21 (38.9%)
Clynt Taylor
1 (1.9%)
David John-Williams
8 (14.8%)
Other
5 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: TTFA Presidency Polls; The countdown to election begins.  (Read 73448 times)

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA Presidency Polls; The countdown to election begins.
« Reply #450 on: November 24, 2019, 02:07:55 PM »
@pull stones, Asylum said FIFA was present. So it sounds like DJW will not have a strong ground to stand on if he does.

Next up is DL. I dont expect him to be coach by Jan 2020.
that gone just the same. remember Keith lok loy is part of the united ttfa and back in the summer lok loy was urging the fat boss to cann dennis lawrence, but he refused and lok loy had a war of words with dennis telling him of how much of a terrible coach he was, until dennis threatened him with a pre action protocol if he didn’t apologize, of which lok loy did, so yes I believe dennis is history as well.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 24, 2019, 02:12:23 PM »
@pull stones, Asylum said FIFA was present. So it sounds like DJW will not have a strong ground to stand on if he does.

that gone just the same. remember Keith lok loy is part of the united ttfa and back in the summer lok loy was urging the fat boss to cann dennis lawrence, but he refused and lok loy had a war of words with dennis telling him of how much of a terrible coach he was, until dennis threatened him with a pre action protocol if he didn’t apologize, of which lok loy did, so yes I believe dennis is history as well.

Yes. I forget about the pre action protocol by DL. I'm sure he is updating his CV as we speak.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 24, 2019, 02:14:52 PM »
Just woke up my pressure still elevated from last week’s idiot performance to see this WONDERFUL NEWS! this deserves a bloody drink :beermug: in fact we shouldtrowafestivalon account of this wonderful news.  GOOD RIDDANCE  DJW GOOD BLOODY RIDDANCE !

Amen.

I wonder if he will leave gracefully? Or try he sh*t and contact Concacaf or FIFA and tell them the elections were illegal..

FIFA was present.

So is Teflon back in charge but in the shadows?  :o
oh god man you self! it ain’t a good hour yet and you want to spoil the mood with another unseen ghost hand. the fuken man gone, no more Spector in the closet pulling the strings. jack warner is out of our lives since 2013 let’s celebrate mate and hold a meditation.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 24, 2019, 02:18:31 PM »

Yes. I forget about the pre action protocol by DL. I'm sure he is updating his CV as we speak.
i saw an interview with William wallace last week when he said no more excuses. he made it abundantly clear that football is a result oriented business and if a coach is underperforming out he goes, and dennis has been underperforming for 2 years and counting.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 24, 2019, 02:21:16 PM »
Now that that's over, Contro we still have some business to attend to:

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2019/11/24/pirates-caribbean-warner-linked-treasure-hunters-seek-regime-change-ttfa/

I think we should subject Paul Nicholson to a letter writing campaign the likes of which he has never witnessed.

Paul seems pro dictator in his article tbh.... or at least so anti warner that even if we suffer we must stick with the dictator... he didn’t clarify his position on whether Ferguson was kosher or not and if that would be a viable path for the future...

The most interesting piece he wrote was our footballs future if the dictator is gone and his friends at fifa like Infantino are upset. To that I say I don’t care what they think, TT football needs to progress and their support of a sell out who’s in the house, debilitated our progress..

Spiteful actions coming, maybe but it’s can’t be worse than what we just went thru for 2 plus years. TT will always be against the current bc we are talented enough to punch above our weight class and be a world beater if we are given a fair chance with the right tool so in place..

That creates headaches for certain nations, that prefer the easy way out as opposed to actually competing fairly

He didn't do that because the article wasn't meant to serve Ferguson's interests or give Ferguson a platform. The article was targeted to where the threat was perceived to come from (United TTFA).

I've been tracking Nicholson's articles. He's been fed meat by a particular person who I will leave nameless.

His headline is inflammatory. Treasure-hunters? Moreover, everyone involved in football during a certain period and tasked with responsibility was "Warner-linked". Who was DJW ... was he someone with no history of Warner? Steups. This election was not a referendum on Jack Warner it was a referendum on DJW and his folly.

