March 28, 2024, 01:09:58 PM

Author Topic: David John Williams Thread.  (Read 121663 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: David John Williams Thread.
« Reply #540 on: December 20, 2018, 05:53:34 PM »
The words "per diem" or "travel allowance" or "daily allowance" must not exist at the TTFA.

It exists... this is not a matter of incompetence

In enslavement the house negroes sold out, the dictator falls in that class, he sold out our nation and it’s fans and footballers.. some players maybe even benefitted from that for a time but you don’t do business with a sell out snake..

The dictator and people like him are not shy when coming to corruption and bribery ...

Like I said he sabotaged our wc chances and Hart bc he was instructed to...

So it’s sabotage
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 10:37:33 PM by Controversial »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 20, 2018, 09:14:41 PM »
bc he was instructed to...

by whom?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #542 on: December 21, 2018, 04:55:44 AM »
TTFA VP ‘not aware’ of men’s woe$.
By Andrew Gioannetti (Newsday).

VICE-PRESIDENT of the TT Football Association (TTFA) Ewing Davis says he was unaware of the crisis involving the men's footballers who have threatened to strike owing to unpaid match fees for over a year.

Newsday contacted Davis yesterday after repeated attempts to solicit a response from TTFA president David John-Williams came up short.

John-Williams did not answer calls to his cellphone yesterday. Newsday emailed him several questions pertaining to the matters of unpaid players' fees, the association's current financial standing and the burden of its numerous lawsuits being faced. He responded shortly after saying, "I am out of the country."

Davis, the only VP following the resignation of Joanne Salazar in September, told Newsday, "I am not aware, so I cannot respond to that."

Davis did address the impact of the last week's High Court ruling, which saw the TTFA ordered to immediately pay staff and players attached to the 2016 national men's futsal team the sum of $475,743 for unpaid match fees, salaries and per diems for their services at the CONCACAF Futsal Championships in 2016.

"Lots of things that are coming to us are things that happened with Raymond Tim Kee. Mr Tim Kee made promises to people and did not deliver. However, David is in office and if this is football, then fine, but I cannot say that this could have been avoided. I don't think Raymond had spoken to us about the commitments he had to anybody."

Justice Margaret Mohammed noted though that the verbal agreement between the futsal team and Tim Kee was binding, with coach Clayton Morris also indicating the team had correspondence from CONCACAF and other documents which completely legitimatised them.

Davis also suggested the TTFA's ability to maintain its various national teams was dependent on its potential to generate income, adding that the financial strains on the association could see it dismantle all but two national football teams.

"From where we are, we are doing everything possible to generate income, all things being equal. If that materialises, we may be in a better position to promote football the way we would like. However, FIFA says (at a minimum) only two national teams that you must have, and if we can only have two then we might have to revert to that. I can't say that yet," Davis said.

He was also asked to comment on the other lawsuits dogging the TTFA, including that of former TTFA general secretary Sheldon Phillips.

"As far as I remember, Raymond Tim Kee fired Sheldon Phillips," Davis said.

"When we entered office, there was no Sheldon Phillips. I'm not too clear how that becomes our issue. I don't know. But I assume going into office, that whatever comes across to you...we just have to treat with it as it progresses and let's hope that good sense prevails."

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 21, 2018, 12:18:22 PM »
I doh think Macgyver or Hunt and the IMF could help we, besides everybody busy with they own all 4’s, reneading from Trump
Maybe, just maybe we go hah to leh Gary sort out this too oui
Wha it is ‘one shot ah babash, one kill ah brain cell’ ?  ;D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 21, 2018, 04:28:29 PM »
"Lots of things that are coming to us are things that happened with Raymond Tim Kee. Mr Tim Kee made promises to people and did not deliver. "

Quite true, but he inherited a huge  mess left by you buddy Jack. Your other buddy DJW, promised he could do a better job, but he falling way short.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 21, 2018, 06:52:49 PM »
"Lots of things that are coming to us are things that happened with Raymond Tim Kee. Mr Tim Kee made promises to people and did not deliver. "

Quite true, but he inherited a huge  mess left by you buddy Jack. Your other buddy DJW, promised he could do a better job, but he falling way short.

Every elected administration has to deal with the good and bad of the previous administration. What's new?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 22, 2018, 09:25:20 AM »

Every elected administration has to deal with the good and bad of the previous administration. What's new?

Exactly, I don't know why these amateurs can't understand the nature of running a "company" rather than their own two-bit dictatorship/enterprise. This is what's wrong with their mentality - it's all about them, who tehy promised to pay, how they get their dollar, not that they are running a company that existed before them and has obligations and debts.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #547 on: December 24, 2018, 08:36:54 AM »
More questions for TTFA boss.

Members shocked as ex-TTSL official at FIFA workshop

PRESIDENT of the TT Football Association (TTFA) David John-Williams is being asked by TTFA board members to explain if he played a role in someone with no official connection to the association attending a two-day FIFA Forward workshop in Barbados last week – without the knowledge of the general secretary and membership.

Newsday has been informed that former TT Super League general secretary Camara David posted an image to his Instagram account which appeared to show him and John-Williams alongside high ranking officials from the regional FIFA member associations at the FIFA Forward workshop.

Look Loy sent John-Williams an email requesting information on TTFA’s representation at the FIFA Forward workshop.

“...I am also advised by the TTFA General Secretary (Justin Latapy-George) that he never received an invitation from FIFA on behalf of TTFA, and that he did not attend. Camara David is neither an employee nor an appointed representative of TTFA and I wonder how he could have attended while the GS was officially unaware of the event,” Look Loy wrote.

