March 28, 2024, 09:18:28 AM

Author Topic: David John Williams Thread.  (Read 121643 times)

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: David John Williams Thread.
« Reply #180 on: May 19, 2016, 02:47:23 PM »
I honestly believe DJW's heart is in the right place and he has the best of intentions for the team. The problem is his management style. He's too authoritarian apparently, wants to make all the decisions and is used to getting what he wants. When he says jump he expects everyone to say "where?" and "how high?"

While that may work for him at his business and at his club, it can't work in this situation and the sooner he realises that the better for all involved.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 19, 2016, 03:16:11 PM »
After that debacle he goes and negotiates this:

"TTFA Signs Partnership Deal with Shanghai Construction Group Caribbean Limited Valued at $600,000. This partnership will cover the upcoming Three-Match International Series with China, Uruguay and Peru."

Yuh cyah make it up oui SMFH

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 19, 2016, 03:37:03 PM »

"TTFA Signs Partnership Deal with Shanghai Construction Group Caribbean Limited Valued at $600,000. This partnership will cover the upcoming Three-Match International Series with China, Uruguay and Peru."

Seems like this presidency  is less about furthering his club's interests and more about furthering his business interests.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 19, 2016, 03:48:05 PM »

Good going.

Ease up on the man, he made a mistaking about stepping over Hart, but if he apologise, lets move on.

The man wanted us to play a game, maybe it was a chance to make a little extra.

But still, he just handle it bad.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 19, 2016, 05:51:58 PM »
well done with the Chinese sponsorhip...and badly done with going on the training field
just as we applaud a good pass or move...is the same way we will steups or get vex for a bad pass or move..so take it DJW...do YOUR Wuk
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #185 on: May 19, 2016, 06:43:19 PM »
His reasons for not arranging the friendlies within the Fifa window is because he wants to cap his players for outside contracts... If it falls within the window, KJ and the first team will suit up..

David has his ulterior motives, been saying this from day one.. Where is that money going from China? In David pocket?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 19, 2016, 08:29:18 PM »
His reasons for not arranging the friendlies within the Fifa window is because he wants to cap his players for outside contracts... If it falls within the window, KJ and the first team will suit up..

David has his ulterior motives, been saying this from day one.. Where is that money going from China? In David pocket?

friendlies are not included .... only official competition games
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 19, 2016, 08:56:42 PM »
What are you talking about? England? Of course friendlies are included.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 19, 2016, 09:17:49 PM »
I honestly believe DJW's heart is in the right place and he has the best of intentions for the team. The problem is his management style. He's too authoritarian apparently, wants to make all the decisions and is used to getting what he wants. When he says jump he expects everyone to say "where?" and "how high?"

While that may work for him at his business and at his club, it can't work in this situation and the sooner he realises that the better for all involved.

If this story is true, I with you on that. His approach is a little aggressive and borderline disrespectful. But, he trying to organize another friendly, against a decent opponent. I can remember the last time we play an African team. Plus EQG is not a bad team. I would have like to see the game to be quite honest. My plan is to avoid the Copa as it will be too much for me. So a lil friendly to get my attention in June, wouldnt have been bad at all..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 09:47:13 PM by Deeks »

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 19, 2016, 11:14:06 PM »
The TTFA will chart its own course—in private! DJW snubs questions on controversy
Wired868

Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president David John-Williams refused to respond to questions on an alleged training ground incident with “Soca Warriors” head coach Stephen Hart, issues raised by National Futsal Team coach Clayton Morris or even to reveal when technical director Muhammad Isa started work at the local football body.

In a bizarre, impromptu questions and answers segment at the Hyatt Regency hotel, John-Williams carefully chose the queries he wished to respond to; and promised to deal with the others, via press releases, “at the appropriate time.”

“Let me just tell you this,” John-Williams told Wired868, “the TTFA has decided not to conduct its business in public.

“The TTFA has decided that we will chart the course how we want to go. And we will not be puppets.”

It was John-Williams’ first press conference since he was elected as TTFA president on 29 November 2015; and he was not keen on fielding questions.

