March 28, 2024, 10:09:14 AM

Author Topic: David John Williams Thread.  (Read 121651 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: David John Williams Thread.
« Reply #390 on: June 29, 2017, 06:55:10 PM »

Ok so under DJW leadership we have failed to qualify for Copa, failed to qualify for the last round of Caribbean Cup thus failing to qualify for Gold Cup, none of our youth teams have improved, women team have regressed, if we fail (I hope I am wrong) to qualify for WC then I hope to see outrage in the media and by football fans and a demand for him to resign. Let us see what happens.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 29, 2017, 08:14:23 PM »

Ok so under DJW leadership we have failed to qualify for Copa, failed to qualify for the last round of Caribbean Cup thus failing to qualify for Gold Cup, none of our youth teams have improved, women team have regressed, if we fail (I hope I am wrong) to qualify for WC then I hope to see outrage in the media and by football fans and a demand for him to resign. Let us see what happens.

He get the FIFA President to come play in a fete match

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 30, 2017, 06:26:25 PM »

He get the FIFA President to come play in a fete match

De Dictator driving good.... ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 02, 2017, 12:05:36 PM »

^^ well ah just waiting to see if their is going to be any public demand or media outrage. Will not be surprised if its business as usual and everything just remain normal normal.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 02, 2017, 12:22:45 PM »
The"people" have already spoken years ago. They really don't care for football. At least professional football. They don't go to see it. So DJW will have only to deal with SWN and some other as his most die-hard critics. If by fluke we develop a good batch every 15 yrs. they on the wagon. Other that they eh doing nothing concrete. When they want to see football they will. If they don't want to go, they would not. Let DJW enjoy his 4 yrs f--king up the football. At the end of the 4 yrs, we would like to see Contro. and his group challenge DJW. If you platform looks promising, I will throw my support. But if you and your group running on the same train tracks, pass my station straight.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 02, 2017, 04:11:57 PM »
Once again I repeat I want to see what mainstream media will publish and willing to accept.
Once again I repeat under DJW tenure we have failed to qualify for Copa
Once again I repeat under DJW tenure we failed to qualify for the last round of Caribbean Cup (yes imagine that!) thus failing to qualify for Gold Cup.
Once again I repeat under DJW tenure none of our youth teams have improved, women team have regressed.

Now if we also fail to qualify for the WC then yes this has been one of the worse spells by any TTFA President.

Bow if some in here willing to accept this as the new normal then do not set any standards of WC qualification in the future or have the nerve to ask the fans to come out in huge numbers to support
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 04:15:21 PM by Sando prince »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 03, 2017, 05:45:30 AM »
Once again I repeat I want to see what mainstream media will publish and willing to accept.
Once again I repeat under DJW tenure we have failed to qualify for Copa
Once again I repeat under DJW tenure we failed to qualify for the last round of Caribbean Cup (yes imagine that!) thus failing to qualify for Gold Cup.
Once again I repeat under DJW tenure none of our youth teams have improved, women team have regressed.

Now if we also fail to qualify for the WC then yes this has been one of the worse spells by any TTFA President.

Bow if some in here willing to accept this as the new normal then do not set any standards of WC qualification in the future or have the nerve to ask the fans to come out in huge numbers to support

From your comment above, it appears that the following content would be of interest to you.

With four CONCACAF World Cup qualifying games to go, the Soca Warriors are positioned at the bottom of ‘Hex’ with just three points. But [Selby] Browne feels the next two fixtures against Panama and Honduras may decide the administration’s fate as well.

“At the end of the first week of September, a decision must be made about the administration of football in Trinidad and Tobago; it’s very simple in mind,” said [Selby] Browne. “It is about putting Trinidad and Tobago football on the right footing, something that should have been done [before].

“We should not have had the debacle that was Jack Warner; and clearly it looks like we are heading that way again with this sort of modus operandi.”

