21 (38.9%)
Clynt Taylor
1 (1.9%)
David John-Williams
8 (14.8%)
Other
5 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: TTFA Presidency Polls; The countdown to election begins.  (Read 75137 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA Presidency Polls; The countdown to election begins.
« Reply #270 on: July 13, 2019, 05:43:24 PM »
Expand the pool.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 13, 2019, 05:44:05 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 13, 2019, 05:45:22 PM »
ah time to get rid of DJW
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 14, 2019, 06:54:30 AM »
So here we are.....4 years later.....at least there's an avenue to vote out DJW unlike the previous umpteen decades......let's see how things go.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 19, 2019, 01:42:46 AM »
Anybody know anything about this Sancho Gillette person.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 19, 2019, 07:42:56 PM »
Anybody know anything about this Sancho Gillette person.

He is a businessman from a successful business family.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 19, 2019, 07:44:14 PM »
ah time to get rid of DJW
Who yuh go put?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 19, 2019, 09:26:43 PM »
 :rotfl:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hopefully the best news in a long time
« Reply #279 on: September 20, 2019, 09:50:46 PM »
https://trinidadexpress.com/sports/local/not-worth-it/article_b08397d0-dc0a-11e9-91c9-0f30b12b1eb1.html

Definitely one of the best things this man can do to help the NT. Down to his last ounce of dignity. Good riddens if it were to happen.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 21, 2019, 01:21:47 AM »
Good luck with that g-o-p. Doh hold yuh breath too long.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #281 on: October 04, 2019, 01:43:52 AM »
‘United TTFA’ urges DJW not to enter long term contracts, promises slate for Nov election.
Wired868.com.

The group of football stakeholders united in a bid to unseat Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president David John-Williams is urging him to ‘refrain from issuing long term contracts to his chosen’ in an effort to manage the debt burden of the administration.

The group, which now refers to itself as ‘United TTFA’, issued a press statement tonight in the wake of another expensive courtroom defeat by the John-Williams-led body, which was ordered to pay over TT$5 million to former technical director Kendall Walkes.

The release was sent by TTFA Board member and Trinidad and Tobago Super League (TTSL) president Keith Look Loy and also acknowledged the endorsement of: Anthony Harford (NFA president), Clynt Taylor (Central FA general secretary), William Wallace (SSFL president) and Susan Joseph-Warrick (WoLF president), as well as Sam Phillip (ex-Pro League chairman) and Raymond Tim Kee (ex-TTFA president).

“The list of legal matters that have been created by the TTFA President’s intractable and reckless behaviour in addressing sensitive contractual matters is long,” stated the United TTFA. “Kendall Walkes, Carolina Morace, Anton Corneal, Sheldon Phillips, Stephen Hart… The list is long and still, several matters remain to be resolved by the courts.

“The debt burden, already unbearable at an estimated TT$30 million, will only increase. The responsibility for this increasingly untenable predicament rests entirely and squarely at the feet of the TTFA President.”

Ironically, with the exception of former Women’s National Senior Team head coach Carolina Morace, the examples of John-Williams’ contractual issues all involved staff initially hired by his predecessor Tim Kee. Still, the High Court repeatedly found fault in the way the current TTFA boss tried to wriggle free or simply ignore existing deals.

“The Association does not need more legal problems,” said the release tonight. “With the Association’s elections to be fought in November, we call on the President to refrain from issuing long term contracts to his chosen, the duration of which will outlast his administration.

“This would be unethical and burdensome on the new administration, which should enjoy the freedom to select its own personnel.”

United TTFA vowed to reveal its slate ‘within the next days’.

On 4 July, when the group announced its intention to run against John-Williams, the stakeholders promised to ‘present a roadmap for the game, which will be open for consultation with the football fraternity and the wider public’. Look Loy tried to explain why that has not materialised as yet.

“We are still engaged in the internal discussion regarding the final slate, which we intend to have reflect the broad sectors and interests of all football,” said Look Loy. “We wont release our plan until after nomination day. They have no ideas and we are not giving them ours. That’s what Selby [Browne’s] nonsensical consultation was about. To try to find some ideas.”