Shanghai Group of Companies (SGC) CEO Michael Tang—whose company arranged the June 3 exhibition match between the Trinidad and Tobago and China National Senior Teams and paid the TTFA TT$600,000 fee to sport its logo at the event—suggested to Wired868, prior to the press conference, that the TTFA was responsible for the fact that there was no Q&A segment in the event.

Still, John-Williams was cornered by local sport reporters after the event and was generous enough with his time. But only for questions he approved of.

Wired868 asked him to explain a training ground incident at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Tuesday morning when he allegedly asked Hart and his technical staff to leave their own session and asked the footballers to overrule their coach’s decision to snub a practice match against Equatorial Guinea.

The Warriors are already booked to travel to Peru, Uruguay and China for three matches within the space of 12 days—the team will cross 11 time zones just to get to Qin Huang Dao in China.

Hart admitted that the TTFA requested a fourth game and did not deny the training ground incident. But—possibly sensitive to the ramifications with his boss, the TTFA president—he asked the media to restrict their question to technical matters.

“There were discussions about a fourth game, yes,” said Hart. “Listen, that sort of situation, I don’t want to talk about right now. Because I don’t want any situation to affect the squad.

“Let’s focus on the technical part of the football.”

John-Williams certainly had no intention of explaining his training ground behaviour to the public.

“I am only talking about positive things today, Lasana,” said the TTFA president. “So don’t ask me those questions.”

John-Williams suggested to the media that, somehow, his refusal to answer question was actually an honourable position.

“We as an administration won’t conduct our business in public,” he said. “We conduct our business quietly. My philosophy is: he who moves quietly moves the furthest.

....See Full Article http://wired868.com/2016/05/19/the-ttfa-will-chart-its-own-course-in-private-djw-snubs-questions-on-controversy/
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 11:15:56 PM by amielisadore »

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 20, 2016, 12:52:39 AM »
TTFA SIGNS PARTNERSHIP DEAL WITH SHANGHAI CARIBBEAN GROUP...

http://ttfootball.org/2016/05/19/ttfa-signs-partnership-deal-with-shanghai-caribbean-group/

With World Cup qualification set to resume on September 2 at home to Guatemala with the Soca Warriors needing only a point to advance to the Final Round of Qualification ahead of their final match away to USA in Florida four days later, John-Williams said there is the possibility of another match.

DJW:
“Our campaign resumes in early September and I have spoken to coach Stephen Hart with regards to another international friendly locally on August 27 with the possible team being either Bahrain, Jordan, Dominican Republic or Puerto Rico.

“So when coach Hart comes back to me on his choice of the team we should face, we would make an announcement then.”

Why didn't he adopt this approach instead of trying to cut to the players? This guy has a weird way of doing business but he does reap results. The way I see it for every 2 step forwards, he make 1 backward step with authoritarian style!!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 02:05:09 PM by Thomo »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #193 on: May 20, 2016, 02:22:36 AM »
TTFA Growing Pains.
By Nigel Simon (Guardian).

...but our hearts in right place, says TTFA boss.

Under fire T&T Football Association (T&TFA) president David John-Williams and Soca Warriors coach Stephen Hart both opted to stay mum on an alleged dispute over the scheduling of a fourth friendly international match for the team during its warm up campaign over the next month.

Hart and his squad leave today for South America where the team will face Peru in Lima on Monday followed by two-time FIFA World Cup champions Uruguay on May 27 in Montevideo. They then head to Asia for a clash with emerging power, China in Qin Huang Dao on June 3.

It was reported yesterday that John-Williams attempted to introduce a fourth match against Equatorial Guinea on June 10 at home, which was turned down by the team management.

According to yesterday’s report, John-Williams was criticised by the players for interrupting a training session and attempting to influence them to take part in the match despite its rejection by coach Hart. 

Pressed yesterday at a media conference at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, to explain what transpired, a visibly upset John-Williams said he was only talking about positive things at the event. “I’m not answering those questions. We are here for a celebration of things today, (in reference to a $600,000 sponsorship from Shanghai Construction Group)”.

John-Williams noted that the game of football was much bigger than him, coach Hart and the players. He noted that long after he leaves as president of the T&TFA, the game will live on.

