21 (38.9%)
Clynt Taylor
1 (1.9%)
David John-Williams
8 (14.8%)
Other
5 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: TTFA Presidency Polls; The countdown to election begins.  (Read 75388 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA Presidency Polls; The countdown to election begins.
« Reply #300 on: October 16, 2019, 01:25:48 PM »
Ferguson real special

Weird vibe from this one. Not taking that $ bait at all

Richard Fergeson come out of no where with the intention to run eh  ..    however ,is he eligible ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 16, 2019, 01:44:57 PM »
Ferguson real special

Richard Fergeson come out of no where with the intention to run eh  ..    however ,is he eligible ?

Supposedly he has been involved with La Horquetta XF in the East Zone.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 16, 2019, 02:28:37 PM »
Ferguson real special

Ferguson has been involved with football for a good while now. He did acquire Rangers from Fakoory(RIP) and moved them to LaHorquetta. Fixed up the field and appears to have Rangers ready to challenge Connection and them. Now the pro league has some sponsorship money from him. So he appears serious.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 16, 2019, 02:29:35 PM »
I must be hallucinating. Is Collin Partap really joining a DJW slate?

Maybe some other Collin Partap, not this one:
https://www.socawarriors.net/federation-news/21197-partap-to-support-look-loy-s-high-court-application.html
He did a 180 in the space of a year, that means he drank the kool aid.

There should be a presidential debate for the candidates led by panel of moderators that includes Fazeer or just Fazeer.

We need to hear their intentions at what they're all about. We also need to know about their qualifications and experience for the post.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 16, 2019, 02:32:50 PM »
Ferguson real special

Ferguson has been involved with football for a good while now. He did acquire Rangers from Fakoory(RIP) and moved them to LaHorquetta. Fixed up the field and appears to have Rangers ready to challenge Connection and them. Now the pro league has some sponsorship money from him. So he appears serious.
Many locals thought DJW was serious too with what he did with Connection. I'm just surprised as how sponsorship money just arised from Ferguson a few months before elections when clubs and admin has begging for sponsorship for years.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #305 on: October 19, 2019, 12:44:01 AM »
Look Loy calls for public disclosure of TTFA candidates.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

TT SUPER League president Keith Look Loy is calling on TTFA (TTFA) general secretary Camara David to disclose the names of all those who have been nominated for positions in the TTFA executive, ahead of the November 24 elections.

In a message sent to David, on Wednesday morning, Look Loy wrote, “The deadline date for the nomination of candidates for the 2019 TTFA election of officers (on Tuesday) has expired. The names of persons included in two lists of nominated candidates (led by William Wallace and Richard Ferguson respectively) were revealed to the public by the media.

“(The) media reported that the participation of the incumbent TTFA president David John-Williams and any person associated with him had not been verified by the said president,” Look Loy added.

Look Loy, who is a member of the United TTFA team – led by Wallace – addressed the TTFA general secretary. “I now request the names of all persons whose nomination met (the) said deadline, as well as the positions they propose to contest.”

According to the outspoken administrator, “This is the only fair manner in which to proceed despite the fact that the constitution allows the general secretary to withhold said names up to ten days prior to the election. This gives a tremendous advantage to any incumbent.”

Look Loy made it clear that he is asking David to comment on the content, and not legitimacy, of any nomination.

Asked yesterday for a comment, David said, “That decision does not lie with me, that’s for the Electoral Committee to decide.”

However, it is understood that the electoral committee – the body in charge of organising and supervising the election process – has remained dormant under the current TTFA leadership, headed by president David John-Williams.

Repeated calls to John-Williams, about the Electoral Committee and if he has officially decided to seek re-election, went unanswered yesterday.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 19, 2019, 04:04:09 AM »
That is absolutely the correct call/request. Aside from the technicality of deadlines and timelines (an issue in and of themselves), this development also reflects David John-Williams' approach to abuse of discretion in public life particularly as it relates to the TTFA ... here we have a president who is unwilling to stand on his record, here we have a TTFA president who is unwilling to be transparent about whether he plans to continue in office and here we have a TTFA president reducing the office of the presidency to gamesmanship in the tradition of the brinkmanship that has characterized his four years in office.

