21 (38.9%)
Clynt Taylor
1 (1.9%)
David John-Williams
8 (14.8%)
Other
5 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: TTFA Presidency Polls; The countdown to election begins.  (Read 75871 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: John-Williams launches his TTFA Presidential Bible for T&T football.
« Reply #120 on: November 21, 2015, 11:47:52 AM »
Just like de ole TTFA, when I see it I will believe it, because all of this to me is just talk.

De last TTFA promise so much including a top class training center and they even get de money from FIFA to do it and nothing.

John Williams want to bring Stuart Charles to coach T&T, soon as Hart lose one or two games or he might even bring him to coach de women team, but either way, Stuart Charles will be involved in T&T football at some capacity and Charles eh bad, he just backward, W Connection does still play like a football team from de 80's.

Everybody want to use our country sports to they own benefit and shop to make money.

He will make sure W Connection players get pick on de national teams so he could sell them to make money for his club.

Ah hope he make me eat my words.

I agree 100% just look at his vice presidents ..........
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: Selby Browne for TTFA President.
« Reply #121 on: November 21, 2015, 12:43:15 PM »
i only watch the 1st 15 minutes. I start off thinking that Selby would be most trustworthy, and that what we really want most is a clean break from all the corruption...we want to have trust that we could and should put our money into TTFA...but this interview, particularly the talk about the gov't being the main "investor" in football...I don't feel this fella smart enough to bring up cutting edge strategies or ideas for taking us where we want to be.  sigh.  hopefully we have a better slate next elections.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 TTFA Presidency Polls; The countdown to election begins.
« Reply #122 on: November 21, 2015, 03:47:44 PM »
I knew Selby from the Malvern days, A decent lad with football on his mind and ideas to take us forward.
 Well we are taking about T&T  and the politics always play a major part in funding and sponsorship.
 With PNM in power and the Minister of Sports  and TimKee in the same bed , it follows that the best bet would be to put back Mr Timkee.
 Having said that , if the new executives are not going with Cap  in hand to beg the Govt and have plans to raise Funds and gain sponsorship , then Selby is the best of the lot.
 If the truth be told is mere exchange with the others. This election is crucial with World cup Qualifiers both with the men and women. We owe it to the players to get it right this time.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 21, 2015, 03:59:58 PM »
De weird thing is, nobody eh go vote for a broke man to run we federation.

So David John might win.

Expect to see Earl Jean and Stuart Charles coach one of our teams soon.

Ramdhan, Taylor, Tim Kee and Browne all broke, without money, ideas is just as good as promises.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 21, 2015, 04:16:20 PM »

Ramdhan, Taylor, Tim Kee and Browne all broke, without money, ideas is just as good as promises.

:rotfl: :rotfl: Breds Tim Kee driving a 500 benz and Ramdhan a BMWx6. That ain't sound like broke to me.
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #125 on: November 23, 2015, 02:43:30 AM »
East gives five candidates a voice.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

THE Eastern Football Association (EFA) will give all five candidates a hearing, before deciding who they will vote for in Sunday’s Trinidad and Tobago Football Association presidential election.

Having been elected unopposed as East president on Friday, Linus Sanchez said the EFA had already heard presentations from TTFA presidential candidates David John Williams, Selby Browne and Ramesh Ramdan.

“We are still to hear from Clynt Taylor from South and the current president Raymond Tim Kee. When we have heard from them, we will sit as a group and decide who were are voting for,” Sanchez said.

Originally from Arima and now a San Juan resident, Sanchez came into Association football when his Boss FC football team joined the EFA in 2009. His slate of candidates was installed unopposed on Friday night.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 23, 2015, 10:16:03 AM »
I knew Selby from the Malvern days, A decent lad with football on his mind and ideas to take us forward.
 Well we are taking about T&T  and the politics always play a major part in funding and sponsorship.
 With PNM in power and the Minister of Sports  and TimKee in the same bed , it follows that the best bet would be to put back Mr Timkee.
 Having said that , if the new executives are not going with Cap  in hand to beg the Govt and have plans to raise Funds and gain sponsorship , then Selby is the best of the lot.
 If the truth be told is mere exchange with the others. This election is crucial with World cup Qualifiers both with the men and women. We owe it to the players to get it right this time.

