March 28, 2024, 04:21:04 AM

Author Topic: David John Williams Thread.  (Read 121621 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: David John Williams Thread.
« Reply #510 on: October 12, 2018, 04:25:10 PM »
 >:( :cursing: ??? :frustrated: :banginghead:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Partap to support Look Loy’s High Court application
« Reply #511 on: October 13, 2018, 10:01:41 AM »
Partap to support Look Loy’s High Court application
By Andrew Gioannetti (T&T Newsday)

CENTRAL Football Association (CFA) representative Collin Partap said he intends to support fellow TT Football Association (TTFA) board member Keith Look Loy’s application to the High Court, by means of a sworn affidavit, in order for them and other board members to gain access to the association’s financial records and contracts relating to the controversial TTFA Home of Football project in Couva.

Partap, who is also a former MP for Cumuto/Manzanilla and a practising attorney, said TTFA’s president David John-Williams and vice-president Ewing Davis’ failure to release the copies of contracts by the end of a board meeting, on Tuesday, was the deciding factor.

Look Loy recently filed an application in the High Court to compel John-Williams to release documents related to the Home of Football project, as well as other TTFA financial matters. John-Williams, since last December, has been asked and repeatedly failed to share information on the FIFA-funded project. Look Loy said he has made every attempt to gain access to the documents outside of the courts to save the association unnecessary legal costs, which continue to compound on the cash-strapped organisation.

Newsday reported Thursday that after the penultimate request by Look Loy, he received, through his attorney, a copy of a non-disclosure agreement, which he was asked to sign in order to access the documents – something he refused to do.

At a board meeting, on Tuesday, Look Loy moved a motion, seconded by Joseph Taylor of the TT Football Referees Association, for a vote on the release of the documents.

However, according to both parties, Davis, who stood in for John-Williams, chose not to take a vote, saying he needed legal advice to proceed.

“Of course, they said no (to a vote), they need legal advice,” said Partap. “And as I’m sitting there, I’m thinking to myself, ‘You know, this is such a colossal waste of time and of money,’ which leads me to believe there is no contract on the Home of Football.

“And if there’s no contract, it goes a little bit further than just the TTFA. That money comes from FIFA. And FIFA representatives have constantly been in Trinidad to look at the Home of Football. And the minister (of sport) also has to be made aware. If there are no contracts and she went to visit the project out there, she would have been used.”

Partap said since he joined the board in March, John-Williams promised him and the other members a copy of the contract.

He said during a board meeting on April 3, general secretary Justin Latapy-George was directed to give out all copies of the contracts relating to the Home of Football to the board members.

“And to date, we have not been able to even see a paper-clip,” Partap said.

In response to the issue of the non-disclosure agreement, Partap said, “You ask someone to sign a non-disclosure agreement when you have something to hide. I think he knows we’re not going to sign a non-disclosure agreement because Keith, whatever he sees there, he must report it back to his constituents, which is the Super League.

“And if I see anything there, I have a duty to report it back to the Central Football Association.

“I cannot tell my association, who voted me in to sit on the board, that I can’t give them information about it. So serving a non-disclosure agreement is really one of the dumbest things I’ve even heard, one of the dumbest legal tools, that they’re using now to hide everything.”

He added that Look Loy said at the board meeting, “If you bring the contract to me right now, I will instruct my lawyers to withdraw the matter (in the High Court).”

CFA president: If I were president, I would resign

Partap said the decline in national team football programmes was indicative of the state of football administration in TT.

“As a sitting board member, I think the situation is deplorable. Trinidad and Tobago is nowhere close to being the powerhouse in football it should be and it falls squarely on the shoulders of the administration.

“The president himself should be ashamed. In fact, if I were the president, I would resign. Our women’s national team came within one goal of qualifying for the World Cup… They were thrashed, thrashed in the Concacaf qualifiers. These are our women, they were begging for funding two or three weeks before the tournament started. So that tells you where we are at in football.”

He said there was a culture within the TTFA of those who got where they are simply to reap the benefits.

“You have to be getting something out of the organisation and that’s all you care about. You don’t care about boys playing primary schools football and which ones will be the next national players for Trinidad and Tobago; which ones will be the next Dwight Yorke, the next Russell Latapy; which ones will be playing for Liverpool or Arsenal or Spurs. But we (the TTFA) don’t think like that any more in this country. That’s why we’re lagging behind everybody.”

He said he cannot see anything changing until the administration is voted out. “You can’t run an organisation like that if you want to compete in the world of football.”
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 11:41:44 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline presspass

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 13, 2018, 11:20:39 AM »
Partap is a representative, not president, and the motion was seconded by Joseph Taylor of the TT Football Referees Association, not by Partap. The errors are regretted.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 13, 2018, 11:42:41 AM »
Partap is a representative, not president, and the motion was seconded by Joseph Taylor of the TT Football Referees Association, not by Partap. The errors are regretted.

Thanks. The errors have been corrected.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 16, 2018, 01:48:09 PM »
WATCH: TTFA President David John-Williams answers his critics. Or does he?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/44YH6JSmYSw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/44YH6JSmYSw</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 16, 2018, 03:30:11 PM »
Ent the TTFA's advertised "skillful negotiation" is also a product of "singular" rather than "plural" activity?

The issue for DJW isn't about singularity or plurality; it's about ANY opposition to his management of the agenda.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 03:36:31 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #516 on: October 23, 2018, 03:24:37 AM »
DJW tells Latapy-George to find a new job; Cunningham replaced on TTFA board.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

The future of Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) general secretary Justin Latapy-George could be the latest touch paper within the fractious football body, as board member Keith Look Loy vowed to resist president David John-Williams’ attempt to replace the general secretary next month.

Latapy-George’s term with the TTFA expires on 30 November 2018—a fact that was unknown even to board members, since John-Williams has refused to share several employment contracts with his board.

Earlier this month, John-Williams told Latapy-George that he should start looking for a new job.

“Dear Justin, reference is made to our meeting of yesterday afternoon and my commitment to respond to you by the end of the day,” stated the TTFA president, in a written correspondence. “Feel free to pursue your options beyond the end of your contract [on] 30 November 2018. Let us discuss how we will handle the transition period.”

The potential parting of ways between the pair closely follows Latapy-George’s publicised issues with his boss’ leadership, which reached its nadir on 22 September 2018 when the general secretary admitted to keeping the board in the dark about the resignation of vice-president Joanne Salazar.

