March 28, 2024, 02:50:49 AM

Author Topic: My ratings vs Guatemala, Friday de 13th  (Read 1899 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
My ratings vs Guatemala, Friday de 13th
« on: November 14, 2015, 09:19:32 AM »
Jan-Michael Williams - Man of de match for me, but he better stop hesitating when is time to clear de ball and he have to work on his clearances.

Daneil Cyrus - A f00cking bison, he doh give up at all,,, even when he get beat, but, he dose wait lil to long sometimes to close down he man and does forget he position sometimes, other than that he solid.

Radanfah Abu Bakr - Man look lost on de field, ole man Ruiz run rings around him.

Sheldon Bateau - We best out of we back four, what a player he turning out to be.

Mekeil Williams - Had a boss game and ah see he working on his passing and clearances and not making some dotish decision, good going forward.

Khaleem Hyland - A Ya Ya Toure goal, Ya Ya in they ass, nice game. Take yuh chances T&T !!!!!!!

Andre Boucaud - Top top player, play it simple and smart, very compose and good decisions.

Lester Peltier  - Show real fight but did not use his talent going forward. He try and help.

Keron Cummings - Good idea to shoot when he had de chance but it was just off target, had an off game. Hart made a BOSS sub, bringing on George, it made the team play better and more relax, a very important player.

Joevin Jones - Played quiet, but when he ready to attack, things does happen, de man have a million dollar left foot. Cummings one cost 2 million.

Kenwyne Jones - Just played careful because of his last injury, glad Hart took him off, we need him for USA, de black beast score a f00cking classic one touch.

Willis Plaza weak and Cato didn't get much into it, I thought he woulda start instead of Peltier.

Hart - Is a foocking genius. He had the team play to kill off Guatemala plays and took his chances, de players (some) just fail on certain things especially we defence, and he made the perfect subs.

VS USA go be interesting, USA look shittie vs St Vincent, but when they score they start to build confidence and play better because St Vincent just shittier,,,,,  I think Jermaine Jones pulled up, Zardes is a shit hong with speed, Morris, Fabian Johnson, Cameron and Altidore look decent, this you Bobby Wood go be a problem, he and Altidore will be hard to mark, Klim-man have Zardes as a roaming midfield, like how Hart does have Cummings.

My 11 for USA

Jan
Mikeil
Bateau
Mitchell
Cyrus
Joevin
Boucaud
Hyland
Cato
Cummings
Jones

« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 09:24:17 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: My ratings vs Guatemala, Friday de 13th
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 10:15:59 AM »
Good analysis Sam. Here is mine:

Jan- 9/10 Jan is improving a lot. Still needs to work on a few things. Imagine if he can get into the MLS..

Bateau 9/10 - Very very complete player. Great acumen.
Cyrus 7-7.5/10 - Needs to settle a bit more. Sometimes gets a little lost. I think he might have been better as a CB against Guatemala
Williams 8.5/10 - Made great decisions. Looked very composed. I guess it has to do with him playing club football in Guatemala.
Abu Bakr- 7/10 - Did not make any major mistakes. But struggled a bit.

Jones - 9/10 - would have given him an 8.5 if he did not make an assist
Hyland 9/10 - He is playing regularly at his club. Now its starting to show on the national team
Boucaud 9/10 - very composed brother. Good with picking up the scraps.
Peltier 7/10 - I know he is very talented. But he seems to be struggling a lot.
Cummings 7/10 - Very quiet.

K-9 Jones 8.5-9/10 - Took it easy. But still came out. People saying he is the best Striker in Concacaf.. I see why they say that.

George- 8.5/10 - Good sub. He held down the middle and allowed Hyland to move up with the ball
Cato - 7/10 - Quiet. I want to see him let go on a defender. This man has wheels.
Plaza 7/10 - did not really get the time to prove himself

Cant forget
Hart 10/10 - this man is a genius. I dont know what he told the team at half time. Whatever he said, IT WORKED.

After last years Caribbean cup, Hart said that our boys are not playing regularly at the club level and the national team hasnt had much games.. He knew that once that happened, we will have a top team. Sure enough, he was right. 

« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 10:19:50 AM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 04:34:47 AM »
From Bigsoccer on USA

Guzan n/a - Had nothing to do, just the best seat in the house. The first goal was on his defenders.

