21 (38.9%)
Clynt Taylor
1 (1.9%)
David John-Williams
8 (14.8%)
Other
5 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: TTFA Presidency Polls; The countdown to election begins.  (Read 75360 times)

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 TTFA Presidency Polls; The countdown to election begins.
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2015, 01:57:33 PM »
What sparked Ramesh's decision to run? He came out of nowhere. Also what's Fenwick's role in his campaign?
So I'm officially the campaign manager for Ramesh Ramdhan. I've accepted his offer to work with him to get elected as President and ultimately reform TTFA and save our football. I've begun working with him to finalise his vision and his plans and we'll be officially launching the campaign on November 4th. We expect most of the delegates and stakeholders to be there, including supporters' representation. So  please let me know which two Reps from the forum invitations should be sent to. 
So you can accuse me of being biased in this thread from here on. But I will continue to look at this objectively for the good of T&T football. 
I'll be sharing some plans etc. straight from the horses mouth, so to speak.
Please, I welcome all objective and honest suggestions, feedback and criticisms.
I'll also organise an interview with the gloves off for the forum.
Let me know the two reps please.
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2015, 11:41:32 PM »
Congrats on your endeavour. Good luck. But can you explain the issue with the CFA clubs who have issues with your candidate?

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2015, 09:59:11 PM »
Congrats on your endeavour. Good luck. But can you explain the issue with the CFA clubs who have issues with your candidate?
Thanks Deeks.
From what was explained to me. Gosine who owns Harlem strikers is the one pushing all the bachanal.
He has his eyes set on the CFA Presidency. And One of the TTFA candidates Clint Taylor is one of his employees. Go figure. I not able with these Football Politics oui.
Anyway as per the constitution. Individual Clubs don't vote. Each zone has delegates that are appointed by the clubs and the delegates vote on behalf of the zone. CFA is allowed 3 delegates/votes.

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2015, 10:05:01 PM »
BTW. This is Walter Alibey's third incorrect article in the last few weeks.
The first which got Sheldon fired, which he had to retract. The second regarding Ramdhan and the CFA which he had to retract. And now this one, again on Ramdhan and the CFA which he will probably have to retract too.
Alibey either incompetent. Or somebody pulling his strings
(Journalism 101. Check your facts before publishing)

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2015, 08:05:39 AM »
Anyone but Ramesh Ramdhan and Raymond Tim Kee.

Both of them have worked with Jack Warner.

Terry Fenwick is jobless looking for employment, so sooner or later he will want to coach T&T, take them to a final and then hold the FA for ransom for more money.

Wonder if Sancho ever found out about Football Factory?

I like Selby Browne

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2015, 08:27:31 AM »
So ... of the candidates ... name the ones that have not worked in contact with JW. Hopefully, the extent to which that is material (or not) will emerge.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2015, 10:14:54 AM »
BTW. This is Walter Alibey's third incorrect article in the last few weeks.
The first which got Sheldon fired, which he had to retract. The second regarding Ramdhan and the CFA which he had to retract. And now this one, again on Ramdhan and the CFA which he will probably have to retract too.
Alibey either incompetent. Or somebody pulling his strings
(Journalism 101. Check your facts before publishing)

Thanks for the clarification, and good luck with the elections.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2015, 10:37:01 AM »
What sparked Ramesh's decision to run? He came out of nowhere. Also what's Fenwick's role in his campaign?
So I'm officially the campaign manager for Ramesh Ramdhan. I've accepted his offer to work with him to get elected as President and ultimately reform TTFA and save our football. I've begun working with him to finalise his vision and his plans and we'll be officially launching the campaign on November 4th. We expect most of the delegates and stakeholders to be there, including supporters' representation. So  please let me know which two Reps from the forum invitations should be sent to. 
So you can accuse me of being biased in this thread from here on. But I will continue to look at this objectively for the good of T&T football. 
Please, I welcome all objective and honest suggestions, feedback and criticisms.