Latapy-George insisted that he acted on written instructions from John-Williams and leaked emails appeared to confirm as much. The ramifications of Salazar’s controversial departure—and the possibility that the president fraudulently counted a vote from his departed vice-president in his first attempt to appoint Shawn Cooper as Women’s National Senior Team coach—will almost certainly be raised at the TTFA AGM on 24 November.

If John-Williams has his way, it will be Latapy-George’s last AGM as general secretary. Look Loy insisted that he will resist any such move and he encouraged board members to do likewise.

“The constitution says John-Williams cannot dismiss anybody, he can only recommend,” Look Loy told Wired868. “Despite, as I put it before, Latapy’s sins of omission, commission and submission, what he has been doing is following orders by John-Williams; and now he has seen the light and that the members of the public and the the board would not accept that.

“Latapy is not the culprit there… I want to see Latapy’s contract extended by a year, so that he finishes this term—if John-Williams lasts that long.

“Now that [Latapy-George] sees the board is his master and not John-Williams, hopefully he will give his loyalty to the TTFA members and not John-Williams going forward.

“John-Williams cannot fire him.”

Latapy-George declined comment but suggested that he too believes his fate lies in the board’s hands.

“[My job] is a matter to be discussed by the board, so I won’t want to comment on that,” he said. “It is up to the president to make his recommendation as to continue or not continue; and it is up to the board to either accept or reject it.

“I would prefer not to comment beyond what the constitution says.”

Article 36 (f) of the TTFA constitution states that the board of directors “shall appoint or dismiss the general secretary on the proposal of the president.”

The word “shall”—as opposed to “may”—arguably leaves little wiggle room for the board and it is unclear how the president could be compelled to re-hire an employee. But Look Loy is adamant that he will put that article to the test.

John-Williams’ own control of the TTFA board might have taken another blow this week, as his ally and press officer Wayne Cunningham was removed from the board with immediate effect by the new administration of the Eastern Football Association of Trinidad and Tobago (EFATT).

At the last AGM, the TTFA’s membership declared that Cunningham could be a board member or press officer; but not both. However, Cunningham refused to give up either position—he claimed he was a paid consultant and not an employee—and the board, guided by John-Williams, voted to ignore the concern of its members and keep him in place.

Cunningham failed to survive until the AGM anyway, as the removal of EFATT president Linus Sanchez on 6 September 2018 led to a change of direction by the zone. On Tuesday, EFATT general secretary Royette James informed Latapy-George that the zone now wanted to be represented on the board by its interim president Bandele Kamau.

Kamau will now become a provisional board member until his position is ratified by the membership at the upcoming AGM.

Cunningham’s exit, the resignation of two vice-presidents, Allan Warner and Salazar, the suspension of Eastern Counties Football Union (ECFU) president Sherwyn Dyer for non-compliance, and the replacement of representatives for the Central Football Association (CFA) and Women’s League Football (WoLF), Samuel Saunders and Sharon O’Brien respectively, saw John-Williams’ unstinting electoral strength at board level drop significantly from a stranglehold of 10 from 13 members to its current low of four from 11.

The current board comprises of John-Williams (president), Ewing Davis (vice-president), Richard Quan Chan (Southern FA), Anthony Moore (Tobago FA), Karanjabari Williams (Northern FA), Joseph Taylor (Trinidad and Tobago Football Referees Association), Sharon Warrick (WoLF), Julia Baptiste (TT Pro League), Collin Partap (CFA), Look Loy (Trinidad and Tobago Super League) and Kamau (EFATT).

Davis, Quan Chan and Moore have resolutely supported John-Williams throughout virtually every crisis, while the other seven members have defied the president with increasing regularity.

However, John-Williams has engineered a majority by refusing to acknowledge the voting rights of a third of his board, as he claimed—without offering evidence from the constitution—that provisional members are not allowed to vote.

The president’s controversial interpretation, which was contradicted by one of the framers of the constitution, Osmond Downer, means that WoLF, CFA, Pro League and, now, EFATT, are all denied the chance to vote at board meetings.

Partap, an attorney, has offered to get senior legal advice on the marginalisation of provisional members and the board promised to listen. However, once John-Williams has the support of the majority of persons allowed to vote, the president could potentially use his voting bloc to dismiss any contrary opinion.

John-Williams has not set a date for the next board meeting yet.

At present, the TTFA has no functioning standing committees, although John-Williams is in his third year of office.

On Saturday 23 December 2017, the football president named members for the TTFA’s judicial committees, who were as follows:

Disciplinary: Newton George (chair), Auldrin Neptune (vice-chair), Sushilla Jadoonanan, John Jeffrey and Norris Ferguson (members).

Ethics: Cedric Neptune (chair), Cheryl Wallace (vice-chair), Dr Beverly Beckles (member).

Appeals: Michael Quamina (chair), Sandra Elcock-Stanisclaus (vice-chair).

Audit and Compliance: Rodney Smart (chair), Ann-Marie Abbott (vice-chair), Kit Kennedy (member).

“The standing committees were all ratified at the AGM of 23 December,” said Latapy-George. “However, they have not met in any form. They are active but not functional.

“[…] I can’t say why they have not met.”

Among other things, the non-functioning status of the judicial bodies means there is no disciplinary committee to which Women’s National Senior Team star Kennya “Yaya” Cordner can be referred to, after she refused to represent her country in a Concacaf fixture against the United States, earlier this month.

Although John-Williams admitted that the TTFA is essentially bankrupt and unable to pay its coaches or prepare its teams, he has never formally appointed a finance or marketing standing committee and appeared to have handled those functions himself.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #517 on: October 28, 2018, 12:58:24 AM »
“You have no evidence!” John-Williams faces withering cross-examination in High Court.

Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president David John-Williams was the last person to enter the courtroom on the second floor of the Port of Spain’s Hall of Justice at roughly 10am on Tuesday 16 October 2018.

John-Williams was there for cross-examination, as the TTFA attempted to defend itself against a claim for the non-payment of stipends and match fees made by 22 National Futsal Team players and five technical staff members.

The football president sat, slouched, in the chair closest to the exit. He was dressed in a blue jeans, white shirt and a construction boots—an outfit more in keeping with his Home of Football construction site in Couva than the High Court.

Earlier in his tenure, John-Williams would have general secretary, Justin Latapy-George, and vice-president Joanne Salazar for company on such excursions.

However, Salazar quit her post as vice-president last month—a seismic occurrence that John-Williams controversially kept from his board for two weeks before she made it public herself. And Latapy-George, who revealed the deception to Wired868, was recently told by the president to look for another job when his contract expires next month.

