21 (38.9%)
Clynt Taylor
1 (1.9%)
David John-Williams
8 (14.8%)
Other
5 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: TTFA Presidency Polls; The countdown to election begins.  (Read 73445 times)

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA Presidency Polls; The countdown to election begins.
« Reply #420 on: November 23, 2019, 10:23:19 PM »
Time to put an end to all of this nonsense, this clip works on multiple levels

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lEOOZDbMrgE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lEOOZDbMrgE</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 23, 2019, 10:45:47 PM »
Time to put an end to all of this nonsense, this clip works on multiple levels

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lEOOZDbMrgE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lEOOZDbMrgE</a>
William Wallace eh

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #422 on: November 24, 2019, 02:59:14 AM »
TTFA president to be chosen Sunday.
T&T Guardian Reports.

In­cum­bent David John-Williams will have his four-year reign as pres­i­dent of the T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion chal­lenged on Sun­day when the lo­cal body holds its high­ly-an­tic­i­pat­ed an­nu­al gen­er­al meet­ing (AGM) and elec­tion at the Home of Foot­ball in Bal­main, Cou­va.

Con­test­ing the po­si­tions which have been un­der John-Williams’ hold for the past four years are Ter­minix La Hor­quet­ta Rangers man­ag­ing di­rec­tor Richard Fer­gu­son and Unit­ed TTFA’s William Wal­lace.

Less than 24 hours af­ter he of­fi­cial­ly opened the Home of Foot­ball on Mon­day, em­bat­tled John-Williams an­nounced his can­di­da­cy for re-elec­tion, with a sup­port­ing slate of vice-pres­i­dents Col­in Par­tap, An­tho­ny Moore and Sel­by Browne, who is the pres­i­dent of the Vet­er­ans Foot­ball Foun­da­tion of T&T.

Wal­lace’s Unit­ed TTFA slate in­cludes Sam Phillip, a Su­per League board mem­ber, Cen­tral Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion sec­re­tary Clynt Tay­lor and Women’s Foot­ball League (Wolf) pres­i­dent Su­san Joseph-War­rick.

Fer­gu­son’s slate has put up Pro League club ex­ec­u­tive Ray­mond Thom and Cen­tral Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion (CFA) pres­i­dent Shymdeo Go­sine. Ed­di­son Dean, who was ini­tial­ly on Fer­gu­son’s slate for the first vice-pres­i­dent po­si­tion, with­drew to sup­port the Unit­ed TTFA’s push for pow­er.

John-Williams’ term has been marred in con­tro­ver­sy aligned to sev­er­al le­gal bat­tles, in­clud­ing the courts or­der­ing the freez­ing of the TTFA bank ac­count.

He has al­so been crit­i­cised for the poor per­for­mances of na­tion­al teams, a lack of trans­paren­cy dur­ing the build­ing of the Home of Foot­ball and has even been la­belled a dic­ta­tor.

How­ev­er, John-Williams has in­sist­ed he was still able to get the things his team pri­ori­tised dur­ing the pe­ri­od.

“Quick fix­es are not al­ways pos­si­ble or a re­al­is­tic ex­pec­ta­tion. While some may dis­agree with the or­der of pri­or­i­ties ad­dressed by the cur­rent ad­min­is­tra­tion, and some of the de­ci­sions made, we placed fo­cus on many achieve­ments since as­sum­ing of­fice in 2015,” John-Williams said of his tenure.

While all three can­di­dates are con­fi­dent of vic­to­ry, six po­ten­tial votes from the To­ba­go Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion (TFA) and Cen­tral Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion (CFA) ap­pear to be hang­ing in the bal­an­ce af­ter Guardian Me­dia Sports learned that mem­ber clubs from both as­so­ci­a­tions chal­lenged an al­leg­ed un­con­sti­tu­tion­al elec­tion of the del­e­gates who will be vot­ing for ei­ther the Unit­ed TTFA or John-Williams and his team to­day.

The con­sti­tu­tion of the as­so­ci­a­tions, which is aligned to the TTFA con­sti­tu­tion, does not give a clear di­rec­tive of how del­e­gates are to be cho­sen.

How­ev­er, CFA gen­er­al sec­re­tary Clynt Tay­lor be­lieves the gen­er­al mem­ber­ship of his as­so­ci­a­tion should de­cide on the del­e­gates, as had been done in the past.

Tay­lor, who con­test­ed the last TTFA elec­tion and fell just short of John-Williams in the pres­i­den­cy race in 2015, made it clear cur­rent CFA pres­i­dent Shymdeo Go­sine is guilty of a breach of the con­sti­tu­tion by en­gag­ing in the elec­tion of Cen­tral Zone del­e­gates.