Sounds great, It will be nice to get new blood, however, if your motive is to eventually fire Stephen Hart then you wont get much support from that.

He is the best thing to happen to T&T football, Randy Waldrum also.

Does RR have the finances to run the TTFA?

What is Terry's main goal and whats in this for him?

Maybe you should contact Flex to do a piece for you.

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2015, 09:52:09 PM »

Sounds great, It will be nice to get new blood, however, if your motive is to eventually fire Stephen Hart then you wont get much support from that.

He is the best thing to happen to T&T football, Randy Waldrum also.

Does RR have the finances to run the TTFA?

What is Terry's main goal and whats in this for him?

Maybe you should contact Flex to do a piece for you.
Lol. I can assure you there is no intention to fire either Hart or Waldrum. To use RR's words exactly. "Can you imagine how much they could achieve with the adequate resources?" He is a firm supporter of both men.
No he doesn't have the finances to run the TTFA. But one of his priorities is getting their finances in order and getting corporate T&T and others to regain faith and trust and pump some money back in.
To be honest, Terry is a friend of RR. So therefore supporting him. But as far as I know that's where it ends. Terry is an opportunist and trying to get back into the T&T setup, so he trying to align himself with whoever he feels would be in power.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2015, 04:33:21 AM »
I remember Fenwick taking Central FC to the Concacaf Cup and then decided he wanted a lot more money they couldn't afford and bailied out. He went to Ma Pau but that scheme didn't work out either and now he wants piece of the T&T pie.

Why does everyone use our sports for personal gian?

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 09:33:22 AM by Sando »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2015, 08:37:02 AM »
I remember Fenwick taking Central FC to the Concacaf Cup and then decided to wanted a lot more money they couldn't afford and bailied out. He went to Ma Pau but that scheme didn't work out either and now he wants piece of the T&T pie.

Why does everyone use our sports for personal gian?

CO-SIGNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2015, 06:20:35 PM »
Ramesh Ramdhan is launching his campaign tomorrow (Thursday 5th November) at 5.30pm at Trotters

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Who will be the next TTFA president?
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2015, 07:42:23 PM »
Who will be the next TTFA president?
By Andre Baptiste (T&T Guardian)

At a time when all over the world, leadership continues to be a major issue in every aspect of life, it is imperative that people find the correct person to lead them, whether it be in politics or in sports.

Some would say that sports and politics are interlinked, contrary to what many may like to believe.

And in a country with a small population such as ours, people in sports and persons in politics, are sometimes the same, or have close connections between one and the other.

With that in mind as we approach November 29, the date for the election of officers to the T&T Football Association  (TTFA), it is both surprising and perplexing, that persons would still be interested in being involved in football administration, particularly given the history both past and present of the international body for football, FIFA.

When one says the name FIFA, there is so much doubt and caution over all that they are involved in and nearly every week over the last two years, there has been one miserable tale after another on the financial and other irregularities on this “Monster” rich organisation that controls the most popular sport in the world.

Now that we have finally read that major sponsors—including several FIFA executives—have begun to be called to account, we are beginning to notice a changing of philosophy which was long overdue and certainly a changing of the guards, which the world welcomes.

But ultimately all of this only fortifies the belief that persons in power are only swayed by money, and when their financial affairs are threatened or reduced.

With all of that in mind, the million-dollar question has to be: Who would want to be a leader of sports, much less football in little old T&T? The answer that we have so far ahead of November 29 is the following: Raymond Tim Kee (the incumbent), David John Williams (owner of W Connection), Ramesh Ramdhan (former FIFA referee—World Cup 2002), Selby Browne (vice president of the Veteran Footballers Foundation of T&T) and Clynt Taylor (vice president of the T&T Referees Association).

Five men are vying for the top spot in football in T&T, part of a CONCACAF region, that has exposed a lot of dubious transactions over the last 15 years, where persons are being questioned by the USA on their involvement in such.

