March 28, 2024, 04:00:59 PM

Author Topic: David John Williams Thread.  (Read 121689 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: David John Williams Thread.
« Reply #240 on: July 12, 2016, 03:40:51 PM »
‘Lets not focus on Caribbean leadership as yet’, Anthony Moore, the Tobago Football Association (TFA) president and a member of the board of the T&T Football Association (TTFA) Anthony Moore said, in the wake of football association president David John-Williams’ pursuit of the leadership of the Caribbean Football Union.

That would require having the best interests of T&T football as a whole at heart.   
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 12, 2016, 08:40:31 PM »
‘Lets not focus on Caribbean leadership as yet’, Anthony Moore, the Tobago Football Association (TFA) president and a member of the board of the T&T Football Association (TTFA) Anthony Moore said, in the wake of football association president David John-Williams’ pursuit of the leadership of the Caribbean Football Union.

That would require having the best interests of T&T football as a whole at heart.   
When I was young maybe I was naive, but I thought people like Jack was the exception rather than the rule. Now I lookin at the DJW shamelessly lookin after himself and his friends on a timecrunch.  Is that a reflection of T&T leaders, figures in authority, philosophy, culture, outlook on life today? Did people half expect something like this at election time?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 13, 2016, 06:04:43 AM »
Anyone having buyers' remorse?

All of a sudden the last regime ent looking so bad anymore, ent?  Ah well, here's to 3 1/2 more years  :beermug:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 13, 2016, 06:10:57 AM »

Maybe there is some hope. This is one of the most sensible and pragmatic statement a TTFA official has made in a long time.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 13, 2016, 07:55:02 AM »

All of a sudden the last regime ent looking so bad anymore, ent?  Ah well, here's to 3 1/2 more years  :beermug:
Bakes what's up boss? It's looking to me as if the interest of T&T football is not his main priority but rather a means to an end. I was hoping that if he wins The CFU position, he'll have to give up the TTFA one but it don't seem likely.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 13, 2016, 07:58:20 AM »

Bakes, Breds, you appeared this morning like flash of lightening. How you doing?  I must confess, I am one of them who drinking a petit quart everytime ah read about DJW recent exploits. But the  guy from Tobago makes a valid point about TT cleaning up and mending fences with  Carib counterparts, especially those from the English speaking Caribbean. No TT official will get the kind of trust after the damage done by Jack.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 08:45:27 AM by Deeks »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 13, 2016, 08:38:47 AM »
With whom was Anthony Moore aligned during the TTFA election process?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 13, 2016, 12:49:47 PM »
Bakes what's up boss? It's looking to me as if the interest of T&T football is not his main priority but rather a means to an end. I was hoping that if he wins The CFU position, he'll have to give up the TTFA one but it don't seem likely.

I good boss... yeah, unlikely that he'll have to give up the TTFA job.  Pity, DJW hardly qualified to run a mauby stand.  Imagine this man never even looked at the constitutional reforms that were passed before he ran for office.  No wonder it seemed so strange that he made "reform" a big part of his manifesto. 

Bakes, Breds, you appeared this morning like flash of lightening. How you doing?  I must confess, I am one of them who drinking a petit quart everytime ah read about DJW recent exploits. But the  guy from Tobago makes a valid point about TT cleaning up and mending fences with  Carib counterparts, especially those from the English speaking Caribbean. No TT official will get the kind of trust after the damage done by Jack.

Yeah Moore makes some good points but talk is cheap, it's up to the Board (the former ExCo) to push back and keep him in check.  See how easy they brush off the endorsement of infantino? "Inexperience" they chalk it up too.  Dem ent serious.  He knew exactly what he was (and is) doing.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 13, 2016, 02:26:18 PM »
He knew exactly what he was (and is) doing.

Beyond the shadow of a doubt. He could see down the pike.

In some respects, DJW is a lion amongst several unsophisticated lambs (some of his CFU peers). Even if there are 'suspecting' lambs, they wouldn't know where to turn.

