March 28, 2024, 03:38:26 PM

Author Topic: David John Williams Thread.  (Read 121686 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: CLASSLESS..TTFA President.
« Reply #300 on: November 14, 2016, 06:15:57 PM »
Broughtuosy not present lol  :D

David is a liar, he will preach one thing to the media and fans and bad talk behind people back... Crabs in a barrel, hence the reason Trinidad is the way it is... These idiots cannot support one another..

We lost the game but like I said previously, Costa Rica is ordinary and can be beaten...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 14, 2016, 06:34:49 PM »
Contro, yes CR could be beaten. We should have done that last Friday.
But to say CR is ordinary is a bit farfetched.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 15, 2016, 12:42:16 AM »
so wait all ah allyuh stand up dey and lissen to de man and nobody pull out ah cell phone to record him and put him on blast....
by de way let me remind you'll again allyuh ask for that....
Anyway, what do you expect a complete lack of professionalism ..we say that when he approached the team during training...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 15, 2016, 07:15:14 AM »
Palos, I was not there and it was not recorded. But if that is true, then it shows the man true colors. If that is true, then them guys have to find a way to win for SH, or he is gone. Some people in power could care less what they say in public. Jack in the past and currently Donald. But the coach has to come up with a plan and also motivate this team to pull off a win. Boa Sorte! God Bless.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 15, 2016, 10:47:23 AM »
If it is true??? We have a few witnesses from this forum who were right there and accounted for it. I wonder if he acted like that with Connection was outclassed and outplayed by 2nd string MLS teams?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 15, 2016, 11:20:37 AM »
if is true ??..hahhaha...lord...anyhow... come on boys...vibes it up
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 15, 2016, 02:12:55 PM »
If it is true??? We have a few witnesses from this forum who were right there and accounted for it. I wonder if he acted like that with Connection was outclassed and outplayed by 2nd string MLS teams?

this is what DJW knows about, true story from inside a dressing room of a "pro league" team in a foreign country,

man walks in dressing room with envelopes of US$ , nobody says a word, team go's out on the field and throw the game....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: David John Williams Thread.
« Reply #307 on: November 15, 2016, 07:10:19 PM »
DJW will become the first federation president to run a national federation AND coach a NT. Hearing of such a 'forward-thinking', lucrative move (articulated as a cost-cutting measure), The Donald will express an interest in DJW's ability to brush off fears of conflicts of interest, expressions of cronyism, and concerns of non-adherence to protocol.

He'll say: "Have you met Ivanka? Let me introduce you to Ivanka. I'm working on her Top Secret clearance. Want one?"

He'll say: "David, you're a GREAT guy. We business guys understand each other. Let me introduce you to Vladimir, HE'LL get you to Russia, but you'll have to cut back on that Chinese money (curiously, what Americans call US currency owned by business interests from China) you've been taking."

DJW: "Спасибо, Mr. Trump ... buh how you ... HOW do you know about that?"

DT: "I AM the leader-in-waiting of the Free World, David (Vladimir's people told me. Great people). Thank me by introducing me to your secretary.

DJW: Mr. Trump, I said new 'GENERAL' secretary."

DT: "Aww, that's no fun. I hear 'secretary' and I get all Howard Stern. [Someone get Billy Bush on the secure line].

DT: "David, hire a woman. Hire a woman".

DJW: "So the introduction to Vladimir thing ... Joanne? Joanne!!!! Come nah! Meet Mr. Trump. Perhaps you recognize him.

JS: Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 03:08:49 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #308 on: November 16, 2016, 03:00:54 AM »
Eat ah food type of mentality back home.... like I said corruption is rampant back home and in our sports..

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 16, 2016, 12:43:25 PM »
Apparently jealous of the new leadership of the TTFA, the US went out last week and elect Donald Trump president.  Not to be outdone by the yellow and orange combover, David Jack Warner beats his chest and thrashes about the bush in vain attempt to regain the narrative.

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 16, 2016, 01:10:16 PM »
Shabazz, Isa all of them have the football in a mess in T&T. Look at the Women, Girls team, U17 Boys and the U20 do. All under the TD and nobody questioning anything.

