April 19, 2024, 03:08:59 AM

Author Topic: Need advice on best procedure  (Read 3589 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Need advice on best procedure
« on: October 01, 2015, 06:45:25 PM »
There is a youth who sometimes runs with us..His dad is part of our fete match team. This youth is the best allround player at that age I have ever seen, and I have seen many. This guy can play snr pro now, but if he's not seen .Seeker, come up, we have Scarborough this wknd. Anyway, he father from St Martin , so he not going that route. He will surely make Canada, if they don't bias him. Hard to make a Canadian team from Quebec, has always been. I have a funny feeling if we don't get him into a program fast, he will burn like money. He doesn't play with a club at present, but he travels with teams to Tournaments (national & International). We're keeping him motivated so far - not to hard - he's a real ballho..according to his dad he's maintaining good school marks..but he's definitely to good for our college system here. Thoughts ? What would be normal contact. I don't think writing to clubs will do it. I have been out of the loop to long, I don't know the major players anymore. Guidance please.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Need advice on best procedure
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 08:33:31 PM »
How old is he? Not sure if his family will be interested in him trying out for an MLS Generation Adidas youth team, for example Montreal Impact has a team http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/image/impact-u16-generation-adidas-cup-lineup.
You can read more about it here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_adidas but it's a development program for young players who are capable of eventually playing in the MLS.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 08:57:06 PM »
The parents want to keep him in Canada?

P.S. Yuh done know ah doh need no encouragement to make that flex, buh ah would need a private jet to pull that off.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 09:11:35 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 09:30:23 PM »
How old is he? Not sure if his family will be interested in him trying out for an MLS Generation Adidas youth team, for example Montreal Impact has a team http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/image/impact-u16-generation-adidas-cup-lineup.
You can read more about it here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_adidas but it's a development program for young players who are capable of eventually playing in the MLS.
he just turned 16. I will speak to family at length this weekend as per long term plans. I don't know why he hasn't been invited to Impact as yet. I will find out more details as to what they have tried so far. I personally find the dad going to easy on this, but he's a cool guy. more to follow.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 05:21:37 AM »
PM me his full info and eligibility.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 12:59:32 PM »
PM me his full info and eligibility.

thanks flex..once i have all details this wknd.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 01:59:16 PM »
Richard Goddar used to play pro ball in Canada, he might have some insight and contacts.

Also is not hard to contact SH and he's cool enough to answer.

VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 12:45:54 PM »
ok..He's 18. Older than I thought. That is an issue with Junior Academies.
He's willing to go trials, but funding is limited. Is he really 2 years to late ? Is the Impact look in still an option ? I don't thinks so
As a Canadian Citizen is the Generation Adidas still an option ?
Is possibly US college his last option. His dad says his marks are good, but  how good is enough. When I ask parents about marks and I don't hear honour roll, I think scholarships might be a problem.  I advised him to start looking into doing his SAT asap.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 01:55:20 PM »
I don't know what his academic ambitions are but as a backup plan, try Central or WC at home. Even if he makes just the youth team he could break into the Sr. team. He would then have the option of Concacaf football.
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 02:20:10 PM »
Might be too old for Generation Adidas but he can try-out for the Impact's U18 team if he's eligible. He'll have to register ASAP if interested as try-outs is in the next few days http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/news/2015/08/tryouts-opening-academy

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 02:52:54 PM »
Might be too old for Generation Adidas but he can try-out for the Impact's U18 team if he's eligible. He'll have to register ASAP if interested as try-outs is in the next few days http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/news/2015/08/tryouts-opening-academy
Thanks. Will pass message tonight.
vb.. TT is not an option.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2015, 06:50:58 AM »
Family thanks you soccerman. However, the deadline was closed. They tried writing for a squeeze in. Don't know why his coach didn't see about this. Dammit. Anyway Next step or suggestions ?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2015, 09:40:05 AM »
Family thanks you soccerman. However, the deadline was closed. They tried writing for a squeeze in. Don't know why his coach didn't see about this. Dammit. Anyway Next step or suggestions ?
Tell him to show up at try-outs with his boots and beg the coach ;D
If he wants to go to college in the US, he can join an academy team that travels to showcase tournaments in the US and Canada where he can be seen by college coaches. If he should also get a highlight tape and game tapes to send to coaches, since he'll have to market himself. And like you mentioned, solid grades will be important in addition to his ACT or SAT scores.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2015, 10:47:03 AM »
Anyway, he father from St Martin , so he not going that route. He will surely make Canada, if they don't bias him. Hard to make a Canadian team from Quebec, has always been.

