March 28, 2024, 11:04:52 AM

Author Topic: David John Williams Thread.  (Read 121655 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: David John Williams Thread.
« Reply #600 on: September 21, 2019, 10:32:21 AM »
WATCH: TTFA President David John-Williams in a second straight one-on-one with Fazeer Mohammed on Morning Edition

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/htC1hG0sT4Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/htC1hG0sT4Y</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 21, 2019, 12:47:43 PM »
"We in­tend­ed to pay off the out­stand­ing debt to the play­ers with the gov­ern­ment sub­ven­tion and move for­ward."

San­cho said their debt es­ca­lat­ed fol­low­ing their suc­cess­es in the 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17 where tons of monies were spent on the do­mes­tic com­pe­ti­tions, and to com­pete in the CFU and CON­CA­CAF clubs tour­na­ments.The club is al­so owed well over a mil­lion dol­lars in earn­ings from the pro league, which San­cho said, was used by the league to as­sist oth­er clubs fi­nan­cial­ly.
"

Stopped at 5:48. Maybe someone can answer some questions please
1,2,3,4. Did Central ever receive their prize money from league for the 3 years in question ? Are they the only club to not recieve prize money ? Were'nt they the only club that didn't receive government assistance in a couple years ?
If yes, why wasn't player paid with such? If no, how can they pay their players ? How do other clubs manage payment without prize money or government subvention ?
5,6. Did the league sponsor the club to represent the various intl competitions as a representative of the league and T&T football ?
If yes, then what expenditures is Sanch referring to, that did not affect the other clubs domestically, If no, then where would money come from to travel to competitions as representatives and pay players ?
7,8,9. why can't players be paid with this current government subvention that TTFA has - with proper proof of course, what is it for then ? Is Pro League now under the control of the TTFA or not ? why isn't the Pro League managing it's financial affairs itself, is the TTFA their accountants ?

man, it's hard for me to keep up. maybe i keep only listening to part of the conversations...will try to listen more

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #602 on: September 23, 2019, 01:07:25 AM »
Fact checking DJW: Hart problems, star gazing and why fans, stats and players—but not Lawrence!—are to blame.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

On Friday, Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president David John-Williams sat down with TV6 Morning Edition host Fazeer Mohammed to discuss the state of football in the twin island republic.

“I am not here to defend a coach, I am not here to defend an association,” said John-Williams, “I am here to talk the truth and the facts…”

So was John-Williams true to his word? Wired868 reviews some key excerpts of his interview.

Pity you let go of that Stephen Hart fellah eh? He was pretty decent, right? Especially if you look at our current results…

John-Williams: “The TTFA never fired Stephen Hart, there was a mutual parting of ways…”

Eh? Hart helped put the axe in his own back? Wired868 decided to let Hart bat for himself here and phoned his attorney, Keith Scotland.

Scotland: “That was absolutely not so. We say ‘yes’ he was fired, and wrongfully so as well… I don’t think the TTFA treated him fairly and coach Hart would love for justice to be done. But I cannot speak too much because this matter is before the courts…”

Sounds more debatable than fact then, eh ‘DJW’? Well, Hart took Trinidad and Tobago to two consecutive Concacaf Gold Cup quarterfinals—he is the only coach after Bertille St Clair to lead the Soca Warriors into the tournament’s knockout stage—and a top 50 FIFA ranking, so maybe your view of the former coach has softened over the past three years…

John-Williams: “We failed to qualify for the Gold Cup under Stephen Hart directly and under Tom Saintfiet; and we lost our first three games in the Hex. So our football was in a downward spiral… Obviously Hart was loved by certain sections of society but, when you look at it, our football was going downhill. Our results were not happening.”

Ouch! And what do you mean by: ‘certain sections of society’?

For the record, Trinidad and Tobago only qualified for the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup by virtue of Hart getting them into the last Hex. An accomplishment that Lawrence will almost certainly fail to emulate.

But didn’t Lawrence lose seven straight games—an all-time Trinidad and Tobago losing record? Doesn’t he hold two of the country’s five longest winless streaks ever? His current run of 11 games without a win is one bad result shy of tying the record for impotent coaching.

So, if three straight losses got Hart sacked, why does Lawrence still have a job?

John-Williams: “Nobody has taken into consideration that we have been playing top 50 opposition…”

Wait… what? Okay, so Iran (23), Wales (24), Japan (33) and USA (22) were top 50 opposition; although the first four nations played weakened teams against T&T—unlike when Argentina faced Hart’s Warriors with Lionel Messi, Angel Di Maria and Javier Mascherano on the field.

But the other five nations that the Warriors faced were: Thailand (115), Canada (78), Panama (74), Guyana (178), St Vincent and the Grenadines (176) and Martinique (unranked).

So why aren’t we doing better against the likes of them?

John-Williams: “It is not possible to play the majority of [our] games at home because of our financial position…”

It is more difficult to get a result on the road than at home. And Lawrence has played just 34 percent of his games in Trinidad—10 from 29 internationals.

Wait, how many games did Hart play at home? Twelve from 43 games? But that’s only 28 percent? Ahmmm…

John-Williams: “Dennis is a professional coach; well trained, well schooled… I think a lot of people are judging Dennis on pure results… but I have watched them play—particularly against Martinique—and I can tell the team is well prepared. They are not executing.

“[…] In football there is the performance and there is the result. I see, one, the performance and, two, the results.”

But when the Warriors failed to defeat Costa Rica, Honduras (away) and Martinique (with a half-dozen Europe-based players in their squad), you held Hart responsible.

Who has to answer when Lawrence fails to get a win against the likes of St Vincent and the Grenadines, Thailand, Guyana and Martinique (with only one professional in their ranks)?

John-Williams: “At the end of the day, the players have to take some responsibility for their performances… The player quality is not as we had before. Our players are not playing in the top leagues around the world again […] and we are competing with the likes of United States and Mexico… We are punching way above our weight class.”