Eight months into the job, DJW knows how to count votes.

Tell allyuh what doh (channelling meh Nakhid) ... Better him than that traitor from the USVI, Hillaren Frederick?!!!  :devil:

Then when one considers the alternative is the Gordon Derrick status quo (whose standing to run appears to be a contradiction), DJW is going to pour cold water all over Anthony Moore, with Joanne Salazar supplying the ice.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 02:39:40 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 13, 2016, 02:41:28 PM »
Look who is paying attention:

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2016/07/13/john-williams-hit-300k-demand-unpaid-debts-eve-cfu-election/

JW had Andrew Jennings, looks like Nicholson is pivoting for DJW.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 14, 2016, 05:23:54 PM »
Lasana Liburd and DJW on i95.5FM again

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 14, 2016, 07:19:31 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_yj2rNZlp0Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_yj2rNZlp0Q</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 18, 2016, 05:40:22 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_yj2rNZlp0Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_yj2rNZlp0Q</a>
anybody provide a (text) summary of this one?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #253 on: July 19, 2016, 03:13:44 AM »
TTFA willing to adopt more open approach.
T&T Newsday Reports.

THE TRINIDAD and Tobago Football Association (TTFA), for the first time under the presidency of David John-Williams held an open discussion forum with it stakeholders after the Extraordinary General Meeting at Naparima College on Saturday.

Several topics were discussed during the open forum which allowed members of the TTFA council to voice their opinions and share ideas pertaining to various matters.

Among those were the TT football calendar and the National Super League.

John-Williams later expressed satisfaction with the discussions.

“I think it was a very good session we had this morning, very open and frank views coming from the membership, the zones and the Super League and I think it is something very positive. We had some intense discussions on how we should structure football in Trinidad and Tobago, what is the best time for it and I am encouraged by it,” John-Williams said.

“It will take a lot of effort though, coming out of this meeting to reconvene another meeting as quickly as possible and get all the things that have been suggested at the meeting, to take place,” he added.

During the session, members were told about some of the undertakings by the TTFA under John-Williams’ presidency and there were calls for more of this type of information to be relayed on a consistent basis.

John-Williams commented: “I am not a person to trumpet the achievement under my administration and I take full responsibility for that. But I think now we may have to change that approach and let people know and let the stakeholders know what has been happening.

A lot of things have been happening behind the scenes at the TTFA and good things at that and I think now we have to improve our communication and let the stakeholders know all the positive things that are happening at the TTFA.” Morvant Caledonia AIA owner Jamaal Shabazz also relayed similar feelings on the way the discussions went on Saturday.

“I think it was important this discussion took place. The question of where football is going particularly in terms of development and competition was discussed. I think the views expressed by clubs from the Super League, people like Keith Look Loy and Kester Lendor and teams like WASA was important and it’s a good sign because we have got to move into that collective participation in terms of where football goes,” Shabazz noted.

“We have come out of an era where (Jack) Warner had the resources to buy the intellectual capacity.

Now we have come into a new era and I think that the new TTFA does not have the resources to buy the intellect so it must come from forums where people who have that intellectual capacity can bring forward their ideas and there have also be forums created where people can air their grouse, air their difference of opinion so they don;t have to run outside of the football fraternity and air their grievances.” Shabazz emphasized some more on the promising points arising from the meeting.

“Among the promising points raised was the need for the TTFA to address club development in the zones. That was an excellent point brought forward by Keith Look Loy. The question of not weakening strong structures to facilitate weak people but forcing weak structures to become strong and helping them to do that.

“The stabilising of the Super League and the calendar of the season, not just the Super League but also the Pro League and the Zonal competitions. How do we structure a calendar where everything falls in place and we become one organised unit was a critical point addressed and will certainly help going forward.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #254 on: July 19, 2016, 03:15:32 AM »
Caribbean ambitions.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

By this Saturday, David John-Williams hopes to add the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) president portfolio to his current role of Trinidad and Tobago Football Association president which he has held for just nine months.

