21 (38.9%)
Clynt Taylor
1 (1.9%)
David John-Williams
8 (14.8%)
Other
5 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: TTFA Presidency Polls; The countdown to election begins.  (Read 73406 times)

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 TTFA Presidency Polls; The countdown to election begins.
« Reply #240 on: November 30, 2015, 02:14:19 AM »
i hate it! it seems like every time we get the federation in line with the government it is a short lived scenario, for instance when jack warner was the president we had a pnm government for the most part whom he went heads up with, then the federation changed to a pnm aligned federation president and the government suddenly changed, and we all saw how that worked out with both roberts and sancho being totally antagonistic to the federation.

now finally we got a pnm federation president and a pnm minister of sports and wallah, it only lasted 2 months tops. honestly i would have liked to see what timkee could have done for the sport having the full cooperation of the government.

TBH i don't trust this david williams guy and i believe in my heart of hearts that he is here only to upset the apple cart and seek his own interest and i fear that he would prove too much for coach hart to deal with, whom i believe will eventually leave the job. mark my words this spells trouble for our football. as the old saying goes, when something is not broken trying to fix it may eventually break it. i am sick.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 30, 2015, 03:20:38 AM »
How does a country that purports to be serious, about football, have a defunct players association and a defunct coaches association?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 30, 2015, 05:04:53 AM »
Sometimes yuh dont have to say anything and people will know you vex, if Hart dont pick W Connection players I am sure JW go vex, even if he doh say nothing and eventually, Hart will be out because JW will have a personal connected to his club even if he resign.

I eh saying W Connection dont have good players eh, ah just trying to highlight that JW will always be bias towards them.

JW have to be mad to think Shahdon Winchester should be on the T&T side, he is not a bad player, but not a top striker and not good enough even for a T&T B team.

Furthermore, Aubrey David, Andre Toussaint, Marcus Joseph, Marvin Phillip, Carlyle Mitchell, Arnold Dwarika and Kenwyne Jones came through Joe Public youth system, not W Connection.

Guerra, Baptiste, Molino, Cato, Plaza, Mekeil, Bateau, Cyd Gray, Collin Samuel, Aikim Andrews, Josiah Trimmingham, Kelvin Jack, Cornell Glen, all Jabloteh most under Terry Fenwick,,,,

Fenwick did more for T&T than Stuart Charles in the short sapce he was jabloteh coach.

Jomal Williams,  Radanfah Abu Bakr and Densill Theobald (Caledonia), Daneil Cyrus (Santa Rosa), Caesar (Ma Pau), Hackshaw (NE Stars), Gomez (Defence Force), Rundell (Stokley Vale), Corbin and Aurtis Whitley (Rangers).

When T&T went to de world cup in 2006 not one W Connection player who they produce went to Germany.

Atiba Charles was listed as a W Connection player but he came through Point Fortin Civic.

De only two from W Connection who came through they youth team is Joevin and Jan-Michael Williams.

And W Connection have a lot of foreign players who help them win titles to, they team had more foreign players for most of de times they won, only now they starting to have more local players.

They also have a full foreign coach staff for they SENIOR team.

And as far as successful, yes, Connection have a good system going and some deserve to get pick, but it MUST BE FAIR.

If this man win, Hart days numbered.

Well boy, we in trouble.

Hartie, pack yuh bags and get ready.

We go see 11 W Connection players on de T&T side soon.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 30, 2015, 05:53:07 AM »
Sometimes yuh dont have to say anything and people will know you vex, if Hart dont pick W Connection players I am sure JW go vex, even if he doh say nothing and eventually, Hart will be out because JW will have a personal connected to his club even if he resign.

I eh saying W Connection dont have good players eh, ah just trying to highlight that JW will always be bias towards them.

JW have to be mad to think Shahdon Winchester should be on the T&T side, he is not a bad player, but not a top striker and not good enough even for a T&T B team.

Furthermore, Aubrey David, Andre Toussaint, Marcus Joseph, Marvin Phillip, Carlyle Mitchell, Arnold Dwarika and Kenwyne Jones came through Joe Public youth system, not W Connection.

Guerra, Baptiste, Molino, Cato, Plaza, Mekeil, Bateau, Cyd Gray, Collin Samuel, Aikim Andrews, Josiah Trimmingham, Kelvin Jack, Cornell Glen, all Jabloteh most under Terry Fenwick,,,,

Fenwick did more for T&T than Stuart Charles in the short sapce he was jabloteh coach.