We are punching above our weight class under Lawrence with a FIFA ranking of 101 while we were supposedly ‘in a downward spiral’ under Hart yet ranked 65th at the time of his firing?

And, for the record, when Trinidad and Tobago held Mexico 4-4 at the 2015 Gold Cup, Hart had four Pro League players on the pitch: Marvin Phillip, Keron Cummings, Dwane James and Willis Plaza. In contrast, the 68 minutes that W Connection forward Shahdon Winchester played against Guyana at the 2019 Gold Cup was the only time that Lawrence had a home-based outfield player on the field for the entire tournament.

John-Williams: “We live in a society where the success of an organisation is measured by the success of the on the field performances of football teams… I think that is very unreasonable because you have to encompass the entire situation of Trinidad and tobago football as it relates to funding, the availability of footballers and the quality of the footballers.”

We know, we know… It is silly to judge success based on results unless you happen to be a football coach who isn’t named: ‘Dennis Lawrence’.

After 43 games, Hart had a 37 percent win record with 21 percent draws and 42 percent losses. And in competitive games, his Warriors lifted their game to deliver a 44 percent win record with 20 percent draws and 36 percent losses.

Lawrence’s overall record from 29 games is 17 percent won, 28 percent tied and 55 percent lost. While in competitive action, his team performed even worse with 15 percent of games won, 23 percent tied and 62 percent lost.

But who cares about results these days right? So what else have you got?

John-Williams: “We have moved the asset base of the Football Association from $197,000 to $100 million… [The Home of Football] is going to be the biggest achievement for the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association after qualification for the Germany 2006 World Cup!”

You think the second biggest achievement in Trinidad and Tobago’s football history is a… hotel? And a Home of Football project that had no feasibility study to justify the outlay in the first place, suffers from a chronic lack of transparency and, according to general secretary Camara David, the TTFA cannot afford to complete?

Is this business about football or real estate?

John-Williams: “Trinidad and tobago football can now compete with the likes of [Florida’s] IMG [facilities]… We are going to host the Under-17 Concacaf Championship in April next year as a result of the Home of Football. And that can bring much needed revenue to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association…”

But Trinidad and Tobago held the Concacaf Women’s Under-20 Championship and lost money. Since when is hosting a Concacaf competition a money-making business for the TTFA?

Didn’t you notice fans aren’t even turning out anymore? That’s because it is hard to admire the facilities when your team is rubbish.

John-Williams: “Do we have true fans here? […] Those same people [let us] win two games and we are the best thing since sliced bread.”

So the fans are the problem now? Not the team’s performances? And not much chance of those wins to transform the mood eh. Lawrence managed two consecutive wins as head coach just once; and those were his first two games in charge against Barbados and Honduras—both in Port of Spain. The more time he spends with the squad, the worse their results.

DJW, how do you respond to those who say, looking at on-field results, your term in office has been a disaster?

John-Williams: “If I have to respond to that accusation in the manner I want to respond, I may be disrespectful and I have no intention to be disrespectful.”

Did you just invite me to imagine the insult you had in mind? That’s a bit passive-aggressive…

Any closing words?

John-Williams: “The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association is 111 years old in 2019. It was founded on July 23, 1908—the day I was born, July 23rd. Maybe the stars were lined up that I had to be president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association.”

Did you just say that your rein was written in the stars? You are the ‘Chosen One’?

John-Williams: “I will tell you what is fact. I was born on July 23, the day the football association was founded. I was elected on November 29, when my dad was 97 years old. So maybe the stars are aligned. I am not electioneering, that is fact. Anything I talk here is fact.”

Can Wired868 suggest a nice symmetry? Why not call the next TTFA elections for 29 November and let the stars speak to you again?

John-Williams: “At the end of the day, I am confident that if I leave office in the morning, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association will be in a much better place.”

Finally, something we can agree on. The TTFA will certainly be better off if you left in the morning—although I suspect it won’t be for the same reason that you think.

Editor’s Note: All the quotes attributed to TTFA president David John-Williams were taken verbatim from his TV6 Morning Edition interview with Fazeer Mohammed on 13 September 2019.

The dictator is a compulsive liar....

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 23, 2019, 08:15:17 AM »
"We in­tend­ed to pay off the out­stand­ing debt to the play­ers with the gov­ern­ment sub­ven­tion and move for­ward."

San­cho said their debt es­ca­lat­ed fol­low­ing their suc­cess­es in the 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17 where tons of monies were spent on the do­mes­tic com­pe­ti­tions, and to com­pete in the CFU and CON­CA­CAF clubs tour­na­ments.The club is al­so owed well over a mil­lion dol­lars in earn­ings from the pro league, which San­cho said, was used by the league to as­sist oth­er clubs fi­nan­cial­ly.
"

1,2,3,4. Did Central ever receive their prize money from league for the 3 years in question ? Are they the only club to not recieve prize money ? Were'nt they the only club that didn't receive government assistance in a couple years ?
If yes, why wasn't player paid with such? If no, how can they pay their players ? How do other clubs manage payment without prize money or government subvention ?
5,6. Did the league sponsor the club to represent the various intl competitions as a representative of the league and T&T football ?
If yes, then what expenditures is Sanch referring to, that did not affect the other clubs domestically, If no, then where would money come from to travel to competitions as representatives and pay players ?
7,8,9. why can't players be paid with this current government subvention that TTFA has - with proper proof of course, what is it for then ? Is Pro League now under the control of the TTFA or not ? why isn't the Pro League managing it's financial affairs itself, is the TTFA their accountants ?

man, it's hard for me to keep up. maybe i keep only listening to part of the conversations...will try to listen more
Check this link which chronicles the various developments in Gov't expenditure in football and proleague audited books: Only in your dreams!!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 23, 2019, 01:35:36 PM »

"

Check this link which chronicles the various developments in Gov't expenditure in football and proleague audited books: Only in your dreams!!
link isn't working !

