March 28, 2024, 06:27:02 AM

Author Topic: David John Williams Thread.  (Read 121629 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: W Connection CEO to run for TTFA Presidency.
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2015, 10:36:39 AM »
SOCAWARRIORS.NET POSTERS PRESS RELEASE

We the posters of socawarriors.net forum hereby signal our intention that Head Coach Mr.Stephen Hart run for the Persidency of TTFA in the upcoming November AGM.

As it is now, Hart is free to throw his hat in the ring. If he was to win, can he still coach? Or who should be coach?

When timkee throw he hat in de ring, he give up being mayor or treasurer???

Bred, think again of what you asking Hart to do. This is not politics. Is either one or the other.

so the "one or the other" rule don't apply to timkee or CEO or W conn. but is either one or the other for Hart? who playing politics now??

Breds, in this day and age, a head coach job is a totally consuming job. And you want the coach to take on the admin. duties of running a football assoc., another time consuming job. You eh making sense.

as we speak a man has time to run the capital city as mayor an still run ttfa, plus other things, which brings us to this non paying post, Hart may not want it, but if he held the 'rubber stamp' in his hand more could done, the business community not buying what you selling...

Breds, I know you are stuck on your idea that Hart can do both jobs. I say, it is better he concentrate on the coaching. look at all the coaches in the top 20 countries. you see any of them holding admin. positions. The closest I have seen coaches hold another position, is at the manager's level in clubs. And that is a real balancing act. Can he be an effect administrator? Who knows. Maybe he will have access to the business community in a more favorable way than TK. But with WC coming up, I want no distractions. He has a good karma going. The players seen to like him. The forum seems overwhelmingly favorable to him. The homies appears to have him in high regards. Homies?!! All we need is to get the wagonists on board now.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2015, 03:19:13 PM »
Is it advisable that the president of the federation be a candidate with vested club self-interest? In my view, this question is a fundamental threshold question.

How does the TTFA constitution treat with this?

The constitution has nothing in it that addresses your point from what I read... The criteria is simple and straightforward how ever it doesn't take into account that area of concern...

Contro,

that was the first damn thing that enter my mind. WDH kind of country is this in 2015 that would open this potential conflict of interest from JW and he kids, to Sancho as MOS, now this??

You cannot own a club and be FA Pres and if it's not in the Regulations it sure as FOK should be.

This should not even be a conversation.  ::)
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2015, 03:51:16 PM »
Is it advisable that the president of the federation be a candidate with vested club self-interest? In my view, this question is a fundamental threshold question.

The constitution has nothing in it that addresses your point from what I read... The criteria is simple and straightforward how ever it doesn't take into account that area of concern...

Contro,

that was the first damn thing that enter my mind. WDH kind of country is this in 2015 that would open this potential conflict of interest from JW and he kids, to Sancho as MOS, now this??

You cannot own a club and be FA Pres and if it's not in the Regulations it sure as FOK should be.

:beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2015, 03:52:30 PM »

Contro,

Flex interview with Williams's came off to me as very condescending imo

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2015, 09:54:55 AM »
Contro, I honestly thought you had some people who were looking to vie for the position of TTFA president. So far is TK and John-Williams. We need more people to put their hats in the ring for this important election.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
David John Williams Thread.
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2015, 07:32:51 AM »
John Williams is elected as New President of TTFA.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association has a new President in David John Williams following his defeat of Raymond Tim Kee for the position at the FA’s Internal Elections on Sunday at the VIP Lounge, Hasely Crawford Stadium.

In the second round of voting, John Williams received 25 votes to Tim Kee’s 19 while a third candidate Clynt Taylor received one vote. The elections went to a second round because no candidate had 50 percent or more of the votes. Forty five delegates were present for voting with North East Stars and Point Fortin Civic Centre both failing to show. And there were no representations from the Coaches or Players Association which are non-operational.

After Round one, John Williams was ahead with 18, followed by Tim Kee (13), Taylor (8.) and Ramesh Ramdhan and Selby Browne with three each. Both Browne and Ramdhan were eliminated after round one.