The article is a distractor.  Attempt to tarnish/paint one side and cleanse the other and really calls into question Nicholson's credibility and how I will treat the content he writes.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 02:40:25 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 24, 2019, 02:32:07 PM »

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2019/11/24/pirates-caribbean-warner-linked-treasure-hunters-seek-regime-change-ttfa/

I think we should subject Paul Nicholson to a letter writing campaign the likes of which he has never witnessed.
the writer is definitely bias in favor of the fat boss, thank god everyone’s minds were made up on who they were casting their nets for.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 24, 2019, 02:38:07 PM »
To the players ... those who post and those who read ... doh let another election come without having a voting delegate.

To the coaches ... those who post and those who read ... doh let another election come without having a voting delegate.

It is absolutely absurd to not have the participation of players and coaches in a TTFA election process. Shame!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 24, 2019, 02:38:53 PM »

Now we'll finally find out what his salary was, he could've been making $10M annually.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 24, 2019, 02:41:34 PM »
thank god ah was worried dat d trini worst instincts and penchant for graft woulda slither through.....d margin of victory says many still prefer personal ambition to national interest though.....sad....still thank god he gone
I pity the fool....

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #459 on: November 24, 2019, 02:46:10 PM »

Paul seems pro dictator in his article tbh.... or at least so anti warner that even if we suffer we must stick with the dictator... he didn’t clarify his position on whether Ferguson was kosher or not and if that would be a viable path for the future...

The most interesting piece he wrote was our footballs future if the dictator is gone and his friends at fifa like Infantino are upset. To that I say I don’t care what they think, TT football needs to progress and their support of a sell out who’s in the house, debilitated our progress..

Spiteful actions coming, maybe but it’s can’t be worse than what we just went thru for 2 plus years. TT will always be against the current bc we are talented enough to punch above our weight class and be a world beater if we are given a fair chance with the right tool so in place..

That creates headaches for certain nations, that prefer the easy way out as opposed to actually competing fairly

He didn't do that because the article wasn't meant to serve Ferguson's interests or give Ferguson a platform. The article was targeted to where the threat was perceived to come from (United TTFA).

I've been tracking Nicholson's articles. He's been fed meat by a particular person who I will leave nameless.

His headline is inflammatory. Treasure-hunters? Moreover, everyone involved in football during a certain period and tasked with responsibility was "Warner-linked". Who was DJW ... was he someone with no history of Warner? Steups. This election was not a referendum on Jack Warner it was a referendum on DJW and his folly.

The article is a distractor.  Attempt to tarnish/paint one side and cleanse the other and really calls into question Nicholson's credibility and how I will treat the content he writes.

Agreed, happy we see the same things...  :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #460 on: November 24, 2019, 02:47:11 PM »
thank god ah was worried dat d trini worst instincts and penchant for graft woulda slither through.....d margin of victory says many still prefer personal ambition to national interest though.....sad....still thank god he gone

That is what destroys our football..

And by extension our nation

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #461 on: November 24, 2019, 02:47:34 PM »
To the players ... those who post and those who read ... doh let another election come without having a voting delegate.

To the coaches ... those who post and those who read ... doh let another election come without having a voting delegate.

It is absolutely absurd to not have the participation of players and coaches in a TTFA election process. Shame!

Needed to be said  :beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #462 on: November 24, 2019, 02:48:48 PM »

i saw an interview with William wallace last week when he said no more excuses. he made it abundantly clear that football is a result oriented business and if a coach is underperforming out he goes, and dennis has been underperforming for 2 years and counting.

He’s good as gone... the sabotage is over, finally

Now onto the next question, who is their short list of coaches? TD etc

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 24, 2019, 03:05:09 PM »
I was about to say temper the celebrations until the voting is over ... in the event there was a split ticket. But that has not happened. All posts have been filled by United TTFA.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 24, 2019, 06:48:03 PM »

Honestly, that is the players fault. If they don't want to organize, how are they going to have a say. From since 2006 we hearing about the players union. 2019 almost finish, and no players union.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: November 24, 2019, 07:11:48 PM »

Honestly, that is the players fault. If they don't want to organize, how are they going to have a say. From since 2006 we hearing about the players union. 2019 almost finish, and no players union.
maybe the players union could be revisited under this new administration. after all Shaka Hislop and I think kelvin jack endorsed them.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 24, 2019, 07:22:31 PM »

maybe the players union could be revisited under this new administration. after all Shaka Hislop and I think kelvin jack endorsed them.