Look Loy’s concerns were echoed by Central Football Association (CFA) representative Clynt Taylor in his subsequent email to John-Williams. “I am also endorsing this call for an inquiry to allow for transparency and clarity I’ll be seeking a full endorsement from the CFA Board in this matter.”

Newsday asked John-Williams, via email, if David represented the TTFA at the workshop.

John-Williams responded saying, “Noted. I reserve any response. I will advise though that you do proper research on the information provided to you before publishing your story.”

The FIFA Forward workshop is targeted to regional member association presidents, general secretaries, development officers and finance directors as it deals with funds provided by FIFA for the development of member associations. FIFA recently announced an upgrade to its Forward programme, which meant member associations would receive boost of funding from US$5 million to US$6 million at the start of 2019.

Although Latapy-George’s contract expired on November 30, Trinidad and Tobago Football Referees Association vice-president Osmond Downer moved a motion at the recent AGM “that the AGM expressed satisfaction with the works of the general secretary during his tenure and exhort the president to take his into account in considering the renewal of the contract of the general secretary.” The motion was agreed to unanimously.

Latapy-George continues to serve as general secretary on a daily basis, although there are questions surrounding the relationship between himself and John-Williams.

In September, Latapy-George informed board members that he was instructed by John-Williams to hide former TTFA vice-president Joanne Salazar’s resignation from them. That matter stirred further controversy within the association as Salazar was presumed by some members to have been included in a vote to appoint Shawn Cooper as head coach for the women’s national team.

Look Loy is demanding answers about TTFA's representation at the FIFA workshop and believes John-Williams should go if David attended under the umbrella of the TTFA.

“Is this correct? Is this acceptable? Is this not further disrespect for the highest body in TTFA? The president has gone completely off the tracks and is operating like he owns the TTFA,” Look Loy said.

John-Williams’ leadership of the organisation continues to invoke questions over a lack of accountability to the board, most notably his refusal to share documentation related to the nearly complete Home of Football project. More recently, he was accused for reneging on his promise to pay national men’s team footballers their per diems and match fees which remain outstanding for over a year.

Newsday emailed John-Williams, while he was in Barbados, seeking his reaction to statements made by national team defender Sheldon Bateau who said there will be a player boycott if the funds are not paid in full.

“I am out of the country,” he responded.

Look Loy said he has raised the issue with CONCACAF.

Attempts to reach the Super League official to ascertain his role and function at the seminar were unsuccessful as incoming calls to his cellphone were restricted.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 24, 2018, 01:22:56 PM »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 24, 2018, 02:11:14 PM »
“Look Loy is passionate but he is not a strategist”; Wired868 reviews the TTFA AGM, as DJW prevails again.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

... sources noted that former TTSL general secretary Camara David has been a regular presence around the football president; and was an observer at the AGM.

I guess so.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: December 24, 2018, 02:17:23 PM »
"If people only knew the truth about the state of TT football and the TTFA I can almost guarantee you that their perception will change drastically. Unfortunately the media publishes what they want and not necessarily the truth."

https://twitter.com/Kenson90/status/1067121480654299136

Quote attributed to Camara David, November 26, 2018

Original post modified to include the source of the comments.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 10:15:39 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 24, 2018, 03:07:45 PM »
"If people only knew the truth about the state of TT football and the TTFA I can almost guarantee you that their perception will change drastically. Unfortunately the media publishes what they want and not necessarily the truth."

Tell us something that we don't know already, Camara!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 24, 2018, 10:18:04 PM »

Yuh sure yuh reading or interpreting his comment accurately?

And, why should there be mystery for most (including many within the TTFA's hierarchy and among the TTFA's direct stakeholders) yet apparently insightful transparency for Camara David? There is more in this mortar than the supposed Trumpian pestle of the media spouting fake news (aka untruths). It reads like the "I belong, I am privy" propaganda of a youthful inductee to the Order of the Dark Arts.

It seems easy enough to guide us away from the alleged misrepresentations of the media and into the light, ent? Attempt to specify what we are missing, maybe?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 10:40:57 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #553 on: December 24, 2018, 10:48:02 PM »
bc he was instructed to...

by whom?

TT is controlled... we are not an economic power, nor is any Caribbean state, it’s decided who qualifies for the wc, this could be reversed if our football admins chose the high road, none have, Tim kee at least gave Hart control, however funding was the issue then and should never be..

However, that was short lived, the minute TT starting becoming a force under Hart, that had to stop, its political, has nothing to do with talent, it’s all political power, money, gambling etc determines who goes to the wc... Hart would have led the team to the dance but that was stopped, deliberately ....

The US loss, was down to a number of factors, all political....

We haven’t had a president who cares about our football or the nation... so they will sell out without hesitation

« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 10:51:45 PM by Controversial »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 25, 2018, 11:03:49 AM »

Yuh sure yuh reading or interpreting his comment accurately?

And, why should there be mystery for most (including many within the TTFA's hierarchy and among the TTFA's direct stakeholders) yet apparently insightful transparency for Camara David? There is more in this mortar than the supposed Trumpian pestle of the media spouting fake news (aka untruths). It reads like the "I belong, I am privy" propaganda of a youthful inductee to the Order of the Dark Arts.