John Williams maintained a fair advantage to take the post in Round Two.

The three elected Vice Presidents are Ewing Davis, Joanne Salazar and Allan Warner, all members of John Williams’ slate.

The Board of Directors also elected following a lengthy voting process on Sunday night are Samuel Saunders (Central FA), Sherwyn Dyer (Eastern Counties Football Union), Karanjabari Williams (Northern FA), Richard Quan Chan (Southern FA), Anthony Moore (Tobago FA), Joseph Taylor (T&T Football Referees Association), Dexter Skeene (TT Pro League) and Sharon O’Brien (Women’s League Football).

FIFA representatives Primo Corvoro, FIFA Head of Member Associations and Luca Nicola, Manager Member Associations for FIFA, were both present as observers.

John Williams in the process, became the 25th President of the TTFA dating back to its inception in 1908.

In an immediate reaction, John Williams said : ” I will like to give thanks to the Almighty and thanks to the team that has supported me. I will give my best for Trinidad and Tobago football.

“Some of my immediate goals is to get a budget setting exercise as there are a couple of teams supposed to leave for competitions urgently. Setting up the sub-committees is very important and the technical committee  also has to be set up very quickly as I think it is going to play a major role in Trinidad and Tobago football . All these committees need to be functioning as quickly as possible so that we can ensure there is good governance. The other project that is very important for us is the Copa America playoff in January. I will have to meet very quickly with Stephen Hart to see how best we can ensure the team is ready for this game.

“I am the president of the TTFA. I am the president of all of Trinidad and Tobago football and I am very mindful of that. I am going to serve well,” Williams added.

He continued., “I can’t change the passion and love that I have for W Connection. I just have to manage it but I  have to be independent. And trust me, I know that Trinidad and Tobago will be scrutinizing me very, very much as far as W Connection is concerned. My daughter is going to take up the mantle (with W Connection).”

See John Williams’ Reactions to becoming TTFA President

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: David John Williams Thread.
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2015, 08:23:47 AM »
I wish you the best and i hope that you get the support in effectively implementing all that you want to achieve in your comprehensive manifesto.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2015, 09:27:09 AM »
Congrats Mr Williams and team.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2015, 09:58:48 AM »
John Williams is elected as New President of TTFA.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association has a new President in David John Williams following his defeat of Raymond Tim Kee for the position at the FA’s Internal Elections on Sunday at the VIP Lounge, Hasely Crawford Stadium.

In the second round of voting, John Williams received 25 votes to Tim Kee’s 19 while a third candidate Clynt Taylor received one vote. The elections went to a second round because no candidate had 50 percent or more of the votes. Forty five delegates were present for voting with North East Stars and Point Fortin Civic Centre both failing to show. And there were no representations from the Coaches or Players Association which are non-operational.

After Round one, John Williams was ahead with 18, followed by Tim Kee (13), Taylor (8.) and Ramesh Ramdhan and Selby Browne with three each. Both Browne and Ramdhan were eliminated after round one.

John Williams maintained a fair advantage to take the post in Round Two.

The three elected Vice Presidents are Ewing Davis, Joanne Salazar and Allan Warner, all members of John Williams’ slate.

The Board of Directors also elected following a lengthy voting process on Sunday night are Samuel Saunders (Central FA), Sherwyn Dyer (Eastern Counties Football Union), Karanjabari Williams (Northern FA), Richard Quan Chan (Southern FA), Anthony Moore (Tobago FA), Joseph Taylor (T&T Football Referees Association), Dexter Skeene (TT Pro League) and Sharon O’Brien (Women’s League Football).

After more than 20-plus years under the same administration, central football has gotten a new executive. On Wednesday night, at the zone’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Election of Officers at Woodford Lodge, Chaguanas, businessman Shymdeo Gosine was elected unopposed as president of the Central Football Association (CFA) for a four-year term.

I thought Shymdeo Gosine won the CFA seat?