Be gone already, man with the Lilliputian approach to the big picture.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 19, 2019, 09:17:57 AM »
There is no day to day stability in any organization in which there is a lack of clarity regarding continuity in office. And, even if the president's actual decision is known privately to a few stakeholders, there is a toying with public confidence and sentiment that demonstrates an immature appreciation of the gravity of the office and of the investment climate for professional football, at a time in which sponsors and investors would rather not sit on the fence until the dictator makes an unequivocal public statement.

This sort of nonsense used to be less pronounced when Joanne Salazar was around to rein in the president's contrarían instincts. Over time he seems to have convinced himself that Trinidad and Tobago football is exclusively defined by him. Whereas, the only thing he has defined is mediocrity in office and an autographed manual on how not to govern a federation.

The playing field is muddy and 'dutty' because those among DJW's new school of sycophants would actually make better presidents than the actual president.

We know that Mike Pence does not believe his every utterance in support of Donald Trump, yet he acquiesces in the rot, fully cognizant that he is as close to the epicenter as he can be, without having to bear the brunt of the consequences of his endorsement.

So too with DJWs enablers and endorsers.They say yes when they should be saying no and football suffers, while they prosper.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 09:38:48 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 19, 2019, 08:49:04 PM »
So this man really serious about running for election again. Exactly what can he point to in his term that has been a success?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 19, 2019, 11:45:29 PM »
So this man really serious about running for election again. Exactly what can he point to in his term that has been a success?
didnt you watch his interview with fazeer mohamed? he said he had build a money making venture (home of football), he paid off most their debt (ttfa) and he’s on the brink of a turn around in our football fortunes. please don’t kill the messenger.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 21, 2019, 12:26:53 PM »
Look Loy calls for public disclosure of TTFA candidates.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

TT SUPER League president Keith Look Loy is calling on TTFA (TTFA) general secretary Camara David to disclose the names of all those who have been nominated for positions in the TTFA executive, ahead of the November 24 elections.

In a message sent to David, on Wednesday morning, Look Loy wrote, “The deadline date for the nomination of candidates for the 2019 TTFA election of officers (on Tuesday) has expired. The names of persons included in two lists of nominated candidates (led by William Wallace and Richard Ferguson respectively) were revealed to the public by the media.

“(The) media reported that the participation of the incumbent TTFA president David John-Williams and any person associated with him had not been verified by the said president,” Look Loy added.

Look Loy, who is a member of the United TTFA team – led by Wallace – addressed the TTFA general secretary. “I now request the names of all persons whose nomination met (the) said deadline, as well as the positions they propose to contest.”

According to the outspoken administrator, “This is the only fair manner in which to proceed despite the fact that the constitution allows the general secretary to withhold said names up to ten days prior to the election. This gives a tremendous advantage to any incumbent.”

Look Loy made it clear that he is asking David to comment on the content, and not legitimacy, of any nomination.

Asked yesterday for a comment, David said, “That decision does not lie with me, that’s for the Electoral Committee to decide.”

However, it is understood that the electoral committee – the body in charge of organising and supervising the election process – has remained dormant under the current TTFA leadership, headed by president David John-Williams.

Repeated calls to John-Williams, about the Electoral Committee and if he has officially decided to seek re-election, went unanswered yesterday.
This right here should make them ineligible right? Didn't they reject and fine clubs for non-compliance? Well they should be unable to run for election due to non-compliance! Learn to abide by the rules like everyone else.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 21, 2019, 06:43:21 PM »
didnt you watch his interview with fazeer mohamed? he said he had build a money making venture (home of football), he paid off most their debt (ttfa) and he’s on the brink of a turn around in our football fortunes. please don’t kill the messenger.

he build a money making venture? what is that? d home of football ting located in a country that from youth to senior level right now is the cesspit of football. he could label it home of football if he want unless the supporters and people feel its credible then it doh matter

under his leadership we have regressed all the way from one of the worse teams in the Caribbean, a feat many thought could not have ever been possible

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #312 on: October 22, 2019, 12:44:43 AM »
Women's football supports United TTFA.
T&T Guardian Reports.

