April 24, 2024, 06:38:35 PM

Author Topic: Warriors held to a goalless draw by Nicaragua  (Read 4394 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warriors held to a goalless draw by Nicaragua
« on: October 14, 2015, 12:40:15 PM »
Warriors held to a goalless draw by Nicaragua
By Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian)

This country’s Soca Warriors were held to a dull 0-0 by visiting Nicaragua in their final friendly encounter before kicking off its 2018 Concacaf Semifinal Round World Cup Group C qualifying campaign away to Guatemala on November 13, before returning home for clash with USA on November 17.

Coming off a hard fought, 2-1 away win over Panama on Thursday, coach Stephen Hart was hoping his 55th world ranked Soca Warriors stamp their authority on the Central Americans, ranked 95th, and early it looked that way as T&T pressed for a quick opener.

As early as the third minute, the Nicaraguans came under pressure with Keron Cummings left sided centre, first falling to Khaleem Hyland and then Trevin Caesar, inside the 18-yard box.

However, on each occasion, the T&T players failed to connect cleanly, letting the Central Americans off the hook, with the ball eventually being scrambled away for a corner.

Three minutes later, Joevin Jones had another effort on goal for T&T, this time from a 25-yard free-kick, but his shot just missed the first post with Collado, scrambling to get across in time.

In the 17th minute, Panama captain Juan Perez had his team’s first attempt, chesting down a ball between Daneil Cyrus and Yohance Marshall, before volleying overbar.

Three minutes later, captain Jones raced into the box behind a Cummings through pass, but Nicaraguan defender Manuel Arreola was alert to the play and cut out the pass as both players fell to the turf, and despite appeals from the T&T striker for a penalty, none came from Tobago referee Keon Yorke.

As time went on, Nicaragua grew into the match with Elvis Figueroa curling a right footed attempt just wide of a desperate dive from T&T goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams.

Eight minutes into the second-half Cummings whipped in a corner but it just missed the towering figure of Sheldon Bateau with the Central American defence all at sea.

T&T enjoyed the better start to the second-half and in the 59th minute Caesar squared to Cummings, but the  effort was slammed into the body of his captain.

Three minutes later, Cummings had time and space to go forward but shot low and hard, only for Collado to save.

Debutant Aikim Andrews had a late effort on goal for T&T, but it was deflected wide of the target.

With the seconds running down, Joevin Jones and Andrews then had surging runs which brought the dormant crowd to life, but their final deliveries were not on target.

Andrews had one last twist deep into time added on, but his final shot was high and wide of the target to the dismay of his team-mates and the crowd.

Results

Trinidad and Tobago  0  v  Nicaragua  0

Teams

Trinidad and Tobago: 21.Jan-Michael Williams; 23.Daneil Cyrus, 18.Yohance Marshall (6.Radanfah Abu Bakr 57th), 4.Sheldon Bateau, 2.Aubrey David (17.Mekeil Williams 68th); 19.Kevan George, 8.Khaleem Hyland; 11.Trevin Caesar (13.Aikim Andrews 78th), 20.Keron Cummings (14.Andre Boucaud 67th), 3.Joevin Jones; 9.Kenwyne Jones (capt) (7.Jonathan Glenn 73rd).

Unused substitutes: 1.Marvin Phillip (GK), 10.Willis Plaza, 15.Neveal Hackshaw.

Coach: Stephen Hart.

Nicaragua: 1.Justo Lorente; 2.Joseue Quijana, 4.Oscar Lopez, 6.Luis Copete (20.Axel Silva 81st), 3.Manuel Rosas; 5.Luis Peralta, 8.Marlon Lopez (14.Jason Coronel 86th); 7.Carlos Chavarria (15.Carlos Membreno 90th), 11.Juan Barrera (capt), 10.Elvis Figueroa (13.Bryan Garcia 68th); 9.Raul Legias (18.Eulises Pavon 77th).

Unused substitutes: 12.Diedrich Tellez (GK), 16.Daniel Reyes, 17.Erick Javier, 19.Jessie Lopez.

Coach: Henry Duarte.

Referee: Keon Yorke.