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 23, 2019, 03:21:46 PM »

"

link isn't working !

That's due to your negativity towards the regime! Haven't you seen the progress he has made? Before we just had one colour, but now there's a bit of red in there too. And did you count the letters? Other administrations could only dream of his organisational skills? Have I told you I've paid for someone to write a really big and awesome post? It's so good other countries will pay to use it, promise. It just happens to be under my account, don't worry about that.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 23, 2019, 06:40:38 PM »

"

link isn't working !

That's due to your negativity towards the regime! Haven't you seen the progress he has made? Before we just had one colour, but now there's a bit of red in there too. And did you count the letters? Other administrations could only dream of his organisational skills? Have I told you I've paid for someone to write a really big and awesome post? It's so good other countries will pay to use it, promise. It just happens to be under my account, don't worry about that.
???  ??? Pass the Kutchie on the left hand side man :mackdaddy:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #607 on: September 24, 2019, 12:34:19 AM »
United Group vs David John-Williams Nov 24.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

The An­nu­al Gen­er­al Meet­ing (AGM) and Elec­tion of Of­fi­cers for the T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion has been set for Sun­day, No­vem­ber 24 at a venue to be de­ter­mined.

The date was an­nounced on Sun­day at the of­fice of the Home of Foot­ball in Bal­main, Cou­va, now of­fi­cial­ly clear­ing the way for par­ties in­ter­est­ed in tak­ing over the lead­er­ship of the sport of foot­ball to get their slates to­geth­er.

At present, in­cum­bent pres­i­dent David John-Williams is on­ly set to be chal­lenged by a unit­ed group, com­pris­ing Kei­th Look Loy, the T&T Su­per League pres­i­dent, An­tho­ny Har­ford, the North­ern Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion pres­i­dent, William Wal­lace, the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL) pres­i­dent, Ray­mond Tim Kee, the for­mer T&TFA pres­i­dent and Cen­tral Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion (CFA) pres­i­dent Shymdeo Go­sine, among many oth­ers.

Strange­ly those mem­bers were ini­tial­ly ex­pect­ed to con­test the elec­tions in­di­vid­u­al­ly, but have in­stead de­cid­ed to join forces to oust John-Williams, say­ing at a press con­fer­ence in Ju­ly, that it was a bold move to save foot­ball in T&T.

On Mon­day, Har­ford told Guardian Me­dia Sports that his group is still to meet to de­cide on the per­sons that will be con­test­ing the dif­fer­ent po­si­tions. "We were wait­ing for the date to be called. I have not yet con­tact­ed any mem­ber of the group but we will de­cide on the po­si­tions clos­er to the nom­i­na­tion date," Har­ford said.

The NFA boss re­signed his po­si­tion on a com­mis­sion ap­point­ed by the foot­ball as­so­ci­a­tion to put in­to ef­fect some rec­om­men­da­tions by UE­FA and FI­FA, that was de­signed to trans­form T&T's top-flight foot­ball league in­to a tour­na­ment sim­i­lar to the Eu­ro­pean leagues.

Af­ter the trans­for­ma­tion, the T&T tour­na­ment was ex­pect­ed to be called the 'T-League', but prob­lems to se­cure mon­ey from Gov­ern­ment and the FI­FA in time pre­vent­ed the T-League from ma­te­ri­al­is­ing.

A re­lease from the TTFA on Mon­day stat­ed that the for­mal con­vo­ca­tion shall be made in writ­ing no lat­er Sun­day, No­vem­ber 10, 2019, which in­cludes the agen­da, the ac­tiv­i­ty re­port, the fi­nan­cial state­ments, the in­de­pen­dent ex­ter­nal au­di­tor's re­port, and the min­utes of the last an­nu­al gen­er­al meet­ing, as well as any oth­er rel­e­vant doc­u­ments.

The po­si­tions of pres­i­dent and vice pres­i­dents will be con­test­ed. How­ev­er, can­di­dates are re­quired to sub­mit their doc­u­ments to the gen­er­al sec­re­tari­at in writ­ing no lat­er than Tues­day 15 Oc­to­ber. "Can­di­dates for the of­fice of pres­i­dent and vice pres­i­dents of the Board of Di­rec­tors must be sup­port­ed by at least one mem­ber. Mem­bers are asked to sub­mit their Del­e­gates as per the TTFA Con­sti­tu­tion, Ar­ti­cle 22, ap­point­ed or elect­ed by their ap­pro­pri­ate bod­ies to the gen­er­al Sec­re­tari­at, no lat­er than Thurs­day 31, Oc­to­ber," the re­lease said.

It was al­so re­quest­ed any pro­pos­al that a mem­ber wish­es to sub­mit to the gen­er­al meet­ing, shall be sent to the gen­er­al sec­re­tari­at in writ­ing, with a brief ex­pla­na­tion no lat­er than Tues­day 15 Oc­to­ber.

Those ex­pect­ed to par­tic­i­pate with votes are the pres­i­dents, vice pres­i­dents, Schools Leagues (Pri­ma­ry/Sec­ondary), Pro League and T&T Su­per League mem­bers, Ref­er­ees As­so­ci­a­tion, Re­gion­al As­so­ci­a­tions, T&T Beach Soc­cer As­so­ci­a­tion, Wolf and the Vet­er­an Foot­ball Foun­da­tion.

RELATED NEWS

No decision on TTFA presidential candidate.
By Jelani Beckles (Newsday).

THE United Slate, including vocal TT Super League president Keith Look Loy and Northern Football Association president Anthony Harford, has not made a decision yet on who will aim to unseat current TT Football Association (TTFA) president David John-Williams at the elections, on November 24. However, the group remains committed and will unveil their plans for T&T football after nomination deadline on October 15.

In July, Look Loy and Harford, along with presidents of various football bodies in T&T announced that they planned to form the united slate in order to save T&T football from further despair.