The U20 gone to Curacao and taking players who not registered.

DJW telling people Shabazz not involved and yet he went Panama to organize the camp for the U20

DJW says one thing in meetings and then ask for a private meeting with his crew and bad talk certain staff members trying to fire certain people. I can't call names.

Andre Samuel is now DJW mouthpiece.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 08, 2016, 06:10:26 AM »
In his comments at the press conference yesterday, Mr. John-Williams stated there were 15 to 20 to 25 applicants for the position of head coach of the NT. This lack of specificity was (1) notable and (2) unfortunate. It detracted from transparency and clarity in sharing a basic element of the behind-doors process, and somehow undermined the TTFA' s prior mention of 29 applicants for the job.  Fifteen (15) being half of thirty (30), it's difficult to get the one confused with the other. I am hopeful that the media asked the pertinent questions at their private question time.

Why does any of this matter? Certainly because doubt has been cast as to whether there is sufficient arms-length between the president's budgetary considerations and the Technical Committee's technical-tactical considerations.

As much as I see that Saintfiet is being sold as a junior or cheaper Troussier, it's difficult to assert that the number of applicants for the position is a positive reflection of the regard in which T&T football is held, and still have such a chasm in quality between your asserted candidate of first choice and your selected candidate of second choice.

Anyone left with the conviction that Victor Montagliani, in his capacity as president of the Canadian federation, would have endorsed Saintfiet's appointment for the Canadian NT?

This guy is no Benito Floro, and he is no Stephen Hart. Jamaica wouldn't hire him.

I am hopeful that the private media conversation resulted in a sharing of metrics other than affordability.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 06:12:43 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 08, 2016, 09:26:20 AM »
Former national coaches Alvin Corneal and Everald “Gally” Cummings have rubbished the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) latest head coach selection, calling it “disrespectful” to the entire country and saying the decision just didn’t make sense.
Yesterday, TTFA president David John-Williams announced the hiring of Belgium-born Tom Saintfiet, a coach with a plethora of short-term employment stints with low-level football-playing countries.
His last job was with the 187th-ranked Bangladesh team.
“I am not in agreement with having a foreign coach at this time simply because it is an exercise in futility. Foreign coaches can’t walk in here and pick up national players and get them to gel as a team, especially when you don’t have a lot of time,” Corneal said, adding that a coach whose previous assignment was with Bangladesh, makes the selection even more questionable.
“Why are you burdening us with him and you don’t even know him. know anything about (him),” Corneal said. “It is unfair and a disrespect to our local coaches. That is my biggest problem because I feel it for the young coaches who are aspiring to the national level, you not even recognising them but bringing somebody who has no track record of note.”
Corneal, who said he is still smarting from the disrespect shown to dismissed coach Stephen Hart, said the TTFA is “throwing good money at a bad deal” with this latest appointment.
“If we are realistic we would get one or two good local coaches and get the training going. If it (the World Cup campaign) doesn’t succeed, at least we know we will have players mostly between the ages 23-27 trained properly. They would have trained a few months together, played two CFU matches and eight international matches which could form the foundation of the 2022 campaign.”
He added: “This right now is a no-win situation. I am disappointed because the people who are making these decisions, I am not sure they are qualified to make them. I mean no disrespect to any of them but if you take the responsibility of finding a national coach for our country, my God, you got to know something about it,” Corneal said.
“It is even disrespect to the man that is coming. We must not let the TTFA get away with that or else they will take our football down the drain, it doesn’t make good sense.”
Coach of the famed “Strike Squad,” Everald “Gally” Cummings said: “I don’t know the coach. I never heard about him, I don’t like to bad-talk other coaches because as coaches, we are supposed to respect each other but his track record seems thin.”
Cummings instead questioned the TTFA decision-makers’ judgement.
“My opinion is they don’t know what they doing. I don’t think the TTFA presently have the technical ability or expertise to understand what they are looking for when they are looking for a coach,” Cummings said.
He said T&T needed an experienced coach to hit the ground running, who understands the culture and who can execute a quick turnaround.
“I don’t think this was the right decision and I think if we have to make a decision like that, it is better you spend more money on our young players and develop the young players and coaches. You can’t stop the team from trying to get into the World Cup, because that is everybody’s dream....but a local coach would have been a better choice. I don’t see the track record of this man, I don’t understand it ....I find it to be very disrespectful to T&T coaches, the players and the country because of the fact this is taxpayers’ (sic) money and you can’t be giving it away to every Tom, Dick and Harry. The TTFA technical committee have made their decision and they will have to live with it but if things don’t go right, they should all resign!”
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 08, 2016, 09:59:53 AM »
we love ah 10 days in sweet T&T   

