21 (38.9%)
Clynt Taylor
1 (1.9%)
David John-Williams
8 (14.8%)
Other
5 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: TTFA Presidency Polls; The countdown to election begins.  (Read 75334 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA Presidency Polls; The countdown to election begins.
« Reply #330 on: November 03, 2019, 08:32:48 AM »
CLICK HERE to download United TTFA's presentation/manifesto.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 03, 2019, 09:20:59 AM »
SOS! Man overboard! A man jump ship!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 03, 2019, 09:23:46 AM »
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 03, 2019, 02:02:23 PM »
WATCH: Ruskin Mark has a sneak peek into what is being promised by United TTFA.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IT77AlabOfE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IT77AlabOfE</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 03, 2019, 04:55:15 PM »
Wallace drop ah "pellucidly clear" ...  Lil bit more and ah say ah watching Prime Minister's Questions  :rotfl:

Parliamentary subtleties if yuh paying attention.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 05:00:49 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 03, 2019, 04:59:07 PM »
???

Word is that there has been a defection from one camp to the other. De Nike vibe$ tell him ... Just Do It!  :)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 03, 2019, 05:46:52 PM »
A gale of fresh air!

Enthusiastically welcomed  ;D
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 03, 2019, 05:57:13 PM »
I liked the platform presentation. I saw some people in the video I had not see in some years. Jeez, Downer is a 100 yrs old and he still kicking butt. Good to see him there. Peter Rampersad, Sam Phillip, Sancho, I think Eddie Hart was there, Harford. Mike Grayson. So let's hear what the other groups have to present and try to sway the voters.. That is if they have anything, except the constant refrain that the home of football will solve we problem.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 03, 2019, 06:52:11 PM »
Eddison Dean, Ferguson's Vice Presidential pick, has dropped off the slate and thrown his support behind United TTFA
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 03, 2019, 07:17:16 PM »
Is William Wallace from tobago? he sounds like it. well whatever it takes to clean up this mess I’m fully supportive of. it seem like tobago people have much more together than trinidadians, Keith rowley a hard worker, Beverly Ramsey more another hard worker and hopefully William Wallace. let’s turn this ship around please.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 03, 2019, 10:25:01 PM »
???

Word is that there has been a defection from one camp to the other. De Nike vibe$ tell him ... Just Do It!  :)
oh typical hopefully if all dat is true, people invovled resist d draw to be wasteful or self serving should the promised resources actually become reality. I would like to see a field and football cage or 2 in as many communities as possible and of course the required ground work to get people into/onto them.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 11:25:29 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #341 on: November 04, 2019, 01:36:04 AM »
Dean withdraws candidacy, backs United TTFA.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Ed­di­son Dean, the can­di­date nom­i­nat­ed by Richard Fer­gu­son for first vice-pres­i­dent po­si­tion in T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion's (TTFA) No­vem­ber 24 elec­tions, has with­drawn from the slate and to sup­port Unit­ed TTFA.

His de­ci­sion came af­ter at­tend­ing a break­fast launch at the Pres­i­dent's Box at the Queen's Park Oval, Port-of-Spain on Sat­ur­day, where the Unit­ed TTFA pres­i­den­tial can­di­date William Wal­lace de­liv­ered a com­pre­hen­sive pre­sen­ta­tion of his group's man­i­fes­to and a promised of fi­nan­cial in­vest­ments to start his term of of­fice.

In his with­draw­al state­ment is­sued on Sun­day, Dean said: "De­spite the fact that I am named as a run­ning mate of Richard Fer­gu­son for the TTFA elec­tions on 24 No­vem­ber, I was in­vit­ed, as the own­er of Club San­do, to at­tend this event - the launch of the Unit­ed TTFA elec­tion pro­gramme.

"I came with an open mind, pre­pared to as­sess what I heard. Hav­ing seen and heard the Unit­ed TTFA plans for the re­struc­tur­ing and re­vival of T&T foot­ball, and more­so their plans for the fi­nanc­ing of this ma­jor over­haul, I be­lieve I am bound by my re­spon­si­bil­i­ty to foot­ball and the na­tion­al com­mu­ni­ty to with­draw my can­di­da­cy and to pub­licly de­clare my sup­port for Unit­ed TTFA."