It's up to the players. It's not up to the TTFA admin to organize the players. I would say there would need to be some education/re-education of the players around the issue ... especially since some players have retired since the last effort. I see a role in this mix for a Yohance Marshall for instance. Radanfah too. There are others.

Once there's consensus and engagement on the ground, then FifPro can touch down and assist from the ground up. But we are not seriously in the professional era absent this being fixed.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 24, 2019, 07:26:39 PM »

What's the excuse for the coaches?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #468 on: November 24, 2019, 07:48:51 PM »
so it appears, the dictator issued coaching extensions the night before the election and they will most likely be shot down by Wallace and team

So if people think it wasn’t sabotage and nepotism then think again

Night before  :D :D wow

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 24, 2019, 08:07:25 PM »
De fatman gone, Hallelujah Jesus.  Don't let the door smack you on the way out. If you need help packing let me know.

At last,  a long needed show of integrity from the football fraternity
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 24, 2019, 08:42:35 PM »
When does DJW officially leave? Are the results immediate? I figure WW will need to do some ceremonial and administrative things before he's officially the president.. or is he automatically in the position after the votes are counted.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 24, 2019, 09:02:02 PM »

What's the excuse for the coaches?

same as the players!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 24, 2019, 11:19:27 PM »

Agreed! And to add to that...
26- 20  ??? tobago must have given him the 6 votes (correction 3 votes) after all he is a tobagonian and those people are hard to bribe. I can’t believe there were 20 delegates who actually thought this man was worth a farthing, we trinis need to look deep within ourselves, we are a very toxic people indeed.
And those 20 are also cool knowing where our football actually is under his reign...isn't this suppose to be about the actual football?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #473 on: November 25, 2019, 02:47:07 AM »
Wallace gets new TTFA mandate.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

William Wal­lace is the new pres­i­dent of the T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion.

He was giv­en a new man­date to take the TTFA for­ward yes­ter­day at the as­so­ci­a­tion’s An­nu­al Gen­er­al Meet­ing (AGM) and Elec­tion at the Home of Foot­ball in Bal­main, Cou­va, where he de­feat­ed close ri­val David John-Wil­iams 26-20 in a hot­ly con­test­ed race for the pres­i­den­cy.

Richard Fer­gu­son, the oth­er pres­i­den­tial can­di­date, was oust­ed af­ter the first round of vot­ing, as he re­ceived 10 votes to John-Williams’ 16 and Wal­lace’s 20 votes when the del­e­gates first sat down to de­cide who should take the coun­try’s foot­ball for­ward.

Af­ter con­ced­ing de­feat in the sec­ond round, John-Williams, who may claim a psy­cho­log­i­cal vic­to­ry to­day, hav­ing been able to hold yes­ter­day’s elec­tion in the Home of Foot­ball that was built through his own ini­tia­tive, stopped briefly to talk to re­porters, not­ing that he would he would now fo­cus on his busi­ness and club, be­fore dri­ving out of the com­pound.

Wal­lace emerged about 10 min­utes lat­er and was joined by Kei­th Look Loy, the man who start­ed the cam­paign to re­move the John-Williams-led ad­min­is­tra­tion.

Wal­lace, who will now have to re­lin­quish his po­si­tion as pres­i­dent of the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL), will take up of­fice at the TTFA from this morn­ing, along with first vice-pres­i­dent Clynt Tay­lor, Sam Phillip and Su­san Joseph-War­rick, whom all claimed vic­to­ry dur­ing the elec­tions yes­ter­day.

Tay­lor de­feat­ed Sel­by Browne 27-17 for the po­si­tion of first vice-pres­i­dent, Joseph-War­rick beat An­tho­ny Moore 30-10 for sec­ond vice-pres­i­dent and Phillip de­feat­ed Col­in Par­tap 27-13 for the third vice-pres­i­dent spot. Shymdeo Go­sine, the oth­er can­di­date in the toss-up for third vice-pres­i­dent, re­ceived three votes, while Ray­mond Thom, the oth­er sec­ond vice-pres­i­dent can­di­date, got four votes.

