March 28, 2024, 03:57:31 AM

Author Topic: David John Williams Thread.  (Read 121617 times)

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: David John Williams Thread.
« Reply #270 on: July 23, 2016, 09:38:04 PM »
Bakes and Royal

You guys know better, whatever the weapons forged we have to keep these weapons in our arsenal for the future because they will be needed.  A pleasure to see the Caribbean fight off IMG;  Infantino, Montagliani and Gulati. IMG is the new mafia aiming to control our votes and CONCACAF, we must stand together against this imperialism. Hope we have the belly for it.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 23, 2016, 09:40:19 PM »
This is fantastic news for TTFA. DJW needs to prove he can build a viable FA before running a Union. Hope confused Salazar lose as well

She lost.

Great. Let them come home, hire a permanent Technical Director and General Secretary and try to implement those "manifesto" promises. We have 3 years to judge whether is just talk they have.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 23, 2016, 10:08:57 PM »
ah heard some of the delegates didn't like de brash style of Williams. No Trinbagonian or Jamaican on the executive.   

That played a part no doubt, but Derrick owes a huge debt of gratitude to a Trini stalwart.

Who is the Trini stalwart?

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #273 on: July 24, 2016, 01:07:27 AM »
ah heard some of the delegates didn't like de brash style of Williams. No Trinbagonian or Jamaican on the executive.   

That played a part no doubt, but Derrick owes a huge debt of gratitude to a Trini stalwart.

Who is the Trini stalwart?
Mouth open Tory jump out. I say no more.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 24, 2016, 01:27:46 AM »
I will say this, I think CFU will be cueing to separate themselves from concacaf and plead their case in order to get two spots at the WC. Let's see what happens in the up-coming years ahead.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 01:30:17 AM by davyjenny1 »

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 24, 2016, 06:05:20 AM »
I will say this, I think CFU will be cueing to separate themselves from concacaf and plead their case in order to get two spots at the WC. Let's see what happens in the up-coming years ahead.

This is an intriguing concept. Are you saying this will be our retaliation for losing control of CONCACAF? Is it likely FIFA will accept USA, Mexico, Canada and UNCAF as Federation?

Is it practical?

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 24, 2016, 07:43:25 AM »

This is an intriguing concept. Are you saying this will be our retaliation for losing control of CONCACAF? Is it likely FIFA will accept USA, Mexico, Canada and UNCAF as Federation?

Is it practical?
First of all I don't know what will take place but CFU must be willing to breakaway and then go from there.
From a positive onset. At present, Concacaf are guaranteed 3.5 spots. If CFU breakway and look to seek 2 spots then Central and North America could seek 2 spots as well. Having no control of Concacaf may or may not be an issue but there are enough votes in the CFU to go forward and seek these 2 spots.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 08:04:58 AM by davyjenny1 »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 24, 2016, 08:40:10 AM »
Derrick beats John-Williams 18-12 for CFU presidency
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

David John-Williams, the defeated CFU presidential candidate at yesterday’s 39th Congress of CFU at the Sheraton Hotel in Miami, USA, is being advised to fix his house first before attempting to build one in his neighbour’s yard.

The comment comes from local coaches Keith Look Loy and Angus Eve in the wake of John-Williams’ 18-12 loss to incumbent Gordon Derrick in the election race, inspite of the support the TTFA boss had received from FIFA president Gianni Infantino, UEFA and the CONCACAF.

John-Williams’ campaign was built on promises he made to the region that included a Caribbean Professional Football League, change in financial management that would lead to economic opportunities for regional territories and assistance from UEFA on coaching and refereeing among others.

Yesterday, however, both coaches described it as a lesson for the embattled TTFA president to fix local football first by doing what he promised in his manifesto.

According to Look Loy, while Derrick, who has been at the helm of regional football for many years and has done very little, he was still able to get the support of the Caribbean.

“I was not surprised by John-Williams’ defeat at all because he is a new face and it showed that his support from FIFA, UEFA and Concacaf was not enough, but I must say that Derrick’s presidency leaves a lot to be desired and he has a whole lot to do in regional football” Look Loy explained. 

The Sports & Games Santa Rosa FC coach described it as ludicrous that John-Williams would seek election to the CFU, having done nothing to enhance local football.

Eve said John-Williams may have been affected by a number of blunders he made during his short stint in office to date, which includes the attempts to meet players on the national team against the will of the head coach, the alleged decision making actions without approval and consulting the TTFA board of directors, delay in dealing with issues of unpaid salaries to national coaches, failure to address a lack of  subventions to regional associations and his decision to singlehandedly break-up the regional voting block during effort to support current FIFA president Infantino during the February FIFA elections.