(United TTFA statement)

United TTFA views with deepening concern the ever increasing debt of the Football Association.

The recent judgement of the High Court in favour of former Technical Director Kendall Walkes, is the latest unnecessary addition to the Association’s debt burden occasioned by the bad judgement of the Association’s president. The fact is that FIFA, by letter dated 10 February 2016, counselled TTFA to ‘review and redo the [Walkes contract]’. Instead, Walkes was illegally dismissed.

The list of legal matters that have been created by the TTFA President’s intractable and reckless behaviour in addressing sensitive contractual matters is long. Kendall Walkes. Carolina Morace. Anton Corneal. Sheldon Phillips. Stephen Hart. The list is long and still, several matters remain to be resolved by the courts. The debt burden, already unbearable at an estimated TTD 30 million, will only increase. The responsibility for this increasingly untenable predicament rests entirely and squarely at the feet of the TTFA President.

The Association does not need more legal problems. With the Association’s elections to be fought in November, we call on the President to refrain from issuing long term contracts to his chosen, the duration of which will outlast his administration. This would be unethical and burdensome on the new administration, which should enjoy the freedom to select its own personnel.

United TTFA will announce its slate of candidates for the November elections within the next days.

Onward to November.

Signatories:

Anthony Harford, NFA President
Keith Look Loy, TTSL President
Sam Phillip, Former TTPL Chairman
Clynt Taylor, CFA General Secretary
Raymond Tim Kee, Former TTFA President
William Wallace, SSFL President
Susan Joseph-Warrick, WOLF President

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 05, 2019, 03:22:46 AM »
Contro, are you the person behind this slate above?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 05, 2019, 05:03:57 AM »
 :rotfl:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #284 on: October 09, 2019, 01:41:45 AM »
United TTFA yet to decide on presidential candidate.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

UNITED TTFA, comprising a group of football stakeholders seeking to unseat TT Football Association (TTFA) president David John-Williams in the November 24 elections, are yet to decide on who will be their presidential candidate.

The United TTFA includes TT Super League president Keith Look Loy, Northern Football Association (NFA) president Anthony Harford, Central Football Association (CFA) general secretary Clynt Taylor, ex-Pro League chairman Joseph Sam Phillip, former TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee, Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) president William Wallace and Susan Joseph-Warrick, president of the Women’s League Football (WOLF).

Those wishing to contest the post of TTFA president or vice-president will have until October 15 to declare their candidature, which must be supported by at least one member.

Look Loy mentioned yesterday, “We are still talking and haven’t finalised yet. We know that nomination day is next week Tuesday and will have our slate in place by then.”

Asked who is being touted as the presidential candidate, Look Loy replied, “We are still discussing that.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #285 on: October 15, 2019, 12:20:55 AM »
Wallace, Ferguson tipped for TTFA presidency race.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

The race for the pres­i­den­cy of the T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion will be­gin in earnest on Tues­day with William Wal­lace set to be nom­i­nee to rep­re­sent the Unit­ed Foot­ball Group, while Richard Fer­gu­son, the Ter­minix Di­rec­tor, al­so con­firmed that he will be a con­tes­tant for foot­ball's top po­si­tion.

Tues­day is nom­i­na­tion day and the in­cum­bent David John-Williams will know at the end of the day who will be his chal­lengers at the No­vem­ber 24 an­nu­al gen­er­al meet­ing (AGM) of the TTFA.

The elec­tion of a new pres­i­dent and three vice pres­i­dents will form part of the AGM's agen­da items.

Guardian Me­dia Sports un­der­stands that Wal­lace, the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL) pres­i­dent, is the pre­ferred choice to be the group's nom­i­nee ahead of Ray­mond Tim Kee, a for­mer T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion pres­i­dent, who was in­flu­en­tial in hav­ing key amend­ments to the TTFA's con­sti­tu­tion back in 2015, and An­tho­ny Har­ford, the North­ern Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion (NFA) boss who him­self, has worked all his life in foot­ball and oth­er sports.