Wal­lace im­me­di­ate­ly told re­porters that his team will re­sume spon­sor­ship talks with all com­pa­nies, lo­cal and in­ter­na­tion­al, who had giv­en them com­mit­ments in the runup to the elec­tion.

He thanked God and oth­ers who sup­port­ed him and his slate, in­clud­ing the 47 del­e­gates who were el­i­gi­ble to vote yes­ter­day. One of the del­e­gates did not show up for yes­ter­days’ event. He said as they go for­ward seek­ing to ef­fect change, their first as­sign­ment will be a fact-find­ing one.

“We know it’s an oner­ous task, it’s a hard task, but the process starts with fact-find­ing. We’re not sure what we’re go­ing to meet in there, but we are up to the task, and by that I mean, you can­not just talk the talk but not walk the walk, so I am ready to walk the walk,” Wal­lace said.

He added, “One of the first things we will do is a prop­er au­dit on every­thing, on staff, fi­nan­cial­ly, etcetera. That’s the first thing. We’re go­ing in ba­si­cal­ly in the dark, so we need to get some light be­fore we start to move.”

The new foot­ball boss al­so brushed aside con­cerns that na­tion­al coach Den­nis Lawrence will be re­placed, say­ing he couldn’t say that at the mo­ment, as Lawrence had a con­tract.

How­ev­er, he high up on his agen­da will be to put the com­mit­tees of the foot­ball as­so­ci­a­tion, such as an ad­vi­so­ry com­mit­tee, in place to en­sure all ac­tiv­i­ties are prop­er­ly mon­i­tored.

“This busi­ness is not about William Wal­lace mak­ing de­ci­sions alone, but it’s about a col­lec­tive ef­fort. As a mat­ter of fact, one of the ma­jor things we want to do is to put an ad­vi­so­ry com­mit­tee in place, out­side of the oth­er com­mit­tees,” he said.

“Lots of peo­ple in T&T have in­di­cat­ed their in­ter­est in that, from le­gal peo­ple, busi­ness peo­ple and so on, so those are some of the per­sons that we will get di­rec­tion from, in terms of where we move from here.”

He al­so said bring­ing fans back to foot­ball would be an en­tire re­build­ing process, as they are al­ready think­ing about the 2026 World Cup cam­paign. This, he said, will start with the young play­ers, via putting prop­er pro­grammes in place where play­ers can come through and come through well.

“When we start to play good foot­ball, the fans will come out,” Wal­lace said.

He said he al­so be­lieves that their planned style of gov­er­nance, which in­cludes reach­ing out to all of T&T, will be an en­cour­age­ment to fans to come out.

RELATED NEWS

United not impacted
By Renaldo Matadeen (Newsday).

SECONDARY Schools Football League (SSFL) boss William Wallace has dethroned David John-Williams to become the new president of the TT Football Association (TTFA). Wallace will oversee local football for the next four years following the TTFA elections and annual general meeting, which took place at the Home of Football, in Couva, on Sunday, and he vowed to get funds, fans and the national team back in order.

The first round of voting after lunch saw 46 votes cast with Wallace receiving 20, John-Williams collecting 16 and Richard Ferguson ten. With Ferguson eliminated from the second round, 46 votes were cast again with Wallace winning the head honcho’s spot with 26 votes to 20.

“It has been a long two months. Now, we’re going straight into the fire and the job’s begun. There was a groundswell of support from people, as far as Martinique, who wanted to see a change in the status quo for the betterment of TT’s football,” Wallace said after his victory. However, he made it clear he was adopting a patient approach when it comes to making changes, including that of sacking national coach Dennis Lawrence, who is under fire for a string of miserable results with the Soca Warriors.

“... we have to sit down and discuss that. Dennis has a contract so, up until this time he is still the national coach of TT,” Wallace said. He did indicate he had the right counsel besides him to make such pivotal decisions, including Super League president and TTFA director, Keith Look Loy, laughing off claims the latter would be a “hindrance” to the new administration’s vision.