It will be a meteoric rise for John-Williams, former chairman of four-time Caribbean champions Directv W Connection. On Saturday, John-Williams challenges incumbent, Gordon Derrick, of the Antigua-Barbuda Football Association and Hillaren Frederick, president of the United States Virgin Islands Football Association for the presidency at the XXXIX Caribbean Football Union Congress.

The CFU will hold its ordinary congress at the Pan Am Ballroom of the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, in Miami, Florida, where delegates will vote for an executive committee to lead the organisation for the next four years.

Other contested positions will see Cheney Joseph (Grenada, incumbent) and Osiris Guzman (Dominican Republic) vying for the first vice-president position. Rignaal Francisca (Curacao, incumbent) and Anton Sealy (Bahamas) are vying for the second vice-president position.

Fabrice Baly (St. Martin) and Lyndon Cooper (St. Lucia, incumbent) are vying for the third vice-president position. Raymond Anderson (Jamaica), Richard Dijkhoff (Aruba) and Hillaren Frederick (USVI) are also vying for the fourth vice-president position.

Nine individuals are in the race for the four spots as executive committee member. They are Bruce Blake (Cayman Islands); Vernold Coombs (St. Vincent and the Grenadines); Hillaren Frederick (USVI); Randolph Harris (Barbados); Eric Labrador (Puerto Rico); Alain Mijdt (French Guiana); Maurice Victoire (Martinique); Jeaninne Wong Loi Sing (Bonaire) and Wayne Forde (Guyana).

John-Williams recently launched his manifesto and has proposed a new structure to the Caribbean Football Union (CFU), which will include a Board of Directors as policy makers, but implementation coming through its elected president. He also proposes improving the image and reputation of the CFU at the CONCACAF and FIFA levels, following charges brought against the last two CFU presidents, Trinidadian Jack Warner and Cayman Island’s Jeffrey Webb.

“Under my leadership, I am committed to undertaking this task and it will be one of my major objectives, if elected into office,” Williams said in his manifesto.

John-Williams has spent 34 years in the construction industry, but is primarily known for his role as head of the 17-year-old W Connection team. Among his objectives, John-Williams lists providing platforms for the ongoing development of Caribbean football; improving the standard of the game on the pitch and the administration; facility improvement and growing the sport’s fan base.

He also hopes to increase opportunities in the region to play professionally by the implementation of the Caribbean Professional Football League in the shortest possible time. John-Williams also proposes to rotate the Caribbean Cup, the national premier competition for national teams, “so as to ensure that member associations are allowed the opportunity to host this event.”

John-Williams is looking to set up a permanent home for Caribbean Football and secure on a four-year renewable basis, four gold sponsors, ten silver sponsors and 10 bronze sponsors to secure the income needed to support and sustain the CFU operations and programmes.

“The CFU already has a building purchased in Jamaica for this purpose which has been sitting idly for some three years. I plan to review this current situation to complete this project in the shortest possible time. The recruitment of additional qualified and competent staff is also required to be done by the CFU,” he has said.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 19, 2016, 05:25:21 AM »
“We have come out of an era where (Jack) Warner had the resources to buy the intellectual capacity.

Now we have come into a new era and I think that the new TTFA does not have the resources to buy the intellect so it must come from forums where people who have that intellectual capacity can bring forward their ideas and there have also be forums created where people can air their grouse, air their difference of opinion so they don;t have to run outside of the football fraternity and air their grievances.” Shabazz emphasized some more on the promising points arising from the meeting.

Translation? Interpretation?

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 19, 2016, 09:44:59 AM »

Asylumseeker,

I have no idea what Shabazz is trying to say and how it should be interpreted. I read it twice, I saw the interview and still not sure what intellectual capacity Jack Warner purchased and how that reflects on the current people within the TTFA.

I hope someone can truly explain and interpret.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 19, 2016, 10:25:53 AM »
buy the intellectual capacity.

