21 (38.9%)
Clynt Taylor
1 (1.9%)
David John-Williams
8 (14.8%)
Other
5 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: TTFA Presidency Polls; The countdown to election begins.  (Read 73410 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA Presidency Polls; The countdown to election begins.
« Reply #480 on: November 26, 2019, 08:27:20 AM »
Nobody saying throw d games, jus temper expectation and start d effort toward d future...shave off d dead wood and keep on going...there are many players that can be thanked for their service and phased out, there are some that can still serve, but there are deficiencies on d personnel front that can be dealt with along the way. I would rather fix d team and if in doing so we manage get back in contention fine, if not but there is notable improvement in play and results equally fine. Games still hadda play. Step back and rebuild doh mean life stops,we just injecting some pragmatism.
:thumbsup:
Everybody talking about rebuilding the national team. All kind of ideas flying left, right and center. The elephant in the room is the pro-league/club football. Seeing that the pro-league is where 90 % of our players originate, the pro-league is the entity that need serious fixing. When was the last time one of our team got past the last 16 in Concacaf club football. When was the last time a TT club won the CFU club championship. Fix the pro-league. If they start to produce competent players, then we will see improvement in the national team performances.
:thumbsup:

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 26, 2019, 11:21:22 AM »
With all due respect but this is an absolute mediocre analysis and void of substance which lacks ideas. if that be the case then why not leave dennis lawrence since we have no money and nothing to look forward too. the whole point of the election was to rid us of a problem that was stifling football. the rebuilding you all are talk ing about is structural putting the league back together paying bills creating better youth development etc, but what about football on the field?

we still need to fix our rankings we still need to be competitive and we still need to qualify for the only regional tournament there is, it’s not like the caribbean cup still exist. if we don’t qualify for this gold cup then there’s nothing to look forward too till 2023, is that what you people want?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 26, 2019, 11:46:42 AM »
With all due respect but this is an absolute mediocre analysis and void of substance which lacks ideas. if that be the case then why not leave dennis lawrence since we have no money and nothing to look forward too. the whole point of the election was to rid us of a problem that was stifling football. the rebuilding you all are talk ing about is structural putting the league back together paying bills creating better youth development etc, but what about football on the field?

we still need to fix our rankings we still need to be competitive and we still need to qualify for the only regional tournament there is, it’s not like the caribbean cup still exist. if we don’t qualify for this gold cup then there’s nothing to look forward too till 2023, is that what you people want?

I don't disagree about improving our rankings so that we don't get stagnated in this new FIFA setup. This discussion is leading to a chicken and egg argument. Which came first. I am saying that all the problems that we associate with TT football currently have to be repaired in a simultaneous manner. Can all these different faults be rectified at the same time. That  for me  is still debatable. We need to see the TTFA new plan. Yes, we need to work hard on shoring up our rankings, but we have to improve the product at the club level to get the kind of players we desire to take in the top 4 in the Caribbean and in the Concacaf top 10.

Pull stones, you living in England, it easy for you to look at English system with all the club academies and say we should be like that. But this is TT. Until we get the people with money, and willing to fund at least one decent academy, we eh going very far. Or we will continue to develop players in an 8 to 10 year cycle, instead of the 4 year cycle that is needed to be relevant in current international football.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 26, 2019, 11:52:37 AM »
Some are focused on medium and long-term planning and others are focused on short-term and immediate considerations. The thing is ... football needs all of those timelines addressed simultaneously. The TTFA ought not not have the luxury of preferring one over the other. To ignore the short-term is to ignore the transgressions of the immediate and recent past and to deny the medium to long-term is to deny the structural reforms and policy implementation that are required to advance football. Even in a limited budget environment all timelines require prioritization.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 26, 2019, 01:08:01 PM »
Some are focused on medium and long-term planning and others are focused on short-term and immediate considerations. The thing is ... football needs all of those timelines addressed simultaneously. The TTFA ought not not have the luxury of preferring one over the other. To ignore the short-term is to ignore the transgressions of the immediate and recent past and to deny the medium to long-term is to deny the structural reforms and policy implementation that are required to advance football. Even in a limited budget environment all timelines require prioritization.

fair point seeker, fair point
I pity the fool....

