Sports > Football

David John Williams Thread.

(1/136) > >>

Flex:
W Connection CEO to run for TTFA Presidency.
W Connection Press Release.

President and Chief Executive Officer of DIRECTV W Connection Football Club, Mr David John-Williams has signaled his intention to run for the Presidency of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association in the upcoming November Annual General Meeting.

The AGM which will be held under the TTFA’s new Constitution is scheduled to take place on November 29th 2015.

Mr. John-Williams, who founded W Connection some 16 years ago, making it one of the more successful clubs in the Caribbean, commented on his decision stating

“I never came into Professional Football with the aspiration of taking administrative leadership of the local governing body, but having been approached by many colleagues in the football fraternity I decided to offer myself for service”.

He further added that his desire was to make a significant difference in local football, and believed that with his experience and fresh leadership, there could be a transformation in the fortunes of Trinidad and Tobago Football.

Mr. John-Williams presently serves as Vice Chairman of the Trinidad and Tobago Pro League.

Sando:
Nice to see a fresh face running for President.

David John seems ok, but from what I heard is he does not like Stephan Hart, I could and hope I am wrong.

Stephan Hart is the best thing happen to T&T.

I just hope he is not another stubborn man like Warner was and wants the best for T&T and not his club.

Controversial:
It hurts me to say this, but I rather TK stay on than this man win... At least TK supports Hart fully

The first thing he will do is get rid of SH and that will turn me right off national football as well as the majority of ex pats that support Hart 200%..

Anybody but this man

asylumseeker:
Is it advisable that the president of the federation be a candidate with vested club self-interest? In my view, this question is a fundamental threshold question.

How does the TTFA constitution treat with this?

Controversial:

--- Quote from: asylumseeker on October 11, 2015, 09:25:45 AM ---Is it advisable that the president of the federation be a candidate with vested club self-interest? In my view, this question is a fundamental threshold question.

How does the TTFA constitution treat with this?

--- End quote ---

The constitution has nothing in it that addresses your point from what I read... The criteria is simple and straightforward how ever it doesn't take into account that area of concern...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version