Wallace gleamed over his United TTFA front, who completed a clean sweep in the elections, starting with Clynt Taylor defeating Selby Browne of John-Williams’ Team Impactors by 27 votes to 17 to claim first vice-president. Susan Joseph-Warrick, of United TTFA, is now the second vice-president as she garnered 30 votes to Team Impactors’ Anthony Moore (ten votes) and Raymond Thom’s four votes for the Ferguson slate. Lastly, United TTFA’s Sam Phillip became the third vice-president with 27 votes by defeating Team Impactors’ Colin Partap (13 votes) and Ferguson’s candidate, Shymdeo Gosine, who could only muster three.

“We are going in in the dark so we need to get some light before we start. I think it (the victory) was more than my campaign. It was what was happening to TT football for the last four years. My campaign was basic but, now it’s all about the collective effort,” Wallace said. The new president divulged he would be having a more open style of governance and it would begin with proper audits on staff and financials. Wallace did reveal, though, he was willing to work with any member of the TTFA and all stakeholders to improve the game. John-Williams refused to offer comment to Newsday following his slate’s emphatic defeat but Team Impactors’ Facebook posted, “On behalf of Mr David John-Wiiliams, we would like to congratulate the new president of the TTFA, Mr William Wallace.”

Laying out some of his other plans, Wallace revealed upping fan turnout is a priority, as well as youth development. “We have to rebuild. We are starting to think about 2026 (World Cup) definitely. We have to start with your young players and put programmes in place so that our young players can come through and come through well. When we start to play good football, the fans will come out,” he added. He indicated he would also be focusing on other committees, particularly marketing and advertising, which were given just $21,000 in the current budget for the next fiscal year, to help boost the national setup. Wallace admitted it’s going to be a challenge but one he’s ready for.

“If I wasn’t ready I wouldn’t have gotten myself involved in this at all. It’s a hard task; the first thing starts with fact finding (and) we’re not sure what we’re going to meet in there. But we are up to the task. You can’t just talk the talk, you have to walk the walk,” he continued. Wallace also promised to look at partnerships to make the Home of Football economically viable, pursuing the controversial Nike deal making the rounds recently, while also seeking advice from legal and business experts on the new direction of the TTFA.

Newly-elected TTFA president Wallace dethrones DJW 26-20

John-Williams returns to company, club.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

For­mer Trinidad and To­ba­go Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion pres­i­dent David John-Williams will now re­turn to his busi­ness and foot­ball club W Con­nec­tion, af­ter los­ing his po­si­tion as leader of an as­so­ci­a­tion he hand­ed its own home af­ter more than 100 years with­out one.

He had a som­bre look on his face af­ter the ma­jor­i­ty of the 47 vot­ers who par­tic­i­pat­ed in yes­ter­day’s TTFA An­nu­al Gen­er­al Meet­ing (AGM) and Elec­tion of of­fi­cers at the Home of Foot­ball in Bal­main, Cou­va, opt­ed to gave William Wal­lace, pres­i­dent of the Unit­ed TTFA, the chance to man­age the af­fairs of the sport for the next four years fol­low­ing a 26-20 re­sult.

Wal­lace says he has com­mit­ments from sev­er­al lo­cal and in­ter­na­tion­al spon­sors to as­sist the as­so­ci­a­tion, which is in a fi­nan­cial hole and al­so has new plans to take foot­ball for­ward.

As he de­part­ed from the venue yes­ter­day, John-Williams wished the new ad­min­is­tra­tors of foot­ball and T&T foot­ball the best of luck. How­ev­er, he said it’s left to be seen how the coun­try’s foot­ball will move on from here.

Be­fore he pulled out from the Home of Foot­ball, John William told re­porters he will now move on with his life hav­ing done what he had to do.

“I have giv­en it my best shot and I will now move on,” John-Williams said.

Quizzed as to why he felt he was not suc­cess­ful at the polls, John-Williams said, “It’s dif­fi­cult to say. Se­cret bal­lot and peo­ple made their choic­es. I have my busi­ness to run, I have my club to run and maybe W Con­nec­tion now can get my full at­ten­tion.”

The em­bat­tled for­mer foot­ball as­so­ci­a­tion pres­i­dent, who was ac­cused of lack­ing trans­paren­cy and ac­count­abil­i­ty, among oth­er things, dur­ing his four-year tenure, said he did not have any ad­vice for the new ad­min­is­tra­tion.

“I will not ad­vo­cate any ad­vice for the win­ner. They maybe have their, what they want to do and their plans and I wish them all the best.”

