21 (38.9%)
Clynt Taylor
1 (1.9%)
David John-Williams
8 (14.8%)
Other
5 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: TTFA Presidency Polls; The countdown to election begins.  (Read 73521 times)

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 TTFA Presidency Polls; The countdown to election begins.
« Reply #180 on: November 27, 2015, 11:18:17 AM »
I watched the debate last night and I think David John Williams is the best choice despite earlier fears. He has a clear vision and is very straight to the point. He speaks well and will be a good rep for Trinidad and Tobago football at meetings internationally and also in discussion with other FA heads for friendlies etc. His ability to speak clearly and get to the point will be a plus in gaining sponsors and good relations with the Government...likewise Clint Taylor also seems very clear and educated. He also had a nice vision and you can see he cares about T&T football. I will be happy with either of these guys.

Ramesh Ramdhan has a bit of a smart man vybe, he did not seem prepared and his answers were drawn out and scattered. He strikes me as a figurehead type that will just be along for the ride and have his people under him do the work while John Williams and Taylor strike me as hands on people who will be 100% invested.

Tim Kee as we know is a joke. He has to go, he's done some good things but the bad largely outweighs the good and alot of the progress we have seen in his time is largely down to Sheldon Phillips.

Selby Browne as I said earlier is outdated and not the man for this job. He seems very fishy too, got the worst vybe from him during the radio show with Andre and Liburd. He wasnt on the TV Debate.

Let's hope the new president (If Tim Kee loses) is strong enough to make immediate changes within the TTFA. There are a few members of TTFA staff that are very very against change as they are stuck in their ways for many many years. Sheldon Phillips lost his job by trusting these people who worked their way into Tim Kee and turned him against Sheldon...The new man has to cut out the weeds that WILL destroy any new hope.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 27, 2015, 12:14:42 PM »
don't trust DJW but I would be willing to see what happens there, still doh trust him though heard shabbazz has been making representation on his behalf dat alone makes me nervous...Selby Brown seems way out of touch.....Timkee need to take a rest...Ramdan well the less said about him the better
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 12:16:55 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: T&T Warrior Fan Zone's TTFA Presidential Election Special
« Reply #182 on: November 27, 2015, 03:47:17 PM »
 :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 27, 2015, 07:14:05 PM »
Like this election causing shakeup elsewhere. CFA elected Shymdeo Gosine as its president. Former president, Bryan Layne out.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2015-11-27/gosine-new-central-fa-boss

Published:

Friday, November 27, 2015

New CFA president Shymdeo Gosine

WALTER ALIBEY

After more than 20-plus years under the same administration, central football has gotten a new executive. On Wednesday night, at the zone’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Election of Officers at Woodford Lodge, Chaguanas, businessman Shymdeo Gosine was elected unopposed as president of the Central Football Association (CFA) for a four-year term.

He has replaced long-serving president Bryan Layne, who had made it quite clear that he was not seeking re-election to office. In fact, no member of the previous executive under Layne’s leadership contested the elections, which means that Gosine and his entire slate were voted in without a challenge.

Apart from Gosine, Wendell Collymore, of Central Soccerworld, has now become the new first vice president of the CFA, while Allan Logan, of Perseverance United, is the second vice president. Assistant secretary of administration is Jimmy Henry, of Harlem Strikers, and David Ramkhelawan, of the Referees Association, is the assistant secretary of operations.

The two ordinary members are Anthony Job, of Leeds FC, and Raymond Superville, who is a livewire in the Chrisee Trace, Enterprise, area and who usually organises major tournaments. The general secretary, it is understood, will be chosen sometime this week on the advise of the new president. 

Layne and other members of the previous executive were at the venue to hand over the reigns of power. After the election, Gosine immediately hit the ground running by saying an official office at the Hugo Francis Recreation Ground at Woodford Lodge Ground will be constructed and the facility will become the official headquarters of the Central zone.