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #314 on: December 08, 2016, 11:58:44 AM »
In his comments at the press conference yesterday, Mr. John-Williams stated there were 15 to 20 to 25 applicants for the position of head coach of the NT. This lack of specificity was (1) notable and (2) unfortunate. It detracted from transparency and clarity in sharing a basic element of the behind-doors process, and somehow undermined the TTFA' s prior mention of 29 applicants for the job.  Fifteen (15) being half of thirty (30), it's difficult to get the one confused with the other. I am hopeful that the media asked the pertinent questions at their private question time.

Why does any of this matter? Certainly because doubt has been cast as to whether there is sufficient arms-length between the president's budgetary considerations and the Technical Committee's technical-tactical considerations.

As much as I see that Saintfiet is being sold as a junior or cheaper Troussier, it's difficult to assert that the number of applicants for the position is a positive reflection of the regard in which T&T football is held, and still have such a chasm in quality between your asserted candidate of first choice and your selected candidate of second choice.

Anyone left with the conviction that Victor Montagliani, in his capacity as president of the Canadian federation, would have endorsed Saintfiet's appointment for the Canadian NT?

This guy is no Benito Floro, and he is no Stephen Hart. Jamaica wouldn't hire him.

I am hopeful that the private media conversation resulted in a sharing of metrics other than affordability.

:beermug:

You're using logic when the people we're dealing with are corrupt and logic doesn't apply...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #315 on: December 08, 2016, 11:59:35 AM »
we love ah 10 days in sweet T&T   

They love corruption above all else..

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #316 on: December 18, 2016, 06:37:04 PM »

Typically we do reviews or polls or hear from "experts" when we have a new government.

Would be interesting if we did the same with the TTFA.

Specifically hearing from the persons/associations/groups who hold voting powers and compare their sentiments to the broader football community who may not know what influence they have or don't have on voting in elections.

How are things going based on their expectations when they voted for the new regime. So if there was a snap election with TK and DJW or some other person (SH) how would these guys vote and what exactly would be their main criteria for choosing.
They hold a lot of power and I don't think they get enough attention and scrutiny because at the end of the day I holding them accountable for whoever they put and if they pop down are you prepared to vote them out or take appropriate action to force a resignation.  Don't think we anywhere near that as yet but if we lose the next two qualifiers and this dude gone, and we get another acting coach people will be cussing again.
Worse yet if that coupled with no GC.

Hopefully we do well in both qualifiers even if it's on dumb luck or the players persevering despite any challenges.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 18, 2016, 07:49:02 PM »

re: lack of specificity of the number of applicants. ent de simple explanation for that is that some of those "applicants" were solicited?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #318 on: December 18, 2016, 07:50:23 PM »

Typically we do reviews or polls or hear from "experts" when we have a new government.

Would be interesting if we did the same with the TTFA.

Specifically hearing from the persons/associations/groups who hold voting powers and compare their sentiments to the broader football community who may not know what influence they have or don't have on voting in elections.

How are things going based on their expectations when they voted for the new regime. So if there was a snap election with TK and DJW or some other person (SH) how would these guys vote and what exactly would be their main criteria for choosing.
They hold a lot of power and I don't think they get enough attention and scrutiny because at the end of the day I holding them accountable for whoever they put and if they pop down are you prepared to vote them out or take appropriate action to force a resignation.  Don't think we anywhere near that as yet but if we lose the next two qualifiers and this dude gone, and we get another acting coach people will be cussing again.
Worse yet if that coupled with no GC.