Mean­while, AC Port-of-Spain tech­ni­cal and busi­ness de­vel­op­ment di­rec­tor Michael Awai said the vic­to­ry for the Unit­ed TTFA means his clubs will lose US$108,000, which will put them in a po­si­tion to have to look for the dif­fer­ence of be­tween $700,000 and $450,000 to start with. The amount would have been part of the fund­ing clubs would have re­ceived as part of a club de­vel­op­ment dri­ve John-Williams had ad­vo­cat­ed dur­ing his cam­paign for the pres­i­den­cy.

“Every oth­er club will have that prob­lem. I think that we will have to wait and see what Mr Wal­lace and his crew, in­clud­ing the Nike fund­ing he says he has, and all the oth­er things. We can’t diss him, we just have to wait and see what he says,” Awai said.

He added, “The on­ly way to change in foot­ball is de­vel­op­ment, noth­ing else. We have a build­ing now—the Home of Foot­ball, you can’t take that away from David John-Williams, that’s his lega­cy.

“But say­ing that, we are de­pend­ing on mon­ey from Nike and mon­ey from who­ev­er else to help the foot­ball is one thing, but it’s an­oth­er thing to have the de­vel­op­ment in place, be­cause that’s what was miss­ing, in my mind, in John-Williams’ tenure, the de­vel­op­ment of the foot­ball, which is why we suf­fered on the field of play.”

Wallace dethrones DJW as TTFA boss.
By Stephon Nicholas (Newsday).

William Wallace has dethroned David John-Williams as president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA).

The Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) boss staved off a stiff challenge from John-Williams, to take control of local football for the next four years. The TTFA held its elections and annual general meeting at the Home of Football in Couva on Sunday morning.

The first round of voting saw 46 votes cast with Wallace receiving 20 votes, John-Willians collecting 16 and Richard Ferguson trailing with 10. Ferguson was eliminated from the second round and 46 votes were cast again. This time, Wallace reached a majority of 24 to seize control of the local football body.

The build-up to Sunday's elections was fraught with controversy as both sides sought to discredit their opponents. The embattled John-Williams and Team Impactors campaigned on the deliverance of the Home of Football, which was opened on Monday in style with FIFA president Gianni Infantino and Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley in attendance.

Wallace's United TTFA team highlighted the poor results on the field of almost all the national teams as well as the numerous TTFA defeats in court, hence increasing the debt of the local governing body. John-Williams countered he met the TTFA in serious debt when he took office in 2015 and has reduced it during his tenure.

The victory of United TTFA puts national men's coach Dennis Lawrence's position in serious doubt as the United TTFA had promised to get rid of him if elected.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 04:33:40 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #474 on: November 26, 2019, 02:31:09 AM »
God answered my prayers.
By Narissa Fraser (Newsday).

Former Strike Squad captain reacts to TTFA election results…

FORMER Strike Squad captain Clayton Morris says his prayers have been answered, as a new TT Football Association (TTFA) administration takes office.

Secondary Schools Football League president William Wallace dethroned David John-Williams as TTFA president at the association’s elections, on Sunday, at the Home of Football in Balmain, Couva.

Clynt Taylor, Susan Joseph-Warrick and Sam Phillip are now first, second and third vice-presidents, respectively.

In June, Morris called on the public to sign an online petition for John-Williams to step down as president and was very vocal about his displeasure with the administration.

Speaking with Newsday, on Monday afternoon, he said, “It’s really a nice feeling to wake up this morning to breathe that fresh air that there’s a change in the head of the TTFA. It really gives me that satisfaction given the struggle I personally have been through for the past two, three eras.

“As the coach of the national futsal team,a former national player, as a current coach and somebody who on a daily basis gives their life towards the development of young people in TT, I feel really vindicated.”

Morris, along with other staff members and 22 players, won a matter in the High Court against the TTFA last December.

The futsal team filed claims for non-payment of salaries, match fees and per diems for the Concacaf Futsal Championships, which took place in Costa Rica in May 2016. The TTFA was ordered to pay $475,743 plus interest at three per cent per annum and to cover legal fees.

He says there is hope and that he has told to his players that things would get better. He agreed with the line from Wallace’s acceptance speech which said, “The task at hand demands all hands on deck.”