The new leader of the Central zone also said he has already held talks with the Mayor of Chaguanas about constructing a facility and they will have further discussions on it soon. Meanwhile, Gosine said he has also immediately commissioned a website to be up and running for central zone football and it will be completed by no later than next week.

Gosine, who is the managing director of Harlem Strikers, explained that he did not want to be too hasty and will have to get information on a number of matters before he can go forward. “I am happy that there is finally a change in central football, but my biggest concern is finding out where the CFA is in terms of the books, in terms of how much money is left in the accounts etc and what do I have to work with,” Gosine explained.

The new CFA boss has already embarked on a fact-finding mission, in which a database of all the stakeholders will be done, so that the association can work on making progress.

“This is critical for the association to move on. We must get a database on all the referees, coaches, the players etc and find out what is needed and how to go about introducing and implementing programmes to help them and the area they are in, which will eventually assist the clubs, the league and the sport,” Gosine explained.

Gosine, who has been a major critic of the prize structure in Central football also made it clear that this will definitely be changed for the coming season. In fact, the new CFA boss has said that the team that won the FA Cup will benefit from an immediate increase in the prize money although the competition has already been completed.

“I have already asked the sponsor of that tournament to increase the winning prize from $3,000 to $10, 000 and Nal Ramsingh, has agreed to do so,” Gosine.

The second prize for the FA Cup has also been increased from $2,000 to $5,000 and the clubs will receive this at a prize-giving ceremony set for New Year’s Day.

Gosine said he will open the doors of the CFA to anyone with suggestions that will be helpful to the better running of the organisation and he gave the assurance that individuals appointed to conduct the work of the CFA will be hired based on their qualifications and experience.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 27, 2015, 07:54:27 PM »
ttfa is really a license to print money mr tim kee, you came in and met tt$38. M in debt, that's peanuts, watch how the Syrians print money, they don't jus own carib they own stag too, they don't own one mall they buy up all the malls, they shift the whole scene from st james to de avenue and de blvd, charlotte st alone turns over billions yearly, the very city you are mayor of, something doh smell right, like you an touches paco rabanne have de same thing in common allyuh is imitation...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 27, 2015, 08:29:54 PM »
ttfa is really a license to print money mr tim kee, you came in and met tt$38. M in debt, that's peanuts, watch how the Syrians print money, they don't jus own carib they own stag too, they don't own one mall they buy up all the malls, they shift the whole scene from st james to de avenue and de blvd, charlotte st alone turns over billions yearly, the very city you are mayor of, something doh smell right, like you an touches paco rabanne have de same thing in common allyuh is imitation...

How Syrians printing money come into this?

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ramdhan releases his 12-page manifesto just on the nick of time.
« Reply #186 on: November 27, 2015, 09:11:52 PM »
SP (Sweetie Paper), yuh still dey?
I was looking out for your candidate (if you're still with him) to address the big 18000 pound elephant in the room. Not a whimper. Very very strange.

Imagine trying to reform FIFA and not discussing Sepp Blatter, and the web of connections to Platini, Beckenbaur, Havelange, Renraw, his US buddy Chuck "Chucky" Blazer, Concacaf's Jeff Webb and the list goes on.

So imagine trying to reform TTFA & not discussing Scampito, Rodent and the container-loads of missing funds that were supposed to go towards T&T football development. So business as usual and just, as said in campaign, "reboot" the computer that you just turned off after it froze? Amazing.