Jomal Williams,  Radanfah Abu Bakr and Densill Theobald (Caledonia), Daneil Cyrus (Santa Rosa), Caesar (Ma Pau), Hackshaw (NE Stars), Gomez (Defence Force), Rundell (Stokley Vale), Corbin and Aurtis Whitley (Rangers).

When T&T went to de world cup in 2006 not one W Connection player who they produce went to Germany.

Atiba Charles was listed as a W Connection player but he came through Point Fortin Civic.

De only two from W Connection who came through they youth team is Joevin and Jan-Michael Williams.

And W Connection have a lot of foreign players who help them win titles to, they team had more foreign players for most of de times they won, only now they starting to have more local players.

They also have a full foreign coach staff for they SENIOR team.

And as far as successful, yes, Connection have a good system going and some deserve to get pick, but it MUST BE FAIR.

If this man win, Hart days numbered.

Well boy, we in trouble.

Hartie, pack yuh bags and get ready.

We go see 11 W Connection players on de T&T side soon.

Regards the false assertion that there are not already quite a few W Connection players on the national senior team and in the national set-up at U-20 and U-17 levels, have any of you guys listened to the whole of this DJW interview below?

Well I did and based upon the information revealed there are already quite a few W Connection affiliated players on our national senior team. And DJW addressed this very issue of some folks who are likely to accuse him of being biased towards W Connection players in the interview.

Listen to new TTFA President David John-Williams give his vision for T&T football a few days before being elected as new TTFA President this Sunday (yesterday).

Scoreboard 24th November 2015 TTFA General Elections with David John-Williams
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/B8ibolDEj28" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/B8ibolDEj28</a>

I was supporting Clynt Talyor for the new President because he is completely new and had little or no baggage but I am happy to support whoever fairly won the election process after the two rounds of voting yesterday.

Also DJW has by far the most comprehensive manifesto to help put T&T football back where it belongs as one of the top 3 teams in CONCACAF provided that it is implemented and that he gets the required T&T cooperate support.

If David John-Williams lives up to what he was saying in above interview then we have a good new TTFA President and our football should continue progressing but at a much quick rate than it has been.

Finally I would like to say many thanks to the last TTFA President Raymond Tim Kee for doing a great job in helping to turn T&T football around after it inheriting the massive debts acquired during the Oliver Camps/Jack Warner led era.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 06:08:41 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 30, 2015, 05:56:21 AM »
WATCH: Newly elected TTFA President, David John-Williams, addresses the media after his victory at the polls

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aS58wmLmDCs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aS58wmLmDCs</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 30, 2015, 06:31:06 AM »
i hate it! it seems like every time we get the federation in line with the government it is a short lived scenario, for instance when jack warner was the president we had a pnm government for the most part whom he went heads up with, then the federation changed to a pnm aligned federation president and the government suddenly changed, and we all saw how that worked out with both roberts and sancho being totally antagonistic to the federation.

now finally we got a pnm federation president and a pnm minister of sports and wallah, it only lasted 2 months tops. honestly i would have liked to see what timkee could have done for the sport having the full cooperation of the government.

TBH i don't trust this david williams guy and i believe in my heart of hearts that he is here only to upset the apple cart and seek his own interest and i fear that he would prove too much for coach hart to deal with, whom i believe will eventually leave the job. mark my words this spells trouble for our football. as the old saying goes, when something is not broken trying to fix it may eventually break it. i am sick.
I have my reservations too, but DJW earned his chance and timkee screwed his........I have come to believe....a bit grudgingly that putting timkee back would have been a bad step.......hopefully good sense prevail and T+T and T+T football are placed above politics........ We must wait and see.
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 30, 2015, 06:44:29 AM »

Time will tell how this W Connection man will run the TTFF   ;)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 30, 2015, 07:02:44 AM »

Time will tell how this W Connection man will run the TTFF   ;)

TTFA. Yes!! Time will tell.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 30, 2015, 07:13:44 AM »
Expect to see him change the law so more St Lucians could play in de Pro League.

Leh we see if he go keep any ole TTFA/Jack Warner former peeps.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 30, 2015, 07:54:13 AM »
Guys lets give DJW all our support. I wish him all the best.

The great thing about the new constitution is that if he doing sh!t, he getting vote out next elections! Long live the new TTFA democracy.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 30, 2015, 08:10:27 AM »
Anyone bad talking David John Williams actually read his manifesto?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 30, 2015, 11:17:23 AM »
Anyone bad talking David John Williams actually read his manifesto?

:thumbsup:

That's exactly what I was asking in Reply #243 above.

Seems to me that DJW has by far the most comprehensive manifesto of all the candidates who contested.