Excerpted from here.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 05:47:03 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 01, 2017, 10:11:38 PM »

After the recent loss against Honduras, my above position on DJW is now even stronger. I am still waiting to see the uproar from the media and public asking him for his resignation. Football from senior to youth level has gone backwards in a big way since he took office!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 01, 2017, 10:15:18 PM »

After the recent loss against Honduras, my above position on DJW is now even stronger. I am still waiting to see the uproar from the media and public asking him for his resignation. Football from senior to youth level has gone backwards in a big way since he took office!
He should speak at the press conference after the game.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #399 on: September 01, 2017, 11:46:36 PM »
One wonders who will be that special someone to come in  and change T&T football immediately towards success while under heavy scrutiny?That is a 50 million dollar question because the average TT soccer fan wants to win right now. It's like climbing Mount Everest in a Winter Storm.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 11:48:19 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #400 on: September 02, 2017, 12:01:47 AM »
Trinbagonian eh know want they want

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tvZiXcZwNsI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tvZiXcZwNsI</a>
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 01:32:44 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 02, 2017, 12:03:17 AM »
One wonders who will be that special someone to come in  and change T&T football immediately towards success while under heavy scrutiny?That is a 50 million dollar question because the average TT soccer fan wants to win right now. It's like climbing Mount Everest in a Winter Storm.
We were building something then we made changes, now we're going backwards.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 02, 2017, 04:47:47 AM »
RE: ATTENDANCE AT T&T vs HONDURAS

The attendance figures (5,200) and failed logistics merit accountability. The decisions were owned and endorsed by the TTFA president et al. Similarly, the consequences of those decisions should be owned and endorsed frontally.

We are at the high-water mark.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 05:41:06 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 02, 2017, 08:13:00 AM »
Trinbagonian eh know want they want

What ah know FOR SURE iz Trinbagonians doh want the state of our football getting worse every month! We cannot even reach the final round of Caribbean football now! So does that mean we must now get used to consistently not qualifying for Gold Cup? we not winning against Caribbean opposition at home! youth teams getting knocked out at the Caribbean stage and Womens team in a disaster. This is major regression in our football and ah sure Trinbagonians doh want dat

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 02, 2017, 10:51:29 AM »
Trying to find a loophole to oust DJW is similar to finding a way to impeach Trump. Looks like we have to wait it out. How long is DJW term?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: September 02, 2017, 11:06:43 AM »
Trying to find a loophole to oust DJW is similar to finding a way to impeach Trump. Looks like we have to wait it out. How long is DJW term?

You saying the media and public cannot pressure him? Have you heard anyone from the media ask for his resignation? I rather see some outrage and demands than rather just wait for his term to over

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 02, 2017, 11:11:21 AM »
Giant banner for the USA game on the uncovered seats saying DJW OUT

That on top.of the undoubtedly empty stands will send a big international message to John Williams
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 02, 2017, 11:18:46 AM »

You saying the media and public cannot pressure him? Have you heard anyone from the media ask for his resignation? I rather see some outrage and demands than rather just wait for his term to over

As much as I agree that some kind of protest be mounted, I don't think that will be enough to rid DJW. Yuh done see what kind of man he is. He ain't giving up that post, especially when he have a personal stake in football.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 02, 2017, 11:20:19 AM »

As much as I agree that some kind of protest be mounted, I don't think that will be enough to rid DJW. Yuh done see what kind of man he is. He ain't giving up that post, especially when he have a personal stake in football.

When we become serious about our football, we (media, public) will not just think, but do what is necessary to save our football.

In football serious countries, everything will just NOT go on normal normal

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 02, 2017, 11:32:56 AM »

When we become serious about our football, we (media, public) will not just think, but do what is necessary to save our football.

In football serious countries, everything will just NOT go on normal normal

Well we know that ain't happening now Sando. Any man with integrity and dignity will most likely leave under such pressure. DJW is not the type. Don't get me wrong, the only way we know for sure is IF the people try.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #410 on: September 02, 2017, 05:16:59 PM »
Giant banner for the USA game on the uncovered seats saying DJW OUT

That on top.of the undoubtedly empty stands will send a big international message to John Williams

This is not the 70s and the anti Vietnam war protests

Giant banner don't mean shit...

What the hell is that going to achieve?

Trinbago is so fragmented that people won't give a damn, look at this board and the crabs we have on here that won't listen to reason

You need a straight up coup on the ttfa

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 02, 2017, 05:25:05 PM »
Well go ahead and launch your coup. We waiting.

Just FYI you shoulda take action in January... Or you just talking?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #412 on: September 14, 2017, 05:40:10 AM »
John-Williams: Bottom-up approach will repair sport
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

T&T Football Association president David John-Williams is delivering on his administration’s promise to take a bottom- up approach to repair the sport and bring back the crowds to the game.