Eve pointed out that: “All this and more may have painted a picture to regional territories that they prefer Derrick, despite what he has done, or not done so far, as oppose to John-Williams and what he is promising and the manner in which he wants to do it.”

He added: “I think John-Williams has done a great job with W Connection, but that is his club and he cannot afford to operate within the TTFA as he is doing there. There is a lot to be done to help local football and he cannot do it on his own, but rather he has to consult his members.”   

The former Mucurapo and national stand-out told the Sunday Guardian that he was not sure if the choice of Derrick as president will make a difference in regional football, saying our region is in turmoil as is the entire football world and it seems that it is hard to get someone that you can trust to conduct the affairs of football in all the regions for football to benefit.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 24, 2016, 09:50:53 AM »

I don't think this is a very viable concept.  The CFU isn't strong enough from neither a competitive, nor a political standpoint to stand on its own as a Confederation.  Not that we would need to break away, we have enough votes to control CONCACAF, we just can't seem to avoid shooting ourselves in the foot when it comes to wielding that clout.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 24, 2016, 11:30:28 AM »

I don't think this is a very viable concept.  The CFU isn't strong enough from neither a competitive, nor a political standpoint to stand on its own as a Confederation.  Not that we would need to break away, we have enough votes to control CONCACAF, we just can't seem to avoid shooting ourselves in the foot when it comes to wielding that clout.

This is the critical point, how the hell can a Canadian be leading CONCACAF? It shows how impotent we are.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 25, 2016, 07:42:09 AM »
He knew exactly what he was (and is) doing.

Beyond the shadow of a doubt. He could see down the pike.

In some respects, DJW is a lion amongst several unsophisticated lambs (some of his CFU peers). Even if there are 'suspecting' lambs, they wouldn't know where to turn.

Eight months into the job, DJW knows how to count votes.

Tell allyuh what doh (channelling meh Nakhid) ... Better him than that traitor from the USVI, Hillaren Frederick?!!!  :devil:

Then when one considers the alternative is the Gordon Derrick status quo (whose standing to run appears to be a contradiction), DJW is going to pour cold water all over Anthony Moore, with Joanne Salazar supplying the ice.

:whistling:

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 25, 2016, 11:41:07 AM »
DJW and Salazar with only TTFA posts is the best thing to happen to our football administration in 5 years. Lets hold their feet to the fire..page 1 of his Manifesto can he deliver

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 25, 2016, 11:43:49 AM »

This is the critical point, how the hell can a Canadian be leading CONCACAF? It shows how impotent we are.

Jack poisoned the well, Breds!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #283 on: September 09, 2016, 03:08:07 AM »
John Williams: I’ll resign if allegations are proven.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

David John-Williams, president of the T&T Football Association has promised to resign as president of the T&T Football Association (TTFA) if any of the accusations made against him can be proven by anyone.

The football association boss has been the subject of a major criticisms for his management style, ranging from claims that he used monies belonging to the TTFA to fund his campaign for presidency of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) recently in July, to accusations by former sports commentator Selwyn Melville that the association filed for trademark in the United States and Europe for the ownership of the ‘Soca Warriors’ brand.

The embattled president denied he ever instructed anyone, neither did he make attempts on behalf of the association for ownership of the ‘Soca Warriors’ name and called on those making allegations to provide proof, saying he could not comment further on the matter as it was gaining the attention of the courts.

Melville, who has been in a battle with the football association for ownership of the ‘Soca Warriors’ name, dating back to the Jack Warner era, claimed in a newspaper report that the proceedings started under the Raymond Tim Kee-led TTFA and was continued by the John-Wiliams administration.

He also lashed out at the media for, what he considered as, taking a biased position against him.

John-Williams: “They have reported that TTFA monies were used to fund my campaign for CFU presidency, so I am challenging the reporter to bring evidence of this and I will resign. It is all being lapped up by the public but all will be revealed in the fullness of time.” 

In the whirlwind of accusations since becoming president last November, the TTFA boss was also the subject for allegedly walking into a national team practice session at the Ato Boldon Stadium in May and addressing the players privately, though coach national coach Stephen Hart and members of his staff were there.

Reports stated he asked Hart and other staff members to step aside before he attempted to convinced them to accept an international friendly match against Equatorial Guinea on June 10, which the players had rejected.

Yesterday, John-Williams made it clear it was a blatant lie. “Can you actually see the president of the football association walking into a training session and addressing players without the coach? Can you imagine that?” John Williams asked. As his tone had already signalled the answer.

He pointed out to the T&T Guardian: “They have accused me of being a dictator and making decisions without consultation with the TTFA Board and they have said appointments have been made in the TTFA against the constitution that governs us, so I say to them all, to bring the proof.”