Bribe!! that is the translation!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 19, 2016, 12:26:57 PM »

Asylumseeker,

I have no idea what Shabazz is trying to say and how it should be interpreted. I read it twice, I saw the interview and still not sure what intellectual capacity Jack Warner purchased and how that reflects on the current people within the TTFA.

I hope someone can truly explain and interpret.
but comments on the main point of willingness to external ideas, transparency, improved communication and present operating structure should be more important, appreciated and definitely critized if proven to be untrue...not how Jack ran the business in past, we had Tim Kee et al since...consider the Personal opinion opionion of one individual (a Shabazz or anybody else), but lets consider the parts of that knowledable opinion that show us the stepping stone to get to our goal...depending on what our goals are.. For many getting to WC was a goal. Jack was successful in doing that, regardless, how many deals was made with the devil..we went and we not happy..so let us then determine what are our goals and development of the formulae and ingredients necessary to ensure our successful path( or paths) to such.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 19, 2016, 01:09:10 PM »
DJW should be concentrating on uplifting the game as a whole and not just W Connection product. As much as I like Jabloteh playing in the Barataria Oval as their home field, how does that make our socalled proleague look. Why can't they ask the SanJuan corp. council and the govt to use one of the field(enclose it) in Aranguez, for them and Caledonia. Why can't they sit down with the POS city council and figure out a way to make a small enclosed field in the Savannah for Rangers and DF to play. Will that destroy the savannahs. Why the constant changing of the schedule. With only 10 teams, why the frigging season so dam long and boring? That is only a few. I will think about the rest of issues.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 19, 2016, 02:31:56 PM »
DJW should be concentrating on uplifting the game as a whole and not just W Connection product. As much as I like Jabloteh playing in the Barataria Oval as their home field, how does that make our socalled proleague look. Why can't they ask the SanJuan corp. council and the govt to use one of the field(enclose it) in Aranguez, for them and Caledonia. Why can't they sit down with the POS city council and figure out a way to make a small enclosed field in the Savannah for Rangers and DF to play. Will that destroy the savannahs. Why the constant changing of the schedule. With only 10 teams, why the frigging season so dam long and boring? That is only a few. I will think about the rest of issues.
weather and lighting ?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #261 on: July 19, 2016, 02:58:57 PM »
CFU elections: John-Williams pledges to tear house down and rebuild it brick by brick
By Paul Nicholson (insideworldfootball.com).

Trinidad and Tobago FA president David John-Williams, a challenger for the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) presidency in elections to be held in Miami July 23, has released his manifesto to Insideworldfootball.

Based around a strong argument for the importance of developing professional football and a Caribbean Professional League as the leader of the CFU’s football development, he outlines a vision that would see the CFU undertake a major structural reform of its operations and constitution, and move its headquarters back to Jamaica where it already owns property.

“Football and sports have been my passion from my youth, and I have been extremely fortunate to have had the opportunity to establish a Professional club in 1999. The success of the club has allowed it to represent the Caribbean Football Union at the CONCACAF level with some level of distinction since 2000,” he says.

“Being exposed to that level of competition, seeing how the game is administered, marketed, and played internationally, has afforded me insight into the demands of what is required to enable the Caribbean to successfully compete at the CONCACAF and world level.”

With a focus very much on increasing high level performance, he says his strategic objective is for the Caribbean to be represented at both the FIFA World Cup Finals and the World Youth Cup Finals from 2026 onwards.

To do this he says in his leadership pledge that he will “redefine the CFU’s vision, mission and core values”. The pledge also talks of the signing of an already prepared MOU with European governing body UEFA and the fostering of “a professional approach to football in all Member Associations, through the implementation of a Caribbean Professional Football League.”

The professional league is a constant theme throughout the manifesto.

In support of his overhaul of the governance structure of the CFU he says: “There is the need for a new constitution to be put in place in accordance with CONCACAF and FIFA’s guidelines. This should have been undertaken long before the current Congress. Within the first six (6) months of the new term these issues will be addressed.

