April 18, 2024, 05:21:34 PM

Author Topic: Soca Warriors stop Panama 2-1.  (Read 4955 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Soca Warriors stop Panama 2-1.
« on: October 09, 2015, 06:21:17 AM »
Soca Warriors stop Panama 2-1.
By Inshan Mohammed.

The Soca Warriors stole the show yesterday at the Estadio Romel Fernandez Stadium when they edged host Panama 2-1 in a tight, gritty affair.

It was Trinidad and Tobago’s first away win to Panama since 2005 and also their first in the last 3 meetings with the Central Americans.

Captain Kenwyne Jones led by example and celebrated his birthday in fine-style when he put the Warriors ahead in the 35th minute with an unusual thunderbolt from 20-yards out. The skipper, who turned 31 on October 5th could have had a double minutes later but his header grazed off the top of the cross-bar in the 39th minute.

Radanfah Abu Bakr, who had not scored for his country since 2009, registered his second for T&T when the HB Koge central defender rose the highest to head home a Keron Cummings corner-kick in minute 52 to give T&T a comfortable 2 goal cushion.

The lead lasted just 7 minutes before Panama replied through midfielder Valentin Pimentel in the 59th minute with an easy tap-in pass goalkeeper Marvin Phillip's outstretched hands after some sloppy marking by T&T defence to make it 2-1 and gave the host a life-line.

After the goal, Panama raided the T&T backline and were given room to attack as T&T defence were all over the place but could not find the back off the net. In the end however, the goal ended up being a mere consolation as the Panmen' held on to secure a well deserved 2-1 victory.

T&T will rush back to Port of Spain to face Nicaragua in 5-days time at the Hasley Crawford Stadium from 7pm. Panama will head to Mexico to face that country on the same day.

T&T  2  v  Panama  1
Jones 35   Pimentel 59
Abu Bakr 52

Teams

Trinidad & Tobago - 1.Marvin Phillip; 16.Gavin Hoyte (2.Aubrey David 79th), 6.Radanfah Abu Bakr, 4.Sheldon Bateau (23.Daneil Cyrus 55th), 17.Mekeil Williams; 20.Keron Cummings, 8.Khaleem Hyland, 14.Andre Boucaud (19.Kevan George 64th), 3.Joevin Jones (15.Neveal Hackshaw 77th); 7.Jonathan Glenn (11.Trevin Caesar 46th), 9.Kenwyne Jones (capt) (10.Willis Plaza 81st).

Unused substitutes: - 21.Jan-Michael Williams (GK), 13.Aikim Andrews, 18.Yohance Marshall.

Coach: - Stephen Hart.

Panama: - 1.Jaime Penedo (12.Luis Mejia 46th); 6.Gabriel Gomez, 13.Adolfo Machado, 23.Felipe Baloy (capt), 15.Erick Davis (17.Luis Henriquez 62nd); 14.Valentin Pimentel (8.Gabriel Torres 79th), 11.Armando Cooper (2.Leonel Parris 46th), 20.Anibal Godoy (7.Renan Addles 62nd), 19.Alberto Quintero; 9.Roberto Nurse, 10.Luis Tejada (16.Rolando Blackburn 62nd).

Unused substitutes: - 22.Jose Calderon (GK), 3.Roderick Miller, 4.Abdiel Macea, 18.Darwin Pinzon, 21.Ricardo Buitrago.

Coach: - Hernan Gomez.

Videos: -

T&T vs Panama Highlights.

Post Match reactions from Hart and Jones after 2-1 victory over Panama.

Venue: - Estadio Rommel Fernández, Panama.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 02:19:40 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors stop Panama 2-1.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 10:00:39 AM »
Good going by T&T, Hart really is the best.

Anyone knows how Gavin Hoyte looked?

And I heard that Carlyle Mitchell may not get call up again, he was not willing to join T&T for the Gold Cup and some other games.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 10:24:59 AM »
I eh see de game, but from de highlights, we in big trouble in de center of defence.

My advise to Hartie, yuh better tell de TTFA to do all in they power to get Ryan Inniss on this team. One thing about Jack, he woulda make that happen right away, we have to show these players we really want them, we cah call and ask and then forget or wait.