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 26, 2019, 10:54:14 PM »

I don't disagree about improving our rankings so that we don't get stagnated in this new FIFA setup. This discussion is leading to a chicken and egg argument. Which came first. I am saying that all the problems that we associate with TT football currently have to be repaired in a simultaneous manner. Can all these different faults be rectified at the same time. That  for me  is still debatable. We need to see the TTFA new plan. Yes, we need to work hard on shoring up our rankings, but we have to improve the product at the club level to get the kind of players we desire to take in the top 4 in the Caribbean and in the Concacaf top 10.

Pull stones, you living in England, it easy for you to look at English system with all the club academies and say we should be like that. But this is TT. Until we get the people with money, and willing to fund at least one decent academy, we eh going very far. Or we will continue to develop players in an 8 to 10 year cycle, instead of the 4 year cycle that is needed to be relevant in current international football.
i live in New York mate, i left england a few years ago to coach little kids part time in new jersey, but my dream is actually to start an academy in trinidad. I wrote to jack warner a few years ago outlining a comprehensive plan to develop a professional caribbean youth league centered in trinidad and i laid out a plan to petition the government for land and funding for a school for football academy style where they do academics in the morning and football in the after noon. I also tried to liaise with a few caribbean football federations but it all fell through when jack was banned.

all this talk about the pro league and fixing football is all well and good, but it if your boys can’t trap a ball properly or turn on dime or make a clean 40 yard pass or jump and head a ball with direction or run at top speed with a ball glued to your feet without losing control or giving it away or shield a ball from attackers and keep possession like a hungry bad dog with a ham bone, then we’re wasting time with every other aspect.

deeks this thing may seem like rocket science but all you need to make this a reality is money and serious people to come together and work for the cause. we suck at football because trinidadians don’t care enough for nothing more than their own egos. trinis go to the stadium when our team is on the brink of qualification but when we fail to qualify the stadium is basically empty and only the true fans turn up for games.

honduras  costa rica  mexico and panama play their hearts out for their fans only because they know that their fans actually care and are there solely to support them, don’t you know our lads know that they don’t have supporters and the fans are there for their own selfish reasons? well they do, that’s why they don’t put in the extra effort.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 11:09:16 PM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 26, 2019, 11:13:54 PM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :timeout: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :applause:
:thumbsup: :applause: well said.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 28, 2019, 08:28:44 PM »
Now that that's over, Contro we still have some business to attend to:

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2019/11/24/pirates-caribbean-warner-linked-treasure-hunters-seek-regime-change-ttfa/

I think we should subject Paul Nicholson to a letter writing campaign the likes of which he has never witnessed.

Paul seems pro dictator in his article tbh.... or at least so anti warner that even if we suffer we must stick with the dictator... he didn’t clarify his position on whether Ferguson was kosher or not and if that would be a viable path for the future...

The most interesting piece he wrote was our footballs future if the dictator is gone and his friends at fifa like Infantino are upset. To that I say I don’t care what they think, TT football needs to progress and their support of a sell out who’s in the house, debilitated our progress..

Spiteful actions coming, maybe but it’s can’t be worse than what we just went thru for 2 plus years. TT will always be against the current bc we are talented enough to punch above our weight class and be a world beater if we are given a fair chance with the right tool so in place..

That creates headaches for certain nations, that prefer the easy way out as opposed to actually competing fairly

He didn't do that because the article wasn't meant to serve Ferguson's interests or give Ferguson a platform. The article was targeted to where the threat was perceived to come from (United TTFA).

I've been tracking Nicholson's articles. He's been fed meat by a particular person who I will leave nameless.

His headline is inflammatory. Treasure-hunters? Moreover, everyone involved in football during a certain period and tasked with responsibility was "Warner-linked". Who was DJW ... was he someone with no history of Warner? Steups. This election was not a referendum on Jack Warner it was a referendum on DJW and his folly.

The article is a distractor.  Attempt to tarnish/paint one side and cleanse the other and really calls into question Nicholson's credibility and how I will treat the content he writes.

Ah see Lasana has figured it out.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 28, 2019, 11:18:48 PM »

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2019/11/24/pirates-caribbean-warner-linked-treasure-hunters-seek-regime-change-ttfa/

I think we should subject Paul Nicholson to a letter writing campaign the likes of which he has never witnessed.