Hopefully we do well in both qualifiers even if it's on dumb luck or the players persevering despite any challenges.

Excellent points  :beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #319 on: December 18, 2016, 08:00:33 PM »

re: lack of specificity of the number of applicants. ent de simple explanation for that is that some of those "applicants" were solicited?

You mean chosen to carry out a certain agenda...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 18, 2016, 10:03:30 PM »

Shame...but explains certain posts

Ah cyah love dat

I wish you the best and i hope that you get the support in effectively implementing all that you want to achieve in your comprehensive manifesto.

ah love it!!

Sources say that John-Williams, who replaced Raymond Tim Kee as TTFA president on 29 November 2015, was also turned away by Hart when he attempted to stage the match.

“It simply did not make sense,” said one player, “We are involved in three matches against Peru, Uruguay and China on May 23 and 27 and June 3 respectively. The matches are being played in Lima and Montevideo, before we head to China for a match in Qin Huang Dao on June 3.

“It will be a real test for every single player, having to travel from China back home, and we are certain to be very tired after all that travel. We believe that our coach made the right decision in rejecting the match which John-Williams wanted to put on on June 10. That made no sense since we probably would still be leg weary.”

Now if this is true...........DJW should step down.

Plain and simple

andre....yuh find out if it true yet?

And de kicker.....
You guys need to stop hating on the new coach.

There is nothing we can do about it.  Do some independent research on him and see what kind of coach he is.  He is pretty decent and he is very qualified.  I loved Harty, but in all honesty, based on the team's results over the last 12 months, and the apparent discord within the team, he had to go.

In an ideal world, we would have a coach in Hart and a team of players who are fully behind him, but that ship has sailed and we need to stop with this negativity and hate.

DJW is an arrogant dictator, but WE voted him in after crying down Tim Kee......and we had Tim Kee after crying down Jack Warner.

Flex did a pretty decent interview with the man.............just give him a blasted chance and judge him from that!!

« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 10:49:13 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #321 on: December 19, 2016, 01:51:07 AM »

Shame...but explains certain posts

Ah cyah love dat

I wish you the best and i hope that you get the support in effectively implementing all that you want to achieve in your comprehensive manifesto.

ah love it!!

Sources say that John-Williams, who replaced Raymond Tim Kee as TTFA president on 29 November 2015, was also turned away by Hart when he attempted to stage the match.

“It simply did not make sense,” said one player, “We are involved in three matches against Peru, Uruguay and China on May 23 and 27 and June 3 respectively. The matches are being played in Lima and Montevideo, before we head to China for a match in Qin Huang Dao on June 3.

“It will be a real test for every single player, having to travel from China back home, and we are certain to be very tired after all that travel. We believe that our coach made the right decision in rejecting the match which John-Williams wanted to put on on June 10. That made no sense since we probably would still be leg weary.”

Now if this is true...........DJW should step down.

Plain and simple

andre....yuh find out if it true yet?

And de kicker.....
You guys need to stop hating on the new coach.

There is nothing we can do about it.  Do some independent research on him and see what kind of coach he is.  He is pretty decent and he is very qualified.  I loved Harty, but in all honesty, based on the team's results over the last 12 months, and the apparent discord within the team, he had to go.

In an ideal world, we would have a coach in Hart and a team of players who are fully behind him, but that ship has sailed and we need to stop with this negativity and hate.

DJW is an arrogant dictator, but WE voted him in after crying down Tim Kee......and we had Tim Kee after crying down Jack Warner.

Flex did a pretty decent interview with the man.............just give him a blasted chance and judge him from that!!

Two ways to look at it, mr.3000 realizes supporting the dictator was a mistake and he shows that in the post above but supports the team regardless of who's there, even though underhanded events occurred.

Secondly, he is doing that to cover up he's still supporting the dictator by writing he's against him when behind closed doors he's not and is pushing the agenda by supporting the new coach...

