March 28, 2024, 03:28:47 PM

Author Topic: Thread for USA Women vs T&T Women Games (06 & 10 - Dec-2015)  (Read 20254 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for USA Women vs T&T Women Games (06 & 10 - Dec-2015)
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2015, 09:18:03 AM »
Got my answer. Manager & Coach IN. (Based on Puerto Rico game )

Players out: Naomie Guerra, Nicolette Craig (GK),Melissa Woo Ling,Daniella Findley, Dernelle Mascall, Sharain Cummings.

Players IN: Saudra Baron (GK), Patrice Superville, Brianna Ryce,Nia Walcott, Liana Hinds, Amira Walcott, Janice Johnson,Kennya Cordner, Mariah Shade.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2015, 09:36:57 AM »
Naomie Guerra and Kayla Taylor was real decent players.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rapinoe tears right knee ligament
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2015, 02:28:08 PM »
Rapinoe tears right knee ligament
FIFA.com

USA women's star midfielder Megan Rapinoe has suffered a torn right knee ligament during training and will undergo surgery with hope of returning in time for the Rio Olympics.

The 30-year-old from Seattle suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in a non-contact incident in Honolulu, an MRI exam disclosed. Rapinoe helped the Americans win the FIFA Women's World Cup earlier this year in Canada and was a finalist for FIFA Women's World Player of the Year. She scored two goals in an opening-match victory over Australia to spark the USA title run.

"I want to thank my team-mates and the staff for the amazing support I've received so far," Rapinoe said. "I know I'll be in the best of hands moving forward and I'll be doing everything I can to get healthy as soon as possible. This is obviously a very difficult time, but I do feel super confident in my recovery as I've gone through this before and I know what the process will be like."

Rapinoe, who has 31 goals in 113 USA caps, tore the same ligament in her left knee twice in college.

"She's certainly a major part of this team, both on and off the field, so to see her go down is tough," USA coach Jill Ellis said. "Megan has a great support system and she's very resilient, so we know she will be back as soon as possible. Players getting injured is always hard, but all of her team-mates know that one of the strengths of this team is depth and everyone in the player pool is prepared to step up as we continue to prepare for Olympic qualifying."

The Americans are three-time defending Olympic women's football champions and have won four of the five Olympic women's finals contested, losing the other to Norway in 2000 at Sydney. They beat Japan 2-1 in the 2012 London Olympic final.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2015, 06:11:50 AM »
T&T vs USA women’s friendly cancelled.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

The Trinidad and Tobago versus United States Women’s International Match scheduled for today, December 6th, in Honolulu, Hawaii has been cancelled due  to an unfit artificial playing surface for international football.

Below is the Full Press Release issued by U.S. Soccer, the hosts of the international match. Further information will be released in due course.  Both teams are scheduled to meet in San Antonio on Thursday.

On Saturday, the T&T vs Honduras CONCACAF Women’s Under 20 World Cup qualifier was also cancelled due to bad weather which made the field  unplayable. The game will be played today (Sunday) from 2pm (4pm TT time) at the International School in San Pedro Sula

CHICAGO (Dec. 5, 2015) – U.S. Soccer has cancelled the U.S. Women’s National Team Victory Tour match scheduled for Sunday, Dec. 6, at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii, after a determination that the artificial turf surface is not suitable to hold an international soccer match.

Upon testing the playing surface during the WNT’s training session earlier on Dec. 5, and after all possible options available were considered to get the field in a playable condition, the decision was made by U.S. Soccer to cancel the match.

“We extend our sincere apologies to those fans who were scheduled to attend the U.S. Women’s National Team match in Hawaii,” said U.S. Soccer spokesman Neil Buethe. “Player safety is our number one priority at all times and after a thorough inspection throughout the day, we determined it was in the best interest for both teams to not play the match. We regret not being able to play in front of our fantastic, loyal fans.”

All ticket buyers will be fully refunded. All internet and phone orders will be automatically refunded with a confirmation sent via email. Fans that purchased at Ticketmaster ticket centers will need to return their tickets to the location where purchased in order to obtain a refund. Those who purchased at Aloha Stadium will need to return to the venue ticket office (open Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.).