It seems easy enough to guide us away from the alleged misrepresentations of the media and into the light, ent? Attempt to specify what we are missing, maybe?
Point is.. whatever we missing and whatever is the truth..the football is mismanaged. Players at all levels, not want to play, and even if they do, not being successful. Irregardless of whatever is reported, the responsibility of the TTFA and mandate is not to build a football stadium, but to promote, encourage, develop and maintain football in the country. If one regular member of the National team not happy, then something might be wrong. If teams, staff and board complaining, then the administration have failed, and that is the only standing fact, no other words from media or ppl will change that truth.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 11:06:43 AM by maxg »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: December 26, 2018, 08:00:11 AM »
asylum, I had no intentions of sticking pins and needles into Camara. But the statement saying if people knew the TRUTH about TT football, etc, etc.   Are you for real. From JW, Tim Kee, to DJW ...... what is there that we don't know already,  will change our perception of football in TT.  If he knows something that would change our perpection, then lay it out on the table. Don't leave us in suspense.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 26, 2018, 10:46:16 AM »
Also no intention of sticking him with any piercing objects other than the truth. However, having transformed himself into a public figure, he is accountable for his pronouncements.

Since highlighting his comment, I see that Lasana has asked questions of him.

What was the aim of his comment, if not to engage the public?

Will say this doh, "skillful" fella to have transitioned from Look Loy's right hand man to DJW's right hand man.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 26, 2018, 11:34:00 AM »
Will say this doh, "skillful" fella to have transitioned from Look Loy's right hand man to DJW's right hand man.

That says it right there. He is in DJW pocket. What the frig does he and DJW know that will change our perception and be on their side. I personally eh buying anything coming out of the mouth of DJW and his associates. That is how I feel.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 27, 2018, 03:21:06 AM »
You don’t even have to buy,the count Jackula was ole school ‘ticket or leave it’.
Tha fella not giving choice, he and his ppl dun take yuh money and doh wha they want. New school horror, Alien cross with Predator. Technology without conscience. Ah lil bite was joke, besides Jackie carry allyuh W C. Presidator might carry we back to the Savannah.  :devil: ;D

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #559 on: January 02, 2019, 08:00:40 AM »
President’s New Year Message.
TTFA Media.

"The TTFA would like to use this opportunity to extend our gratitude to you for your commitment, patience and support towards building, developing and promoting football in 2018. We now look forward to a fruitful and exciting 2019 year for Trinidad and Tobago Football.

"The TTFA will celebrate its 111th anniversary this year and looks ahead to the highly anticipated opening of the Home of Football and the Sports and Entertainment Centre projects. Both projects were made possible through FIFA’s Forward Programme and the support of the Government of Trinidad and Tobago who provided the all-important lands to facilitate these projects."

See the Full Message Here

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #560 on: January 04, 2019, 06:00:26 AM »
John-Williams: Big plans for 2019.

No mention of women’s programmes.

PRESIDENT of the TT Football Association (TTFA) David John-Williams says football fans have “a lot more football to look forward to” this year. Among the list of 2019 highlights to expect are the opening of the Home of Football, a “host of top class international friendlies” for the men’s national team and the start of the Concacaf Nations League.

John-Williams, via TTFA’s media department, issued his New Year’s Day message in which he shared an optimistic view for football this year. He also acknowledged players, coaches and other stakeholders in local football for their “efforts, patience and understanding.”

He said, “The TTFA would like to use this opportunity to extend our gratitude to you for your commitment, patience and support towards building, developing and promoting football in 2018. We now look forward to a fruitful and exciting 2019 year for T&T football.

“The TTFA will celebrate its 111th anniversary this year and looks ahead to the highly anticipated opening of the Home of Football and the Sports and Entertainment Centre projects. Both projects were made possible through FIFA’s Forward programme and the support of the Government of T&T who provided the all-important lands to facilitate these projects.”

John-Williams also listed international friendlies lined up for the men’s national team in preparation for the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup in July. Among those friendlies for the men’s team is a meeting with Wales scheduled for March 20 in Wrexham. He also noted T&T’s challenge of the inaugural Concacaf Nations League in September, the start of qualification for Qatar 2022, and the NLCB Elite youth teams who have a number of friendly and competitive matches throughout 2019.

John-Williams did not indicate any plans for the national women’s team who endured a turbulent year of football in 2018 with controversy in the selection of a coach and the team’s insufficient preparation and lack of resources ahead of the Concacaf Women’s Championship.

“Together we can shape the future of our football and leave a legacy for the next generations.

We met and overcame many obstacles in 2018 and together we will continue to surmount them in the years ahead. We have no doubt made progress an an organization, demonstrating resilience that can only augur well for us going forward as we endeavour to create a self-sustainable TT Football Association.

“We would once again like to acknowledge the efforts, patience and understanding of all out stakeholders from the players, coaches, match officials, administrators, referees, office staff, member associations, official partners as well as our most loyal fans,” John-Williams concluded.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 04, 2019, 03:33:48 PM »
Is this guy for real?!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 04, 2019, 03:44:26 PM »
DJW giving Comical Ali a run fuh he money
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 04, 2019, 07:14:29 PM »
Must be an election year. All of a sudden is a letter acknowledging fans, planning to host top class friendlies and of course opening the highly anticipated home of football.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 07:27:06 PM by soccerman »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 17, 2019, 07:17:36 PM »
Just as Theresa May's survival of a no-confidence vote in no way means that f**kery is not afoot on Downing Street, DJW's continued existence in office is not an endorsement of success in Couva.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #565 on: February 17, 2019, 01:34:50 AM »
DJW calls TTFA board meeting; Lawrence, U-17 team and general secretary head talking points.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) board will hold its first meeting of 2019 on Wednesday 20 February and it could set the tone for controversial president David John-Williams’ final nine months in office.