“I know a lot of people are afraid of change, but change is the only thing that is consistent in life and there will be growing pains as we go along the journey, but trust me the association that I head, I think our heart is in the right place. Our coach Hart has a big heart for T&T football, and we will do everything in our powers to make this work.

“I am also happy to announce that for the first time in a long time that players and technical staff will be paid part of their match fees without kicking a ball.”

Hart who also stayed clear of discussing issues from Tuesday’s training session, admitted that discussions about playing a possible fourth friendly international did take place, but he did not think it was needed at this time.

“We have to remember that the players only have three weeks of vacation and are also obligated to spend some time with their family before heading back to their clubs.”

He added: “I rather move on and look towards what is to be done with the team.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 20, 2016, 08:24:44 AM »
He real dodge Lasana's questions, bob and weave :challenge:

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 20, 2016, 09:38:34 AM »
I am usually one to give the benefit of doubt.  This is extremely fishy!  Why all these friendlies outside of FIFA window?  Contro does talk shit but he see this one from a mile.  DJW is simply trying to get as many caps as possible for Connection players.  Hart has already lamented the limited recovery time for the China fixture and he is a professional with loads of expertise as a coach in such matters, so why even approach the players at all.  Obviously some would ignorantly be interested so the idea was to catch them off guard and possibly agreeing so he could tell Hart "the players have spoken, the game is on!"  DJW is very dangerous!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 20, 2016, 10:26:10 AM »
Next question to ask DJW. Does China own the south china sea including the Philippines and Vietnam?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 20, 2016, 01:33:24 PM »
nice.. so what is SCG ROI for this gesture. Do we have to do some Ads. Eat more dimsum, park up the sushi. what ?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 20, 2016, 01:53:40 PM »
He real dodge Lasana's questions, bob and weave :challenge:

There seems to be a professional opportunity for the TTFA to acquire a spokesperson.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 20, 2016, 02:23:03 PM »
Next question to ask DJW. Does China own the south china sea including the Philippines and Vietnam?

:rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 20, 2016, 02:30:09 PM »

:rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

Happy belated, Jumbie.  :beermug:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 20, 2016, 05:47:17 PM »
Dat man is POISON
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 20, 2016, 09:52:38 PM »

Happy belated, Jumbie.  :beermug:

Much thanks!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 21, 2016, 02:40:52 AM »

On Wednesday night we reported an alleged incident at a Warriors training session, where players were reportedly approached by the TTFA President to consider a 4th match added to their schedule. David John Williams and Head Coach Stephen Hart somewhat addressed the matter today.
WATCH: https://www.facebook.com/csportslive/videos/1179158602135770/

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 21, 2016, 05:35:46 AM »
Warriors warns John-Williams to stay away.
T&T Guardian Reports.

...president stops training for meeting.

Members of the senior national team want T&T Football Association (TTFA) president David John-Williams to stay away from the team, and stop interfering with its management.

The Soca Warriors got the shock of their lives on Tuesday when John-Williams interupted their training session at the Ato Boldon Stadium, and asked their management team, including head coach Stephen Hart, to step aside so he could speak with them privately.

John-Williams then attempted to influence the players to play an exhibition match against Equatorial Guinea on June 10, despite the match being rejected by Hart.

The players say they were taken aback that the president of the Association could be so bold faced as to bypass the management team’s decision and attempt to deal with them. “What is the message this man sending to us? That he is the boss?,” asked one player who opted for anonymity.

The players told John-Williams that they were not in a position to make a decision and would respond to him later that evening, after discussing the issue with their management.

According to the players, once they learnt that Hart rejected the game, it was easy to arrive at their decision. “In the first instance, neither John-Williams nor any official of the TTFA has a right to be speaking with the members of the team without going through the management. We find that extremely distasteful and disrespectful, and president or no president, it was an awful choice.”

Sources say that John-Williams, who replaced Raymond Tim Kee as TTFA president on 29 November 2015, was also turned away by Hart when he attempted to stage the match.

“It simply did not make sense,” said one player, “We are involved in three matches against Peru, Uruguay and China on May 23 and 27 and June 3 respectively. The matches are being played in Lima and Montevideo, before we head to China for a match in Qin Huang Dao on June 3.

