March 28, 2024, 03:51:40 AM

Author Topic: David John Williams Thread.  (Read 121616 times)

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: David John Williams Thread.
« Reply #630 on: September 12, 2020, 08:10:03 AM »
Let. It be known as a decree anyone with a surname beginning with "W" should in no way be allowed access to the operations or finances of the TTFA

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: September 12, 2020, 09:07:26 AM »
Caption this photo allyuh.

How dee modder ass he find out that boy? this lil boy int betting he’s a jumbie na. oh god I feeling to shit mayself now. jeezan ages boy.  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 09:09:39 AM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: September 12, 2020, 09:30:25 AM »
This reminds me of when i was in standard five where my close class mates and I stole comic books from a store down town, the teacher found out eventually and returned the books to the proprietor. that evening when i went home my mother greeted me with a smile and asked “did you enjoy your comic books sticky fingers?” well right away my whole inside was tied in a knot, not to mention I lost my appetite immediately.

that incident is reminiscent of the fat boss’s facial expressions, if I was to be honest, that is exactly how I felt where every nerve in my being froze and i lost interest in what I was doing, the only thing mattered was to get far away and hide.  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 09:33:54 AM by pull stones »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #633 on: September 13, 2020, 12:12:10 AM »
United TTFA blames John-Williams for local football woes.
By Jonathan Ramnanansingh (Newsday).

MEMBERS OF the ousted TT Football Association (TTFA) executive have blamed the fraternity’s former president David John-Williams (2015-2019) for the sport’s current state of affairs.

The removed administrators William Wallace, Clynt Taylor, Susan Joseph-Warrick and Joseph Sam Phillip, alongside Anthony Harford (Northern Football Association president) and Keith Look Loy (TT Super League president) – all members of United TTFA – expressed this in a media release on Saturday.

United TTFA said after Wallace was appointed TTFA president in November 2019, an evaluation of TTFA’s assets was conducted by the new executive. Their findings allegedly unearthed gross financial mismanagement by the previous administration.

United TTFA believe their removal from office and installation of a normalisation committee by FIFA, four months later, was strategic.

They said, “The necessary assessment of TTFA finances in the immediate aftermath of our election victory brought facts to light that some wished to remain under cover of darkness. The revelation of these facts...provoked an oppressive reaction by FIFA – the imposition of a so-called normalisation committee.”

United TTFA also said prior to the November 2019 TTFA general election, they and TTFA board members outlined a list of questionable practices conducted by John-Williams’ camp, particularly surrounding the Home of Football project.

They claim to have highlighted these issues to FIFA’s head official for Africa and the Caribbean and project supervisor, Veron Mosengo-Omba, during his visits to the facility but were not satisfied with his response.

United TTFA added, “FIFA was either guilty of gross ignorance of its own regulations and, therefore, gross mismanagement, or it was guilty of gross negligence and complicity in the actions of John-Williams.

“United TTFA concluded from the onset that FIFA imposed its normalisation committee to prevent the forensic investigation that had been ordered by the TTFA board, and to cover up all of John-Williams’ financial challenges.”

They believe the normalisation committee is an extension of FIFA attempting to "shield John-Williams."

They claimed John-Williams is an adviser to normalisation committee chairman Robert Hadad.

United TTFA continues to deem the normalisation committee an “illegal” entity, the basis of their court case against FIFA, which gets under way in the TT High Court on Monday.

The group of football administrators affirmed their stance to “not bow to FIFA” and declared the efforts to remove Wallace’s team, a “victim of John-Williams’ actions.”

United TTFA called for Hadad’s resignation, the removal of the normalisation committee and mandatory recognition of TTFA’s elected officers.

Additionally, they have requested that FIFA “begin talks with the said officers to devise a joint approach to existing issues."

Wallace’s team called on the Prime Minister and Minister of Sport to “approach FIFA in support of TTFA in this initiative."

They also called on regional associations to unite in support of their cause.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: September 13, 2020, 06:20:10 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/__r_fDYZD1Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/__r_fDYZD1Q</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: September 13, 2020, 07:31:26 AM »
There is reason to be encouraged.  :P

SportsMax has assisted in providing an answer to an intractable question that has persistently baffled mankind:

When is the "fullness of time" according to David John-Williams?