I was also very impressed with Clynt Talyor and hope that he would be used in some capacity by David John-Williams if he offers his services.
Would really loved to see Clynt Talyor as one of our VP's if he did not win as has transpired.

For those who are yet to examine it you can read our new TTFA President David John-Williams Manifesto called IMPERATIVES FOR CHANGE at this link: https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/a68d0dd8-2b2e-4f5a-b3c2-4cc02f8766ac
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 11:20:37 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 01, 2015, 09:35:09 AM »
How does a country that purports to be serious, about football, have a defunct players association and a defunct coaches association?

Ah like Fuentes' word choice: "non-operational".

Anyone able to cast light on whether the American T&T entity was present at the AGM, and, if present, who represented the entity?

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 01, 2015, 12:38:45 PM »

Anyone able to cast light on whether the American T&T entity was present at the AGM, and, if present, who represented the entity?
Dale Toney represented the TTAYSO and was present at the AGM.
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 01, 2015, 04:27:03 PM »
Ah like Fuentes' word choice: "non-operational".

It's more accurate than Lasana's... can't speak for the Coaches Association, but FPATT never really got off the ground.  For something to be "defunct," by definition it must have at some point been operational.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 01, 2015, 04:30:39 PM »
TTFA Presidential results being discussed right now on Power 102FM, tune in: http://news.power102fm.com/?inside

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #256 on: December 01, 2015, 11:18:05 PM »
I didn't hear the program but did the election went according to TTFA's constitution rules and guidelines ?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 11:29:22 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 02, 2015, 01:00:51 PM »
I didn't hear the program but did the election went according to TTFA's constitution rules and guidelines ?
Yeah. I was there. Everything was above board (free and fair). However there was some crap with the election of VPs though. Although they did follow the constitution. How the VPs are elected has to be amended. In its present format. A separate election for each VP. So the process was long and painful. Everyone was fedup and voted for the damn thing to be over and done. The initial voting actually had both Colin Murray and John Sabga in the running and Warner was supposed to have been eliminated. But the way the process is, any president that has the majority votes will always see his 3 VPs being voted in.
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 26, 2016, 04:44:33 PM »

Let us look back at all who said what during this time..

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 26, 2016, 04:45:55 PM »
don't trust DJW but I would be willing to see what happens there, still doh trust him though heard shabbazz has been making representation on his behalf dat alone makes me nervous...Selby Brown seems way out of touch.....Timkee need to take a rest...Ramdan well the less said about him the better

Exhibit #1  :)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 26, 2016, 04:46:48 PM »

Socapro don't talk much these days and ah can't find dreamer often  :)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 26, 2016, 04:53:07 PM »
don't trust DJW but I would be willing to see what happens there, still doh trust him though heard shabbazz has been making representation on his behalf dat alone makes me nervous...Selby Brown seems way out of touch.....Timkee need to take a rest...Ramdan well the less said about him the better

Hahaha, u jokey oui........carry on
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 26, 2016, 05:23:00 PM »

Hahaha, u jokey oui........carry on

It's better to laugh than cry when the truth comes knocking at your door.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 29, 2017, 02:27:44 PM »
so we not even half way through the presidency. I could use a break.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: TTFA Presidency Polls; The countdown to election begins.
« Reply #264 on: December 24, 2017, 09:09:08 AM »
TTFA annual general meeting installs Look Loy on Association board.
FC Santa Rosa Release.

The 2017 Annual General Meeting of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association unanimously elected FC Santa Rosa president Keith Look Loy to the TTFA Board of Director with immediate effect.

The vote concluded a months-long process that began with the decision of a TTFA Extraordinary General Meeting, held in July, that the newly-formed Trinidad and Tobago Super League should be represented in the TTFA Board.

In August 2017 TTSL advised TTFA that Keith would be its representative. After five months Keith was finally elected yesterday.

He has established priorities for action at Board level:

1) transparent and collective decision-making by the Board,

2) effective management of TTFA technical and national teams programmes,

3) review of the referee recruitment and training programme,

4) effective and equitable distribution to TTFA members of FIFA and other development funding,

5) review and overhaul of domestic club football,

6) servicing of TTFA debt.

Keith also intends to review the financial arrangements of the TTFA technical centre currently under construction in Balmain, Couva.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 24, 2017, 02:35:41 PM »
I have nothing to do today so I am back to troll dis board again..I wish I knew what dis tread was about so I could lambaste it..anyway

Compliments of de season to all..praise God we still here to fight to make Trinidad Football better and to remember those who have come and gone and not to forget their contributions ..because without them we wouldnt have anything to criticize.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 24, 2017, 02:56:49 PM »
 :)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 24, 2017, 08:19:26 PM »
Compliments for the season to everyone. Well, well, well. keith is now on board. Let's see how this plays out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #268 on: July 13, 2019, 12:07:09 AM »
Gillette heads new slate for football elections.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

Busi­ness­man Lind­say Gillette could again be the man to lead T&T foot­ball if the wish­es of a new slate come through.