The T&T Women's Foot­ball League (TTWOLF) has con­firmed its sup­port for the Unit­ed T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion (UT­TFA) slate which is be­ing led by William Wal­lace, ahead of the T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion (TTFA) An­nu­al Gen­er­al Meet­ing (AGM) and Elec­tions on No­vem­ber 24.

In a re­lease yes­ter­day, TTWOLF pres­i­dent Su­san Joseph-War­rick stat­ed that she be­lieves that with her con­test­ing one of the vice pres­i­dent's po­si­tions, once the Wal­lace slate wins, it will serve women's foot­ball bet­ter in the fu­ture.

WOLF has two votes for the elec­tion and Joseph-War­rick ex­pects to use it wise­ly. It is un­cer­tain who the del­e­gates are and Joseph-War­rick said the names will be re­leased in due time.

Ac­cord­ing to War­rick, "Women's foot­ball should no longer be a foot­note to the TTFA. Our girls have earned their due, made their coun­try proud and de­serve to be treat­ed with the same re­spect as their male coun­ter­parts. Fur­ther, as the na­tion­al body re­spon­si­ble for the de­vel­op­ment of Women's Foot­ball in T&T, TTWOLF de­serves a seat at the ta­ble and full in­clu­sion in all de­ci­sion mak­ing on the Women's pro­grammes."

War­rick is set to con­test the sec­ond vice pres­i­dent po­si­tion while Clynt Tay­lor, the Cen­tral Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion (CFA) Gen­er­al Sec­re­tary will do bat­tle for the first vice pres­i­dent spot and Sam Phillips, for­mer chair­man of the T&T Pro League, the third vice pres­i­dent po­si­tion.

Ac­cord­ing to the re­lease: "Mrs War­rick has thrown her hat in the ring as a con­tin­u­a­tion of her com­mit­ment to hav­ing Women's Foot­ball rep­re­sent­ed at the TTFA lev­el and we ex­pect that once elect­ed, women's foot­ball will get the at­ten­tion it has long been de­serv­ing of."

War­rick is set to be chal­lenged by Ray­mond Thom of the Richard Fer­gu­son slate and An­tho­ny Moore of the David John-Williams team.

Joseph-War­rick and Phillip were nom­i­nat­ed by FC San­ta Rosa, while Wal­lace and Clynt Tay­lor were nom­i­nat­ed by North­ern FA.

Unit­ed TTFA Slate

Pres­i­dent: William Wal­lace (SS­FL Pres­i­dent, a for­mer youth and se­nior na­tion­al teams’ man­ag­er, for­mer TTCB Board mem­ber)

First Vice Pres­i­dent: Clynt Tay­lor (Cen­tral FA Gen­er­al Sec­re­tary, for­mer Vice Pres­i­dent of TT Foot­ball Ref­er­ees As­so­ci­a­tion)

Sec­ond Vice Pres­i­dent: Su­san Joseph-War­rick (Women’s League Foot­ball Pres­i­dent, TTFA Board mem­ber, co-own­er of Trinci­ty Na­tion­als FC)

Third Vice Pres­i­dent: Joseph Sam Phillip (for­mer TT Pro League Chair­man, for­mer TTFA Board mem­ber, for­mer club and se­nior men’s na­tion­al team play­er and man­ag­er)

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 22, 2019, 08:48:24 AM »
Football is ‘big business’ says TTFA presidential candidate Richard Ferguson
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday)

OWNER of local football club Terminix La Horquetta Rangers and the brainchild behind the recently-concluded Ascension Invitational Football Tournament, Richard Ferguson, intends to conduct the sport as a business if elected as president of the T&T Football Association (TTFA).

The local governing body will be staging its elections on November 24, with Ferguson and Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) president William Wallace announcing their desire to unseat the incumbent David John-Williams.

Wallace was the nominee of the United TTFA, which comprises local administrators Keith Look Loy, Anthony Harford, Clynt Taylor, Joseph Sam Phillip, and Sharon Joseph-Warrick.

During an interview yesterday, Ferguson dispelled the notion that his lack of experience in football administration will be a major issue.