And so whether the names are Jack Warner of T&T, Chuck Blazer of the US or Jeffrey Webb of the Cayman Islands, there is a lot of unsubstantiated accusations surrounding persons in football from this region.

So again, I will ask: Who dares to want to be president of football in this country?

Let us briefly look at these men, who are willing to put their lives and also those of their family and friends at risk to become TTFA president:

CLYNT TAYLOR

He is a young man with high ambitions, but as vice-president of the TTRA, he has knowledge of football, but sadly for him, not enough people have knowledge of him and it is this lack of knowledge and insight into this man that may work against him in the eyes of many.

Added to which, most of those involved in refereeing in this country are sadly not well respected by clubs and officials. Also there is a strong school of thought that this late, rather surprising entry by Taylor could be to act as a spoiler against another contender, Ramesh Ramdhan.

SELBY BROWNE

He has had a strong history in sports but in particular football. While he has played football, it is skill as an administrator that has made him recognised. However, he has had battles with television rights issues in the past with previous administrations, so perhaps understands the politics of the sport more than most.

In his current reincarnation as president of the Veteran Footballers, he has found an avenue to address the wrongs experienced by many former T&T footballers and his association and has become a voice for the homeless, and at times the speechless.

Whether or not he is able to unite the voting groups and the clubs will be a matter of contention and given his age, there may be those who will believe that a younger man will be better equipped for the battle ahead.

However, expect Browne to be working the networks, so as not to be embarrassed on the day.

RAMESH RAMDHAN

At the moment, Ramdhan works with the current TTFA and is the man in charge of referees in this country and their training and their exposure. It has been a most difficult period for him, with the general consensus that the standard of refereeing in this country is at its lowest, reflected by the lack of international calls of duty being received by our officials. Ramdhan knows football, and is well respected in the region, and has made a lot of contacts over the years which, if he was to become president, would be invaluable.

However, he is an outspoken man, who speaks the truth no matter the colour or the objective of others, which in this hugely political environment, may not be a good thing.

His involvement in politics with Jack Warner may work against him, in a situation where people are trying their best rightfully or wrongfully to distance themselves from the former special advisor for football.

Some even may believe that there is still a connection, which is one of the important issues that Ramdhan will probably have to address sooner rather than later if he is to convince the undecided before the voting starts.

DAVID JOHN-WILLIAMS

This is a man, who wears football and the club he owns, W Connection, on his shirt sleeves. His heart is passionately behind football and he eats and sleeps this sport.

As president of W Connection, he has continued over the years to reap tremendous success in the Pro League and his teams have been consistent, and he has been consistent in his coaching appointment, not chopping and changing as is the unwanted custom of so many both locally and internationally these days.

It is perhaps this consistency, along with his passion, and the need for a decisive leader, that has propelled John Williams into this position. Williams has the temerity to deal with difficult situations and to be forceful. Whether all of those around him will like or being willing to work with that is another matter.

RAYMOND TIM KEE

Tim- Kee is the man in the job now, so he should have the advantage of knowing all of the ins and outs of the association.

He was also very instrumental in changing the constitution of the TTFA, ensuring greater transparency and accountability, which has to account for something, even if many will state that he and his executive were left with little choice given the harsh history of football in the past in this country.

Tim Kee, though, is a man with a lot on his plate and some of it would suggest he needs more than one plate to ensure he captures all in front of him, as he is also the Mayor of Port-of-Spain, and the treasurer of the ruling party in the current government. Should he should quit one or the other? There are divided opinions on both.

However, there could be a perceived advantage in terms of funding, if Tim-Kee remains at the head of football.

Similarly, like others on this list vying for the leadership role, there are serious questions which have not disappeared on Tim-Kee’s role in the previous administrations of football in this country over the last 20 years, which have not been answered to the satisfaction of many.

Tim-Kee’s recent run in with his general secretary Sheldon Phillips will not have done him any favours as well, given his lack of understanding of the constitution he was involved in establishing.

All of the above makes for a very interesting November for football again, both on (with World Cup Qualifiers for this country, away to Guatemala on November 13 and at home to USA on November 17), added to this spicy election battle on November 29.