Cameron - did ok after the initial blunder, scored, and looked like a guy who can do more against stronger rivals. A
Besler - another guy with little to do, so he went ahead and tried feeding balls directly to the forwards. A

Yedlin - he's a runner with defensive weaknesses, everybody knows that. A good guy to have against CONCACAF-level opposition, though. B
Ream - solid, but don't expect consistent width from him, after all he plays LCB not LB for his club. B+

Jones - guy's getting to that age where a footballer talks of retirement, and answers questions about his past glories. B-
Bradley - he knows how to punish minnows, at least he's not lost that. B

Fabian - this is a guy who has been inconsistent in midfield, and has been taken out of games by better rivals. But against the Vincies, he shone. A+
Zardes - he needs to look up before passing, sometimes he seemed over-eager to prove himself. Poor kid. B

Bobby - he's got the X factor these days, and looks eager to score. Eye of the tiger, until a superior team shows us his limits. A-
Jozy - the big problem with him is, besides the bad positioning in attack, that he looks like a guy taking a stroll by the beach on a nice spring day. Two goals, one assist, and no one loves him. A

Subs:

Miazga - meh. B
Nagbe - he was just so happy to be there. B-
Morris - thinking about his finals. C

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 06:45:30 AM »
Thanks for all the analysis. Our guys have to come with their A game. All the analysis that US down and Klinmman job on the line don't mean a thing as far as I am concern. The record shows that the US has dominated these encounters. So Warriors bring your A game to the HCS, and win by all means necessary.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 06:56:49 AM »

Jan- 9/10 Jan is improving a lot. Still needs to work on a few things. Imagine if he can get into the MLS..

Cyrus 7-7.5/10 - Needs to settle a bit more. Sometimes gets a little lost. I think he might have been better as a CB against Guatemala
Williams 8.5/10 - Made great decisions. Looked very composed. I guess it has to do with him playing club football in Guatemala.

Hyland 9/10 - He is playing regularly at his club. Now its starting to show on the national team

K-9 Jones 8.5-9/10 - Took it easy. But still came out. People saying he is the best Striker in Concacaf.. I see why they say that.

George- 8.5/10 - Good sub. He held down the middle and allowed Hyland to move up with the ball
Cato - 7/10 - Quiet. I want to see him let go on a defender. This man has wheels.

Cant forget
Hart 10/10 - this man is a genius. I dont know what he told the team at half time. Whatever he said, IT WORKED.

After last years Caribbean cup, Hart said that our boys are not playing regularly at the club level and the national team hasnt had much games.. He knew that once that happened, we will have a top team. Sure enough, he was right. 

Don't u think these ratings are a bit high?? 8.5 and 9s.... Let's be a bit realistic plz. Great result but a lot of the performances lacked a bit at times  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 07:32:41 AM »
Individual play was good but we didn't perform well as a team.

Hopefully, we played our bad game and the rest will be good, every team have one bad game, that was ours.

We can't underestimate this US team, ah just hope Abu Bakr don't play, they have some young runners.

Kenwyne needs to calm his teammates down and rally them like how Jan does do it.

De US will double team Jones but de good thing about T&T right now we have goalscorers from midfield.

Cameron play with Jones at Stoke, so he knows him well, he and Johnson will double team him

Beckerman and Jermaine is a slow but Jermaine is still very decent.

Altidore is hard to mark and Wood plays inside the box very well.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 09:06:51 AM »

Cant forget

Don't u think these ratings are a bit high?? 8.5 and 9s.... Let's be a bit realistic plz. Great result but a lot of the performances lacked a bit at times  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Yeah Chelsea. In retrospect, I did embellish the ratings. I did take into consideration the hostile environment and the fact we did not make many MAJOR mistakes under the circumstances.. I say take the ratings down about .5 to be more realistic. cheers

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 09:13:30 AM »
Individual play was good but we didn't perform well as a team.

Hopefully, we played our bad game and the rest will be good, every team have one bad game, that was ours.

We can't underestimate this US team, ah just hope Abu Bakr don't play, they have some young runners.

Kenwyne needs to calm his teammates down and rally them like how Jan does do it.

De US will double team Jones but de good thing about T&T right now we have goalscorers from midfield.

Cameron play with Jones at Stoke, so he knows him well, he and Johnson will double team him

Beckerman and Jermaine is a slow but Jermaine is still very decent.