I guess Yaya not come back, because Sharon O’Brien is still here.   :devil:

Congrats Mr Williams, I wish you a successful 4 year term.

I also hope to see you work with SWO and the fans a little more.

Good luck.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2015, 10:39:31 AM »
Best of luck Mr. Williams and congratulations on your new tenure as president of of the TTFA. As a fan I am optimistic and look forward to seeing a brighter better TTFA!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2015, 12:01:29 PM »
All the best to our new TTFA President David John-Williams in his bid to take T&T football to the the top of the CONCACAF region where it is supposed to be during his term in charge.

Would also like to say many thanks to the last TTFA President Raymond Tim Kee for doing a great job in helping to turn T&T football around over the last 2 & 1/2 years after they inherited the massive debts acquired during the Oliver Camps/Jack Warner led era. RTK's contribution to T&T football during his tenure should long be appreciated by all genuine T&T football fans. Tim Kee made a vital contribution in helping to turn things around for us at a very low time in our football history that came not too long after the glory of attending our very first World Cup Finals in 2006.

Of all the candidates who contested the TTFA Presidential elections DJW had by far the most comprehensive manifesto called IMPERATIVES FOR CHANGE. See this link: https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/a68d0dd8-2b2e-4f5a-b3c2-4cc02f8766ac

I was also very impressed with Clynt Talyor and hope that he would be used in some capacity by David John-Williams if he offers his services. Would really loved to see Clynt Talyor as one of our TTFA VP's seeing that he was unable to win.

Listen to new TTFA President David John-Williams give his vision for T&T football a few days before being elected as new TTFA President this Sunday (yesterday).

Scoreboard 24th November 2015 TTFA General Elections with David John-Williams
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/B8ibolDEj28" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/B8ibolDEj28</a>

Below David John Williams addresses the media for the first time since being elected as President of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association on Sunday November 29th, 2015.

Newly elected TTFA President David John Williams in his first address to the media
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aS58wmLmDCs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aS58wmLmDCs</a>

Once again for those who are yet to examine it, you can read our new TTFA President David John-Williams Manifesto called IMPERATIVES FOR CHANGE at this link: https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/a68d0dd8-2b2e-4f5a-b3c2-4cc02f8766ac
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 12:18:11 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2015, 12:29:55 PM »
He is still biased in regards to w connection and will always be... He made it a point that his players from the youth level will play national...

Which we need to keep a close eye on...

He thank god first which is a good start, he understands the game which is good, when he speaks about expanding the pool, he better not expand it mainly to w connection players..

The jury is still out on him

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2015, 01:35:10 PM »
He is still biased in regards to w connection and will always be... He made it a point that his players from the youth level will play national...

Which we need to keep a close eye on...

He thank god first which is a good start, he understands the game which is good, when he speaks about expanding the pool, he better not expand it mainly to w connection players..

The jury is still out on him

DJW was pointing out that since there are already a high percentage of W Connection players already playing for T&T at U-23, U-20, U-17 and other levels that it is only natural that they would progress to play for T&T at senior level.

He did however say that he would expect folks like yourself to ignore that fact and still say that the TTFA President is biased towards W Connection players hence why there are so many W Connection players on the national teams.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 01:38:43 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2015, 03:08:38 PM »
FIFA Manager of Member Associations Luca Nicola congratulates David John Williams on his new post but also talks about a critical matter that he advises the TTFA to treat with seriously. According to Luca, Trinidad and Tobago could face suspension from the 2022 World Cup qualification if it does not pay outstanding salaries to former Women's Under 17 team head coach Even Pellerud based on a decision made by the FIFA Disciplinary Committee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYnvwjE9j0w

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2015, 03:57:29 PM »
FIFA Manager of Member Associations Luca Nicola congratulates David John Williams on his new post but also talks about a critical matter that he advises the TTFA to treat with seriously. According to Luca, Trinidad and Tobago could face suspension from the 2022 World Cup qualification if it does not pay outstanding salaries to former Women's Under 17 team head coach Even Pellerud based on a decision made by the FIFA Disciplinary Committee.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TYnvwjE9j0w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TYnvwjE9j0w</a>

Thanks for posting!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 06:10:15 PM by Socapro »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2015, 04:16:56 PM »
Congrats to David Williams.