Morris told Newsday, “I am looking forward to that...where everybody could chip in. We really do need all hands on deck to get our football back to where it supposed to be.”

The TTFA has lost three court cases to former employees this year. In September, the association was ordered to pay for­mer tech­ni­cal di­rec­tor Kendal Walkes $5.4 million in compensation for wrongful dismissal. And in November, it was ordered to pay former senior men’s national coach Stephen Hart $5 million for wrongful dismissal, unpaid salaries and bonuses and former TTFA technical director Anton Corneal $3,488,375 for unpaid salaries. These cases, in total, added approximately $14 million to the TTFA’s debt.

Asked if he felt this would be a challenge for the new administration, Morris said, “It is a tall order and it will be a challenge, but I am looking to it with optimism.”

He said he is hopeful the state of football in TT can return to where it once was.

“We have to get back to where we were in 1989 and 2006 when the stadium was filled when everybody was focused on the sport of football.

“We went to the (2006 FIFA) World Cup, everybody felt proud to be a Trinbagonian, so I think we need to go back into those feelings to help us get out of the situation we’re presently in.”

In an exclusive interview with John-Williams on November 14, he asked Newsday, “What do you prefer, financial stability or wins on the pitch?”

Under head coach Dennis Lawrence’s leadership, the senior men’s national team earned six wins, eight draws and 20 losses in 34 matches.

In response to John-Williams’ comment, Morris said, “I could never support that. It’s a football association not a financial institution, and any country’s dream is to get to a World Cup and that all your teams are qualifying for whatever tournament you want them to qualify for.

“So I can’t see you taking four years to sacrifice building a structure and you’re going way down with respect to FIFA rankings.

“I believe the election was the answer to the situation we are facing in football because I didn’t think we could go any lower than where we are now.”

The team is now ranked 93rd.

But while Morris praised the ex-boss for the completion of the Home of Football, which he believes was needed, he said it was not enough.

“In 1989, we were in a guest house in St Ann’s, we were down in Forest Reserve and thing, every time we were moving around. So yes, you have the opportunity now that everything is in one spot, which is a plus.

“Hats off to him for putting that part of the puzzle together, but at the same time he was given that mantle to run football, to make sure football was maintained and take us to the highest level. I couldn’t just see us focusing on that (Home of Football) and our football going down and down.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 26, 2019, 02:52:45 AM »
And this is my point. we have members talking about forget gold cup and world cup and let’s rebuild when it’s a football federation and that’s what’s takes first priority playing football, not balancing books. if any of these guys are true lovers of the sport and TT patriots they would take a cut for the sake of country and forgive a huge portion of the debt and allow football to regain its strength.

all this nonsense about forget goldcup and the world cup and focus on rebuilding is pure rubbish, we can do both all at once.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 26, 2019, 05:26:33 AM »
And this is my point. we have members talking about forget gold cup and world cup and let’s rebuild when it’s a football federation and that’s what’s takes first priority playing football, not balancing books. if any of these guys are true lovers of the sport and TT patriots they would take a cut for the sake of country and forgive a huge portion of the debt and allow football to regain its strength.

all this nonsense about forget goldcup and the world cup and focus on rebuilding is pure rubbish, we can do both all at once.

No brodda, no. Cyah support that. Wrong call. With you though on not blowing de whistle on any qualification that is still remotely possible.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 26, 2019, 05:56:15 AM »
God answered my prayers.
By Narissa Fraser (Newsday).

Former Strike Squad captain reacts to TTFA election results…

FORMER Strike Squad captain Clayton Morris says his prayers have been answered, as a new TT Football Association (TTFA) administration takes office.

Secondary Schools Football League president William Wallace dethroned David John-Williams as TTFA president at the association’s elections, on Sunday, at the Home of Football in Balmain, Couva.

Clynt Taylor, Susan Joseph-Warrick and Sam Phillip are now first, second and third vice-presidents, respectively.

In June, Morris called on the public to sign an online petition for John-Williams to step down as president and was very vocal about his displeasure with the administration.

Speaking with Newsday, on Monday afternoon, he said, “It’s really a nice feeling to wake up this morning to breathe that fresh air that there’s a change in the head of the TTFA. It really gives me that satisfaction given the struggle I personally have been through for the past two, three eras.