“The process of refining the new statues will be undertaken in consultation with all members of the CFU and the relevant FIFA and CONCACAF representatives.”

All of this will be paid for out of an ambitious commercial sponsorship programme that will: “Identify, target, and secure on a four year renewable basis, 4 gold sponsors, ten silver sponsors and ten bronze sponsors to secure the income needed to support and sustain the CFU operations and programmes

“Secure a long term TV deal for the local and foreign rights for all CFU tournaments in particular our Men’s Caribbean Cup. Notwithstanding the capability of the negotiating team, the probability of securing such deals increases significantly if the senior men’s team from member countries ensures that they play as often as possible on FIFA match day windows at the same time improve in the FIFA rankings

“In the negotiation of sponsorship deals (kit deals, etc) we will consider the entire CFU region where possible as one organisation ‘from grassroots to the men senior national team’. Such an approach will ensure the sponsor gets maximum value for money and ensure a better package for Member Countries.”

This commercial task would be undertaken by a newly established media and marketing department that would:

– Assist in establishing and managing the recording of CFU National Teams International games and all CFU tournaments – It is my intention to have a recognised international Sports Marketing company to be responsible for securing top friendly international games for CFU National Teams;

– Assist in the promotion and marketing all football being played in the local leagues of CFU member Countries Enhancement and management of a new, dynamic, updated and informative CFU web site.

– Assisting in establishing, in collaboration with the respective Caribbean Governments, that each member country has a National Football Stadium to support its National Team program.

– To undertake to ensure that the Finals of our Premier competition The CFU Men’s Caribbean Cup is played on a regular basis in different CFU member countries facilitated so as to ensure that member associations are allowed the opportunity to host this event.

John-Williams also identifies priority projects including:

Moving the CFU headquarters and “improved staffing”
Improving the standard of women’s football across the region with the aim of moving towards a women’s professional league
Coach education and human resources development
Beach soccer and Futsal – not least ensuring that there is a legacy from the Beach Soccer World Cup to be hosted in the Bahamas in 2017
Education in the business of football
Improving the reputation of the CFU at CONCACAF and FIFA levels
John-Williams concludes his manifesto saying: “Sport in the region has been able to achieve what Politicians have been unable to do. This is supported by this single statistic:- Carifta (Caribbean Free Trade Association) was founded in 1965 by 3 countries namely Antigua/Barbuda, Barbados and Guyana. It transformed into CARICOM in the 1970’s at which time its membership was increased and presently stands at 13. It is amazing however that at the last Carifta games held in Grenada in 2016 boasted of a participation of 26 countries. The only CFU member countries missing from Carifta 2016 were Montserrat, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and St Martin.

“My dear Colleagues we must not miss this opportunity to implement once and for all a successful Caribbean Professional League. FIFA has publicly indicated their support for the proposed League. Our new CONCACAF President has echoed the same sentiments. We must now embrace this moment to show the World that the Caribbean is not just about “sun, sea and sand”. Our 31 voices must now be heard in unison and used to promote and enhance the game in the region. The security of the future of our young aspiring footballers in the region is the collective responsibility of all of us……”

Contact the writer of this story at moc.llabtoofdlrowedisni@noslohcin.luap

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #262 on: July 21, 2016, 02:39:40 AM »
Busy schedule excites TTFA boss.
T&T Guardian Reports.

David John-Williams, president of the T&T Football Association is anticipating the next few weeks with bated breath as several of this country’s national teams and leading clubs enter into major competitions.

Soca Warriors coach Stephen Hart is likely to name his squad for two back to back 2018 World Cup qualifiers against Guatemala in Port-of -pain on September 2nd, and USA in Jacksonville on September 6th, in mid-August.

T&T Under-20 coach Brian Williams is working feverishly with his staff to prepare the team for the Caribbean Football Union Final Round qualifying phase in October in Curacao, while the national Under-15 Girls team is off to Disney, Orlando, Floria, USA for the CONCACAF Under-15 Championship.