Rest easy, it appears that the "fullness of time " is to arrive next week --- presuming, of course, it is not influenced by the qualities of Jack Warner's tsunami forecasting.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 07:33:05 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: September 13, 2020, 10:29:03 AM »
Mosengo-Ombo the African and CFU "watchman" granted DJW extra privileges that were suspect.

DJW also got two FIFA payments in four years. Which shows favoritism.

This story came out right at the 11th hour. I think Lok loy and Wallace knew about the misappropriation of funds, and the investigations findings. I always knew that Wallace wasnt stupid enough to fight Goliath without a slingshot.

This story is picking up momentum in the football world. If FIFA bans TT, they will look even more guilty.
Wait and watch. Infantino and Mosengo will throw DJW under the bus to save their arse.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: September 17, 2020, 12:38:52 PM »
There is reason to be encouraged.  :P

SportsMax has assisted in providing an answer to an intractable question that has persistently baffled mankind:

When is the "fullness of time" according to David John-Williams?

Rest easy, it appears that the "fullness of time " is to arrive next week --- presuming, of course, it is not influenced by the qualities of Jack Warner's tsunami forecasting.

Unsurprisingly, DJW has extended the deadline on "in the fullness of time". Apparently he's not in a rush to produce a tsunami of exculpatory evidence. For now, he's focused on defecating deprecating in the strongest terms against any conclusions one might arrive at from the "ambush on the golf course".  (Read his statement).
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 01:13:21 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 17, 2020, 12:45:01 PM »
Caption this photo allyuh.

"Incomprehensible distress - A self-portrait." Bidding on auction for this enduring image suggested at US$1.5m.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 01:23:16 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: September 17, 2020, 01:58:06 PM »
If DJW is charged, FIFA will throw him under the bus. Then he will do the same to them.

Our fate lies in a charge to DJW. Because if he is charged, and FIFA suspends us, then our suspension will look like a punishment for calling out corruption in FIFA. And it will prove that the NC was implemented to protect DJW. Because FIFA had knowledge of what he was doing, or they showed gross negligence by ignoring it.

DJW hasn't said anything as yet. Usually if you are innocent you can reply immediately. It's been over a week and he's still mum.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 02:02:31 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 17, 2020, 02:09:05 PM »
Statement from DJW. I really dont know what evidence he has. Bassant got information from a forensic audit. What else can DJW show that proves a forensic audit to be wrong. Haha

http://www.looptt.com/content/ex-ttfa-president-poised-take-legal-action

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 17, 2020, 02:27:47 PM »
Statement from DJW. I really dont know what evidence he has. Bassant got information from a forensic audit. What else can DJW show that proves a forensic audit to be wrong. Haha

http://www.looptt.com/content/ex-ttfa-president-poised-take-legal-action

DJW is done, he is buying time for FIFA.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 19, 2020, 01:29:00 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/__r_fDYZD1Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/__r_fDYZD1Q</a>
for a top level journalist mr bassant’s communication skills are quite poor. he’s being asked very basic questions and is struggling quite a bit to give clear answers, and this is extremely unacceptable for someone in the media. whatever happened to the educational system in TT? I see this quite often with trinis, especially with young people in public life, who struggle immensely when articulating their views.

this needs to be addressed ASAP, maybe teachers don't put in the effort anymore by taking their class under a school yard tree and having them read individually like they did when I was a lad, I guess dunciness is the new normal in this world. wow.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 20, 2020, 08:57:34 AM »
Why blame the messenger? the journalist is not at fault

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Venture Credit Union still seeking John-Williams
« Reply #644 on: September 20, 2020, 06:06:14 PM »
Venture Credit Union still seeking John-Williams
By Sean Douglas (T&T Newsday)

T&T Football Association (TTFA) former president David John-Williams is being sought by the Venture Credit Union Co-operative Society which issued a paid press advertisement in the newspapers last Friday. He headed a list of 27 individuals being sought by the credit union as outlined in its advert.

The notice, Advertisement for Whereabouts of Members, listed John-Williams as having a last known address of LP #1, Point Coco Estate, Irois Forest, Chatham. The union requested, “The members are asked to urgently visit the office to discuss matters of mutual interest. Anyone with information concerning the whereabouts of the members listed above is kindly asked to contact the following number: 225-4828 extension 268.