At Sat­ur­day's break­fast event, Dean learned of a num­ber of in­ter­na­tion­al spon­sors in­clud­ing glob­al sports­wear gi­ant Nike that have giv­en their com­mit­ment to the Unit­ed TTFA, should the body be elect­ed in­to of­fice at the TTFA elec­tion.

In Wal­lace's ad­dress, the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL) pres­i­dent shared that well over US$30 mil­li­on will be gen­er­at­ed from in­ter­na­tion­al com­pa­nies around the world, pri­mar­i­ly based in In­dia, Switzer­land and the Unit­ed States. He al­so not­ed that Unit­ed TTFA will still at­tempt to source fund­ing from gov­ern­ment, FI­FA and cor­po­rate T&T.

"The task be­fore us re­quires not on­ly ma­jor fi­nance, which Unit­ed TTFA has al­ready be­gun to set in place, but al­so a huge col­lec­tive ef­fort on all fronts," said Dean.

He con­tin­ued: "I, there­fore, com­mit my sup­port in the elec­tion and be­yond to a new, pro­gres­sive Unit­ed TTFA ad­min­is­tra­tion and call on the mem­ber­ship of the TTFA to do the same. Unit­ed TTFA has re­ceived an in­un­da­tion of sup­port from per­sons both with­in and out­side of the TTFA since yes­ter­day's (mean­ing Sat­ur­day) event."

A num­ber of mem­bers from the foot­ball fra­ter­ni­ty at­tend­ed the break­fast event in­clud­ing Col­in Mur­ray, Os­mund Down­er and Joseph Tay­lor (ref­er­ees), Kei­th Jef­frey (San Juan Jabloteh), Brent San­cho (Cen­tral FC/Pro League) and for­mer na­tion­al cap­tain Clay­ton Mor­ris.

RELATED NEWS

United TTFA says, Nike deal in the pipeline.
By Jelani Beckles (Newsday).

WILLIAM Wallace, the man attempting to unseat president of the TT Football Association (TTFA) David John-Williams, is closing in on securing millions of dollars in sponsorship if elected when the TTFA elections are held on November 24.

Wallace and his team made a two-hour long presentation on their plans to help TT football move forward, at the President's Box, Queen's Park Oval, St Clair, yesterday morning in front of 50 local football stakeholders. Also going up for office with Wallace are Clynt Taylor (first vice-president), Susan Joseph-Warrick (second vice-president) and Sam Phillip (third vice-president). TT Super League president Keith Look Loy and Northern Football Association president Anthony Harford are also part of the United TTFA.

Wallace and Look Loy were the presenters with the pair outlining the team's plans and strategies that included: a national programme, regional programme, Tobago programme, youth football, women's football and competitions. Wallace even tried to inspire those in attendance through song, as Black Stalin's We Could Make It If We Try was a part of the presentation.

The moment that created a huge stir was the number of sponsors, some international, the United TTFA has already attracted if elected in three weeks. Some of the potential sponsors are Spectrum Brands, Scottish Enterprise, Tourism Ireland, Currencies Direct, The Travel Company Edinburgh and the world's largest supplier of sports apparel, footwear and accessories – Nike. These partnerships are expected to add up to millions.

On the partnership with Nike, Wallace said, "We all know who Nike is. I cannot sit in this room today and say this if I did not want to face the courts. This has happened and Nike will be in this region."

Wallace, the current president of the T&T Secondary Schools Football League, said Nike will not only sponsor uniforms. "What are they coming with? Not just giving us uniforms from the primary school to all our teams, but Nikey is coming in to set up a retail store. What does that mean for the TTFA? The venture of course will provide a permanent revenue stream to the FA."

Wallace said the partnership with Nike will pay special attention to women's football. "In addition to providing apparel for the teams, including schools, as part of an ongoing project they have a separate campaign for our women's football. Of course that will boost women's football in T&T."

In a powerpoint presentation, letters of commitment were shown to give confirmation of the interest shown by sponsors.

"I am not asking you to vote for William Wallace, I am asking you to vote for football. I am asking you to give football a chance because this is what this team is going to bring to T&T," Wallace said.

