Oct. 21 (7 p.m. PT on ESPN2/WatchESPN; buy tickets here), and the second on Sunday, Oct. 25, at the Orlando Citrus Bowl in Central Florida (2:30 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1/FOX Sports GO; buy tickets here).
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for USA Women vs T&T Women Games (06 & 10 - Dec-2015)
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2015, 04:03:48 PM »
Big up to the TTFA !!!

Top game.

Good job Sheldon.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2015, 07:44:41 PM »
Waldrum selects final T&T Women's Team to face the USA.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Trinidad and Tobago Senior Women’s Team Head Coach Randy Waldrum today announced the final squad for the two International Friendlies with United States on December 6th and December 10th.

The home-based players departing Port of Spain on December 4th and will be joined by Waldrum and the overseas-based players later that day in Hawaii.

Included in the team is forward Kennya Cordner along with regulars from the previous team that participated in the World Cup qualifiers such as defender Arin King, Janine Francois, goalkeeper Kimika Forbes, Ahkeela Mollon, Khadidra Debessette, Karyn Forbes and Mariah Shade.

Waldrum spoke about the two upcoming matches, describing it as an excellent opportunity for the team to face the World champions, but he did express concern about the lack of preparations leading up to the two meeting.

“It’s going to be a great opportunity to play the reigning world champions,” Waldrum told TTFA Media on Monday.

“Top level international games such as these two are exactly what we need to prepare for the Olympic Qualifiers, and for the future growth of our team. However I’m very concerned as the preparation for these games have been very poor. The team itself has not been together so for many the first game will be the first time the players have even played together,” he added.

Looking at the composition of his selection, Waldrum said while he has included players that made up the squad from the 2015 World Cup qualifiers, he has included some new faces.

“I am bringing in some new players which I wanted to look at as far back as the World Cup Qualifiers and for different reasons was not able too. We’ll have the core of the team there with some question marks on a few such as Mariah Shade and Patrice Superville who are nursing injuries.”

Waldrum is optimistic about the team’s chances in the CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Final Round next February, saying he hopes this level of preparation with games such as the ones against the US can become a regular occurrence.

“As I said earlier, these are the kind of competitions we need for all of our national teams. Our preparation for the World Cup last year only included a local men’s team, a local youth boys team, and a youth girls team in Dallas. That is not the way our national teams should prepare. So these games are huge for us, not in terms of the results but simply in terms of the experience of playing top competition. I just wish we would have had time to actually train before the games with all of our players. We would have gotten so much more out of these games if we had.

Waldrum who was in Trinidad recently, will team up with fellow staff members Sharon O’Brien (Manager), Ben Waldrum (Assistant Coach), Anthony Creece (Assistant Coach), Benyam Astorga (Trainer), Claire George (Kit manager), Clayton Ince (Goalkeeper coach) and Michael Taylor (Physio).

The first of the two friendlies which is part of the US Victory tour, will be played on December 6th Aloha Stadium in Honolulu at 3 p.m. local/8 p.m. ET and will be aired on FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports GO).The Second match in Texas on December 10th will kick off at 8 p.m. CT and the game will be broadcast on ESPN2 and WatchESPN.

T&T Squad for USA matches.

Goalkeepers

Saundra Baron, Kimika Forbes.

Defenders

Lauryn Hutchinson, Arin King (capt), Danielle Blair, Patrice Superville, Brianna Ryce, Khadidra Debessette, Janine Francois.

Midfielders

Karyn Forbes, Nia Walcott, Ahkeela Mollon, Tasha St. Louis, Liana Hinds, Amira Walcott, Annalis Cummings, Victoria Swift, Janice Johnson.

Forwards

Kennya Cordner, Mariah Shade.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 05:00:15 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2015, 05:56:33 AM »
U.S. Team

Goalkeepers

Ashlyn Harris (Orlando Pride), Alyssa Naeher (Chicago Red Stars), Hope Solo (Seattle Reign FC).

Defenders

Crystal Dunn (Washington Spirit), Whitney Engen (Boston Breakers), Jaelene Hinkle (Western NY Flash), Julie Johnston (Chicago Red Stars), Meghan Klingenberg (Portland Thorns FC), Ali Krieger (Washington Spirit), Kelley O’Hara (Sky Blue FC), Christie Rampone (Sky Blue FC), Becky Sauerbrunn (FC Kansas City), Emily Sonnett (Univ. of Virginia).

Midfielders

Morgan Brian (Houston Dash), Danielle Colaprico (Chicago Red Stars), Tobin Heath (Portland Thorns FC), Rose Lavelle (Wisconsin), Carli Lloyd (Houston Dash), Samantha Mewis (Western NY Flash), Heather O’Reilly (FC Kansas City), Megan Rapinoe (Seattle Reign FC).

Forwards

Lindsey Horan (PSG), Sydney Leroux (Western NY Flash), Stephanie McCaffrey (Boston Breakers), Alex Morgan (Orlando Pride), Christen Press (Chicago Red Stars), Amy Rodriguez (FC Kansas City), Abby Wambach (unattached).

« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 06:01:28 AM by Flex »

1]; } ?>