“All calls will be kept confidential.” Contacted on Sunday by Newsday, John-Williams opted not to comment. “I’m not giving any interviews because everything has to be referred to my attorneys.” Newsday persisted. John-Williams reiterated, “I am not...everything has to be referred to my attorneys please. Thank you very much, okay.”

Newsday reported on November 21, 2019, that Venture Credit Union said they were willing to levy against John-Williams who was then the TTFA president, if a $23 million loan to him was not paid off. Last October 31, co-operative development commissioner Andrea Mc Kenna awarded a judgement for $23,540,269 to the credit union.

Last November 7, the credit union included John-Williams’ name in a debt-recovery notice in a newspaper, but at that time he had reacted by telling Newsday, “Politics. They can’t find me? What utter rubbish!”

John-Williams had failed to win re-election in the TTFA last November when he was replaced by William Wallace whose own tenure has since been sidelined by the TTFA Normalisation Committee chaired by businessman Robert Hadad.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #645 on: October 14, 2020, 12:25:19 AM »
David John-Williams stands up.
By Paul Nicholson (Insideworldfootball).

Meanwhile David John-Williams, the TTFA president before William Wallace – and who the United TTFA blame for all the problems of their world, endlessly – has hit back at media concerning a TV documentary, that was circulated to members of FIFA by Wallace and his cohorts, alleging John Williams had colluded with FIFA to embezzle money into a Panama bank account.

John Williams has since proved significant elements of that documentary to be factually incorrect and FIFA’s Normalisation Committee chiefs have similarly confirmed there is no evidence of funds being misappropriated and that all money has been accounted for.

This didn’t stop Look Loy and Wallace circulating the documentary to FIFA members as

“I have caused pre-action protocol letters to be sent to various persons in relation to the vile and false allegations against me in various publications and via various media platforms, By means of such letters, I have triggered the legal process against all of these persons. I respect the legal process and now await my day in court,” said John Williams.

Initial pre-protocol letters were sent, among others, to Guardian Media and documentary producer and front man Mark Bassant. John Williams said other letters will follow.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 12:37:07 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 14, 2020, 12:50:26 AM »
Paul Nicholson is a cheerleader of f**kery.

He's also denigrated the country's courts merely because of their geography and his inherited presumptions.

The pre-action protocol letters are intended to silence. They are not indicia of fact triumphing fiction. Perhaps Nicholson is unfamiliar with DJW's enthusiasm for litigation.

The headlines will shift shortly.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 12:52:28 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
David John-Williams incurs $30M debt
« Reply #647 on: October 25, 2020, 11:48:52 AM »
David John-Williams incurs $30M debt
By Mark Bassant (T&T Guardian)

Former T&T Football Association (TTFA) president David John-Williams, who is now facing a criminal probe by police for financial transactions during his TTFA tenure (2015-2019) in connection with the Home of Football project, also has a near $30 million debt weighing heavily on his shoulders. The millions are owed to several businesses including a state entity, according to court documents obtained by Guardian Media.

In October of 2019, the San Fernando High Court handed down a judgment of some $23.4 million to Venture Credit Union and ordered that John-Williams repay the money he was loaned by the institution. A month following the ruling, the credit union had vowed to levy against John-Williams if the loan was not repaid.

It has been exactly a year since the ruling and Venture Credit Union says there has been no attempt by John-Williams to repay the money. This prompted the company to post a newspaper advertisement last month requesting his whereabouts and listing his last known address as LP 1, Point Coco Estate, Irois Forest, Chatham.

The ad was posted a few days before a Guardian Media expose entitled “TTFA’s Secret Panama trail”, in which financial details surrounding the Home of Football in Couva were revealed after a year-and-a-half-long GML investigation. Questions were raised in the investigative documentary about particular business transactions John-Williams conducted during his stint as TTFA president that were connected to the multi-million-dollar facility.

Venture Credit Union debt

In an interview with Guardian Media on September 18, 2020, Venture Credit Union CEO Ramesh Lutchman confirmed that the David John-Williams being sought in the press ad was the former TTFA president.

“In answer to your question yes, it is the same person,” Lutchman said.

Guardian Media questioned the purpose of the list of persons in the ad and Lutchman indicated, “The purpose of the list is to contact our members on matters of mutual interest.”