“I definitely don’t have a lack of experience,” said Ferguson. “Football administration is a big business and that is the problem that we’re having. We’re not treating football like a business, hence the problem with the finances (and) the national teams. We’re treating it like a game.

“Football internationally is a business and that is how we have to approach it,” continued Ferguson. “That is what I have (done). I have 35 years of business experience to bring to the table.”

Ferguson pointed out, “I have been in football for about six years. I did three years in the East Zone with La Horquetta XF, we bought out St Ann’s Rangers in 2018. In that short space of time, we have been able to do things in football that other people in 50 years couldn’t do. We have been able to change the way football is played.

“We’ve combined it with Trinidad culture so it’s a whole entertainment experience. That is what is bringing in the crowd and that is what is bringing in the revenue,” he added.

About the feedback he has gotten since declaring his interest, last Tuesday, to contest the elections, Ferguson said, “I’m definitely not nervous. I just want to get it over with and done, and let’s move on from here. So far, we’re actually doing better than I thought. I think we’re in a good place.”

Asked to elaborate, Ferguson replied, “In terms of support from the clubs, the zones, the various people in football. We have a bit of momentum and that momentum is improving as we go on.”

Ferguson is eager to make a change to the current climate of the TTFA, with John-Williams on the receiving end of constant criticisms from his fellow board members, including the outspoken Look Loy.

“Football is a bit polarised right now,” said Ferguson. “You have John-Williams on one side and Look Loy on the next side. People have seen what we have done this year (with the Ascension league) and they have encouraged me strenuously, against my better judgement, that I should try to make a positive impact on national football.

“This, to be honest, is not my thing,” he added. “It is not a strong desire on my part. But I should try to make a contribution.”

Taking a slight dig at the current TTFA leadership, Ferguson said, “The TTFA presidency has no power, the power lies in the Board. The TTFA presidency has no money involved. The only thing they’re doing there is performing national service. The board of directors make all the decisions, not the president.”

He continued, “The constitution of the TTFA dictates that the decision-makers are the board, which comprises 15 different people. They are to make the decisions, not the president nor the general secretary.

“I am a corporate secretary and I have to quote company laws to bring people back into line. It requires good governance. This is very important in attracting sponsors and the Government because they wouldn’t like to know you’re not following the constitution of the TTFA.”

There was hardly a hint that Ferguson would have thrown his hat in the ring before last Tuesday’s deadline day for nominees.

He pointed out, “After we did the Ascension league (which) was such a great success, it allowed $650,000 in prize money to be disbursed to clubs, clubs didn’t have to pay a registration fee, their players were insured, they were shown on television. It was such a success that the members wanted a second round and they said ‘we need to take this thing more national’. That is the push, to take it more national.”

But who really pushed him? Ferguson replied, “Everybody. The amount of people who called me and my players, they said ‘Fergie, let’s try and do something’.”

He said his intention is to support whoever wins the TTFA elections as well as to offer an olive branch to his rivals if he takes up the mantle on November 26.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 23, 2019, 10:16:53 AM »
TTFA’s gain, but SSFL’s loss, colleagues say, should Wallace win presidency
By Garth Wattley (T&T Express)

Should William Wallace become the next president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association, it would be a potential loss for the Secondary Schools Football League but a big gain for national football.

So feel some members of the SSFL community now that Wallace, the schools league president, has officially declared himself a candidate for the November 24 TTFA election of officers. “I would always say the SSFL’s loss is the country’s gain, which is the bigger picture,” Lawrence Seepersad, the schools League’s Assistant Secretary, Operations said on Monday. “Personally, I feel that it is a good step going forward for football in the country.”

Asked why Wallace would make a good leader for the TTFA. Seepersad said "What he stands for - integrity, accountability, very open-minded, always gives a listening ear. He doesn't shut down anyone at all, listens to everybody. He always believes in democracy."

The SSFL's constitution does not require Wallace to relinquish the SSFL presidency should he win local football's top post. However, there is a feeling that he should step aside to focus fully on the issues facing the local game.

And one member of the SSFL general council, who preferred to remain anonymous, said Wallace would be a unifying force.