It's a tough one to call... or maybe not.... it's either naive stupidity or he sold out...

« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 01:53:10 AM by Controversial »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 19, 2016, 02:40:06 PM »
Allyuh see DJW and the TTFA threatening to sue Liburd and Wired868 for defamation and libel?
Meanwhile members of the TTFA board don't know nothing about any preaction protocol letters.
DJW acting unilaterally?

They have money to pay lawyers, I hope they have money to pay the players and staff
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 19, 2016, 03:35:59 PM »

DJW acting unilaterally?

Shocking  :o
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 19, 2016, 05:00:27 PM »
Ah don't  like how he have de National team in dem narrow leg short tight pants like W Connection...de jersey big and de pants small...wha is da one??

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #325 on: December 19, 2016, 10:40:59 PM »
Allyuh see DJW and the TTFA threatening to sue Liburd and Wired868 for defamation and libel?
Meanwhile members of the TTFA board don't know nothing about any preaction protocol letters.
DJW acting unilaterally?

They have money to pay lawyers, I hope they have money to pay the players and staff

Interesting, I've asked for the allocation amount which would give us a better perspective of how much money they really have but it's still a mystery, enough money to fight a case but no money to pay Hart and players with the strike and let's see now..

Andre is covering up for the fed and doesn't want info to be leaked..

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #326 on: December 22, 2016, 06:56:25 AM »
TTFA and DJW vs Wired868: T&T football president threatens suit over website articles.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president David John-Williams and the local football body itself have sent pre-action protocol letters to Wired868 in relation to three articles published on the website: “DJW hurdles AGM: TV cash vow mutes concern about Hart and TTFA’s secrecy culture”, “DJW vs Clayton Morris: Futsal squad and TTFA poised for unprecedented legal battle” and “TTFA goes Hart-less: John-Williams sacks Soca Warriors coach at Ruby Tuesdays.”

The following are excerpts of the legal correspondence from John-Williams and the TTFA as well as Wired868’s response through our special counsel and barrister, Dr Emir Crowne:

Annand Misir, Attorney at Law, 22 Keate Streete, San Fernando:

I confirm that I represent the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association of the Hasley (sic) Crawford Stadium Port of Spain… My client instructs me that your online newspaper Wired868 has been carrying a series of articles in which you have published allegations relating to the alleged misuse of funds by my client…

The articles published have done severe damage to my clients’ (sic) reputation and credibility and has placed the character and integrity of the Executive of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (hereinafter called the TTFA) under severe scrutiny both nationally and internationally.

My instructions are that there is absolutely no truth whatsoever in respect of these allegations…

I wish to draw to your attention the following statements that were made in [“DJW hurdles AGM: TV cash vow mutes concern about Hart and TTFA’s secrecy culture”]:

“Since the football body’s last AGM, the John-Williams led organisation has used TTFA money for its leader’s unsuccessful Caribbean Football Union (CFU) presidential bid…”

“… mixed the business of his W Connection football club with the operations of the TTFA…”

As published your article (and in particular the issues highlighted above) suggests extreme corruption and misconduct both against my client and indeed particularly against those involved within the administration of the TTFA.

My unequivocal instructions are that the statements as listed above are all fallacious and vexatious and there is no truth whatsoever in the statements as published.

In direct response my client confirms the following:

1. The TTFA confirms that no money held by, or due to, the TTFA was ever used for the purpose of funding the campaign of Mr David John-Williams when he contested the election for the for the post of president of the Caribbean Football Union as alleged and published in your said online newspaper article.

2. The TTFA confirms that there has been no “mixing” of the business affairs of any private entity or otherwise with the operations of the TTFA, and specifically there is no connection whatsoever between the TTFA and the entity known as “W Connections (sic) Football Club” as alleged and published in your online newspaper article.

3. In this regard my client is of the view that you (sic) article was deliberately deceptive and misleading.
4. My client is deeply aggrieved that instead of simply contacting the TTFA to obtain the truth, you simply chose to fabricate and publish that material to supplement your online newspaper article.