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2015, 07:14:17 AM »
Quote from: Jumbie link=topic=64915.msg942166#msg942166 d Iate=1444946202
Nice piece of news.. hoping we eh have to do ah sou sou to get them there.
I haven't heard the words "sou sou"for many years,the last time I heard it was from an African friend,he was from Ghana,and it means the same in that country.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2015, 08:39:54 AM »
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

The Trinidad and Tobago versus United States Women’s International Match scheduled for today, December 6th, in Honolulu, Hawaii has been cancelled due  to an unfit artificial playing surface for international football.

Below is the Full Press Release issued by U.S. Soccer, the hosts of the international match. Further information will be released in due course.  Both teams are scheduled to meet in San Antonio on Thursday.

On Saturday, the T&T vs Honduras CONCACAF Women’s Under 20 World Cup qualifier was also cancelled due to bad weather which made the field  unplayable. The game will be played today (Sunday) from 2pm (4pm TT time) at the International School in San Pedro Sula

CHICAGO (Dec. 5, 2015) – U.S. Soccer has cancelled the U.S. Women’s National Team Victory Tour match scheduled for Sunday, Dec. 6, at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii, after a determination that the artificial turf surface is not suitable to hold an international soccer match.

Upon testing the playing surface during the WNT’s training session earlier on Dec. 5, and after all possible options available were considered to get the field in a playable condition, the decision was made by U.S. Soccer to cancel the match.

“We extend our sincere apologies to those fans who were scheduled to attend the U.S. Women’s National Team match in Hawaii,” said U.S. Soccer spokesman Neil Buethe. “Player safety is our number one priority at all times and after a thorough inspection throughout the day, we determined it was in the best interest for both teams to not play the match. We regret not being able to play in front of our fantastic, loyal fans.”

All ticket buyers will be fully refunded. All internet and phone orders will be automatically refunded with a confirmation sent via email. Fans that purchased at Ticketmaster ticket centers will need to return their tickets to the location where purchased in order to obtain a refund. Those who purchased at Aloha Stadium will need to return to the venue ticket office (open Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.).

if de shoe was on de other foot and it was we who cancel last minute because of an unsuitable ground yuh would have heard cries about how embarrassing this is. I ain't hearing anything as it's de US.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2015, 09:56:25 AM »
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Woulda expect these things from T&T, not USA, they shoulda send somebody out there to check de field long time.

I wonder if the TTFA will be reimburse?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2015, 11:15:53 AM »
Quote from: Jumbie link=topic=64915.msg942166#msg942166 d Iate=1444946202
Nice piece of news.. hoping we eh have to do ah sou sou to get them there.
I haven't heard the words "sou sou"for many years,the last time I heard it was from an African friend,he was from Ghana,and it means the same in that country.

Funny you mention that. My Ghanaian partner does pronounce it as "ehsou sou".

Jamaicans call it "padna". Don't know the roots of that.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2015, 12:54:48 PM »
gawd on pitch ,I am sure if you dig deeper,you'll find a lot of words in TT have Ghanaian origins,not totally but they have the Trini stamp.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2015, 01:04:13 PM »
gawd on pitch ,I am sure if you dig deeper,you'll find a lot of words in TT have Ghanaian origins,not totally but they have the Trini stamp.

That's right. It would be hard to deny it.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2015, 10:36:33 PM »
sure it have more understory here..even so, in the whole ah Honolulu, another appropriate field wasn't in sight ? an US soccer didn't verify the field conditions before ? dem better pay TTFA for their off field games, since they want to jam Fifa

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2015, 02:49:01 AM »
Waldrum laments TT, US match cancellation.
T&T Newsday Reports.

Trinidad and Tobago women’s team head coach Randy Waldrum says that his players will not lose focus and will shift their attention to the second of what was supposed to be two international friendlies against world champions United States on Thursday in San Antonio.

Waldrum was speaking yesterday afternoon following the decision by US Soccer to cancel yesterday’s match at the Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii due to an unfit artificial playing surface.

The TT team trained for 90 minutes on the surface on Saturday.

“I think we always have a responsibility to look out for players’ safety first, so I understand the reason for the cancellation,” Waldrum told TTFA Media.

“The field had two main areas of concern. There were some seams in the turf on each end of the field right inside the six yard box. The turf was coming up around these seams, so with the traffic that would be in these areas it would be a problem,” Waldrum explained.

As to the general feeling in the camp about the cancellation of the game which was said to have a soldout attendance of 50,000, Waldrum added: “We are disappointed not to get to play here, just as I’m sure the US Women’s national team are too.