"It will be a plus," he said of a Wallace presidency. "There is a disconnect between the SSFL and the TTFA. He would bring more synergy. He brings people together for a common goal."

Wallace is also seen as one who can get the business done. "He will be able to represent and negotiate well," SSFL first vice-president Phillip Fraser told the Express. And another general council member added: "He listens, he takes advice. However, if he has to take a decision, popular or unpopular, he would make it."

He added: "We have had maximum leaders and it hasn't really worked for us ... I expect the league to support him."

The SSFL, which will have one vote in the TTFA elections, will hold a general council meeting on November 5 at which a decision is expected to be taken on who the league will be supporting.

Wallace, SSFL president since 2017, is campaigning on a slate that includes Clynt Taylor, general secretary of the Central Football Association, Susan Warrick, president of the Women's League Football (WoLF) and former T&T Pro League chairman, Joseph "Sam" Phillip.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: October 23, 2019, 01:27:09 PM »
Who to vote for boi? Enthusiasm or integrity?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 23, 2019, 01:34:26 PM »
;D I know right. We need a debate to separate the sheep from the goat aka greatest of all time.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 23, 2019, 02:18:55 PM »
;D I know right. We need a debate to separate the sheep from the goat aka greatest of all time.

Well, leh we flip shoes as an exercise ... ENT we know that Wallace is enthusiastic also? However de other fella ...  :-X hmm?

di innocent an di fool could pass fi twin
but a rat is a rat
an a mouse is a mouse
a flee is a flee
an a louse is a louse
yet di two a dem in common share someting
dem is often decried an denied
dem is often ridiculed an downgraded
dem is sometimes congratulated an celebrated
dem is sometimes surprised an elated
but as yu mite have already guess
dem is often found wantin more or less

Sense Outta Nansense, Linton Kwesi Johnson.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 02:40:13 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 29, 2019, 03:38:45 PM »
WATCH: Previewing the 2019 TTFA Elections

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lA63vTbUtto" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lA63vTbUtto</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 30, 2019, 05:55:59 AM »
Excellent point by Dr. Alvin Henderson regarding the absence of women from the slates. I wish he had developed the point a bit more. That is, beyond having female representation on a slate there is a preceding need to have women as decision-making stakeholders across the realm of all the entities that render voting delegates to the final determination of who becomes TTFA president and in grassroots football. Otherwise, we run the risk of a cosmetic and shallow female representation, at election time, just to polish appearances.

This is a variation of an observation I've made in a recent post after the dismal Olympic qualification effort, in which I called for former and exiting NT players to assume more prolific roles in football.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 05:57:30 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Reports of TTFA letter to FIFA
« Reply #320 on: November 01, 2019, 06:48:06 AM »
Reports of TTFA letter to FIFA
United TTFA

United TTFA has been advised by multiple independent and credible sources of a letter emanating from the office of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association requesting the intervention of FIFA in the TTFA elections carded for 24 November 2019. Specifically, United TTFA has been informed this letter expresses concern over fraud in these elections and invites FIFA to establish a Normalization Committee to manage TTFA affairs into the foreseeable future.

Any claim that the TTFA's Electoral Committee is incapable of properly managing the Association's elections is an insult to the integrity of its members. And an intervention by FIFA into the internal afffairs of TTFA could only result in the further erosion of the Association's standing and credibility both locally and internationally.

United TTFA is in the process of securing hard evidence in this regard but as a precautionary and preemptive measure we call on the TTFA President to publicly verify or deny the information provided to United TTFA by more than one very credible source.

United TTFA will officially launch its Programme for the Salvation of TTFA tomorrow (Saturday 2 November) morning with a breakfast meeting to which all TTFA member delegates have been invited from 7.30AM at the Queen's Park Oval. With the public in mind, United TTFA is in the process of arranging a live stream of the event to be provided by Trinidad and Tobago Television Network (TTEN) on you tube from 9.00AM. Sportsmax will also air a delayed broadcast of the event.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 01, 2019, 07:55:56 AM »
Maybe from a fan perspective it would be strategic to trigger government intervention into the affairs of the national federation. Eventually that would pick the TTFA president and his collaborators as losers and the national community as winners.