He added: “I have turned down the opportunity to run for TTFA president on four occasions and it is not a paying position, so I can walk away from this in the morning and not be concerned. However, I have given a commitment to assist in the development of local football and I am doing so. For now I am taking the pressure, but history will absolve me and all will see me for who I am truly. I await the evidence, now,” he ended.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 09, 2016, 05:07:50 AM »
oh oh  :-\

I hope this is the author's tone and not DJW.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: September 09, 2016, 05:49:56 AM »
DJW loose to Derrick 12-18 in CFU elections.Derrick promise Caribbean  pro league and livestreamimg of CFU matches

Pleasantly surprised.  Stunned really.  Infantino, Montagliani and John Williams conspired to achieve what they assumed would be a coronation. I won't call his name, but tireless lobbying behind the scenes by a true patriot to TnT and to local football, is likely what threw this monkey wrench in their plans.  I'm pleasantly surprised that most of the CFU membership was able to look past the naked ambition and snake oil potions being sold, to heed his warnings about AJW DJW.

Call names. Ent patriots deserve recognition? :P

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 09, 2016, 09:11:04 AM »
I missing somethin here.... Why Selwyn Melville battling the TTFA for ownership of 'Soca Warriors' name...?   ??? ???

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 09, 2016, 09:47:17 AM »

David John-Williams, president of the T&T Football Association has promised to resign as president of the T&T Football Association (TTFA) if any of the accusations made against him can be proven by anyone.

The football association boss has been the subject of a major criticisms for his management style, ranging from claims that he used monies belonging to the TTFA to fund his campaign for presidency of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) recently in July, to accusations by former sports commentator Selwyn Melville that the association filed for trademark in the United States and Europe for the ownership of the ‘Soca Warriors’ brand.

The embattled president denied he ever instructed anyone, neither did he make attempts on behalf of the association for ownership of the ‘Soca Warriors’ name and called on those making allegations to provide proof, saying he could not comment further on the matter as it was gaining the attention of the courts.

Melville, who has been in a battle with the football association for ownership of the ‘Soca Warriors’ name, dating back to the Jack Warner era, claimed in a newspaper report that the proceedings started under the Raymond Tim Kee-led TTFA and was continued by the John-Wiliams administration.

He also lashed out at the media for, what he considered as, taking a biased position against him.

John-Williams: “They have reported that TTFA monies were used to fund my campaign for CFU presidency, so I am challenging the reporter to bring evidence of this and I will resign. It is all being lapped up by the public but all will be revealed in the fullness of time.” 

In the whirlwind of accusations since becoming president last November, the TTFA boss was also the subject for allegedly walking into a national team practice session at the Ato Boldon Stadium in May and addressing the players privately, though coach national coach Stephen Hart and members of his staff were there.

Reports stated he asked Hart and other staff members to step aside before he attempted to convinced them to accept an international friendly match against Equatorial Guinea on June 10, which the players had rejected.

Yesterday, John-Williams made it clear it was a blatant lie. “Can you actually see the president of the football association walking into a training session and addressing players without the coach? Can you imagine that?” John Williams asked. As his tone had already signalled the answer.

He pointed out to the T&T Guardian: “They have accused me of being a dictator and making decisions without consultation with the TTFA Board and they have said appointments have been made in the TTFA against the constitution that governs us, so I say to them all, to bring the proof.”

He added: “I have turned down the opportunity to run for TTFA president on four occasions and it is not a paying position, so I can walk away from this in the morning and not be concerned. However, I have given a commitment to assist in the development of local football and I am doing so. For now I am taking the pressure, but history will absolve me and all will see me for who I am truly. I await the evidence, now,” he ended.

DJW not that stupid.

People in T&T like to talk without facts.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 09, 2016, 09:49:08 AM »

DJW not that stupid.

People in T&T like to talk without facts.

dais why I don't take on people with baseless allegations. DJW is right on this particular issue.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 09, 2016, 09:53:54 AM »
DJW doing a very good job if you asked me, give credit where credit is due, you dont hear coaches and players crying for money and now we are getting more games too.

Keep up the good work David and to hell with the haters.

Time to plan for the Caribbean Cup, lets hear it, its approaching soon, we need to win this one.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #290 on: September 16, 2016, 03:35:31 AM »
John-Williams: Hart will be judged on the field.
T&T Guardian Reports.

David John-Williams, the T&T Football Association (TTFA) president has moved fast to allay fears that national football coach, Canadian Stephen Hart will be replaced by Stuart Charles Fevrier of  W Connection coach, the club he owned in the T&T Pro League up until he became president of the TTFA.

In an interview yesterday with CNC3, the TTFA boss described it as rumours and made it clear Hart will be judged on the field as all other coaches are.