Some of the other members of the United Slate are former president of the TTFA Raymond Tim Kee, president of the TT Women’s League Football Susan Joseph-Warrick, president of the Central Football Association Shymdeo Gosine, president of the Secondary Schools Football League William Wallace and former TT Pro League chairman Sam Phillip.

Harford said the United Slate has been busy formulating plans leading up to the elections. “We have been focussed on trying to do some research on what we feel will be required to bring some stability back to the football. We have made no decision (on who is going up for presidency.) The one decision we made is that whoever from the group is selected to be the president – the rest of us will support that person.”

Harford said they will give more details on their plans after October 15. “We want to unveil what our plans are after the nomination when we are introducing our candidates. We have actually formulated some plans...all our delegates have committed themselves fully to being faithful to the stakeholders and to the game.”

Look Loy has stated he would not put his name up for elections, but he is in full support of the United Slate and whoever attempts to unseat John-Williams.

Look Loy said, “I will support them. I am helping to, along with others, obviously prepare the platform of the group...and I will be helping them to campaign, to speak to people and to leaders in the other areas of football. I will be very active, I just don’t want a post.” The TT Super League president said meetings are held constantly. “We have been meeting regularly ever since. We won’t start now, that has been an ongoing process.” Local stakeholders and TTFA members have criticised the TTFA and its president for their decisions. They have questioned the transparency and accountability including the lack of information concerning the construction of the Home of Football in Couva. Attempts to contact John-Williams proved futile.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 12:36:42 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 24, 2019, 09:00:07 AM »
Really!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 24, 2019, 12:10:15 PM »

I am 100% for the removal and ousting of DJW but the new President and his team must also have a long term plan on T&T football recovery in the aftermath of hurricane DJW. Its one thing to remove him but even more important that we replace with something better.

Attracting private business investment is very important because the President has to be a good negotiator, he cannot just depend on the Sports ministry for all funding. Youth development is very important, talent recruitment at home and abroad is very important, a new coach one that understand the uphill battle and one that is a proven success, of course we want the TTFA to understand the coach will need their full support in every area so he can have the tools to implement his football system. We need a TTFA that understand professionalism, meaning players and coaches have to be paid and paid on time, travel documents, coordinating match dates, match ticket availability and sales, passport for players are ready..all these things should be managed easily.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 20, 2019, 08:33:05 PM »
WATCH: TTFA President David John-Williams interview on the Home of Football. The Home of Football is supposed to generate revenue that will help in the development of football in Trinidad and Tobago.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/98C-4gUtEjI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/98C-4gUtEjI</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #611 on: October 21, 2019, 02:08:34 AM »
WATCH: TTFA President David John-Williams interview on the Home of Football. The Home of Football is supposed to generate revenue that will help in the development of football in Trinidad and Tobago.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/98C-4gUtEjI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/98C-4gUtEjI</a>

I can’t watch that clown... I don’t know how some of allyuh could sit thru it tbh
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 01:00:07 AM by Controversial »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 22, 2019, 02:23:20 PM »

I can’t watch that clown... I don’t know how some of allyuh could sign thru it tbh

Yuh never been to a circus?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #613 on: October 24, 2019, 01:05:38 AM »

I can’t watch that clown... I don’t know how some of allyuh could sign thru it tbh

:D :D

No bruh, I haven’t, and don’t intend to, don’t support animal cruelty...

Watching the dictator is worse than watching alex Jones...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #614 on: October 24, 2019, 01:08:39 AM »

What happen to Aldwyn, like he don’t know what going? I now see it’s macgill interview the dictator

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #615 on: October 31, 2019, 01:50:45 AM »
John-Williams yet to decide on re-election.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

After four years at the helm of the TTFA…

AFTER four years at the helm, president of the TT Football Association (TTFA) David John-Williams is yet to make an official announcement regarding the impending TTFA elections, which is scheduled for November 24.

Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) president William Wallace is leading the United TTFA slate and Terminix La Horquetta Rangers owner Richard Ferguson have both declared their intentions to unseat John-Williams as president.

John-Williams, the former president and owner of local football club W Connection, replaced Raymond Tim Kee as TTFA boss on November 2015.

Asked yesterday if he’s looking for another four-year term as president, John-Williams responded, “I’m sure that announcement will come in due course.”

When will that announcement be made, the TTFA head replied, “That’s the best kept secret.”

According to the TTFA constitution, the local governing body have up to ten days before its Annual General Meeting (AGM) and elections to confirm the proposed candidates.

John-Williams’ reign, thus far, as TTFA head has been dominated by three major issues – the Home of Football project, the performances of the national teams and debts the local governing body has been unable to deal with.

HOME OF FOOTBALL

The US$2.5 million Home of Football, at Balmain, Couva, is located next to four local sporting facilities – Ato Boldon Stadium, National Cricket Centre, National Cycling Velodrome and National Aquatic Centre.

The project comprises of training fields, a sports and entertainment centre and a 72-room hotel.

On September 13, during an interview on the TV6 Morning Edition, John-Williams said, “We expect to open it on the first week of next month for business.”

He continued, “We were planning to open it in April of this year. We got a garnishee from the Futsal Association freezing our bank accounts. FIFA withheld our funding (but) people say this is timed for our opening.

“We have an income generation process with an entertainment centre, which is separate from the hotel. We can develop a national academy. We have six training fields, three already completed. We have a facility where all our kids can train regularly. We don’t have to worry about where we’re going to eat and where we’re going to sleep.”

The 72-room hotel was used by the four participating teams (TT, Cuba, Suriname and Grenada) during the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Under-14 Girls Challenge Series.

Asked yesterday about the official opening date for the Home of Football, at Balmain, Couva, John-Williams responded, “The announcement will come in due course. We’re testing the facility right now.”

Another test the facility is dealing with is a court matter, as United TTFA member Keith Look Loy, who is also the president of the TT Super League, took legal action over the Association’s reluctance to disclose documents relating to the construction of the facility.