So John-Williams was alone in court. A few feet away, Futsal Team head coach Clayton Morris, team manager Ronald Brereton, trainer Brent Elder and captain Jerwyn Balthazar sat together.

The TTFA president often makes a habit of avoiding questions from this website, so Wired868 took the opportunity to get him warmed him up for his stint on the witness stand.

“So tell me David, if—according to you, not the constitution eh—the TTFA board has eight members who can vote, can you explain how exactly you got nine votes [to appoint Women’s National Senior Team coach Shawn Cooper]?” asked Wired868.

“You know we got nine votes?” John-Williams responded.

“Well, that is what your press release and the TTFA website said; your press officer and general secretary said you wrote that release yourself,” said the Wired868 reporter, with a quizzical look.

“All I know is I have the emails and messages to back it up,” John-Williams replied, with a smirk.

“To back what up?” asked an increasingly confused Wired868 reporter.

“You write what you want to write,” said John-Williams, as he crossed his arms and beamed. “I know I have my documents as proof.”

It was a typical exchange with the football president. He neither confirmed nor denied anything; nor did show the supporting evidence he claimed to possess.

And, more to the point, John-Williams appeared to instinctively know he was right, no matter what anyone else said.

His apparent refusal to accept any opinion other than his own has, more often than not, led the TTFA to the courts. In John-Williams’ first year in office, the local football spent TT$1.2 million on legal fees—an astronomical rise from the $82,270 spent in the courtroom by his predecessor, Raymond Tim Kee, in his last annual statement.

And, if anything, the TTFA’s legal briefs have climbed even higher since.

In each case, the TTFA was defendant. And, after three years, John-Williams is yet to announce his first legal win.

Their defeats so far include cases brought by former refereeing head, Ramesh Ramdhan and ex-general secretary Sheldon Phillip while television rights company, Telemundo, also enjoyed joy in its early skirmishes with the football body.

Past and present technical directors Kendall Walkes and Anton Corneal, former men’s and women’s senior team coaches, Stephen Hart and Carolina Morace respectively, and current National Under-20 coach Russell Latapy have legal matters in the works too—along with numerous less illustrious service providers.

On Tuesday, it was the turn of National Futsal Team players Bevon Bass, Ricardo Bennett, Dwayne Calliste, Kevaughn Connell, Jamal Creighton, Ishmael Daniel, Cyrano Glen, Kevin Graham, Keston Guy, Colin Joseph, Kerry Joseph, Curtis Julien, Jamal Lewis, Jameel Neptune, Kareem Perry, Adrian Pirthysingh, Akeem Roach, Anthony Small, Conrad Smith, Ronald St Louis and Balthazar; and technical staff members Perry Martin, Sterlin O’Brian, Brereton, Elder and Morris.

Annand Misir and Jenelle Ganess represented the TTFA while the Futsal squad were represented by advocate attorney Keston McQuilkin and filing attorney Melissa Roberts-John.

Morris, the former Strike Squad captain and local football hero, alleged that, in early 2015, he agreed financial terms with Tim Kee for his technical staff and laid the framework for the selection of his playing squad.

Balthazar confirmed that in April 2016, on the basis of a supposed oral agreement between John-Williams, Morris and Brereton, the players were offered e a US$40 per diem and US$200 match fee for national service. The technical staff members were due a similar per diem.

John-Williams never paid though while, for the 2016 Concacaf tournament, the Trinidad and Tobago National Futsal Team received a per diem of US$10 (players) and US$20 (staff).

Aghast at the paltry sum, at least one player refused to touch the money at the tournament in Costa Rica.

Forced to turn to the High Court, the Futsal players’ claim was adjusted to include a training compensation sum of TT$50 per session.

It added up to TT$273,000 in unpaid stipends and US$896 (TT$6,040) in unpaid per diem to staff; and US$22,000 (TT$148,000) in unpaid match fees, US$6,130 (TT$41,320) in unpaid per diem and TT$27,450 in unpaid training compensation for players.

There was also the matter of the reimbursement of US$221 to Brereton and TT$5,822 to Morris, which were spent on team expenses.

It meant a total of just over TT$500,000 for a team that was active between March 2015 and April 2016. During that time, they won bronze medal at CFU level in Cuba but were also temporarily ejected from their rooms at a Costa Rica hotel due to non-payment by the local football body.

John-Williams’ defence was that, he alleged, the appointment of the National Futsal Team’s technical staff did not follow guidelines established by the constitution. He also denied any oral agreement with Morris and Brereton.

Further, John-Williams essentially claimed that everything related to the National Futsal Team—including Tim Kee’s creation of the interim futsal steering committee—was unconstitutional and had nothing to do with his administration, which took office nine months after the team was activated.

And, as such, he suggested that the football body did not owe anyone a cent.

“The proper procedure for the appointment and/or selection of players as outlined in articles 36 and 55 of the TTFA’s constitution was not followed and at no material time did the TTFA and/or its board of directors, elected and appointed on 29 November 2015, select players and/or technical staff,” stated John-Williams, in his witness statement. “Any committees established without the board of directors is contrary to the TTFA’s constitution and consequently any such appointments are null and void.

“The TTFA has never agreed to any per diem rates or match fees as alleged or at all […] and as a consequence, it does not owe any stipends as alleged or at all. Any payments made were ex gratia and without prejudice, in full and final settlement of any outstanding matters.”

Article 36(j): The Board of Directors: shall appoint the coaches for the representative teams and other technical staff.

Article 55: The Board of Directors may, if necessary, create ad-hoc committees for special duties and a limited period of time. The Board of Directors shall appoint a chairman, a deputy chairman and an appropriate number of members. The duties and functions are defined in special regulations drawn up by the Board of Directors. An ad-hoc committee shall report directly to the Board of Directors.

One potential snag for John-Williams, though, was that the constitution used for the TTFA’s defence only came into effect on 12 July 2015, as evidence by article 83 of the same document.

This was more than two years after Tim Kee appointed a Futsal interim steering committee; and five months after the National Futsal Team began preparations.

Article 83: This Constitution was adopted at the General Meeting in Port of Spain, Trinidad on 12 July 2015 and will come into force immediately upon ratification. It supersedes any previous constitution of the TTFA.

McQuilkin, tall, slim and dark, welcomed John-Williams to the witness box to discuss the TTFA’s stance in relation to his clients. He looked to be in his early 40s at the worst and spoke in short bursts, always demanding frequent but limited participation from his witness.

It was like a cat toying with a mouse. Not that John-Williams had any intention of being anyone’s chew-toy, as he remained resolute behind his own narrative.

McQuilkin: Good morning, Mr John-Williams.