Venue:  Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Attendance: 5,500.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 03:18:54 PM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors held to a goalless draw by Nicaragua
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 01:52:53 PM »
WATCH: Press conference with Coach Stephen Hart following Trinidad and Tobago’s 0-0 draw with Nicaragua
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ifAti7vHPKc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ifAti7vHPKc</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 04:04:07 PM »
WATCH: Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago’s goalless draw with Nicaragua
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zDZEw4CLl4U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zDZEw4CLl4U</a>

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 04:36:37 PM »
Football dead in Trini or something? We have such a great team yet this is the support in home games? I don't understand seriously because back when I use to live there in 2006 the warriors had HUGE support.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 05:36:59 PM »
Football dead in Trini or something? We have such a great team yet this is the support in home games? I don't understand seriously because back when I use to live there in 2006 the warriors had HUGE support.

That's because of the euphoria over qualifying for the World Cup.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 05:44:15 PM »
it's amazing during election time parties mobilize thousands, free bus ride an fill savannah stadium, is it to much to ask, rather than a 3/4 empty stadium??

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 07:32:06 PM »
Touches ent do that beat Marshall collect justice.

The man spread out and cyat spraddle on the track yes. Wayyyy
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 10:28:28 PM »
I didn't see this match ..however from this highlight film Trinidad and Tobago playin  good football...on a good day the result would have been 5-0..

This is friendly...de coachman trying to get his team to play more consistent...I saw penetrationnn...like dat..

Good stuff Hart PENETRATION...inside de box... and de goals will come from set play and open play...

get some practice against some weaker opponents ...it would iron out a lot of kinks..

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 09:23:18 AM »
I didn't see this match ..however from this highlight film Trinidad and Tobago playin  good football...on a good day the result would have been 5-0..

This is friendly...de coachman trying to get his team to play more consistent...I saw penetrationnn...like dat..

Good stuff Hart PENETRATION...inside de box... and de goals will come from set play and open play...

get some practice against some weaker opponents ...it would iron out a lot of kinks..

Fully aggree

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2015, 08:20:08 PM »
WATCH: Fans have their say in the Trini Warrior Fan Zone at the recent International Friendly between Trinidad and Tobago and Nicaragua

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2015, 08:48:04 PM »
Oh la lay , best post game coverage ever for a red steel game .The  game footage was top class should have taped the entire thing and done .Excellent job fellas.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2015, 09:42:20 PM »
That video was entertaining, it was good hearing the different perspectives from the local fans and the subtitles had me rolling  :rotfl:

Well done Warrior Nation :beermug:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2015, 02:59:54 AM »
Very, very well done. Reflects a diverse mix of fans, yet the opinions seem consistent. Definitely a production to be built on. Kudos to Dinho and de ress. :beermug:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2015, 06:20:37 AM »
Well done Dhino.

Should have de SWO logo there to.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2015, 06:48:52 AM »
very well done!!  and i hope we get bless with more of these in the future.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 06:52:06 AM by kounty »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2015, 06:55:22 AM »
Love it :rotfl:  We want more, we want more.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2016, 11:26:45 AM »
Comparing ??

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2016, 12:49:13 PM »
No comparison.. one scenario is Hart was not supported and undermined with no local camps and being sabotaged...

The other is two meaningless friendlies with a team already out of the World Cup, Nic was still trying to qualify for the wcq when Hart faced them with the dictator now taking charge....

Like I said, Nic is not Mexico nor panama, don't be fooled by that, we've never lost to them before, SANTHIEF was given more prep in two games that are not of great importance..

I'm happy they won but it doesn't mean anything in perspective..

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2016, 02:00:43 PM »
No comparison.. one scenario is Hart was not supported and undermined with no local camps and being sabotaged...

The other is two meaningless friendlies with a team already out of the World Cup, Nic was still trying to qualify for the wcq when Hart faced them with the dictator now taking charge....

Like I said, Nic is not Mexico nor panama, don't be fooled by that, we've never lost to them before, SANTHIEF was given more prep in two games that are not of great importance..

I'm happy they won but it doesn't mean anything in perspective..

Hart got a local camp to go play in Grenada and had a local team play Peru, Uruguay and China.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2016, 02:26:37 PM »
Hart got a local camp to go play in Grenada and had a local team play Peru, Uruguay and China.