Stop wit de Quebec victimization ting

Quebec sportsmen and women have the largest representation of ALL Canadian athletes in ALL sports

Nex ting ah go see yuh sportin a Lucien Bouchard T Shirt....steupes  :devil: ;)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2015, 03:16:06 PM »
Anyway, he father from St Martin , so he not going that route. He will surely make Canada, if they don't bias him. Hard to make a Canadian team from Quebec, has always been.

Quebec sportsmen and women have the largest representation of ALL Canadian athletes in ALL sports

no victimization, pure fact in football, not hockey..mostly because of the bases of teams BC & Ontario, besides the fact that the population of the game there and thus team composition. As a result, if 20 fellas in provincial Camp in TO and 15 of them from TO,and they play aagainst and together thru out their development years, when a coupe Quebecers invited to the camp, don't know nobody, never play with or against nobody..ketch arse to fall in, while them fellas reading each other like book. That and being away from home, different language..usually the Canadian coaches are NOT bilingual...well the Quebecer don't even want to go.. Best chance would be at the Ntional provincial level games, at least to get a invite. Usually doh, coach dun have the team and just looking to fill spots.. I not saying it unfair to the Quebec player, but given the size & demographics and amount of players across the country, difficult.
Besides why would I wear a Bouchard T, when everybody dun know Levesque was all ah dem Daddie  lol

« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 03:18:00 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 03:21:50 PM »
Tell him to show up at try-outs with his boots and beg the coach ;D
If he wants to go to college in the US, he can join an academy team that travels to showcase tournaments in the US and Canada where he can be seen by college coaches. If he should also get a highlight tape and game tapes to send to coaches, since he'll have to market himself. And like you mentioned, solid grades will be important in addition to his ACT or SAT scores.
I thought that's where he was
http://www.fmsportsacademy.com/

only to recently find out they just pull him in for a Europe trip, he not a regular. I think his dad laps.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 03:32:40 PM »

no victimization, pure fact in football, not hockey..mostly because of the bases of teams BC & Ontario, besides the fact that the population of the game there and thus team composition. As a result, if 20 fellas in provincial Camp in TO and 15 of them from TO,and they play aagainst and together thru out their development years, when a coupe Quebecers invited to the camp, don't know nobody, never play with or against nobody..ketch arse to fall in, while them fellas reading each other like book. That and being away from home, different language..usually the Canadian coaches are NOT bilingual...well the Quebecer don't even want to go.. Best chance would be at the Ntional provincial level games, at least to get a invite. Usually doh, coach dun have the team and just looking to fill spots.. I not saying it unfair to the Quebec player, but given the size & demographics and amount of players across the country, difficult.
Besides why would I wear a Bouchard T, when everybody dun know Levesque was all ah dem Daddie  lol

Excuses, excuses, excuses.  And not sure why de canadian coaches need to be bilingual.  If de quebecers cyah speak english....and dey want to make de team.....too bad fuh dem.

But YOU and I BOTH KNOW....is not that they doh talk or understand english.  Dey well fluent.  Is because they refuse to speak it.

Again....too bad Mr Levesque  :laugh:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2015, 04:55:48 PM »
luckily this kid bilingual..to bad he black and might want to make the team and he live in Quebec. He should move to TT, no matter if he good or not. he have all kinds (or excuses) built in, but I doh leh mine use none, so I wouldn't let him either. frig that  ;-)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 07:23:59 PM by maxg »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2015, 10:55:17 AM »
Maxg on a serious note, if this youth man really serious, he should show-up to the try-outs next week. Not sure how far you guys live from the venue but he could at least see what's going on and his parents can speak to other parents about alternatives. You'll be surprised to find out the amount of info you can get from networking with other parents....well you should know given you're usually traveling to you sons meets. Maybe other coaches might be there, you never know. And tell him to walk with his boots just in case.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2015, 03:38:42 PM »
Maxg on a serious note, if this youth man really serious, he should show-up to the try-outs next week. Not sure how far you guys live from the venue but he could at least see what's going on and his parents can speak to other parents about alternatives. You'll be surprised to find out the amount of info you can get from networking with other parents....well you should know given you're usually traveling to you sons meets. Maybe other coaches might be there, you never know. And tell him to walk with his boots just in case.
already said, will remind them.

1]; } ?>