Ah like yuh interview, very good talk.

Good luck to you.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2015, 04:26:51 PM »
No Scene Socapro... I hadda learn how to do that Video Thingy...  :beermug:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2015, 05:31:19 PM »
Real cool Adam. thanks. Well forumites, allyuh hear what he has to say. That was good talk. Let's see him walk the walk.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2015, 05:54:47 PM »
Congrats to DJW... BIG congrats to the TTFA for ACTUALLY HAVING an Election...

DJW...stick to the basics...do your best..be honest...

I think we should form a " WATCHDOG " group to expose any situations early...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2015, 06:17:23 PM »
Congrats once again to new TTFA President David John Williams!

The final moments of the TTFA Presidential Elections on November 29th, 2015 - TTFA Media TV

John Williams is announced as new TTFA President
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tNPXvTDOiBk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tNPXvTDOiBk</a>

Once again for those who are yet to examine it, you can read our new TTFA President David John-Williams Manifesto called IMPERATIVES FOR CHANGE at this link: https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/a68d0dd8-2b2e-4f5a-b3c2-4cc02f8766ac

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2015, 03:00:32 AM »
Skeene: TTPL board confident in David John-Williams’ commitment to football.
ttproleague.com.

Dexter Skeene, chief executive officer of the Trinidad and Tobago Pro League (TTPL), is looking forward to continue working with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA), which is now led by newly elected president David John-Williams, in improving the standard of local football with the focus on helping T&T qualify for World Cups on a regular basis.

“The TT Pro League has always maintained a cordial relationship with the TTFA and we expect it to continue,” Skeene stated.

“In fact, with the implementation of the new constitution, the Pro League as a member of the board would have the opportunity to make a direct contribution to the decision-making process. The interaction with the other associations would allow for efficient coordination of scheduling of different programmes.”

John-Williams, managing director of the family-owned John Williams construction company and owner of five-time Caribbean champions W Connection Football Club, got the nod of 25 votes, six more than the incumbent Raymond Tim Kee (19), who was seeking a second term, in the second round of voting at the VIP Lounge of the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain on Sunday.

John-Williams, who also held the post of vice-chairman of the Pro League, had also led the first round with 18 votes, ahead of Tim Kee (13) and Trinidad and Tobago Referees Association vice-president Clynt Taylor (8.). Ex-referee Ramesh Ramdhan and the Veteran Football Federation president Selby Browne were both eliminated after the first round with just three votes. Taylor received just one vote in the second round.

Skeene said, “On behalf of the TT Pro League, the Board of Directors wishes to congratulate Mr. David John-Williams on being elected as the president of the TTFA. The board wishes him every success in his term in office and looking forward to continue working with the TTFA to improve the standard of football and to help Trinidad and Tobago to qualify for a World Cup on a regular basis.

“The Board is aware of David’s commitment to the TT Pro League, W Connection and football in general over the years and we know that he would take that same enthusiasm and diligence into the TTFA’s office and his presidential position.”

On Sunday the TTFA elected its new president under its new constitution, which was formulated after 18 months of work by an Independent Reform Commission (IRC).

Key among the constitution changes implemented, is the tenure in which a president will serve. A president will now be allowed just two four-year terms, effectively ending the past era which saw former boss Oliver Camps reign for 19 years.

The new constitution also meant that major clubs have a better say with the “one club, one vote” system over the previous power of the six zonal associations. But although ten (10) Pro League clubs and eight representatives from the Super League each having a vote, the new system only accounts for 18 of the 47 voting delegates.

Pro League clubs North East Stars and Point Fortin Civic failed to show during Sunday’s election process while there were no representations for the Coaches and Players Associations which are non-operational.