He admitted that for months now, it had become an onerous task trying to track down John-Williams.

“Venture Credit Union secured a judgment against Mr John-Williams both through the Commissioner of Cooperative Development and the High Court. We have been unable to reach Mr John-Williams, as such we are reaching out to him publicly regarding a matter of mutual interest.”

Guardian Media inquired whether John-Williams had made any attempt to repay the outstanding amount in part or whole.

Lutchman said, “The judgment is public information and is yet to be settled.”

He said up to September 18, John-William had made no attempt to communicate with the credit union or had given any indication of his intention to repay in a timely manner.

“The advertisement is to be continued as we await from all persons listed therein. Our continued course of action is to continue reaching out to members and to pursue all available options for the full recovery of the amount owing.”

Lutchman said the credit union had faced a backlash of criticism by their customers and shareholders alike over this particular transaction. Credit union customers on social media platforms, according to Lutchman, had been asking how they had not been able to locate this particular individual and why they had not been able to levy on John-Williams following the court judgement.

In fact, on October 17 at Venture Credit Union’s annual general meeting, one person asked about details regarding John-Williams’ loans, including who granted the loan and what collateral was offered for the loan when it was granted.

Two days before we spoke to Lutchman, a copy of the judgement was sent to John-Williams via WhatsApp. Guardian Media asked, “Was this settled as yet, Mr John-Williams?” John-Williams read the message as indicated by two blue ticks but never responded.

Sources familiar with the matter said in early October after the publication of the advertisement, John-Williams’ lawyer Anand Misir wrote to Venture Credit Union claiming libellous publication.

Guardian Media understands there were overtures by John-Williams in 2019 through a letter from his attorney to repay the money at some point. But nothing has materialised to date.

The $23.4 million, according to people familiar with the case, emanated from a series of loans taken sometime from 2012 to 2015 by John-Williams. The credit union initiated legal action in 2016 and secured judgment three years later.

Inter-commercial Bank waits too

But this trend does not end there, as Guardian Media discovered during its investigation. There were other judgements handed down by the High Court against John-Williams and none of the money has been repaid to the entities involved to date.

The Inter-commercial Bank, now known as (JMMB), was awarded a judgement against John-Williams on September 22, 2015, to the tune of $1,599,403.99 million. That claim, which Guardian Media obtained a copy of, was re-registered on February 12, 2019, in the High Court. Usually, claimants tend to re-register a judgement so that it will maintain priority over judgements registered by other judgement creditors over the same debtor, in this case, John-Williams.

Guardian Media reached out to a senior representative of JMMB on October 12 to inquire about the status of the judgement. After verifying with the bank’s legal department, the female senior executive, who wished not to be named, said, “We’ve been refiling over the years, that should tell you we have not received any money to date.”

NIB won’t divulge client info

In May 2016, the National Insurance Board was also awarded a judgement by the High Court in the sum of $2,569,929.31 million against defendants David John-Williams and his brothers Patrick John-Williams and Christopher John-Williams.

The judgement stated the name of the person whose estate is intended to be affected was David John-Williams.

This judgement was re-registered in August of 2018 with the figure now standing at $2,730,418.73m, as interest of roughly six per cent per annum is added on to the outstanding amount. Re-registering a judgement effectively means the money is still outstanding and must be done at least every three years to ensure the judgement maintains priority.

On October 12, Guardian Media contacted the office of NIB executive director Niala Persad-Poliah to inquire about whether the NIB had been repaid. A person at Persad-Poliah’s office indicated she was out of office but they would relay the message. On October 22, NIB’s Corporate Communications manager Tricia Clarke contacted Guardian Media about the matter. Clarke said due to client/customer confidentiality “we can’t divulge any information.”

In a separate matter involving the NIB, TTFA employees have alleged that during his tenure as TTFA president, the administration withheld some $4 million due to the NIB and the Ministry of Finance for PAYE, NIS and health surcharge for employees.

Guardian Media also understands two other court judgements were awarded to Massy Machinery Limited in June 2015 (CV2015-00572) in the sum of $493,986.07 and to Gordon Winter Company Limited in February 2011 (CV2009-00731) in the sum of $497,425.40) both against John-Williams. However, we could not ascertain whether these claims had been settled.