[…] My client is of the view that your online newspaper acted maliciously and recklessly and by now by (sic) publishing these statements you have tarnished, defamed, and caused damage to the reputation of the TTFA, locally, regionally and internationally.

Moreover, these words are actionable without the need to prove special damage, in accordance with section 2 of the Libel and Defamation Act of Trinidad and Tobago. Chapter 11:16 (as amended) and section 2 of the Defamation Act 1952 of England and the republication in the article identified above is to the same effect.

[…] In light of the above, I hope that you will agree that your allegations about my client should never have been published. I am instructed to require you take the following steps as a matter of urgency:

1. Publication of a full unconditional and prominent apology for and retraction of the serious and hurtful allegations complained of above. Once we have your agreement in principle, we will supply you with a draft for discussion.

2. Your clear and express undertaking that there will be no repetition of those or any similar defamatory allegations concerning the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association.

3. Disclosure of the names, addresses and other contact details of any person or persons having provided this fraudulent information to your reporter.

4. Compensation by way of damages for damage done to the reputation and standing of the TTFA.

5. Your agreement to pay our legal costs in full (including Counsel’s fees).

Dr Emir Crowne, Crowne Sports Law, Special Counsel to Wired868 Ltd, Barrister, Attorney-at-Law and Trade-mark Agent,

Dear Mr Misir,

On 7 December 2016 I was retained as Special Counsel to Wired868 Ltd with respect to your pre-action protocol letter dated 30 November 2016 (receipt of which was confirmed in earlier email correspondence, and is hereby re-confirmed). Please find our response enclosed.

1. The claim(s) of your client, the Trinidad & Tobago Football Association, as best as they can be ascertained are all rejected and denied.

2. More specifically, my client denies that there is any actionable defamation in the limited excerpts you have highlighted. Namely:

3. You have indicated that the excerpts suggest “extreme corruption and misconduct”. Irrespective of the false intensifier, it is unclear how the a-contextual excerpts suggest same. As to better understand the claim(s) being advanced further elucidation is welcome.
My client also notes that the following articles substantiate the facts asserted, and/or comments made, in the limited excerpts you have highlighted: (a) http://wired868.com/2016/06/28/djw-allegedly-used-ttfa-funds-for-cfu-bid-accused-of-selling-out-caribbean/; (b) http://wired868.com/2016/07/08/we-dont-need-the-ttfa-board-djw-and-salazar-lift-the-lid-in-explosive-i95-5-interview/; and (c) http://wired868.com/2016/11/02/isaiah-wasnt-injured-coach-opens-up-on-u-20-players-controversial-caribbean-cup-exit/. The content of those articles is hereby incorporated by reference and will be relied up on, inter alia, in our defence to any claim(s) advanced. Furthermore, the content of those articles, inter alia, will be expressly relied upon to rebut your intrepid assertion that my client’s statements are “all fallacious and vexatious and there is no truth whatsoever”.

4. Indeed, it is a trite observation that journalistic freedom is essential to any democracy. These esoteric litigious threats undermine the journalistic enterprise and journalistic privilege, on matters of significant public concern no less. To that end, my client advises that the publication on 27 November 2016—when taken as a whole and viewed in the appropriate context—is a fair commentary on matters of public interest and/or an instance of responsible journalism. Any claim to the contrary is classic censorship, and selective censorship at that.

5. We trust that your client will re-consider any litigation, as the claims (as best as they can be deciphered) are thin and can be appropriately and vigorously defended if need be.

Please be governed accordingly.

Sincerely, and without prejudice,

Dr Emir Crowne,

BA, LLB, LLM, LLM, PhD, LEC

Special Counsel to Wired868 Ltd.,

Barrister, Attorney-at-Law and Trade-mark Agent

Dayadai Harripaul, Attorney at Law, 22 Keate Streete, San Fernando:

[…] I confirm that I represent Mr David John-Williams, the president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association of the Hasley (sic) Crawford Stadium Port of Spain.

