March 28, 2024, 11:10:09 AM

Author Topic: David John Williams Thread.  (Read 121657 times)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: David John Williams Thread.
« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2016, 06:16:51 AM »

John-Williams fails to honour director’s contract

The T&T Football Association (TTFA), under new president David John-Williams, is facing another legal battle for money owed to one of its employees.

Sources say the John-Williams administration has failed to honour the contract of Kendal Walkes, the association’s director of football, who has not been paid since the new president assumed office on November 30.

Walkes, who coached at West Chester University in the United States for 25 years and was a key component in the US Olympic Development Programme, and his family were uprooted from their United States base, and brought to Trinidad under the Raymond Tim Kee administration to take up his position.

The deal included a housing allowance and an attractive monthly salary, along with  other perks. Sources say Walkes’ presence in the TTFA has not met the approval of John-Williams.

“The president disagreed with almost everything in the contract,” one source said.

Walkes and his legal representatives Andre Lord and Melissa Roberts-John met with members of the TTFA, including John-Williams, his vice presidents Joanne Salazar and Ewing Davis and its legal team at the TTFA office at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo, last week.

Walkes’ concerns were heard and discussed and the TTFA promised a response by Tuesday. 

Up to yesterday, Walkes had no communication from the TTFA. “Walkes and his team feel the TTFA is not interested in settling the matter. They have decided to settle it in the court,” the source explained.

Apart from legal proceedings, it is understood Walkes’ team has also written to the general secretaries of the Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Football Federations (CONCACAF) and FIFA, the world governing body for football.

The Guardian was told John-Williams appears interested in bringing in his own technical director and is therefore unwilling to accept Walkes. “John-Williams has his own way of doing things, which quite frankly is beginning to worry some of the very people who put him in office. It seems to be his way or the highway,” said the source.

“He has to start seeing the TTFA as a national association and not a club, this is not W Connection, this is Trinidad and Tobago football, and people are starting to think they made a mistake.”

Walkes took over from Anton Corneal who served the football association as technical director, assistant coach and youth development officer for almost six years, before he voluntarily retired over difficulty in receiving monies owed to him.

He has since filed legal action against the TTFA for $3.5 million. Apart from Corneal, ex-national midfielder Russell Latapy and Dutch coach Wim Rijsbergen have also sued the football federation over unpaid salaries.

Attempts to reach Walkes yesterday proved futile but John-Williams when contacted said he had no comment.

“I feel the one you should contact is Kendal Walkes and I will not be responding to anything he says either. My comment will come in the fullness of time.”

WALTER ALIBEY

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 12, 2016, 06:20:38 AM »
I guess he have to get paid.

But what Tim Kee do, why does DJW have to accept?

Who ever take ova will bring they own crew.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 12, 2016, 07:29:59 AM »
This is absolute foolishness. If DJW does not want him, the man have a contract negotiate a settlement with him and part ways. How complicated is that?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 12, 2016, 08:09:11 AM »

Sam if you were in Kendal's position, what would you have done.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 12, 2016, 11:05:12 AM »
It does sound like that contract was overly lucrative, if not exorbitant given the financial state of the association that Tim Kee inherited..I suspect this would be DJW defence. Seems like historically, ttfa kept making contracts that could not be honoured, given the financial state, and eventually paid by the ppl of TT. And the contractees not caring for country but for business..they working they making, but hey, I want my millions, and don't care who pay it.Business is Business..
That is the modern world we live in, Natinal representation is a business, making deals leave a sour taste. Such is life.
Mr Walkes therefore has not much less alternative as precedence has been set.. As usual all foreigners will be paid 1 st( Beene, pfister,latapy, wim) , why not Walkes, locals will hold strain...then it's the foreigners who understand and those that partly volunteered, we tend to then take advantage of , and treat them as locals.( Hart, Waldron)..

I seems DJW may be about bringing the Ttfa into the modern business world, yet hard decision and possible unbeknown mistakes might be made along the way. Yet, at present, besides on going staff salaries, to many historical debits to be paid. The cuts have to occur somewhere now.
JMO
Add: the unfortunate reality, sports in TT don't make money, as much as we may see it doing so 24 hrs a day on TV. "Just Do It" is a great marketing slogan.. Not even the one thing many may be fanatical about, Carnival, is a money maker..some ppl can make a living, but it's not a money maker..our government.i.e. Us give a lot of money..
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 09:25:39 PM by maxg »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 12, 2016, 01:35:42 PM »

Sam if you were in Kendal's position, what would you have done.

DJW is de new boss and de money owe to these fellas he will have to pay them, I said that Deeks, read and stop wasting meh time.

DJW dont have to keep Kendall, tha is what I mean, buy out his contract or what ever they normally do, paid him out and send him home,,,, IF HE LIKE..