No response from John-Williams

Guardian Media sent several questions to John-Williams via WhatsApp surrounding the judgements and if there had been any attempt by him to repay the business entities involved.

The questions were sent twice on October 20 for John-Williams. At 12.37 pm when the questions were first sent, he read the messages as indicated by a blue tick but did not respond. The questions were again sent that day at 7.42 pm. The following day, the questions were again sent at 7.46 am and 10.47 am but there was no response. The questions were again sent twice the following day and still there was no response.

Questions for John-Williams:

Good morning again Mr John-Williams, I hope you are keeping safe. I am sending my questions again.

1. I am asking for the record once again for a story that I am working on as it relates to Venture Credit Union and if any attempts have been made to repay the monies owed after the Public court judgment. Senior officials at Venture speaking on the record said you have not made any payment to date. Can you just indicate if you have or have not?

2. Also, I have spoken to officials at Inter-commercial Bank, which was also awarded a judgement against you in the sum of $1.599m since 2015. They have indicated that they have had to re-register the claim since they have not received any payment to date. Based on this Public court document I have in my possession, can you say if any attempt has been made to initiate payment? A simple yes or no will suffice, please.

3. Also, the National Insurance Board (NIB) was awarded a judgement against you and brothers Patrick John-Williams and Christopher John Williams in May 2016 in the sum of $2.73m. This Public court document which I also obtained shows the claim was re-registered in August 2018. Have you made any attempts to pay NIB since then?

4. Also, have you settled the court judgments awarded to Massy Machinery Ltd in June 2015 for the sum of $493,986.07 and Gordon Winter Company Limited in February 2011 to the sum of $497,425.40? A simple yes or no would suffice since these court documents are all public.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 14, 2020, 03:57:45 PM »
Former TTFA President David John-Williams will speak out for the first time in months... this Wednesday, December 16th from 6:15 am AST on Morning Edition with Fazeer Mohammed.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 14, 2020, 05:43:19 PM »
Former TTFA President David John-Williams will speak out for the first time in months... this Wednesday, December 16th from 6:15 am AST on Morning Edition with Fazeer Mohammed.

That part in bold is consistent with when he was President.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 15, 2020, 07:47:43 PM »
WATCH: Former TTFA President David John-Williams defends himself against the T&T Guardian's "TTFA's Secret Panama Trail" report.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/L9SVB4X7kF4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/L9SVB4X7kF4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 16, 2020, 09:52:21 PM »
WATCH: Former TTFA President David John-Williams responds to allegations made by investigative journalist Mark Bassant

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/osfKpGm42yw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/osfKpGm42yw</a>

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 17, 2020, 08:41:03 AM »
In TnT we know how to spin ah yarn- the amount of bacchanal that does blow up and die down quietly is amazing- this is another one. This too shall pass like so many others:
Former Minister of Sports - AR and all the allegations- what became of that?
Former attorney General Ramlogan- what became of that?
Former Special advisor to TTFA- what became of that?

You see what happening-? Now months later all coolcalm and collected with control  the story unfolds of  layovers in Panama- wait you go tell me it have no direct flights from Jamaica to Trinidad? Flight have to layover in Panama?  Ha ha ha
It so happen to have another person in Panama with the same name?

Yuh don't think that when this news broke that an innocent man would openly declare his innocence and relate these same statements declaring his position?

Oh yes- this is sweet TnT  we like it so

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 17, 2020, 03:54:10 PM »
A riddle a riddle a ree ... How old was the Hong Kong DJW in 1978?

:rotfl:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 19, 2020, 04:39:47 AM »
In TnT we know how to spin ah yarn- the amount of bacchanal that does blow up and die down quietly is amazing- this is another one. This too shall pass like so many others:
Former Minister of Sports - AR and all the allegations- what became of that?
Former attorney General Ramlogan- what became of that?
Former Special advisor to TTFA- what became of that?

You see what happening-? Now months later all coolcalm and collected with control  the story unfolds of  layovers in Panama- wait you go tell me it have no direct flights from Jamaica to Trinidad? Flight have to layover in Panama?  Ha ha ha
It so happen to have another person in Panama with the same name?

Yuh don't think that when this news broke that an innocent man would openly declare his innocence and relate these same statements declaring his position?