Of course all of this depends on whether or not the election occurs or not, or if FIFA intervenes!
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2015, 11:23:10 AM »
Ramesh Ramdhan is launching his campaign tomorrow (Thursday 5th November) at 5.30pm at Trotters

Make sure you post it here.

And tell RR if he dont like Hart he will be stone with a bag of watery shit on stage everytime I see him.

Money should not be a issue because he have Sabga backing, even though is not Anthony Sabga, de family go pool together to hide they dirty money.

:devil:

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2015, 08:49:49 PM »
Ramesh Ramdhan says it’s time to re-boot the TTFA.
Ramdhan Press Release.

Former international referee Ramesh Ramdhan today officially launched his campaign as he bids to become the next president of the Trinidad & Tobago Football Association (TTFA).

At a gathering of sports media, zonal representatives, representatives of TTFA and supporters at the Trotters Sports Bar and Restaurant in Port of Spain, Ramdhan presented his vision and 4-year plan to recapture the heights of Trinidad and Tobago football reflective of our legendary qualification at the 2006 World Cup.

Central to Ramdhan’s 10-point plan is re-engaging corporate T&T and the implementation of a good governance structure. Ramdhan says he wants to ensure consistent qualification of T&T teams at the World Cup and the commoditization of sport through sport tourism.

Ramdhan described the current state of national football today as “lacking proper plans and processes and plagued by weak financial systems.” He said, “It is my commitment to re-boot the TTFA through strong leadership and clear direction to rebuild the TTFA’s image and reputation both at home and abroad.”

Ramdhan stressed that his vision is one of inclusivity. He said, ‘There will be no unilateral decisions under his leadership as success can only come through participation by all stakeholders.”

Lending his support to Ramdhan’s bid is businessman and owner of Trotters, John Sabga who is seeking election to the position of 1st Vice President alongside Ramdhan. Sabga has been involved in football for over 18 years having served as both referee and coach to the American Youth Soccer Organisation (AYSO) and as sponsor and manager locally. 

In his address to attendees, Sabga said, “What football needs is someone with true passion for the game, a love of country and a vision to resuscitate the sport… I know that we can return the glory to the sport and Ramesh is the man to do it.”

Ramdhan pointed out that Trinidad and Tobago is in the midst of World Cup preparations and has promised to utilise all available resources to support national coach Stephen Hart, as the national football vies for a place at World Cup 2018.”

Ramesh Ramdhan is the first Caribbean national to ever have officiated in a World Cup final. He has over 30 years of experience in local, regional and international football and is the recipient of the Trinidad and Tobago Hummingbird Silver Award for contribution to sport.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 06:14:25 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2015, 07:21:49 AM »
Central clubs want Concacaf involvement.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

Even as Ramesh Ramdhan, the T&T referee who officiated at the 1998 World Cup, was launching his campaign for presidency for the T&T Football Association (TTFA) at the annual general meeting and election of officers at Trotters Bar, Maraval Road, yesterday, clubs in Central Trinidad were contemplating writing the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football (Concacaf) to overturn a decision for Ramdhan to be their choice for that election.

They feel their rights are being infringed upon as they had no say in who would represent them at the election and in the future.

The clubs have been clamouring for Central president Bryan Layne to call elections for the past months, as they claim he is reluctant to name a date for Central Zone elections for fear of loosing. But yesterday Shymdeo Gosine, managing director of Harlem Strikers, said a date of November 25 was called for the elections, but still it failed to satisfy the clubs as Ramdhan, who is not their choice, will still represent them at the TTFA presidency election.

Ramdhan got the nod from the executives of the CFA overwhelmingly without the knowledge of the clubs and yesterday representatives of the nine clubs in the top flight Central association league continued their call for the former T&T referee to be removed and the clubs under the new executives, which will be after the elections, be the ones to nominate the choice for the central zone.