My client instructs me that your online newspaper Wired868 has been carrying a series of articles in which you have published allegations relating to the alleged misuse of funds by my client among other things.

The articles published have done severe damage to my clients’ (sic) reputation and credibility and has placed the character and integrity of Mr David John Williams, both personally and as the President of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (hereinafter called the TTFA) under severe scrutiny both nationally and internationally.

My instructions are that there is absolutely no truth whatsoever in respect of these allegations…

I wish to draw to your attention the following statements that were made in [“DJW vs Clayton Morris: Futsal squad and TTFA poised for unprecedented legal battle”]:

“Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president David John-Williams has dared National Futsal Team head coach Clayton “JB” Morris to provide proof that he was ever appointed as coach by the local football body and to provide proof that he and his technical staff and player (sic) are owed anything from 11 months of national duty.”

“… John-Williams (sic) request for the instrument of appointment for the Futsal Association for instance could cut both ways…”

My client David John-Williams confirms that he has never personally demanded any documentation as alleged and published in your said online newspaper article.

To make this point very clear the request for the documentation was a standard request for disclosure made on the instructions of the TTFA and not my client either in his personal capacity or as President of the TTFA.

In this regard my client is of the view that you (sic) article was deliberately deceptive and misleading.

My client is deeply aggrieved that instead of simply contact him (either personally or in his capacity as President of the TTFA) to obtain the truth you chose to fabricate material to supplement your online newspaper article…

I wish to draw to your attention the headline statement made in your said article: “TTFA goes Hart-less: John-Williams sacks Soca Warriors coach at Ruby Tuesdays.”

As published (sic) your article you have publicly stated that my client acted personally and alone in an arbitrary abuse of his power as the President of the TTFA, and your statement is clearly levelled against him on a personal level and particularly against him in his capacity as the President of the TTFA…

My client Mr David John-Williams confirms that he did not personally make any decision to “sack” former men’s national team coach Stephen Hart.

Stephen Hart was never “sacked” as stated in your article rather the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association and Stephen Hart agreed to part ways. My client is deeply aggrieved and (sic) instead of trying to obtain the truth you chose to fabricate material to supplement your online newspaper article.

[…] I wish to draw to your attention the following statements that were made in [“DJW hurdles AGM: TV cash vow mutes concern about Hart and TTFA’s secrecy culture”]:

(The rest is a replica of Annand Misir’s pre-action protocol letter issued on behalf of the TTFA)

Dr Emir Crowne, Crowne Sports Law, Special Counsel to Wired868 Ltd, Barrister, Attorney-at-Law and Trade-mark Agent,

Dear Ms Harripaul,

On 8 December 2016 I was retained as Special Counsel to Wired868 Ltd with respect to your pre- action protocol letter dated 28 November 2016 (receipt of which was confirmed in earlier email correspondence, and is hereby re-confirmed). Please find our response enclosed.

The claim(s) of your client, Mr David John Williams, as best as they can be ascertained, are all rejected and denied.

More specifically, you attached the Pre-Action Protocol for Claims for a Specified Sum of Money in Appendix A, yet no sum was specified. To that end, and in the absence of further particulars, I am unable to properly advise my client concerning same.

With respect to the various allegations of defamation, my client denies that there is any actionable defamation in the limited excerpts you have highlighted. Each will be addressed in turn.

24 October 2016. You cite the following excerpts are being defamatory: “Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president David John-Williams has dared National Futsal Team head coach Clayton “JB” Morris to provide proof that he was ever appointed as coach by the local football body and to provide proof that he and his technical staff and player (sic) are owed anything from 11 months of national duty” and “… John-Williams (sic) request for the instrument of appointment for the Futsal Association for instance could cut both ways…”

Your client then emphatically denies personally demanding such documentation, or as President of the TTFA. Yet, the very article in question indicates that it was the TTFA’s attorney, Mr Misir, who made the request. With the greatest of respect, we appear to be splitting hairs at the expense of the truth and journalistic freedom.