The Under-17 boy’s squad is also gearing for the CFU Final Round of qualification to be played here in T&T in September, while the Caribbean Cup qualifiers semi-final round for the T&T Soca Warriors also takes place in October with the “Warriors” facing Dominican Republic and Martinique.

“It’s an interesting two months for us. Two teams from T&T involved in the Champions League playing at home in August and then right after that we have the big one. Guatemala.

“I had a meeting with coach Hart yesterday and he feels very positive about how things are happening,” John-Williams.

And then we see developments of Kenwyne Jones moving to the US and the possibility of him coming back into T&T. I think it’s exciting, challenging times but exciting.

The TTFA president also commended Scotiabank for partnering with the TTFA for its upcoming Grassroots Programme.

“I’m very thrilled with the Scotiabank sponsorship although it’s for a short period of time. They are supporting a very important part of football worldwide and particularly at the T&TFA with the grassroots programme,” he said.

The T&TFA also held an open forum discussion last Saturday with its stakeholders during which there were different matters discussed resulting in positive feedback that will see the organisation subsequently moving to have further consultations before taking final decisions.

Positive about CFU presidential chances

President John-Williams also addressed the topic of him vying for presidency of Caribbean Football Union (CFU) when he comes up against incumbent, Gordon Derrick, of the Antigua-Barbuda Football Association and Hillaren Frederick, president of the United States Virgin Islands Football Association.

The new president will be elected at the XXXIX CFU Congress taking place at the Pan Am Ballroom of the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, Miami, Florida on Saturday.

“It has been well reported in the public domain that I am running for the CFU presidency. There have been a lot of negative reports but I remain very positive about my running for the CFU President.

“It is something that I have been asked to do, it’s not something that I set out to do. It’s a challenge that I have accepted as a result of people within the Caribbean asking me to put myself for the leadership of the CFU,” John-Williams said.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 23, 2016, 05:19:37 PM »
DJW loose to Derrick 12-18 in CFU elections.Derrick promise Caribbean  pro league and livestreamimg of CFU matches
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 05:26:00 PM by royal »

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 23, 2016, 07:01:47 PM »
This is fantastic news for TTFA. DJW needs to prove he can build a viable FA before running a Union. Hope confused Salazar lose as well

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 23, 2016, 07:49:43 PM »
This is fantastic news for TTFA. DJW needs to prove he can build a viable FA before running a Union. Hope confused Salazar lose as well

She lost.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 23, 2016, 08:25:46 PM »
DJW loose to Derrick 12-18 in CFU elections.Derrick promise Caribbean  pro league and livestreamimg of CFU matches

Pleasantly surprised.  Stunned really.  Infantino, Montagliani and John Williams conspired to achieve what they assumed would be a coronation. I won't call his name, but tireless lobbying behind the scenes by a true patriot to TnT and to local football, is likely what threw this monkey wrench in their plans.  I'm pleasantly surprised that most of the CFU membership was able to look past the naked ambition and snake oil potions being sold, to heed his warnings about AJW DJW.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 23, 2016, 08:33:46 PM »

Pleasantly surprised.  Stunned really.  Infantino, Montagliani and John Williams conspired to achieve what they assumed would be a coronation. I won't call his name, but tireless lobbying behind the scenes by a true patriot to TnT and to local football, is likely what threw this monkey wrench in their plans.  I'm pleasantly surprised that most of the CFU membership was able to look past the naked ambition and snake oil potions being sold, to heed his warnings about AJW DJW.

ah heard some of the delegates didn't like de brash style of Williams. No Trinbagonian or Jamaican on the executive.   

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 23, 2016, 08:53:07 PM »
ah heard some of the delegates didn't like de brash style of Williams. No Trinbagonian or Jamaican on the executive.   

That played a part no doubt, but Derrick owes a huge debt of gratitude to a Trini stalwart.

1]; } ?>