Paul seems pro dictator in his article tbh.... or at least so anti warner that even if we suffer we must stick with the dictator... he didn’t clarify his position on whether Ferguson was kosher or not and if that would be a viable path for the future...

The most interesting piece he wrote was our footballs future if the dictator is gone and his friends at fifa like Infantino are upset. To that I say I don’t care what they think, TT football needs to progress and their support of a sell out who’s in the house, debilitated our progress..

Spiteful actions coming, maybe but it’s can’t be worse than what we just went thru for 2 plus years. TT will always be against the current bc we are talented enough to punch above our weight class and be a world beater if we are given a fair chance with the right tool so in place..

That creates headaches for certain nations, that prefer the easy way out as opposed to actually competing fairly

He didn't do that because the article wasn't meant to serve Ferguson's interests or give Ferguson a platform. The article was targeted to where the threat was perceived to come from (United TTFA).

I've been tracking Nicholson's articles. He's been fed meat by a particular person who I will leave nameless.

His headline is inflammatory. Treasure-hunters? Moreover, everyone involved in football during a certain period and tasked with responsibility was "Warner-linked". Who was DJW ... was he someone with no history of Warner? Steups. This election was not a referendum on Jack Warner it was a referendum on DJW and his folly.

The article is a distractor.  Attempt to tarnish/paint one side and cleanse the other and really calls into question Nicholson's credibility and how I will treat the content he writes.

Looks like Selby Browne was the source. Still can't understand how he did a 180 like that and joined DJW's team.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 29, 2019, 07:15:25 AM »

Looks like Selby Browne was the source. Still can't understand how he did a 180 like that and joined DJW's team.
simple, he’s an old head trini. these people love power and easy money though they don’t know what to do with power, and even if they did they would never use it to advance the cause us the nation. this is why quite a few caribbean countries have caught up with us in most sports discipline. most of our leaders are crooks who love vanity and the high life and would stop at nothing to have their way in this regard even if it means sinking the whole ship. these selfish greedy unpatriotic people will never stop pimping this country until serious patriotic people put a stop to this nonsense.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 12:55:33 PM by pull stones »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Who's running for TTFA President in 2023?
« Reply #490 on: December 09, 2022, 06:01:18 AM »
So now that the neo colonial NC is coming to an end and TT gets back control of its football. Who is running for President? We hope it's not a stooge for fifa who is controlled by them and will again sabotage our football.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
Re: Who's running for TTFA President in 2023?
« Reply #491 on: December 10, 2022, 09:38:16 AM »
So now that the neo colonial NC is coming to an end and TT gets back control of its football. Who is running for President? We hope it's not a stooge for fifa who is controlled by them and will again sabotage our football.

I hope Ferguson runs and wins

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 13, 2022, 06:52:10 AM »

What will he be delivering?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 13, 2022, 04:02:10 PM »

What will he be delivering?

Hopefully lots of money

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 14, 2022, 05:17:47 AM »
Then Hadad should stay and convert the TTFA into an arm of the family business and a profit-generating venture?

Explain 'hopefully lots of money'.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: December 20, 2022, 11:32:46 AM »
 >:( Another TTFA official leader  who  potentially could  attain personal gain from taking on the noble task of caring for TnT football. Examine all the past presidents and  see who have done teh best and those who have happily retired better off than when they came into the office

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 29, 2023, 01:46:53 AM »
Richard Ferguson is we best option for TTFA President.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 29, 2023, 12:18:05 PM »
None ah dem
 Yuh go tell em we cyar find a competent knowledgeable ethical person to head up the TTFA?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 25, 2024, 08:57:10 AM »
Wharfe needs to resign as CEO, a matter of ethics
T&T Guardian

Dear Editor,

The TTFA election approaches and individuals have declared their intention to challenge for the presidency, including Colin Wharfe (CEO of the FIFA-financed TT Premier League) among them. No slates have been officially nominated under the association’s newly minted constitution at this point, but an issue has arisen around a perceived need (in some quarters) for Wharfe to resign his TTPL post before the election.