John-Williams: Good morning.

McQuilkin: The evidence we have in your statement, you’d agree with me, says that the selection of the Futsal interim steering committee, the selection of the technical staff and the selection or the appointment of the players to the National Futsal Team was inconsistent with the constitution.

John-Williams: Yes.

McQuilkin: And in particular you point to articles 36 and 55 of the constitution, with which I assume you are familiar?

John-Williams: Correct.

(Throughout his cross-examination, McQuilkin seemed to spend more time looking in the direction of the judge, Madame Justice Margaret Mohammed, or anywhere but at his witness. It felt like a slight).

McQuilkin: And you’re familiar, I assume, with article 83 of that constitution. And you would agree with me that article 83 effectively says that that constitution, which you have attached, has come in effect on the 12th of July 2015.

(The attorney paused. The silence might have only lasted for 30 seconds; but it seemed an eternity).

McQuilkin: You must accept, based on our evidence presented yesterday, that the appointment of the steering committee, the selection and hiring of the technical staff, the selection of the players to the National Futsal Team and the agreement to pay the technical staff and those players took place prior to the 12th of July 2015. You accept that?

John-Williams: No. I will not accept that. Because, ahmmm, you…

(There was brief crosstalk as John-Williams insisted on explaining himself while McQuiklin was equally adamant that he not be allowed to do so).

McQuilkin: No, you may not explain, because I am asking you a specific question. Isn’t it accurate, sir—from the evidence that we’ve presented—that the appointment of the technical staff, by your predecessor Mr Raymond Tim Kee, took place prior to the 12th of July 2015?

John-Williams: Under Raymond Tim Kee, yes.

McQuilkin: As well, as the selection of the interim steering committee by your predecessor Raymond Tim Kee, took place prior to the 12th of July 2015?

John-Williams: By the evidence you have presented, yes.

McQuilkin: As well as the screening process and the selection of those players to the National Futsal Team under your predecessor Mr Raymond Tim Kee; [that] took place prior to the 12th of July 2015. Not so?

John-Williams: That is correct. According to the evidence.

McQuilkin: As well as the agreement to pay those players took place before July 2015?

John-Williams: According to your evidence. I am not 100 percent sure that that is correct…

McQuilkin: We will get to that… Now as well, the agreement to pay the technical staff under your predecessor Mr Raymond Tim Kee took place prior to the 12th of July 2015. Not so?

John-Williams: According to your evidence presented.

McQuilkin: It is not accurate?

John-Williams: According to the evidence you presented, yes.

(John-Williams looked pleased with himself. As though his qualified ‘yes’ was a victory of sorts).

McQuilkin: Good. That is the evidence that you challenge. And you challenge it on the basis of a constitution that came into effect on the 12th of July 2015. Not so?

John-Williams: That is correct.

McQuilkin: Good. So would you accept from me that the natural corollary—since you have already accepted the dates based on our evidence—the natural corollary is that all of those decisions that I just took you through, are not governed by that constitution?

John-Williams: Yes. But the previous constitution was…

McQuilkin (interrupts): Wait, hold on…

John-Williams (continues anyway): … it was similar.

McQuilkin: No, no, no sir. No, no, no. You don’t get that opportunity. Not at all. Don’t say anything now about anything [being] similar; you have no evidence. You accept that you have no evidence; you have not pointed to any previous iteration of the constitution that outlaws those agreements. You accept that from me?

John-Williams: No!

(McQuilkin straightened up and stared into the distance. He looked like someone being forced to wait longer than expected for their order).

McQuilkin: Can you point us to a particular paragraph in your witness statement that you have provided as evidence to this court, which points out a previous iteration…

John-Williams: No, I can’t. No I can’t.

McQuilkin: So you accept from me it is not there?

John-Williams (lowers his voice): No, it is not there.

(McQuilkin served the court another pregnant pause).

McQuilkin: You accept from me as well that your evidence does not  point to any rule or procedure prior to the 12th of July 2015, that says Mr Raymond Tim Kee could not have entered into an agreement for the technical staff of the National Futsal Team?

John-Williams: According to my evidence, no.

McQuilkin: You accept as well that you have not pointed to any rule or procedure that says that Mr Raymond Tim Kee, prior to the 12th of July, could not have appointed on behalf of the TTFA, an interim steering committee for the selection of the National Futsal Team?

John-Williams: That’s correct. I will accept that.

McQuilkin: You must accept that your [statement] is also bereft of any evidence that says Mr Raymond Tim Kee could not have agreed to the salaries or stipends payable to the technical staff?

John-Williams: I did not bring that evidence. No.

McQuilkin: […] And you must accept as well that you have provided no evidence or any rule or procedure breached by Tim Kee, acting on behalf of the TTFA, for the process for the selection of the players for the national futsal team.

John-Williams: My evidence does not say that.

(Another pause).

McQuilkin: […] Do you also agree with me that you presented no evidence that denies there was an agreement between the TTFA and these claimants for the appointment of a technical staff of the national futsal team? […] Or [evidence] that denies that there was an agreement between the TTFA and the players and technical staff to pay a stipend to them.

John-Williams: No, I have not presented any evidence.

McQuilkin: You also have not presented any evidence that denies there was an agreement between the TTFA and these claimants to pay them a per diem of US$40 per day and a match fee of US$200 per day.

John-Williams: My evidence does not say that.

McQuilkin (pauses): Isn’t it accurate Mr John-Williams, that your national football coaches—national men’s team, women’s team, under-20—those coaches are paid?

John-Williams: It depends…

McQuilkin: I’m not talking about whether or not you all actually pay them eh…

John-Williams: I have to be very clear, because there are many instances from my own knowledge where coaches are seconded and sometimes not paid. So to make a general statement…

McQuilkin: Okay, is the national coach of the men’s football team paid?

McQuilkin: Is the national coach of your women’s football team paid?

McQuilkin: I know there was some issue as to whether or not he was paid but isn’t the coach of your national under-20 men’s team paid?

McQuilkin: In fact, he is probably owed some salaries still…

Misir: That is not relevant to this case.

McQuilkin: Yes, it is.

(There was a brief verbal exchange before Justice Mohammed asked the two attorneys to address her and not each other).

Misir: Your honour, that statement is prejudicial to the witness and has no relevance or bearing on this matter and these claimants.

McQuilkin: My lady it does. This is a case about national coaches who’ve not been paid. It provides evidence of past conduct, consistent with what we’ve just said. I’m not asking your ladyship to determine at all whether the under-20 coach has been paid; that is not what I’m asking you to do.

