March 28, 2024, 06:46:21 AM

Author Topic: Supporter donates $.1 m to TT ‘Warriors’  (Read 3089 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Supporter donates $.1 m to TT ‘Warriors’
« on: October 05, 2015, 01:58:09 AM »
Supporter donates $.1 m to TT ‘Warriors’
T&T Newsday Reports.

MERE HOURS after a public plea for financial assistance towards Trinidad and Tobago football team, also known as the “Soca Warriors” on Friday, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) received a cheque valued at $100,000 from a local football supporter.

Businessman Sham Mohammed answered the call and delivered the cheque to national team manager William Wallace at the TTFA office on Friday night, two days prior to the team’s departure for Panama City for an international friendly.

At a TT FA Press briefing on Friday afternoon, Wallace pleaded for corporate TT to step forward and assist the “Soca Warriors” as they continued their preparations for the start of the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.

Wallace indicated that the TT FA were still short of funding for match fees for the recent 3-3 draw with Mexico in Utah, United States, and the forthcoming friendlies with Panama and Nicaragua as well as other expenses related to the team’s training camps.

So far only TSTT has offered further assistance to combine with what the Ministry of Sport has provided.

“We are extremely grateful to Mr Mohammed for stepping forward at this time when we are in serious need of financial assistance.

He indicated that once he heard our call for assistance at the press briefing that he felt a need to assist us in some way.

Hopefully this will be a kickstart and other corporate citizens and companies can follow and join in and offer support as well. The Ministry of Sport and the Government alone cannot fund our national teams,” Wallace said.

Mohammed indicated that he had been following the progress of the team with keen interest.

“I know the Association has been under some strain after discussions with (TTFA) president Raymond Tim Kee and other officials at the TTFA.

I have been following their progress and there have been some good things happening.

“I went to Argentina last year for the friendly and I have seen the team continuing to improve,” Mohammed stated.

“I believe we have a really good chance in the qualifiers but the team needs all the help it can get and hopefully more support will come its way from here on,” added Mohammed who is the owner of Miscellaneous Marketing Limited and was also appointed the Executive Vice-President of South Florida FC which campaigns in the American Soccer Premier League (APSL).

Tim Kee expressed his gratitude to Mohammed and TSTT for their support.

“We are quite pleased that a supporter has come forward to assist at this stage of the journey.

“This is part of ongoing discussions and relationship building which the FA has been engaged in over a period of time.

“I wish to thank him and TSTT as well as the Ministry of Sport for providing funding to support the FA and the national team,” Tim Kee stated.

‘Warriors’ get financial aid.
T&T Express Reports.

Mere hours after a public plea for financial assistance for Trinidad and Tobago’s senior men’s football team on Friday, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) received a cheque valued at $100,000 from a local football supporter.

Businessman Sham Mohammed answered the call and delivered the cheque to team manager William Wallace at the TTFA office on Friday night, ahead of the team’s departure for Panama City for an international friendly.

At a TTFA press briefing last Friday, Wallace pleaded for corporate T&T to step forward and assist the “Soca Warriors” as they continued their preparations for the start of the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.

Wallace indicated that the TTFA were still short of funding for match fees for the recent 3-3 draw with Mexico in Utah and the upcoming friendlies with Panama and Nicaragua as well as other expenses related to the team’s training camps. So far only TSTT has offered further assistance to combine with what the Ministry of Sport has provided.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 02:03:46 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Supporter donates $.1 m to TT ‘Warriors’
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 05:36:29 AM »
All I could say is wow.

Good going, hope others take note and dont wait for de team to be successful then to jump in.

Flex, yuh family real cool.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 07:47:37 AM »
Way to show commitment towards the team by that generous donation. Very good deed by Mr. Mohammed.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 09:26:31 AM by soccerman »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 08:15:47 AM »
There's the saying: "No good deed goes unpunished." Let's hope this one is an exception.

Bravo, oui! :applause:

Reminds me of the thread that asked posters just this question ... Would you give $ to T&T football?

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 08:39:09 AM »
Very nice.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 09:30:27 AM »
Pleasant surprise.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 09:53:30 AM »
this man should be given VIP status at the HCS forthwith or any other stadium in the nation for that matter.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 09:55:41 AM »
 i am pretty sure this man is a member of this site. to whom it may concern if you are tuned in, bravo and well done.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 10:30:21 AM »
God bless Shem Muhammad. Alot of commentators on Wired868 are also willing to support just like Mr Muhammed.  They're talking about setting up a lil fund to offer want they can. I'm up for it but only if William Wallace is the signatory with Flex, Tallman and trustworthy people of that ilk.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 10:39:34 AM »
This is what we want to see from the T&T business community!!

Big respect to Sham Mohammed!  :beermug:  :salute:

Is he any relation to Flex?!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 10:52:24 AM »
God bless Shem Muhammad. Alot of commentators on Wired868 are also willing to support just like Mr Muhammed.  They're talking about setting up a lil fund to offer want they can. I'm up for it but only if William Wallace is the signatory with Flex, Tallman and trustworthy people of that ilk.
I noticed that too. Maybe it's something we can pursue on this site, once the funds are going to a trustworthy source. Every little counts until better can be done.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2015, 11:29:47 AM »
lil caution... when large amounts are donated, should we care about the 'source' of such?

hopefully this is a catalyst for others who can, can!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2015, 11:39:56 AM »
There are nuff rich businessmen and women in TT who can raise one million TT in no time,I can't understand why Trini business section doesn't see it as a plus for the country.Our footballers can bring so much to TT,I hope to see more like Mr.Mohammed.I am not rich,but if ever a fund can be set up,I will jump to give a nice little sum.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2015, 12:15:33 PM »
lil caution... when large amounts are donated, should we care about the 'source' of such?

Well is not as if the headline said "Local Drugs Baron Donates....."

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2015, 12:20:01 PM »

Well is not as if the headline said "Local Drugs Baron Donates....."

When does the headline ever say so?  :frustrated:

BTW, it was a general statement/concern and not directed at this one donation. It's called caution and knowing where funds are coming from so we don't end up with a team/s so desperate for $$ that we end up in bed with criminals (again?). 

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 01:56:51 PM »
Are there any bigger criminals than governments themselves lol :D

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2015, 02:32:44 PM »
I agree with Jumbie regarding the source of funds.

It's great to receive funding....especially when you desperate.  But it's also prudent to do your due diligence to try to avoid jumping from the frying pan into the fire
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2015, 02:37:59 PM »
Let's do something here. Probably $100 TT per person or more (if you can) to pay for refreshments and/or meals?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 02:39:44 PM by Thomo »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2015, 03:53:01 PM »
Let's do something here. Probably $100 TT per person or more (if you can) to pay for refreshments and/or meals?

Who collecting the $$?

How do you know for certain that the donated $$ will get to it's intended recipient?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2015, 05:34:19 PM »
SW.Net should be doing the same. We've done it for several ailing members in the past. Have to the fund going to a designated account. Flex can handle all of logistics.

A designated member can present the proceeds to TTFA.
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

1]; } ?>