Oh yes- this is sweet TnT  we like it so

Well heading to france DJW went through panama also lol is that a route also
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 19, 2020, 10:00:17 PM »
Regardless of Honk Kong, Taiwan , Panama or Timbuktu.
Are funds unaccounted for ? Are there unexplained money disbursements and unlawful splitting of contracts ?  Are there unexplained payments and non-board approved decisions ? Was there improper work and unfinished projects in and around the Home of Football ? Was there no-paymet of staff Salaries and non-payments to creditors and government offices ? Was everything on the up financially and administratively ? Did the debt grow to a substantial amount ?  Who was in charge ? Who made the decisions ? Who bought material in Panama ?
Maybe, one of these guys was hacking into Trinidad and conducting the robbery from afar. What a coincidence.
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/David+John/Williams
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 11:13:25 PM by maxg »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 20, 2020, 08:00:45 AM »
Are funds unaccounted for ? Are there unexplained money disbursements and unlawful splitting of contracts ?  Are there unexplained payments and non-board approved decisions ? Was there improper work and unfinished projects in and around the Home of Football ? Was there no-paymet of staff Salaries and non-payments to creditors and government offices ? Was everything on the up financially and administratively ? Did the debt grow to a substantial amount ?  Who was in charge ? Who made the decisions ? Who bought material in Panama ?
Maybe, one of these guys was hacking into Trinidad and conducting the robbery from afar. What a coincidence.

Ent.

By the way, did you catch his latest version of 'in the fullness of time'? Forthcoming book blah blah blah.

DJW at times casts a pathetic figure gifted with borderline buffoonery.

He appears to believe that he is his best advocate, but there are moments when one has the impression that he would be better served by a surrogate advocating on this behalf ... because he bumbles and stumbles over the massaging he's trying to deliver. He does not appreciate the credibility gap that accompanies him nor does he service the gap with any polish.

Stunning and unnecessary. And really no longer entertaining.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 08:15:42 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 20, 2020, 01:46:23 PM »

Ent.

By the way, did you catch his latest version of 'in the fullness of time'? Forthcoming book blah blah blah.

DJW at times casts a pathetic figure gifted with borderline buffoonery.

He appears to believe that he is his best advocate, but there are moments when one has the impression that he would be better served by a surrogate advocating on this behalf ... because he bumbles and stumbles over the massaging he's trying to deliver. He does not appreciate the credibility gap that accompanies him nor does he service the gap with any polish.

Stunning and unnecessary. And really no longer entertaining.

Yuh know this is trending now eh. Some outgoing Leader of a nation brought it back in vogue again.

There are followers aplenty . . .
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: April 30, 2021, 01:03:51 PM »
Venture writes off ex-TTFA boss David John-William's $23m debt
By Narissa Fraser (T&T Newsday)

VENTURE Credit union is clearing $23 million in debt accumulated by former Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president David John-Williams.

In October 2019, co-operative development commissioner Andrea McKenna awarded the judgment for $23,540,269 to the union. A senior official of the union had told Newsday some of John-Williams’s loans dated as far back as 2013.

The official had said John-Williams had not been responding to any of the union’s queries nor did he contact it. In fact, even in September 2020 the credit union was still looking for him. In a newspaper ad, it John-Williams’s last known address was LP 1, Point Coco Estate, Irois Forest, Chatham, and asked him to “urgently visit the office to discuss matters of mutual interest.”

But in its 2020 annual report, the union said its board had agreed to write off over $70 million in “bad debt.”

“The president advised that this was a way to ‘clean up’ the books. He asked members to note that the debts are not forgiven as the organisation will continue to pursue recovery.”

The report also said, “Whereas Venture Credit Union Co-operative Society Ltd makes every effort to recover bad debts or delinquent loans in pursuance of the recoveries procedure of the society. And whereas Venture efforts to recover 480 accounts valued at the sum of $19,835,829.72 have proven futile.

“And whereas Venture has previously made loan loss provisions which fully cover the amount of $19,835,829.72. And whereas the board continues to pursue the recovery of bad debts or delinquent loans even after they have been written off."

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: April 30, 2021, 02:36:46 PM »
I don't understand how they're so bad at such a basic thing. If you're so incompetent pay a bailiff to do it for you...

1]; } ?>