Con­tact­ed on Mon­day Wal­lace said the slate to con­test the elec­tion will be cho­sen to­day and if he's asked to lead, he will def­i­nite­ly con­sid­er it be­cause of the cur­rent state of foot­ball in the coun­try.

"I have shown my sup­port for the group pub­licly, so you can­not talk the talk and not walk the walk, " Wal­lace said.

The elec­tion of a new pres­i­dent and three vice pres­i­dents will form part of the AGM's agen­da items.

Guardian Me­dia Sports un­der­stands that Wal­lace, the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL) pres­i­dent, is the pre­ferred choice to be the group's nom­i­nee ahead of Ray­mond Tim Kee, a for­mer T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion pres­i­dent, who was in­flu­en­tial in hav­ing key amend­ments to the TTFA's con­sti­tu­tion back in 2015, and An­tho­ny Har­ford, the North­ern Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion (NFA) boss who him­self, has worked all his life in foot­ball and oth­er sports.

Con­tact­ed on Mon­day Wal­lace said the slate to con­test the elec­tion will be cho­sen to­day and if he's asked to lead, he will def­i­nite­ly con­sid­er it be­cause of the cur­rent state of foot­ball in the coun­try.

"I have shown my sup­port for the group pub­licly, so you can­not talk the talk and not walk the walk, " Wal­lace said.

Quizzed on whether a choice of him be­ing T&TFA pres­i­dent, will pre­vent him for con­tin­u­ing in his po­si­tion as the schools' foot­ball boss, he said there is nowhere in the con­sti­tu­tion that pre­vents some­one from func­tion­ing in both po­si­tions, but he will know fur­ther.

The Unit­ed Group, it is un­der­stood is ex­pect­ed to be Clynt Tay­lor, the Cen­tral Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion (CFA) Gen­er­al Sec­re­tary, who al­so con­test­ed the TTFA pres­i­den­cy four years ago, and is ex­pect­ed to con­test one of the three vice pres­i­dents po­si­tions, which can po­ten­tial­ly set him on course with his head at the cen­tral foot­ball as­so­ci­a­tion- Shymdeo Go­sine, who it is un­der­stood, will be fea­tured on a slate be­ing head­ed by Fer­gu­son.

Su­san Joseph-War­rick, the pres­i­dent of the women's foot­ball league and Sam Phillip, a for­mer chair­man of the T&T Pro League will be the oth­er two nom­i­nat­ed vice pres­i­dents.

The Ter­minix and As­cen­sion boss con­firmed that he will be throw­ing his hat in­to the ring, hav­ing been in­volved in the sport for the past year or so. “I have spon­sored the As­cen­sion In­vi­ta­tion­al Foot­ball League and we are cur­rent­ly fund­ing the Su­per League. We are al­so await­ing the go-ahead to spon­sor the T&T Pro League al­so,” Fer­gu­son said.

He be­lieves his slate which com­pris­es Ed­die Dean of Club San­do, Ray­mond Thom of Po­lice FC and Go­sine, the CFA busi­ness­man who is the cur­rent spon­sor of cen­tral foot­ball, has built up a de­cent mo­men­tum so far.

Fer­gu­son promised his man­i­festo will be ready by the end of this week and will con­vey their de­sire to rid the as­so­ci­a­tion of the debt that cur­rent­ly ex­ists, have a two-tier Na­tion­al League with pro­mo­tion and de­mo­tion, and to make foot­ball fi­nan­cial­ly vi­able in the twin-is­land Re­pub­lic. He said his team Ter­minix has al­ready be­gun show­ing what can be done to as­sist foot­ball in T&T.

RELATED NEWS

Wallace to challenge TTFA boss.
By Narissa Fraser (Newsday).

SECONDARY School Football League (SSFL) president William Wallace will challenge David John-Williams for presidency in the TT Football Association (TTFA) elections on November 24.

Wallace, a former youth and national team manager, was nominated today by the Northern Football Association. He is part of the United TTFA group, comprising several local football stakeholders, that has been critical of John-Williams' leadership.

The current TTFA boss began his tenure in 2015 and is seeking a second term. In July, several respected former TT footballers, including World Cup goalkeepers Kelvin Jack and Shaka Hislop, and former women’s team captain Maylee Attin-Johnson called for John-Williams' resignation.