Thought we would be hearing about a complete virus scan, change of operating system, loading new software, completely new antivirus & firewall, possibly even new computers. Nothing less. The silence is deafening, and we fans, supposedly priding ourselves in vigilance after having been burned, should be ashamed.
Wow! Hit me with a reply when yuh get a chance, as I could have misunderstood or missed something.
  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Dreamer yuh have meh weak yes.
Truth be told. Been peeping at the site now and then, But this campaigning have me real busy. I proper bun. Didnt know this would have taken so much of my time. This thing worst than a General Elections. And I always knew about the Football politics. But them people in and around football in this country different dread.
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ramdhan releases his 12-page manifesto just on the nick of time.
« Reply #187 on: November 27, 2015, 09:14:32 PM »
So we've wrapped up the campaigning. So I could take some attacks from the site now. All yuh hit me with you'll questions/concerns.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 27, 2015, 09:15:45 PM »

How Syrians printing money come into this?

it's just terminology like saying keys to the bakery, but we do have a Syrian running in this race, and love them or hate them they know how to turn a profit in any situation...

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 28, 2015, 01:27:00 AM »
Here are some recent TTFA Presidential Candidadtes video interviews which I have found.
Take a good listen and decide for yourself who sounds like they will do the best job for T&T football!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Listen to TTFA Presidential Candidate David John-Williams give his vision for T&T football if elected as new TTFA President this Sunday.

Scoreboard 24th November 2015 TTFA General Elections with David John Williams
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/B8ibolDEj28" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/B8ibolDEj28</a>

Listen to TTFA Presidential Candidate Selby Brown give his vision for T&T football if elected as new TTFA President this Sunday.

Field of Dreams with TTFA Presidential Candidate Selby Brown
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qAR_clCr0aU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qAR_clCr0aU</a>

Listen to TTFA Presidential Candidate Clint Taylor give his vision for T&T football if elected as new TTFA President this Sunday.

Field of Dreams Ep 17 - TTFA Presidential Candidate Clint Taylor
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kvNTP2tXeck" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kvNTP2tXeck</a>

Listen to current TTFA President Raymond Tim Kee​ give his vision for T&T football if he is re-elected as TTFA President this Sunday.

Field of Dreams Ep 19 - TTFA President Raymond Tim Kee
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tqGrQaRQ1nQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tqGrQaRQ1nQ</a>
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 11:11:10 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #190 on: November 28, 2015, 07:04:51 AM »
Election time for TTFA.
By Alvin Corneal (Guardian).

Within the next 24-hours, the focus will be placed upon the presidency of the TTFA. Unfortunately, the taste of politics has become the main meal in almost every aspect of our everyday lives, when the ambitious ones aspire to fight for the top position.

In a direct contrast with previous years, the game has reached a stage where prospective candidates aiming to hold the position of president, can appear from almost anywhere and sometimes without any sporting administrative experience.

Having seen the various holders of leadership over the years, it is relatively easy for me to recognize the difference in the general motives of the enthusiastic contenders in today's game. The rush for being the leader comes from people, whose determination to create an identity for themselves, has led them towards seeking to be nominated for the post.

Clearly, they could not possibly believe that there is a large salary involved, except for the chance to travel extensively on football business.

Few give too much importance to the prestige attached to the position, much more than they spend some time to understand the responsibilities which will confront them, take a serious view as to the ways and means to reorganize the management of the Association in order to develop competent sports management skills for the benefit of progress.

The issue is even more complex, because of the disarray in which the affairs of the ruling body has been left, since the removal of the tainted leadership, those who had left the finances, the mysterious operations in areas of executive decisions, annual planning of matches and professional marketing methods. All in total disarray.

We all will remember that the association was literally led by one person, while the others were just like robots taking orders and awaiting their next assignment which brings a daily stipend. Funding was hardly ever well-known through the practice of an accounting system which could  past through the auditors like a well-oiled machine.

Having mentioned that, it is necessary to look ahead in search of some well qualified personnel who will repair the damage which has been done to the administration of the sport for far too long. The incumbent president Raymond Tim Kee accepted the challenge knowing fully well that the task was difficult, complicated and needed to spend much time analyzing the current situation.