Justice Mohammed: Alright. I will allow the question. Repeat the question.

McQuilkin: There is evidence in the public domain that the coach of the National Under-20 Team is owed money?

John-Williams: That’s correct.

McQuilkin: So these payments…

John-Williams (interrupts): … Let me add he is under contract.

McQuilkin: Of course, no problem…

John-Williams (interrupts again): He’s under contract.

McQuilkin: I’m not on that; I’m about to ask you another question. Those payments that have been made to your national coaches who you say have been paid includes all of the work that they do for the preparation of the respective national teams. Correct?

(McQuilkin listed, in detail, the various stages of creating the National Futsal Team from the screening of players to the selection of the squad, training, etc. He asked John-Williams to verify each step).

McQuilkin: So you agree with me, Mr John-Williams, that with relation to the National Futsal Team, you have not disputed at all in your evidence—you have not denied at all—that players for the National Futsal team were screened, were selected, engaged in training sessions, travelled to two tournaments… You have not denied that National Futsal staff oversaw the selection, screening and training for the national team. [And that] you provided absolutely no evidence that the technical staff of the National Futsal Team was paid for all of those things I just itemised for you.

John-Williams: That’s correct.

(McQuilkin went on to point out that—despite John-Williams’ claim that the Futsal team was an unlawful creation of his predecessor—there were cheques and other documents on the team’s behalf done by the current administration. He notes a request for funding, sent to Sport Company manager Anthony Creed, for the team’s travel to Cuba for the CFU qualifiers in January 2016).

McQuilkin: […] You will accept from me that the letter says and itemises a football travelling delegation to Cuba… You see a list of those names: Ronald Brereton, Clayton Morris, Brent Elder, Sterlin O’Brian, Brent Elder… All members of the technical staff, not so?

John-Williams: According to your evidence, yes.

McQuilkin: Sir, this is a document that was agreed by both parties.

John-Williams: No. Let me explain.

McQuilkin (interrupts): No sir…

John-Williams (refuses to concede): … No. I need to explain!

McQuilkin (interrupts again): No, no…

John-Williams (raises his voice): I need to explain!

Justice Mohammed: Mr John-Williams! You are to answer the questions posed by counsel!

John-Williams (lowers his voice): Okay, sure.

McQuilkin: This is a document that was agreed to by both parties, a document that [both parties] admitted to its authenticity.

John-Williams: Okay.

McQuilkin: And it is a document which is written and signed by your general secretary, identifying these particular persons as those who are travelling to Cuba as a national futsal delegation.

McQuilkin: Good. (Pause) Is it correct that the TTFA, under your stewardship, would have paid for travel expenses for the National Futsal Team?

John-Williams: Through the Ministry, yes.

McQuilkin: You would have facilitated it. You did not object to it being paid. Is that not accurate?

John-Williams: We didn’t have a choice.

McQuilkin: Did you object to it being paid?

John-Williams: We didn’t have a choice. If we didn’t send the National Futsal Team to the tournament, we could have been fined and banned. The National Futsal Team was registered in the tournament prior to our administration coming into being…

(McQuilkin sat down, held his chin and stared blankly into an empty area of the courtroom—as though in an exaggeration show of patience—during John-Williams’ speech. As soon as the football president was through, the attorney appeared the dismiss the entire monologue).

McQuilkin: Did you object to it?

John-Williams: No, we didn’t.

McQuilkin: Good.

(The attorney went on to itemise things John-Williams’ administration did for the supposedly illegitimate team, from uniforms, refreshments and travel insurance to plane tickets. The John-Williams-led TTFA also sent Morris and Brereton to the Concacaf draw for the Futsal tournament while press officer Shaun Fuentes was flown to Costa Rica to report on the team’s performances there. It was the TTFA that sent the list of players and technical staff members to Concacaf prior to their final tournament in April 2016; and John-Williams himself signed on one cheque for the squad).

McQuilkin: Did you give us any evidence of your objection to the continued training and participation of the National Futsal Team for that tournament in April and May?

John-Williams: Well, we were left without a choice…

McQuilkin (interrupts): Did you provide us with any evidence?

John-Williams: No.

McQuilkin: Good. (Pause). Is there any evidence, sir, that you paid your technical staff for their participation in that tournament, based on what was agreed by the TTFA?

John-Williams: The cheque that was written indicated what we paid them for, which was a per diem, as part of their agreement to participate in the tournament.

McQuilkin: Good. So that was a per diem. And the specific answer now for my question: is it consistent to what was agreed between them and the TTFA?

John-Williams: I can’t answer that question because our administration did not have a specific agreement. I mean if you, ahmm…

McQuilkin (interrupts): So you can’t answer that question?

John-Williams: I can’t answer that question.

McQuilkin: Okay. You provided any evidence that you paid your technical staff a monthly stipend for their attendance at those two tournaments?

John-Williams: No.

McQuilkin: And the evidence we went over already is that you pay your national coaches and technical staff for their attendance at tournaments. Not so?

John-Williams: If there was a contract, yes.

McQuilkin (gazes at an unoccupied section of the courtroom again): Your evidence is that you pay your national coaches and technical staff for their attendance at tournaments. Not so?

John-Williams: Yes. If they have a contract.

McQuilkin: There was no rider… There would have had to be another agreement. There was none.

(Silence).

McQuilkin: You have not denied that the National Futsal Team, on national duty for this country, [were] put out of their hotel in Costa Rica.

John-Williams: I have not denied that. They were not put out; they were in the lobby…

McQuilkin (interrupts): You have also not denied that the manager, Mr Brereton, had to take from his personal expenses to pay for the continued accommodation of the National Futsal team on national duty for this country. You have not denied that?

John-Williams: I did not give evidence to that effect.

McQuilkin: Instead what you have done is come to this court to give evidence and rely on a constitution that does not even cover the period that we are describing, in an attempt not to pay these persons who performed national service.

John-Williams (after a brief pause): I relied on the constitution that existed.

(McQuilkin paused again)

McQuilkin: You would accept, Mr John-Williams, you provided no evidence at all of any objection by you on the grounds of constitutionality or illegality to the participation of the National Futsal Team in the CFU tournament or the Concacaf tournament. [You] never objected on the grounds of constitutionality or illegality to the technical staff of the National Futsal Team.

John-Williams: No, I didn’t provide that evidence.

McQuilkin: […] My lady, I have no further questions for this witness.

(Misir gets on his feet. He spoke so softly that his voice only carried to the back of the courtroom in snatches. But he did not speak for long).

Misir: You were elected president in November of 2015?