The three elected vice-presidents are former Secondary Schools Football League president Ewing Davis, Phoenix Park Gas Processors vice-president Joanne Salazar and Tobago businessman Allan Warner, all members of John-Williams’ slate.

The TTFA Board of Directors also elected on Sunday are Samuel Saunders (Central FA), Sherwin Dyer (Eastern Counties Football Union), Karanjabari Williams (Northern FA), Richard Quan Chan (Southern FA), Anthony Moore (Tobago FA), Joseph Taylor (T&T Football Referees Association), Dexter Skeene (TT Pro League) and Sharon O’Brien (Women’s League Football).

“The League wishes to thank all those who contributed in the past,” added Skeene. “We wish to thank Mr. Raymond Tim Kee for implementing a democratic process for free and fair elections.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2015, 03:01:16 AM »
Tim Kee’s plea: Don’t send football back 20 years.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

Outgoing president of the T&T Football Association (T&TFA) Raymond Tim Kee is  pleading with his successor David John-Williams to not interfere with the new constitution which was approved and praised by the world governing body for football, FIFA.

His call comes a day after John-Williams, in his victory speech after his elevation to the top post on Sunday, said he will have to review the constitution and make some changes. This infuriated Tim Kee as he described this as a backward step that would send T&T football back some 20 years when one administration led for many years.

“I am begging for goodness sake, leave the constitution alone. I have fought very hard to make these changes and make this happen for the betterment of the sport, why do you want to change it now,” Tim Kee asked.

John-Williams triumphed 25-19 after the second round of voting to Tim Kee, after the first round saw Williams earn 18 votes, Tim Kee 13, Clynt Taylor 8 and the others two candidates Selby Browne and Ramesh Ramdhan eliminated by virtue of each receiving just three votes.

Tim Kee, who was seeking a second term in office, reminded John-Williams that it was the same constitutional changes for which he fought, that allowed him (John-Williams) the advantage of ten TT Pro League votes and eight Superleague votes to win.

“I was at a disadvantage but I accepted it because it was what the FIFA ordered. This is the system being used by all football nations around the world and to change it now could spell danger for T&T football,” Tim Kee explained. The Mayor of Port of Spain said he felt that John-Williams’ elevation was nothing but a misnomer, sentiments that he had expressed in a radio programme before the elections.

“He is a campaigner in the TT Pro League which is totally dependent on the Government’s subventions to stay alive but he is now saying that he can change things in the same league,” Tim Kee said. 

Of major disappointment also for Tim Kee was the exclusion of Colin Murray, the Carib Brewery’s events manager and Trotters owner John Sabga. They both perished to the overwhelming support by John-Williams’ slate, losing out to Ewing Davis for the position of first vice president.

Davis received 15 votes while second vice president Joanne Salazar got 23 and Allan Warner collected 20 votes for the post of third vice president for John-Williams’ team.

“Colin Murray and John Sabga would have been able to attract corporate T&T which is critical to rebuilding football in T&T,”  Tim Kee said.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2015, 05:28:32 AM »
His call comes a day after John-Williams, in his victory speech after his elevation to the top post on Sunday, said he will have to review the constitution and make some changes. This infuriated Tim Kee as he described this as a backward step that would send T&T football back some 20 years when one administration led for many years.
Unless I hear wrong, John-Williams said that he wanted to possibly add some things that he felt were missing, not necessarily make changes to what was already there. In any event, it would have to go through some approval process.

“Colin Murray and John Sabga would have been able to attract corporate T&T which is critical to rebuilding football in T&T,”  Tim Kee said.

This is true, but de people choose who dey wanted.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 06:32:53 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2015, 06:02:58 AM »
Unless I hear wrong, John-Williams said that he wanted to possibly add some things that he felt were missing, not necesseraily make changes to what was already there. In any event, it would have to go through some approval process.

Correct! The word he used is "silent".

(It seems that during the very election there might have been items to which the 'silence' applied or at least became apparent).