“I think however our players understand it and of course support watching out for the safety of the teams first and foremost.” The team will move onto San Antonio within the next twenty- four hours to prepare for Thursday’s match. Meantime, another group of TT women’s players and staff members are off to Natal, Brazil for the invitation four-nation tournament where they face hosts Brazil in their opening game on Wednesday.

In a media release yesterday, US Soccer officials revealed: “Upon testing the playing surface during the Women’s National Team’s training session earlier on December 5, and after all possible options available were considered to get the field in a playable condition, the decision was made by US Soccer to cancel the match.” “We extend our sincere apologies to those fans who were scheduled to attend the US Women’s National Team match in Hawaii,” said US Soccer spokesman Neil Buethe.

“Player safety is our number one priority at all times and after a thorough inspection throughout the day, we determined it was in the best interest for both teams to not play the match. We regret not being able to play in front of our fantastic, loyal fans.” All ticket buyers were promised a full refund.

On Saturday, the TT vs Honduras CONCACAF Women’s Under 20 World Cup qualifier was also cancelled due to bad weather which made the field unplayable.

The game was expected to be played yesterday at the International School in San Pedro Sula.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2015, 05:37:08 AM »
There is more to this... Think about it?! Did #1 ranked USA really intend to play 2 games against us?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2015, 06:17:29 AM »
There is more to this... Think about it?! Did #1 ranked USA really intend to play 2 games against us?

Like what? Part of the reason for the USA Victory Tour was to make money. Reports indicate that there were about 16,000 tickets already sold. I eh think dey would just want to throwaway that plus money from de broadcasting of de game just on ah whim or because dey eh feel like playing we twice. The USA was scheduled to play all opponents (Costa Rica, Haiti, Brazil, T&T, China) twice.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2015, 11:15:47 AM »

So they go waste they money for nothing?

De US owe we one, they should come play in T&T in March.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2015, 12:17:08 PM »
sure it have more understory here..even so, in the whole ah Honolulu, another appropriate field wasn't in sight ? an US soccer didn't verify the field conditions before ? dem better pay TTFA for their off field games, since they want to jam Fifa

How familiar are you with Honolulu (or Oahu for that matter)?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2015, 01:27:53 PM »

How familiar are you with Honolulu (or Oahu for that matter)?
..not at all.. just google
http://www.hawaiisoccerassociation.com/    and
http://stadiums.pointafter.com/d/c/Hawaii

however, i'm sure field conditions don't change drastically in a couple days/weeks..but I don't know their weather systems either, that's why I can't offer no suggestion or definite comment ..it could be, very likely be, in the smaller fields, the fan base could not be accommodated..but informed a week before, we could have flown anywhere closer than hawaii..that can take days to recover too..just sayin..nothing substantial
..i know here, one minute is  nice..next minute is snowstorm..but is not we career involved..man does get beat and left in snowbank an ting...shame to come out, cause ppl deadin with laugh..just jokin only happen once.

add: if it's all about the money..then as long as we doh lorse..in the snow bank
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 01:30:44 PM by maxg »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2015, 03:08:34 PM »
.not at all.. just google

however, i'm sure field conditions don't change drastically in a couple days/weeks..but I don't know their weather systems either, that's why I can't offer no suggestion or definite comment ..it could be, very likely be, in the smaller fields, the fan base could not be accommodated..but informed a week before, we could have flown anywhere closer than hawaii..that can take days to recover too..just sayin..nothing substantial
..i know here, one minute is  nice..next minute is snowstorm..but is not we career involved..man does get beat and left in snowbank an ting...shame to come out, cause ppl deadin with laugh..just jokin only happen once.

add: if it's all about the money..then as long as we doh lorse..in the snow bank

Hawaii is a volcanic chain of islands, meaning it's very mountainous... there aren't that many areas where you could even build a proper pitch.  Flat, open fields notwithstanding, there's also the issue of capacity.  Even Aloha Stadium only hosts 50,000 spectators, and capacity aside, it's probably the only one that could field an international match.  The problem is with the field size, which forced them to lay down additional turf to make the narrower NFL field wide enough to meet international match standards.  The manner in which the turf was laid caused it to separate in areas creating seams...