John-Williams has held on to his own job—after a motion to remove him by FC Santa Rosa was thwarted at the AGM, two months ago—but now the posts of Men’s National Senior Team head coach Dennis Lawrence and general secretary Justin Latapy-George are at stake.

Lawrence’s two year contract expired on 31 January while Latapy-George’s term ended last November. Thus far, John-Williams has suggested he wants to keep his head coach but ditch his general secretary with former Trinidad and Tobago Super League (TTSL) administrator Camara David already lined up for the latter office.

Last week, Wired868 revealed exclusively that David’s name was already placed on the FIFA website as the TTFA’s general secretary, although it was since removed.

Remarkably, the TTFA president is trying to get the board to renew Lawrence’s contract without even revealing what terms were offered to the the former 2006 World Cup star in the first place.

There is neither a TTFA technical committee nor a technical director in place to help evaluate Lawrence’s stint either, as the former body is one of 15 standing committees left non-functional under the current administration while Anton Corneal is yet to return to work.

Corneal, who returned to the post in August 2017, walked off the job in January after going unpaid for six months. Since then, John-Williams has authorised three months’ payment for the technical director but Corneal continues to insist that the TTFA meet all of its financial obligations to him.

Lawrence has had a mixed spell at the helm of the Soca Warriors. Trinidad and Tobago lost six of their eight matches in the Concacaf Hex under the six foot seven coach while the team slipped from 80th to 93rd in the FIFA rankings.

Overall, the Warriors won five, drew four and lost 11 matches under Lawrence with 18 goals scored and 27 conceded. However, he can point to a seismic 2-1 home win over the United States—which eliminated the North American giants from the Russia 2018 World Cup—as well as an encouraging 2-0 friendly win over the United Arab Emirates last September.

At home, Trinidad and Tobago have three wins (USA, Panama and Barbados), two draws (Grenada and Guyana) and four defeats (Mexico, Jamaica, Honduras and Panama) with 10 goals scored and as many conceded.

The board must decide whether that record is good enough to keep Lawrence at the helm for the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup, or consider a new head coach.

In the case of the general secretary portfolio, a constitutional crisis appears to be looming with the president insisting that the board is obliged to appoint whoever he selects for the job, although Elton Prescott SC and Trinidad and Tobago Football Referees Association (TTFRA) vice-president Osmond Downer—both framers of the TTFA constitution—disagreed.

Another pressing issue is the state of the Men’s National Under-17 Team, which remains inactive with less than two months to go before the start of their Peru 2019 World Youth Cup qualifying series.

John-Williams has neither confirmed nor denied rumours that the Under-17 boys can be sacrificed so that the Under-15 Team—led by W Connection head coach Stuart Charles-Fevrier—can take their place for ‘tournament experience’.

Although John-Williams is yet to reveal an agenda for next week’s meeting, board member and TTSL Keith Look Loy requested that all of the aforementioned topics be put on the table along the status of the TTFA’s Audit and Compliance Committee and Home of Football and Income Generation Project.

Wednesday’s conclave, which comes a month after it was constitutionally due, will also see a debut appearance by Veteran Footballers Foundation of Trinidad and Tobago (VFFOTT) president Selby Browne, whose body was awarded a board position at the AGM.

Bizarrely, the TTFA’s general membership—and, in particular, the Pro League clubs—voted against a seat at the board for the Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL), although the SSFL easily has the most teams, biggest attendances and longest history of all the TTFA’s members and proved to be the only body capable of securing a million dollar sponsorship deal.

Browne’s inclusion brings the TTFA board up to 13 members. They are:

John-Williams (president), Ewing Davis (vice-president), Richard Quan Chan (Southern FA), Anthony Moore (Tobago FA), Joseph Taylor (TTFRA), Sharon Warrick (Women’s League Football), Julia Baptiste (TT Pro League), Collin Partap (Central Football Association), Look Loy (TTSL), Bandele Kamau (Eastern FA), Raeshawn Mars (Northern FA), Sherwyn Dyer (Eastern Counties Football Union) and Browne (VFFOTT).

John-Williams has always enjoyed the unstinting support of Davis, Quan Chan, Moore and Dyer, which accounts for five votes. But he has generally not had his way with Look Loy, Partap, Taylor, Warrick and any of the NFA’s representatives.

If those 10 members remain consistent, the swing votes would come from Baptiste, Kamau and Browne. Should John-Williams convince two from that trio to see things his way, he will get the coach and general secretary he wants—even, possibly, without revealing their terms of references.

Despite the obvious decline of Trinidad and Tobago’s football, both on and off the field, there is no questioning the strength of John-Williams’ canvassing, as he continues to emerge largely unscathed from meetings with the board and general membership.

Next Wednesday evening at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva might be one of his more challenging meetings yet with high stakes again for the local game.

Editor’s Note: The TTFA board meeting was moved from Tuesday 19 February to Wednesday 20 February. That change was reflected in our story from 12 February.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 18, 2019, 01:00:02 PM »
DJW calls TTFA board meeting; Lawrence, U-17 team and general secretary head talking points.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) board will hold its first meeting of 2019 on Wednesday 20 February and it could set the tone for controversial president David John-Williams’ final nine months in office.

