21 (38.9%)
Clynt Taylor
1 (1.9%)
David John-Williams
8 (14.8%)
Other
5 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: TTFA Presidency Polls; The countdown to election begins.  (Read 75009 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: 2015 TTFA Presidency Polls; The countdown to election begins.
« Reply #150 on: November 26, 2015, 07:49:03 AM »
I-Sports with Andre Baptiste will by with Lasana discussing the upcoming TTFA elections, from 5:30pm EST.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 26, 2015, 07:55:42 AM »

So old people ent people too ?

Don't know if is d up bringing or the culture, but some people who born in a certain era never mentally leave dat era, and are often prone to sticking to outdated ideas and procedure even when they clearing no longer work, I would have no problem with older folks in this country running things IF......IF they were naturally progressive in their thinkin and mindset but I don't know if is culture or what but we seem to get stuck at a certain age and a certain decade.....some frustrate progress jus to try an stay relevant rather continue the process of learnin to stay relevant.... tell me that team dat get rob in '74 wha happen to dem in 78.... 82...onwards

In this country nostalgia does stall progress not help it, yuh does see it day in day out.

again, is d culture

Good talk....

Them fellas head real hard.

Them still feel Archie or David could be de same player today like he was in de 70s, so they getting tie up.

Football change and de game to, on and off de field.

Them talking about glory days, but back in the days, management was f00ck up to.

Look at Lincoln, he was from that era, and what did he do when he was TD for 7 years,,,, nothing much.

Gally, too, he took he team to Siparia de day we had to play USA while USA was resting and preparing for us, Gally, make Jack fool him and take de team for a f00cking parade on de SAME DAY.. !!! Them men look bun after 5 mins.

I eh taking away nothing from them when they was players, in them era they was GREAT, ...

But without money and knowledge of today technology, you cant do one f00ck.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 07:58:20 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ramdhan releases his 12-page manifesto just on the nick of time.
« Reply #152 on: November 26, 2015, 08:17:39 AM »
Look at the way he spelt CONCAF...

I thought it was CONCACAF.

:rotfl:

Why would he still be involved with Jack though? Come on Bakes, what can Jack still offer him and why would Jack still want to be involved with T&T football?

« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 08:19:57 AM by Errol »

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 26, 2015, 08:58:07 AM »
It's always progress when two and three come together
So we can have a better perspective of where we came from..as..that'what brought us to this time in space,so we can prepare for tomorrow

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
John-Williams: I’m a victim of Connection’s success; TTFA candidate hits back
« Reply #154 on: November 26, 2015, 11:35:11 AM »
John-Williams: I’m a victim of Connection’s success; TTFA candidate speaks out
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) presidential candidate, David John-Williams, has launched a passionate defence about his motivation and management style, after concerns that he might use the football body to further his own business interests.

John-Williams hopes to unseat incumbent, Raymond Tim Kee, at the TTFA’s AGM on November 29. The other three presidential candidates are Clynt Taylor, Ramesh Ramdhan and Selby Browne and it is felt to be a fairly open race.

As president and CEO of the DIRECTV W Connection Football Club, John-Williams’ bellowing support for his team from the stands and penchant for making public cases for his players to be selected on international teams are well-known within the football community.

So would his possible election as TTFA president merge the green and white strip of W Connection with the red, white and black of the “Soca Warriors?” And will the temptation to manipulate his office for personal gain be too much?

John-Williams moaned that it was the perfect “Catch 22” situation, since it was his success at Connection which made him a frontrunner for the post in the first place.

“The reason why I am in this position (as a TTFA candidate) is because I head an organisation that has been successful in football and that has catapulted me to the nomination,” said John-Williams. “But at the same time, my success has been perceived to be working against me because people are seeing a conflict of interest. If you look at the other candidates, they all have a different business.

“(Raymond) Tim Kee runs insurance, Selby (Browne) runs sporting television rights and so on. It is fortunate or unfortunate that my second job is as W Connection president.

“Nothing I say to the public, whether I resign as W Connection president and CEO or promise them faithfully that there will be no conflict of interest, Trinidad and Tobago will not believe me.

“If I am elected and I operate faithfully, they will believe me. That is the only way. History will absolve me.”

So, is “elect me first and find out” the Connection president’s best line of defence?