In an interview with Guardian Media Sports at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Sunday, the local football boss said his association’s Elite Programme initiative, which is being supported financially by the National Lotteries Control Board (NLCB) is the approach needed to return the sport to the glory days. John-Willimas promised that in five to seven years time the country will be reaping the benefits of this initiative.

The elite football programme was designed to create a pool of national players that will be put into full-time training and used to facilitate national teams in the future. John-Williams said the programme began last year, where his association started scouting talent in the T&T Pro League and the Republic Bank Cup and selected an initial pool of players.

“Now we are doing a competition of all the zones, North zone, Eastern Counties, East zone, Tobago, South zone and Central zone, where we have coaches in those zones selecting those elites players and then we put them into their natural environment so that national coaches can have a look at them and then we will select a final national pool after this competition where the team will go into full time training” John Williams explained.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 14, 2017, 12:56:02 PM »
Is this dude for real or just messing with my head,4-7 years so we have to wait out two world cups just to get it right,this dude smoking a bad brand.He who is seated at the head of the table chatting this rubbish,while tax payers pick up the tab,ha ha ha...no more handouts...
As again this is what the firing of Hart has brought us,where we have regressed into oblivion
My beef was and will always be instead of building upon what Tim Kee left, all was dismantled and we the people are left holding the bag and have an annoying clown as a result
An owner of a team should never be allowed to lead the TTFF,it's not what I expected but going forward this should never visit us again

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 14, 2017, 01:34:08 PM »
Is this dude for real or just messing with my head,4-7 years so we have to wait out two world cups just to get it right,this dude smoking a bad brand.He who is seated at the head of the table chatting this rubbish,while tax payers pick up the tab,ha ha ha...no more handouts...
As again this is what the firing of Hart has brought us,where we have regressed into oblivion
My beef was and will always be instead of building upon what Tim Kee left, all was dismantled and we the people are left holding the bag and have an annoying clown as a result
An owner of a team should never be allowed to lead the TTFF,it's not what I expected but going forward this should never visit us again
:beermug:

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 14, 2017, 02:46:52 PM »
Whenever I see this thread pop up, I always click on it with the hope that there will be news about DJW departure from the TTFA.

On a serious note, is there any way that we the people of SWN, can create some momentum to get rid of DJW before more damage is done?

That's right, the owner of a pro league football team should not be in any position in the TTFA.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 14, 2017, 03:59:32 PM »
De man delivering on he promise

He certainly take us to de bottom.  So it stand to reason that the only way from there is up.

I think he still delivering.  We have more bottom to reach wit he in charge

Think bout it.  We definitely out de Hex.  Knowing T&T football and football supporters, NOBODY going to pay any attention to what TTFA do or don't do until the next round of world cup qualifiers come around.

If DJW had carte blanche to do whatever he wanted before.....it wusserer now.  And he done prove it already by appointing Saintfiet as head coach AND dissing him publicly at his introductory press conference.  And EVERYBODY take it jes so.....INCLUDING SAINTFIET!

T&T football ass wuss dan grass now wit dis man in charge.  He sole interest is to make $$$ for he.  He doh give a f**k about de game. 

Enjoy it........because jes like de people dat did vote fuh Trump.....yuh deserve wha yuh get

« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 04:04:50 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 14, 2017, 04:29:34 PM »
Palos
 I have a strange feeling the word.. Bottom is about to be redefined by the honorable and  distinguished gentleman... I am so annoyed that I am forced to use pleasant adjectives....ha ha ha

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 14, 2017, 10:38:04 PM »
John-Willimas promised that in five to seven years time the country will be reaping the benefits of this initiative.

Under his watch it will take that amount of time. At least he is being honest. How long it took under JW admin. about 25 yrs? But seriously, I have lost all hope.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 15, 2017, 02:59:50 AM »
Bottom.
. I said yesterday that bottom would be redefined under the current administration...look at this today...and already it has begun
From a high of 19 during the 2006 campaign.. To a new low of 99...a drop of 80 spots....that hard to swallow
Please go away  your lack of leadership is very evident Mr Right and honorable and distinguished.......Palos  Deeks Asylum Seeker Controversial Pull Stones Flex can do much better but not worse...The whole Warrior Nation can do better
Well just as well administer final rights to a dying sport under this current leadership

1]; } ?>