https://twitter.com/hopesolo/status/673387951653388288/photo/1

That's not the fault of the USSF, that's the fault of Stadium management.  I don't know when this match was planned, but I'm sure it wasn't that far in advance that there was reasonable time for inspection and what not... and that's not even taking into consideration the Stadium schedule, was it even feasible to lay down the turf and discover the issues earlier.  People does just react sometimes without really thinking the issue through.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2015, 03:45:00 PM »

Hawaii is a volcanic chain of islands, meaning it's very mountainous... there aren't that many areas where you could even build a proper pitch.  Flat, open fields notwithstanding, there's also the issue of capacity.  Even Aloha Stadium only hosts 50,000 spectators, and capacity aside, it's probably the only one that could field an international match.  The problem is with the field size, which forced them to lay down additional turf to make the narrower NFL field wide enough to meet international match standards.  The manner in which the turf was laid caused it to separate in areas creating seams...

That's not the fault of the USSF, that's the fault of Stadium management.  I don't know when this match was planned, but I'm sure it wasn't that far in advance that there was reasonable time for inspection and what not... and that's not even taking into consideration the Stadium schedule, was it even feasible to lay down the turf and discover the issues earlier.  People does just react sometimes without really thinking the issue through.

The USSF is 100 % to blame. Who do you think is responsible for sending an advanced scout to ensure a pitch is up to par. Whenever the USA men's play a USSF facilities scout is sent out months in advance to inspect and any defencies are reported and the facility is expected to fix or they run the risk of losing a friendly. With less than 30 days the facility is revisited to ensure any orders to fix are in compliance. Their was no advanced scout sent out to Hawaii. Why is the bigger question. They relied on the word of an independent contractor which obviously the contractor did not do their due dligence to ensure the field was safe for play.  :bs:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2015, 04:15:05 PM »

The USSF is 100 % to blame. Who do you think is responsible for sending an advanced scout to ensure a pitch is up to par. Whenever the USA men's play a USSF facilities scout is sent out months in advance to inspect and any defencies are reported and the facility is expected to fix or they run the risk of losing a friendly. With less than 30 days the facility is revisited to ensure any orders to fix are in compliance. Their was no advanced scout sent out to Hawaii. Why is the bigger question. They relied on the word of an independent contractor which obviously the contractor did not do their due dligence to ensure the field was safe for play.  :bs:

I don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but one of us knows what they're talking about, and it's not you.  I have no interest in going back and forth on this because it's not going to get anywhere.  Responsibility lies with Aloha stadium, end of story.  Do you know how far in advance this facility was booked?  Do you know what assurances were given as to the widening of the pitch and the quality of work that was to be done? Procurement for this facility was done no differently than is regularly done for other US national team friendlies, the breakdown happened on the local level and one needs to look no further than Aloha Stadium operations.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2015, 04:27:54 PM »
T&T Women arrive in San Antonio today.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

The Trinidad and Tobago Senior Women’s Team is scheduled to arrive in San Antonio on Monday evening ahead of Thursday’s International Friendly with the United States at the Alamadome.

The T&T team, under head coach Randy Waldrum, left Honolulu, Hawaii at 2pm.

With the game on Sunday being cancelled due to unfit field conditions, Waldrum conducted a session with the players on the beach before the team engaged in some light sight seeing during the evening period.

“We were able to have a session on the beach just to keep the players active with the game being off and then we head over to San Antonio where we will resume the full program in relation to preparing for Thursday’s game,” Waldrum told TTFA Media.

“I think the mood is quite good and everybody is in great anticipation for the game. I think more so than before because of the fact that we didn’t get to take the field on Sunday. We’ll keep focused and go into the game with a lot of anticipation and of course we expect the match to be extremely tough,” he added.

Team manager Sharon O’Brien, who will also travel with the contingent to Natal, Brazil on Friday, said “Everything is in place for our travel. The mood is still quite upbeat and the players were able to get some training in on the beach yesterday which was quite good and enjoyable. Now we’re heading off to San Antonio to continue the preparations.”

Officials said 16,000 tickets were sold for the game in Hawaii and US player Abby Wambach said the U.S. team was disappointed about the cancellation as the scenario continues to be a big talking point

“The reality is we have to be prepared for anything,” said Wambach, “and sometimes it’s making tough decisions and setting up what’s best for the team. Right now, it’s not taking the pitch against Trinidad (and Tobago) on that field.

“We’re sad — it’s our first time here in Hawaii and we wanted to give something to the fans to cheer about. We want them to make them feel part of our world, our culture, so it’s a bummer, but we will come back. We just got to get a better pitch to play on.”