John-Williams has held on to his own job—after a motion to remove him by FC Santa Rosa was thwarted at the AGM, two months ago—but now the posts of Men’s National Senior Team head coach Dennis Lawrence and general secretary Justin Latapy-George are at stake.

Lawrence’s two year contract expired on 31 January while Latapy-George’s term ended last November. Thus far, John-Williams has suggested he wants to keep his head coach but ditch his general secretary with former Trinidad and Tobago Super League (TTSL) administrator Camara David already lined up for the latter office.

Last week, Wired868 revealed exclusively that David’s name was already placed on the FIFA website as the TTFA’s general secretary, although it was since removed.

Remarkably, the TTFA president is trying to get the board to renew Lawrence’s contract without even revealing what terms were offered to the the former 2006 World Cup star in the first place.

There is neither a TTFA technical committee nor a technical director in place to help evaluate Lawrence’s stint either, as the former body is one of 15 standing committees left non-functional under the current administration while Anton Corneal is yet to return to work.

Corneal, who returned to the post in August 2017, walked off the job in January after going unpaid for six months. Since then, John-Williams has authorised three months’ payment for the technical director but Corneal continues to insist that the TTFA meet all of its financial obligations to him.

Lawrence has had a mixed spell at the helm of the Soca Warriors. Trinidad and Tobago lost six of their eight matches in the Concacaf Hex under the six foot seven coach while the team slipped from 80th to 93rd in the FIFA rankings.

Overall, the Warriors won five, drew four and lost 11 matches under Lawrence with 18 goals scored and 27 conceded. However, he can point to a seismic 2-1 home win over the United States—which eliminated the North American giants from the Russia 2018 World Cup—as well as an encouraging 2-0 friendly win over the United Arab Emirates last September.

At home, Trinidad and Tobago have three wins (USA, Panama and Barbados), two draws (Grenada and Guyana) and four defeats (Mexico, Jamaica, Honduras and Panama) with 10 goals scored and as many conceded.

The board must decide whether that record is good enough to keep Lawrence at the helm for the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup, or consider a new head coach.

In the case of the general secretary portfolio, a constitutional crisis appears to be looming with the president insisting that the board is obliged to appoint whoever he selects for the job, although Elton Prescott SC and Trinidad and Tobago Football Referees Association (TTFRA) vice-president Osmond Downer—both framers of the TTFA constitution—disagreed.

Another pressing issue is the state of the Men’s National Under-17 Team, which remains inactive with less than two months to go before the start of their Peru 2019 World Youth Cup qualifying series.

John-Williams has neither confirmed nor denied rumours that the Under-17 boys can be sacrificed so that the Under-15 Team—led by W Connection head coach Stuart Charles-Fevrier—can take their place for ‘tournament experience’.

Although John-Williams is yet to reveal an agenda for next week’s meeting, board member and TTSL Keith Look Loy requested that all of the aforementioned topics be put on the table along the status of the TTFA’s Audit and Compliance Committee and Home of Football and Income Generation Project.

Wednesday’s conclave, which comes a month after it was constitutionally due, will also see a debut appearance by Veteran Footballers Foundation of Trinidad and Tobago (VFFOTT) president Selby Browne, whose body was awarded a board position at the AGM.

Bizarrely, the TTFA’s general membership—and, in particular, the Pro League clubs—voted against a seat at the board for the Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL), although the SSFL easily has the most teams, biggest attendances and longest history of all the TTFA’s members and proved to be the only body capable of securing a million dollar sponsorship deal.

Browne’s inclusion brings the TTFA board up to 13 members. They are:

John-Williams (president), Ewing Davis (vice-president), Richard Quan Chan (Southern FA), Anthony Moore (Tobago FA), Joseph Taylor (TTFRA), Sharon Warrick (Women’s League Football), Julia Baptiste (TT Pro League), Collin Partap (Central Football Association), Look Loy (TTSL), Bandele Kamau (Eastern FA), Raeshawn Mars (Northern FA), Sherwyn Dyer (Eastern Counties Football Union) and Browne (VFFOTT).

John-Williams has always enjoyed the unstinting support of Davis, Quan Chan, Moore and Dyer, which accounts for five votes. But he has generally not had his way with Look Loy, Partap, Taylor, Warrick and any of the NFA’s representatives.

If those 10 members remain consistent, the swing votes would come from Baptiste, Kamau and Browne. Should John-Williams convince two from that trio to see things his way, he will get the coach and general secretary he wants—even, possibly, without revealing their terms of references.

Despite the obvious decline of Trinidad and Tobago’s football, both on and off the field, there is no questioning the strength of John-Williams’ canvassing, as he continues to emerge largely unscathed from meetings with the board and general membership.

Next Wednesday evening at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva might be one of his more challenging meetings yet with high stakes again for the local game.

Editor’s Note: The TTFA board meeting was moved from Tuesday 19 February to Wednesday 20 February. That change was reflected in our story from 12 February.

They need to stop DJW from giving DL another contract I understand a record like that if DL was using a lot of young players giving them games to get experience but using the same old players from last campaign and getting results like that is unacceptable.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #567 on: March 20, 2019, 12:28:58 AM »
Salaries will be paid- John-Williams.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

"Staff mem­bers of the T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion will be paid, and so too the mem­bers of the na­tion­al foot­ball team cur­rent­ly set to take on Wales in an in­ter­na­tion­al friend­ly to­day," pres­i­dent of the T&TFA David John-Williams has said.

