March 29, 2024, 07:07:26 AM

Author Topic: $ 602 million is the budget for sports... How much going to senior football?  (Read 1884 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
TK and Wallace asking for around 80 million US to run the team... How much the government giving them out of that 600 million?

Jones pleading for support, so it looks like PNM being stingy in the area of football... Because if that wasnt the case then why would Wallace plead and now our captain, let's see if PNM lives up to their word.

Off the bat, 20 million US should go to senior men's football and qualifying for the World Cup, youth football and women's football, cricket and track and field should be the other areas of concern...

Let's see how serious the current government is and whether they will give football the run around. Because the players and staff shouldn't be pleading because TK is a pnm stalwart, so there should be no issues in regards to getting allocations to the team to support the campaign..
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 11:04:40 PM by Controversial »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Contro, isn't it your stated position that football should not become a political football? If so, then why are you insisting on politicizing it?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Contro, isn't it your stated position that football should not become a political football? If so, then why are you insisting on politicizing it?
shoe on d other foot
I pity the fool....

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Ideally my friend I wish that were the case but reality is we are from a nation where any and everything revolves around politics. The previous admin was put under pressure by TK that the govt was against the fed and players best interest, so why should Pnm be excused? Thats a double standard that suits an agenda not supported by myself nor the rational non partisan thinking Trinis.

Money will have to be allocated to football and if the private sector still doesn't trust TK then he will have no choice but to lobby his own party to help because if they don't, our WC campaign hopes will be down the drain.

TK politicized football from the get go, so asking me to take the higher ground at the expense of our national team is pointless. We all wish for things but we don't always get it. I wished the private sector would trust TK but they don't. So once again, reality creeps in, the government need to step in until that confidence is restored or our team and their future hangs in the balance.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 08:26:00 AM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
shoe on d other foot

Incorrigible as usual..

I asked for transparency from TK, right now there is none, nor will there be. Notice there is no more complaining, just plain begging now. They fought to get PP out who would have fund the campaign and get rid of an inefficient president but that doesn't suit the agenda.

It doesn't bother me that Pnm is there because I come from a family of Pnm supporters, it bothers me that all this hoopla was used and now big men begging while TK should be reaping the benefits for our senior football... It was all campaigning and had nothing to do with the betterment of football, he used football as his platform. Those of us with intelligence understand that..

And guess what suffers in the end...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 09:11:41 AM by Controversial »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
So de TTFA was banking on PNM and now PNM bulling them.

600M TT to run all sports is a f00cking joke.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What chuppidness is this?... because TK is ah PNM he should get x,y and z?  ::) Where's the accountability in dat?
Dis is new politics now... Contro take yuh old way of thinking and move on out with your tanty and she old government!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
What chuppidness is this?... because TK is ah PNM he should get x,y and z?  ::) Where's the accountability in dat?
Dis is new politics now... Contro take yuh old way of thinking and move on out with your tanty and she old government!

Yuh naturally stupid or is it by choice?

Where did you read TK can raid the coifeers in my text? I said he will have no choice but to lobby the government dunce...

If the private sector not budging, how the hell will we fund this campaign? We right back in the same situation like before, except worse now, because TK don't feel the need to address the public, part of his evasive style... Nothing against his method but not the best for football in our nation, when we have a genuinely good chance to qualify with a great team and coach..

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Yuh naturally stupid or is it by choice?

Where did you read TK can raid the coifeers in my text? I said he will have no choice but to lobby the government dunce...

If the private sector not budging, how the hell will we fund this campaign? We right back in the same situation like before, except worse now, because TK don't feel the need to address the public, part of his evasive style... Nothing against his method but not the best for football in our nation, when we have a genuinely good chance to qualify with a great team and coach..
You have no substance in your dialogue but I should have known better... I can tell you're offended by the personal attacks... Carry on!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TK don't feel the need to address the public, part of his evasive style... Nothing against his method but not the best for football in our nation, when we have a genuinely good chance to qualify with a great team and coach..

Contro has a point here. TK needs to be or appear more engaging in public dialogue as far as presenting the cause of our football TEAMS. He may be working behind the scenes. But to some, it appears that he is  not doing anything to further the Soca Warriors cause. It appears worst now since the results of the election. A certain section of the business community don't feel obligated to sponsor sports or the football team. So TK, Sheldon and William Wallace have their work cut out.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
$602 million is 1% of the $63 billion budget for all sport in t&t, national security got $10 billion, Obama just approved via the UN a "world police force" , imbert only have 3 letter words, IMF ADB OPV, to the minister of sport I say let my tax dollars go to the soca warriors, as you see the teefin games has begun, trust no man, I have 3 words for you mr.minister support support support...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What would be a reasonable allocation for sport? As I ask that, we should recognize that "602" is closer to a billion than it isn't.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 05:14:40 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

SPORT MINISTER ON BUDGET

Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs Darryl Smith says he is satisfied with the allocation his ministry received in the Budget.

https://www.facebook.com/CNC3Television/videos/10153685097832996/

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hoping Kimmy will flex that political bicep so many here were grandcharging bout prior to the elections.

Agree that the 'officers' new, so lets give them some time on the job to get 'accustom'.

Fried chicken eating rasta or this new Minister - they still will want accountability. Kimmy!

1]; } ?>