It may be well worth making an assessment of the period of his presidency, in order to recognize the true picture. His first obstacle was the enormous debt with which the TTFA were left to face, coming from all areas of the sport. The drive for promised money for some former world cup players by the former TTFA special Advisor Jack Warner was a major factor, seeing that the matter was already in court and a number of players, who were members of the World cup Germany squad, were prepared to do anything, including close down football in the country. They obtained a court order to confiscate any worthwhile items from the office of the TTFA as part of their payments.

The meeting with Tim Kee and FIFA president Sepp Blatter brought some results which allowed the TTFA to make some tangible payments towards the outstanding funds. It was a victory for Raymond Tim Kee and he continued to push for any opportunities to conduct the business of actual football with the limited funding available.

The players were happy, temporarily, but were awaiting any other opportunity to squeeze any funds that appeared available.

It was also noted that many coaches, administrators in the Office of the association were not paid for sometime and in some cases they were thinking of withholding their services.

The TTFA was still paying close attention to the competitive side of the national teams with World Cup tournaments, Gold Cup, and youth and women national teams preparing for tournaments of its own. Through divine intervention and added influence coming from the president, the battle between the government and subventions to finance travel and hotel accommodation to different countries, plotted a tough course which took the national teams through some embarrassing moments.

Let it be known that the president did not shun his responsibility and sought help in many legitimate ways to expose our footballers, men and women, to wear their national colours.

The political obstacle was obvious and obnoxious at times, but the administrators in the TTFA office were diligent in their efforts to get the job done, except maybe members of the executive committee whose appreciation and improved leadership of Tim Kee as president in the first place, was taking the duties of the TTFA in a direction that appeared much more efficient and within the rules of the beaten and battered amendments of the constitution over the years.

The performances on the field by the teams were amazing and brought results in the Gold Cup tournaments in 2013 and 2015 reaching the quarterfinals and semifinals respectively. Our women's youth squad produced an improved quality of play and were on the verge of qualifying for the u17 finals of the world Cup. The same was the case with the senior women team, whose journey to the final was stopped by Ecuador within moments of the final whistle.

The country was proud that our national teams could match the likes of Mexico, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Panama, and took the leading position on the FIFA ranking ahead of all the Caribbean Countries.  Tim Kee literally blazed a new trail for the introduction of competitive Futsal and beach football for the lovers of that type of soccer. He was able to employ a national coach in Stephen Hart, whose career on the field was in Canada, but his love for his country brought him back at the right time.

His success so far has been recognized by dedication, absolute commitment to his job, despite roller coasting which could easily have thrown a weaker person off course. So, apart from these challenges, the task of working with many administrative old-stagers of the past regime, whose  concept of the management of football was to endorse the decisions of the special advisor without having understood the intricacies of sports management.

An unclear constitution which had been amended numerous times within the past thirty-five years, disrupted the process of democracy in the association, divided the voting process in a manner which led to a path painted with unilateral behavior among the leader(s), until the roof fell in and opened a door for a new dawn.

Raymond Tim Kee was responsible for this transformation, despite his Job as mayor of Port of Spain and a most successful agency manager in one of the country's leading life Insurance companies. Honestly, if we were the type of people who approached the duties of our workers before assessing their worth, the re-election of Tim Kee as president would have been a given.

How many times have we been exposed to square pegs in round holes, leaving a vacuum which invites unqualified persons to dream of holding high positions, especially when they appear to be easy to influence. If there were any failures in his stewardship, it would have been his failure to bring a work ethic to the executive committee, all of whom were accustomed to obeying instructions to the letter to someone who did not even have an official position in the regulations of the TTFA.

He also may appear to have been tardy when attending to some dodgy financial activity that took place within the secretariat, but eventually reported the matter to the Police.

Tim Kee needed to recognize the horrible administration of some of the zones where all sorts of irregularities had taken place, regarding player transfers, payment of prize monies to winners of the various divisions for two years and in the case of the EFA the appalling and embarrassing situation of the absence of referees not turning up for matches, although the clubs were required to pay in advance for the referees.