His com­ment comes amidst a re­port that the foot­ball as­so­ci­a­tion's ac­count was frozen re­cent­ly by a court or­der af­ter John-Williams failed to ho­n­our a rul­ing by the High Court in No­vem­ber of last year, to paid mem­bers of the Na­tion­al Fut­sal team monies owed for salaries, per diem, match fees and mis­cel­la­neous oth­er ex­pens­es that amount­ed to $475,743 plus le­gal fees of $69,200.82.

The mat­ter now lies square­ly in the hands of TTFA at­tor­ney An­nand Misir, as he goes full speed ahead with an ap­peal of the de­ci­sion.

John-Williams main­tained he and his as­so­ci­a­tion have had ab­solute­ly noth­ing to do with the agree­ment made be­tween the fut­sal coach Clay­ton Mor­ris and then TTFA pres­i­dent Ray­mond Tim Kee.

Yes­ter­day Guardian Me­dia Sports re­ceived a copy of the tran­script from the court which showed Mor­ris ad­mit­ting he was cho­sen by Tim Kee as part of a steer­ing com­mit­tee back in 2013 to pre­pare a na­tion­al team for the first time. The ap­point­ments were strict­ly ver­bal and did not have doc­u­men­ta­tion to show the John-Williams-led ad­min­is­tra­tion when they as­sumed of­fice back in No­vem­ber of 2015.

How­ev­er, Jus­tice Mar­garet Mo­hammed ap­peared to have ho­n­oured the agree­ment be­tween the par­ties and was par­tic­u­lar­ly an­noyed when the em­bat­tled foot­ball as­so­ci­a­tion pres­i­dent in­struct­ed his at­tor­ney to ap­peal the de­ci­sion, though he had ini­tial­ly asked for 28 days to make the pay­ment.

Jus­tice Mo­hammed's de­ci­sion to or­der the TTFA's bank- First Cit­i­zens to freeze its ac­count, was made last month. The bank was giv­en a date of April 4 to ap­pear in court with a state­ment of the TTFA's ac­count.

John-Williams in a re­lease yes­ter­day said his as­so­ci­a­tion just does not have the funds to pay the debt.

" Un­for­tu­nate­ly the fund­ing is just not there at this time to ser­vice these debts, but we at the TTFA con­tin­ue to sol­dier on, hence the rea­son for em­pha­sis on com­plet­ing the Ho­tel and the Home of Foot­ball which will be a ma­jor in­come gen­er­a­tion project not just for foot­ball but will change the face of sport in Trinidad and To­ba­go."

He not­ed the TTFA has been in a sim­i­lar sit­u­a­tion be­fore, par­tic­u­lar­ly when Graph­ic Ad­ver­tis­ing was suc­cess­ful in get­ting their ac­count frozen two years ago. Ac­cord­ing to the TTFA state­ment "Doc­u­ments on the ac­tion tak­en by per­sons who have ap­proached the court to have in­struc­tions is­sued to freeze the bank ac­counts of the TTFA last Fri­day was re­ceived on Mon­day, March 18th 2019. We at the TTFA have in­her­it­ed a debt of over 30 mil­lion dol­lars in­curred by the pre­vi­ous ad­min­is­tra­tions and con­tin­ue the up­hill task of ad­dress­ing that fi­nan­cial sit­u­a­tion, while al­so ad­dress­ing the on­go­ing op­er­at­ing re­quire­ments of the As­so­ci­a­tion."

It added "The facts are that while these are not debts cre­at­ed by the David John Williams Ad­min­is­tra­tion, they re­main the debt of the TTFA. We are very mind­ful of those whose sole agen­da is to de­stroy T&T Foot­ball by their ac­tions, but un­der no cir­cum­stances shall they de­rive such a re­sult."

RELATED NEWS

Relieved Warriors get match fee hike from TTFA, look forward to Wales clash.

The Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team players can keep their attentions firmly on the task at hand in Wrexham this Wednesday, after they were assured of a pay hike for their international friendly against Wales.

The Soca Warriors had their fees cut from US$1,000 per match for much of this millennium to just US$300 by TTFA president David John-Williams in November 2017. The low fee, coupled with late payments, prompted players to threaten a boycott of Wednesday’s friendly in Wales, which could feature Real Madrid star and four-time European Champions League winner Gareth Bale.

However, even before head coach Dennis Lawrence selected his final 22-man squad for the marquee affair for the twin island republic, John-Williams was able to hammer out a truce. The new arrangement, according to one player who spoke on condition of anonymity, is a pay structure of US$1,000 for the starting team, US$700 for players who come off the bench and US$500 for unused substitutes.

“The guys are relieved and are just hoping to get a time for the money to be paid, as nothing has been confirmed yet,” the anonymous Warriors player told Wired868. “I’m looking forward to the game. For me, it’s one of those opportunities that don’t come often; so I’m ready to rumble with one of the world’s best players.”

The national players received no assurances that the offered match fee for Wednesday’s affair would remain in place for future friendlies while a pay structure still has not been confirmed for the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup, which kicks off in June.

For now, the players are focused on the immediate task. They train today at Everton’s Finch Farm training facilities after an agreement between Lawrence—a former Everton assistant coach—and the Premier Division team’s club secretary, David Harrison.

The anonymous player said they have no illusions about the magnitude of the task. Wales are 19th in the world and playing at home with their entire squad in mid-season while the Warriors are ranked 93rd by FIFA and have just four players—Willis Plaza (Churchill Brothers, India), Khaleem Hyland (Al Faisaly FC, Saudi Arabia), Daneil Cyrus and Lester Peltier (both Al Orobah, Saudi Arabia)—who are at the same stage in their seasons.