Sean Riley, founder of TV channel Flow Sports, (left Flow a few months ago), will be brought on board in an effort to have more local football on TV. Riley said, "The United TTFA reached out to me to see if I would be an adviser to help look after a few areas. Media rights in particular, also TV production and distribution of that content and creating new content and a little bit in marketing and activation of sponsorships."

Riley said he and his team have created a business called Maco Sport to serve the TTFA and maximise the value of media rights, marketing and sponsorship.

Wallace also discussed the leadership of John-Williams. He said over the last four years under John-Williams the performances of our national teams are deplorable. "Pre December 2015 our men's senior team and women's senior team brought thousands of supporters to the stadium (and) our age group teams were excelling. What was responsible for that? You need to ask yourself that question. What has happened since? Election, new administration and a total reversal of our fortunes on and off the field. Men's senior team have had record losses...women's team programme remains in disarray for an extensive period. No success at any level on the field of play, drastic fall away of our fan base. (The) recent qualifier against Honduras, 78 covered stands tickets sold." John-Williams was elected as TTFA president in November 2015.

Wallace encouraged everyone not to give up on T&T football. "If there is anyone sitting in this room who refuses to accept that our football has hit rock bottom then that person is in the wrong room...we the United TTFA are confident that the approach that we have taken would signal to you and the rest of TT that there is definitely hope."

« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 02:51:29 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 04, 2019, 10:54:30 AM »
Ultimately, Ferguson's selection of Dean ought to be chalked in the category of bad judgement.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 04, 2019, 12:09:24 PM »
Ultimately, Ferguson's selection of Dean ought to be chalked in the category of bad judgement.
don't know d Dean fella, but given TTFA financial frailty could d perceived disloyalty here be based on actual and true introspection or ah greedy move, ah get d impression yuh opinion falls in d latter category
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 12:10:55 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 04, 2019, 01:03:52 PM »
don't know d Dean fella, but given TTFA financial frailty could d perceived disloyalty here be based on actual and true introspection or ah greedy move, ah get d impression yuh opinion falls in d latter category

Neither of the above.

My contention is that as presidential candidate Ferguson ought to have established concretely that Dean was FULLY aboard with him and FULLY invested in his proposed vision for the organization. Clearly, that's not what occurred here.

Of course, as a matter of principle one could suggest that Dean "committed" to Ferguson and ought to have remained tethered to him, but that is clearly not what happened. And, it is much better that this occur now rather than later.

Dean seems to have been moved by the tangible rather than the speculative. It is even worse judgement when one considers that Ferguson is handicapped by being unable to replace Dean.

The proper way for Dean to have handled this would have been to communicate to Ferguson his decision prior to shifting tack. Indications are that may not have happened.

This again goes back to "presidential judgement". As we say on the field, know your players. 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 01:15:43 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: November 04, 2019, 02:13:39 PM »

Neither of the above.

My contention is that as presidential candidate Ferguson ought to have established concretely that Dean was FULLY aboard with him and FULLY invested in his proposed vision for the organization. Clearly, that's not what occurred here.

Of course, as a matter of principle one could suggest that Dean "committed" to Ferguson and ought to have remained tethered to him, but that is clearly not what happened. And, it is much better that this occur now rather than later.

Dean seems to have been moved by the tangible rather than the speculative. It is even worse judgement when one considers that Ferguson is handicapped by being unable to replace Dean.

The proper way for Dean to have handled this would have been to communicate to Ferguson his decision prior to shifting tack. Indications are that may not have happened.

This again goes back to "presidential judgement". As we say on the field, know your players. 

ok fair enough......dat not right
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 04, 2019, 03:21:50 PM »
WATCH: TTFA President David John Williams called a press conference today at the Home of Football Hotel to address matters arising from launch of "United TTFA"

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OSfp2iUZKVM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OSfp2iUZKVM</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 04, 2019, 04:31:59 PM »
This nasty fat f**ker would not go easily at all. he so reminds me of kamla and the UNC who is trying to dig up dirt where there is none just to gain an unfair advantage instead of fighting the good fight and losing gracefully. it reminds me of what he did earlier this year when he dodged the vote of no confidence due to a technicality.