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2015, 06:22:42 AM »
Unless I hear wrong, John-Williams said that he wanted to possibly add some things that he felt were missing, not necessarily make changes to what was already there. In any event, it would have to go through some approval process.

This is true, but de people choose who dey wanted.

Not only that, but wasn't Tim Kee president? why didn't he hired them then if he knew this?

I don't know much about Ewing Davis, Joanne Salazar and Allan Warner, however, David John Williams is no' fool. He knows who can help and, who can't.

Would have been nice to see Colin Murray, Clynt Taylor and Tony Sabga play some part for T&T football, a collective effort is always better. Maybe in the marketing department?

Either way, David John Williams has the ability to make a positive change.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 06:32:25 AM by Tallman »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2015, 06:50:46 AM »
Tim Kee couldnt hire them as it would be against said constitution. They would have to be voted in.

Don't mind he was firing people against the constitution eh
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2015, 07:25:47 AM »

At the end of the day time will tell what this W Connection man do for T&T football. If he shit on T&T football we will bash him the same way. I am not one who will just fall for talk in interviews. So we shall see if he becomes an asset or a failure in due time.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2015, 07:49:14 AM »
Tim Kee couldnt hire them as it would be against said constitution. They would have to be voted in.

Don't mind he was firing people against the constitution eh

True !!! and as I mentioned, in the marketing department??

A position Darren Mullien was hired for without constitution.

Wonder whats going to happen to the website they just spent over 10,000 US to build and the hiring of Tim Kee's son to build it?

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2015, 08:37:26 AM »
Tim Kee’s plea: Don’t send football back 20 years.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

Outgoing president of the T&T Football Association (T&TFA) Raymond Tim Kee is  pleading with his successor David John-Williams to not interfere with the new constitution which was approved and praised by the world governing body for football, FIFA.

“I am begging for goodness sake, leave the constitution alone. I have fought very hard to make these changes and make this happen for the betterment of the sport, why do you want to change it now,” Tim Kee asked.

John-Williams triumphed 25-19 after the second round of voting to Tim Kee, after the first round saw Williams earn 18 votes, Tim Kee 13, Clynt Taylor 8 and the others two candidates Selby Browne and Ramesh Ramdhan eliminated by virtue of each receiving just three votes.

Tim Kee, who was seeking a second term in office, reminded John-Williams that it was the same constitutional changes for which he fought, that allowed him (John-Williams) the advantage of ten TT Pro League votes and eight Superleague votes to win.

“I was at a disadvantage but I accepted it because it was what the FIFA ordered. This is the system being used by all football nations around the world and to change it now could spell danger for T&T football,” Tim Kee explained. The Mayor of Port of Spain said he felt that John-Williams’ elevation was nothing but a misnomer, sentiments that he had expressed in a radio programme before the elections.

“He is a campaigner in the TT Pro League which is totally dependent on the Government’s subventions to stay alive but he is now saying that he can change things in the same league,” Tim Kee said. 

Of major disappointment also for Tim Kee was the exclusion of Colin Murray, the Carib Brewery’s events manager and Trotters owner John Sabga. They both perished to the overwhelming support by John-Williams’ slate, losing out to Ewing Davis for the position of first vice president.

Davis received 15 votes while second vice president Joanne Salazar got 23 and Allan Warner collected 20 votes for the post of third vice president for John-Williams’ team.

:violin:
Somebody put a muzzle on Tiny Tim, he is talking too much. You lost shut up. By the way, why did you feel it was in your best interest to ignore Pellerud, didn't FIFA want you to pay the man?
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2015, 04:31:42 PM »

The larger point is that the Constitution must not be trifled with just to pursue fantasies entertained on the campaign trail.  The present Constitution was the result of a very painstaking process mandated and supervised by FIFA, any changes can only come with the seal of approval by FIFA.  To do otherwise would be to the FA's detriment, as it likely would invoke sanctions all the way up to suspension.  It's a very naive statement, frankly.

1]; } ?>