I agree with this post. Watching the options from the outside he looking like the only one who i really seeing as there for the sport first as opposed to self. He might not be the man to take us to the future but I think he is the best bet to restore confidence in the TTFA for corporate Trinidad to invest and get the organisation running properly. John Williams is a business man and I know ppl figure he in it for money. Ironically, the Referees dont have enough respect within the game to command the organisation and well Tim Kee is tainted.

But I not voting and most people who are tend to look for what the person in charge will do for them as opposed to what is best for all so it  will go to whoever promise the most
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 23, 2015, 11:04:31 AM »

I agree with this post. Watching the options from the outside he looking like the only one who i really seeing as there for the sport first as opposed to self. He might not be the man to take us to the future but I think he is the best bet to restore confidence in the TTFA for corporate Trinidad to invest and get the organisation running properly. John Williams is a business man and I know ppl figure he in it for money. Ironically, the Referees dont have enough respect within the game to command the organisation and well Tim Kee is tainted.

But I not voting and most people who are tend to look for what the person in charge will do for them as opposed to what is best for all so it  will go to whoever promise the most

What coporate ties does Selby have, and what about him gives you confidence that he can lead this organization?  Selby Browne is a relic, both he and his ideas are old.  Having seen him commenting on the situation long before he decided to throw his hat in the ring, it is clear that he had not been keeping up with developments, but rather just lazily parroting what he read in the media.  This isn't a social club, otherwise he might be ably qualified for the position.  This position demands a degree of business nous, the capability to understand budgeting, accounting and no small degree of diplomacy. 

Tim Kee and John Williams appear from the outside looking in to be the two best candidates in this regard, and neither of them are perfect.  Based on his erratic behavior of late I don't really have much confidence in Tim Kee, and John Williams seems deluded enough to not recognize/admit that a clear conflict of interest arises where it concerns his simultaneous ownership of W-Connection, and holding office as TTFA President, should it come to pass.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #128 on: November 23, 2015, 12:34:29 PM »
Selby will not be slated in as TTFA president,there is noway in hell that will happen. He has no professional attitude as well as the lack of knowledge of the modern game and many other negatives.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 03:05:53 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 24, 2015, 04:16:56 AM »
TTFA Candidate Clint Taylor, need to keep his day job of home entertainment systems among others. He is totally lost in the fray; his mindset is in Antarctica. Clint is not good for Football admin biz in T&T period.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 11:15:11 AM by davyjenny1 »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 24, 2015, 07:13:34 AM »
Selby will not be slated in as TTFA president,there is noway in hell that will happen. He has no professional attitude as well as the lack of knowledge of the modern game and many other negatives.

He like Steve David and De Leon and them, bunch of former players who love football but when it comes to modern stuff they have no brain for it, them men still have flip phones, how coulds they run a whole federation.

Them, David Lamy and de rest is like backwards thinking.

And not only that, they broke. We dont need them, they lacking overally, look at Point Fortin CC, they should be de best team in de pro league,,,, they have they own community field and biggest fans base, but de owners lack common sense and marketing skills.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 07:15:34 AM by Sam »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 24, 2015, 02:02:43 PM »
1. If DJW wins I will have no problem, that would be serious progress for Trinbago football considering where it is now.
2. If SB wins, I will have no problem, that would be serious progress for Trinbago football considering where it is now.
3. If CT wins, I worry about competence
4. If RR wins, back to Renraw politics with this character tied to the hip of Jackulito (even in non-football circles), even up till today.
3. If RTK wins, more of the same of secrecy, protection from investigators getting at the books for fear that the trail may lead from Renraw to Scampito, to obstruction of justice  by Uncle Tim. More tiefin', absence of tendering, more cronyism, more nepotism e.g, with alleged website family bobol, low energy, corporate revulsion, more accounts in de red, collapse of womens' football and all under 23's, under 20's, under 17 football, no development, eventual evacuation of Hart. If he wins, however he will feel pressure to perform but less so after elections, as winning seems to be his real incentive for lookin' like he trying to perform.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Ramdhan releases his 12-page manifesto just on the nick of time.
« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2015, 01:44:42 PM »
Ramdhan checks in‏ as election heats up.
By Inshan Mohammed (SWO Media).