Wallace timkee and lok loy better be careful with this man and dot all their i’s and cross all their T’s from now on, because it seems like he has a good eye for errors and would exploit any avenue he could find to remain in power, and if he can’t then he seems the type to burn the house if he can’t live in it.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 04, 2019, 04:53:11 PM »
Reminds me of the old saying “when something ain’t broke don’t try to fix it” and that’s what we got for removing mr timkee from office. I’ve never seen a country with so much bachanal and rigmarole surrounding every thing they do, it’s in the politics, the judiciary, selecting a police commissioner, the pantrinbago, sports,  carnival, it’s every aspect of the people’s life style in that country, it’s so disturbing TBH.

now i see this man is looking for any excuse to stay another term, he did not build that home of football out of the goodness of his heart  just so that  others cluld benefit thereby and he would use any excuse to find another four years, i just hope that this thing does not turn into a loop hole for this clown to stay another term in office.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 04, 2019, 06:23:16 PM »
Where DJW 2019 manifesto?

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 04, 2019, 08:00:55 PM »
This nasty fat f**ker would not go easily at all. he so reminds me of kamla and the UNC who is trying to dig up dirt where there is none just to gain an unfair advantage instead of fighting the good fight and losing gracefully. it reminds me of what he did earlier this year when he dodged the vote of no confidence due to a technicality.

Wallace timkee and lok loy better be careful with this man and dot all their i’s and cross all their T’s from now on, because it seems like he has a good eye for errors and would exploit any avenue he could find to remain in power, and if he can’t then he seems the type to burn the house if he can’t live in it.

...too bad he cant notice his own....

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 04, 2019, 08:12:02 PM »
WATCH: TTFA President David John Williams called a press conference today at the Home of Football Hotel to address matters arising from launch of "United TTFA"

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OSfp2iUZKVM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OSfp2iUZKVM</a>

Oh lawd

the drama n pettiness cant end

Home of football opening in a couple weeks, but isn't an election ploy ...

but these TTFA laws concerning nomination and acceptance for electoral candidates has to be reviewed. It's laughable

who is on the electoral committee?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #352 on: November 05, 2019, 01:30:19 AM »
Junior Sammy companies cry foul against United TTFA.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion pres­i­dent David John-Williams is al­leg­ing fraud by the Unit­ed T&TFA over their use of a let­ter of com­mit­ment from the Ju­nior Sam­my Group of Com­pa­nies as a po­ten­tial spon­sor, if the group is elect­ed in­to of­fice at the as­so­ci­a­tion's An­nu­al Gen­er­al Meet­ing (AGM) and elec­tion on No­vem­ber 24.

Con­cerns arose on Mon­day af­ter the Ju­nior Sam­my Group is­sued a re­lease deny­ing it had made any fi­nan­cial com­mit­ment to the Unit­ed TTFA's elec­tion cam­paign.

In a hasti­ly arranged press con­fer­ence at the Home of Foot­ball in Cou­va on Mon­day, John-Williams said there ap­peared to be a forged sig­na­ture on the let­ter pre­sent­ed to the me­dia on Sat­ur­day bear­ing the al­leged sig­na­ture of Hugh Mur­phy as Ju­nior Sam­my Group chair­man.

Ju­nior Sam­my Group ex­ec­u­tive chair­man Ju­nior Sam­my, how­ev­er, dis­tanced his com­pa­ny from any af­fil­i­a­tion with the Unit­ed TTFA in the me­dia re­lease on Mon­day.

"It has been brought to our at­ten­tion that an un­dat­ed let­ter bear­ing our group's lo­go was pre­sent­ed at a meet­ing held on Sat­ur­day by the Unit­ed TTFA slate, pur­port­ing that our group of com­pa­nies sup­ports Mr Wal­lace and the Unit­ed TTFA Slate in the up­com­ing TTFA elec­tions to be held on No­vem­ber 24, 2019. We have al­so been ad­vised that the let­ter was high­light­ed in the pre­sen­ta­tion and is now avail­able on the var­i­ous so­cial me­dia plat­forms.