John-Williams took a slightly different tact. He argued that the Trinidad and Tobago national football teams will be stuffed with W Connection players whether he becomes TTFA president or not.

And that, according to the presidential candidate, is because they already are.

Two of Warriors coach Stephen Hart’s starting XI against the United States, Daneil Cyrus and Mekeil Williams, are fully owned by W Connection, although they are on loan to United States and Guatemala top flight clubs respectively.

However, John-Williams listed a further five current players—captain Kenwyne Jones, winger Joevin Jones, playmaker Keron “Ball Pest” Cummings, full back Aubrey David and goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams—who he claimed Connection still had a stake in or would be due solidarity payments if they changed clubs for a transfer fee, due to their time with the “Savonetta Boys” as youth players.

He then went through the various national youth teams and counted nine Connection players on the recent Trinidad and Tobago National Under-23 Team, 10 on the Under-20s and nine on the Under-17s.

“Whether I am the president of the TTFA or not, W Connection players will get on to the national team,” John-Williams told Wired868. “The evidence is there already. I didn’t pick the (national football teams)… The natural progression is that you replace your senior players with players from your national under-23 team. So what happens if I become president and five Connection players advance to the senior team?

“It is a no win for me. Do we want Connection players to fall off the radar? Because my programme is successful, they want to kill me for that?!

“I am a real victim of my organisation’s success.”

Hart has clearly warmed to some Connection players more than others and striker Shahdon Winchester has been regularly overlooked, much to John-Williams’ public chagrin.

Should John-Williams be elected as TTFA president, would his mere presence put pressure on the Trinidad and Tobago coach on subjects that he has already been vocal on as Connection boss?

What will safeguard the integrity of the selection process for the national teams?

John-Williams pointed to the manifesto as his defence. Whereas, under Tim Kee, the TTFA’s committees were all either dormant or overlooked; and the president and then general secretary Sheldon Phillips made unilateral decisions, the Connection boss insisted that properly functioning committees will be the backbone of the organisation under his watch.

It would mean decisions over the hiring and firing of coaches would reside with the technical committee rather than the president and general secretary.

“(My manifesto) is going to be the framework and road map for Trinidad and Tobago football under my instruction and you can hold me to it,” he said. “If that wasn’t my intention, I would never have made it public and so comprehensive.”

John-Williams defended his right to criticise Hart over team selection, although he conceded that it would be improper to do so as president. And he insisted that his occasional disagreement with Hart did not mean he wasn’t impressed overall by the success of the Warriors coach.

“As a stakeholder in Trinidad and Tobago football, I am entitled to an opinion,” said John-Williams. “Just as you would question why they’re using Joevin Jones as a left back, why is it wrong for me to voice an opinion as a club owner? All club owners questioned various national coaches and I voiced a footballing opinion.

“But, in the office of the president, I may have to keep my mouth shut because it would not make for good governance. As president of Trinidad and Tobago football, I have to treat things differently, as they will perceive I have a level of authority (that I didn’t have as a stakeholder).”

John-Williams used his history at Connection as a shield against people who feel he might interfere with team selection.

“I never got involved in team selection at W Connection at any level,” he said. “And you can ask Leonson Lewis, Brian Williams, Stuart Charles-Fevrier or any single coach there or who has left my programme. I could have been doing that because W is run by David John-Williams but it never crossed my mind.

“Any coach who is worth his salt will not function under a process like that… The coach is responsible for the results of the team, so how can I go in the dressing room and tell the coach who to pick when he is responsible for the result?”

John-Williams admitted that he was a regular face inside the Connection dressing room and would often join the players for the pre-game prayer. But he said he would not request similar access to the squad as TTFA president and his presence around the players would depend on the respective coaches.

“At W Connection, we have developed a routine over 17 years where I stand in the dressing room when we pray and give everybody a high five or a hug before the game,” he said. “That is traditional at the club because we have developed that over the years. Some coaches would not like that and would feel violated by a president that does that…

“It may not be the same for a Stephen Hart or Leo Beenhakker or Francisco Maturana, so that is totally up to the coach… I won’t impose myself on Stephen Hart or any other coach. For sure, I won’t.”

The Connection president insisted that his only motivation for the TTFA job is to make a contribution and help play a role in turning Trinidad and Tobago’s football around.

“I have been asked and turned down the opportunity three times,” he said, “and I feel I would be letting down the people who asked me to serve.