Gosine told the Guardian yesterday: “As it is now, Ramdhan is still the one because the executive of the CFA took too long to call the elections. However we at the clubs level will not be accepting that and will call on the Concacaf or Fifa to get involved to ensure that democracy in football prevails.

“We will do anything necessary to have Ramdhan removed, whether he is voted as the TTFA president or not.”

Elections in the different zones were suspended earlier this year, pending the amendments to their constitutions which is suppose to be in line with that of the parent TTFA. After the constitutions have been amended it will go for approval by a Constitution Committee of the TTFA.

It is understood that all the zones such as the Northern Football Association (NFA), Central Football Association (CFA), Tobago Football Association (TFA), Southern Football Association (SFA), Eastern Football Association (EFA) and the Eastern Counties Football Union (ECFU) had completed their amend ments and sent them for approval.

However Guardian was reliably informed that minor changes had to be made since the TTFA represents a wider base in the sport which meant the constitutions of the regional associations had to scaled down to suit their mandate.

A representative of the Northern FA explained that following the approval of the TTFA constitution on July 12, a meeting of the different zones was held recently to rectify the problems with their constitutions and from this meeting it was agreed that Southern FA officials would make the necessary amendments to their constitution and send it for approval by the TTFA constitution committee.

It was also agreed that if that constitution is approved then all the other zones would just use that as the accepted model to correct their constitutions. Gosine yesterday explained that this new development was not communicated to the central clubs.

However he told the Guardian that their main concern is that if the executives were the ones to chose Ramdhan, then why weren’t the clubs called to a meeting, if their members make up the executive.

“If members from the different clubs were called to vote for Ramdhan then show us the minutes of the meeting,” Gosine said.

Gosine promised that clubs will not stop until the right thing is done and there is democracy within the management of the sport in Central.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2015, 11:38:59 AM »
Ramesh Ramdhan says it’s time to re-boot the TTFA.
Ramdhan Press Release.

Former international referee Ramesh Ramdhan today officially launched his campaign as he bids to become the next president of the Trinidad & Tobago Football Association (TTFA).

At a gathering of sports media, zonal representatives, representatives of TTFA and supporters at the Trotters Sports Bar and Restaurant in Port of Spain, Ramdhan presented his vision and 4-year plan to recapture the heights of Trinidad and Tobago football reflective of our legendary qualification at the 2006 World Cup.

Central to Ramdhan’s 10-point plan is re-engaging corporate T&T and the implementation of a good governance structure. Ramdhan says he wants to ensure consistent qualification of T&T teams at the World Cup and the commoditization of sport through sport tourism.

Ramdhan described the current state of national football today as “lacking proper plans and processes and plagued by weak financial systems.” He said, “It is my commitment to re-boot the TTFA through strong leadership and clear direction to rebuild the TTFA’s image and reputation both at home and abroad.”

Ramdhan stressed that his vision is one of inclusivity. He said, ‘There will be no unilateral decisions under his leadership as success can only come through participation by all stakeholders.”

Lending his support to Ramdhan’s bid is businessman and owner of Trotters, John Sabga who is seeking election to the position of 1st Vice President alongside Ramdhan. Sabga has been involved in football for over 18 years having served as both referee and coach to the American Youth Soccer Organisation (AYSO) and as sponsor and manager locally. 

In his address to attendees, Sabga said, “What football needs is someone with true passion for the game, a love of country and a vision to resuscitate the sport… I know that we can return the glory to the sport and Ramesh is the man to do it.”

Ramdhan pointed out that Trinidad and Tobago is in the midst of World Cup preparations and has promised to utilise all available resources to support national coach Stephen Hart, as the national football vies for a place at World Cup 2018.”

Ramesh Ramdhan is the first Caribbean national to ever have officiated in a World Cup final. He has over 30 years of experience in local, regional and international football and is the recipient of the Trinidad and Tobago Hummingbird Silver Award for contribution to sport.