“As the coach of the national futsal team,a former national player, as a current coach and somebody who on a daily basis gives their life towards the development of young people in TT, I feel really vindicated.”

Morris, along with other staff members and 22 players, won a matter in the High Court against the TTFA last December.

The futsal team filed claims for non-payment of salaries, match fees and per diems for the Concacaf Futsal Championships, which took place in Costa Rica in May 2016. The TTFA was ordered to pay $475,743 plus interest at three per cent per annum and to cover legal fees.

He says there is hope and that he has told to his players that things would get better. He agreed with the line from Wallace’s acceptance speech which said, “The task at hand demands all hands on deck.”

Morris told Newsday, “I am looking forward to that...where everybody could chip in. We really do need all hands on deck to get our football back to where it supposed to be.”

The TTFA has lost three court cases to former employees this year. In September, the association was ordered to pay for­mer tech­ni­cal di­rec­tor Kendal Walkes $5.4 million in compensation for wrongful dismissal. And in November, it was ordered to pay former senior men’s national coach Stephen Hart $5 million for wrongful dismissal, unpaid salaries and bonuses and former TTFA technical director Anton Corneal $3,488,375 for unpaid salaries. These cases, in total, added approximately $14 million to the TTFA’s debt.

Asked if he felt this would be a challenge for the new administration, Morris said, “It is a tall order and it will be a challenge, but I am looking to it with optimism.”

He said he is hopeful the state of football in TT can return to where it once was.

“We have to get back to where we were in 1989 and 2006 when the stadium was filled when everybody was focused on the sport of football.

“We went to the (2006 FIFA) World Cup, everybody felt proud to be a Trinbagonian, so I think we need to go back into those feelings to help us get out of the situation we’re presently in.”

In an exclusive interview with John-Williams on November 14, he asked Newsday, “What do you prefer, financial stability or wins on the pitch?”

Under head coach Dennis Lawrence’s leadership, the senior men’s national team earned six wins, eight draws and 20 losses in 34 matches.

In response to John-Williams’ comment, Morris said, “I could never support that. It’s a football association not a financial institution, and any country’s dream is to get to a World Cup and that all your teams are qualifying for whatever tournament you want them to qualify for.

“So I can’t see you taking four years to sacrifice building a structure and you’re going way down with respect to FIFA rankings.

“I believe the election was the answer to the situation we are facing in football because I didn’t think we could go any lower than where we are now.”

The team is now ranked 93rd.

But while Morris praised the ex-boss for the completion of the Home of Football, which he believes was needed, he said it was not enough.

“In 1989, we were in a guest house in St Ann’s, we were down in Forest Reserve and thing, every time we were moving around. So yes, you have the opportunity now that everything is in one spot, which is a plus.

“Hats off to him for putting that part of the puzzle together, but at the same time he was given that mantle to run football, to make sure football was maintained and take us to the highest level. I couldn’t just see us focusing on that (Home of Football) and our football going down and down.”

Ms. Fraser, the first time you made this mistake I figured it was an error but now it's certainly sloppy journalism. There are enough articles about T&T football's current ranking that should have stimulated your curiosity about the variance between your ranking and the actual figure.

Nevertheless, thanks for presenting the view of Clayton Morris.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 26, 2019, 06:17:15 AM »
Nobody saying throw d games, jus temper expectation and start d effort toward d future...shave off d dead wood and keep on going...there are many players that can be thanked for their service and phased out, there are some that can still serve, but there are deficiencies on d personnel front that can be dealt with along the way. I would rather fix d team and if in doing so we manage get back in contention fine, if not but there is notable improvement in play and results equally fine. Games still hadda play. Step back and rebuild doh mean life stops,we just injecting some pragmatism.
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 26, 2019, 06:51:19 AM »
Everybody talking about rebuilding the national team. All kind of ideas flying left, right and center. The elephant in the room is the pro-league/club football. Seeing that the pro-league is where 90 % of our players originate, the pro-league is the entity that need serious fixing. When was the last time one of our team got past the last 16 in Concacaf club football. When was the last time a TT club won the CFU club championship. Fix the pro-league. If they start to produce competent players, then we will see improvement in the national team performances.

1]; } ?>