Of course, there is no legal requirement for Wharfe to resign. The TTFA constitution does not mandate any such thing. The question does arise, however, whether Wharfe’s publicly declared intention to challenge for the presidency of the FIFA-financed TTFA and his occupation of the top position in the FIFA-financed Premier League, don’t present an ethical conundrum. Why so?

Because the new TTFA constitution, which radically alters the traditional electoral division of power within the football body, has been re-engineered by FIFA to ensure the domination and control of the FIFA-financed Premier League and its member clubs. To be specific, where before the combined voting power of 30-odd Pro League and Super League clubs amounted to 18 votes out of 49—much less than half of all votes—the new TTFA constitution grants 28 votes out of a total of 57 votes to 17 TTPL clubs—a comfortable majority.

TTFA is today FIFA-occupied territory. FIFA finances and controls everything. And the new constitution is part of the legal infrastructure that ensures FIFA’s control over local football. Thus, Wharfe, who has reportedly stated his intention to carry on the work of FIFA’s Normalisation Committee, is a solid bet to win the election. Wharfe is FIFA’s man. And beggars can’t be choosers.

The Premier League clubs will fall in line and do the needful to maintain the flow of FIFA finance into the Premier League and their clubs. Or will they? Will the other serious candidate Kieron Edwards and company fail? We shall see.

There is no legal issue with Wharfe’s actions to date. Ethics is another matter. But ethics don’t enter into any discussion of local politics, in any sphere. Wharfe cannot be required to resign until he is declared TTFA president by the election committee hastily assembled by FIFA’s Normalisation Committee. But, the ethics of campaigning while controlling the financial lifeblood of the league and the clubs that hold the vast majority of votes are appalling. As we see in today’s global geopolitics, occupiers do as they please, and this is the FIFA “rules-based order”.

Keith Look Loy

Arima
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #499 on: February 25, 2024, 01:17:18 PM »
Did anyone get a chance to read Lisana's new article?

He highlights the undemocratic constitutional changes made in the ttfa constitution. The fact that FIFA funds the TTPFL and TTFA oversees it, is a clear indicator of the collusion and control, this is neo colonialism. There is really no other way to define it, Wharfe already said he plans to continue what the NC has left. He runs the TTPFL, meaning he has orders, he will not bite the hand that feeds it.

If they try to change the constitution, FIFA will send the NC again, so in order to control they have rigged it in their favor with the TTPFL having over 60% of the vote for the TTFA presidency.

This is not present in any other federation in the world, only T&T.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 29, 2024, 01:42:58 PM »
Kieron Edwards confirms TTFA presidential slate, Selby Browne, Denis Latiff withdraw
By Roneil Walcott (T&T Newsday)

EASTERN Football Association (EFA) president Kieron Edwards has confirmed his nine-member slate for the April 13 Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) elections.

With February 28 being the deadline day for the potential candidates to officially submit their slate to the TTFA general secretariat, Edwards submitted his slate to the TTFA on Tuesday and also issued a press release that promised a "paradigm shift" in the governance of football in T&T, with a focus on transparency and good governance.

T&T Premier Football League CEO Colin Wharfe made his intentions clear to Newsday to submit his slate before the midnight deadline on February 28. However, he stopped short of revealing the members of his slate.

On the flip side, Southern Football Association (SFA) president Denis Latiff and Veterans Football Foundation of T&T (VFFoTT) president Selby Browne both confirmed their decisions to pull out of the presidential race after expressing a strong desire to steer local football forward in the past few weeks.

The VFFoTT issued a press release on Tuesday confirming Browne's withdrawal from the race, with Latiff ruling himself out of the election running on deadline day after his slate unexpectedly went from nine members to seven before he could make his official submission.

"I'm not going up for the TTFA presidency again," Latiff told Newsday on Wednesday. "A lot of people are not willing to commit.

"I had a slate up until lunchtime today, but two people pulled out. I cannot take that hustling and rushing to (fulfill the slate)."

Latiff said he believes there may be something "sinister" behind the late withdrawal of his slate members.

"I will be a bystander (on April 13). However things are to happen, that's fine with me."

According to a VFFoTT release, Browne met with both Edwards and Latiff on Sunday in an attempt to convince them to tackle the TTFA election with one united slate.

However, by Tuesday, Browne decided to throw in his towel.