"The com­pa­ny wish­es to ad­vise that no such let­ter has been is­sued by the of­fice of the chair­man of our group of com­pa­nies or au­tho­rised to be is­sued by any of our com­pa­nies with­in the group for that mat­ter. We, there­fore, call on the pub­lish­ers of the pre­sen­ta­tion to im­me­di­ate­ly re­move this false doc­u­ment from its re­leas­es and to is­sue a suit­ably word­ed re­trac­tion re­gard­ing such grave mis­rep­re­sen­ta­tion."

The re­lease added, "Our group of com­pa­nies has al­ways sup­port­ed the var­i­ous ad­min­is­tra­tion of the TTFA in their ef­forts to de­vel­op and pro­mote the tal­ents of our youth on the na­tion­al and in­ter­na­tion­al are­nas s part of our cor­po­rate so­cial re­spon­si­bil­i­ty thrust and has en­joyed a healthy and am­i­ca­ble re­la­tion­ship with it."

Guardian Me­dia Sports learnt that Mur­phy is not the Ju­nior Sam­my Group chair­man but an em­ploy­ee at the com­pa­ny. Fur­ther, in­ves­ti­ga­tions al­so re­vealed that Mur­phy did not sign the let­ter pre­sent­ed at Sat­ur­day's launch of the Unit­ed TTFA team of can­di­dates at the Queen's Park Oval in Port-of-Spain.

Yes­ter­day, John-Williams, the in­cum­bent TTFA pres­i­dent, said up­on hear­ing the news he sought to do dam­age con­trol as the Ju­nior Sam­my Group has al­ways been one of the TTFA's cor­po­rate part­ners. He hint­ed that there could be se­ri­ous con­se­quences out of this lat­est de­vel­op­ment.

Dur­ing Sat­ur­day's at the Queen's Park Oval launch, William Wal­lace, who heads Unit­ed TTFA slate, told a large au­di­ence that he had re­ceived com­mit­ments, writ­ten and ver­bal­ly, from lo­cal and in­ter­na­tion­al com­pa­nies who were pre­pared to sup­port the Unit­ed TTFA if they got in­to of­fice. Apart from the Ju­nior Sam­my Group, glob­al sports­wear gi­ants Nike head­ed the list of in­ter­na­tion­al spon­sors he named.

John-Williams main­tained that com­ment about the sit­u­a­tion was in no way a ploy to ben­e­fit his re-elec­tion cam­paign but said he felt he had to main­tain the TTFA's re­la­tion­ship with the Ju­nior Sam­my Group of Com­pa­nies.

When con­tact­ed on the is­sue yes­ter­day, how­ev­er, Wal­lace had a dif­fer­ent view.

"I saw two dif­fer­ent things, John-Williams say­ing it was a fraud. I saw Ju­nior Sam­my say­ing it was unau­tho­rised and my in­ves­ti­ga­tion in­di­cat­ed to me that it was unau­tho­rised. Just as we have peo­ple work­ing for us in­ter­na­tion­al­ly, we have peo­ple on the ground here in T&T work­ing for us," Wal­lace said.

How­ev­er, he re­fused to ac­knowl­edge that the let­ter was fake.

"We re­ceived three let­ters of in­tent which we re­ceived dur­ing the pre­sen­ta­tion and there­fore here was no rea­son to doubt any­thing. As a mat­ter of fact, one of the per­sons who sent that let­ter was sit­ting in the room, of Caribbean Chem­i­cals. I sub­se­quent­ly found out that that let­ter (from Ju­nior Sam­my Group of Com­pa­nies) was sent out by an ad­min­is­tra­tive staff and that per­son is ac­tu­al­ly will­ing to send a let­ter of apol­o­gy to both the Unit­ed TTFA and the Ju­nior Sam­my Group of Com­pa­nies."

He added, "From what I gath­er, dis­cus­sions did take place be­tween the Chief Ex­ec­u­tive Of­fi­cer of the com­pa­ny Mr Mur­phy and the per­son with­in the ad­min­is­tra­tive staff who sent out the let­ter on be­half of of the com­pa­ny. That dis­cus­sion did take place but I think the per­son went ahead be­fore any fi­nal de­ci­sion was made."

Wal­lace, the cur­rent pres­i­dent of the Sec­ondary School Foot­ball League (SS­FL), said what was im­por­tant to make clear is that the Unit­ed TTFA was not part of craft­ing any let­ter. He said he will have more in­for­ma­tion soon but he said he did not fore­see this de­vel­op­ment ham­per­ing their chances at the elec­tion as they had agree­ments with many oth­er com­pa­nies still on the ta­ble.