24 November 2016. Somewhat surprisingly you only indicate that the headline is defamatory (“TTFA goes Hart-less: John-Williams sacks Soca Warriors coach at Ruby Tuesdays”). No issue is taken with the article’s content.

The headline is consistent with the headlines of other newspapers in Trinidad & Tobago at the time. Namely:
If your client genuinely believed that such headlines were, in fact, defamatory, there ought to be a multiplicity of proceedings against those journalistic outlets too. Otherwise, the claim is a bit suspect.

27 November 2016. You suggest that the following excerpts (limited as they are) are defamatory: “Since the football body’s last AGM, the John-Williams led organisation has used TTFA money for its leader’s unsuccessful Caribbean Football Union (CFU) presidential bid…” and “… mixed the business of his W Connection football club with the operations of the TTFA…”

You have indicated that the excerpts suggest “extreme corruption and misconduct”. Irrespective of the false intensifier, it is unclear how the a-contextual excerpts suggest same. As to better understand the claim(s) being advanced further elucidation is welcome.

My client also notes that the following articles substantiate the facts asserted, and/or comments
made, in the limited excerpts you have highlighted: (a) http://wired868.com/2016/06/28/djw-allegedly-used-ttfa-funds-for-cfu-bid-accused-of-selling-out-caribbean/; (b) http://wired868.com/2016/07/08/we-dont-need-the-ttfa-board-djw-and-salazar-lift-the-lid-in-explosive-i95-5-interview/; and (c) http://wired868.com/2016/11/02/isaiah-wasnt-injured-coach-opens-up-on-u-20-players-controversial-caribbean-cup-exit/.

The content of those articles is hereby incorporated by reference and will be relied up on, inter alia, in our defence to any claim(s) advanced. Furthermore, the content of those articles, inter alia, will be expressly relied upon to rebut your intrepid assertion that my client’s statements are “all fallacious and vexatious and there is no truth whatsoever”.

Indeed, it is a trite observation that journalistic freedom is essential to any democracy. These esoteric litigious threats undermine the journalistic enterprise and journalistic privilege, on matters of significant public concern no less. To that end, my client advises that all of the impugned publications–when viewed in the appropriate context–are fair commentaries on matters of public interest and/or instances of responsible journalism. Any claims to the contrary is classic censorship, and selective censorship at that.

We trust that your client will re-consider any litigation, as the claims (as best as they can be deciphered) are thin and can be appropriately and vigorously defended if need be.

Please be governed accordingly.

Sincerely, and without prejudice,

Dr Emir Crowne,

BA, LLB, LLM, LLM, PhD, LEC

Special Counsel to Wired868 Ltd,

Barrister, Attorney-at-Law and Trade-mark Agent.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #327 on: December 22, 2016, 10:42:20 AM »
If DJW has nothing to hide why not have a one on one interview with Lasana or some other journalist to repudiate the claims in the article?

Petty preaction letters simply mean he has a soft spot that going and be targeted now.
Was fighting the media part of his transparency campaign?

Watch now all the people inside the TTFA who not liking how he doing things going and start leaking EVERYTHING.

How in the 21st century you could go on legal record asking a journalist for his source? Not smart.
What in the next letter....stop putting my letters in the forum  :laugh:

2. Your clear and express undertaking that there will be no repetition of those or any similar defamatory allegations concerning the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association.

3. Disclosure of the names, addresses and other contact details of any person or persons having provided this fraudulent information to your reporter.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 10:50:00 AM by dcs »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 22, 2016, 11:45:48 AM »
If DJW has nothing to hide why not have a one on one interview with Lasana or some other journalist to repudiate the claims in the article?

Petty preaction letters simply mean he has a soft spot that going and be targeted now.

Watch now all the people inside the TTFA who not liking how he doing things going and start leaking EVERYTHING.

How in the 21st century you could go on legal record asking a journalist for his source? Not smart.

tell dem shabazz

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #329 on: December 22, 2016, 12:23:03 PM »

The dictator scrambling for info, he have his boy Andre on here campaigning for him and his puppet..
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 04:15:17 PM by Controversial »

1]; } ?>