John-Williams: Yes. November 29, 2015.

Misir: When did you first [inaudible].

(Whatever Misir said drew a sharp and prompt rebuke by the judge).

Justice Mohammed: The question does not arise.

(Misir appeared to mumble an apology before trying a different line).

Misir: Is there any record that…

Justice Mohammed: Don’t try that!

Misir: Alright.

The TTFA’s attorney sat down and John-Williams was invited to leave the witness box.

At the back of the courtroom, the football president assured Wired868 that he was confident in the football body’s paperwork for the case. And then, as Justice Mohammed agreed on 12 and 16 November deadlines for the final submission of documents before a 13 December decision, the football president shuffled out of the door.

On 24 November, John-Williams must face the music in a different era, as he confronts a vote of no-confidence at the TTFA’s AGM. But, when that time comes, the burly administrator would be the one holding the gavel.

And, although Look Loy’s barely contained contempt is no cakewalk, at least John-Williams will not have the deal with the McQuilkin’s meticulous and diminishing sniping.

Apr-22

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 28, 2018, 02:35:31 PM »
“You have no evidence!” John-Williams faces withering cross-examination in High Court.

McQuilkin (pauses): Isn’t it accurate Mr John-Williams, that your national football coaches—national men’s team, women’s team, under-20—those coaches are paid?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 28, 2018, 10:09:44 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Flex, I swear at times I thought I was reading a parody of DJW written by Sam

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 28, 2018, 10:32:52 PM »
When is the next ttfa election for pesident? I hope it’s soon.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 29, 2018, 10:20:05 AM »
When is the next ttfa election for pesident? I hope it’s soon.
I hope so too. His tenure has been abysmal. However look at the progression of TTFA chiefs...Jack Warner, Camps, Tim Kee, and Williams. With arguably the exception of Tim Kee, none of these people has served with distinction, to put it mildly. I'm not well versed in corporate governance, but it seems the TTFA needs to strengthen its internal controls, and improve transparency by strengthening disclosure requirements. Without beefing up its governance, what is to prevent any new leader from conducting business in the same self-serving, destructive manner as Williams, Camps, or Jack?

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 10:21:53 AM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #522 on: November 01, 2018, 05:15:43 AM »

Brutal.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 01, 2018, 08:32:39 AM »
Misir: When did you first [inaudible].

(Whatever Misir said drew a sharp and prompt rebuke by the judge).

Justice Mohammed: The question does not arise.

(Misir appeared to mumble an apology before trying a different line).

Misir: Is there any record that…

Justice Mohammed: Don’t try that!

Misir: Alright.

:rotfl:

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 02, 2018, 08:07:45 PM »
At this stage in TnT we want our next football President to be a man/woman who has a history and already relationships within the private sector. Someone who is professional, someone who is business oriented, someone with a long term vision of success and will implant the necessary elements in our football instructor to develop and seek talent from the grassroots level, Like I said before someone who is "professional" so no issues with having players and coaches paid on time. Someone who will hold himself/herself accountable and hold the men and women beneath him accountable. Someone who will use his private sector experience to help bring forth sponsorship support for national and youth football programs. Someone who is UP TO DATE with TODAY's aspect marketing TT football, which means he will understand the value of social media, television, internet, mainstream radio to intensify momentum behind the national team for future games.

Someone who knows their NO DAMN coach in Trinidad right now that can take our national men and women team out of the deep hole we have thrown ourselves in recent years therefore we need a capable proven foreign coach with his team and he needs to be given full support without any negative interference from the old boys local coaches club or from the TTFA administration. Someone who will have a young local coach eager to learn as an assistant under this foreign coach therefore , once again like I said someone with long term vision will understand this

In the end we do not need someone who has football experience per say, he never had to be a coach or football player.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: November 03, 2018, 07:29:27 AM »
At this stage in TnT we want our next football President to be a man/woman who has a history and already relationships within the private sector. Someone who is professional, someone who is business oriented, someone with a long term vision of success and will implant the necessary elements in our football instructor to develop and seek talent from the grassroots level, Like I said before someone who is "professional" so no issues with having players and coaches paid on time. Someone who will hold himself/herself accountable and hold the men and women beneath him accountable. Someone who will use his private sector experience to help bring forth sponsorship support for national and youth football programs. Someone who is UP TO DATE with TODAY's aspect marketing TT football, which means he will understand the value of social media, television, internet, mainstream radio to intensify momentum behind the national team for future games.

Someone who knows their NO DAMN coach in Trinidad right now that can take our national men and women team out of the deep hole we have thrown ourselves in recent years therefore we need a capable proven foreign coach with his team and he needs to be given full support without any negative interference from the old boys local coaches club or from the TTFA administration. Someone who will have a young local coach eager to learn as an assistant under this foreign coach therefore , once again like I said someone with long term vision will understand this

In the end we do not need someone who has football experience per say, he never had to be a coach or football player.

agree to an extent, but I will put mih head on block and say dat angus eve may have developed well with an extended run in the national system, there are maybe just a couple others,but trinidad football as a whole remains slow, technically inept and tactically dunce
I pity the fool....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #526 on: November 26, 2018, 02:46:36 AM »
Life under DJW: reviewing TTFA president’s campaign promises and how teams fared during his term.

On 30 November 2015, W Connection owner David John-Williams was elected for a four year term as Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president after two rounds of voting at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain.

In tomorrow’s AGM, on 24 November 2018, John-Williams must convince football stakeholders that he deserves the right to see out his tenure, as he faces a no confidence motion by board member and Trinidad and Tobago Super League (TTSL) president Keith Look Loy.

So what happened in between?

Roughly a week before the 2015 election, John-Williams unveiled a glossy 38 page manifesto, which he claimed would be “the framework and road map for Trinidad and Tobago football under my instruction—and you can hold me to it.”

So how did he do?

John-Williams’ manifesto made five pledges:

To improve the image of the TTFA by enhancing its credibility through transparency;
    To lead TTFA through the stages in transforming it into a new TTFA—hence redefining its vision, mission, core values and outlining its operating principles;
    To incorporate leading football nationals in assisting local bodies with the creation of a football council;
    To conduct the activities of the TTFA at all levels in a manner that is consistent with the highest ethical and moral standards of Trinidad and Tobago football and the world at large;
    To foster a professional approach to football in Trinidad and Tobago.

To date, there is no football council in operation. Whether he succeeded in any of his other four promises is another matter.