In March 2019, Justice Ronnie Boodoosingh ordered the TTFA to hand over documents on the construction of the Home of Football to Look Loy. However, Look Loy admitted noticing a number of discrepancies in the general ledger, including payments he knew ought to have been made not being included.

Look Loy claims the TTFA was unable to provide documents for the majority of the money spent on the project, while some of the unaccounted funds might have been used in cash payments, without formal contracts.

PERFORMANCES OF THE NATIONAL TEAMS

While many will say the coaches and the administrators do not play the game they are ultimately held accountable for the performances of the teams – especially at the national level.

Sadly, none of the T&T teams have made any improvement during John-Williams’ tenure as TTFA president.

The most notable is the men’s team, coached by Dennis Lawrence, who are currently on a 14-game win-less streak, the worst in T&T’s football history.

Barely 1,500 supporters turned up at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo on October 10 to watch a meek T&T team lose 2-0 to Honduras in the Concacaf Nations League. In addition, winger Levi Garcia and wing-back Mekeil Williams were sent off during a heated encounter.

T&T subsequently lost 2-0 to Venezuela on October 14 and, as much as he’s heavily defended by the TTFA boss, it seems a mystery as to how Lawrence can survive so long without a victory, at the international level, since September 2018.

The women’s team, with Shawn Cooper as coach, had a miserable campaign at the Concacaf World Cup qualifiers in the US last year, while the 2019 crop, coached by Stephen De Four, were unable to progress to the Concacaf Olympic qualifiers.

The men’s Under-15, Under-17 and Under-20 teams and also the women’s Under-17 and Under-20 teams fared no better in their respective Concacaf World Cup qualifiers.

And, on Tuesday, the T&T Under-14 women’s team finished as runners-up, to Cuba, at the CFU Challenge Series.

DEBTS

During an interview at the Home of Football on April 5, John-Williams spoke on the financial issues that the TTFA has faced since he took office, including lawsuits from the previous administration.

“Since I took up office, from day one, it was a blow,” John-Williams said then. “We had a players’ strike within five days. We had to pay (former T&T Under-17 women’s coach) Even Pellerud or else face elimination from World Cup qualifying. We’ve had a series of stuff, a series of court judgements. There were players (and) coaches with outstanding salaries. A lot of things are going to come out in the public domain.”

He continued, “Under my tenure as president, it has seemed very controversial (but) I beg to differ. But the old people say when they’re criticising you is when you’re doing something good. At the end of the day, you’ll see who’s telling the truth. “People tend to be critical but they’re not seeing the positive things. It’s just that this president doesn’t talk because it’s not my business to beat my chest. I’m doing my job to the best of my ability.”

John-Williams was speaking in relation to the appeal filed by the TTFA in the High Court, over the matter involving the national Futsal team. On December 13, 2018, in a High Court ruling, the Futsal team was awarded $475,743 plus interest at three per cent per annum, along with legal costs, after suing the TTFA for unpaid salaries, stipends and match fees for their participation at the 2016 Concacaf Futsal Championship in Costa Rica.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #616 on: November 20, 2019, 01:34:45 AM »
John-Williams: ‘We’re getting the job done’

MERE days before the TT Football Association (TTFA) executive elections, which is set to take place on Sunday, the Home of Football, located at Balmain, Couva, was opened after an hour-long ceremony yesterday.

The function was staged in front of the 72-room hotel facility, with Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley, FIFA president Gianni Infantino, Concacaf boss Victor Montagliani, Sport and Youth Affairs Minister Shamfa Cudjoe, and members of the sporting fraternity (predominantly football) in attendance.

With Local Government elections in the air, John-Williams borrowed a tagline from the People’s National Movement (PNM) to aim towards his critics.

“At the risk of breaching any copyrights to your party, Prime Minister, let me say this administration is ‘getting the job done’,” said John-Williams, as he concluded his welcome address.

The US$2.5 million Home of Football is located next to four local sporting facilities – Ato Boldon Stadium, National Cricket Centre, National Cycling Velodrome and National Aquatic Centre.

The project comprises of a hotel, a sports and entertainment centre, and training fields.

TTFA presidential candidate Richard Ferguson was in attendance, but no member of the United TTFA slate showed up at the function.

United TTFA member Keith Look Loy, who is also the president of the TT Super League, took legal action over the Association’s reluctance to disclose documents relating to the construction of the facility.

In March 2019, Justice Ronnie Boodoosingh ordered the TTFA to hand over documents on the construction of the Home of Football to Look Loy. However, Look Loy admitted noticing numerous discrepancies in the general ledger, including payments he knew ought to have been made not being included.

Look Loy claims the TTFA was unable to provide documents for most of the money spent on the project.

John-Williams said yesterday, “While many would expect me to beat my chest and campaign on the facility, I would do no such thing.”

Reflecting on when he replaced Raymond Tim Kee as TTFA president four years ago, John-Williams said, “We considered it a priority to restore our administrative dignity and reputation with FIFA and Concacaf, and the Government, as well as corporate T&T, from the shambles we met in 2015. We have now ensured that our audited financial reports are up to date.

“We have put in place sound governance systems which allow our suspended FIFA funding to be restored, and improve our credibility with our stakeholders,” he added. “FIFA believed and supported our vision.”

During his speech, John-Williams expressed his gratitude to the people who supported the venture, including Infantino (through the FIFA Forward programme), Government (in terms of providing the land), the contractors, suppliers, corporate sponsors, TTFA staff and the Sports Company of T&T (SporTT).

“This 72-room facility, along with the new training fields and associated facilities, along with the income generated project, to the front of the Ato Boldon Stadium, positions the TTFA to the pole position to rise from the ashes,” said the TTFA president.

“While I share some of the disappointments of the senior team’s performances, I also recognise we are in the rebuilding stage. This Home of Football is a step in the right direction. It now allows us to switch gears to continue the development we have already started, that would now allow us to produce world-class footballers.”