Mr. Prime Minister, it's a winning proposition and a vote getter. Have you seen the response to the petition? It's a referendum on the land provided by the State to the TTFA.

Always better to grab the bull by the horns than to have de bull grab you by the horns.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 01, 2019, 10:56:33 AM »
Maybe from a fan perspective it would be strategic to trigger government intervention into the affairs of the national federation. Eventually that would pick the TTFA president and his collaborators as losers and the national community as winners.

Mr. Prime Minister, it's a winning proposition and a vote getter. Have you seen the response to the petition? It's a referendum on the land provided by the State to the TTFA.

Always better to grab the bull by the horns than to have de bull grab you by the horns.

The worse thing is for the govt to intervene in the election. FIFA will then ban TT because of govt intervention. What govt could do is pull the sponsorship money.  Then the league will collapse.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 01, 2019, 02:15:52 PM »

The worse thing is for the govt to intervene in the election. FIFA will then ban TT because of govt intervention. What govt could do is pull the sponsorship money.  Then the league will collapse.

Normalization means everything the word suggests. But, I didn't advocate for government intervention in the election. I was referring to outside of the context of the election. Suspension (per normalization) does not impede on the operation of a domestic league. Funding would. However, since government has historically been the primary mover ... unlike in other countries ... then gov't has a unique interest. Plus the land it provided the FA as a public good.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 02, 2019, 12:53:02 AM »

Normalization means everything the word suggests. But, I didn't advocate for government intervention in the election. I was referring to outside of the context of the election. Suspension (per normalization) does not impede on the operation of a domestic league. Funding would. However, since government has historically been the primary mover ... unlike in other countries ... then gov't has a unique interest. Plus the land it provided the FA as a public good.

However, since government has historically been the primary mover ... unlike in other countries

I beg to differ here. I think in most countries governments have a big say in sports. especially for stadiums. The US, England, Western Euro. Canada are some of the exceptions. But I am almost sure if the EFA has a guys like Jack or DJW doing havoc to their football, the govt plus MPs would have called for their  heads. Football, Rugby, cricket, horse racing are not mere sports, They employ a substantial amount of people.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 01:02:25 AM by Deeks »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 02, 2019, 04:48:29 AM »

However, since government has historically been the primary mover ... unlike in other countries

I beg to differ here. I think in most countries governments have a big say in sports. especially for stadiums. The US, England, Western Euro. Canada are some of the exceptions. But I am almost sure if the EFA has a guys like Jack or DJW doing havoc to their football, the govt plus MPs would have called for their  heads. Football, Rugby, cricket, horse racing are not mere sports, They employ a substantial amount of people.

You would be hard-pressed to find professional domestic leagues, particularly with our stated ambition, that are non-starters but for the disbursement of a government subvention.

No government subvention has meant no league. You and other sensible persons would understand that to mean that government has a vested interest in the outcome.
There's a widespread misconception that mere government action triggers a contravention of FIFA governmental non-interference, but that's not the case. A recent example is the Government of Bulgaria vis-a-vis the Bulgarian federation. Governments are not unable to help.

The issue of stadium finance and construction is a distinct matter from the State deeding land without private public partnership.

Football and the business of federations is not a private adventure in which governments need to silently acquiesce.

Also have a look at what prompted the resignation of the former Uruguay FA president. Our bombastic fool would be in grave difficulty in those waters.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 04:51:57 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #326 on: November 02, 2019, 10:55:24 AM »
Did TTFA ask FIFA to intervene?
By Andrew Gioannetti (Newsday).

United TTFA wants answers

UNITED TTFA, the slate led by William Wallace and set to contest the November 24 TT Football Association (TTFA) general election, is asking the football body's president David John-Williams to state publicly whether or not the association issued a letter to FIFA to request intervention in the upcoming vote.

In a media release issued yesterday, United TTFA said it was given reliable information that such a letter was sent to TTFA, which it says, if authentic, is an insult to the integrity of its members incapable of properly managing the election. There is speculation that the letter requested FIFA install a normalisation committee.