Tay­lor re­ferred to Ar­ti­cle 37(3) of the con­sti­tu­tion, which states: “Any Mem­ber of the Board of Di­rec­tors must with­draw from the de­bate and de­cid­ing if there is any risk or pos­si­bil­i­ty of a con­flict of in­ter­ests.”

Tay­lor and a mem­ber of a TFA club be­lieve the on­ly was for­ward to­day is for the votes of the two as­so­ci­a­tions to be con­sid­ered null and void, or the process used by the CFA/TFA mem­bers in the past is ac­cept­ed. Some 47 del­e­gates will be el­i­gi­ble to vote to­day if the CFA and TFA del­e­gates al­so get a chance to vote.

TFA pres­i­dent An­tho­ny Moore has been ac­cused of breach­ing the same Ar­ti­cle 37(3) of the con­sti­tu­tion to se­cure votes for the John-Williams team. How­ev­er, Moore made it clear that clubs do not have any pow­er to elect del­e­gates, not­ing “if they want to, there must be a change in the con­sti­tu­tion for it to hap­pen.” He point­ed to Ar­ti­cle 79 of the TTFA con­sti­tu­tion which gives ul­ti­mate pow­er to the board. The TFA board com­pris­es the pres­i­dent, three vice pres­i­dents, and as many or­di­nary mem­bers.

RELATED NEWS

TTFA members elect new executive.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

A SHOWDOWN is expected at the Home of Football in Balmain, Couva as the eagerly-anticipated Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) Annual General Meeting and executive elections take place from 10 am today.

David John-Williams, the incumbent TTFA president, is facing a stiff challenge from Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) president William Wallace, with Terminix La Horquetta Rangers owner Richard Ferguson also in the mix.

This election is the most publicised and hard-fought in recent memory, with John-Williams’ campaign revolving around the Home of Football project, which was opened by FIFA president Gianni Infantino and Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley last Monday.

John-Williams, who is also the owner of local football club W Connection, has also been highlighting his administration’s efforts in resolving the debt he incurred when he replaced Raymond Tim Kee in November 2015.

However, John-Williams, who is leading Team Impactors, had three major hurdles to overcome last week, as he was on the losing end of court matters (either personally or relating to the TTFA).

On Monday, the Venture Credit Union was awarded a $23 million judgment against John-Williams. And on Tuesday, at the Port of Spain High Court, the TTFA was ordered to pay $5 million to ex-TT men’s team coach Stephen Hart for a breach of contract.

Former TTFA technical director Anton Corneal, represented by attorney Richard Sirjoo, was awarded $3,488,375, in an oral ruling by Port of Spain High Court judge Vasheist Kokaram on Wednesday for unpaid salaries.

Wallace, leading United TTFA, has had to face two suggestions from John-Williams that proposed sponsorship deals with the Junior Sammy Group of Companies, and Nike, were false. Wallace has refused to be drawn in a tit-for-tat with the TTFA president.

But both parties have been very combative on Facebook, with Team Impactors using videos and United TTFA relying on daily media releases to indicate why the other party should not be trusted to lead the local governing body for the next four years.

Ferguson, who has kept a low profile during the past few weeks, has been stressing the need for the TTFA to be more financially sound. He has repeatedly used his work at Terminix La Horquetta Rangers – how he helped revamp the team which was formerly St Ann’s Rangers and build a sporting complex in La Horquetta – as his calling card.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 03:09:19 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 24, 2019, 01:21:10 PM »
WILLIAM WALLACE IS THE NEW PRESIDENT OF THE TTFA. Good riddance DJW!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 24, 2019, 01:22:56 PM »

Your source? I aint celebrating as yet..

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 24, 2019, 01:31:02 PM »
Tremdous news if true

Offline RichGFootball

• ....formerly Richard G. I'm not a newbie. Just new-ish from since Mpurcell days
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 24, 2019, 01:31:34 PM »
TTFA fb page and Look Loy himself  ;D

Trinidad and Tobago 1st
Everyone else is 2nd

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 24, 2019, 01:34:09 PM »
TTFA fb page and Look Loy himself  ;D

I can confirm. Two rounds of voting. Ferguson eliminated in the first round.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #429 on: November 24, 2019, 01:35:03 PM »
Tremdous news if true

Just posted on ttfa fb site... it’s official

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 24, 2019, 01:36:32 PM »
Wallace won 26-20

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 24, 2019, 01:37:49 PM »
Now that that's over, Contro we still have some business to attend to:

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2019/11/24/pirates-caribbean-warner-linked-treasure-hunters-seek-regime-change-ttfa/

I think we should subject Paul Nicholson to a letter writing campaign the likes of which he has never witnessed.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 01:40:53 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 24, 2019, 01:38:13 PM »
It feel like we qualify for a world cup.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 24, 2019, 01:39:11 PM »
Tremdous news if true

That's spectacularly quick for the TTFA social media ... :rotfl:

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 24, 2019, 01:42:41 PM »
Tremdous news if true

Hahahahahahaha things changing already. We needed this win!