"In a final meeting today (Tuesday), the VFFoTT team agreed the VFFoTT slate (led) by Mr Selby Browne, will take no part in the TTFA election 2024," the VFFoTT release said.

Come April 13, though, Edwards will be aiming to ascend to the post of TTFA president when he leads his Team Progressive slate. Edwards' slate includes the trio of Colin Murray (first vice-president), T&T Football Referees Association (TTFRA) president Osmond Downer (second vice-president) and former T&T Super League (TTSL) president Jameson Rigues (third vice-president). Alicia Austin, Andrew Boodhoo, Allan Logan, Ryan Nunes and Shelton Williams will complete Edwards' slate as ordinary members.

With over 200 years of "football acumen" under their belt according to Edwards' release, Team Progressive promises to provide the "perfect mix of people who have the skill, the background, the experience and the years of dedicated service to others in the football fraternity, that will see our football experience a resurgence in excellence."

The release continued, "Team Progressive is committed to implementing sound financial practices. We will work diligently to ensure responsible budgeting, financial transparency, and strategic allocation of resources to support the sustainable development of football at all levels."

With the upcoming TTFA elections likely to be a two-horse race, the next key step will be when the TTFA's general secretariat circulates the official list of candidates to all TTFA members on April 3.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 29, 2024, 03:58:48 PM »
Hope I live to see the day when Yaya Cordner and a majority women slate lead the TTFA into a righteous direction.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 01, 2024, 12:53:53 PM »
I will have to go with edwards  here
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 01, 2024, 08:56:53 PM »
Wharfe announces slate for football election
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

Chief executive officer of the T&T Premier Football League (TTPFL), Colin Wharfe, on Thursday introduced a team of individuals he believes will be capable of managing the affairs of T&T football, post the FIFA-installed Normalisation Committee.

It comes ideally on the heels of the exits of Selby Browne and Dennis Latiff, two candidates considered to be heavyweights ahead of the T&T Football Association (TTFA) elections set for April 13.

Apart from Wharfe, who will be contesting the position of president, Colonel Keston Charles will be up for the first vice president position while Renee John-Williams, the daughter of former president David John-Williams, who passed away in 2022, will go up for the role of second vice president.

Yesterday, Renee said as someone who has garnered over 15 years in local football, she believes she has something to offer to the local football landscape.

“I also believe in the vision that Mr Wharfe has for T&T football. I think he has a very strong slate with various backgrounds and competencies,” she said.

Huey Cadette, a development specialist with expertise in working with people and communities, strategic planning and change management, team building, leadership, and public speaking, will contest the position of third vice president while Richard Mason, an Attorney at Law who is the Legal Advisor for the TTPFL, is one of five ordinary members.

The others are Riaz Ali, a professional accountant, Colm De Freitas, the Director of City FC which is the junior team for the Queen’s Park football club, former T&T Super League president Lee Davis, and Makan Hislop, a former national player.

Wharfe, considered the overwhelming choice for the position of president, will be anything but sure with Kieron Edwards also being a powerful choice among the options.

On Tuesday, Browne pulled out of the election race saying: “As the leader of my slate, based on our ten-vote support base, I sought to encourage both Denis Latiff and Kieron Edwards to join to have one slate to compete. This would require placing egos aside in the best interest of an assured victory.

“Both confirmed they would compete independently and the members of our slate which included two representatives from Tobago, a retired bank manager and an academy owner, all agreed to stand down. Our ten-vote support block has been advised and shall play the key role in determining who we will endorse and support to make the next Executive of the TTFA.”

Full team

Colin Wharfe - President

Colonel Keston Charles – First vice president

Renee John-Williams – Second vice president

Huey Cadette – Third vice president

Colm De Freitas – Ordinary member

Richard Mason – Ordinary member

Lee Davis – Ordinary member

Riaz Ali – Ordinary member

Makan Hislop – Ordinary member

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #504 on: March 03, 2024, 01:06:07 PM »
Colin Wharfe vs Kieron Edwards: TTFA presidency a two-horse race.
By Jonathan Ramnanansingh (T&T Newsday).

THE next president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association will be either TT Premier Football League CEO Colin Wharfe or Eastern Football Association president Kieron Edwards.