“And I feel I can make a contribution.”

Those people, according to John-Williams, asked him to run for office because of his success at Connection. So how, he argued, can people now use that same success against him?

“If people see me as the best candidate and the only thing they can find on me is a conflict of interest,” said the Connection boss, “then look at the scenario and tell me how I can get away from it. Because if I resign, they will say they don’t believe me and it is a smoke screen. If I stay, it will be the same story.

“The only way I can remove that stigma is through my performance as president of the TTFA. That is the reality.

“The future must absolve me from this… When I leave office, somebody will say the man wasn’t biased towards W Connection.”

Just three days before the TTFA elections, there is still no clear favourite with Ramdhan, Taylor and Tim Kee—in particular—all receiving support from various quarters.

John-Williams said he is excited to be a part of a historic race.

“I wish the other candidates best of luck,” he said. “It is the first time in over 20 years that there is an election with five candidates. Ollie Camps reigned for 25 years unopposed.

“It makes for good democratic process.”

« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 06:03:38 AM by Flex »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2015, 12:19:59 PM »
TTFA candidates to debate tonight.
T&T Express Reports.

Four of the five candidates vying to be president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) will engage in a debate tonight.

The podium style debate will be televised live on WI Sports (Flow Ch.14) and will take place between eight o’clock and nine-thirty at the VIP Lounge of the Hasely Crawford Stadium. The moderator will be well-known sports commentator Fazeer Mohammed.
It will be good if we can see the footage on here, maybe someone can post it afterwards.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sabga wants to make a difference
« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2015, 01:32:40 PM »
Sabga wants to make a difference
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

Candidate for vice presidency at Sunday’s T&T Football Association (TTFA) annual general meeting (AGM) and election of officers John Sabga has said he wants to make a difference in local football.

He is contesting the post of vice president on the slate of ex-T&T referee Ramesh Ramdhan. Yesterday he said the team has made tremendous strides to date. Ramdhan, Sabga and the team which also include the hardworking Curtis Rudd who is touted to be the general secretary if they are elected, have been meeting with members of the various zones including the Central Football Association (CFA) which has public come out against Ramdhan.

The visits have been basically to woo representatives of the different zones and according to Sabga, they have been getting good responses. But he made it clear though that it will only be on the day that they will know their fate.

Central clubs have publicly criticised Ramdhan, the lone T&T football referee to have officiated at the 1998 FIFA World Cup in France, accusing him of not even showing any plan for the development of football in the central zone to them and piggy-backing on the central executives which is led by long-standing football administrator Bryan Layne and his secretary Stephen Bartholomew.

That however may have been resolved now, as Sabga said the clubs were in agreements with their plans and seem interested in having them in charge of local football.

He said that although he does not need football in T&T, he has for many years seen the same people in charge of the game and he has been, like a true supporter, shouted from the sidelines of what he feels should be done, although his calls have fallen on deaf ears.

“So now I have decided to get involved and do it for myself and to be honest I am doing it because I want to,” Sabga said.

His main challenger for the vice president position will be Colin Murray, the Events and Sponsorship manager at Carib Brewery who is on the slate of incumbent president Raymond Tim Kee. Sabga yesterday criticised the embattled football association under Tim Kee, saying, “For last week’s match alone I have not seen one single booth in or out of the Hasely Crawford Stadium selling Soca Warriors jerseys and other replica items. This is our national team and for an event of that magnitude anyone should have been able to walk into the stadium and get a jersey to support the team.”

He explained that the football association cannot go begging government for money all the time when there are avenues to generate income.

“In fact we know that they are in the red but we really do not know by how much and therefore it will be good for the TTFA to open their books to the public for all to see how much they really owe and decide on how they can pay back those they owe monies to,” Sabga said.

Only recently ex-T&T midfielder Russell Latapy who was coach of the T&T team from 2009- 2011, was paid part of the monies owed to him by the football association. The payment came, thanks to Minister of Sports Darryl Smith and his ministry. However the TTFA will have to find a way to pay the remaining amount owed to the “Little Magician”.

Sabga is advising interested persons who are desirous of serving football in T&T to not feel that there is anything to gain financially from it.

“It should be a self serving job,” he said.

He explained further that all must be done to ensure that there is stability in the sport, saying the Soca Warriors have been playing well in spite of the turmoil in the administration of the sport. 