But the Warriors are in good spirits and will work as a team.

“It’s not going to be easy but I’m sure the guys are looking forward to the game as much as I am,” said the Warriors player. “[…] It’s going to be a big challenge seeing that a lot of us are out of season or recently started but I have no doubts about what we’re capable of doing as a team.”

« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 04:46:09 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #568 on: March 23, 2019, 12:03:35 AM »
DJW: They want to destroy the TTFA! Defiant President responds to frozen bank account with dubious ‘facts’

Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president David John-Williams broke his silence this evening on legal action taken by the National Futsal Team with defiance and a twisted version of events that led to the football body’s bank account being frozen by the courts.

The TTFA’s First Citizen Bank account was garnisheed yesterday after the organisation failed to honour a court order to pay TT$475,743 plus interest at three per cent per annum to 15 Futsal players and five technical staff members for unpaid salaries, match fees, per diems and expenses as well as TT$69,200.82 for the claimant’s legal costs.

The Futsal players and staff were represented in the High Court by Keston McQuilkin and Melissa Keisha Roberts-John while Annand Misir and Janelle Ganness appeared for the TTFA.

John-Williams, in a press statement, claimed that the Futsal court case was part of a debt inherited from the previous administration.

“We at the TTFA have inherited a debt of over 30 million dollars incurred by the previous administrations,” stated John-Williams, “and continue the uphill task of addressing that financial situation, while also addressing the ongoing operating requirements of the Association.

“The facts are that while these are not debts created by the David John Williams Administration, they remain the debt of the TTFA.”

In truth, John-Williams’ statement was not factual at all and flew in the face of the High Court judgment delivered by Justice Margaret Y Mohammed. Justice Mohammed declared, last December, that the deceptive behaviour of the John-Williams-led football body was a key factor in her ruling.

“In my opinion it was disingenuous for the [John-Williams-led TTFA] to adopt the position it took with respect to the payment of the monthly stipends, per diem and match fees to the [Futsal] technical staff and the players respectively,” stated Justice Mohammed, “since based on the [TTFA’s] conduct, it actively led the [Futsal Team] to believe that nothing had changed and that the [TTFA] would have honoured the oral agreement made by Mr Tim Kee on behalf of the [TTFA].

“[…] In cross-examination, Mr John-Williams’ evidence on this issue was entirely discredited.”

John-Williams said the TTFA could not pay off its creditors and suggested that the controversial Home of Football project was the answer to the problems without offering any details as to how the almost completed facility—itself already mired in court action—would help the football body to address its debts in the short term.

“This matter at hand has to be dealt with in the same manner as other matters of a similar nature that we have dealt with over the past three year period,” stated John-Williams, who also owes an array of former coaches and staff including Stephen Hart, Russell Latapy, Anton Corneal and Sheldon Phillips. “Unfortunately the funding is just not there at this time to service these debts, but we at the TTFA continue to soldier on.

“Hence the reason for emphasis on completing the Hotel and the Home of Football, which will be a major income generation project not just for football but will change the face of sport in Trinidad and Tobago.”

Despite claiming to be unable to meet his financial obligations, John-Williams went on to apparently slam the very creditors whose patience and sympathy he must rely on to keep the football body afloat.

“We are very mindful of those whose sole agenda is to destroy Trinidad and Tobago football by their actions,” said the TTFA president, “but under no circumstances shall they derive such a result.

“The TTFA has [sought] to embrace all persons and resources who we have determined willing to rebuild football in Trinidad and Tobago, and will continue the work necessary to achieve success with the administration of football in Trinidad and Tobago.”

The 15 Futsal players who succeeded in the legal action against the TTFA were: captain Jerwyn Balthazar, Kevin Graham, Adrian Pirthysingh, Colin Joseph, Kerry Joseph, Jameel Neptune, Ishmael Daniel, Anthony Small, Kevaughn Connell, Keston Guy, Kareem Perry, Jamel Lewis, Noel Williams, Bevon Bass and Cyrano Glen—whose elder brother Cornell Glen was one of 13 Soca Warriors who successfully sued the TTFA in the landmark ‘2006 World Cup bonus dispute’.

The technical staff members were: Clayton Morris (head coach), Ronald Brereton (manager), Sterling O’Brian (assistant coach), Perry Martin (goalkeeper coach) and Brent Elder (trainer).

Morris, the captain of the iconic 1989 Strike Squad team, said the Futsal team were forced to take action after being continually disrespected by John-Williams.

“I’ve played football all my life and it leaves a bitter taste to have to take the governing body to court, just to demand respect,” said Morris, “for people who gave up family time and so much of their lives to do something positive for their country.

“These are players who sacrificed four days a week, three hours a day to prepare. Sometimes while they are training, their children are at the sidelines doing homework. [Guy] had a newborn baby and sometimes the mother would be there breastfeeding at 10 in the night while we trained.

“And for them to turn around and disrespect us in that way…”

(Full statement by TTFA president David John-Williams)

Documents on the action taken by persons who have approached the court to have instructions issued to freeze the bank accounts of the TTFA last Friday was received on Monday March 18th 2019 by the TTFA

We at the TTFA have inherited a debt of over 30 million dollars incurred by the previous administrations and continue the uphill task of addressing that financial situation, while also addressing the ongoing operating requirements of the Association.