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2016, 12:16:57 AM »
Stuart Charles will be the Director of Coaching, Technical Director and National Coach with Mr Ball Hog as his assistant.

The National team will be playing that slow confusing brand of football..where players wouldn't be sure whether to man mark or cover the space... they would be doing both tasks..(typical W tactics).

They would be not sure of their attacking shape and play the ball deliberately with much composure into the feet of the opponent.

Their midfield would lack  creativity ...neither would the players have  any desire to be creative.

John Williams would  be satisfied and content because he would have finally achieved his ultimate objective.

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
John Williams does not respect the players.
« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2016, 09:58:27 AM »
I went over to see the game vs Grenada and can you believe David John Williams was there with his W Connection crew, he never even walk down and greet the players and staff.

Asked yourself, he has won election 4 months ago, have you guys ever hear him acknowledge the players, coaches or even the supporters?

The guy look at Hart like he is nothing.

He has won election since November last year and never even acknowledge the players or greet them.

He is riding around with his W Connection crew to all the games and no respect for the T&T players and staff. He passing them straight like a stranger.

He secretly flew in for the game vs St Vincent with his crew and nobody knew.

The players they feel he is disrespectful.

The guy have a motive.

He doesn't care about anyone.

He is pushing for his W Connection peeps.

The faster the team fails, the better for him, it will give him excuse to fire Hart and his players and bring in his team and his players.

This guy is worst than Jack Warner, he is doing things so dread in so little time he has been here.

Someone on his staff told me (I can't call names, his close friend) that he said he will go to the game on Tuesday.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 10:06:12 AM by Insider »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: John Williams does not respect the players.
« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2016, 10:43:18 AM »
Phew..for ah 2nd there, I thought was was getting anudda secret..or disturbing news a la DJ
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 10:45:45 AM by maxg »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2016, 11:03:18 AM »
That dont surprise me.

I know for a fact he goes into the W Connection team locker room and interact with the players.

Look at these 2 interviews and see the passion he has with W Connection and look at him now.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ex619u4VLPU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ex619u4VLPU</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XXD1ueVCnLk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XXD1ueVCnLk</a>

Now look at him before election.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wr0MmTqEWbU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wr0MmTqEWbU</a>

The guy realise the mountain is to high for him to climb.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #130 on: March 27, 2016, 11:47:20 AM »
And people on here so simple minded they can't see how this is affecting the team...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 27, 2016, 11:56:49 AM »
Rope een Deeks
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2016, 02:26:22 PM »
Keep it positive and progressive that neutralize the negative
Positive results from here to the world cup
All in good time
Players have to get the Winns
Just win baby and all great things will be added

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2016, 02:36:38 PM »
Rope een Deeks

Breds, nobody have to rope me in. If them guys feel neglected or disrespected by DJW, they have options. Play and win or don't play at all.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2016, 03:58:12 PM »
Clown John Williams have no blasted respect.

He must be praying them fellas lose so he could fire Hart and hire Earl Jean and make Stuart Charles TD.

Hear nah, St Lucians and Haitians love voodoo, like them men put some black magic on Clown Williams and have he head mess up. They woking on he day and night, he,,,, to-tool-bay.

Ah man say he watching Hart bad eye from de stands.

4 months now he is president and he eh even have de respect to even meet de players.

What a f000cking shameless bastard !!!!!

He working for T&T but he heart with W Connection.

He praying with W Connection players in they locker room but yet he watching T&T players with scorn.

Ah hear he vex with Hart because he wants Jomal to play, so big club want to buy him nah.

I don't understand, if he eh like T&T, just leave nah man, leave we football alone and stop f00cking up we country, is not yours alone, if you love St Lucia, go there and f00ck up them football.

Kenwyne, allyuh doh fall for this shit, doh stoop to he level, allyuh win and let he heart burn him.

Hart eh going no where.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2016, 04:05:59 PM »
What kind of foolishness is this?? 

Really insider?? He's worse than Jack Warner??

So the basis of this is that he did not go down and greet the players?? Really?? This is the reason for an entire thread??

Negativity? Affecting the players?? How silly is this?? 

Controversial, you never liked DJW from the start, so nothing he does will satisfy you.  We got a friendly against Uruguay, you have a problem because you want to know who initiated talks, lol.  Totally laughable.

We got a friendly for our local based against Grenada...........you said that we need more friendlies.  The only place i see negativity is in here.

I am not a fan of DJW, but geez, give the man a chance.  Four months in to his tenure and men saying that he not speaking about the national team with the same passion he speaks about the club he spent the last 30 years grooming.

So unreasonable and so unnecessary.  As i keep saying, we are the creators of our own demise.