Last week, TTFA board member Keith Look Loy told Newsday he believes John-Williams has created a mess, and the United TTFA group is aiming to fix it.

United TTFA consists of Wallace, Look Loy, Anthony Harford, Joseph Sam Phillip, Clynt Taylor, William Wallace and Susan Warrick.

In a press release issued today, the group said they are committed to the "good governance" of the TTFA and will instil the values of honesty, collective decision making, transparency and accountability and professionalism.

"United TTFA’s slate of candidates offers to TTFA and Trinidad and Tobago the personal integrity of its candidates and a wealth of experience in the management of the main pillars of the game – youth football, women’s football, elite and grassroots club football, regional associations, and refereeing."

They continued, "Our football is in desperate need of salvation. The election of 24 November 2019 will be a watershed event in the history of our football , TTFA and Trinidad and Tobago. United TTFA stands ready."

The group will unveil its "action programme" on November 2.

Full nominations by United TTFA:

President: William Wallace (SSFL president, former youth and senior national teams’ manager, former TTCB board member).

First vice president: Clynt Taylor (Central FA General Secretary, former vice president of TT Football Referees Association).

Second vice president: Susan Joseph-Warrick (Women’s League Football president, TTFA board member, co-owner of Trincity Nationals FC).

Third vice president: Joseph Sam Phillip (former TT Pro League chairman, former TTFA board member, former club and senior men’s national team player and manager) .

William Wallace and Clynt Taylor have been nominated by Northern FA.

Susan Joseph-Warrick and Joseph Sam Phillip have been nominated by FC Santa Rosa.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 12:28:54 AM by Flex »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #286 on: October 15, 2019, 03:24:54 AM »
Contro, are you the person behind this slate above?

No I’m not brother... tbh I lost interest in pursuing anything

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 15, 2019, 09:28:23 AM »
Seems like there was a reason behind Ferguson's big spending and sponsorship to rescue domestic football.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 15, 2019, 10:21:39 AM »
Could not this be an election in which the candidates wear no other hats?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 15, 2019, 10:22:22 AM »
Seems like there was a reason behind Ferguson's big spending and sponsorship to rescue domestic football.

Dahis de kind of thing Deeks was calling for. However, I would rather have seen Richard Ferguson continue on the path he set out on, without entering his candidacy.  He stood to be very effective in that approach.

On the other hand, this race needs to be more than two candidates per function/office to extract the right sauce.

Nonetheless, still missing from the mix are people who are professionally trained in this field. We have been down several roads of leadership through acquired experience and governance by instinct and it has not produced the fruit of excellence and best practice.

The less incestuous the interlocking relationships are, the best prospects are for our progress out of this abyss.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 10:35:42 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 15, 2019, 12:00:34 PM »
Dahis de kind of thing Deeks was calling for. However, I would rather have seen Richard Ferguson continue on the path he set out on, without entering his candidacy.  He stood to be very effective in that approach.

On the other hand, this race needs to be more than two candidates per function/office to extract the right sauce.

Nonetheless, still missing from the mix are people who are professionally trained in this field. We have been down several roads of leadership through acquired experience and governance by instinct and it has not produced the fruit of excellence and best practice.

The less incestuous the interlocking relationships are, the best prospects are for our progress out of this abyss.
Yes Deeks got his wish for someone with deep pockets to run for President.

Totally agree with what you said in regards to the best practice for someone in this leadership position. Do we have eligible individuals with the appropriate training in the field? Isn't a criteria that you must be a living in T&T for the past x number of years and be involved in the sport at some level? I think that's what it was last election.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 15, 2019, 12:34:47 PM »

Yes Deeks got his wish for someone with deep pockets to run for President.

Totally agree with what you said in regards to the best practice for someone in this leadership position. Do we have eligible individuals with the appropriate training in the field? Isn't a criteria that you must be a living in T&T for the past x number of years and be involved in the sport at some level? I think that's what it was last election.