Altidore is hard to mark and Wood plays inside the box very well.

Altidore is the one to keep tabs on. He had a good game on Friday (although it was against SVG). I say staple Bateau to his arse.

Other than being at home, we also have another advantage against the USA. They just played SVG while we played Guatemala in a hostile environment. For that reason, I think we are better prepared than the US for Tuesday's game.

I hear they calling Kenwyne "K-9 Jones" now. I luv the nick name.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 09:15:53 AM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 09:10:06 PM »
SAM...abu bakr is here to stay...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2015, 09:10:40 PM »
and he will make you eat your words...just like you did before
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2015, 09:33:51 PM »
I see Abu tackling had to pinch myself.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2015, 06:44:24 AM »
say what yuh what want about abu bakr....he might be slow and prone to the odd concentration lapse, but after bateau, he is the most positionally aware CB we have...that in my view more than makes up for his lack of speed.....if he could maintain concentration for d full 90 he will be one of our best ever CBs going forward...

would also like to see Seon Power back into the set up when or if fit ......started out badly few years ago but improved greatly also has deft ball distribution skills for a CB.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 06:48:05 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2015, 06:53:30 AM »
Big mac, I never say he shouldn't play for Trinidad,  but not against certain running teams, I like Abu,,, I feel Mitchell might be a better option.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2015, 07:46:26 AM »
Hats off to coach Hart...ex-players sing praises to coach, team
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

It was undoubtedly the best start for a T&T team at a World Cup Qualifying match. An impressive 2-1 victory over Guatemala in their backyard in Guatemala City on Friday night earned the young “Soca Warriors” full three points and the confidence for their next match tomorrow against the USA at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Former national captain Clayton Morris and ex T&T players Brian Williams and Ron La Forest described the result as extraordinary and congratulated coach Stephen Hart.

La Forrest said that, for all his life playing football, Guatemala has been the most hostile of the Central American countries.

“They make noises at your hotel, they tap the bus that takes your team to matches and back and basically try to throw you off your game. And for the T&T team to win in the midst of all this was a magnificent achievement,” La Forrest said. He also expressed the view that the players have been responding nicely to coach Hart.

“In fact, the players are not playing for T&T but rather for coach Hart. I think he has a really good thing going with the players and they are really responding to him,” La Forrest noted.

Meanwhile, Morris said he cannot remember a T&T team getting a better start to a World Cup campaign.

“They were playing at a very high tempo which is not a customary thing with T&T teams. In fact, the way they were playing I told myself it was just a matter of time that we would have gotten a goal and we did.”

According to Morris the team also played with a certain level of confidence that was impressive.

“You can see them controlling the ball under pressure and making passes. In defence the defenders were also taking the ball in pressure situations and starting attacks which was great,” Morris explained.

Meanwhile, Morris warned against simple mistakes being made by the defence that he feels will be costly if the team does not work on it now. Morris, the ex T&T captain of the 1989 “Strike Squad”, which came within a point of qualifying for the 1990 World Cup in Italy, is warning that Hart’s men need to spend time working on defending as a unit.

“Individually I think we have great defenders but as a team there is some work to be done. For instance, the goal that we received; there was absolutely no marking and tracking. When the Guatemalan player got through the defence with the ball and went wide of the post, there was no one marking him. He even had the time to pick out a man to pass the ball to while the T&T defence was slow to track back and pick up players in the box,” Morris explained.

Morris, who played as a central defender for the Strike Squad, wants the Soca Warriors to not become complacent by the result but rather use it to go after the US at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in pursuit of a another victory in their second match.

Williams is calling on the T&T players to express themselves a bit more in the home game on Tuesday night at 7.36 pm.

After congratulating Hart for the win Williams made the observation that T&T teams tend to play too cagey when they are in front their own home crowd.

“We saw it against Nicaragua last month and we have had a history of doing this, but I think the time has come for us to build our confidence more when we are at home and go after opposing teams. We need to go after the US team because we will have nothing to lose,” Williams said.

The Trinidad and Tobago team is coming off a series of impressive showings, particularly a 4-4 draw with Concacaf giants Mexico and a 2-1 triumph over Panama in Panama. Williams explained that despite playing away from home on Friday night he always felt that T&T had the edge over their counterparts, as has always been the case for T&T teams.

1]; } ?>