March 28, 2024, 04:40:35 AM

Author Topic: T&T Kit Thread  (Read 10806 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T Kit Thread
« on: October 28, 2015, 01:54:48 AM »
World Cup fever builds for Warriors.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

TTFA bags $20-million new kit deal; plus Florida training camp for T&T.

The Trinidad and Tobago men’s senior national football team will have a four-day training camp in Fort Lauderdale, USA, prior to flying to Guatemala for their November 13 opening match of the semi-final round of CONCACAF Zone qualifying for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) has also negotiated a $20-million new kit sponsorship with a Dubai manufacturer, replacing its deal with JOMA.

Tickets for a second World Cup qualifier against the United States will be on sale from this Friday, when the TTFA also launches its new website. Tickets cost $150 (uncovered stands) and $300 (covered stands).

They can be bought at Sports and Games, Kenny’s Sports, Ramsingh’s Sports, Fan Zone. They can also be purchased on-line at islandticket.com.

Yes, World Cup fever has begun.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 05:49:36 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
Who is this Dubai manufacturer?

Kudos on this deal and the training camp!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
JOMA was too plain.

Maybe we will see something better here.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 04:55:27 AM by Sando »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Tim Kee didn't say much, so I dont believe him, cause news this big should be out there already.

Election time coming, you will hear all kind of promises.

2 years now he and Sheldon building Training Center in Marabella, they get approve from FIFA already for de funds, UNC was in power, they say is UNC fault, now PNM in power, wha they go say now?

I don't believe this until I see it

Ah really didn't like that dam JOMA, but Dubai might now be much better??

20 million is a lot, we go see.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
nike or adidas or some big brand please.

Some unknown brand from the middleast.

Right about now I would be happy be Rossi.

I guess we need to find brands that willing to pay sponsorship in unconventional ways......

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
That maybe the same company that JA signed with. For us 20 million is a lot. I would really like to see the details in that deal. We had Addidas for 2006 and then all kind of issues with uniforms after that. We want transparency, RTK. As much as I like Puma and Addidas, Joma was not a bad uniform. I liked the horizontal rugby-like uniform, and their all white uniforms  were decent. Some just picking on everything. Connection does wear Addidas, but some does complain, the jersey to tight, the pants to tight or it too short.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Deeks is right. It is probably Romai who are trying to extend their reach into N. America.
They got Jamaica which was a big coup for them.

http://www.romaiworld.com
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
That is ah considerable amount of money!  Some ah allyuh need to jess hush allyuh ass.  Why would All these big brands jump to sponsor us right now?  What we doing to expand their market?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
$20 million is indeed a lot but it did not state if it was in US or TT but I will assume it's TT since it's from the local newspaper. From the time I read it I figured it's the same company that made the deal with JA. Given our state financially, we may not have a choice but to jump on this opportunity. Let's hear what TK has to say about the details first.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Something fishie, but glad for the news.

Can't imagine a brand from Dubai.

I thought the JOMA deal was for 4 years?

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA bags $20-million new kit deal; plus Florida training camp for T&T.
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2015, 10:08:03 AM »
That is ah considerable amount of money!  Some ah allyuh need to jess hush allyuh ass.  Why would All these big brands jump to sponsor us right now?  What we doing to expand their market?
:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2015, 12:28:58 PM »

Romai is based in Dubai, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they are looking to grow in the region.  The good thing about them is that the designs are not generic...as you can see Jamaica has a custom design that no one else has.

$20M TT is roughly US 3.1 million dollars.  The JFF's contract with Romai is worth roughly US$5M...this deal was signed prior to Jamaica's run to the gold Cup final and creditable showing at the Copa America this year.

They also outfit Bahrain I think.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2015, 03:57:06 PM »
Not trying to blame or accuse anyone, but I find it very suspicious no other media is mentioning about this so called shirt deal?

Pro League and JOMA knows nothing of it. In-fact, the Joma deal it until 2018 and unless the unnamed Dubai company buys out JOMA, the TTFA could very well be sued for nothing seeing out their contract.

I heard JOMA is halting any further shipments of kit to the national team and might be aiming to take legal action??

« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 04:04:17 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2015, 04:01:44 PM »
We really need to know what happened to the deal with Joma. We want some transparency RTK.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2015, 04:37:31 PM »
We really need to know what happened to the deal with Joma. We want some transparency RTK.

i personally like the Joma kit...it is well made and stylish...who the heck are these romai folks??

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2015, 04:45:19 PM »

i personally like the Joma kit...it is well made and stylish...who the heck are these romai folks??

From Dubai. JA used romai uniform in the just recent GC.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2015, 07:39:47 AM »
Btw guys, there were no shirt deal.

JOMA was pissed !!!!!! and had their lawyers lickings their chops only to have found out it was a lie.

;D

Not sure why Tim Kee would lie? and fire one of his best employees (Sheldon).

Oh well.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 07:46:56 AM by Flex »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2015, 09:18:33 AM »

JOMA was pissed !!!!!! and had their lawyers lickings their chops only to have found out it was a lie.