The facts are that while these are not debts created by the David John Williams Administration, they remain the debt of the TTFA.

This matter at hand has to be dealt with in the same manner as other matters of a similar nature that we have dealt with over the past three year period.

Unfortunately the funding is just not there at this time to service these debts, but we at the TTFA continue to soldier on, hence the reason for emphasis on completing the Hotel and the Home of Football which will be a major income generation project not just for football but will change the face of sport in Trinidad and Tobago.

We are very mindful of those whose sole agenda is to destroy Trinidad and Tobago Football by their actions, but under no circumstances shall they derive such a result.

The TTFA has sort [sic] to embrace all persons and resources who we have determined willing to rebuild football in Trinidad and Tobago, and will continue the work necessary to achieve success with the administration of football in Trinidad and Tobago.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #569 on: March 25, 2019, 12:29:24 AM »
TTFA president John-Williams speaks out.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Pres­i­dent of the T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion David John-Williams said up­on his elec­tion in­to of­fice he of­fered cur­rent Pres­i­dent of the Su­per League – Kei­th Look Loy, – the op­por­tu­ni­ty to serve as part of his ex­ec­u­tive when he won the TTFA elec­tions in No­vem­ber 2015,” I called Kei­th Look Loy, and asked him to be part of my ex­ec­u­tive very ear­ly on and he told me no, and that if he was of­fered a chance to work in the kitchen for the TTFA, he would not ac­cept.”

John-Williams made the state­ment dur­ing an in­ter­view on i95.5FM on Sat­ur­day night while speak­ing An­dre E Bap­tiste on his Is­ports pro­gramme, about the state of foot­ball in the coun­try and ad­dress­ing con­cerns dur­ing his three and a half year term so far.

He said, "When we came in­to pow­er, we in­her­it­ed over $21 mil­lion TT in debt, which we found af­ter the au­dit­ed ac­counts were fi­nal­ly done for pri­or years to our ap­point­ment, and as we speak we have since done au­dit­ed ac­counts for 2016 and 2017 both com­plet­ed and now un­der­tak­ing 2018,”

He said, "Just last week, we re­ceived an­oth­er claim for work done pri­or to be­ing elect­ed to of­fice and again I nor the Board had no pri­or in­for­ma­tion. There's al­so an­oth­er claim we are deal­ing with for over $15 mil­lion which was signed off by a pre­vi­ous pres­i­dent of the Foot­ball Fed­er­a­tion. There are a lot of fires that we are hav­ing to out be­fore we even start.”

“How­ev­er, I am not about giv­ing up, we have a task ahead to put T&T Foot­ball back in or­der in terms of fi­nances, that is why the Home of Foot­ball is ex­treme­ly im­por­tant in that re­gard, as a rev­enue earn­ing cen­tre and we ex­pect to open this fa­cil­i­ty by the end of May," ex­plained John-Willaims.

John-Williams al­so re­spond­ed to a judg­ment won by Look Loy re­lat­ed to the – Home of Foot­ball say­ing, “We will en­sure that the judg­ment that was hand­ed down will be ful­filled and the stat­ed in­for­ma­tion passed on to Kei­th Look Loy, we are not cer­tain, why this mat­ter reached all the way to the courts, be­cause a lot of what was asked for, we have re­vealed in our meet­ings last year with a doc­u­ment on the home of foot­ball list­ing all the mat­ters, but we have no prob­lem with show­ing the re­quired in­for­ma­tion, as we are very con­fi­dent in all our process­es.”

With ref­er­ence to the freez­ing of the TTFA Bank Ac­count fol­low­ing a rul­ing of the Courts, John-Williams said, "This again was in­curred pri­or to our ap­point­ment and if one looks at the in­for­ma­tion, there is no doc­u­men­ta­tion, a lot of the in­for­ma­tion is word of mouth, in terms of con­tracts and com­mit­ments, but we have ap­pealed that and it will be heard on April 4th.”

John-Williams, the for­mer own­er of lo­cal pro club W Con­nec­tion, stat­ed, that 95% of the cas­es brought against the TTFA at present are re­lat­ed to mat­ters pri­or to 2016, and in a lot of cas­es, we just did not have the mon­ey, or could not find records or fig­ures to sub­stan­ti­ate the claims, and we have to en­sure that all doc­u­men­ta­tion is in place, so we have to be vig­i­lant in this re­gard.”

With all that, the TTFA has faced and with re­gards, all the blame placed on his, John-Williams ex­pressed cau­tion about whether he would seek an­oth­er term in of­fice when his first term ends in No­vem­ber. He said, "I have not made up my mind as yet, let us wait and see. I have a job to do and I al­ways com­plete any task that I am giv­en and I love foot­ball.”

“Look­ing ahead to the Gold Cup in June, we have some oth­er warm-up match­es com­ing up and that will as­sist Den­nis and the team, it was a good fight­ing per­for­mance against Wales giv­en all that is go­ing on, but I be­lieve like the rest of the Board that Den­nis is the man to lead us in foot­ball, that is why we agreed to re­new his con­tract, there were per­sons that want­ed cer­tain in­for­ma­tion to be made pub­lic but Den­nis came and gave his strong thoughts and fair opin­ion and all was set­tled in that re­gard. Mem­bers of the pub­lic are call­ing on the TTFA to stage match­es in here, but we have no mon­ey for that. , We trav­el abroad be­cause our ex­pens­es are picked up by the host­ing coun­try. That's the main rea­son we play out­side of T&T.”

1]; } ?>