“It will be a real test for every single player, having to travel from China back home, and we are certain to be very tired after all that travel. We believe that our coach made the right decision in rejecting the match which John-Williams wanted to put on on June 10. That made no sense since we probably would still be leg weary.”

Contacted yesterday, Hart refused to comment on the incident and declined to confirm or deny whether it took place while John-Williams did not respond to calls.

I don't see why Hart would not want to play a game against Equatorial Guinea during a FIFA window and just call in a few new players?

Hart can't always expect to use the same players anyway or win all the time.

Its a friendly game, no one expecting you to win all the time.

Once the TTFA supporting it and all expense is covered, whats the issue?

In the past Hart himself was upset about not getting enough games and now he turning down games?

Come on.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 21, 2016, 05:50:39 AM »

But Jackula not in charge any more.....oh wait.... :whistling:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #206 on: May 21, 2016, 07:38:25 AM »
Tell David to stop playing a smart man and arrange friendlies during the window where we can have a proper camp for our first team to play.. I don't want to see a national team flooded with connection players

David thinks he's smarter than everyone else, but he's not, just manipulative and scheming

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 21, 2016, 07:52:10 AM »

I don't see why Hart would not want to play a game against Equatorial Guinea during a FIFA window and just call in a few new players?

In the past Hart himself was upset about not getting enough games and now he turning down games?

Come on.

Not the situation here. June 10 is not within the window.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 21, 2016, 07:57:49 AM »
Warriors warns John-Williams to stay away.
T&T Guardian Reports.

...president stops training for meeting.

Members of the senior national team want T&T Football Association (TTFA) president David John-Williams to stay away from the team, and stop interfering with its management.

The Soca Warriors got the shock of their lives on Tuesday when John-Williams interupted their training session at the Ato Boldon Stadium, and asked their management team, including head coach Stephen Hart, to step aside so he could speak with them privately.

John-Williams then attempted to influence the players to play an exhibition match against Equatorial Guinea on June 10, despite the match being rejected by Hart.

The players say they were taken aback that the president of the Association could be so bold faced as to bypass the management team’s decision and attempt to deal with them. “What is the message this man sending to us? That he is the boss?,” asked one player who opted for anonymity.

The players told John-Williams that they were not in a position to make a decision and would respond to him later that evening, after discussing the issue with their management.

According to the players, once they learnt that Hart rejected the game, it was easy to arrive at their decision. “In the first instance, neither John-Williams nor any official of the TTFA has a right to be speaking with the members of the team without going through the management. We find that extremely distasteful and disrespectful, and president or no president, it was an awful choice.”

Sources say that John-Williams, who replaced Raymond Tim Kee as TTFA president on 29 November 2015, was also turned away by Hart when he attempted to stage the match.

“It simply did not make sense,” said one player, “We are involved in three matches against Peru, Uruguay and China on May 23 and 27 and June 3 respectively. The matches are being played in Lima and Montevideo, before we head to China for a match in Qin Huang Dao on June 3.

“It will be a real test for every single player, having to travel from China back home, and we are certain to be very tired after all that travel. We believe that our coach made the right decision in rejecting the match which John-Williams wanted to put on on June 10. That made no sense since we probably would still be leg weary.”

Contacted yesterday, Hart refused to comment on the incident and declined to confirm or deny whether it took place while John-Williams did not respond to calls.

Come on.

Errol,

The coach has rightly explained that this is simply too many games in short window. From South America to China then back to TnT to play 4 matches in 18 days. Do you know what the required recovery time for a athlete is across these time zones?

Though these games are friendlies, they impact our FIFA World Rankings and you want to select what will likely not be our best players.  Have you considered how the potential results will affect our rankings and possibility of quality games next year?

The TTFA President who is also the owner of a professional club has shown that he either is ignorant of what are well known international standards for players health or he knows them but choosing to ignore them. The former suggests incompetence the latter a lack of responsibility.

The decision belongs with the Coach and his staff, not the purview of the President of TTFA.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 21, 2016, 08:25:00 AM »
The bottom line is, whether the coach right or wrong, he made his decision.

How you now will go behind his back to undermine his decision to get your way? Makes it seem like there is an ulterior motive. Whether financial or otherwise. Fill in the blanks.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>