Infantino, who was making his third visit to T&T (he turned the sod for the project to start on May 2017), mentioned, “I thank you, Prime Minister, for giving the land to David John-Williams, who had a dream, and this dream became reality. I’ll like to thank Victor for accompanying us (and) David for making it happen.”

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 20, 2019, 04:50:36 PM »
well boy!!!
I pity the fool....

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 21, 2019, 03:49:40 AM »
John-Williams: ‘We’re getting the job done’

I supposed "Job TTFA paid for is completed to contractual obligation" wouldn't have the same ring to it.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 05, 2019, 07:09:49 AM »
John-Williams blames credit union for election loss
By Narissa Fraser, Newsday

VENTURE Credit Union (VCU) says ex-TT Football Association (TTFA) president David John-Williams is blaming it for his failure to retain his post at the association's recent elections.

The TTFA's elections and annual general meeting (AGM) were held, on November 24, at the Home of Football in Balmain, Couva.

Secondary Schools Football president William Wallace defeated John-Williams to become president, while Clynt Taylor, Susan Joseph-Warrick and Sam Phillip earned the positions of first, second and third vice-presidents respectively.

A senior official from the credit union has said John-Williams' lawyer, Anand Misir, wrote to the union claiming it damaged his client's reputation by "leaking" private information.

On November 20, the credit union announced a judgment against the former TTFA boss for a $23 million loan payment had been handed down on November 18. Co-operative development commissioner Andrea McKenna awarded judgment for $23,540,269.

The official had told Newsday the company was willing to levy on John-Williams if the debt was not paid off.

Speaking with Newsday on Wednesday afternoon, the official said John-Williams had promised to visit VCU to discuss moving forward but had not done so up to that time.

The union suggested meeting on November 21, but the official said Misir opted for November 25 instead – the day after the TTFA's elections.

The official said the union is not to blame as it tried to communicate with John-Williams before the elections.

"He said we breached confidentiality and it caused him to lose, we damaged his local and international reputations and gave him a bad name."

The official said in response to the letter, the company sent John-Williams and his lawyer a cease-and-desist letter. This type of letter is one of caution, which requests another party to stop a particular action, and indicates that legal action will be taken if it is not obeyed.

On November 7, John-Williams’ name appeared in a newspaper notice on a debt-recovery issue. The notice said the credit union was seeking information on his whereabouts. There were similar notices for other customers.

Asked for a comment that day, John-Williams told Newsday, “Politics. (They) can’t find me? What utter rubbish.”

The official told Newsday it should be clear there was no "personal attack" on John-Williams, as the procedure is part of basic protocol.

"It is not specific to him. We have had to do this (notices) for so many people as well.

"We don’t manipulate anything. It's based on their timing and decision of the commissioner. There was not anything that influenced it to happen at the same time."

The official said the union had asked John-Williams "several times" about what the money was used for. While he has continually denied it was used for the affairs of the TTFA, the official said the company had still not been told how it was used.

The official referred to chapter 81:30 (70) of the Co-operative Societies Act, which says a person, who is granted a loan by false representation or other corrupt means, or "wrongfully withholds or misapplies it" is liable to a fine of $2,000 and imprisonment for a year.

The official said the company is still willing to levy.

Newsday contacted Misir for a comment. He said questions should be directed to John-Williams.

On November 27, John-Williams told Newsday, "Please respect my privacy. I am out of football and need my time and space after four years."

Wallace told Newsday he had no comment.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 05, 2019, 07:16:33 AM »
Jack said or boast(take your pick) that he mortgaged his house to do TTFA business. A page out of JW book of tricks.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 05, 2019, 09:22:25 AM »
Jack said or boast(take your pick) that he mortgaged his house to do TTFA business. A page out of JW book of tricks.

I won't speculate. I am inclined to respect his privacy (apart from any lingering questions that arise regarding his time in office).

However, it is curious that the financial institution is asking what the money was used for. Would not that have been specified in the loan application/agreement?

The financial institution's question, as to whether the loan was applied to TTFA business, presents an intriguing question. Why would a president of the TTFA secure a private loan to satisfy TTFA operations? Entirely odd that that question or possibility would be ventilated by the financial institution. Maybe we will find out eventually why they mooted that concern.

Of course, it's curious that the former president would conclude that the financial institution was responsible for swaying 6 votes towards the current president? Scratch "curious". The more appropriate description is "deluded".

As the financial institution's treatment of the matter is represented to have followed, and complied with, accepted procedures, it's not clear that blazing a trail to the courthouse in opposition to the credit union's actions, will produce a positive ruling in favour of the debtor.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 05, 2019, 11:10:54 AM »

"He said we breached confidentiality and it caused him to lose, we damaged his local and international reputations and gave him a bad name."

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:....you cyah make this shit up
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 05, 2019, 04:36:44 PM »
The fat boss is not an anomaly on that island, there are many people pushing that dotish head who’s staple diet consist of blaming others. where would trinidad be without the blame game.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The house that David buil
« Reply #625 on: December 22, 2019, 10:29:14 AM »
The house that David built
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday)

DAVID John-Williams’ tenure as president of the T&T Football Association (TTFA) came to an end on November 24, when he was defeated by 26 votes to 20, by William Wallace, in the executive elections at the Home of Football, Balmain, Couva.

It is ironic that John-Williams’ reign as head of the local governing body ended at the building which he opened, with great fanfare, on November 18 – with the Prime Minister, Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs Shamfa Cudjoe, FIFA president Gianni Infantino and Concacaf president Victor Montagliani as the main dignitaries.

A day after the elections, the TTFA announced in a media release that the much-heralded 72-room Home of Football had been closed, since it was uninsured and uncertified by the Fire Service.

With the Home of Football of no use for the time being, one wonders about John-Williams’ legacy during his time as TTFA president, after he replaced Raymond Tim Kee on November 29, 2015.

Less than a year into his tenure, the 57-year-old John-Williams made it clear he was looking for higher heights as he decided to contest the post of president of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU). However, he was beaten 18-12 (with one abstention) by the incumbent Gordon Derrick of Antigua/Barbuda.