“This stability is what we must give them,” Sabga said.

Yesterday they visited the South zone and tomorrow they will have a meeting with members of women football to convince them to vote for them.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 26, 2015, 04:53:17 PM »
If its one positive that may happen as a result of Sabga and Rudd to an extension being Involved in the administration of TTFA would be the ability to bring in more Corporate Sponsorship from there buddies...

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 26, 2015, 05:01:07 PM »
This Selby Browne fella on Andre baptiste show sounds very very outdated , way too old for this ... I really don't think he would be fit for this role. I'm sure he means well but this is no time for charity

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sometimes yuh dont have to say anything and people will know you vex, if Hart dont pick W Connection players I am sure JW go vex, even if he doh say nothing and eventually, Hart will be out because JW will have a personal connected to his club even if he resign.

I eh saying W Connection dont have good players eh, ah just trying to highlight that JW will always be bias towards them.

JW have to be mad to think Shahdon Winchester should be on the T&T side, he is not a bad player, but not a top striker and not good enough even for a T&T B team.

Furthermore, Aubrey David, Andre Toussaint, Marcus Joseph, Marvin Phillip, Carlyle Mitchell, Arnold Dwarika and Kenwyne Jones came through Joe Public youth system, not W Connection.

Guerra, Baptiste, Molino, Cato, Plaza, Mekeil, Bateau, Cyd Gray, Collin Samuel, Aikim Andrews, Josiah Trimmingham, Kelvin Jack, Cornell Glen, all Jabloteh most under Terry Fenwick,,,,

Fenwick did more for T&T than Stuart Charles in the short sapce he was jabloteh coach.

Jomal Williams,  Radanfah Abu Bakr and Densill Theobald (Caledonia), Daneil Cyrus (Santa Rosa), Caesar (Ma Pau), Hackshaw (NE Stars), Gomez (Defence Force), Rundell (Stokley Vale), Corbin and Aurtis Whitley (Rangers).

When T&T went to de world cup in 2006 not one W Connection player who they produce went to Germany.

Atiba Charles was listed as a W Connection player but he came through Point Fortin Civic.

De only two from W Connection who came through they youth team is Joevin and Jan-Michael Williams.

And W Connection have a lot of foreign players who help them win titles to, they team had more foreign players for most of de times they won, only now they starting to have more local players.

They also have a full foreign coach staff for they SENIOR team.

And as far as successful, yes, Connection have a good system going and some deserve to get pick, but it MUST BE FAIR.

If this man win, Hart days numbered.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 06:22:28 PM by Flex »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 26, 2015, 05:05:03 PM »
This Selby Browne fella on Andre baptiste show sounds very very outdated , way too old for this ... I really don't think he would be fit for this role. I'm sure he means well but this is no time for charity

He is ah next David Lamy...

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 26, 2015, 05:33:41 PM »
At the end of the day....is politics.  So whoever is the best politician will likely win.

Yuh could have all de best plans, vision, and qualifications....but if yuh eh know how to play de game....and ah mean de political game......crapaud smoke yuh pipe
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 26, 2015, 05:40:30 PM »
This old man real bad. And he revealing some shady past dealings. If he win we in real trouble. He and Tim Kee are poor options

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #163 on: November 26, 2015, 07:19:39 PM »
Apart from TK none of the other candidates ever try to become involve in top level football admin,why now after the all these years ?. Tim K (one man) took on all the problems of the past admin.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 07:21:19 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2015, 09:32:13 PM »
How did the debate go? Who shined and handled themselves well?

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: John-Williams launches his TTFA Presidential Bible for T&T football.
« Reply #165 on: November 26, 2015, 09:36:10 PM »
Sam, you mentioned some interesting pointers.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 26, 2015, 10:02:25 PM »
Apart from TK none of the other candidates ever try to become involve in top level football admin,why now after the all these years ?. Tim K (one man) took on all the problems of the past admin.

Davy, I eh get you on this one. All of us bawling for new blood for the TTFA and you asking why they want to get involve football now. We wanted fair elections, transparency, etc. It is pretty obvious why they throw their hats in the ring. No Jack. It appears more democratic. You think this could have happened under Jack. Let the this election play out. If RTK don't get elected, so be it.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 26, 2015, 10:26:24 PM »

Where was the opportunity?