"United TTFA has been advised by multiple independent and credible sources of a letter emanating from the office of the TT Football Association requesting the intervention of FIFA in the TTFA elections carded for 24 November 2019.

"Specifically, United TTFA has been informed this letter expresses concern over fraud in these elections and invites FIFA to establish a normalisation Ccmmittee (sic) to manage TTFA affairs into the foreseeable future.

"Any claim that the TTFA's Electoral Committee is incapable of properly managing the association's elections is an insult to the integrity of its members," the media release read. "And an intervention by FIFA into the internal affairs of TTFA could only result in the further erosion of the association's standing and credibility both locally and internationally.

Newsday was unable to reach John-Williams yesterday for confirmation of the letter's authenticity.

However, while United TTFA said it was in the process of securing "hard evidence" of the letter and its contents, the group asked that John-Williams declare publicly the veracity of the letter's purported contents, although it added that it received the information from more than one "very credible source."

United TTFA, led by Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) president William Wallace, will contest the November 24 TTFA elections. The slate will launch its manifesto titled Programme for the Salvation of TTFA, this morning at the Queen's Park Oval, Woodbrook.

The event will be streamed live on TT Television Network (TTEN), from 9 am, while Sportmax will air a delayed broadcast.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 02, 2019, 05:46:06 PM »
WATCH: The launch of United TTFA's manifesto, Programme for the Salvation of the TTFA.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/siqeNkebmSE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/siqeNkebmSE</a>
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 05:47:52 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #328 on: November 02, 2019, 05:59:27 PM »
Wallace unveils TTFA Presidential plans.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

Glob­al sports­wear gi­ants Nike is set to head­line a long list of in­ter­na­tion­al spon­sors that have all giv­en their com­mit­ment to the Unit­ed TTFA, should they be elect­ed in­to of­fice at the T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion Elec­tion on No­vem­ber 24.

This was re­vealed by William Wal­lace, the Unit­ed TTFA pres­i­den­tial can­di­date at a break­fast launch at the Pres­i­dent's Box at the Queen's Park Oval, Port-of-Spain on Sat­ur­day, dur­ing the de­liv­ery of a com­pre­hen­sive pre­sen­ta­tion of his group's man­i­festo, which showed that well over US$30 mil­lion will be gen­er­at­ed from in­ter­na­tion­al com­pa­nies around the world alone. The com­pa­nies are based in In­dia, Switzer­land and the Unit­ed States and oth­er coun­tries.

Wal­lace, a suc­cess sto­ry at the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL) for many years, not­ed al­so that his group will still at­tempt to source fund­ing from gov­ern­ment, FI­FA and cor­po­rate T&T.

Some of the in­ter­na­tion­al com­pa­nies pro­vid­ed Wal­lace with let­ters of com­mit­ment such as Spec­trum Brands, which has agreed to con­struct six small-goal/fut­sal fields across T&T for a three-year pe­ri­od, while a new­ly in­tro­duced top tier foot­ball sys­tem, fea­tur­ing a League 1 and League 2 tour­na­ment, at a to­tal val­ue of $16,800,000, will be fund­ed by in­ter­na­tion­al com­pa­nies, such as VAR­TA, Ul­tra PRO, Pfis­ter, PRO-SENSE, Rem­ing­ton, Din­go, FOR­TIS, Bir­dola, Sports­man, Bread­man and Kwik­set etc.

Nike ex­pect­ed­ly will pro­vide uni­forms for all the coun­try's foot­ball teams: set up a re­tail sports out­let at one of the sta­dia, which will at­tract more busi­ness ac­tiv­i­ty Wal­lace be­lieves, as well as pro­vide a size­able con­tri­bu­tion to the Unit­ed TTFA, which the No­vem­ber 24 pres­i­den­tial can­di­date said, is still to be ne­go­ti­at­ed.

He said un­der the Unit­ed TTFA, T&T Women foot­ball will have an in­de­pen­dent in­ter­na­tion­al spon­sor for the first time.