RELATED NEWS

Tim Kee confident despite AGM cancellation rumour
By STEPHON NICHOLAS (NEWSDAY).

Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TT FA) president Raymond Tim Kee says there is no truth to the rumour that Sunday’s presidential election might be cancelled. Speaking to Newsday yesterday, Tim Kee said he heard of the rumour but says he has no knowledge whether it could be true.

“I don’t know anything about that. The FIFA representative is here, he came in today, and the CONCACAF representative supposed to come in this evening around 10 o’clock and they are coming as observers. We in this country have a propensity for spreading rumours and saying all sorts of things.

“I heard that same talk yesterday and I am not aware where it came from and who is spreading it but as far as I know, there is no talk from the powers that be about the cancellation or deferring of the election.” Tim Kee, who was part of Thursday’s historic debate of presidential candidates, described the event as a landmark initiative and one which he hopes is adopted by other sporting bodies.

“I hope this will be seen as precedent for the way we should go whenever there are things of this nature.

As you would know I tried to revolutionise things by introducing that constitution which focuses on democracy. The whole concept of the debate was well founded and to solidify the minds of people about what true democracy is all about and the way we should move forward.

This is not confined to sport, everybody should showcase their goods so to speak and let the public see what is, and let them make decisions on what they say.

Tim Kee revealed that he visited the region’s associations and other stakeholders and discussed the state of the TT FA prior to his tenure as well as some of his achievements.

“That was quite satisfying.

The body language coming out of those conversations were quite satisfying. I thought we should sit and chat about what it was and not the classical type of power point presentation. I sat among the members and we chatted, sharing, giving advice and of course answering questions,” he said.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 07:13:00 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 28, 2015, 07:28:57 AM »

A lot of people will be crying here after the election because their favorite individual did not win.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 28, 2015, 07:53:07 AM »
I only interested in d person least likely to f**k up d senior team setup.......and right now I not even sure Tim kee  won't eventually screw it up...........sigh
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 28, 2015, 08:03:09 AM »

A lot of people will be crying here after the election because their favorite individual did not win.

Breds, I do not know about crying. But this election, though flawed in some aspects, is much better than what happened in the past. At least candidates came out and had a " public Debate" so that we know where they stand on the issues. Hopefully the future will have more people "throwing their hat in the ring". Football is in need of diversity in all aspect.  We still underachieving on the regional and international fields. When everybody participates then we will be underachievers no more. Good luck TT.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 28, 2015, 08:06:16 AM »

Breds, I do not know about crying. But this election, though flawed in some aspects, is much better than what happened in the past. At least candidates came out and had a " public Debate" so that we know where they stand on the issues. Hopefully the future will have more people "throwing their hat in the ring". Football is in need of diversity in all aspect.  We still underachieving on the regional and international fields. When everybody participates then we will be underachievers no more. Good luck TT.

Wait till results come out. If RTK wins yuh go hear the election was flawed or we doh want better for we football  :)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 28, 2015, 08:50:18 AM »

Wait till results come out. If RTK wins yuh go hear the election was flawed or we doh want better for we football  :)
Yes but if he wins how exactly would that mean in terms of what we are willing to tolerate on the administrative side of things......let's honest outside of choosing the right coaches "with the input of others too" and a constitution, which he himself may have contravened, what is timkee's other notable achievement.........note I have given him the benefit of the doubt on countless occasions eh..........but blatantly lying about a sponsorship deal really turned my mind.
I pity the fool....