Former World Cup referee Ramesh Ramdhan has now presented his manifesto‏ to the T&T public for viewing and, just on the nick of time as election heats up.

With only 4-days left until TTFA presidential election, Ramdhan have dispatched all obstacles he has been having from football clubs in Central Trinidad and will now focus on his main goal of becoming TTFA President.

He said football has been great to him and he wants to pay it back and has a passion to do so and prove his critics wrong.

“Football is my life, my passion, my love. Most of my achievements and rewarding moments in life, I owe to football, Ramdhan said.”

Read all about his vision for T&T football in this full 12-page manifesto.

PDF LINK: - It's time to reboot

« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 01:46:30 PM by Flex »

Offline plain spoken

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ramdhan releases his 12-page manifesto just on the nick of time.
« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2015, 02:03:28 PM »
who u guys think should win the election on sunday

Offline plain spoken

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 25, 2015, 02:10:19 PM »
I have  read Mr ramdhan manifesto, its a good one and i wish him the best the on sunday in the election. However i hope people vote for him or Mr tim kee these men will take the ttfa to another level. Pleas i hope people dont vote for David John-Williams, do your home work locals dont  get jobs wit him.  He prefers foreigners over locals, all his back room staff are St Lucian or Brazilian. , He is a bully who owes players and staff money and doesn't pay .

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2015, 02:30:18 PM »
Just on the nick of time? Could also be seen as 'too late'

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2015, 02:51:55 PM »
I think it is pretty good manifesto. But like everything else are the WHO and HOW. How are they going to make the TTFA financially viable and less dependent on govt. And Who are their financial backers outside of the government.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 25, 2015, 04:37:18 PM »
Good going Mr Ramdhan, its seems DJW and Ramdhan are the only ones advance enough and laying out solid plans, it will be a tight race.

But like a politician, they promise you the world.

If DJW wins that may be the end of players over the age of 28? And that will be a big problem, unless I am wrong, because I listened to his video and he wants to have youths playing like he's currently doing at W Connection, which can be good, but bad to, but I like what he said about having active youth teams, maybe I'm not understanding him correctly.

As for Ramdhan, he seems level headed and people will be stupid to believe he still works and answer to Jack Warner.

It would be nice if both men tie and have no choice but to join forces, we need a collective effort.

I am concern about his involvement with Terry Fenwick though? I know Terry wants to dig his claws at T&T football a while now and it could be the end of Hart? Like Insider said, both of these men have their own staff they want to bring in.

Hart and Waldrum are the best things to happen to T&T football on both the men and women teams.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 04:48:41 PM by Sando »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 25, 2015, 05:30:59 PM »
This TTFA presidential election is supposedly trying to make a major issue clear. Corruption as we know it, as championed by the infamous Renraw (aka Jackulito) along with his crime syndicate, will not be tolerated anymore. To pass the “smell test” as a so-called reforming presidential candidate, the first thing these candidates are doing is showing how much they say they are distancing themselves from the “past”, as a convenient metaphor for Jackulito, if they dare not mention his name. Even the campaign managers and spokespersons are touting their candidate’s eligibility on how much they are against Renraw. It would therefore come as embarrassing  hypocrisy, should it be discovered that any of these candidates are really Trojan horses that have in the past been paid for, signed sealed and delivered by Jackulito’s organizations or have been still linked to any suspicious web of activity, whether in political circles, organizationally, alleged scheming or bobol, that suspiciously have much more to do with other things than the football they claim to be solely interested in.

Any candidate has a right to be involved in politics as I’m sure many of these here have been and in non-football activities nationally too, but when the politics is dangerously & closely tied to a specific contentious Uncle Jackulito as the main protagonist of destruction of our yet-to-be-rescued T&T football, then eyebrows must raise. With minimal effort to vet these candidates, just based on internet data, it is worrisome when the following snippets pop up instantly, before you could finish press search on Google: Text excerpts (you never know, they could just be harmless coincidental news) are put below the reference links, if you have stomach to read further.