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2016, 04:07:15 PM »

He must be praying them fellas lose so he could fire Hart and hire Earl Jean and make Stuart Charles TD.

Hear nah, St Lucians and Haitians love voodoo, like them men put some black magic on Clown Williams and have he head mess up. They woking on he day and night, he,,,, to-tool-bay.

4 months now he is president and he eh even have de respect to even meet de players.

He praying with W Connection players in they locker room but yet he watching T&T players with scorn.

Ah hear he vex with Hart because he wants Jomal to play, so big club want to buy him nah.

I don't understand, if he eh like T&T, just leave nah man, leave we football alone and stop f00cking up we country, is not yours alone, if you love St Lucia, go there and f00ck up them football.

Kenwyne, allyuh doh fall for this shit, doh stoop to he level, allyuh win and let he heart burn him.

Hart eh going no where.

This in itself is a very disrespectful post.  This site real gone downhill.................smh
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2016, 04:24:26 PM »
This thread is nothing but pure mauvais langue. What obligates the man to go down on the field.
I'm sure if he had done so you would have been posting look how he kissing up to Hart and the team.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2016, 04:28:51 PM »
I am not a DJW fan but he win and we have to give him time to prove himself or not.I've been around DJW in the past and to say he doen't like T&T is stretching it. 

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 27, 2016, 04:57:58 PM »
We getting closer to the truth with each post. Could be the moment of reckoning.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2016, 05:34:21 PM »

Hart eh going no where.

This in itself is a very disrespectful post.  This site real gone downhill.................smh

F00ck off nah please...

Try talking to the players behind de scenes, maybe yuh go get some sense.

Pussdy @!!!

If de site go one hill, go then.

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2016, 05:40:58 PM »
What kind of foolishness is this?? 

Really insider?? He's worse than Jack Warner??

So the basis of this is that he did not go down and greet the players?? Really?? This is the reason for an entire thread??

Negativity? Affecting the players?? How silly is this?? 

Controversial, you never liked DJW from the start, so nothing he does will satisfy you.  We got a friendly against Uruguay, you have a problem because you want to know who initiated talks, lol.  Totally laughable.

We got a friendly for our local based against Grenada...........you said that we need more friendlies.  The only place i see negativity is in here.

I am not a fan of DJW, but geez, give the man a chance.  Four months in to his tenure and men saying that he not speaking about the national team with the same passion he speaks about the club he spent the last 30 years grooming.

So unreasonable and so unnecessary.  As i keep saying, we are the creators of our own demise.

Andre, I believe the president needs to reach out to the players and fans.

Show me where he has done so since being elected and it cost NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!

He is upset since the players protested before the game vs Haiti.

He does not like Kenwyne and Jan.

Bro, its deeper than you think.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2016, 06:12:26 PM »
If T&T makes it to the WC they will get MILLIONS.

David, please see the big picture.

You will get your big pay day soon.

Hand on.

Enough to feed Renee and Stuart and their family and you also the TTFA.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 06:15:24 PM by Sando »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 27, 2016, 06:15:53 PM »
This guy is a conman

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2016, 01:36:49 AM »
What the president and everybody else needs to do is there job. Don't really care who holds hands and sing Kumbaya. As long as everyone does their service.  The country bigger ,more dependent and important than any one individual. So shut up and pull or push or steer, just let's try to do it together and forward nuh. Just once or twice might be enuff to move forward a little.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 01:42:37 AM by maxg »

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 28, 2016, 07:15:38 AM »
Keep this in mind....the more we divide the more difficult it becomes for us to unite
Rastafari
The past done gone already....the future us yet to arrive....all we have is the present.....once we do our best right now....that  future will be glorious

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2016, 09:47:45 AM »
I was in the stands looking at the team train, guess who showed up, my big shot president.

He ducked out before the session was over.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2016, 10:56:10 AM »
Well, the players should be happy, who cares if your boss dont say hi.

It should not bother them.

Even though David is acting childish and immature, that's on him, that's his problem.

The team should play better and force him to talk to them.

He worse than a 6 year old kid.

The players should just laugh at this fool.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2016, 11:54:00 AM »
How does it works when TTFA decide to fire someone? Is it the President decision alone or is it the President along with the committee / board members making a unify decision?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2016, 12:01:30 PM »
How does it works when TTFA decide to fire someone? Is it the President decision alone or is it the President along with the committee / board members making a unify decision?

Does it makes a difference?

The guy owns the committee, he vice presidents works for W Connection to.

De man gone quick quick to run for president and realise he barke up de wrong tree, now he bitter with de players and coaches.

He get more vex because Hart dot want to play he W Connection players.

So he losing money all round.

1]; } ?>