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 26, 2015, 10:48:27 PM »
Sometimes yuh dont have to say anything and people will know you vex, if Hart dont pick W Connection players I am sure JW go vex, even if he doh say nothing and eventually, Hart will be out because JW will have a personal connected to his club even if he resign.

I eh saying W Connection dont have good players eh, ah just trying to highlight that JW will always be bias towards them.

JW have to be mad to think Shahdon Winchester should be on the T&T side, he is not a bad player, but not a top striker and not good enough even for a T&T B team.

Furthermore, Aubrey David, Andre Toussaint, Marcus Joseph, Marvin Phillip, Carlyle Mitchell, Arnold Dwarika and Kenwyne Jones came through Joe Public youth system, not W Connection.

Guerra, Baptiste, Molino, Cato, Plaza, Mekeil, Bateau, Cyd Gray, Collin Samuel, Aikim Andrews, Josiah Trimmingham, Kelvin Jack, Cornell Glen, all Jabloteh most under Terry Fenwick,,,,

Fenwick did more for T&T than Stuart Charles in the short sapce he was jabloteh coach.

Jomal Williams,  Radanfah Abu Bakr and Densill Theobald (Caledonia), Daneil Cyrus (Santa Rosa), Caesar (Ma Pau), Hackshaw (NE Stars), Gomez (Defence Force), Rundell (Stokley Vale), Corbin and Aurtis Whitley (Rangers).

When T&T went to de world cup in 2006 not one W Connection player who they produce went to Germany.

Atiba Charles was listed as a W Connection player but he came through Point Fortin Civic.

De only two from W Connection who came through they youth team is Joevin and Jan-Michael Williams.

And W Connection have a lot of foreign players who help them win titles to, they team had more foreign players for most of de times they won, only now they starting to have more local players.

They also have a full foreign coach staff for they SENIOR team.

And as far as successful, yes, Connection have a good system going and some deserve to get pick, but it MUST BE FAIR.

If this man win, Hart days numbered.

WOW, thanks for pointing this out Sam.

Very interesting, is surely put david in his place.

This just goes to show how politician operates.

Lasanna just write for writing sake.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 27, 2015, 02:41:42 AM »

Davy, I eh get you on this one. All of us bawling for new blood for the TTFA and you asking why they want to get involve football now. We wanted fair elections, transparency, etc. It is pretty obvious why they throw their hats in the ring. No Jack. It appears more democratic. You think this could have happened under Jack. Let the this election play out. If RTK don't get elected, so be it.

And if RTK gets elected then so be it right?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #170 on: November 27, 2015, 05:58:43 AM »
Re-booting with Ramesh.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Ramesh Ramdhan is the quintessential sportsman. He is always upbeat and optimistic about scoring and he’s no different in his approach to Sunday’s TTFA elections.

Ramdhan is remarkably positive despite the mounting challenge, as he and several contenders accelerate their campaigns.

Ramdhan responds to concerns about the timing, following his recent journey in a very polarised political campaign. He says, “I am committed to country. I offered myself for national development at the constituency level and now I plan to do so through football.”

Ramdhan believes that he has a solid vision and a clear plan for independent sustainability of the sport and a return to glory days for T&T. His focus is on taking and keeping T&T in this and future World Cup finals.

When asked what drives him, he says “Football has been my life’s passion. Most of my greatest achievements and rewarding moments came from football. I’ve travelled the world and officiated in a World Cup Finals, something I couldn’t have imagined ever doing. My love for football is resolute.” 
Ramdhan knows his vision requires a steady and predictable flow of income, and already he and his VP candidate, John Sabga have started discussions with international organisations.

They have mapped out a course of events and sponsorships aimed at generating critical funds needed to rebuild technical competence and support services for the game. Central to his initiatives will be a home for football and accessibility to the leadership. In the near term, Sabga has identified a minimum cash flow of $30 million to be secured through online sales of merchandise and memorabilia along with gate receipts from international games during the off-season.

“When TV rights and international games are included,” says Sabga, “The opportunities for financial independence are exponential.”

Sabga who comes from a lineage of business icons, has been in the hospitality business since 1988 and is respected for having brought the popular Trotters Restaurant and Sports Bar from near bankruptcy to significant profitability in just one year.

He sees football as a big business worldwide and “with the right governance and support T&T football can stand on its own… putting monies into the coffers of T&T, not taking out.”