Watch this space. Soon come, bredrin.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 TTFA Presidency Polls; The countdown to election begins.
« Reply #292 on: October 15, 2019, 02:01:07 PM »
I wanted Ramesh Ramdhan to win but ah change meh mind.

This f00cker was one of Jack Warner boys and now he team up with another con man Terry Fenwick.

If anybody know Terry Fenwick they go tell you he is a real smartman and will do anything for money and to get into T&T football.

You cannot trust this man.

Fenwick feel people in T&T chupid, real whiteman mentality.

He try to f00ck up Harrison and them at Central, he try to con de pro league with Ma Pau and now this.

Allyuh, watch who allyuh voting for.

CFA need to go to court to get this man out of our football and country.
i know we all wished that Ramesh ramdhan had won since anything would have been better than DJW.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 02:07:05 PM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 TTFA Presidency Polls; The countdown to election begins.
« Reply #293 on: October 15, 2019, 02:06:27 PM »
Sure RR is a good referee. However in this rongs, is much much more than this that matters.
Iz all about integrity, love for the players who deserve a quality chance without any more years of rip-off and abusive exploitation.
Iz also about passion for the game and T&T's stake in it, then we later look at competence for the job description.
Notice the above emphasis long before we start talking bout which supa Pac or big honcho in yuh corner looking to get a piece of de action.
Now history is also important to know so we know where we could be heading. History for a long period was life under Renraw / Jackulito, a dark period if carefully analyzed through an honest lens. Admittedly for some misguided admirers, it was a happy time where milk and honey flowed if you allowed your soul to be properly owned or you were tragically beholden.
Not much different from living in a world under Pablo Escobar. In his village, almost everybody loved little Pablo, an underground economy thrived revolving around him. Yuh hungry, Pablo give yuh some money, yuh need a wok he fix yuh up, police giving yuh trouble, send a hitman and take care of that. Home football team hungry for some glory to boost the behind God back local economy, bribe 2 referee and geh a Concacaf job for a couple of them. To some, Pablo is a cancer but iz hard for some to see why Renraw should be categorized in the same way. The same damage to the fabric of your village takes place. They both get either exterminated or extradited and leave the stunted dependent village with NO development and only pain for years and many lives destroyed tragically.
Now as we speakin' of referees, I eh sayin' candidate RR did anything wrong but seems to have emerged with FIFA wok & all from the patronage years of Jackulito who was known for fixing up most who couldn't resist. It makes you wonder whether candidates like him still sing the praises of Renraw or have they divorced themselves conveniently recently, if at all. Some direct blunt questions should address that. The evasive Uncle Tim type answer would say enough about potential trouble.
Find the candidate who EXPLICTLY condemns the evils of the past or honestly repents about their association with it and has genuine love for the players, loved the game before money and has integrity as their pillar of doing business. Daiz your candidate who is closest to this. My sense tells me that's Selby Browne. Not RR nor Uncle Tim (same ting)
whatever happened to this bloke. I remember he was an ardent opponent of raymond timkee and complained about him on every post. I was thinking maybe he was a DJW supporter and now he’s too ashamed to show his face around here since DJW has taken football to a new low in this country.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 15, 2019, 05:29:14 PM »
I must be hallucinating. Is Collin Partap really joining a DJW slate?

Maybe some other Collin Partap, not this one:
https://www.socawarriors.net/federation-news/21197-partap-to-support-look-loy-s-high-court-application.html

NO MORAL AUTHORITY TO GOVERN, NO ABILITY TO LEAD
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 05:35:45 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 15, 2019, 08:45:55 PM »
Seeing 10 ppl vote for Selby Browne as an option in the poll above kinda scary oui

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 15, 2019, 08:46:32 PM »
Ferguson real special

Weird vibe from this one. Not taking that $ bait at all

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #297 on: October 16, 2019, 12:27:17 AM »
John-Williams ready for TTFA election.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

David John-Williams will be set for bat­tle, with three new vice pres­i­dents from the ones who sup­port­ed him back in 2015, when the T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion AGM and Elec­tion of of­fi­cers are held on No­vem­ber 24.