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 28, 2015, 08:56:07 AM »
Although I've clearly indicated my support for one of the candidates. As others have indicated, regardless of what happens tomorrow, Trinidad and Tobago football would have been better for it. We have a new constitution (that still needs quite a bit of work. But is a great start). For the first time we're  actually having an elections for the President. We have 5 candidates who all have their strengths and weaknesses. They all genuinely share the same vision for Trinidad and Tobago football. But some differences in their approaches. But they like us, want the best for Trinidad and Tobago football. Even the potential VPs are an impressive bunch of professionals that have a passion for football.
I can tell you one thing. The level of professionalism we brought to our campaign forced the other candidates to scamper and up their game. They were going with their hands swinging to meet the delegates, but when they heard that we had a printed manifesto and a proper well organised powerpoint presentation of our vision and plans. They all went and develop plans (plagiarized most of ours but no scene). So at least they all know that a new level of professionalism and competency is required to run football. Even the incumbent who sat on his high throne has come down and started to make the rounds visiting associations. Some of the associations indicated that he had never done this in all his decades of being involved in  football. 
So although I'm quite confident of our victory tomorrow, despite the result, football has already started to benefit. It's up to the winner to use this start and run hard.   
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 08:58:20 AM by sweetiepaper »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 28, 2015, 09:06:00 AM »

Yes but if he wins how exactly would that mean in terms of what we are willing to tolerate on the administrative side of things......let's honest outside of choosing the right coaches "with the input of others too" and a constitution, which he himself may have contravened, what is timkee's other notable achievement.........note I have given him the benefit of the doubt on countless occasions eh..........but blatantly lying about a sponsorship deal really turned my mind.

None of his challengers can really predict a convincing win because the race seem to be close which means he can possibly win. Time will tell. At the end of the day I know people in here will be very sour if he wins and sour if their favorite man doh win.

As for changes in the TTFF I am not sure if any new person or RTK himself will bring the changes some in here are desperate to see. And I am not just going to say like some in here 'he better than he' or 'anyone except for him when I am not sure'.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 09:11:32 AM by Sando prince »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 28, 2015, 09:32:29 AM »
Dey interviewing some of the candidates on i95 now and again dat Selby fella sounding nutten but bitter and out of touch.......if I hear reference 1974 one more time again, d man would not even admit dat d national team has improved...... He only dancing around d question....... Dat is a bitter deceitful and ultimately useless mark my words.....if people loose dey brain and elect he.............
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 28, 2015, 09:42:34 AM »
And also constantly harpin bout TV rights dat man on ah selfish scene....me eh care who know him, he not seeking d national interest in football at all
I pity the fool....

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 28, 2015, 11:21:34 AM »
Dey interviewing some of the candidates on i95 now and again dat Selby fella sounding nutten but bitter and out of touch.......if I hear reference 1974 one more time again, d man would not even admit dat d national team has improved...... He only dancing around d question....... Dat is a bitter deceitful and ultimately useless mark my words.....if people loose dey brain and elect he.............

Don't agree with you as Selby don't sound in the least bit bitter or out of touch to me.
You are starting to sound like you have a personal agenda against the man.

And there is nothing wrong with him making a point about how much money full local stadiums and TV rights can bring into T&T football for the TTFA.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 11:25:23 AM by Socapro »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 28, 2015, 11:59:32 AM »
Although I've clearly indicated my support for one of the candidates. As others have indicated, regardless of what happens tomorrow, Trinidad and Tobago football would have been better for it. We have a new constitution (that still needs quite a bit of work. But is a great start).

Such as?  As campaign manager for one of the candidates you no longer speak as just another poster, but presumably you or your candidate would have taken an indepth look at the Constitution... if you're criticizing it.  So tell us... in what ways is the constitution deficient?

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 28, 2015, 01:33:00 PM »
Updated.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 28, 2015, 02:15:06 PM »

Wait Syrians are not Trinis or you talking about some immigrant group who just come yesterday? You talk about the, as if they outsiders. Hmmm time for allyuh old fellas to run away and leave Trini for people who want to be Trinis and see everyone as Trinis
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 03:19:07 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 28, 2015, 03:49:34 PM »
Ramesh Ramdhan's one on one with the T&T Warrior Fan Zone

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 28, 2015, 05:38:01 PM »

Listen to TTFA Presidential Candidate Clint Taylor give his vision for T&T football if elected as new TTFA President this Sunday.