His promises for local football included: a 12-team Pro League with promotion and relegation with the Super League; a 10-team professional women’s league; a Tobago team in WOLF competition and/or the proposed women’s pro league, qualified coaches in all football academies and schools; funding for all TTFA members; attachment courses at European and South American clubs for Pro League and TTSL goalkeeper coaches; and the inclusion of all stakeholders “from grassroots up” in kit negotiations.

Regarding the business of football, John-Williams vowed: to source six gold, 30 silver and 20 bronze corporate sponsors for TTFA; lobby for NLCB funding; snag local and foreign television rights deal for international friendlies; and a season ticket holder programme.

The national teams were promised: a clear policy for national team selection; random drug testing; a local men’s team in year-round training; a year-round national U-13 programme with two training sessions per week and minimum of six local and one overseas friendly international per year; a year-round U-15 programme with three training sessions per week and minimum of four local and three overseas friendly internationals per year; a year-round U-17 programme with minimum of three local four international friendlies per year; a year-round combined U-20 and U-23 programme with one training session per week and B international games in every FIFA match window; a feasibility study for a pension plan; insurance for players; a national football hall of fame; an assistance programme to retrain from national players based on need; and national leagues and youth development structure for Futsal and Beach Soccer.

John-Williams listed his “priority projects” as: Tobago football (male and female), players’ welfare and benefits, home for football, Futsal and Beach Soccer, the business of football, player passport, and the TTFA’s image and reputation.

He promised Tobago that they would have: their players are properly scouted for potential national duty; a Tobago team in the Pro League; and a guarantee that they would host a minimum of two international games per year, two Pro League knock out semifinals and one cup final per year, the TTFA FA Trophy every four years, and referees, coaches and administrative courses.

The TTFA president did deliver the season ticket holder programme, a NLCB deal for two youth teams and, in highly contentious circumstances, the home of football. But there is little sign of much of the other promises.

“I want to tell Trinidad and Tobago they are getting a president who will set an example and will do anything for football that is legal to improve the game,” John-Williams told Wired868, after his electoral success on 30 November 2015. “If I have to pick up paper, I will do that. You won’t find a jacket and tie president here, if you understand what I mean.

“I will work hard for the game to bring the pride back to Trinidad and Tobago at all levels… We need to be 50 and above to really market the Trinidad and Tobago brand (and) get greater television revenues.”

Trinidad and Tobago were ranked 54th in the world at the time. At present, the Soca Warriors are 93rd.

The Warriors were quarterfinalists in two Concacaf Gold Cup tournaments under John-Williams’ predecessor, Raymond Tim Kee. Since then, T&T twice failed to qualify for the competition at all—although they are assured of an automatic berth at the 2019 Gold Cup due to a change in the format.

Here is how the TTFA’s other national teams fared, directly before and during DJW’s tenure:

(Men’s Under-20 Team)

Before DJW: Caribbean champions and fourth in six-team 2014 Concacaf group behind eventual runner-up Panama, USA and Guatemala;

With DJW: Finished fourth in Caribbean and third in 2016 Concacaf group below Costa Rica and El Salvador; In new 2018 format without qualifying series, T&T finished fourth—below Suriname and Puerto Rico—in Concacaf group;

(Men’s Under-17 Team)

Before DJW: Third in Caribbean tournament and bottom of six team 2015 Concacaf group;

With DJW: Failed to advance past 2016 Caribbean group stage despite playing at home;

(Men’s Under-15 Team)

Before DJW: Did not participate in 2013 Concacaf competition;

With DJW: Finished bottom of 2017 Concacaf bracket after scoring once and conceding 21 goals in four matches—including 8-1 loss to Jamaica;

(Women’s Senior Team)

Before DJW: Caribbean champions and losing 2014 Concacaf semifinalists, ranked 48th in the world—after being inactive for final year of Tim Kee’s term;

With DJW: Caribbean runner-up and defeated in group stage of 2018 Concacaf competition; ranked 52nd in the world;

(Women’s Under-20 Team)

Before DJW: Second in CFU and fourth in 2014 Concacaf competition—led Costa Rica 3-1 in semifinal but eventually lose in extra time;

With DJW: Finish bottom of 2015 Concacaf group stage (albeit just days after he took office); finished bottom of 2018 Concacaf group stage, despite home advantage;

(Women’s Under-17 Team)

Before DJW: 2013 Caribbean champions and eliminated in Concacaf group stage;

With DJW: Eliminated in 2016 Caribbean semifinal round; eliminated in 2018 Caribbean group stage;

(Women’s Under-15)

Before DJW: Finished third in 2014 Concacaf tournament;

With DJW: Finished second from bottom in 2016 Concacaf tournament and suffered record 22-0 loss to USA; forfeit 2018 Concacaf tournament after TTFA fail to secure visas in time.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 09, 2018, 07:17:10 PM »
Vote went in favour of DJW.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 09, 2018, 07:36:29 PM »
Vote went in favour of DJW.

Not surprising

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 09, 2018, 07:58:21 PM »
Well,  Contro, ffsback. Allyuh think allyuh can convince them knuckleheads to think otherwise?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 09, 2018, 08:02:57 PM »
They voted for him to finish his tenure?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 09, 2018, 08:12:36 PM »

Essentially. It was a confidence/no confidence vote.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 09, 2018, 08:41:58 PM »

Essentially. It was a confidence/no confidence vote.

This is all a sham.  Even if they had a majority no confidence vote, they weren’t going to remove him anyway.

Sadly. Just like. The country....or more to the point, mirroring the country....T&T football gone thru

There is no saving it. No chance of redemption.   It is what it is.

I do admire those people trying to make a positive change....but all of their efforts are futile. It’s too late. And we’re all complicit.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 09, 2018, 09:52:10 PM »
Ah hear they didn't even vote. The motion was removed and replaced with a vote for censure?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #534 on: December 11, 2018, 01:41:41 AM »
John-Williams remains as no-confidence motion squashed.
By Andrew Gioannetti (Newsday).

‘Democracy at work’

TT FOOTBALL Association (TTFA) president David John-Williams left the VIP Room at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo unscathed and full of confidence as a motion for his dismissal failed to materialise during an adjourned AGM, on Sunday.

The meeting was scheduled for the membership to address the remaining items on the agenda, which could not be attended to in the first sitting held two weeks prior. It has been adjourned yet again for January to address the passing of the budget and a constitutional amendment, which could allow for a vote to remove a sitting president by a simple majority.

“Democracy at work, that’s all I have to say...This is the second time they’ve tried to do it (execute a no-confidence vote) and the people have spoken,” John-Williams said in an interview with Newsday yesterday.