Whew, our football needed this. Finally that dictatorial arrogant plague of a person is out!

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: November 24, 2019, 01:43:04 PM »
Tremdous news if true

I hope they can post a pic of DJW leaving the home of football carrying his cardboard box that has personal items in it.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 24, 2019, 01:44:22 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6-E0rZ4mm10" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6-E0rZ4mm10</a>

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 24, 2019, 01:47:49 PM »
Just woke up my pressure still elevated from last week’s idiot performance to see this WONDERFUL NEWS! this deserves a bloody drink :beermug: in fact we should throw a festival on account of this wonderful news.  GOOD RIDDANCE  DJW GOOD BLOODY RIDDANCE !
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 01:59:42 PM by pull stones »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 24, 2019, 01:50:57 PM »
Just woke up my pressure still elevated from last week’s idiot performance to see this WONDERFUL NEWS! this deserves a bloody drink :beermug: in fact we shouldtrowafestivalon account of this wonderful news.  GOOD RIDDANCE  DJW GOOD BLOODY RIDDANCE !

Amen.

I wonder if he will leave gracefully? Or try he sh*t and contact Concacaf or FIFA and tell them the elections were illegal..

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 24, 2019, 01:51:15 PM »
It feel like we qualify for a world cup.
it sure does mate, it sure does.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 24, 2019, 01:52:20 PM »
Just woke up my pressure still elevated from last week’s idiot performance to see this WONDERFUL NEWS! this deserves a bloody drink :beermug: in fact we shouldtrowafestivalon account of this wonderful news.  GOOD RIDDANCE  DJW GOOD BLOODY RIDDANCE !

Amen.

I wonder if he will leave gracefully? Or try he sh*t and contact Concacaf or FIFA and tell them the elections were illegal..

FIFA was present.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 24, 2019, 01:53:48 PM »

Amen.

FIFA was present.

Ok. I never knew. But I jus feel he have a trump card under he scales.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 24, 2019, 01:54:07 PM »

Amen.

actually I just thought of that, I could hear his fat ugly voice now cussing with his cohorts talking bout “I not taking that so easy”. he fought a nasty campaign so you have to look for him any where.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 24, 2019, 01:57:43 PM »

Amen.

FIFA was present.

He really in yuh head.  :rotfl: Exorcise the demon.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 24, 2019, 01:58:02 PM »
26- 20  ??? tobago must have given him the 6 votes (correction 3 votes) after all he is a tobagonian and those people are hard to bribe. I can’t believe there were 20 delegates who actually thought this man was worth a farthing, we trinis need to look deep within ourselves, we are a very toxic people indeed.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 02:36:21 PM by pull stones »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 24, 2019, 01:59:29 PM »
@pull stones, Asylum said FIFA was present. So it sounds like DJW will not have a strong ground to stand on if he does.

Next up is DL. I dont expect him to be coach by Jan 2020.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 24, 2019, 02:00:30 PM »

Amen.

FIFA was present.

He really in yuh head.  :rotfl: Exorcise the demon.

Aye, yuh forget what happen in the last 4 years..  :rotfl:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #448 on: November 24, 2019, 02:03:57 PM »
Now that that's over, Contro we still have some business to attend to:

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2019/11/24/pirates-caribbean-warner-linked-treasure-hunters-seek-regime-change-ttfa/

I think we should subject Paul Nicholson to a letter writing campaign the likes of which he has never witnessed.

Paul seems pro dictator in his article tbh.... or at least so anti warner that even if we suffer we must stick with the dictator... he didn’t clarify his position on whether Ferguson was kosher or not and if that would be a viable path for the future...

The most interesting piece he wrote was our footballs future if the dictator is gone and his friends at fifa like Infantino are upset. To that I say I don’t care what they think, TT football needs to progress and their support of a sell out who’s in the house, debilitated our progress..

Spiteful actions coming, maybe but it’s can’t be worse than what we just went thru for 2 plus years. TT will always be against the current bc we are talented enough to punch above our weight class and be a world beater if we are given a fair chance with the right tool so in place..

That creates headaches for certain nations, that prefer the easy way out as opposed to actually competing fairly

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #449 on: November 24, 2019, 02:07:30 PM »

Amen.

FIFA was present.

So is Teflon back in charge but in the shadows?  :o

1]; } ?>