Carlyle Mitchell better humble he self.

Mekeil Williams ok, but he clearances is poor and he does fly in without thinking.

Cyrus should be made into a defence midfielder or right wing, I eh trust him to much in de back.

I eh see Gavin play yesterday cause I miss de game, was planting banana and end up falling asleep.

But when ah get up and see de game result, I was surprise because I thought we wouldn't play some of de youths.

Good going Hartie, bull them hard.

Kenwyne Jones de black beast is back and ah hearing good things about Cummings, what a find.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 10:45:29 AM »
Just focusing on defense: Hoyte struggled IMO, was easily beaten on too many occasions for my liking.  Mekeil was exposed as well, but to TM's pt his recovery was v. good.  Beateau and Abu were very solid.  The midfield while compact was too far ahead of the defense for my liking, if Panama had better killer instinct could have been deadly.  I actually thought the team looked a little tired, Glenn in particular, night and day game for him when compared to the Mexico game.

That said, the improvement defensively is steady, needs more work, but you can slowly see it, Hart is a boss, hands down :notworthy:.

Possession wise in attack our boys are really getting comfortable playing w/folks close to them and making passes in short distances and using the "triangle" of players to advance the ball.  The one thing here is still the speed w/which we do this, when Panama had possession they were able to maintain possession much longer b/c of these 2 factors.

On the subs really quick, love Cesar sudden change of speed, amazing how he does it really and he set up two on a platter for Joevin and Hyland, latter being denied by a quality save. Hackshaw nor Plaza had much time.  Worried about George's minutes at Columbus, seems at least 3-4 weeks since he has played or subbed?  His lack of fitness showed when he came on IMO.

Would be great to add Mitchell and Primus to the defensive mix if available.  On the right side of MF, jury still out, so many options and Hart clearly experimenting (Cato, Cummings, Cesar, Peltier) and then Molino to return.

All in all, he actually has some good problems right now w/selection, looking forward to the steady progress.

More to say later....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 10:47:47 AM »
We dnt hv any keeper in the wrld willing to deck our colours and rep fi we?  I dnt kno but u guys but dat goal scored by panama was poor goal keeping. Honestly is this our best keeper ?
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 12:37:37 PM »
Interesting, look from 47 sec in and see Panama player (Davis) given the ball 3 times (2 by a T&T player) and no one defending him. No one covering the wide players.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 12:39:34 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 01:12:34 PM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 01:16:38 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/101ssf9mW00" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/101ssf9mW00</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 01:21:10 PM »
HIGHLIGHTS T&T vs PANAMA

https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/videos/10153627827900610/

We need to improve in defense!

I have high standards for this national team.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 01:58:57 PM »
I eh see de game, but from de highlights, we in big trouble in de center of defence.

My advise to Hartie, yuh better tell de TTFA to do all in they power to get Ryan Inniss on this team. One thing about Jack, he woulda make that happen right away, we have to show these players we really want them, we cah call and ask and then forget or wait.

Carlyle Mitchell better humble he self.

Mekeil Williams ok, but he clearances is poor and he does fly in without thinking.

Cyrus should be made into a defence midfielder or right wing, I eh trust him to much in de back.

I eh see Gavin play yesterday cause I miss de game, was planting banana and end up falling asleep.

But when ah get up and see de game result, I was surprise because I thought we wouldn't play some of de youths.

Good going Hartie, bull them hard.

Kenwyne Jones de black beast is back and ah hearing good things about Cummings, what a find.
mitchell was injured during the gold cup sando, he had an ankle injury and was out for about 6 weeks prior to the gold cup.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2015, 02:07:08 PM »
i would like to see the game, i missed it because i had to work. could some good samaritan post the game if possible?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2015, 04:03:37 PM »
TT 3 - 0 Nica.. Nothing less

The black beast(s) will continue to terrorize the Central Americans for a long time..
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 04:05:28 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2015, 04:45:30 PM »
TT 3 - 0 Nica.. Nothing less

The black beast(s) will continue to terrorize the Central Americans for a long time..