Con­tact­ed on Tues­day John-Williams, the in­cum­bent pres­i­dent said he was still un­de­cid­ed whether he would face re-elec­tion and had un­til mid­night Tues­day to make his de­ci­sion.

How­ev­er, Guardian Me­dia Sports was re­li­ably in­formed that the con­tro­ver­sial for­mer W Con­nec­tion Chief Ex­ec­u­tive Of­fi­cer (CEO) will be bid­ding for an­oth­er four-year term in of­fice, with his nom­i­nat­ed vice pres­i­dents Col­in Par­tap, the Cen­tral Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion (CFA) Rep­re­sen­ta­tive on the T&TFA Board, Sel­by Browne- who is the rep­re­sen­ta­tive for the Vet­er­an Foot­ball Foun­da­tion (VFF) and An­tho­ny Moore, the pres­i­dent of the To­ba­go Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion (TFA).

His team af­ter dis­cus­sion and agree­ment de­cid­ed to re­place Ew­ing Davis, Joanne Salazar and Al­lan Warn­er, all of whom won hand­some­ly at the last elec­tions at the VIP Lounge of the Hase­ly Craw­ford Sta­di­um, Mu­cu­rapo.

Since then, both Warn­er and Salazar re­signed their po­si­tions and John-Williams has sur­vived many calls from stake­hold­ers and the gen­er­al foot­ball fra­ter­ni­ty to step down be­cause of the state of the sport fi­nan­cial­ly and oth­er­wise.

John-Williams' slate will be con­test­ed by the Unit­ed T&T FA be­ing led by Williams Wal­lace, who is al­so pres­i­dent of the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL), Clynt Tay­lor, Sam Phillips and Su­san Joseph-War­rick.

Mean­while busi­ness­man Shymdeo Go­sine, who was open­ly sup­port­ive of the Unit­ed T&TFA group when it was launched three months ago, is now throw­ing his sup­port be­hind a new team be­ing head­ed by Richard Fer­gu­son, the Ter­minix La Hor­quet­ta Rangers Di­rec­tor who has been be­hind As­cen­sion's fund­ing of the Pre-sea­son In­vi­ta­tion­al Foot­ball Tour­na­ment, and the Ter­minix Su­per League.

That slate com­pris­es Ray­mond Thom of Po­lice FC, Ed­die Dean (Club San­do) and Go­sine.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 16, 2019, 12:53:21 AM »
Mean­while busi­ness­man Shymdeo Go­sine, who was open­ly sup­port­ive of the Unit­ed T&TFA group when it was launched three months ago, is now throw­ing his sup­port be­hind a new team be­ing head­ed by Richard Fer­gu­son, the Ter­minix La Hor­quet­ta Rangers Di­rec­tor who has been be­hind As­cen­sion's fund­ing of the Pre-sea­son In­vi­ta­tion­al Foot­ball Tour­na­ment, and the Ter­minix Su­per League.

That slate com­pris­es Ray­mond Thom of Po­lice FC, Ed­die Dean (Club San­do) and Go­sine.

This is a new group. I know none of these people. But they have every right as Trini citizens to run for TTFA office. First we must see their plans for the upliftment of football. But time is short.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 16, 2019, 09:29:06 AM »
People are certainly entitled to change their opinions and review their affiliations, but when a person has made strident comments in opposition to the conduct and tenor of governance of the TTFA president, when that person pivots positions and enters into bed with the same TTFA president, or flip-flops, that person should state publicly the basis on which s/he has reformulated her/his public positions and should do so directly addressing  the consitituencies to whom she/he first decried the damning conduct of the TTFA president.

Without that happening, there is an absolute absence of credibility attached to that person and a reasonable inference that the pivoting person or flip-flopper holds a hidden agenda and/or has received inducement(s) to alter her/his position(s).

None of this augurs well for the future governance of football in T&T, unless in mitigation an elaborately orchestrated palace coup is in progress.

However, the chess pieces do not point in that direction.

I wouldn't get too excited about the outcome of this election ... at least just not yet.

Benign intentions do not overcome the ignorance that David John-Williams has delivered to the TTFA as an institution.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 09:35:54 AM by asylumseeker »

1]; } ?>