John-Williams began his time as TTFA president with three deputies (vice-presidents) – Ewing Davis, Allan Warner and Joanne Salazar.

Warner resigned in mid-2016, after perceived differences with John-Williams, and Salazar made her exit in September 2018 for “personal reasons.”

The Salazar issue was made worse when general secretary Justin Latapy-George claimed he was ordered to keep her departure a secret. Latapy-George’s contract with the TTFA was not renewed, and he made way for Camara David in March 2019.

John-Williams, the owner of local football club W Connection, was regularly criticised by board member Keith Look Loy over his style of leadership, decision-making and combative personality, and Look Loy had to resort to taking legal action to get documents pertaining to the construction of the Home of Football.

A week before the TTFA elections, the local governing body was ordered to pay ex-national men’s team coach Stephen Hart $5 million for wrongful dismissal, unpaid salaries and bonuses, by a judge in the Port of Spain High Court.

Hart was fired on November 29, 2016, after TT struggled in the initial stages of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Concacaf Zone Final Round Qualifiers.

Weeks before the ruling, John-Williams insisted in a media interview that Hart was not sacked, but there was a mutual parting of ways.

Hart, the former Canada coach, was replaced by Belgian Tom Saintfiet, who was publicly told by John-Williams that he could suffer the same fate if T&T failed to advance to the 2017 Concacaf Gold Cup.

T&T were unable to progress to the Gold Cup. Saintfiet left before he was pushed, and ex-national defender Dennis Lawrence came on board in January 2017. At the time of writing, Lawrence is still the T&T coach, despite a record of only six victories from 36 matches.

The TTFA shifted its office from the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo to the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva, but there were rumours during the past year about late payments, and even non-payment of salaries to staff.

John-Williams boasted during last month’s election campaign that he reduced the debt he inherited as TTFA boss from $30 million to $18 million, but that was countered by his replacement, Wallace who on Wednesday issued a media release which mentioned its current debts which stand at a minimum of $50 million.

John-Williams insisted that proposed T League (a merger of the Pro League and Super League), was doomed to fail since, according to him, both parties could not come to an agreement in time.

However, in November, the TTFA organised a League of Champions tournament, featuring ten teams, including a national youth team, that only played one round of matches before it was put on hold by the Wallace administration.

The public became disenchanted with events off and on the field, and their displeasure was evident at the Ato Boldon Stadium on November 10 when barely 500 fans showed up to see TT’s record 15-0 win over Anguilla – a result which described by John-Williams as “phenomenal.”

The game was originally scheduled for November 11 but was shifted due to FIFA regulations.

Ironically, there were no consultation with the Pro League nor the Super League, as there were matches, simultaneously,in the First Citizens Cup and the Terminix Super League.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #626 on: September 11, 2020, 05:19:08 PM »
Caption this photo allyuh.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 06:32:39 PM by Flex »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 11, 2020, 05:43:25 PM »
Burkie dead?!!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 11, 2020, 05:55:56 PM »
David John Williams  dem eyes expression say it all pardna !  ;DIt's like yuh saying wait nah ,  yuh come all de de way here on de golf course to ask meh all dem questions ?  Yuh mean yuh couldn't wait until later hoss !  Nah David John Williams we cyar wait ........ As a matter of fact we have a lot more questions fun yuh ! Be ready fatman be ready .... in de mean time play yuh golf !  A lot more to come stay tuned !

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 12, 2020, 07:42:23 AM »
More detailed story about the HOF

https://guardian.co.tt/news/money-trail-to-panama-6.2.1207069.3d34d72e58

Mark Bassant

Lead Editor, Investigative

With the help of forensic investigators, Guardian Media unravelled a financial trail leading to a Panamanian bank account which seems to have been opened by former T&T Football Association president David John-Williams in April 2017.

Using an email address used by John-Williams for many years, forensic investigators conducted a legal data analytic trace.

The email address allowed the investigators to pin down communication with any bank in their database, including any bank in Panama or elsewhere in the world.

Their search flagged an account with a Panamanian bank called BPR Bank, SA.

Located in the financial district of Panama City, the bank only started operating in Panama in 2016.

Doing a deep dive with personal information about John-Williams provided by Guardian Media, the investigators reported that, “We have reason to believe that Mr David John-Williams is in possession, and or associated, with a bank account at this bank which has in excess of US$1.5 million.”

On April 1, 2017, the bank account was created and on the same day US$279,742.62 was deposited into it via a payment order, according to the information the investigators obtained.

This is bearing in mind that at some point in early 2017, FIFA gave the TTFA US$2 million in funding for the Home of Football project in Couva. At the same time, the association’s finances were in serious decline.

On August 15, 2017, another payment order of US$249,640.20 was deposited into the BPR account. In four months, a total of US$529,382.82 was deposited into the account. Sometime in 2018, the forensic investigators said, US$1 million was also deposited into the account in one transaction.

Guardian Media also obtained information about two Panamanian companies, SOREG INC. and COLSOL Investment Corporation, in which John-Williams appeared as a director.

According to forensic investigators, the deposits in the BPR bank account came from those two companies.

According to Panama’s public registry, SOREG INC was formed in 1975 and COLSOL Investment Corporation in 1977.

Forensic investigators and another reliable source verifying the information said both companies are defunct - SOREG dissolved and COLSOL Investment Corporation was suspended.

Someone named David Apollnaris John-Williams, the same name as the TTFA’s former president, is listed as a director and secretary in these companies, according to forensic investigators.

Why? Because they said it likely made it easier for John-Williams to open an account with BPR Bank SA, since his name was listed on the Panamanian companies.

What the forensic experts concluded in their report to Guardian Media was that if COLSOL Investment and SOREG were used for the transactions to the BPR account “a predication of an off-the-shelf offshore scheme may exist.”