Empty rhetoric.  Full of sound and fury but signifying nothing.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2015, 01:24:18 PM »

Nice try  :)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2015, 04:44:46 PM »

VIDEO Report; https://www.facebook.com/CNC3Television/videos/10153741866297996/

DAVID WILLIAMS SEEKS TTFA PRESIDENCY

The owner of local professional football club W.Connection David John Williams is hoping to win the votes of delegates in the race for the Presidency of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association.

Mr. Williams in his first interview since his nomination shares his thoughts with senior reporter Astil Renn ahead of the November 29th elections.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: John Williams laughs off Hart critic tag as he run for TTFA hot-seat.
« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2015, 09:06:55 PM »
It's time for Flex and Deeks to put their hat in the ring and run for president....I pick Tallman for General Secretary...and Sam  for Director of Plans, Procurement, Maintenance and Logistics.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2015, 10:53:30 AM »
Breds, I cyah even run for TT dog catcher. I in foreign.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2015, 02:52:52 PM »
I just realize that dis man Sam does masturbate with mayonaise and I recommended him for a post in the TTFA...I want to retract that recommendation.

Mr Sam is obviously a very idle human being...he appears to be an individual who indulges in carnal thoughts on a regular basis so much so that he is making such recommendations to forumites in the middle of a football discussion.

This type of thought pattern is usually associated with mentally challenged or deranged individuals; typically seen in schizophrenics, street dwellers and animals ..especially the dog.

I think that Mr Sam should check himself or get professional help.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2015, 06:34:00 AM »
Browne vows to take TT to CONCACAF summit.
T&T Newsday Reports.

SELBY BROWNE, one of four persons vying to unseat Raymond Tim Kee as president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA), has made it clear that he plans to ensure that the national football team rises to the top of the Concacaf region, if elected to the hot seat of the TTFA.

Browne made his plans known in a media release earlier this week.

According to Browne, the long-standing vice-president of the Veterans Footballers Foundation of Trinidad and Tobago (VFFOTT), “once elected to serve as president of the TTFA, my policies would focus on returning Trinidad and Tobago to number one in the Concacaf (region) on the football field.”

He continued, “it cannot be business as usual. I will bring my vision to refocus, restructure and re-engineer football in Trinidad and Tobago for the next generation.” He went on to state, “I invite all footballers, clubs, leagues and associations to join with me to restore Trinidad and Tobago football to number one in the Concacaf.”

Tim Kee is seeking re-election when the TTFA stages their Annual General Meeting (AGM) on November 29. But he will be facing the challenges of Browne, ex-national referee Ramesh Ramdhan, W Connection CEO/president David John-Williams and vice-president of the Trinidad and Tobago Referees Association Clynt Taylor.

The media release also outlined a brief profile on Browne, stating he “is a man who is strong and passionate about sport in Trinidad and Tobago and the Caribbean.

He has been directly involved in all aspects of football in the Caribbean for the past five decades and is a pioneer of professional football in Trinidad and Tobago and the Caribbean, as owner of his professional clubs, TT Pro Pioneers and K&S Investments Phoenix in the 1970s.”

The Veterans Footballers Foundation of TT has been a vocal critic of the then Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) in the past and its former leaders Oliver Camps and Jack Warner.

The organisation has acted as a shadow Federation to the now TTFA, seeking to keep it in check.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2015, 11:35:26 AM »
Discussions on T&T football with known individuals, including Selby Browne
Interviews from some of the older episodes on T&T's monday show "Field of Dreams" with football icon Steve David:

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVq2XInmYIc
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdFy1pupaqg
3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pncs9HxBXPg
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 04:40:47 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2015, 03:58:09 AM »
T&TFA executive lose confidence in Tim Kee.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

In spite of positive results on the field of play, members of the executive of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) have agreed to take a stance against the administration of the sport.

Vice presidents Lennox Watson, Rudolph Thomas and Krishendath Kuarsingh as well as other executive members Roland Forde, Neville Ferguson and Richard Kwan Chan, in a penned letter to the media, stated that they have lost confidence in president Raymond Tim Kee.