Field of Dreams Ep 17 - TTFA Presidential Candidate Clint Taylor
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kvNTP2tXeck" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kvNTP2tXeck</a>

I like this guy the most of all the candidates for our new TTFA President based upon what he says his plans are especially in regards to transparency going forward and looking after community football and maintaining all our community football fileds and making them viable.

Clint Taylor also has plans for the TTFA to have a home in every region of T&T; North, South, Central, East and Tobago.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 05:40:22 PM by Socapro »

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 28, 2015, 07:33:06 PM »

Wait Syrians are not Trinis or you talking about some immigrant group who just come yesterday? You talk about the, as if they outsiders. Hmmm time for allyuh old fellas to run away and leave Trini for people who want to be Trinis and see everyone as Trinis

when we trinis talk we don't say trini Indians or trini Africans or trini chinee so it is understood when we say Syrian it is our born and bred trini Syrians we speak of, if you were a trini you would know this...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #208 on: November 29, 2015, 05:58:35 AM »
Decision Day for football.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

It is now a race to the finish for the post of president of the T&T Football Association. After months of intense campaigning by candidates, the Annual General Meeting (AGM) which includes the Election of Executive Officers will begin at 2:00 pm this afternoon at the VIP Lounge of the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

The incumbent Raymond Tim Kee will be challenged for the right to manage the affairs of football in T&T by his friend and colleague in football David John-Williams, who is president of T&T Pro League club W Connection, ex-World Cup referee Ramesh Ramdhan, Selby Browne, the Veteran Football Federation president and Clynt Taylor, the first vice president of the T&T Football Referees Association.

A total of 49 votes will be cast during the preceeding, and football pundits are predicting that the winner will have to get at least 25 of the votes, but the mathematics can be different today depending on how many delegates turn up.

It is expected that John Williams will benefit tremendously from the T&T Pro League which has a total 10 votes, being a pro league campaigner through his club W Connection. Apart from the TT pro league however, the votes will come from; EFA 3, SFA 3, TFA 3, CFA 3, NFA 3, Eastern Counties Football Union (ECFU) 3, Referee Association 2, Super League 8, Schools League 1, Veteran Football Federation (VFF) 1, Women’s League 2, Primary Schools 1, Coaches 1, American Youth Soccer Organisation (AYSO) 1, Beach Soccer 2 and Futsal 2.   

During their campaign the candidates all shared their plans for football to the public and the football electorate. John Williams and his team of Ewing Davis (first vice president), Joanne Salazar (second vice president) and Allan Warner (third vice president) have promised a better image for the sport as well as opportunities for youth development and a livelihood from the sport.

However, Tim Kee, who asking for an opportunity to finish a job that he started back in 2012 has said he will ensure proper accountability, fairness, transparency and a welcome return of corporate T&T to the business of football.

The incumbent has also allocated a parcel of land at Union Marabella which he expects to use for the construction of a home for football and will implement an independent auditing committee to ensure transparency. However, Browne wants to see a return of the Glory Days of the sport and feel that T&T should also be returned to the number one spot in the Concacaf region.

He said achieving this can only be done only if he and his team are given the opportunity to refocus and introduce development initiatives from the primary school all the way to the senior level. Meanwhile Ramdhan is promising a complete overhaul of the sport and ensure that T&T no longer struggle to qualify for World Cups and other major tournaments but they are among the top teams in the tournament.

Joined by businessman John Sabga and a multi talented marketing personnel Curtis Rudd, they plan to implement proper marketing plan that will assist in securing funds and woo corporate TT to get back into the game. There will also be major development plans for referees and all involve Ramdhan said.

Meanwhile Taylor says that while he will develop the game in it entirety, he will focus on the image of the sport who has gone worldwide.