Allyuh get well cocky sah

Hopefully de coaching staff and players doh underestimate ANYBODY
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2015, 05:51:16 PM »
I dont think we should get carried away with the results or getting one (I know a win is always good), hopefully Hart continue his experiment and find a few more answers. The game vs Nicaragua is a friendly, lets take one step at a time.

Meanwhile, I hope the general public really take note and go out and support the team.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2015, 05:51:20 PM »
'Warriors' push past Panama.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior Men’s team tasted the joys of victory in Panama for the first time since 2005 with captain Kenwyne Jones leading the charge on another significant date in October for the “Soca Warriors”.

Jones provided the assist for Stern John to secure a 1-0 win on October 8th, 2005 to keep T&T’s World Cup qualifying hopes alive in the CONCACAF Final round. And on Thursday night against a much more potent and respected Panama outfit this time around, The Cardiff City forward led Stephen Hart’s men to a 2-1 victory over the Central Americans at the Estadio Rommel Fernandez.

It was T&T’s first win over Panama in four outings after losing the three previous meetings between both teams, the most recent being the 6-5 loss on penalties at the CONCACAF Gold Cup quarter finals.

“We did a bit of experimenting on how we would play with two strikers up front and then Cummings, we were hoping would come in from the right side on his left foot but we didn’t have enough time to work on it and were a little confused in the defending part. We went in 1-0 at the break and we could have easily gone in 3-0 if we had taken our chances and that would have put a lot of pressure on Panama,” Hart told TTFA Media.

“Players came on in the second half and did very well. Caesar came on and gave us a different dynamic out wide and we got some penetration. Young Hackshaw came on as well as Kevan George which sort of solidified the midfield. Panama were pushing for the goal and they got one and were trying for a second goal. We still have quite a bit of work to do in situations when we are on top and being able to manage the game,” Hart added.

The affair was a keenly contested one and proved to be the ideal exercise for Hart and his men as the prepare to face Guatemala away from home to commence the CONCACAF semi final round of World Cup qualifiers on November 13th. T&T could have extended their lead to at least three goals before Panama eventually brought themselves back into the contest in the second half. Jones went close with a first half header and Joevin Jones also directed his effort over bar from close range.

But Jones and his men displayed a level of mental toughness that was a pleasing sign for the competitive assignments they will face on the “Road to Russia” campaign.

After Panama had a goal ruled offside. Jones unleashed a rocket from outside the penalty box which beat the former LA Galaxy goalkeeper Jaime Penedo all ends up. Defender Radanfah Abu Bakr then put T&T 2-0 ahead in the 52nd with a close range header from a Keron Cummings right side corner. The home team were fortunate with their goal when Valentin Pimentel’s effort managed to beat T&T custodian Marvin Phillip.

Missing the services of Cordell Cato and Lester Peltier, and with Jones making it back into the team after the 3-3 draw with Mexico, Hart used the captain and Jonathan Glenn as the two forwards and Cummings was on wide on the right flank.

Glenn would lay one off for Jones’ goal but when Trevin Caesar was introduced on the right and Cummings inserted into his customary inside position, the “Warriors” looked more dangerous on the attack and the Panamanians were way out of a comfort zone.

Jones (J) delivered a perfect ball from the left only to see his namesake head over bar. And then it was Jones’ (J) turn to miss the target when he somehow managed to strike over bar following Caesar’s delivery from the right.

Panama found new life after pulling a goal back and mounted several attacks on the T&T defence which stood firm to the test to pull off their first win on Panama soil since 2005.

Hart introduced Neveal Hackshaw, Daneil Cyrus, Mekeil Williams, Willis Plaza, Kevan George, Aubrey David and Caesar in the second half.

T&T will return home on Friday night to continue preparations for Tuesday’s Friendly with Nicaragua at the Hasely Crawford Stadium at 7pm. Tickets ($200 and $100) can be purchased online at islandetickets.com, Sports & Games, Kenny’s, Ramsingh’s in Couva and The Fan Club.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 06:50:28 PM »
We in need of a leader on the pitch, like John Terry and we need a man like Matic to cover we defence.

Kevon George is good to cover we defence, but he not vocal and he dont play regular for his club, I eh saying we dont need him, but we need a cover for him.

Hyland maybe?

Maybe Leston Laul?

Right no we attack helping out we defence, but we really need to fix something fast.