John-Williams, admitting to not being a “media person”, said he quietly goes about his business and was pleased to have the support of the majority of his membership.

The TTFA head has been heavily criticsed by certain excutive members for not being transparent with the multi-million dollar Home of Football project in Couva.

Asked if he was expecting the motion to pass or fail, John-Williams responded: “I make no comment on that matter. In politics – and this is politics really – you never know.” He said he did not wish to discuss the motion further, except to say: “I will continue to do my best for T&T football.” The motion to dismiss the president was tabled by FC Santa Rosa president and member of the board of directors, Keith Look Loy, in September.

Instead of the no-confidence vote, John-Williams reportedly faced a less consequential motion of censure instead, which gave members an opportunity to voice their disapproval of the president’s handling of particular matters.

Meanwhile, the matter of the constitutional amendment, which was tabled by the TT Football Referees Association (TTFRA), was removed from the agenda and moved to the next adjourned meeting.

The TTFA constitution currently requires a three-quarter majority vote by secret ballot for the dismissal of a sitting president or any other member. The TTFRA is proposing to allow a vote of 50 per cent plus one member to allow for the removal of a member.

According to John-Williams, “In any democracy, it’s a recipe for disaster, because every Monday morning you could be putting a president in place. If the quorum for the AGM is 26, and let’s say the quorum attends the meeting, it only takes 14 members to remove the president.”

RELATED NEWS

John-Williams survives no confidence motion, with some help from the floor.

Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president David John-Williams survived another testing AGM today, without even having to face a tabled no confidence motion at the Hasely Crawford Stadium’s VIP Room in Port of Spain.

At the reconvened AGM, there were two motions on the agenda that directly affected the security of the football president. The first was an amendment to lower the threshold to remove a sitting president from 75 per cent to 51 percent; and the second was a no confidence motion.

In the end, John-Williams was shielded from both motions by the floor. North East Stars official Michael Awai asked that the constitutional amendment, which was tabled by the Northern Football Association (NFA), be removed from the agenda and dealt with on an unspecified date in January instead.

And Trinidad and Tobago Football Referees Association (TTFRA) vice-president Osmond Downer got in the way of the no confidence motion too with a counter-motion of censure instead, which essentially meant another warning for John-Williams while allowing him to remain in charge of the local football body.

Full motion from Downer:

“Whereas at the General Meeting of 13 June 2018, a motion was passed that the President be complimented on his valiant efforts to improve the state of football in the country, with a special reference to the creation of the Home of Football, and that in the same motion, the President was censured for not properly communicating with the Board, as he should do in all matters, according to the Constitution; and seeing that at present, the President should be again complimented on his continuing efforts as fore-mentioned.

“But, because of his continuing inadequate non-communication on all matters concerning these football projects, that the President be strongly reminded of the previous decision of censure and be made aware that any indication of such non-communication on the part of the President in the future will be treated as serious enough to engender a fulsome motion of no-confidence in the President.”

Democracy at Work.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president David John-Williams left the VIP Room at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo unscathed and full of confidence as a motion for his dismissal failed to materialise during an adjourned AGM, on Sunday.

In a Newsday article, it stated, the meeting was scheduled for the membership to address the remaining items on the agenda, which could not be attended to in the first sitting held two weeks prior. It has been adjourned yet again for January to address the passing of the budget and a constitutional amendment, which could allow for a vote to remove a sitting president by a simple majority.

“Democracy at work, that’s all I have to say…This is the second time they’ve tried to do it (execute a no-confidence vote) and the people have spoken,” John-Williams said in an interview with Newsday yesterday.
John-Williams  said he quietly goes about his business and was pleased to have the support of the majority of his membership.

The TTFA head has been heavily criticsed by certain excutive members for not being transparent with the multi-million dollar Home of Football project in Couva.

Asked if he was expecting the motion to pass or fail, John-Williams responded: “I make no comment on that matter. In politics – and this is politics really – you never know.” He said he did not wish to discuss the motion further, except to say: “I will continue to do my best for TT football.” The motion to dismiss the president was tabled by FC Santa Rosa president and member of the board of directors, Keith Look Loy, in September.

Instead of the no-confidence vote, John-Williams reportedly faced a less consequential motion of censure instead, which gave members an opportunity to voice their disapproval of the president’s handling of particular matters.

Meanwhile, the matter of the constitutional amendment, which was tabled by the TT Football Referees Association (TTFRA), was removed from the agenda and moved to the next adjourned meeting.

The TTFA constitution currently requires a three-quarter majority vote by secret ballot for the dismissal of a sitting president or any other member. The TTFRA is proposing to allow a vote of 50 per cent plus one member to allow for the removal of a member.

According to John-Williams, “In any democracy, it’s a recipe for disaster, because every Monday morning you could be putting a president in place. If the quorum for the AGM is 26, and let’s say the quorum attends the meeting, it only takes 14 members to remove the president.”

SPORT: TTFA President Survives Removal Attempt

« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 05:39:44 AM by Flex »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 18, 2018, 09:27:28 PM »
“When [John-Williams] jumped out and boasted that he can ‘proudly say’ his players are playing for US$300,” said the second player, “we were so angry about that…”

The first player swore that, due to John-Williams’ behaviour, he is now unwilling to ever play for US$300 or even US$500 again.

“All the time the standard price was US$1,000 under [former TTFA president Raymond] Tim Kee and just so he want to change it and still he is not paying us,” said the first players. “And for him to go on tv and boast about paying us that; I will never come to play for that again!

https://wired868.com/2018/12/18/soca-warriors-vow-to-boycott-wales-match-due-to-unkept-djw-promises-still-unpaid-for-usa-win-in-october-2017/

I knew it wouldn't take long for the skin to be peeled in public on the $300 surrounding the players' match fees.

Welcome to 2019!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 18, 2018, 11:27:46 PM »
The words "per diem" or "travel allowance" or "daily allowance" must not exist at the TTFA.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 20, 2018, 12:57:35 PM »
Players not getting paid from since 2017?

Can’t be true.  We were assured that the players would be paid

We just need to give the man a chance

Right?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 20, 2018, 02:52:28 PM »
Players not getting paid from since 2017?

Can’t be true.  We were assured that the players would be paid

We just need to give the man a chance

Right?

Massa mentality, bro.

Some people will put up with anything and make excuses for their oppressor, oui.

I just doh have de energy, nah.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #539 on: December 20, 2018, 05:50:08 PM »
Strike and end the charade...

If the players want a better admin, they can have one, if they stand their ground, and I mean all players.. so TTFA can’t call any players up for national duty

1]; } ?>