1.   http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2013-10-17/moonilal-seeks-answers-oudit-cordner
…..  called on ILP’s Lange Park candidate Ramesh Ramdan to say if he was the same Ramesh Ramdan who allegedly violated customs laws in 2005-2006 for illegally importing rum and was later charged thousands of dollars. Moonilal said  if it was not the same person he would apologise to Ramdan, but he wanted Ramdan to explain ….

2.   http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,186101.html
…. Last Friday, ILP leader Jack Warner said his party should appoint the Mayor and Deputy Mayor because it received the most votes in the electoral districts of the CBC.
However, Warner’s efforts may hit a snag because a petition with over 600 signatures from ILP supporters has been sent to him indicating that they are not in favour of his aldermen nominees, Ramesh Ramdan and Indra Jagassar Maharaj.

3.   http://worldreferee.com/referee/ramesh_ramdhan/dyk
Jack Warner, good friend of Sepp Blatter, corrupt football official according to many (FIFA vice-president, president of CONCACAF) and Deputy Political Leader leader of the United National Congress (UNC), must be an important man in Ramesh Ramdhan's life. Not only could he talk to Blatter about having a ref from T&T at the World Cup, he also was the one to appoint him alderman and into what could be a political career.

… "It is sad to see what Trinidad politics has come to. Such an individual as Ramdhan as an Alderman. With numerous court cases in his past where individuals sueing him for monies he dishonestly took from them; cases where the for. These are all in the public domain, and Trinidad and Tobago Customs and Excise Division investigaed him for fraud, and subsequently charged him yet he prances around as a representitive."

Ramesh Ramdhan left his job at customs in 2007.
In a local match in 2004 a certain Marvin Phillip spat on Ramdhan and Ramdhan retaliated by kicking him. The player was banned and fined and the referee later said this was the only thing in his career he regretted. ….

I have to stop now as meh belly beginnin’ to hut meh. So, to SP (Sweetie Paper), maybe RR is a good fellah eh, and as suggested by  SP, hardly could be beholden to the main man Uncle Renraw, but these articles make me nervous about his true independence, associations and motives, especially when not admitted forthrightly.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 06:47:30 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 25, 2015, 07:09:37 PM »
While I am tempted to call him a Jack Warner stooge, I wouldn't go so far, since I don't know the exact extent of their relationship, but I know that despite Sweetiepaper's denials, the relationship there is longstanding.

That aside, Ramdhan is clueless... this so-called manifesto reveals as much.  It is empty campaign speech and it speaks to how little we expect from people in public and quasi-public office that folks here are actually praising it.

Institute Good Governance and Structure

What is wrong with the present "governance and structure"?
How does he propose to change it?  Because whatever governance and structure there is, it is constitutionally mandated.  The only way to change it is to change the Constitution, which cannot be modified at this present point because:

1. They literally just changed the Constitution
2. That change was mandated by FIFA to bring it into compliance with FIFA's own statutes.

So to change the Constitution would be to make it non-compliant with FIFA's statutes which would result in the TTFA being suspended.

So put another way, Ramdhan only talking shit, any changes to present "governance and structure" would result in a FIFA suspension.  Then again, maybe that is exactly what Jack angling for.

Establishment of a Proper Home (Office) for TTFA

What is improper about the home office at the HCS?  Can the TTFA afford to pay rent elsewhere in Port of Spain?  Or anywhere else?  If the MoS is offering office space for free, is moving somewhere else where you'd have to pay rent the best use of limited resources?

Ensuring World Cup Qualification

How??  How can anybody "ensure" that?

- Formation of Relevant Sub-Committees

Again... this goes to "governance and structure".  Not only is this redundant (maybe he should call it his "eleven point manifesto") but again it cannot be done without incurring suspension.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #141 on: November 26, 2015, 02:53:25 AM »
Browne wants to return T&T to CONCACAF No 1.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

If you want to see a return to the ‘Glory Days’ of T&T football vote for Selby Browne.