The venue for Thursday’s game also holds an artificial pitch which was installed in September, 2014. The U.S. Women’s team last played there against Australia in 2013 and Australian forward Kyah Simon tore her ACL on a non-contact play.

Following the cancellation of Sunday’s match, U.S. Soccer is already putting a four-team tournament in place next year in Florida with Germany, France and England are being named as the three other FIFA World Ranking Top 5 teams that will join the U.S. in the new tournament ahead of the Rio Olympics. Reports are that Florida will be the location, though venue details as well as team confirmations are still being secured.

“Bringing quality opponents in, that was the priority. To bring good teams to our American public so they can see Germany, France on our soil, and England,” U.S. coach Jill Ellis said Saturday.

Regardless of all that has transpired over the past 48 hours, the T&T Women’s team will keep their goal in sights which is qualifying for the Rio Olympics.

“We have a major tournament to prepare for next year and that has to remain our main priority,” Waldrum said. “We’ve got this game ahead of us on Thursday and then we travel to Brazil to continue the preparations and that’s our main focus at the moment. Our goal is to keep working and building as a team towards to Olympic qualifiers next year.”

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2015, 04:37:56 PM »
T&T Women arrive in San Antonio today.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

The Trinidad and Tobago Senior Women’s Team is scheduled to arrive in San Antonio on Monday evening ahead of Thursday’s International Friendly with the United States at the Alamadome.

The T&T team, under head coach Randy Waldrum, left Honolulu, Hawaii at 2pm.

With the game on Sunday being cancelled due to unfit field conditions, Waldrum conducted a session with the players on the beach before the team engaged in some light sight seeing during the evening period.

“We were able to have a session on the beach just to keep the players active with the game being off and then we head over to San Antonio where we will resume the full program in relation to preparing for Thursday’s game,” Waldrum told TTFA Media.

“I think the mood is quite good and everybody is in great anticipation for the game. I think more so than before because of the fact that we didn’t get to take the field on Sunday. We’ll keep focused and go into the game with a lot of anticipation and of course we expect the match to be extremely tough,” he added.

Team manager Sharon O’Brien, who will also travel with the contingent to Natal, Brazil on Friday, said “Everything is in place for our travel. The mood is still quite upbeat and the players were able to get some training in on the beach yesterday which was quite good and enjoyable. Now we’re heading off to San Antonio to continue the preparations.”

Officials said 16,000 tickets were sold for the game in Hawaii and US player Abby Wambach said the U.S. team was disappointed about the cancellation as the scenario continues to be a big talking point

“The reality is we have to be prepared for anything,” said Wambach, “and sometimes it’s making tough decisions and setting up what’s best for the team. Right now, it’s not taking the pitch against Trinidad (and Tobago) on that field.

“We’re sad — it’s our first time here in Hawaii and we wanted to give something to the fans to cheer about. We want them to make them feel part of our world, our culture, so it’s a bummer, but we will come back. We just got to get a better pitch to play on.”

The venue for Thursday’s game also holds an artificial pitch which was installed in September, 2014. The U.S. Women’s team last played there against Australia in 2013 and Australian forward Kyah Simon tore her ACL on a non-contact play.

Following the cancellation of Sunday’s match, U.S. Soccer is already putting a four-team tournament in place next year in Florida with Germany, France and England are being named as the three other FIFA World Ranking Top 5 teams that will join the U.S. in the new tournament ahead of the Rio Olympics. Reports are that Florida will be the location, though venue details as well as team confirmations are still being secured.

“Bringing quality opponents in, that was the priority. To bring good teams to our American public so they can see Germany, France on our soil, and England,” U.S. coach Jill Ellis said Saturday.

Regardless of all that has transpired over the past 48 hours, the T&T Women’s team will keep their goal in sights which is qualifying for the Rio Olympics.

“We have a major tournament to prepare for next year and that has to remain our main priority,” Waldrum said. “We’ve got this game ahead of us on Thursday and then we travel to Brazil to continue the preparations and that’s our main focus at the moment. Our goal is to keep working and building as a team towards to Olympic qualifiers next year.”

I don't think the team would be unhappy.

Honolulu is one of the most beautiful spots on the planet.  They would have stayed in very nice accommodations.....and nuff tings to do there....plus the beach and water....actually...the entire experience in Waikiki is bess. 