This was confirmed on Thursday as both administrators were the only presidential candidates to present slates to the normalisation committee, before Wednesday’s midnight deadline.

Wharfe confirmed his candidacy on deadline day and made public his fellow candidatures on Thursday. The TTFA elections will be held on April 13.

Joining him in the race for the vacant executive positions are T&T Defence Force Colonel Keston Charles (first vice-president), Renee John-Williams (second vice-president), Huey Cadette (third vice-president), Colm De Freitas, Richard Mason, Lee Davis, Riaz Ali and Makan Hislop (all ordinary members).

John-Williams is the daughter of late former TTFA president David John-Williams and a W Connection director, who took a one-year sabbatical from the ongoing 2023/24 season. Cadette is a TT Super League (TTSL) and Tobago Football Association board member and manager of TTPFL tier one club 1976 FC Phoenix.

Additionally, Davis is TTSL president and tier one Prison Service manager while Mason is on the TTPFL executive committee. Hislop is a former T&T footballer and De Freitas heads City FC (formerly QPCC Football Academy).

Wharfe’s announcement said that leading up to his candidacy, he held “intense discussions, with the objective of bringing together a quality team to run the affairs of T&T football.”

It read, “This team has been diligently put together to cover the key areas necessary to achieve what we all desire, that is, progress for football.”

On Tuesday, Edwards confirmed a nine-member slate, entitled Team Progressive, to contest the elections.

Edwards will be gunning for the presidential post alongside Colin Murray (first vice-president), TT Football Referees Association (TTFRA) president Osmond Downer (second vice-president) and former TTSL president Jameson Rigues (third vice-president).

Alicia Austin, Andrew Boodhoo, Allan Logan, Ryan Nunes and Shelton Williams will complete Edwards’ slate as ordinary members.

Before the deadline, Southern Football Association (SFA) president Denis Latiff and Veterans Football Foundation of TT (VFFoTT) president Selby Browne pulled out of the presidential race.

The normalisation committee, in its capacity as the electoral committee, will appoint independent people to oversee the election process.

In accordance with the new TTFA statutes, the 12 TTPFL tier one clubs that contested in its inaugural season, along with last season’s top six TTPFL tier two clubs – excluding Police FC – will all be afforded two votes in the elections.

Each of the six regional associations and the TT Women’s League Football also have two votes.

The remaining associations such as beach soccer, coaches, futsal, referees, Primary Schools Football League, Secondary Schools Football League and the VFFoTT all have one vote each.

In March 2020, the Bureau of the FIFA Council removed the then William Wallace-led TTFA executive and appointed a normalisation committee after they found extremely low overall financial management methods, combined with massive debt and a very real risk of insolvency and illiquidity.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #505 on: March 04, 2024, 10:09:24 PM »
Wharfe will win and if he doesn't win and Edwards tries to progress or make changes for the betterment of TT football, the NC will be back in charge...

They might even be back if he tries to fire Eve...

watch the ride, Wharfe is a puppet

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #506 on: March 04, 2024, 10:15:10 PM »
The fact that Wharfe has brought on "The Dictator's" daughter in his slate, is a clear indicator they will be controlled and corruption will be rampant...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 05, 2024, 05:09:54 AM »
Candidate Edwards quits Rangers post
T&T Express

Eastern Football Association president Kieron Edwards has resigned as assistant manager at Terminix La Horquetta Rangers Football Club, effective immediately, as he bids to become president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association.

“The reason for my resignation stems from my intention to vie for the position of president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA).

“I believe that stepping down from my current role is a necessary step to pursue this new challenge with the utmost integrity and ethical consideration’” Edwards stated via a media release last night.

“It is important to me that my candidacy for the presidency is not perceived as a conflict of interest, as I would be seeking to meet with different clubs within the TTPFL to gather support and it would be unethical to compete with these said clubs during the league.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 05, 2024, 10:58:24 AM »
TTFA presidential candidate Kieron Edwards resigns as Rangers’ assistant manager
By Roneil Walcott (T&T Newsday)

Less than a week after officially submitting his nine-member slate for the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association's (TTFA) elections on April 13, presidential candidate Kieron Edwards has resigned from his assistant manager post at T&T Premier Football League (TTPFL) club Terminix La Horquetta Rangers on the basis of "fair play and ethics."