Wal­lace said the funds will be need­ed to re­pair a sport dam­aged un­der the David John-Williams-led ad­min­is­tra­tion. He point­ed to the coun­try's youth, se­nior men and women's pro­grammes, the coun­try's in­abil­i­ty to qual­i­fy for the Olympics and World Cup tour­na­ments, the string of loss­es by the coun­try's se­nior team and an al­most ir­repara­ble debt which has led to on­go­ing dis­cus­sions with cred­i­tors etc, to clear it.

The event at­tract­ed a large cross-sec­tion of foot­ball fra­ter­ni­ty which in­clud­ed Col­in Mur­ray, Os­mund Down­er and Joseph Tay­lor (ref­er­ees), Kei­th Jef­frey (San Juan Jabloteh), Brent San­cho (Cen­tral FC/Pro League) and Clay­ton Mor­ris.

Wal­lace said arrange­ments for a joint part­ner­ship agree­ment will be reached with a com­pa­ny to fin­ish the Home of Foot­ball and have it man­aged at a prof­it-shar­ing ba­sis.

Wal­lace called on the mem­bers of the elec­torate to not vote for him and his slate, but vote for the sport of foot­ball.

He first sought to clear the air on the mis­per­cep­tion that a vote for him is throw­ing sup­port be­hind his group's out-spo­ken mem­ber Kei­th Look Loy. He then asked, "What has Look Loy done for peo­ple to be afraid of him. What has he done wrong?"

Wal­lace said de­spite be­ing Board mem­bers, they are still un­aware of what the debt of the TTFA is at present.

He said, "It is against this back­ground that we seek help for foot­ball out­side of T&T. We agreed that lever­ag­ing stronger cur­ren­cies will be cru­cial to the sur­vival of the FA. Of course, with good gov­er­nance, with the ma­jor tenets be­ing hon­esty, trans­paren­cy and in­clu­sive­ness, we ex­pect to win back cor­po­rate T&T af­ter No­vem­ber 24. The suc­cess­ful part­ner­ships that the unit­ed TTFA has been able to es­tab­lished out­side T&T, demon­strate that once peo­ple with in­tegri­ty come for­ward to lead, peo­ple are will­ing to help."

Wal­lace point­ed out the Unit­ed TTFA will al­so move to get na­tion­al foot­ball back on the tele­vi­sion by hir­ing Flows­ports founder and di­rec­tor Sean Ri­ley to han­dle its tv rights, its links to oth­er net­works and to be their mar­ket­ing per­son­al.

In re­sponse, Ri­ley said, among oth­er things, he will help ne­go­ti­ate the tele­vi­sion rights from the CON­CA­CAF for key match­es.

Ear­li­er Look Loy, in a pow­er-point pre­sen­ta­tion pro­duced an or­gan­i­sa­tion­al chart that will be the guide for T&T foot­ball when the group as­sume the reigns of pow­er. The chart shows the Board of Di­rec­tors for which all com­mit­tees and mem­bers will be re­port to and ac­count­able to.

Look Loy, the groups chief or­gan­is­er said to en­sure suc­cess in the sport, the new TTFA will have a func­tion­al tech­ni­cal com­mit­tee, di­rec­tor and tech­ni­cal de­part­ment: na­tion­al tal­ent iden­ti­fi­ca­tion pro­gramme (par­tic­u­lar­ly at the youth lev­el): ed­u­ca­tion for all types of per­son­nel: func­tion­al club-li­cens­ing and club pro­gramme: re­gion­al pro­gramme that will be head­ed by paid re­gion­al di­rec­tors and pro­grammes that will link with the tal­ent iden­ti­fi­ca­tion pro­gramme.

He said that there will be a train­ing cen­tre in To­ba­go, in­clu­sive of a dor­mi­to­ry and cafe­te­ria, gym­na­si­um, foot­ball fields, em­ploy­ment of a youth foot­ball man­ag­er among oth­ers, etc.

United TTFA Rise Up

« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 06:02:11 PM by Flex »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 03, 2019, 03:57:28 AM »
Well done fellers, now let’s chase that crazy ball head and his duncey headed coach out of the town. it’s been almost three years this dunce has been coaching the team and there’s absolutely no system  no brand and  no philosophy to speak of. time to get rid.

1]; } ?>