An experience many on the team will cherish I'm sure.....match or no match.

Interesting that Team Manager O'Brien is part of the contingent and Cordner and Attin-Johnson dey too

Glad tings appear to have worked out and peeps movin forward.   

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 04:40:09 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2015, 04:44:33 PM »

No Reaction displayed by anybody..kneejerk or sphincter..we just talkin..however, if TTFA invite US or any team to play a game in TT at any of our stadiums..them reach, and TTFA say stadium management haven't done the necessary preparation to ensure proper order, game off due to improper facilities. TTFA could blame Stadia management how much they want, but who will be responsible for US Team cost, and receive blame for cancellation. Stadium management or TTFA ? most likely, taxpayers, no... we just chattin here..everything is not a debate.. If you think, stadium would be held responsible that's fine, TTFA still probably won't be in the clear as far as that team coming again...
again, just sayin..not putting blood on stone
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 04:46:24 PM by maxg »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2015, 04:46:02 PM »

No Reaction displayed by anybody..kneejerk or sphincter..we just talkin..however, if TTFA invite US or any team to play a game in TT at any of our stadiums..them reach, and TTFA say stadium management haven't done the necessary preparation to ensure proper order, game off due to improper facilities. TTFA could blame Stadia management how much they want, but who will be responsible for US Team cost, and receive blame for cancellation. Stadium management or TTFA ? most likely, taxpayers, no... we just chattin here..everything is not a debate.. If you think, stadium would be held responsible that's fine, TTFA still probably won't be in the clear as far as that team coming again.

And what if TTFA incurred no cost whatsoever for the team to go to Hawaii?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2015, 05:06:28 PM »

And what if TTFA incurred no cost whatsoever for the team to go to Hawaii?

The TTFA paid for the flight... but again, any responsibility for compensating the FA would lie with the party who breached the agreement, and if the USSF is not the one's causing the breach then they would never, in any way shape or form be responsible... except in the court of public opinion, since the public don't know any better.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2015, 05:32:53 PM »
there is always a cost once yuh leave yuh house..ans ther is still a cost when yuh stay home.. to keep ppl training, coaches, time off from school or work, bringing together National players..always a cost. .and to a body in the financial situation as TTFA, any would be substantial.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2015, 06:01:13 PM »
there is always a cost once yuh leave yuh house..ans ther is still a cost when yuh stay home.. to keep ppl training, coaches, time off from school or work, bringing together National players..always a cost. .and to a body in the financial situation as TTFA, any would be substantial.

International teams always looking for competition for their teams.  Given that National teams seldom get together, the successful national teams are those that play as regularly as possible in a competitive environment.  To that end, the "richer" federations often fund the accommodation, ground transportation, meals, and sometimes even flights for those teams they identify as desirable.  It's done regularly in Mens football and would be no different in Womens football.

You think T&T went quite Argentina to play Argentina and Iraq on their own?  A broke Federation to boot?

It is to T&T's credit that they are considered competitive enough in both Men's and Women's football to be considered attractive enough to come to mind for these matches/tournaments.   A lot of things have to fall into place and looks like the timing, etc all fell into place.  It could also be an indicator that someone behind the scenes (a booking agent is usually in play) actually doing some work in this regard.

As far as compensation is concerned, where else could a Federation like ours be scheduled to play the World Champions in the sport twice in a week for the cost of plane tickets?  And even if one match is cancelled, the exposure, bonding, experience, and competitive environment is priceless.

Refund?  We should be giving thanks we have the opportunity in the first place....PLUS a quasi all expenses paid vacation to one of the world's top tourist destinations.

Positive development for our football.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2015, 08:32:16 PM »
Stadium management did a piss poor job in laying the turf, but ultimately the USSF has to shoulder the blame for this one. I honestly don't know they scheduled this game at that stadium in the first place.  The only thing that comes to mind is the anniversary of Pearl Harbor (the site of the attack, and memorial is less than a mile away) and perhaps they were planning on using this as a means of honoring the vets and memories of those who died.  Happy for the ladies that they at least got a chance to hit the beach, and Palos is correct, Waikiki is gorgeous.  Pity they didn't have a little more time to make the most of the visit.  The one downside is the extreme expense in traveling literally to the other side of the world.  If you were to find Hawaii on a globe it is almost exactly opposite TnT longitudinally.

1]; } ?>