On February 27, Edwards, who serves as the Eastern Football Association (EFA) president, confirmed his TTFA presidential candidacy with the body's general secretariat a day before the February 28 deadline. For the upcoming elections, Edwards' nine-member slate will include the trio of Colin Murray (first vice-president), T&T Football Referees Association (TTFRA) president Osmond Downer (second vice-president) and former TT Super League (TTSL) president Jameson Rigues (third vice-president).

Edwards will battle TTPFL CEO Colin Wharfe, the only other presidential candidate, for the TTFA's top post in just over five weeks.

On Saturday, Edwards penned a letter to TTFA general secretary Amiel Mohammed to confirm his resignation from the La Horquetta club.

"I am writing to formally inform you of my resignation from my position as assistant manager at Terminix La Horquetta Rangers Football Club, effective immediately," Edwards said.

"The reason for my resignation stems from my intention to vie for the position of president of the TTFA. I believe stepping down from my current role is a necessary step to pursue this new challenge with the utmost integrity and ethical consideration.

"It is important to me that my candidacy for the presidency is not perceived as a conflict of interest as I would be seeking to meet with different clubs within the TTPFL to gather support."

The EFA president said it would be unethical for him to stay in competition with the TTPFL clubs.

Edwards vowed to establish a precedent of "culture of transparency and integrity" among clubs and officials within the TTPFL.

"My decision to resign is also a demonstration of my dedication to fair play and ethics, qualities I believe are essential for anyone aspiring to lead our national football association," Edwards said.

In accordance with the new TTFA statutes, 18 TTPFL clubs will have two votes each at the election, to go along with each of the six regional associations and the T&T Women’s League Football.

The remaining associations such as beach soccer, coaches, futsal, referees, Primary Schools Football League, Secondary Schools Football League and the VFFoTT all have one vote each.

"I am deeply committed to the development and success of football in T&T. It is my firm belief that by aspiring to the role of TTFA president, I can contribute more significantly to our beloved sport at a national level," Edwards said.

Now that he has stepped down from his role at Rangers, Edwards will put his focus on trying to lead his Team Progressive slate past Wharfe's nine-member slate on April 13.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 06, 2024, 04:21:30 PM »
Two fight to be one in football
By Andre Baptiste (T&T Guardian)

The stage has been set!

Battle lines have been drawn in the sand or should I say on the football fields?

The answer is no, this is not about football on the field of play with 22 footballers giving their all, despite on some occasions the best intentions of some officials (Referees, Assistant Referees and VAR officials) to do otherwise.

As April 13 draws near, there are many who have openly stated their fear that we are heading for a 'Black Saturday' no matter the result of this two-slate battle. And the reality is, that is what it is, because it is a pity that everyone could not work together in the best interest of sports and have one slate because this is not politics. right?

No, no, wrong, it is and sadly therein lies my fear that we are finding ourselves entangled in football politics, very similar to the red and yellow politics that many bemoan openly but support quietly.

There is already a strong belief that one group is heavily favoured by the opposition and may not receive government support if they win, which must not be tolerated if true.

On the other side, we are being told, that this slate is being touted as a FIFA team and unless they win, FIFA will take their promises and rewards away, again this must never be a consideration in voting.

So, who can we trust?

We can start by trusting ourselves and asking pertinent questions, such as: "How did T&T’s football reach here in the first place? What can be done to avoid that re occurrence and who should we endorse to achieve such?

For me, it is simple, not complex, amidst all the chest puffing by some on either side, we (the people of T&T) have not heard enough on strategy, a short-term plan, a roadmap for the future and perhaps the reason is simple. There are only 57 votes available so to many, it is possible the people of T&T do not matter.

However, unless these myopic souls forget, football belongs to the people of the country and if we are forgotten and ostracised, football will not grow in the schools (both primary and secondary) and also in the communities, ultimately leading to no progress, no matter who wins.

That is why we must demand to hear the leaders speak on their plans and methods for the execution of such. We also need to temper the rhetoric coming from one side more than the other and hope that the greater interest of football is fought out fairly.

If what we have been told by well-informed sources then, there may have been betrayals along the way in terms of promises made by one group or person to another. Or maybe it was naively by one veteran to another believing that one man’s word was his bond.