RELATED NEWS

John-Williams calls for police probe.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

Jr Sammy denies agreement with United TTFA –

THE UNITED TTFA (TT Football Association) is being accused of presenting a false document, allegedly issued by the Junior Sammy Group of Companies, at their election campaign launch, on Saturday, at the Queen’s Park Oval, St Clair.

But William Wallace, the United TTFA’s presidential nominee, has admitted that the document (an undated letter bearing the group’s logo and purporting that the company supports Wallace and his team at the November 24 TTFA elections), was an error from someone seeking sponsorship for the group, in the event that they emerge victorious in the elections.

According to a media release signed by Junior Sammy, executive chairman of the Junior Sammy Group of Companies, “The Company wishes to advice that no such letter has been issued by the office of the chairman of our group of companies or authorised to be issued by any of our companies within the group for that matter.”

The media release read, “Our group of companies has always supported the various administrations of the TTFA in their efforts to develop and promote the talents of our youth on the national and international arenas, as part of our corporate social responsibility thrust and has enjoyed a healthy and amicable relationship with it.”

TTFA president David John-Williams, in a hastily-arranged media conference, at the Home of Football, Balmain, Couva yesterday, said, “I met with the Junior Sammy Group (yesterday), purely to address the situation and do some damage control.

“As president of the TTFA, I met with them to do some damage control...The rest is going to be left with the Police Service. I call upon them to investigate this matter seriously because it involves a forged document being used (and) forged signatures being appended. The TTFA is utterly dismayed and apologises to the Junior Sammy Group for what has transpired.”

Wallace, in a response last evening, commented, “(United TTFA) have a couple people who have been working, trying to get some sponsorship for us on the ground. We received three letters of intent from two of those persons – Junior Sammy Group of Companies being one of them, Joe Pires Caribbean Chemicals and the Club House.

“It came (with) a letterhead and signed by the CEO of Junior Sammy Group of Companies,” he added. “Now that we’re hearing this, an investigation has taken place and we found out that one of the persons who’s actually seeking sponsorship for us – an administrative person working for that person – sent out that letter. That letter should not have been sent out.”

Wallace, who is also the president of the Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL), said, “This has put us in a very funny place and we have decided that the (wrongful) person will issue a letter of apology to us, to the Junior Sammy Group of Companies and to (their) CEO.”

John-Williams, during yesterday’s media conference, said, “People would see (this) as an election ploy. No, it is not. This is only one of a few statements that (are) going to be coming out by the TTFA.”

John-Williams pointed out, “Junior Sammy has been a big corporate sponsor for us achieving what we have achieved with the Home of Football. They’ve invested over $1 million in equipment to bring a facility like this to fruition. They have been a very good corporate sponsor. It’s unfortunate something like this had to happen.”

However, John-Williams remained coy about if he will be seeking re-election. “When the time is ready for that announcement, I would make it,” he said. “It’s for the electoral committee to announce.”

About his four-year-long tenure thus far, the TTFA boss said, “My track record speaks for itself.” And John-Williams gave a new time frame for the opening of the Home of Football. “I can say publicly that this facility will be opening within the next two weeks. I’ll leave it like that. I don’t want people to say that I’m making an election campaign.”

« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 01:36:43 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 05, 2019, 08:06:14 AM »
As much as people want to get on DJW back on this, this was a blunder by U-TTFA cross T's and dot I's when snakes in the grass.....hopefully the damage can be minimized enough to not be lifeline DJW hoping for.
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 05, 2019, 08:31:05 AM »
As much as people want to get on DJW back on this, this was a blunder by U-TTFA cross T's and dot I's when snakes in the grass.....hopefully the damage can be minimized enough to not be lifeline DJW hoping for.