The Veteran Football Federation (VFF) president is promising to implement policies that will lead to a complete overhaul, redirect, refocus and ensure proper governance and transparency in the sport that will eventually propel T&T football to the number one position in the CONCACAF region.

In his plan, Browne revealed that once he is elected president when the T&T Football Association (T&TFA) Annual General Meting (AGM) and Election of Officers on Sunday, he would implement polices that would move the sport forward. He said: “It cannot be business as usual. I will bring my vision to refocus, restructure and re-engineer football in T&T for the next generation.”

These policies include; No major chance to the constitution or rules of the association will be made solely by the president or the Board of Management without appropriate and meaningful consultation; Strict adherence to the TTFA’s constitution, rules and operating procedures.

He added that this also includes the holding of general meetings, AGM, elections, production of timely audited financial accounts, presentation of annual reports and ensuring that member associations, leagues and clubs adhere to the constitution. Browne wants to see the strengthening of associations and clubs and ensuring that leagues, tournaments and competitions are properly organised and managed.

He will also place emphasis on the Secondary schools which he believes must play with the adult clubs in their regional associations to displace the gap between secondary schools football and adult national competitions and thereby providing opportunities for schools footballers to be fixtures on national teams on a 30 per cent basis.

Among Browne’s policies are: A technical director being introduced and assigned to each regional association with a responsibility for developing and managing training programmes for kiddies, youths and adult footballers and making recommendations to national teams. He sighted the need for the appointment of a technical director to the T&T Pro League with specific responsibilities to establishing a team that would provide analysis of matches, assessment of the performances of players with respect to their strength, employment of skills and training etc which would help clubs with their product development.

He promises to conduct a critical review of the league structure for football in T&T to determine the merits of integration, promotion and relegation in a tiered system; Conducting a financial audit and introduction of an internal auditor and chief financial officer as well as the establishment of a proper financial management system.

He will be calling on the regional associations, leagues and clubs and implementing strict policies to prevent the TTFA president or any member of the board of management from using the association resources for their personal use.

A man who is well respected in football through-out the region, Concacaf, Europe, Asia and Africa for his stance against corruption in the sport, Browne explained that his new administration and structure will be refocus to ensure proper technical development from the primary school level within the communities to professionalism in the regional associations, the Caribbean and around the world at large.

He made it clear his campaign is about the product of football; the major asset of the TTFA, the footballers; about football for the next generation; about providing better conditions for footballers; about ensuring that national footballers are not distracted by off the field administrative blunders; about ensuring accountability and transparency throughout the association, the league and the club levels as well as embracing the development of the sport at the primary schools and community levels and ensure the best is on the field.

He reminded all of the glory days in which T&T defeated Mexico 4-0 in the 1974 World Cup Qualifiers in Haiti and then followed up that performance by scoring five goals against Haiti in Port au Prince but had four disallowed by the officials. T&T eventually lost the game 1-2 while referee Jose Enrique of El Salvador and linesman James Higuet of Canada were banned for life by the world governing body for football- FIFA.

In reminiscing about the glory days of the sport, Browne pointed out that Haiti moved to the number one spot in the Concacaf region when it should have been T&T and later explained that five T&T players Kelvin Barclay, Selris Figaro, Everald ‘Gally’ Cummings, Warren Archibald and lethal striker Steve David were named on a CONCACAF All Star team afterwards.

He is calling on all clubs, leagues and associations to support him, noting that because of his background as being a strong individual with a passion and knowledge of all aspects of football in T&T, the Caribbean, the Concacaf and globally, that he is well able to discern what is required to take T&T to its former glory as well as provide a vision to strengthen the administration, the associations, the leagues, clubs and improve T&T’s ranking in the Concacaf.

He also wants a chance to seek financial security for the embattled association and the sport which he explained will come from an improved product. He added the sport must attract meaningful sponsors and investors and cannot be dependent on financing from government, CONCACAF and FIFA.

Browne feels that the return of T&T football to a highly rated, attractive and entertaining product with footballers marketable based on their mature sociable appeal, against the background of well managed matches, leagues, tournaments and events would facilitate a meaningful return to television rights values that would augment the financial attractiveness of the TTFA.