Those 57 votes and those empowered with such power must seek to use it intelligently and not allow personal preferences to rule good sense or money to rule integrity or favour to rule transparency.

As the data continues to suggest that it will be closer than many expected and last-minute conscious votes may override all in the end, there must be a temptation to be wary for the next 3-6 months under a new ruler given our history.

As I peruse the list of contestants in the raging war ahead, there are some I would stay far away from even if I was given a free pass and I believe those involved in football are quite aware of the machinations of these. Naturally, a person can change his coat and appearance but not their character or history. There is a clear and present danger with some who have challenged before for positions and failed or pulled out because they could not satisfy.

So, we need to hear from Messrs Colin Wharfe and Kieron Edwards about their intentions and then we can judge them sincerely for ourselves and it both cases it may assist in clearing any doubts in one or other. Of course, if both or either one is afraid to face scrutiny before April 13, then that should be a massive warning sign, which I am certain all concerned, footballers, stakeholder’s public, corporate T&T and government can decide accordingly.

Football cannot afford another period of turmoil but instead, we need unity and teamwork to succeed against the growing number of opponents our teams will need going forward.

So here are my questions to both men on their prospective slates and the way ahead:

1 - What did you promise to your individual members on your slate? (a question which may very well define how their time in office will perform in the interest of football rather than a group or club)

2 - If you lose, will you say to the media that you are willing to work with the winning team but in reality, walk away with your team and seek to undermine them?

3 - Where is the finance for your campaign coming from, your pocket or that of others (unknown)?

4 - What are your plans for Men’s and Women’s football and why should people trust you?

There are probably a lot more questions that need honest answers, not a bunch of platitudes from persons seeking votes.

It will be interesting to observe some of what lies ahead, with many already foreseeing a number of dirty tactics being employed by some connected to one group or another. One has to have faith in the electorate on the day and those in control of such on the said committee, but that does not say, that we should not in advance question and ensure as best as possible all votes are properly counted.

According to the Revised Constitution, The Congress (those who can vote) is composed as follows:

a - for each licensed club in the T&T Premier Football League Tier 1 for a maximum of twelve (12) clubs: two votes per club represented by one delegate. If the number of licenced clubs in the T&T Premier Football League Tier 1 is more than twelve (12), the top twelve (12) in the standings of the T&T Premier Football League Tier 1 at the end of the most recent T&T Premier Football League season will participate in the Congress with voting rights as per this paragraph

b - for each licensed club that finished in the top six (6) in the standings of the T&T Premier Football League Tier 2 at the end of the most recent T&T Premier Football League season: two votes per club represented by one delegate. However, a club cannot vote in both Tier 1 and Tier 2. Therefore, if this applies the next Tier2 licenced club in the standings will be entitled to vote.

c - for each regional association: two votes per regional association represented by one delegate;

d - for the Beach Soccer Association of T&T: one vote, one delegate;

e - for the Futsal Association of T&T: one vote, one delegate;

f - for the Trinidad and Tobago Football Referees Association: one vote, one delegate;

g - for the Unified Football Coaches Association of T&T: one vote, one delegate;

h - for T&T Women's League Football: two votes represented by one delegate;

i - for Secondary Schools Football League: one vote, one delegate;

j - for Primary Schools Football League: one vote, one delegate;

k - for the Veteran Footballers Foundation of T&T: one vote, one delegate.

My other concern is as follows, if there is not an attendance of 57, but an even number such as 56 or 54 and there is a tie, what is next?

According to the revised Constitution, this is the answer for many in doubt:

- In case of a tied vote in the elections of the Executive Committee, two new ballots shall be conducted in accordance with the procedure set forth in this article. If the tied vote remains, the relevant position shall remain vacant until a new elective Congress convenes to proceed with new elections according to these Statutes. In the case of a tied vote in the elections, a second round of voting shall be conducted in accordance with the procedure set forth in this article. In case the third round concludes with a tie as well, the list will be designated by a draw of lots conducted by the chairperson of the Electoral Committee.

So let us observe and wish the best from all both in voting and in ideas for our football, particularly, on the field ideas for men and women at all levels.

1]; } ?>