“This all started before I became president. I headed W Connection Football Club and I had a good relationship with Stuart Charles. He was an ex-national coach and it was put out in the public that if I became president that I would replace Stephen Hart. Well I would be a mad man if I had done that because Hart was doing relatively well in the job at that time and was getting results.”

He noted, “I want to put it to rest that I have a very frank relationship with Hart and I told him that he will be judged by the results on the pitch. Every coach is judged by his results on the field.”  Under Hart, the Soca Warriors have earned a place in the hex after finishing second behind the United States in Group C on 11 points.

The result means the Soca Warriors will begin against Concacaf giants Costa Rica in the final round where no mistakes will be tolerated as John-Williams responded to concerns of players breaking camp ahead of crucial World Cup Qualifiers.

His comments came as news circulated that midfielders Joevin Jones and Kevin Molino, and defender Mekeil Williams broke the team’s curfew before the Guatemala encounter at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on September 2, to attend a boat cruise on August 31.

Hart later told the media that the players received hefty fines for their actions, saying it was dealt with internally, as teams usually deal with matters.

John Williams said his association received the report from the team’s management recently and will go through it in depth before a decision is made. He expressed disappointment by the behaviour of the players before such a crucial match, saying,  “Getting to the hex in the first place was very important for us as an administration and a country and getting to the World Cup will be even more important to us.”

He said regardless of what is the outcome, its what actions are taken against the players, I hope it will be a lesson learnt and we will not have such a repeat going into the hex again.

Meanwhile, John Williams revealed that a big name international coach will be recruited to head the country’s Women’s Football programme soon. He reconfirmed his association’s commitment to women’s football saying they have invested heavily into the local game. 

According to John Williams women’s football has become very popular worldwide, as well as beach soccer and futsal, and therefore they have been in contact with top coaches to take over the programme and get it jump started. “People saw that we were hammered in the under-15 tournament but that is just the start.”

Video -

John Williams journey so far as TTFA president

« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 03:50:36 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
CLASSLESS..TTFA President.
« Reply #291 on: November 14, 2016, 04:42:19 AM »
Would you do this as the President of the TTFA ??

After the match vz Costa Rica... me and Small Magician walking out our seats in the covered stands..
and right there in the middle of hundreds of disappointed fans...is the President of the TTFA..His " Interim Technical Director " and the long standing coach of " HIS" club team ..involved in a very LOUD and ANGRY discussion of the TnT National Coach tactics and substitutions... and ah mean LOUD eh..LOUDDD..for ALL to hear...comments like " HE DOES ALWAYS DO DAT "..." HOW YUH GO PUT ON HE FOR HE "..." WE HOME ".. " HE EH GIVE WE A CHANCE "...

Now dont get me wrong... its not a matter if the points were right or wrong... but cant you do that in your official office or private box ??.. or when the so called Technical committee meets ??.. or even in some fu#king Rum Shop later in the night ??... is it right to do that in front of all the fans walking out ??

Man i had to slightly subdue Small magician when he had a go at them telling them the same " Talk dat in your office man..."

yes maybe they were as disappointed just as us...BUT...show some class man...cant see this happening at Wembley...or in Iceland.. or Albania...sorry...show some class man...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 04:46:57 AM by Big Magician »
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CLASSLESS..TTFA President.
« Reply #292 on: November 14, 2016, 06:19:58 AM »
Saw it. Heard it. Formed conclusions from that ... lehwe say, "episode".

Forgot to answer your question: NO!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 06:24:01 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 14, 2016, 07:32:40 AM »
It seems to me that if T&T don't win/ Draw in Honduras - Crapaud smoke Hart pipe. Same ole same ole- Another day.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 14, 2016, 10:20:52 AM »
It seems to me that if T&T don't win/ Draw in Honduras - Crapaud smoke Hart pipe. Same ole same ole- Another day.

So it would seem. If that is the plan, then my hope is that they replace him with someone of the stature/quality of a Don Leo, because, frankly I don't see them getting better results with anything less.

But here's hoping that this is not the case and they're going to live or die with SH through this cycle.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 14, 2016, 10:38:34 AM »
 we at a stage where everything is Hollywood and acting, behind the scenes could very well be script writers plotting???

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 14, 2016, 10:48:10 AM »
It clearly shows he does not support Hart. I agree Big Mag, classless!

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 14, 2016, 01:15:34 PM »
Absolute scumbag displaying unprofessional behaviour!!

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 14, 2016, 01:20:53 PM »
I was standing right there listening him ranting i jus shake my head and walk away

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 14, 2016, 03:26:56 PM »
Deeks? Andre Samuel? Sando prince?  ;)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>