Usually registered through a company formation agent before being transferred to the customer, an off-the-shelf company, or ready-made company, is a pre-registered limited company that was never traded.

What this means, according to investigators is that COLSOL and SOREG were likely used as a conduit to facilitate the transfer of the money into the BPR bank account in Panama, allegedly owned by John-Williams.

“Forensic investigators established you opened the account in early April 2017 and then made a deposit through a payment order to the account for US$279,000, and then on August 18th, another payment order deposited US$249,000,” Guardian Media asked to John-Williams near his home at the Sevilla Golf Course, in Brechin Castle, Couva on Tuesday (September 8).

“To my bank account? ... It’s laughable. I hope you can produce the evidence,” John-Williams said in response.

“During the investigations they discovered the money came from two companies - SOREG Incorporation and COLSOL Investment, where they said you were listed as a director and secretary, and it seems the money came from an account with these business names that were defunct. They alleged you inserted your name into these companies and later transferred the falleged you inserted your name into these companies and later transferred the funds to the bank account you set up. Whose money is that?” Guardian Media then asked.

He laughed.

Finally, we asked John-Williams, “Why did you decide to open an account in 2017 in Panama?”

Once again, he laughed.

Hidden loan and
second tranche

When the newly-elected TTFA board assumed office in November 2019, then-president William Wallace asked FIFA’s Chief Member Associations Officer about FIFA’s Forward Development Programme funding for the period 2019-2022.

But FIFA’s Veron Osembo-Omba failed to inform Wallace that former president David John-Williams had already received the funding in January 2019, well ahead of time.

That money remains unaccounted for.

Also unaccounted for is a CONCACAF loan that John-Williams was granted in May 2017.

Like the second tranche of funding, no one knew that John-Williams received the CONCACAF loan. The loan, unknown to the then TTFA board, came a month after the Panama bank account was opened.

It also came only a few months after FIFA gave the TTFA US$2 million of Forward Funding money and approximately US$1.2m in annual operational costs - US$700,000 in January and US$500,000 by July of that year.

The CONCACAF promissory note, obtained by Guardian Media, showed the signatures of CONCACAF General Secretary Phillipe Moggio and John-Williams as the loan’s borrower.

The loan’s agreement stated: “The use of proceeds of the amounts borrowed hereunder shall be solely for administrative, technical and operational expenses of the borrower (TTFA), including preparation and travel of the borrower’s national teams to official CONCACAF or FIFA competitions and which have been pre-approved in writing by the lender. None of the proceeds will be used for any other purposes.”

As part of the agreement, TTFA had a maturity date of 30 days to repay the amount, or as stipulated, after this date, interest was to be accrued annually.

Three years later, this loan has not been repaid, with the interest sending the association into deeper debt.

In December 2019, just a few months before a FIFA Normalisation Committee replaced the TTFA administration under Wallace, CONCACAF’s Chief Financial and Administration Officer Alejandro Lesende wrote to Yale Antoine (TTFA administrative officer) indicating the outstanding debt from 2017, with interest, stood at US$662,988.04.

Given the TTFA’s already precarious finances, Lesende was reluctant in lending the money, according to CONCACAF insiders. However, he decided to grant the loan on the condition that it was to pay off people owed money by the association.

Guardian Media obtained a breakdown of the parties who received partial payments:

Ex-national manager Stephen Hart received US$70,000 for 2016.

Former national manager Dennis Lawrence was paid US$20,000.

Out of the money originally assigned to Lawrence, however, some was paid to technical staff and a few national players for a portion of their match fees.

According to TTFA and CONCACAF insiders, most of the loan intended for operational use was diverted to the Home of Football project instead, leaving creditors in a quandary.

Asked why he decided to take out the CONCACAF loan, John-Williams declined to comment.

“Did you short change Trinidad and Tobago football and the people of this nation, Mr Williams?” Guardian Media then asked.

He again declined comment.

When the last TTFA board came into office in late November 2019, they attempted to dig into the financial dealings that occurred during John-Williams’ tenure.

On February 2, 2020, Wallace wrote to FIFA’s Chief Member Association Officer Veron Mosengo-Omba inquiring about the FIFA Forward Funding for 2019-2022.

Dismissively, Mosengo-Omba responded saying, “We are aware of the financial situation and existing debts of the TTFA. However, in order to have a holistic view of the financial situation of the TTFA, we will send a joint mission of FIFA-CONCACAF which will be comprised of financial experts to work with the FA, so that we can have clarity, and to work with you for the next move. In the meantime, we can only release funding directly related to competition/tournament preparation, as we have been doing so far.”

But when Guardian Media previously spoke to John-Williams for another story in May this year, he sent us a letter from FIFA signed by Mosengo-Omba outlining that FIFA was pleased to announce their entitlements under the FIFA Forward Programme for $2m for the years 2019-2022 - a second tranche that was given in an election year when a new TTFA president (Wallace) was later chosen.

In other words, John-Williams received two tranches of FIFA Forward Programme money in 2017 and 2019. Usually, monies are given under this programme every four years. The question remained why Mosengo-Omba failed to tell Wallace, in his letter in February this year, that the FIFA Forward Programme for the next four years had already been disbursed in January 2019?

One month later, in March, a FIFA Normalisation Committee under Robert Hadad took control from the Wallace-led TTFA board.

There remain a few questions about the dealings between the John-Williams board and members of the FIFA executive.

Last October, in an interview with UK journalist Paul Nicholson, then TTFA member Selby Browne hinted that should John-Williams lose the TTFA election, FIFA would remove the new board and install a Normalisation Committee.

Was the FIFA Normalisation Committee a way to cover up transgressions committed during the reign of John-Williams?

With FIFA’s Congress due on September 18 and the TTFA facing possible sanctions for taking the current dispute over the Normalisation Committee to court, will FIFA probe allegations of corruption, or rather will T&T football face its darkest moment without the full truth coming to light?

Time will tell.

With reporting by
Joshua Seemungal

1]; } ?>