Ramdhan believes Sabga’s business acumen is a big boon for T&T football, “It’s just what’s needed now.” He also sees the financing as inextricably linked to the rebranding of T&T football.  “Rebuilding the brand is a key aspect of generating investment,” he states.

“The TTFA brand must be redefined through high levels of technical competency and consistency in how the game is played.”  He contends that “Unless we do this, any gains achieved will be short-lived, because no business wants to associate with any organisation that may bring their brand into disrepute.” Ramdhan says, “We have to fix the plane while it’s flying, so we will immediately re-engineer and reposition the new TTFA as an organization that is rooted in honesty, integrity and transparency and one through which  a comprehensive world-class training programme is deployed.”

Ramdhan believes that the results of administrative failure are poor governance, lack of accountability and transparency, poor support of the training and development agenda, lack of a proper health care programme for athletes and ultimate lack of direction. He believes that he and his team (which will include Stephen Hart as head coach), have the capability, expertise and the will to do it. “What’s more”, he says, “I am available full-time to give the presidency and the resuscitation of football in T&T my all.”

Unlike other candidates, Ramdhan has no vested interest in football. “I have no existing conflicts associated with ownership of a club and I’m not distracted by other responsibilities to local office that can compromise my delivery.” Ramdhan says he, unlike many, is “deeply in touch with the needs of football on the ground.”

Of importance, he points out, is that there is global pressure to get rid of corruption in the game. The TTFA has been fraught with allegations of corruption and in his estimation, those allegations persist even today. Ramdhan says, “It’s time to make a clean break with the past – new leadership, fresh faces, fresh philosophy.”

Ramdhan draws on commentary from the United Nations on the role of football in influencing the social, cultural and economic development of countries. That, he says, “demonstrates the power of football and it’s something we need to harness and deploy. We did it in 1989 and in 2006, two of the most unifying periods in our country’s history.

Nothing since, has brought about national unity and patriotism as those two periods. Yet still, our football, barring the recent success on the field, is in shambles—especially at the administrative level.” He cites his campaign slogan in demanding change—“It’s time to Reboot!”

PDF LINK: - It's time to reboot Part II

« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 06:27:38 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 27, 2015, 05:59:31 AM »

Where was the opportunity?

For example, DJW had several opportunities before and never throw his hat in the ring, he had no interest, he told me that personally many years ago when we met. I understand one can have change of heart but why now?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 06:03:37 AM by davyjenny1 »

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 27, 2015, 06:21:39 AM »

I understand your point and i do agree that everyone deserve a fair chance at the up coming elections but, with the exception of RTK, do one think that the candidates who are vying for the presidency are capable to take TT football to a top rank level and beyond in Concacaf? It is left to be seen. Above everything else, successful results are by far the most important priority at the moment. If RTK is not selected then so be it and the responsibility will be some one else's.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 06:33:15 AM by davyjenny1 »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 27, 2015, 07:29:58 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/B8ibolDEj28" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/B8ibolDEj28</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 27, 2015, 07:45:38 AM »

Selby Browne, TTFA Presidential candidate:

Newly interviewed this week (different from the episodes above) in preparation for the upcoming TTFA election.
Interviewed by Steve David, legendary T&T striker and the very sharp Narada Wilson, on the former's show "Field of Dreams".

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qAR_clCr0aU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qAR_clCr0aU</a>

Just watched this whole video and must say I am impressed with Selby Browne.

Wishing him all this best for this Sunday! :thumbsup:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 27, 2015, 07:48:11 AM »
My network of friends tells me that RTK was 30 minutes late arriving to begin the debate last night.

Of the candidates who have submitted their published platforms.

Has anyone indicated what they are going to do for our Women's programs?

Everyone is being politically correct in talking the talk however are they walking the walk (re Women)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 27, 2015, 07:52:25 AM »
SP (Sweetie Paper), yuh still dey?
I was looking out for your candidate (if you're still with him) to address the big 18000 pound elephant in the room. Not a whimper. Very very strange.

Imagine trying to reform FIFA and not discussing Sepp Blatter, and the web of connections to Platini, Beckenbaur, Havelange, Renraw, his US buddy Chuck "Chucky" Blazer, Concacaf's Jeff Webb and the list goes on.