They described the administration of the sport over the past three years as the lowest it has ever been due to presidential incompetence and lack of consultation with executive committee members and/or the Emergency Committee of the T&T Football Association on critical issues.

The executive members also highlighted a number critical decisions made by the embattled football association president that derailed their confidence in him.

These include:

Alleged payment to the president’s son for providing a TTFA website without consultation and agreement of the executive committee and or the emergency committee;

Illegal and unconstitutional dismissal of the general secretary of the TTFA;

Taking unilateral decisions with regards to matters pertinent to the TTFA and in such circumstances, failure of the president to convene one single meeting of the Emergency Committee, of which he is the chairman to address such matters.

The decisions also included;

Failure of the president to convene one single meeting of the Finance and Marketing Committee and/or the Fundraising Committee of the TTFA;

Failure of the president to ensure Audited Financial statements for the last three years, taking into consideration possible strategies to do so, as advised by Robert Reis of KPMG;

Failure of the president to ensure a strategic plan for the development of football in Trinidad and Tobago over a ten year period is produced;

Not providing relevant, timely and appropriate Financial statements over the last three years leading to the uncertainty surrounding the indebtedness of the Association, to the extent that the association may be bankrupt;

Under Tim Kee the Standing Committees system has failed to function; Not addressing in a timely manner a threat by the FIFA to institute disciplinary charges against the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association for failure to adhere to a FIFA mandate to pay former National Women’s coach Even Pellerud.

Watson said the decision by the executive is a bold move to save the sport of football from a certain suspension by the world governing body- FIFA. This letter was sent out to all stakeholders of football in T&T, as well as the FIFA. “We must understand that we are in a crisis situation and it is critical that the FIFA knows so that extreme measures are not taken against us” Watson explained yesterday.

A reliable source, however, told the T&T Guardian that there are attempts to ensure that the November 29 elections do not come off as expected. And if this happens it can spell danger for T&T as its executive members are to be compliant with the FIFA if they are to be allowed to vote at the FIFA Congress.

According to the source if they do not vote  it would mean an immediate ban for the executives from the FIFA which would lead to no representation for T&T at the FIFA level.   

The Guardian questioned Watson about the time frame given to the TTFA to be compliant and he said “TTFA executives have been given a certain period of tyime to be compliant by the FIFA and that time is November 30. If we are not compliant by then, we will be given another 18 months before the FIFA will intervene and throw us out as members.

Now after watching the game on Friday night I am sure that the TTFA being thrown out will hurt all the players who played and all other players throughout T&T and therefore what we are trying to do now is to do damage control before it becomes worse” Watson said. 

Meanwhile, Watson added also that the world governing body for football had ordered the TTFA to make payment of well over $200, 000 to Pellerud- the United States coach who was at the helm of the TT women’s team for the FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup in 2010 from September 5- 25. That order was not adhered to.

The T&TFA vice president has made it quite clear he will want nothing to do with T&T football after the coming annual general meeting (AGM) and Election of Officer on November 29 because of the destruction to the sport by Tim Kee.

Contacted Tim Kee said he was not surprised by the actions of his executives. “They are the ones who have criticised me when I took up office in 2012 and therefore they have been very consistent. I can tell you though that they are the ones from the Jack Warner era who are oppose to change and who do not want the sport to progress” Tim Kee said.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2015, 04:17:08 AM »
Finally Uncle Tim recognizes the name Uncle Jackulito. Very very interesting. Who else is from the "Warner era" and that we need to know?
Now we talking good talk. Keep up the conversation fellahs as this education of the electorate is good stuff.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 06:56:34 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2015, 07:29:07 AM »
Yuh see how the pen is mightier than the sword? Just so Alibey make Pellerud American. Thought he was in on de 'secret'. Not so great considering how long Pellerud was around football in T&T.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2015, 07:34:21 AM »
Is it appropriate that that statement by the Six Saviours is on TTFA letterhead? Discuss.

1]; } ?>