Unless non-existing sponsors start emerging as bounteously as Trump's Me Too victims, United TTFA should continue on its path. DJW holds NO moral high ground on these matters. None.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 05, 2019, 11:02:19 AM »

Unless non-existing sponsors start emerging as bounteously as Trump's Me Too victims, United TTFA should continue on its path. DJW holds NO moral high ground on these matters. None.
in trinidad greed an' frenism does make anyting possible, Assim Basarat win TTCB Pres on ah nutten argument, and oversaw massive decline in a previously ascendant TTCB.....reminds u of someone?
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 05, 2019, 08:20:18 PM »
However, John-Williams remained coy about if he will be seeking re-election. “When the time is ready for that announcement, I would make it,” he said. “It’s for the electoral committee to announce.”

We cyah get another hastily-arranged media conference?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 05, 2019, 08:36:12 PM »
Just live streamed the 7 pm news and the United tiff issued an apology to jr sammy and claim it was a document issued by a supporter and not from the United ttff who urged the supporter to also issue an apology. i hope this is the end of that and mr DJW doesn’t milk it for all it’s got.

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 05, 2019, 10:52:51 PM »
It sounds like a modernization of football, but we've been fooled before ::)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #359 on: November 06, 2019, 02:39:32 AM »
Gary waits for TTFA ‘forgery’ complaint.
By Jelani Beckles (Newsday).

CoP says: No one has filed an official report

POLICE Commissioner Gary Griffith is yet to receive a complaint from the TT Football Association (TTFA) to investigate the use of what appears to be a forged document issued in the name of the Junior Sammy Group of Companies in support of the United TT Football Association (United TTFA) in the upcoming TTFA elections.

“I have received no correspondence whatsoever, nobody has filed an official report to me as of this time so until then I will just wait out,” he told Newsday yesterday.

Incumbent TTFA president David John-Williams, on Monday, said the matter would be referred to the police after the Junior Sammy Group denied that a letter endorsing United TTFA and its presidential nominee William Wallace had been issued by the executive chairman – Junior Sammy – or the group’s subsidiaries.

“I call upon them (police) to investigate this matter seriously because it involves a forged document being used (and) forged signatures being appended,” John-Williams said during a press conference at the Home of Football, Couva.

However, Griffith said he could not comment on the allegation because the TTFA had not made any report to the police.

“All I am hearing is what is being bandied about in the media,” said Griffith, an avid football advocate who this year held the Commissioner’s Cup – a community football tournament. As the fallout continues, United TTFA again admitted an error in releasing an unauthorised letter claiming support from the Junior Sammy Group for its bid for control of the TTFA during its campaign launch last Saturday.

In a statement yesterday, the United TTFA said it took “full responsibility” for sharing the letter with local football stakeholders – including coaches and club owners – at its presentation at Queen’s Park Oval, Port of Spain.

The letter bore the name Hugh Murphy and a signature, under the title of chairman of the Junior Sammy Group and said it supported Williams and United TTFA in the November 24 TTFA elections, and as “the new administration of local football in 2020 and beyond.”

However, the construction giant, in a release on Monday, denied issuing the letter and noted that as a corporate sponsor it has always supported the administrations of the TTFA and always “enjoyed a healthy and amicable relationship with it.”

The company statement did not refer to the name Hugh Murphy, although this person is listed on LinkedIn as the president of the Junior Sammy Co Ltd – a subsidiary – and represented the group on the board of the TT Contractors Association during the 2016-2017 term.

United TTFA yesterday said the unauthorised letter was one of three it received from corporate sponsors “through a third party and supporter of the United TTFA”, which were received on the morning of its presentation. “At that time, and until yesterday’s (Monday’s) press conference held by the TTFA president, United TTFA had no reason to question the authenticity of any of these letters,” said the association.

It claimed the other two letters “have proven to be authentic”, but did not identify who the letters were from. United TTFA said it has sent a letter of apology to the Junior Sammy Group, and has asked “the person/s” who provided the unauthorised letter to also send a letter of apology to the group. The association said it too received a letter of apology from the unnamed supporter.

United TTFA further addressed the presentation of two letters of support from foreign corporate sponsors addressed to former TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee who had considered running again. However, after withdrawing, the foreign support was transferred to Wallace. However, at Saturday’s meeting the letters to Tim Kee were also included in the presentation, alongside the revised ones for Wallace.

United TTFA assured that since Monday’s events it had “reconfirmed the commitment of all foreign companies revealed in the presentation.”

1]; } ?>