So imagine trying to reform TTFA & not discussing Scampito, Rodent and the container-loads of missing funds that were supposed to go towards T&T football development. So business as usual and just, as said in campaign, "reboot" the computer that you just turned off after it froze? Amazing.

Thought we would be hearing about a complete virus scan, change of operating system, loading new software, completely new antivirus & firewall, possibly even new computers. Nothing less. The silence is deafening, and we fans, supposedly priding ourselves in vigilance after having been burned, should be ashamed.
Wow! Hit me with a reply when yuh get a chance, as I could have misunderstood or missed something.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 08:12:49 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 27, 2015, 09:05:19 AM »

I understand your point and i do agree that everyone deserve a fair chance at the up coming elections but, with the exception of RTK, do one think that the candidates who are vying for the presidency are capable to take TT football to a top rank level and beyond in Concacaf? It is left to be seen. Above everything else, successful results are by far the most important priority at the moment. If RTK is not selected then so be it and the responsibility will be some one else's.

Breds, I am not out to knock you or anything. But people who had real interest in football in past refused to partipate because they knew they will have had to compromise to Jack, one way or they other. Coops, Gally, Latas, Lincoln and many more, all had good intentions when they worked under Jack. Everyone of them had serious issues with Jack and his ways and departed. And as far as the business circle is concerned, which serious businessman wanted to be associated with Jack?

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T Warrior Fan Zone's TTFA Presidential Election Special
« Reply #178 on: November 27, 2015, 09:05:55 AM »
On November 29th, 2015, elections will be held to determine the next President of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA). Some of the candidates sat for an exclusive one on one with the T&T Warrior Fan Zone to answer a few questions submitted by the fans and to discuss their goals and aspirations for Trinidad and Tobago Football. T&T Warrior Fan Zone attempted to interview all candidates, however due to scheduling conflicts, David John Williams and Selby Browne were unable to participate. We wish all the candidates well in the upcoming election.

Meet incumbent TTFA President Raymond Tim Kee in Part 1 of the T&T Warrior Fan Zone series on the TTFA Presidency Race 2015.

Meet 2015 TTFA Presidential Election candidate Ramesh Ramdhan.

Meet 2015 TTFA Presidential Election candidate Clynt Taylor

« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 02:01:36 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 27, 2015, 10:46:44 AM »

So old people ent people too ?

Don't know if is d up bringing or the culture, but some people who born in a certain era never mentally leave dat era, and are often prone to sticking to outdated ideas and procedure even when they clearing no longer work, I would have no problem with older folks in this country running things IF......IF they were naturally progressive in their thinkin and mindset but I don't know if is culture or what but we seem to get stuck at a certain age and a certain decade.....some frustrate progress jus to try an stay relevant rather continue the process of learnin to stay relevant.... tell me that team dat get rob in '74 wha happen to dem in 78.... 82...onwards

In this country nostalgia does stall progress not help it, yuh does see it day in day out.

again, is d culture

Good talk....

Them fellas head real hard.

Them still feel Archie or David could be de same player today like he was in de 70s, so they getting tie up.

Football change and de game to, on and off de field.

Them talking about glory days, but back in the days, management was f00ck up to.

Look at Lincoln, he was from that era, and what did he do when he was TD for 7 years,,,, nothing much.

Gally, too, he took he team to Siparia de day we had to play USA while USA was resting and preparing for us, Gally, make Jack fool him and take de team for a f00cking parade on de SAME DAY.. !!! Them men look bun after 5 mins.

I eh taking away nothing from them when they was players, in them era they was GREAT, ...

But without money and knowledge of today technology, you cant do one f00ck.

This is what this forum brings out. Opinions based on nothing more than surface information.
I know Selby personally for quite some time and he may be to some of you considered "old" but he  has sharp mind, he is a gentleman, he has a well known and established anti corruption stance.

What is wrong in being involved in football for many years. You forget your history and doomed to repeat it.
Our new Prime Minister is Selby's age if not older and we are happy to have him run our biggest Association.

Selby is also a successful businessman (not broke as some people think). Don't base his position on Jack robbing the man of a legitimate investment he made in football.
 Above all he is a patriot.

Some information that may not be common knowledge is that his deceased wife was a national hero and a wonderful woman who I had the honour to know personally as well. Her name... Angela Burke Brown . Rest in Peace Angela
Ah want de woman on de bass

1]; } ?>