Guardian Me­dia was re­li­ably in­formed that a list of names propos­ing Gillette as the leader, was put for­ward to con­test the T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion's (TTFA) elec­tion in No­vem­ber. It al­so com­pris­es Sports Colum­nist and en­thu­si­ast Col­in Mur­ray, Brent San­cho, the Cen­tral FC own­er and man­ag­er who, along with Gillette, have been in­flu­en­tial mem­bers of a Com­mis­sion formed to re­struc­ture T&T foot­ball, based on the ad­vice of UE­FA and the FI­FA.

Gillette's nom­i­na­tion for the pres­i­dent's po­si­tion is the sec­ond time the busi­ness­man has been cho­sen to lead the sport. On­ly re­cent­ly a Guardian re­port re­vealed that Gillette's per­for­mance as chair­man of the com­mis­sion saw him gain­ing the sup­port from the fra­ter­ni­ty, as well as some frac­tions of the elec­torate.

How­ev­er, his can­di­da­cy was nul­li­fied by the TTFA con­sti­tu­tion which re­quires him to be in­volved in ac­tive foot­ball ad­min­is­tra­tion at least three years be­fore the elec­tions. Gillette's stint in the sport has been at the T&T Pro League lev­el with Cen­tral FC, be­fore be­ing named on the com­mis­sion.

It is un­der­stood that San­cho, who has worked with Gillette at the cen­tral club, is set to prove Gillette's le­git­i­ma­cy to be a can­di­date for the elec­tions due to his on­go­ing work with the Cen­tral 'Skarks' which have won three con­sec­u­tive Pro League ti­tles and has com­pet­ed at the Caribbean Foot­ball Union (CFU) Club Cham­pi­onships.

Ar­ti­cle 34 of the TTFA con­sti­tu­tion which refers to the elec­tion of mem­bers of the board of di­rec­tors, state: "Can­di­dates shall have been ac­tive in foot­ball for at least three years dur­ing the five years pre­ced­ing the elec­tion. This ac­tiv­i­ty must have been per­formed in a man­age­r­i­al or a sim­i­lar po­si­tion in the ter­ri­to­ry of the Re­pub­lic of T&T."

It not­ed al­so: "Can­di­dates may not have pre­vi­ous­ly been found guilty of an in­dictable of­fence: Can­di­dates shall be na­tion­als of and shall have per­ma­nent res­i­dence in the Re­pub­lic of T&T: Can­di­da­tures for the of­fice of pres­i­dent and vice-pres­i­dent of the board of di­rec­tors shall be sup­port­ed by at least one Mem­ber."

At­tempts to con­tact Gillette yes­ter­day proved fu­tile, but Mur­ray ad­mit­ted he was ap­proached to be a vice pres­i­dent for a slate and he ac­cept­ed it.

"Po­si­tion re­al­ly does not mat­ter too much to me. I just want to serve in foot­ball," Mur­ray said.

The for­mer Events Man­ag­er at Carib Brew­ery was al­so a can­di­date for the Ray­mond Tim Kee slate for the foot­ball as­so­ci­a­tion's elec­tion back in 2015 but lost to the cur­rent ad­min­is­tra­tive team be­ing led by David John-Williams.

Mur­ray said the state of T&T foot­ball is the "worst" it has ever been in many years, say­ing: "You need on­ly to look at the is­sues with the women's team, Un­der-21 Olympic team, the U-17 and U-20 teams at the CON­CA­CAF play-offs, and the dis­as­ter at the CON­CA­CAF Gold Cup in the Unit­ed States re­cent­ly."

John-Williams' slate is set to be chal­lenged by a com­bined group that con­sists of An­tho­ny Har­ford- NFA pres­i­dent, William Wal­lace- SS­FL pres­i­dent, Clynt Tay­lor- CFA gen­er­al sec­re­tary, Kei­th Look Loy- the T&T Su­per League's pres­i­dent, for­mer TTFA pres­i­dent Tim Kee, Shymdeo Go­sine- CFA pres­i­dent and a num­ber of oth­er per­sons.

The group will name its slate next week.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 12:21:40 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 13, 2019, 03:29:25 PM »
This Gillette guy strikes me as a true politician.

1]; } ?>