April 25, 2024, 08:14:51 AM

Author Topic: Manager Wallace appeals for support.  (Read 1220 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Manager Wallace appeals for support.
« on: October 03, 2015, 04:20:36 AM »
Manager Wallace appeals for support.
T&T Newsday Reports.

TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO operations manager William Wallace is once again calling on corporate community to come on board and support the federation as the team enter into 2018 World Cup qualifiers.

Speaking yesterday during the Panama friendly squad announcement at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Wallace articulated in depth his view why assistance from corporate T&T and the Ministry of Sport is crucial on behalf of all the national teams the association represents.

“I want to use this opportunity to make a special plea to co-operate Trinidad to come on board now, not just when we potentially do well in future,” stated Wallace.

He continued: “This is bigger than the TTFA it’s about helping the young people of Trinidad and Tobago via football that means a lot to the nation. If they are uncomfortable coming on board via the traditional ways, they could consider doing so by making direct payments straight to our service providers, but we need them at this point in time.” Wallace further explained why he feels the new sport ministry led by Darryl Smith is incapable of dealing with football problems.

“The Ministry of Sport’s allocation for sports is to fund 54 different sporting bodies in Trinidad and Tobago; football needs something specific and a possible separate special fund. I don’t want to isolate the minister because the new government has a lot on its plate – but their needs to be a wider government debate with new administration regarding understanding what football means to the nation, a bridge to the development of youth.

We have to be able sell that to them.

“We have the women’s senior, under 17 and under 20 teams also in action later this year, so this is an important discussion to have, otherwise this thing could collapse,” Wallace concluded.

It is going to cost $2 million to fund the participation of the Trinidad and Tobago senior men’s national team in its two opening FIFA World Cup qualifiers in November. The “Soca Warriors” begin the CONCACAF zone semi-final round World Cup qualifying phase away to Guatemala on November 13, before hosting the United States in Port of Spain on November 17.

General Secretary Sheldon Phillips also noted the TTFA plans to unveil its new website, merchandising campaign and branding initiative called “Warrior Time Is Now” that is scheduled to be unveiled in full effect on November 1st - are other ways the federation is seeking to become self-sufficient.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 04:34:27 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Manager Wallace appeals for support.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 05:28:04 AM »
Lawd, Newsday ... allyuh need ah lash!!! De man said "corporate Trinidad". Where allyuh geh "co-operate Trinidad" from? #copyediting

Second, did Mr. Wallace explain why the "new sports ministry led by Darryl Smith is incapable of dealing with football problems" or did he express why the Ministry of Sport as an entity (regardless of whom is at the helm) can't resolve the funding model required to achieve a buoyant football program?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 05:29:55 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 06:47:55 AM »
Lawd, Newsday ... allyuh need ah lash!!! De man said "corporate Trinidad". Where allyuh geh "co-operate Trinidad" from? #copyediting

Second, did Mr. Wallace explain why the "new sports ministry led by Darryl Smith is incapable of dealing with football problems" or did he express why the Ministry of Sport as an entity (regardless of whom is at the helm) can't resolve the funding model required to achieve a buoyant football program?

I also think using the word "incapable" towards the new MOS doesn't sit well.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 11:48:50 AM »
So let me guess.. Tim kee is treasurer for the pnm and pnm not supporting football?

Where is weary and brown sugar and all the rest.. it thought the winning government was going to support football.  Just like I thought the ttff still begging. Any money going to football might end up in a few fellahs pockets. So go and beg the private sector so the government and ttff could siphone money.

This new Mos hasn't done anything of note since appointed, he just showing up and talking.

Why the hell Wallace begging for money now? Ask the current government to fund the campaign until you get private tt to jump on board. Ent TK is boss
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 11:54:01 AM by Controversial »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 12:06:54 PM »
So let me guess.. Tim kee is treasurer for the pnm and pnm not supporting football?

Where is weary and brown sugar and all the rest.. it thought the winning government was going to support football.  Just like I thought the ttff still begging. Any money going to football might end up in a few fellahs pockets. So go and beg the private sector so the government and ttff could siphone money.

This new Mos hasn't done anything of note since appointed, he just showing up and talking.

Why the hell Wallace begging for money now? Ask the current government to fund the campaign until you get private tt to jump on board. Ent TK is boss

so wait....yuh expect d ministry to jus up and start signing cheques, with what, budget readin today numb skull....nutten cyah happen until d new financial year start ....daiz how d country works.....now put yuh tongue back in yuh mout' and hold yuh horses lil bit
I pity the fool....

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 12:12:05 PM »

so wait....yuh expect d ministry to jus up and start signing cheques, with what, budget readin today numb skull....nutten cyah happen until d new financial year start ....daiz how d country works.....now put yuh tongue back in yuh mout' and hold yuh horses lil bit

U good to answer he and he same repetitive shyte lol

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 12:17:33 PM »

U good to answer he and he same repetitive shyte lol

I does tell mihself dat eh......but like ah like punishment steups
I pity the fool....

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 01:00:42 PM »

Idiot, you think TK is clueless as to  what the budget is proposed to be, you think TK is in the dark about that?

Don't be naive and a fool, you acting like a puppet. Wallace taking front before front take he, he is covering his bases because they know what they are up to and what Pnm will be doing with the budget. You can be a fool and pretend that TK totally oblivious to the plans of the new government....

The intelligent minds not stupid enough to believe that..

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 01:16:25 PM »

You don't know the Newsday has been anti-PNM for years? So I expect them to be anti-government next five years

« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 01:53:31 PM by Sando prince »

1]; } ?>