NAME: Selby Browne
ASSOCIATION: Veteran Football Federation
PROFESSION: Businessman

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #142 on: November 26, 2015, 03:10:04 AM »
TTFA candidates to debate tonight.
T&T Express Reports.

Four of the five candidates vying to be president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) will engage in a debate tonight.

The podium style debate will be televised live on WI Sports (Flow Ch.14) and will take place between eight o’clock and nine-thirty at the VIP Lounge of the Hasely Crawford Stadium. The moderator will be well-known sports commentator Fazeer Mohammed.

Five persons have declared their candidacy for the post of president.

Incumbent president and Port of Spain mayor Raymond Tim Kee, is challenged by W Connection president David John-Williams, Veteran Footballers Foundation of Trinidad and Tobago (VFFOTT) vice-president Selby Browne, 2002 World Cup referee Ramesh Ramdhan and Clynt Taylor, third vice-president of the Trinidad and Tobago Referees Association.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 26, 2015, 05:24:27 AM »
 Clynt Taylor, going and get mash up by de stalwarts.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2015, 05:28:34 AM »
Browne wants to return T&T to CONCACAF No 1.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

He reminded all of the glory days in which T&T defeated Mexico 4-0 in the 1974 World Cup Qualifiers in Haiti and then followed up that performance by scoring five goals against Haiti in Port au Prince but had four disallowed by the officials. T&T eventually lost the game 1-2 while referee Jose Enrique of El Salvador and linesman James Higuet of Canada were banned for life by the world governing body for football- FIFA.

In reminiscing about the glory days of the sport, Browne pointed out that Haiti moved to the number one spot in the Concacaf region when it should have been T&T and later explained that five T&T players Kelvin Barclay, Selris Figaro, Everald ‘Gally’ Cummings, Warren Archibald and lethal striker Steve David were named on a CONCACAF All Star team afterwards.

living in the past is alot of what is wrong with sport development in trinidad, dis ole man need to go home and sleep all I feeling from he vibe wise is regression
I pity the fool....

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 26, 2015, 05:58:20 AM »

So old people ent people too ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2015, 06:07:16 AM »

They old.

These ole men want to rule everything, they dont listen and they living in de past..

Gally and DeLeon and Archie and David had they time, them need to stop talking bout glory days, you need money now,,, money talks....

No times have change and football to.

These ole men dont have de brain for these type of wok now.

Look how poor Point Fortin is run and they have all de ingredients to be a top successful team, de field, de support, etc, etc.

Let them ole men stay right day.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2015, 06:28:56 AM »

Don't know if is d up bringing or the culture, but some people who born in a certain era never mentally leave dat era, and are often prone to sticking to outdated ideas and procedure even when they clearing no longer work, I would have no problem with older folks in this country running things IF......IF they were naturally progressive in their thinkin and mindset but I don't know if is culture or what but we seem to get stuck at a certain age and a certain decade.....some frustrate progress jus to try an stay relevant rather continue the process of learnin to stay relevant.... tell me that team dat get rob in '74 wha happen to dem in 78.... 82...onwards

In this country nostalgia does stall progress not help it, yuh does see it day in day out.

again, is d culture

« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 06:38:51 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2015, 07:35:49 AM »
It's said if you know not where you are from,how can you know where you are heading
Age is not the issue but ideas,which can aid in your progress is what matters
So easy to be dismissed,when you are afraid to open your mind
To this man it appears good on paper what this elder's vision is,the only issue here is our minds open to implementation,this shit did not happen overnight
This man can relate because he's been there and done that....experience
Thanks for your time
Raspect

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2015, 07:43:47 AM »
It's said if you know not where you are from,how can you know where you are heading
Age is not the issue but ideas,which can aid in your progress is what matters
So easy to be dismissed,when you are afraid to open your mind
To this man it appears good on paper what this elder's vision is,the only issue here is our minds open to implementation,this shit did not happen overnight
This man can relate because he's been there and done that....experience
Thanks for your time
Raspect
I not simply dismissing him because he old, but because he seems to have similar attitudes and notion endemic in our old that I consider anemic to our development
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>