;D

Not sure why Tim Kee would lie? and fire one of his best employees (Sheldon).

Oh well.

hahaha .....sigh...never a dull day........wah ever oui once whoever come in doh f**k with d senior team staff I good
I pity the fool....

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2015, 09:59:33 AM »
RTK making heself look like ah real jackass in the final moments of his presidency.  If he is not careful he will undo any appreciation that existed as a result of the positive direction in the team since he came in.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2015, 10:12:37 AM »
RTK making heself look like ah real jackass in the final moments of his presidency.  If he is not careful he will undo any appreciation that existed as a result of the positive direction in the team since he came in.

Well said.

He undoing the hard work him and Sheldon built in one week.

Why would he lie though?

Not like de people could vote.

Joma must be real vex with this ungrateful f00cker, they give we contract when we had nothing and was nobody.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 10:18:45 AM by Sam »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2015, 10:19:41 AM »

Might be too late for that already.  In the end if the TTFA and the local game will suffer, because if re-elected he has shown that his decision-making is very questionable.  If he's voted out,  whomever the new President is will come with a "mash up and buy back" mentality, rather than looking to build on the good that's already in place.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2015, 11:18:31 AM »

Might be too late for that already.  In the end if the TTFA and the local game will suffer, because if re-elected he has shown that his decision-making is very questionable.  If he's voted out,  whomever the new President is will come with a "mash up and buy back" mentality, rather than looking to build on the good that's already in place.

AGREE!

was never a Kimmy fan, but that 'kit' deal thing was not expected.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2015, 03:58:23 PM »

This seems like par for the course in T&T.  If the government when regime change occurs does do this and they supposed to have the entire citizen population in mind, I cah expect any better in this situation.  I hope I can be pleasantly surprised but I eh plain chupid and holdin meh breath fuh dat!!

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2015, 09:12:07 AM »
what the flying fudge is happening over there? There an outbreak of head-in-ass or something?

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2015, 09:55:48 AM »
No just the usual incompetence, nepotism, cronyism, deception, exploitation, corruption, betrayal. Not a damn thing changed buddy except they feeling more pressure to try and look like they doing something to deserve de wok.
We are now paying attention, but nothing has changed from the Renraw philosophy of business. They all learned well as good students. Not so Horner? Btw Horner, would appreciate a run down from you about how much Uncle J had Uncle Tim as his understudy.
Anyway, somebody asked (I think it was Andre Baptiste) why anybody would be so crazy to seek this nasty low or no-pay job?
Well the dirty li'l secret is that it gives you accesss to powerful people, presidents, sheiks and kings with lots of big brown envelopes for your votes, and disguised FIFA funded projects that sneak / misdirect funds to personal accounts.
Yuh think Uncle Tim loves football so much to eat up his time as a busy insurance man, mayor, to wok for TTFA for FREE! as president?
Hahyuhyeye!!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 10:01:06 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2015, 10:52:44 AM »
No just the usual incompetence, nepotism, cronyism, deception, exploitation, corruption, betrayal. Not a damn thing changed buddy except they feeling more pressure to try and look like they doing something to deserve de wok.
We are now paying attention, but nothing has changed from the Renraw philosophy of business. They all learned well as good students. Not so Horner? Btw Horner, would appreciate a run down from you about how much Uncle J had Uncle Tim as his understudy.
Anyway, somebody asked (I think it was Andre Baptiste) why anybody would be so crazy to seek this nasty low or no-pay job?
Well the dirty li'l secret is that it gives you accesss to powerful people, presidents, sheiks and kings with lots of big brown envelopes for your votes, and disguised FIFA funded projects that sneak / misdirect funds to personal accounts.
Yuh think Uncle Tim loves football so much to eat up his time as a busy insurance man, mayor, to wok for TTFA for FREE! as president?
Hahyuhyeye!!

Not going to comment on anything else... but I would argue that yes he does have a great passion and love for football that he would willingly give his time.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2015, 11:10:29 AM »
Hahyuhyeye!!

Not going to comment on anything else... but I would argue that yes he does have a great passion and love for football that he would willingly give his time.

Tim Kee might like football yea, but he just don't have de sense to run it properly and he need to stop the fren and son thing and hire smart, organise, willing, hungry people who can do de work and not de same ole tun tun and them.

He also fire he smartest employee three weeks before election, a real kakahole move, he eh to bright. Sheldon was de only man who coulda handle he wok.

Wallace, Muhammad and he son Kareem was sucking him like how Truetrini use to suck Anton wood.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 11:15:20 AM by Sam »

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2015, 02:31:52 PM »

Wallace, Muhammad and he son Kareem was sucking him like how Truetrini use to suck Anton wood.

I tell yuh... socawarriors.net or nothing else  :cheers:
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2015, 05:00:59 PM »
Dear God,

Please let November 29th come quick so we can see the back of this total f**king shithong forever.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2015, 01:27:16 PM »
Now catching up.

:rotfl:

1]; } ?>