RELATED NEWS

CFA executive replaces delegates.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

...as TTFA elects president under new constitution today

Hours before today’s T&T Football Association Annual General Meeting (AGM) which includes the important election of a president, officials of the Central Football Association (CFA) have made a last-ditch effort to replace three delegates following the recent change in the Zone’s administration on Monday.

Delegates Glen Khan of Leeds FC, Oswald Mayers of Carapichaima Playmakers, former general secretary

Stephen Bartholomew and an alternate Allan Logan of Perseverance, were chosen by the previous central executive under president Bryan Layne. They were expected to cast their votes for Ramesh Ramdhan who was said to have been nominated by the CFA.

But following Wednesday’s AGM and election in the central zone, a new administration was elected unopposed. It is being headed by businessman Shymdeo Gosine. Yesterday, Jimmy Henry, the new secretary of administration told the Guardian that a proposal was made to replace Mayers, Bartholomew and Logan with Gregory Mc Sween- of Harlem Strikers,  and Anthony Job as the alternate and himself. An alternate it is understood, is the person who will be a replacement of any of the delegates cannot vote at an election.

Henry said he contacted the football association’s Acting general secretary Paula Chester yesterday about the change and he was advised to write a letter stating his association’s intentions. Henry said the change is almost certain as the TTFA’s constitution states clearly in Article 22; Subsection 3—that “Delegates must belong to the member zone that they represent and be appointed or elected by the appropriate body of that member. They must be able to produce evidence of this upon request” 

Contacted Chester made it clear that provisions for such a situation were catered for within the football association and therefore the request was granted. “In fact, we have a meeting last week with all the members and this was a matter that came up and needed to be addressed” Chester said.

Henry and his association have publicly stated that it would not have supported Ramesh Ramdhan because he was not the choice by the general membership before the Zone’s AGM and he not the choice of the new Central Zone executive. But yesterday Henry explained that having listened to the plans of the candidates he was impressed by them all. He did not say who he would vote for but noted that he has already narrowed down his options to two candidates that he is seriously considering.

Today, he will meet with the other delegates to decide on which candidate the Central zone will support and vote for.

The main position of president will be contested by five individuals which includes the incumbent Raymond Tim Kee, Clynt Taylor- a first vice p-resident of the T&T Referees Association, Selby Browne- the president of the Veteran Football Federation (VFF) and David John-Williams- the president of TT Pro League Club W Connection and Ramdhan, a former World Cup referee.

Gosine, when quizzed on who his association would vote for, explained that he will sit with the clubs to decide on a candidate to support.

...North Zone AGM postponed

Meanwhile, Thursday’s AGM and election of the Northern Football Association (NFA) did not come off as planned and the club representatives and candidates do not know why the meeting did not take place.

One candidate Nevick Denoon said it is total mayhem in the zone as the present executive appear reluctant to have elections. Thirteen clubs showed up for the elections such as Maple, Malvern, Paragon, Barataria Warriors, RSSR, Petit Valley, Clint Marcelle Coaching Academy, Cosmos Eagles and Morvant Element.

In attendance for the election were Marcelle, a former national midfielder and vice president of the NFA along with secretary Dale Tavares. Notably absent was incumbent president Roland Forde, who it is understood was ill.

Denoon said they are unsure of what is happening now because no information has been forthcoming. The post of presidency is being contested by Marcelle, sports administrator Tony Harford and Denoon.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 29, 2015, 07:01:22 AM »

when we trinis talk we don't say trini Indians or trini Africans or trini chinee so it is understood when we say Syrian it is our born and bred trini Syrians we speak of, if you were a trini you would know this...

Old man I born in Trinidad and have been living Trini most of my life and I know your type. When you said 'watch how the Syrians' you think we don't ketch yuh drift. Like I said is time for allyuh old men to run away and leave Trinis for Trinidadians. A flicking plague in society.

1]; } ?>