Play fair nah man. Peru is a Top 20 squad. Uruguay is a Top 10 squad. China is no Nicaragua. Lehwe be serious.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2016, 03:02:55 PM »
and what no one is saying or willing to admit to is that the team looked disorganized ...had difficulty connecting passes...have issues with defending in transition .....clearly the terrorist has imposed his style but yahhhhhh we win ....guess that is all that matters till the next game

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2016, 03:26:55 PM »
and what no one is saying or willing to admit to is that the team looked disorganized ...had difficulty connecting passes...have issues with defending in transition .....clearly the terrorist has imposed his style but yahhhhhh we win ....guess that is all that matters till the next game

arhm I saw it......but ah takin d good with d shit......think we are allowing our distaste with the situation to affect our judgement......is almost like willin failure on d team to prove ah point....ah know because I was feedin d same vibe myself......tink we should rest dat lil bit........refuse to wallow in my team downfall or wish failure to stroke my ego.....Hart doh want dat either, by his own words
I pity the fool....

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2016, 03:36:12 PM »

arhm I saw it......but ah takin d good with d shit......think we are allowing our distaste with the situation to affect our judgement......is almost like willin failure on d team to prove ah point....ah know because I was feedin d same vibe myself......tink we should rest dat lil bit........refuse to wallow in my team downfall or wish failure to stroke my ego.....Hart doh want dat either, by his own words

this eh about Hart it's about professionalism..... we can't take 3 steps backwards and then one forward and call that progress..

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2016, 04:07:38 PM »

this eh about Hart it's about professionalism..... we can't take 3 steps backwards and then one forward and call that progress..

not sayin dat jus find we misdirectin we feelins lil bit
I pity the fool....

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2016, 05:01:14 PM »

Play fair nah man. Peru is a Top 20 squad. Uruguay is a Top 10 squad. China is no Nicaragua. Lehwe be serious.

Not talking about the result bro, just pointing out he got his chance as well with a local team and camp because Contro said he didn't. I didn't expect him to win or even Tom for that matter.

What about the Grenada result?

And I am not hurry to sing praises to Tom either, as he hasn't accomplished anything as yet.

Just happy he doing well with a mainly local team.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 05:04:59 PM by Errol »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2016, 05:21:45 PM »

Not talking about the result bro, just pointing out he got his chance as well with a local team and camp because Contro said he didn't. I didn't expect him to win or even Tom for that matter.

What about the Grenada result?

And I am not hurry to sing praises to Tom either, as he hasn't accomplished anything as yet.

Just happy he doing well with a mainly local team.

How much prep did Hart get to play teams like Uruguay and Peru?

Fly to china and have limited time to recover from jet lag and go and play a team on their home turf with a B team at that..

Some of allyuh men is fools yes..

The dictator did that to develop a losing record for Hart and cap his players, he set him up and allyuh men talking about some disorganized unattractive football that result in a win that should have happened anyway..

Give me a friggin break..

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2017, 01:01:13 AM »
I'm not surprised by the result any school boy coach from Europe or South America is better than any Trinidadian coach anytime of the day Vanes proved that all the time the game against Haiti will tell a lot of people if he is up for the task or not.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2017, 02:46:24 AM »
I'm not surprised by the result any school boy coach from Europe or South America is better than any Trinidadian coach anytime of the day Vanes proved that all the time the game against Haiti will tell a lot of people if he is up for the task or not.
im surprised to hear that from your lips jamal especially when you riled about otto pfister's hiring when you set out to prove that a local coach should have gotten the job. one of your biggest boast was to set out to beat him, and that you did consequently kicking us out of the hexogonal. now five years later and you are claiming that any ole euro coach is better than a local? that i disagree with.

by the way steven hart could hardly be classed as a local coach because his skill set was not achieved and developed in trinidad but rather in north america, so as far as im concerned steven hart was also a foreign coach.

coach hart in my opinion lost his last five games simply because he fell on a bit of bad luck losing key players to very important games where he didn't have kenwin, cummings and bateau for the haiti game, he also lost kenwin and molino for the martinique game, and you guys are going to lose to haiti again if you intend to go without key players like jan and the carenage crew for this local bunch.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2017, 05:17:14 AM »
My Youth instead of bumping your gums
You should go loose some weight
Set an example....
Watching you on the side line is disgusting
By the way take the doctor with you
Both of you need to spend some time in the gym
Much excuse you two do not have...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2017, 12:55:03 PM »

Other than committing high treason and lying and manipulating to get rid of Hart, what have you ever achieved? Care to share where you were educated?

Because right now you are sounding even duncier with your insecure comments, i sense a bit of jealousy and also an inferiority complex Jamal..

The best thing for locals of your ilk is for ex pats like Hart to stay away or gotten rid of because they make you and rest look like idiots..

1]; } ?>