Maybe André Ettienne might do ok.

Or better yet, convert Cyrus or Abu Bakr and call up Inniss?

And we goalkeepers really next some attention.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 07:11:44 PM »
We in need of a leader on the pitch, like John Terry and we need a man like Matic to cover we defence.

Kevon George is good to cover we defence, but he not vocal and he dont play regular for his club, I eh saying we dont need him, but we need a cover for him.

Hyland maybe?

Maybe Leston Laul?

Right no we attack helping out we defence, but we really need to fix something fast.

I was thinking the same thing. Hyland is probably the best man for that job. Right now, Jones is the "de facto" leader. He is doing an awesome job..

Williams and Phillips are about equal in quality. They're all we have now. Maybe experience in the MLS or USL  might help them improve.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2015, 08:16:52 PM »
congrats to the mnt and coach hart.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2015, 08:23:27 PM »
So Cyrus not as good as he was in Harts 1st Gold Cup and Williams  has a flaw against speed.My question is ,where is Robert Primus he is the missing link I beleived ,Alvin Jones also says he thinks he's ready .

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2015, 12:15:27 AM »

Hyland maybe?

Maybe Leston Laul?

I was thinking the same thing. Hyland is probably the best man for that job. Right now, Jones is the "de facto" leader. He is doing an awesome job..

Williams and Phillips are about equal in quality. They're all we have now. Maybe experience in the MLS or USL  might help them improve.

How realistic is that as a possibility? And, were it to happen, how much playing time would either get?

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2015, 04:27:49 AM »
this is a good result for TnT

Guatemala in a must win situation
US is a big ask for tnt.

Any points in the first two games is good for us.

but if we do well as I expect us to do we in these first two games we should be in good position to get out the group.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2015, 05:10:32 AM »
 I know d history but I still believe dat dis team could get at least 2-4 points based on dey improving form and d US inconsistent form, d US could always produce ah good game and give we hell, but I still say go for a result against them, we might surprise we self.
I pity the fool....

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2015, 06:53:58 AM »

Hyland maybe?

Maybe Leston Laul?

How realistic is that as a possibility? And, were it to happen, how much playing time would either get?

Yeah I know the likelihood of it happening is very low. But it's probably one of the few options for improving them. They have been with the pro league for a long time. As much as they are giving their 100%.. The pro league can only do so much to get Williams and Phillips to the next level.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2015, 11:18:59 AM »
maybe too early, but i feel alvin jones can be that central midfielder in the future...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2015, 03:17:08 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rpIF_WKYdd0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rpIF_WKYdd0</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Qa4eLbqB4pY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Qa4eLbqB4pY</a>

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2015, 11:32:19 PM »
Congrats to Coach Hart ...Congrats to the players!

Coach Hart's attention to detail is self evident...I am pleased to see that this coach prepares his team for all the various moments in the game.

Hart's comprehensive approach to preparation will only bring continued success....as time goes in this continuous process, the fine details should be worked out and the team would only get better....I love the work being done by the forwards!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2015, 11:32:59 AM »
WATCH: Behind the Scenes with the Soca Warriors in Panama City
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QCoZ0k3a8oI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QCoZ0k3a8oI</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2015, 12:07:03 PM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause: That's the best video I've seen in regards to this team, excellent stuff Shaun. I know a lot of hard work went into this so kudos from me! Keep it up.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2015, 03:30:34 PM »
WATCH: Behind the Scenes with the Soca Warriors in Panama City
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QCoZ0k3a8oI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QCoZ0k3a8oI</a>

Very impressed. Has Shaun recently been on a video making course or is he getting some of the right help?

Whatever it is keep it up!  :applause:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2015, 06:50:10 PM »
:applause: :applause: :applause: That's the best video I've seen in regards to this team, excellent stuff Shaun. I know a lot of hard work went into this so kudos from me! Keep it up.

Let me add my voice to this choir. :applause: Fully agree! And I state this as someone who has called for expanded coverage, particularly with respect to press conference comments.

Nonetheless, it is clear to me that Fuentes achieves much with little. The "powers that are" should keep him motivated through the delivery of whatever tools are necessary to enhance his value.

1]; } ?>